PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo's top two choices are Bulls and Rockets

djohn2oo8
03-18-2014, 08:51 PM
Anthony has free-agent options, and two have risen above everything else: Chicago and Houston, sources with direct knowledge of his plans told Yahoo Sports. The Bulls have an easier path to clear the necessary salary-cap space to sign Anthony, but the Rockets believe they can shed the contracts necessary to offer a third near-max deals alongside Dwight Howard and James Harden, league sources said.

"He'll give New York every option," one source with knowledge of Anthony's plans told Yahoo Sports on Tuesday. "But he has options and he's going to explore them all."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/phil-jackson-takes-charge-of-the-knicks--james-dolan-takes-his-cue-to-get-lost-230358424.html

waveycrockett
03-18-2014, 08:57 PM
His 1st Choice should be Chicago. He would actually learn to play defense under Thibs and would still be #1 option on that team. Rose would be more of a facilitator. HOU would still be great but their defense already is bad and I can see Harden and Melo clashing over shots and I dont think Mchale is ready to handle 3 superstar egos.

djohn2oo8
03-18-2014, 09:00 PM
His 1st Choice should be Chicago. He would actually learn to play defense under Thibs and would still be #1 option on that team. Rose would be more of a facilitator. HOU would still be great but their defense already is bad and I can see Harden and Melo clashing over shots and I dont think Mchale is ready to handle 3 superstar egos.

Yeah, I'd hope for the Rockets to have a new coach for that to work.

RipCity32
03-18-2014, 09:01 PM
Definitely should go to Chicago. That team would be a contender even without Rose back with the way Noah has blossomed.

2-ONE-5
03-18-2014, 09:02 PM
im not sure he fits on either or that its worth it for them to pay him a max deal

jerellh528
03-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Melo should be a bull.

Asik's better
03-18-2014, 09:06 PM
I just don't see melo going to the rockets. I also don't see it working.

BklynKnicks3
03-18-2014, 09:19 PM
Lol at melo leaving

KnicksorBust
03-18-2014, 09:22 PM
I have said before that Melo is a great fit in Chicago but now that Phil Jackson is in NY I believe we have a better chance at retaining him.

tr3ymill3r
03-18-2014, 09:29 PM
What if Phil doesn't really want Melo?

NBA_Starter
03-18-2014, 09:31 PM
Is this from Stephen A. Smith?

djohn2oo8
03-18-2014, 09:32 PM
Is this from Stephen A. Smith?

No, its from Adrian Wojo from yahoo, who is very legit.

GiantsSwaGG
03-18-2014, 09:34 PM
Bulls makes the most sense

Dade County
03-18-2014, 09:58 PM
I think Melo would rather go through KD in the west, then having to deal with the HEAT in the east.

If this report is sure, then Melo will join the Rockets, and Cp3 will be joining him sooner then later.

The dream would be realized.

Cp3
Melo
Howard

waveycrockett
03-18-2014, 10:03 PM
I think Melo would rather go through KD in the west, then having to deal with the HEAT in the east.

If this report is sure, then Melo will join the Rockets, and Cp3 will be joining him sooner then later.

The dream would be realized.

Cp3
Melo
Howard

OKC is young and loaded and still getting better. Not to mention the west is 10 deep with very good teams. The HEAT are old and fading. I'd rather be out East.

*Superman*
03-18-2014, 10:08 PM
Oh my. Him on the Bulls with Rose hopefully coming back would be so fun to see.

MTar786
03-18-2014, 10:08 PM
best fit by far for melo is the bulls. infact it would remind me of a 76er team that was made perfectly to fit iverson.. except wayy batter. add rose and they are better than Indiana already. and would beat the heat next year too imo. I'm not even sure the heat can win it all this year without help from the refs

*Superman*
03-18-2014, 10:14 PM
I have said before that Melo is a great fit in Chicago but now that Phil Jackson is in NY I believe we have a better chance at retaining him.

I know this sucks for Knicks fan to possibly see Melo leave, but honestly why would he stick around now? Just because they added Phil? I mean its not like the guy is even a player, he's just going to be in the FO. The Kincks are in a bad position with no picks and bad contracts, its time to rebuild.

I believe it would be pretty damn silly for Phil Jackson to be the deciding factor in what Melo does.

Trwood12
03-18-2014, 10:23 PM
I've always said the if he wants to be a championship contender he will go to the bulls. That would be a monster team. And it will make the east a little bit less of a joke.

torocan
03-18-2014, 10:24 PM
I think push comes to shove, if Melo does NOT want to stay in New York and is open to a sign and trade, he ends up in Houston. The reason is simple... the Knicks aren't going to turn another Eastern Conference team, *especially* the Bulls into a contender.

You can't underestimate the impact of a team being in-conference during trade talks.

Shammyguy3
03-18-2014, 10:27 PM
I think push comes to shove, if Melo does NOT want to stay in New York and is open to a sign and trade, he ends up in Houston. The reason is simple... the Knicks aren't going to turn another Eastern Conference team, *especially* the Bulls into a contender.

You can't underestimate the impact of a team being in-conference during trade talks.

While a potentially valid point torocan, I must disagree in this scenario. The Knicks are YEARS away from contention. By the time they've built a new championship window, the one for the Bulls (if Melo went there) would be just about done with. Also, you can't cut off your nose to spite your face - if the Bulls have a better potential s&t package, the Knicks would take it no matter what conference the proposing team is in

FOBolous
03-18-2014, 10:27 PM
He'll have an easier path to the final with the bulls than with the rockets. Western conference is too deep.

Ill21
03-18-2014, 10:45 PM
im indifferent about the situation at this point

NYKNYGNYY
03-18-2014, 10:45 PM
No...more....melo....threads... :facepalm:

RipCity32
03-18-2014, 11:00 PM
Houston seems like it would be a sloppy mess if they added Melo. That's just too much going on.

D-Leethal
03-18-2014, 11:05 PM
What if Phil doesn't really want Melo?

He wouldn't have said unsolicited in his opening statement that he wants Melo here long term, and follow up reiterating that 10-20 times throughout the day.

D-Leethal
03-18-2014, 11:07 PM
This is the same article posted in the SAS thread.

Its pretty easy to see where the agenda from Woj and SAS stems from. They both got teabagged this week.

D-Leethal
03-18-2014, 11:15 PM
lmfao, you stole it off PSD's redheaded stepchild's wiretap and decided to cut it short. For dramatic effect, I guess.

Title actually reads as:

Bulls, Rockets Emerge As Carmelo's Options If He Decides To Leave Knicks

CluTcH_c1tY
03-18-2014, 11:24 PM
As a Rockets fan I don't see how Melo would fit the team. I'd rather have them pursue Kevin Love, who I believe will mesh very well with the current team.

setman2000
03-18-2014, 11:28 PM
Hilarious, the little ***** wasn't good enough to carry Denver and he's not good enough in NY. Now he's going to quit on another team because he's not a winner. Maybe he can find a championship being the 3rd or 4th best player on a team. Nothing but a loser.

Neo_Elite 23
03-19-2014, 12:12 AM
TO ALL OF YOU WHO THINK THEIR WILL BE A SIGN AND TRADE THINK AGAIN! Its not the knicks choice or the rockets choice its melo's choice he is a free agent they can talk the talk but nobody but melo can trade himself

Dade County
03-19-2014, 12:22 AM
OKC is young and loaded and still getting better. Not to mention the west is 10 deep with very good teams. The HEAT are old and fading. I'd rather be out East.

Well after the Miami HEAT organization win's 3 to 4 more rings, maybe your mindset about this subject would have changed some.

And yes the west is harder, but does that really matter if the HEAT are beating those west teams in the Final's.

waveycrockett
03-19-2014, 12:42 AM
Well after the Miami HEAT organization win's 3 to 4 more rings, maybe your mindset about this subject would have changed some.

And yes the west is harder, but does that really matter if the HEAT are beating those west teams in the Final's.
Give it a rest dude. They will win 1 more and that will be it. Wade is close to being done. Without him they aren't the same no matter how well LBJ plays.

Tysons_Beard
03-19-2014, 12:54 AM
hes staying

BenFrank
03-19-2014, 12:56 AM
I remember people saying Wade and Lebron wouldn't work, and they have been to 3 straight finals with 2 Rings, Harden is a willing passer, and played with 2 ball dominate players in KD and Westbrook.. I honestly don't think Melo needs the ball to be efficient.. he's a outstanding spot up shooting who would get more open looks when Harden drives the Lane, not to mention a pick and roll combo between Howard/Melo/Harden would be almost impossible to stop.. Howard would get most of his points off of put backs, and lobs... but be mainly relied on to be a defender and rebounder.. I think there's a reason Melo gained interest in Houston, and I think it's because Howard has been secretly recruiting him..

TorontoHuskies
03-19-2014, 01:49 AM
I've been saying he'll leave for the Rockets for months...

TorontoHuskies
03-19-2014, 01:50 AM
TO ALL OF YOU WHO THINK THEIR WILL BE A SIGN AND TRADE THINK AGAIN! Its not the knicks choice or the rockets choice its melo's choice he is a free agent they can talk the talk but nobody but melo can trade himself

Melo would make more money in a sign-and-trade so he will.

LoveMeOrHateMe
03-19-2014, 02:05 AM
Lol at melo leaving

That's what i said about Dwight leaving LA least year and I was wrong

TrueFan420
03-19-2014, 02:31 AM

What? Melo can't trade himself. All he can do is sign with a team with cap space or try and get the teams to sign and trade. Knicks could even trade him before the deadline for whatever they can get if they really think he's gone. A lot of different things can happen. Please try and write in better English too. You make zero sense.

Sadds The Gr8
03-19-2014, 03:14 AM
I think he should leave and want him to leave, but just don't see it happening. He clearly likes playing in NY. If I were an NYK fan I wouldn't be worried at all, but I'm not so that's easy for me to say...

Trueblue2
03-19-2014, 03:15 AM
While a potentially valid point torocan, I must disagree in this scenario. The Knicks are YEARS away from contention. By the time they've built a new championship window, the one for the Bulls (if Melo went there) would be just about done with. Also, you can't cut off your nose to spite your face - if the Bulls have a better potential s&t package, the Knicks would take it no matter what conference the proposing team is in

If houston is willing to send chandler, lin, and asik, cash or/prospect/draft considerations to make up for paying the poison pill year, plus a first id rather have that than taj and a first. Asik and lin expire at the same time as chandler and MRI, that makes for a fast retool.

Chrisclover
03-19-2014, 06:28 AM
I believe now he has a much bigger chance than before to stay as a knick. With that being said, he is still not having full faith in the FO of the knicks, even though they now have the legendary coach Phil as their guider. Phil, no doubt, is discerning and experienced in the basketball affairs, yet he has never taken on the role of a management position, thus how he performs remains to be seen,which is similar to the case of Kidd. Kidd has already clinched a spot in the HOF but his coaching career just took off less than a year and as people all over the globe know, Kidd had a hard time when this season started. When he was at his wit 's end, he even bumped into his player to get the game pause in order to gain more time to set a finally play, which was found out by the league.All these suggest that a rookie may need some time to adapt himself to the new position.
If Anthony stays because of Phil he is gambling,albeit on a former world class coach.

tr3ymill3r
03-19-2014, 08:13 AM
I think the only way he stays in NY is if they bring in another star. I don't think Melo has the time to wait another 2-3 years for a star to join him. Nothing is promised in NY, whereas there is an often times injured Rose and Noah in Chicago or James Harden and Dwight Howard in Houston. He can choose to wait and hope that more talent shows up in NY or he can join stars already in place and potentially get his money too with a sign and trade.

MonroeFAN
03-19-2014, 08:49 AM
Melo is not going anywhere. They just brought in another star, his name is Phil Jackson.

Why on earth would he go to Houston? That sounds like a terrible idea. Here's your 10 shots per game Melo, we're still not good enough to win anything.

Htownballa1622
03-19-2014, 11:15 AM
Melo is not going anywhere. They just brought in another star, his name is Phil Jackson.

Why on earth would he go to Houston? That sounds like a terrible idea. Here's your 10 shots per game Melo, we're still not good enough to win anything.

Not that I necessarily care if Melo comes or not....

but Melo attempts 22fg per game

Parsons- 13
Jones- 9.1
Lin-9.1

There's plenty of shots to go around. Let's try to make some kind of sense can we?

Goose17
03-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Give it a rest dude. They will win 1 more and that will be it. Wade is close to being done. Without him they aren't the same no matter how well LBJ plays.

You do realise they will replace Wade?

blahblahyoutoo
03-19-2014, 11:46 AM

Parsons- 13
Jones- 9.1
Lin-9.1

There's plenty of shots to go around. Let's try to make some kind of sense can we?

and parsons, jones, lin are just going to disappear without being replaced?

Ill21
03-19-2014, 11:52 AM
lmfao, you stole it off PSD's redheaded stepchild's wiretap and decided to cut it short. For dramatic effect, I guess.

Title actually reads as:

Bulls, Rockets Emerge As Carmelo's Options If He Decides To Leave Knicks

Yeah it does not say anywhere that the bulls or rockets are the Knicks first option

Htownballa1622
03-19-2014, 12:10 PM
and parsons, jones, lin are just going to disappear without being replaced?

Well 2 out of 3 would end up being traded along with asik and I haven't even mentioned him yet.

Is it that hard to understand there are plenty of shots to go around?

FYL_McVeezy
03-19-2014, 12:19 PM
Title of this thread is inaccurate...

selassi3
03-19-2014, 12:19 PM
NOT a Knicks fan but of course Melo will "explore" his options, he would be a fool not to exercise that right to seek other teams after he comes a free agent. However, Melo will remain a Knick, period. Why? Well it's only New York City, MSG, Phil Jackson. He couldn't do it in Denver (WIN), REQUESTED the New York Knicks, he would make himself look like a player that just can't get it done and well I guess we will see what really Melo cares about, pride or championship. My opinion, thanks.

smiddy012
03-19-2014, 12:32 PM
This may sound stupid, but I don't want Melo unless the Bulls can keep Taj. Cuz the difference between Rose/Butler/Melo/Taj/Noah and Rose/Butler/Melo/Mirotic/Noah is probably the difference between beating, and losing to the heat, IMO. There just isn't enough defense in that second lineup. Plus Taj and Noah would abuse Miami on the post.

nickdymez
03-19-2014, 12:36 PM

This. The other guy is a delusional heat fan

slashsnake
03-19-2014, 12:48 PM
I don't see the shots being tough for them. Dwight takes about 11 a game, Melo about 20 (22 past two years), and Harden about 16.5 (in Houston only). That's just under 50 shots a game. The heat's big 3 were taking 56 shots a game for their respective teams before joining up. Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka total about 49 a game together right now. Paul, Crawford and Griffin about 46 a game. Boston's big 3 were taking 46 a game before joining up. 46 a game for Shaq, Kobe, and Fisher in their championship years.

If melo takes the 19 or so a game he spent most of his career doing (and probably would do with better offensive teammates), Harden stays at his 16 a game, and Dwight stays at his 11 a game, that's 46 a game. No different than those other teams.

Remember, this team isn't likely to surround those three with piles of secondary scorers. They will be finding their own versions of guys like Battier, Birdman, Sefalosha, etc. who can get by on 20+ minutes a game with just 4-5 shots.

Not saying it will work, but the "not enough shots to go around" has been shown to be not an issue with teams in the past.

Htownballa1622
03-19-2014, 12:57 PM
I don't see the shots being tough for them. Dwight takes about 11 a game, Melo about 20 (22 past two years), and Harden about 16.5 (in Houston only). That's just under 50 shots a game. The heat's big 3 were taking 56 shots a game for their respective teams before joining up. Westbrook, Durant and Ibaka total about 49 a game together right now. Paul, Crawford and Griffin about 46 a game. Boston's big 3 were taking 46 a game before joining up. 46 a game for Shaq, Kobe, and Fisher in their championship years.

If melo takes the 19 or so a game he spent most of his career doing (and probably would do with better offensive teammates), Harden stays at his 16 a game, and Dwight stays at his 11 a game, that's 46 a game. No different than those other teams.

Remember, this team isn't likely to surround those three with piles of secondary scorers. They will be finding their own versions of guys like Battier, Birdman, Sefalosha, etc. who can get by on 20+ minutes a game with just 4-5 shots.

Not saying it will work, but the "not enough shots to go around" has been shown to be not an issue with teams in the past.
:clap:

You make too much sense.

MonroeFAN
03-19-2014, 12:58 PM

Parsons- 13
Jones- 9.1
Lin-9.1

Wat?

You're changing the entire dynamic of the team now, who knows what type of pace they would play at, and how many shots per game would be available.

Besides, you're going to have to replace two starters and a heavy rotation player, my guess is they will want more than 1 FGA per game.

Chronz
03-19-2014, 12:58 PM
Shots are the worst way to measure this, its about touches. Harden only gets so many shots, but he gets to the line alot, turns the ball over alot, these are all possessions being used. Melo will most definitely get less touches, and so will those other guys.
Not sure where you guys get the idea that there are enough for everyone, all of them will have to sacrifice something , in hopes of gaining something else.