PDA

View Full Version : Drew Gooden signed for remainder of the season:Why wasn't he signed before the season

JasonJohnHorn
03-17-2014, 08:09 PM
I've always like Drew Gooden. Not an all-star player, but a guy who works the glass, doesn't demand the ball, but is competent on offense. His FG% took a bit of a dip with the Bucks, but on a team where he is he playing off the ball and picking up open shots or offensive put backs, he can make a decent contribution. But he's spent all season on the sidelines until Nene went down with an injury? Why weren't teams signing him? I know Philly was more interested in losing games than adding depth, but there were teams like LAL who could have used him. Even if the guy is sitting at the end of the bench, he's a veteran guy who can rebound. Why wouldn't a team have offered him the vet min before the season started to bloster the end of their bench at the very least?

Is there something about this guy that I'm missing? He played for like 9 different teams in his first 8 season and now he's on his 10th team. Is this guy a problem in the locker room?

Not saying he's going to be a huge contributor on a contender, but he's easily a rotation player on a lottery team or 7th or 8th seed and certainly a good guy to have at the end of the bench.

abe_froman
03-17-2014, 08:17 PM
because up until his recent wiz stint he's largely been crap

naw,he is a good locker room guy.but besides being a horrible defender,he just isnt as good as his stats indicate(and even they arent all that good)

slaker619
03-17-2014, 08:31 PM
He forever a boss, especially with that run with Cavs

WITZ
03-17-2014, 08:42 PM
Will always remember Gooden for rocking the duck tail :laugh2:

GiantsSwaGG
03-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Because he sucked

Chronz
03-17-2014, 08:55 PM
I've always liked Gooden, he was Tmac's best sidekick for awhile, sad but true. But he has a reputation for being abit of a dumb ***, unable to pick up on the subtle nuances of a coach's system. Despite his nice rebounding tallies, is pretty weak defensively, and whenever thats the case, your stats overrate your impact.

Depending on the teams motives, they could have used a guy like Gooden. Hell, he would have been an upgrade on what the Clippers have been able to field this season.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-17-2014, 08:55 PM
Zoidberg is trash.