PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Bynum's 2nd Pacers game: 18 shot attempts in just 20 minutes

P&GRealist
03-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Bynum always wanted to be the focal point of the offense in LA. But it seems the more shot attempts he has, the more inefficient he becomes as teams start fronting him.

Is this going to be a problem for the Pacers come playoff time if Bynum decides to do what he was doing during Cavs practices, which was "shooting every time he touched the ball" ???

Btw, he went 6/18 from the field. That's 33% shooting for a 7 footer.

DillyDill
03-16-2014, 04:58 PM
Naw he's outplaying Hibbs to me. More points and broads so far

kobe4thewinbang
03-16-2014, 05:02 PM
Uh... :eyebrow:

Don't they have other players that should be shooting more? I'm not watching the game so I don't know the situation. Is he taking good shots? I would imagine if he was acting a fool Vogel would pull him out and if worse cut him altogether. Maybe Indiana is resting some players? Were the other players struggling to make shots?

Aunt Jemima
03-16-2014, 05:41 PM
The Pacers big men outside of Hibbert and West aren't getting it done. Scola and Mahimi are struggling. Bynum should be taking around 13-14 shots a game. Not a big deal.

RipCity32
03-16-2014, 05:48 PM
Pacers were down pretty bad in that first half and were trying everything to just get going. He was just rebounding and tossing it up out of desperation. They got it together and kicked the crap out of us in the second half but we were wrecking them in the first half with Villanueva, Jerebko, Bynum and Stuckey lol.

NBA_Starter
03-16-2014, 05:50 PM
If he keeps this up he may start over Hibbert.

slaker619
03-16-2014, 05:52 PM
When him and Hibbert starts its over :(

MTar786
03-16-2014, 06:27 PM
lol bynum still played better than hibbert and that would be considered a ****** bynum kind of game. dude is gonna be balling come play off time

jerellh528
03-16-2014, 06:36 PM
Lol I love Bynum. I seriously think he has bpd

PraiseJesus
03-16-2014, 06:39 PM
Bynum is the best center in the league when he is healthy

KniCks4LiFe
03-16-2014, 06:52 PM
*coughs* Brooke Lopez

PacersForLife
03-16-2014, 07:00 PM
Very few of them were questionable. Most of them were good shots, and some tip-ins that didn't go in. Don't let the 18 attempts fool you. Bynum has looked great in his two games. Hasn't been a problem and seems to like his teammates.

Mr.ATLHawks
03-16-2014, 07:32 PM
*coughs x 2 * Demarcus Cousins

Rndy
03-16-2014, 07:35 PM
Miami should be very worried in the playoffs they are one of the few teams that make Roy look like he's a good scorer I can't imagine what they would make an actual post player look like in a 7 game series. They have a lot of inside scoring I just don't see how Miami will handle it.

Hawkeye15
03-16-2014, 07:35 PM
Bynum was at his best when he was an offensive glass crashing machine who defended the paint. Even when the Lakers started to use him more, his efficiency dropped, and while they gave him nearly twice the post opportunities that Gasol got, Gasol was vastly more efficient. Didn't make sense to me.

At this point, he is just a fat *** who plays to make a paycheck. I really don't think he has a love for the game at all. He will milk $120 million out of the league just for being 7' with a pulse though.

lionel
03-16-2014, 07:47 PM
Demarcus cousins is the best center

Jamiecballer
03-16-2014, 11:16 PM
i can't wait to see an Andrew Bynum and Evan Turner led Pacer offense in the post-season. hello Raptors or Bulls in the ECF.

Cal827
03-16-2014, 11:39 PM
i can't wait to see an Andrew Bynum and Evan Turner led Pacer offense in the post-season. hello Raptors or Bulls in the ECF.

:laugh: With our Luck we would get the Pacers in the 2nd round, then Bynum would get his **** together and average 30-20 against us :pity:

conway429
03-17-2014, 12:19 AM
he also has 23 points and 19 rebounds in 35 minutes... he's doing fine

Sandman
03-17-2014, 12:23 AM
they let bynum take shots

bynum was right to take them, dont ***** about volume

but they were right to make him prove it, ***** about how bad or rusty he was.

Gibby
03-17-2014, 01:08 AM
it seems like he showed flashes of this in Cleveland. If he can stay relatively healthy the Heat will be in trouble. Can he stay healthy for a 7 game series?

kobe4thewinbang
03-17-2014, 01:12 AM
Very few of them were questionable. Most of them were good shots, and some tip-ins that didn't go in. Don't let the 18 attempts fool you. Bynum has looked great in his two games. Hasn't been a problem and seems to like his teammates.That's good. Hopefully he helps them in the playoffs.

Rndy
03-17-2014, 03:49 AM
Bynum was at his best when he was an offensive glass crashing machine who defended the paint. Even when the Lakers started to use him more, his efficiency dropped, and while they gave him nearly twice the post opportunities that Gasol got, Gasol was vastly more efficient. Didn't make sense to me.

At this point, he is just a fat *** who plays to make a paycheck. I really don't think he has a love for the game at all. He will milk $120 million out of the league just for being 7' with a pulse though.

I agree with what you say but Bynum has shown he doesn't give a **** about regular season if you keep him healthy for the playoffs he's going to hurt some teams. I just think it was such a great addition to Indy I can only imagine how valuable it is for Hibberts development to have a guy like Bynum in practice. You watch the best post player in the NBA work on a daily basis and probably majority against Roy it could only help.

Granted Bynum has played like **** all season he still has had a few games where you see the old Bynum watching him completely dismantle the Bulls earlier in the year was something to watch. Maybe I'm giving the guy too much credit but I believe he's going to make a big impact in the playoffs.

PurpleLynch
03-17-2014, 08:05 AM
He's very skilled on offense,if he keeps this level he could harm a lot of teams in the playoffs.Also Hibbert+Bynum+West+Scola is an extremely good rotation for the playoffs.
The problem is his attitude,but I think that Pacers can handle it.

blystr2002
03-17-2014, 08:46 AM
The whole argument that Bynum was the better then Howard a few years ago was based off of the fact that he has an offensive game and good footwork. While he definitely lost some of his explosion I doubt he lost that.
I also read he started shooting because Drummond went out injured, so that is where the Pacers attacked, so not really Bynum being greedy.

As for best Center in the league, I believe Noah might be making that push.

jp611
03-17-2014, 08:57 AM
If he keeps this up he may start over Hibbert.

:laugh2:

No, just no.

You don't understand basketball at all if you believe that Andrew Bynum may start over All Star, Roy Hibbert.

Hawkeye15
03-17-2014, 02:33 PM
I agree with what you say but Bynum has shown he doesn't give a **** about regular season if you keep him healthy for the playoffs he's going to hurt some teams. I just think it was such a great addition to Indy I can only imagine how valuable it is for Hibberts development to have a guy like Bynum in practice. You watch the best post player in the NBA work on a daily basis and probably majority against Roy it could only help.

Granted Bynum has played like **** all season he still has had a few games where you see the old Bynum watching him completely dismantle the Bulls earlier in the year was something to watch. Maybe I'm giving the guy too much credit but I believe he's going to make a big impact in the playoffs.

Hibbert isn't an offensive player really, but sure, he can help Bynum defensively, catch up to the scheme.

Bynum can help come playoff time, if only because the only 2 teams that matter out east are Indy and Miami, and the Heat have shown they struggled against the Pacers getting to the rim with such huge defenders sitting there.

I still don't like Bynum. Just reminds me of a dude who doesn't even care about the sport, just plays it and makes millions because he is 7 feet tall with a pulse. That annoys me as a fan.

Pacerlive
03-17-2014, 03:12 PM
Hibbert isn't an offensive player really, but sure, he can help Bynum defensively, catch up to the scheme.

Bynum can help come playoff time, if only because the only 2 teams that matter out east are Indy and Miami, and the Heat have shown they struggled against the Pacers getting to the rim with such huge defenders sitting there.

I still don't like Bynum. Just reminds me of a dude who doesn't even care about the sport, just plays it and makes millions because he is 7 feet tall with a pulse. That annoys me as a fan.
You can say that about a lot of people with jobs that make a lot of money with no real passion for their line of work.

Fan meet world.

Bruno
03-17-2014, 03:23 PM

it annoys me as a fan too but I have to bite my tongue; he sacrificed his knees and future well being for LAL in the 2010 post-season. he was getting injections and had his knee drained- he really shouldn't have been playing. i feel like he sacrificed his body in a big way during an important championship run and I respect him for that.

what you say is right though.

nickdymez
03-17-2014, 03:26 PM
it annoys me as a fan too but I have to bite my tongue; he sacrificed his knees and future well being for LAL in the 2010 post-season. he was getting injections and had his knee drained- he really shouldn't have been playing. i feel like he sacrificed his body in a big way during an important championship run and I respect him for that.

what you say is right though.

This is the reason why I always have Bynums back. He showed a lot of heart during those championship runs..

lakers squad
03-17-2014, 05:39 PM
:laugh2:

No, just no.

You don't understand basketball at all if you believe that Andrew Bynum may start over All Star, Roy Hibbert. when he was healthy with us, he was a man playing with boys, if he could stay healthy he would be a allstar every year! when healthy he is a beast still, even though he does not have the explosion he had before the injures, I loved having a healthy Bynum,and ill tell you one thing, if he did not have bad knees,we never would have done a deal for Howard. not even straight up! im telling you when healthy the only center I have ever seen, that is even in his league was shaq. if you look im a very loyal person...his knees just can't hold up to starter mins, with the pacers and only having to play 15-20 mins a night or perfect for him. if his knees hold up he will be the difference between the heat and the pacers... and yes he can be a little lazy lol, but alottttt of god given talent!!!!

Hawkeye15
03-17-2014, 06:21 PM
You can say that about a lot of people with jobs that make a lot of money with no real passion for their line of work.

Fan meet world.

Well, nobody dreams of being an executive at IBM when they are a kid....

I just hate the fact that there are guys getting paid huge money doing something they can barely tolerate, when there are millions of us that would kill to be in that situation because we love the job so much.

DillyDill
03-17-2014, 06:29 PM
Well, nobody dreams of being an executive at IBM when they are a kid....

I just hate the fact that there are guys getting paid huge money doing something they can barely tolerate, when there are millions of us that would kill to be in that situation because we love the job so much.

Very very true but unfortunately that God given talent is only for a selected few, whether they love it or not.

Hawkeye15
03-17-2014, 06:36 PM
Very very true but unfortunately that God given talent is only for a selected few, whether they love it or not.

yep. Just sucks that god decided I was going to be 5'11'' and white haha

DillyDill
03-17-2014, 06:41 PM
yep. Just sucks that god decided I was going to be 5'11'' and white haha

😂😭😂😭

verceroth
03-17-2014, 07:12 PM
If Bynum can keep his head straight and stay healthy he could easily be a better center than Hibbert. He has better footwork, offensive game and his defense was decent when he played for the championships in LA.
That's with the understanding his knees are pretty bad and track record.

Rndy
03-18-2014, 07:52 AM

Sure he's not an offensive player but I'd imagine he's learned some stuff watching Bynum on an every day basis and picking his brain offensively.