PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash signed with Lakers to screw them?

jimm120
03-15-2014, 10:29 PM
There were reports before he was traded and signed with the Lakers that they were like his nemisis because they knocked his Phoenix teams out. Some joked (not just internet lurkers, but some news reports too) that he'd sign with them and then suck.

Well, fast forward 2 years later and he's been horrible for them.

-He's either played miserably. Not assisting, not hitting shots.
-He's been injured. And injuries which nag but also aren't expected to knock him out for 2 years practically.
-He's said, "I want my money" quite bluntly. Saying screw you to the Lakers.
-Dishing out info about how Dwight hated the Lakers/Kobe...well, confirming it.

Its like he wants to see the laker's downfall.

I can't believe this has happened this way. I think its a very LOL moment if he really did do this on purpose.

NBA_Starter
03-15-2014, 10:31 PM
I think he is way too professional fof that, his body just simply can't hold up.

Deadpool
03-15-2014, 10:57 PM
No way he would sign and spend his last few years in the league willingly wasting his time screwing over another team. Last year on paper before the season started they were serious contenders. So no way I buy this crap.

PraiseJesus
03-15-2014, 11:02 PM
So Nash got a career ending injury on purpose?

moshy2
03-15-2014, 11:06 PM
There's no chance that the ringless Steve Nash decided to spend his last years tearing down his nemesis rather than going to a contender and just beating them. He thought he could win one and it didn't work out

Hawkeye15
03-15-2014, 11:08 PM
he probably signed with them because they were stupid enough to give a 38 year old 3 years, $25 million....

PraiseJesus
03-15-2014, 11:12 PM
Jim Buss rode the short bus to school

Lakers + Giants
03-15-2014, 11:18 PM
he probably signed with them because they were stupid enough to give a 38 year old 3 years, $25 million....

This.

Everybody except our FO knew this wasn't a good idea.

Tony_Starks
03-15-2014, 11:29 PM
Let the record show this thread was NOT created by a Laker fan...

Legendary33
03-15-2014, 11:32 PM
people who start these type of threads are the people I can only assume never played competitive basketball or any competitive sport for that matter, or their just trying to create a story out of something just because they can. If you love a sport enough to make it all the way to the NBA then theres no way you could ever throw a game on purpose and let alone two whole seasons. What? You think Nash goes home at the end of the day laughing about having a negative impact on the lakers? No its probably killing him that he cant perform right now and is hurt.

Im sorry but all this talk about tanking and players/owners/GM's having hidden agendas is completely idiotic and disrespectful to the sport. But hey if it gives you all something to talk about online then carry on.

alexander_37
03-16-2014, 12:04 AM
Close this garbage, Nash is on of the classiest guys in the league.

Avenged
03-16-2014, 12:08 AM
Doubt a player that old would throw his career away like that. Heck, doubt anyone would. If his body could hold up he'd be serviceable.

Duncan = Donkey
03-16-2014, 12:30 AM
LOL, as funny as that would be. Nash aint like that. He wants to win and play well.

sunsfan88
03-16-2014, 12:31 AM
Its cause teams don't realize that when the Suns say its time to move on from a player, that means the player is DONE.

Lakers and Knicks can both suffer for signing Nash and Amare despite being warned by the Suns.

Sadds The Gr8
03-16-2014, 01:02 AM
yea, he signed with a championship caliber team (on paper), to screw them out of a title...

Rndy
03-16-2014, 01:57 AM
No competitor with that type of resume would ever do anything like that. He signed with the Lakers because they offered him a **** ton of cash simple as that.

John Walls Era
03-16-2014, 02:35 AM
Lets assume for even a second that Nash was out to screw the Lakers....

Lakers were the retards that offered that much anyways. Its not called screwing when the Lakers lifted their skirts and asked for the D.

edit: Actually i guess that is called screwing... but you know what i meant.

bleedprple&gold
03-16-2014, 02:51 AM
Yea no I doubt Nash spends his remaining years trying to get revenge instead of going for a title. And what does he even need to get revenge for? Remember it was the Suns who eliminated the lakers in 06 and 07. Lakers never even knocked the Suns out. Stupid theory.

P&GRealist
03-16-2014, 03:39 AM
Just rotten luck for both sides. Nothing more.

abe_froman
03-16-2014, 03:47 AM
how were the lakers his nemesis? outside of 2010,the suns owned the lakers in the playoffs...i think you're thinking of the spurs.

if you cant believe that it happened that way than why make a thread sating it did?(and you're the only one who is,not even laker fans agree with you)

its never part of someone's master plan to get injured...seriously

mdm692
03-16-2014, 04:15 AM
Its cause teams don't realize that when the Suns say its time to move on from a player, that means the player is DONE.

Lakers and Knicks can both suffer for signing Nash and Amare despite being warned by the Suns.
Pretty much this. Wtf did NY and LA think was going to happen? If we don't pay 2 of the greatest players in Suns history the money they THINK they deserve it's for a reason.

R. Johnson#3
03-16-2014, 05:55 AM
There were reports before he was traded and signed with the Lakers that they were like his nemisis because they knocked his Phoenix teams out. Some joked (not just internet lurkers, but some news reports too) that he'd sign with them and then suck.

-He's been injured. And injuries which nag but also aren't expected to knock him out for 2 years practically.

I can't believe this has happened this way. I think its a very LOL moment if he really did do this on purpose.

I think it's hilarious that you think this.

1. He's 40 and been playing professionally for 18 years. You slow down and lose your skills with age. On top of that, injuries make it even harder.

2. The money. He realizes he'll never make 9.7 million dollars in a single year ever again. Is he being a dick for not retiring and accepting the money? Kind of. But it's not his fault the Lakers gave him that contract.

DitchDat
03-16-2014, 06:34 AM
Steve Nash is a pro. If his body was right, he would play and perform. He is, sadly enough, just too old and broken. And why shouldn't he get his money? Ama're is also still out there collecting check and so are many other players.

Bishnoff
03-16-2014, 07:06 AM
Yea no I doubt Nash spends his remaining years trying to get revenge instead of going for a title. And what does he even need to get revenge for? Remember it was the Suns who eliminated the lakers in 06 and 07. Lakers never even knocked the Suns out. Stupid theory.

Um, 2009-10 WCF?

I'm not saying that I agree with the theory. Just correcting you :p

JasonJohnHorn
03-16-2014, 09:32 AM

This.

I understand that the Lakers were likely only expecting to get one year as a starter out of Nash and that they like thought he'd be a serviceable back-up for the other two years and only offered him that much as a means to outbid anybody else, BUT it was a bad deal.

The Lakers should have also NOT traded for Dwight. Dwight made it clear that he didn't want to play for the Lakers. Then they trade for him. I think he would have stayed had they won, but when the initial rumour came around during the 11/12 season, there were rumours then that Dwight had no interest in playing with Kobe.

Nash has been honest in recent interviews. Guys sometimes stay in the league because teams are willing to pay them. That is just a simple fact. If I was ready to retire and somebody offered my 8 million for one more year, I'd stay. And if people asked me why a season that was supposed to be amazing turned into a debacle, I'd like be frank about it as well. Dwight and Kobe didn't have chemistry and Dwight didn't want to play with him. That was already reported on by any number of people.

His shooting was above his career average last year, which was pretty good since he came back from time off a couple of times, and guys usually need time to get their percentages up afer a delay. His assists were down, but that was in large part due to the fact that Kobe brought the ball up a lot, or that the ball was simply given to Kobe or Pau who then made plays. In Phoenix Nash made all the plays and always brought the ball up. In LAL, in many instances, even if Nas brought the ball up, it went to Pau or Kobe who then made a play.

Teeboy1487
03-16-2014, 10:17 AM
Nash worked his butt off and wanted to win. However, the injuries were too much for him at this age. The Lakers screwed themselves by gambling on an old Nash.

bleedprple&gold
03-16-2014, 11:07 AM

Um, 2009-10 WCF?

I'm not saying that I agree with the theory. Just correcting you :p

My bad ok one time. Point is Suns still knocked out the Lakers more times.

mdm692
03-16-2014, 02:29 PM
My bad ok one time. Point is Suns still knocked out the Lakers more times.

From 04(when Nash signed with Phx) up until 2012 LA and PHX had 3 series. Phx took 2 but LA took the one that mattered and sent them to the finals. Hate between players(KOBE: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxW0VQQudfw) and teams is there. Hate between the fan bases/cities. All time it's 132-96 in regular season and 38-24 in the playoffs all time, in favor of LA of course. Obviously historically the Lakers have been the better franchise and the record reflects it but Phx vs LA games are always playoff like.

lol, please
03-16-2014, 03:11 PM

Only in my wildest dreams could he be that unprofessional. Anything that keeps the Lakers down is ok in my book, classless, unfair, I don't care.

mdm692
03-16-2014, 03:40 PM
Only in my wildest dreams could he be that unprofessional. Anything that keeps the Lakers down is ok in my book, classless, unfair, I don't care.

:laugh:!!! :cheers:

P&GRealist
03-16-2014, 04:06 PM
Close this garbage, Nash is on of the classiest guys in the league.

What exactly makes him classy?