PDA

View Full Version : Kyrie Irving out for the season?

Stunner
03-17-2014, 10:59 AM
http://m.bleacherreport.com/articles/1995274-kyrie-irving-injury-updates-on-cavaliers-stars-arm-and-return

Jimmer invented Tapatalk.

Slug3
03-17-2014, 11:30 AM
If true this guys just can't stay healthy. This even goes back to college. Hopefully he can start getting healthy seasons under him because he's fun to watch.

Melo15
03-17-2014, 11:47 AM
This has been the season from hell :sigh:

RipCity32
03-17-2014, 11:51 AM
****ing son of a *****. We need Cleveland to finish in front of us or else were going to lose our pick. This is probably just they're typical sit Kyrie at the end of the year tanking bull ****.

Melo15
03-17-2014, 12:00 PM
****ing son of a *****. We need Cleveland to finish in front of us or else were going to lose our pick. This is probably just they're typical sit Kyrie at the end of the year tanking bull ****.

I guarantee you it's not. They aren't tanking at all this year; though they've certainly played like it at times.

Here's a GIF of the play Kyrie got hurt on: http://cjzero.com/gifs/KyrieIrvingBicepInjuryBlakeGriffin.gif

Deception
03-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Imagine Cleveland starts to win without him. If so, do they consider trading him?

Melo15
03-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Imagine Cleveland starts to win without him. If so, do they consider trading him?

Interesting scenario but I doubt it. They probably wouldn't take that much stock out of a small sample size like that.

waveycrockett
03-17-2014, 12:59 PM
This is def a tank move lol. They do this every year. It's become a joke at this point. Kyrie needs to get a fresh start somewhere else because he is wasting away in that organization.

Deception
03-17-2014, 12:59 PM
I mean, the guy who potentially wants out if Cleveland and can't stay healthy. They could sell high and receive so much for him. I'm just saying it could be a thought

Melo15
03-17-2014, 01:10 PM
This is def a tank move lol. They do this every year. It's become a joke at this point. Kyrie needs to get a fresh start somewhere else because he is wasting away in that organization.

You're kidding, right? Did they tell him to injure himself on purpose in the middle of a game? This isn't even official it's just speculation from a couple of unnamed sources. He has yet to have the MRI so there's no way of even knowing how severe the injury is yet. Kyrie's already played though injuries this year and even though they're pretty much out of the playoff race they've still been playing to win every game to try and change the culture around the team. In no way have they tanked this year.

I mean, the guy who potentially wants out if Cleveland and can't stay healthy. They could sell high and receive so much for him. I'm just saying it could be a thought

No I agree it's an interesting thought and I bet they'd be open to hearing offers for him. I just doubt they'd pull the trigger on any move yet.

smith&wesson
03-17-2014, 01:43 PM
They will rest kyrie and tank the rest of the season. pretty evident.

why risk a serious injury to your star player when you arent even making the post season. might as well tank at this point and try to gain another asset in the draft.

waveycrockett
03-17-2014, 02:09 PM
You're kidding, right? Did they tell him to injure himself on purpose in the middle of a game? This isn't even official it's just speculation from a couple of unnamed sources. He has yet to have the MRI so there's no way of even knowing how severe the injury is yet. Kyrie's already played though injuries this year and even though they're pretty much out of the playoff race they've still been playing to win every game to try and change the culture around the team. In no way have they tanked this year.

Sincre Grant was canned I believe the organization has been resigned to tanking. There rumors swirling about trading Jack and Deng for essentially cap relief and scraps but they couldn't find takers. I'm not even saying it's a bad move for the Cavs because they SHOULD tak

kingsdelez24
03-17-2014, 02:09 PM
This ruins my fantasy team. Thats my third all star to go down for the season

smith&wesson
03-17-2014, 02:28 PM
This ruins my fantasy team. Thats my third all star to go down for the season

kinda makes mine. I just picked up jarret jack :D

COOLbeans
03-17-2014, 02:41 PM
I traded Kyrie for Blake Griffin about a month ago

Avenged
03-17-2014, 03:28 PM

I guarantee you it's not. They aren't tanking at all this year; though they've certainly played like it at times.

Here's a GIF of the play Kyrie got hurt on: http://cjzero.com/gifs/KyrieIrvingBicepInjuryBlakeGriffin.gif

Not to mention they're trying to gangbang Ava Devine.

Melo15
03-17-2014, 03:50 PM
Sincre Grant was canned I believe the organization has been resigned to tanking. There rumors swirling about trading Jack and Deng for essentially cap relief and scraps but they couldn't find takers. I'm not even saying it's a bad move for the Cavs because they SHOULD tak

The reason they looked to move Deng and Jack were for reasons other than tanking. Deng likely isn't back next year so they checked to see if they could move him for anything. With how poorly he was playing at that point it really wouldn't have hurt all that much. As for Jack, they simply wanted out of his contract. He's been very underwhelming thus far and has hurt far more than he's helped on the court. I think it's also worth noting that they actually picked up Spencer Hawes at the deadline as well to try and help make one last playoff push showing that they weren't trying to tank.

I agree that at this point they should tank. As a Cavs fan I think they need to focus on improving their draft odds and hope for some more luck in that regard. However that's not what they're going to do. With Griffin and Brown both fighting for their jobs and Gilbert sick of losing they'll still put their best lineup out there and try to win every game. Gilbert wants to change the culture and make sure that our young core knows losing won't be tolerated. Without Kyrie they're unlikely to win many more games this season (especially with a brutal upcoming stretch) but it certainly won't be from tanking.

Melo15
03-17-2014, 03:51 PM
Not to mention they're trying to gangbang Ava Devine.

Tyler Zeller has 1st dibs.

TorontoHuskies
03-17-2014, 04:01 PM

I could see this happening actually...Irving is one of the most overrated players in the league IMO.

Hawkeye15
03-17-2014, 05:42 PM

then why did they trade for Deng, if they wanted to tank? This team is trying like hell to make the playoffs.

Irving's injury looked legit.

Melo15
03-17-2014, 06:48 PM
#Cavs say Irving injury out 2 weeks with strained tendon.

-Tom Withers

smith&wesson
03-17-2014, 07:25 PM
I traded Kyrie for Blake Griffin about a month ago

great trade. Blake is always a monster in fantasy and is hardley eve injured. Irving has been very up and down this year. was a beast last year though.

smith&wesson
03-17-2014, 07:27 PM
I could see this happening actually...Irving is one of the most overrated players in the league IMO.

dont get it twisted. Kyrie is very, very talented. He dominated a game full of super stars...

Get him in the right system he will suprize you. Cant judge a player who plays for mike friggen brown. hell deng always looked great in chicago and he goes to the cavs and he looks garbage now. its all about the system my man. mike brown doesnt have one, or its real crap, or the young guys just aint buying in to it.

But if you watched the lakers last year, they were pretty garbage even though they had a boat load of talent. Mike Brown doesnt know how to mesh talent. Lebron made him look good but he is an awful coach.

COOLbeans
03-17-2014, 07:48 PM
great trade. Blake is always a monster in fantasy and is hardley eve injured. Irving has been very up and down this year. was a beast last year though.

Yeah it was looking dicey recently because Kyrie's been playing well over the past month.

I used leverage by sending Tim Duncan along with him and got Jose Calderon apart of the deal. I'm playing that team this week during the playoffs. looking like a steal now but I still wish Kyrie the best! heard hes out at least 2 weeks..