PDA

View Full Version : Do The Knicks Make The Playoffs, and If So, Who Drops out of the Playoff Race?

P&GRealist
03-19-2014, 11:05 PM
Do the Knicks make the playoffs, and if so, who drops out?

7. Charlotte Bobcats: 33 W - 36 L
8. Atlanta Hawks: 31 W - 35 L

----------------------------------------------

9. New York Knicks: 28 W - 40 L

nycericanguy
03-19-2014, 11:09 PM
gonna be tough but they have a shot...

4 games coming up against HORRIBLE teams so if they are for real they should be able to extend to an 11 game winning streak.

CHA has POR, HOU, & BK next so they could easily lose 2 of their next 3... not to mention ATL & CHA play each other once more so there's a guaranteed loss for one of those teams.

Will probably take 38-39 wins... which means NY has to go at least 10-4... but more likely 11-3 or 12-2 the rest of the way.

nycericanguy
03-19-2014, 11:11 PM
tell you what though, Knicks would not be a typical #8 seed if they get in, especially if Amare keeps playing the way he has and they are healthy.

Last year they battled IND pretty well and they were not healthy.

Duncan = Donkey
03-19-2014, 11:20 PM
They suck ***, but its the east so its possible

Pierzynski4Prez
03-19-2014, 11:25 PM
This NY run here can help the Bulls here big time.

If NY can make it, and Charlotte is the team that drops out, the Bulls will get the Bobcats pick at likely pick #11 or 12 instead of #15 or 16. Cats pick is top 10 protected.

TheNumber37
03-19-2014, 11:58 PM
All That's noteworthy is that the Knicks could win their last 22 straight games and only be 2 games above .500

Sadly, I think the Knicks miss out... They've won 7 straight, yes, but the Hawk have won about 6, had the gone 3-3 or even 4-2 they'd be in the race a bit more...

Hawks or Cats have to drop 3 straight

NYKNYGNYY
03-20-2014, 12:14 AM
I hope but doubt it... What a smack in the face we finally get on a winning streak.... Buttttt it's the same time as the hawks

Captain Moroni
03-20-2014, 12:27 AM
being 4 back in the loss column is tough to overcome this late.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-20-2014, 12:35 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/playoffodds

6% according to hollinger.

no they wont

AddiX
03-20-2014, 01:11 AM
Obviously I want them to get in.

But they don't deserve it, the way they showed up to this season after winning all those games last year was disgraceful. It was like they expected to be good, or just didn't care. Waited until now to show some heart, makes no damn sense, and is why I want to clean house besides shump and hardaway. Heck, Cole can stay too if he wants.

MelanconMadness
03-20-2014, 01:23 AM
Unfortunately it's a little too late. This streak even right before the ASB would have made it a lot easier

abe_froman
03-20-2014, 01:26 AM
no,atl is doing a good job keeping in front of them and ny has a tougher remaining schedule

mrblisterdundee
03-20-2014, 01:32 AM
Obviously I want them to get in.

But they don't deserve it, the way they showed up to this season after winning all those games last year was disgraceful. It was like they expected to be good, or just didn't care. Waited until now to show some heart, makes no damn sense, and is why I want to clean house besides shump and hardaway. Heck, Cole can stay too if he wants.

That's interesting, because many are saying Carmelo Anthony has tried harder this season more than any other. I agree on keeping either Shumpert or Hardaway, but I don't think the Knicks should keep both. I would say keep Hardaway Jr. and trade Shumpert, likely with other players, for a point guard or power forward. They're the only valuable young assets the Knicks have, and they both play the same position not to mention J.R. Smith also playing it.

redsoxknicks
03-20-2014, 01:35 AM
The remaining schedule will be brutal. Unless something fluky happens with Atlanta or Charlotte, there are not enough games to overcome the overall terrible play this season.

Too bad, because we are finally playing like a team we would all love to see in the Playoffs.

xxcubs22xx
03-20-2014, 02:22 AM
Charlotte's remaining schedule seems pretty tough

MTar786
03-20-2014, 04:00 AM
if someone drops off its going to have to be charlotte.. i think their lead is too big right now to fall off though. lets say they go 6 and 7 their last 13 games. the knicks would have to go 12 and 2 at worst with their remaining games. basically its going to take a hell of a lot of effort. hope it happens though

torocan
03-20-2014, 11:11 AM
I find it hard to see it happening. There's just not enough games left to make it unless Charlotte or the Hawks completely collapse.

On the bright side, I think we're going to see the Knicks play their best basketball for the remainder of the season. I file this under the Phil Auditions... nobody wants to be the guy cut by a living legend. And if you're on your way out, you at *least* want the respect of Phil before he gets rid of you.

Having Phil join the Knicks mid-season is like playing a hoops game at the local gym and Lebron shows up to watch. Everyone is going to elevate their game just so they can be the guy that says, "Yah, so LBJ dropped by and told me he liked my game...."