PDA

View Full Version : Rockets tried to get Lowry at deadline

spreadeagle
03-20-2014, 12:10 AM
Only posting this because at deadline I thought this was a perfect trade but so many ppl said Lowry had burned to many bridges in Hou already. But Asik would have been great on the Raps (assuming he would have been in deal) because Valanciunas is not ready to start on a competitive team IMO and Lowry with Howard Harden n Parsons would have been deadly.

The Houston Rockets attempted to trade for Kyle Lowry ahead of the deadline, according to sources.

Lowry was traded to the Toronto Raptors by the Rockets in the 2012 offseason.

Lowry has been one of the NBA's best point guards this season and will be a coveted free agent.

"I would have done things differently in Houston," Lowry said. "I really respected Kevin McHale. I wish I would have had an opportunity to play for him longer. The things he was teaching me, well, I didn't understand right away. When you get away from someone, though, see it from the outside looking in, you go back and think, 'Damn, I could've learned some more things from the guy.'

"I wanted to stay with Coach Adelman and needed to get over that. [McHale] came in with a different philosophy, and I wish I could've adapted to it quicker." http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-kyle-lowry-transformed-the-raptors-and-became-of-the-nba-s-top-point-guards-225543400.html

P&GRealist
03-20-2014, 12:29 AM
Don't know why anyone would want to play for Morey. Aaron Brooks played for him, he traded him to PHX for Dragic, and then signed him back just to get rid of him again. He got rid of Lowry and then wanted to trade back for him. Don't also forget that he basically played around multiple times with Dragic and also Battier by trading him back to Memphis.

If there's ever a sneaky GM that you don't want to play for as he is so unpredictable, he can trade you at any moment without any regard for you, that's Daryl Morey.

Asik's better
03-20-2014, 01:15 AM
I feel like the rockets trading for lowery would of been in the same vain as the Williams talks. Just quick how much would he cost talks.

Don't know why anyone would want to play for Morey. Aaron Brooks played for him, he traded him to PHX for Dragic, and then signed him back just to get rid of him again. He got rid of Lowry and then wanted to trade back for him. Don't also forget that he basically played around multiple times with Dragic and also Battier by trading him back to Memphis.

If there's ever a sneaky GM that you don't want to play for as he is so unpredictable, he can trade you at any moment without any regard for you, that's Daryl Morey.

Alright just to clarify some points raised in this random attack on DM.
1. Brooks was traded for the first time because he lost his starting job and was on the slide. He was traded the second time because he was wasting away on the bench so DM traded him to Denver where he would get mins. Nothing sneaky about that.
2. the reason he traded lowery was because him and Mchale didn't get along. And as I said above, the talks for trading him back to Htown where probably not that serious. Nothing sneaky about that.
3. In regards to dragic, he wanted more money than Morey was prepared to pay him so he signed with Phoenix who was prepared to pay him that much. Nothing sneaky about that.
3. Finally, battier was traded after rockets realised that their playoff chances where fading so DM decided to gain a couple if 1st round picks. He also traded Battier to a playoff bound Memphis grizzles team. Nothing sneaky about that.

Saddletramp
03-20-2014, 01:31 AM
Morey got a first rounder and Thabeet (who wasn't absolutely terrible at the time and was still a project) and was doing Battier a favor as Houston wasn't making the playoffs and the Grizz were.

Brooks didn't play as well when he was traded for Dragic and Brooks wanted to come back when he could because Houston was the only place he played that he wasn't bad. He felt comfortable in Houston and he wanted to get back his groove from his days there.

Lowry diva'd his way out of Houston when it was apparent that he butted heads with McHale.

And the problem with re-signing Dragic was that Dragic wanted 4 years and. Morey wouldn't budge off of 3.