PDA

View Full Version : Do The Suns Make The Playoffs, and If So, Who Drops out of the Playoff Race?

P&GRealist
03-19-2014, 11:32 PM
Do the Suns make the playoffs, and if so, who drops out?

6. Golden State Warriors: 43 W - 26 L
7. Memphis Grizzlies: 40 W - 27 L
8. Dallas Mavericks: 41 W - 28 L

------------------------------------------------------------

9. Phoenix Suns: 38 w - 29 L

Duncan = Donkey
03-19-2014, 11:35 PM
Cant see them making it.

sunsfan88
03-19-2014, 11:49 PM
If they make it, it will be Dallas that drops out.

gatkins11
03-20-2014, 03:42 AM
If they make it, it will be Dallas that drops out.

As a Mavs fan, I hope Dallas does drop out. No point in getting curb-stomped in the first round and potentially having to convey the first rounder to OKC.

COOLbeans
03-20-2014, 03:45 AM
As a Mavs fan, I hope Dallas does drop out. No point in getting curb-stomped in the first round and potentially having to convey the first rounder to OKC.

Wow.

abe_froman
03-20-2014, 03:50 AM
nope

Vinylman
03-20-2014, 09:38 AM
The only reasons the Suns will miss the playoffs is that they were to cheap to take on Pau's deal...

Robert Sarver the epitome of cheap

Walt
03-20-2014, 09:40 AM
Wow.

I somewhat agree with him. We are going to get *** raped by OKC or SA. I'd rather us get a top 20 pick than get none and get potentially swept in the first round.

sunsfan88
03-20-2014, 11:26 AM
Yea for me if the Suns are definitely eliminated from the playoffs, I hope we let Minnesota pass us in the standings so we can get their pick.

KnicksorBust
03-20-2014, 11:29 AM
I haven't bought into the Suns the whole season. When they were the 6th seed and had a comfortable lead I didn't even trust them to make the playoffs. Now that they are on the outside looking in? They are done.

nickdymez
03-20-2014, 12:02 PM
I think its great that the Suns would be the number 3 team in the East.

Blitzbolt
03-20-2014, 12:18 PM
Grizzlies are not beating the spurs we have to fight and get Okc.

MonroeFAN
03-20-2014, 12:46 PM
The only reasons the Suns will miss the playoffs is that they were to cheap to take on Pau's deal...

That was a terrible deal for PHX. Why would they make a deal like that just to barely make the playoffs?

leftie5
03-20-2014, 12:59 PM
I haven't bought into the Suns the whole season. When they were the 6th seed and had a comfortable lead I didn't even trust them to make the playoffs. Now that they are on the outside looking in? They are done.

The West is pretty brutal and a lot more competitive from top to bottom. Would be a lot easier in the East. It is crazy that two teams under .500 are going to make the playoffs in the East.

mdm692
03-20-2014, 01:12 PM

I'm pretty sure we were always in the luxury tax or near it when we were a contender in the mid 00's. Also when Sarver didn't pay Stat, rightfully so, he overpaid Childress, Frye, Warrick and acquired Turkoglu all in the same off-season in a horrible attempt to give Nash one last run. Anyways since Stat was brought up how is that working out for the Knicks? Maybe the Suns should of paid him 20 million a year to ride the bench right? But I guess that makes Sarver cheap :rolleyes:. Anyways those were horrible signings but when they were made he had no GM because Kerr was let go. He is stupid and should not make any Bball related decision but cheap he is not. On top of that what kind of ****** would pay 2 1st round picks for a 3 month rental of Gasol. Lastly I know you're going to bring up the JJ and Marion situation but I'll let you ask the Hawk fans if JJ is worth the money he got from them instead of Phoenix. Also while you're at it stop by the Raps and Heat forum and ask if Marion was max contract worthy.

2-ONE-5
03-20-2014, 01:14 PM
no they will miss out and i will win my sig bet with sunsfan!

mdm692
03-20-2014, 01:26 PM
Back to topic. Suns currently sit 1.5 games behind Dal and Mem so all they have to do is make sure that lead doesn't grow and maybe even try to get it to 1 game or 0.5 game then just wait to play Mem and Dal one last time and beat them both. Also one thing that is going to help the Suns if my scenario plays out as I have stated is that Mem and Dal have to play each other the last game of the season.

Vinylman
03-20-2014, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty sure we were always in the luxury tax or near it when we were a contender in the mid 00's. Also when Sarver didn't pay Stat, rightfully so, he overpaid Childress, Frye, Warrick and acquired Turkoglu all in the same off-season in a horrible attempt to give Nash one last run. Anyways since Stat was brought up how is that working out for the Knicks? Maybe the Suns should of paid him 20 million a year to ride the bench right? But I guess that makes Sarver cheap :rolleyes:. Anyways those were horrible signings but when they were made he had no GM because Kerr was let go. He is stupid and should not make any Bball related decision but cheap he is not. On top of that what kind of ****** would pay 2 1st round picks for a 3 month rental of Gasol. Lastly I know you're going to bring up the JJ and Marion situation but I'll let you ask the Hawk fans if JJ is worth the money he got from them instead of Phoenix. Also while you're at it stop by the Raps and Heat forum and ask if Marion was max contract worthy.

wow... so much garbage it is hard for me to waste my time refuting it so instead I will just post a link to the best article on why phoenix is cheap... please review all the LT avoiding decisions that were made DURING their peak run... selling picks, trading picks, pissing off players over money...

Sarver always refused to go over the cap to win and that is ultimately why Phoenix never got it done...

but let me let bill simmons explain it to you

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons%2F080501

As for Gasol... the Lakers never asked for 2 #1s

Vinylman
03-20-2014, 03:46 PM
That was a terrible deal for PHX. Why would they make a deal like that just to barely make the playoffs?

what was the deal that was so terrible?

2-ONE-5
03-20-2014, 04:19 PM
wish Gasol they would be fighting for 6th

mdm692
03-20-2014, 05:24 PM
wow... so much garbage it is hard for me to waste my time refuting it so instead I will just post a link to the best article on why phoenix is cheap... please review all the LT avoiding decisions that were made DURING their peak run... selling picks, trading picks, pissing off players over money...

Sarver always refused to go over the cap to win and that is ultimately why Phoenix never got it done...

but let me let bill simmons explain it to you

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons%2F080501

As for Gasol... the Lakers never asked for 2 #1s
Like I said he should not make any ball related decisions and the players got passed cause they thought they deserved more money than they really did. Like I said did you ask Knicks about stat? Hawks about JJ? Either way A 3 month rental of Gasol is worth a pick in the 20's at best and I'm sure everybody here agrees with me specially since he is not a long term solution and we could acquire somebody better this off season so in no way shape or form was it ever a good deal. You're talking **** about throwing away picks so why in the **** would the Suns trade a 1st round pick in the teens in a draft that has so much depth. For what to get eliminated in the 1st round? You really are a genius.

Vinylman
03-20-2014, 06:37 PM
Like I said he should not make any ball related decisions and the players got passed cause they thought they deserved more money than they really did. Like I said did you ask Knicks about stat? Hawks about JJ? Either way A 3 month rental of Gasol is worth a pick in the 20's at best and I'm sure everybody here agrees with me specially since he is not a long term solution and we could acquire somebody better this off season so in no way shape or form was it ever a good deal. You're talking **** about throwing away picks so why in the **** would the Suns trade a 1st round pick in the teens in a draft that has so much depth. For what to get eliminated in the 1st round? You really are a genius.

as usual you got nothing...

why do you invoke guys like JJ? his deal was around $70 million when he left... he called mr cheap and told him not to match the hawks deal because he was sick of being jerked around. The second JJ contract has nothing to do with why he left or what his value was when he left.

Who said the Suns should have signed Stat when the knicks did? Talk about a red herring... the suns were **** once they traded for shaq... So again, what does not signing Stat have to do with Sarver being cheap

As for Gasol, no one said the lakers were looking for a pick this year... I am sure any future #1 from the shittay suns would have been fine since they usually pick in about the same spot every year.

Sarver is a cheap POS... there are no 2 ways about it... he doesn't have the stones to try and win.

kobe4thewinbang
03-20-2014, 06:49 PM
LOL, way to copy my thread.

mdm692
03-20-2014, 11:32 PM
as usual you got nothing...

why do you invoke guys like JJ? his deal was around $70 million when he left... he called mr cheap and told him not to match the hawks deal because he was sick of being jerked around. The second JJ contract has nothing to do with why he left or what his value was when he left.

Who said the Suns should have signed Stat when the knicks did? Talk about a red herring... the suns were **** once they traded for shaq... So again, what does not signing Stat have to do with Sarver being cheap

As for Gasol, no one said the lakers were looking for a pick this year... I am sure any future #1 from the shittay suns would have been fine since they usually pick in about the same spot every year.

Sarver is a cheap POS... there are no 2 ways about it... he doesn't have the stones to try and win.

Actually the Lakers were looking for a better pick then what the Suns were willing to give in this year's class. Every media outlet reported it even the Lakers outlets so get your facts straight. 70 mill was still quite a bit for Mr 1st round exit. Also wtf does she have to do with anything here lol. Marion wanted max money which he isn't worth it and also having Hill made him expendable. Then when Terry Porter came in the players quit on him and then Gentry came in but Stat got injured. We also had J-rich who had a pretty big contract if I'm not mistaken.

Vinylman
03-21-2014, 08:08 AM
Actually the Lakers were looking for a better pick then what the Suns were willing to give in this year's class. Every media outlet reported it even the Lakers outlets so get your facts straight. 70 mill was still quite a bit for Mr 1st round exit. Also wtf does she have to do with anything here lol. Marion wanted max money which he isn't worth it and also having Hill made him expendable. Then when Terry Porter came in the players quit on him and then Gentry came in but Stat got injured. We also had J-rich who had a pretty big contract if I'm not mistaken.

more garbled nonsense that has nothing to do with my original point. Again, Sarver is cheap... no reasonable NBA observer would disagree... Don't disagree with me... it is all there in that simmons article

PSD... where ADD happens

NBA_Starter
03-21-2014, 03:51 PM
I think they are done now but what those guys have done so far shouldn't be underrated or lost in the shuffle, man if they were only in the East.

Goose17
03-21-2014, 03:54 PM
I think Dallas drops out.

torocan
03-21-2014, 04:25 PM
IF the Suns make it in, and that's a mighty big IF, it's probably over Dallas.

Memphis is hitting their stride and making up for lost time with the return of Gasol. Heck, if Memphis was healthy this season I think they'd be right in the thick of it in terms of the 3-6 seeds.

Still, Dallas is playing their best ball right now. It's going to be REAL hard to catch them, despite it only being 1.5 games.

sunsfan88
03-22-2014, 01:13 AM
no they will miss out and i will win my sig bet with sunsfan!

You also said that the Suns won't even have a winning record.

sunsfan88
03-22-2014, 01:15 AM
more garbled nonsense that has nothing to do with my original point. Again, Sarver is cheap... no reasonable NBA observer would disagree... Don't disagree with me... it is all there in that simmons article

PSD... where ADD happens
You do realize that both Bill Simmons and Adrian Woj have praised Sarver for his actions lately right?

Vinylman
03-22-2014, 09:54 PM
You do realize that both Bill Simmons and Adrian Woj have praised Sarver for his actions lately right?

what does that have to do with him being cheap and blowing it when they had a roster that could get it done...

but by all means ... post me some links on all this positive praise from simmons...

sunsfan88
03-25-2014, 12:08 AM
IMO the Blazers should drop out.

Mavs, Suns and Grizz are all better than them.

king4day
03-25-2014, 04:17 PM
what was the deal that was so terrible?

Some rumors had LA wanting Washington or Minny's pick. Other rumors had LA wanting two of Phoenix' firsts. Assuming any are true, it wouldn't have been worth it. Not for a rental with no assurances he would had fit or even returned next season.

In the end, the Suns are still a rebuilding team. Playoffs this season would be a bonus.

king4day
03-25-2014, 04:20 PM
IMO the Blazers should drop out.

Mavs, Suns and Grizz are all better than them.

Amazing how Portland has been tailspinning.

mdm692
03-25-2014, 04:31 PM
what does that have to do with him being cheap and blowing it when they had a roster that could get it done...

but by all means ... post me some links on all this positive praise from simmons...

None of those players that you suggested we overpaid could get it done alone or with us but I guess we should just overpay to keep these poor suffering millionaires richer and happy. The reason why the Suns couldn't get it done was the lack of decent C on the team and anybody who saw them play would agree. In the playoffs we got beat because we played average D and didn't have a rim protector against the bigger teams. Stat at C was definitely not the answer but it worked fantastically on offense. "Offense sells tickets, defense wins championships".

mdm692
03-25-2014, 04:33 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if Blazers dropped out of the playoffs.

Hawkeye15
03-25-2014, 04:36 PM
Amazing how Portland has been tailspinning.

nah, when they started out hot, I called this stretch they have been going through. Looking at their schedule, it was an easy call. They had one of the easiest SOS's in the west the first half of the year. It was coming at some point.

Anyways, looking at the schedules, the Suns have an easier one than the Mavs, though they do play again in Dallas late, and both play Memphis right after.

I would bet the Suns now, they are healthy again, and I just don't trust the Mavs defense in the tougher schedule.

sunsfan88
03-25-2014, 05:48 PM
Blazers seem to do this every year. They start off hot and then cool off due to injuries or just lackluster play.

TWolves are following that routine as well.

Hawkeye15
03-25-2014, 06:04 PM
Blazers seem to do this every year. They start off hot and then cool off due to injuries or just lackluster play.

TWolves are following that routine as well.

If only Kevin Love had Lillard, Matthews, Lopez, and Batum....

mdm692
03-25-2014, 07:14 PM

He could have Green, Dragic, Bledsoe an Plumlee :p.

NBA_Starter
03-25-2014, 10:07 PM
The Suns have struck back, they had more gas left in the tank than I thought.

Jeffy25
03-25-2014, 10:11 PM
I somewhat agree with him. We are going to get *** raped by OKC or SA. I'd rather us get a top 20 pick than get none and get potentially swept in the first round.

If you were an OKC fan, that's exactly what you are hoping for.

JEDean89
03-25-2014, 10:32 PM
man if portland drops and gets a lotto pick, that could be crazy. their bench isn't that stellar and I'm curious as to what their starting 5 can improve on. Lamarcus has tailed off and I think, really, the west is now so stacked that it is gonna be near impossible to do what the spurs and thunder are doing.

looking at next year too. The Kings with a top pick are gonna be interesting, the Pelicans are gonna be a playoff threat, Minnesota might be able to improve, the Nuggets are getting a mid lotto pick + Gallo, McGee and Robinson back next year, + all the other playoff contenders already. ****'s getting ridiculous out west.

sunsfan88
03-25-2014, 11:16 PM
Martin's better than Matthews, Pekovic is way better than Lopez.

FOBolous
03-25-2014, 11:33 PM
the Warriors.

ricky recon
03-26-2014, 12:16 AM
I actually have faith in the Mavericks. I don't root for them to lose because I think they'll get "raped" by the Thunder.

The Thunder really raped us tonight.

sunsfan88
03-29-2014, 12:51 AM
Suns are #7 :clap:

todu82
03-29-2014, 10:07 AM
Yes, Mavs.

futureman
03-29-2014, 12:42 PM
I'm hoping the warriors for obvious reasons. But I doubt it.

tredigs
03-29-2014, 01:08 PM
I'm hoping the warriors for obvious reasons. But I doubt it.

What are the obvious reasons? You just hate them? Haha.

And your sig makes zero sense my man.

mrblisterdundee
03-30-2014, 04:30 PM
What are the obvious reasons? You just hate them? Haha.

And your sig makes zero sense my man.

I think he means that the Warriors aren't contenders and could enter one of the richest lotteries in a while if they just miss the playoffs. Come on; everybody else is doing it.

mzgrizz
03-30-2014, 11:15 PM
Well, I guess that'll be my consolation with a stacked draft IF MY GRIZZ DON'T WAKE THE HELL UP !!!!

mdm692
03-31-2014, 12:06 PM
Horrible game vs LA but thank god Mem and GS lost too.