PDA

View Full Version : Who are your top 5 Centers right now?

LTBaByyy
03-14-2014, 09:50 PM
So many good options:

Noah
Howard
Hibbert
Jefferson
Cousins
Mark Gasol
Bosh
Drummond
Jordan
Bogut

Chrisclover
03-14-2014, 09:54 PM
Howard, Hibbert, Noah, Jefferson, Gasol

rocket
03-14-2014, 09:56 PM
Noah at number one? No.

Chrisclover
03-14-2014, 09:57 PM
Cousins does not get my ballot because he is too young too simple.He always embarrasses himself by antics like not paying respect to the opposing team, and hassling with the officials, which resulted in considerable T s and is actually freakingly dumb.

Chrisclover
03-14-2014, 10:05 PM
Noah at number one? No.
OP should have stated that his candidates are of no particular orders.
As for Noah, I think he is a rare talent, who is not only a defensive anchor but also can facilitate his teammates.But his edge of being versatile may not be enough to counteract his lack of post threat. I simply think his body is not agile and strong enough to shoulder the load offensively night in and night out. Howard is different. When he is healthy, his seemingly inexhaustible energy will tell you what a Super big man is like.
But overall speaking, Noah is a very decent player,who is coveted by most teams.

WARRIORS@GR
03-14-2014, 10:12 PM
Sam Dalembert.

RipCity32
03-14-2014, 10:20 PM
In order from the OPs selections

Howard
Noah
Jefferson
Cousins
Hibbert
Drummond
Bosh
Gasol
Jordon
Bogut

If Drummond played for a better team then I think he could be in the top 5 no problem. But our roster is a out of position dysfunctional mess on both sides of the ball.

LTBaByyy
03-14-2014, 10:21 PM
Mine is actually:

Jefferson
Howard
Noah
Hibbert
Drummond

Don't hate lol

Tony_Starks
03-14-2014, 10:31 PM
Noah
Cousins
Hibbert
Gasol
Dwight

TheMightyHumph
03-14-2014, 10:47 PM
So many good options:

Noah
Howard
Hibbert
Jefferson
Cousins
Mark Gasol
Bosh
Drummond
Jordan
Bogut

Noah, Drummond, Al Jefferson, Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler or Robin Lopez.

ghettosean
03-14-2014, 11:00 PM
Noah
Cousins
Hibbert
Gasol
Dwight

This!

Surprised so many people slept on Cousins

KnicksorBust
03-14-2014, 11:03 PM
Noah
Cousins
Hibbert
Gasol
Dwight

Not in order but these are my 5 as well. Tough leacing out Al Jeff who is having a monster offensive season.

SeoulBeatz
03-14-2014, 11:12 PM
So many good options:

Noah
Howard
Hibbert
Jefferson
Cousins
Mark Gasol
Bosh
Drummond
Jordan
Bogut

Howard
Drummond
Noah
Bosh (wouldn't really consider him a C though)
Cousins

Deadpool
03-14-2014, 11:35 PM
D12, Noah, Marc Gasol, Hibbert, Boogie...Drummond is knocking on the door though

ohreally
03-14-2014, 11:56 PM
D12, Noah, Marc Gasol, Hibbert, Boogie...Drummond is knocking on the door though

My top 5 too, though I think if I was choosing for my team I'd have a hard time with D12 and Noah. If I had no concern for health I'd probably take Bogut over Hibbert and Gasol.

goingfor28
03-14-2014, 11:59 PM
big Al

beast

THE MTL
03-15-2014, 12:04 AM
Too many people sleeping on Cousins cause of an attitude problem. His skills are undeniable! 22ppg 12rpg 3apg 1.5bpg is something that only one other center is even capable who is Dwight Howard

ohreally
03-15-2014, 12:05 AM
big Al

beast

Truth. Heat might have themselves a very tough first round.

THE MTL
03-15-2014, 12:06 AM
Dwight. Cousins. Noah. Hibbert. Jefferson.

TheMightyHumph
03-15-2014, 12:16 AM
Hibbert just hasn't shown himself to be top 5

Jarvo
03-15-2014, 12:47 AM
Noah
Cousins (always slept on smh)
Drummond (along with Dragic he was an huge all star snub, Team sucks though)
Howard
Gasol

black1605
03-15-2014, 01:05 AM
Homer or not, Jefferson is a top 5 center this season. Simple as that.

Kyben36
03-15-2014, 01:16 AM
1) Howard
2a) Noah
2b) Gasol (both have great games, cant pick one against another )
4) Cousins (severly under rated, better system makes him #1 IMO)
5) Hibbert ( Overated start to season, but still good overall)
6) Jefferson ( very good player, sqeezed out of my top 5
7) Brook Lopez (POtent offensive game, would be higher if he could rebound/defend better)
8) Bogut (really love him, too injury prone to be much higher)
9)Tim Duncan ( is he really a C, for you to judge, but for him to be doing what he does at his age, he deserves this list)
10) Drummond (over rated by most, 100% of offense comes from rebounds, 0 plays run for him, good potential, but highly over rated)
11) Horford (dont call him a C Myself, that said, has made a name for himself
12 ) Bosh (similar to Horford, but cant denny his play)
13 ) Nikola Vuvic (under rated player on a bad team)
14) Pekovic Probably lower on my list than he should be, but hard to find room for a player on a bad team)
15) Robin Lopez ( has really played fantastic, overall, great fit right now)
16) Omer Asik ( Feel bad he is riding the bench, has a solid offensive game with a good defensie game
17) Chandler (Over rated even in his younger days, has fallen off now at his age)
18) Jordon (Product of a system, really no offensive game other than rolling to the basket, )
19) Bynum ( really an honerable mention, good player, but a head case, could be alot higher)
20) Anderson Varjao (would be higher, but his team record pulls him way down, Noah MINI IMOOnly Reason

abe_froman
03-15-2014, 01:16 AM
howard
noah
jefferson
gasol
cousins

Jarvo
03-15-2014, 02:01 AM
Homer or not, Jefferson is a top 5 center this season. Simple as that.

Sad how I forgot about him because I don't see Bobcats play alot.

MonroeFAN
03-15-2014, 10:34 AM
1) Howard
2a) Noah
7) Brook Lopez (POtent offensive game, would be higher if he could rebound/defend better)
9)Tim Duncan ( is he really a C, for you to judge, but for him to be doing what he does at his age, he deserves this list)
10) Drummond (over rated by most, 100% of offense comes from rebounds, 0 plays run for him, good potential, but highly over rated)
14) Pekovic Probably lower on my list than he should be, but hard to find room for a player on a bad team)
16) Omer Asik ( Feel bad he is riding the bench, has a solid offensive game with a good defensie game
17) Chandler (Over rated even in his younger days, has fallen off now at his age)
18) Jordon (Product of a system, really no offensive game other than rolling to the basket, )
19) Bynum ( really an honerable mention, good player, but a head case, could be alot higher)
20) Anderson Varjao (would be higher, but his team record pulls him way down, Noah MINI IMOOnly Reason

sounds like you are easily amused by points and swag.

HouRealCoach
03-15-2014, 10:43 AM
Hibbert is no top 5 Center...

Dwight
DMC
Gasol
Noah
Drummond

MILLERHIGHLIFE
03-15-2014, 10:46 AM
Last season's Larry Sanders.

3RDASYSTEM
03-15-2014, 11:03 AM
OP should have stated that his candidates are of no particular orders.
As for Noah, I think he is a rare talent, who is not only a defensive anchor but also can facilitate his teammates.But his edge of being versatile may not be enough to counteract his lack of post threat. I simply think his body is not agile and strong enough to shoulder the load offensively night in and night out. Howard is different. When he is healthy, his seemingly inexhaustible energy will tell you what a Super big man is like.
But overall speaking, Noah is a very decent player,who is coveted by most teams.

he can pass and over pass and get assists because lack of post game/mid range and he is now somehow a rare talent but a very decent player? a rare talent is far from decent in my book, he is phenomenal

this is why I get a kick out of psd and will continue so in the near future(most likely this upcoming week)

NOAH is nice, but it goes back to his GATOR days of all out hustle and energy/rebounder and team player(passer), nothing has changed as he is still that same player, with a tad bit of improved offensive ability which is still avg to say the least but he has worked hard like his style shows on the floor

3RDASYSTEM
03-15-2014, 11:05 AM

Dwight
DMC
Gasol
Noah
Drummond

and just to think someone on here said they would take hibbert over HOWARD and someone copied and paste the comment and agreed

im thinking nobody in they right bball mind would ever take hibb over HOWARD, never ever in any era

you never take a poor mans DEKE version over poor man SHAQ version, never ever especially in this weak C era

3RDASYSTEM
03-15-2014, 11:09 AM
1) Howard
2a) Noah

you know its a sad case era of C's when you are referring NOAH/GASOL as great centers or as you put it, great game, from a individual standpoint I would have to strongly disagree, they are decent to good but nowhere near cream of the crop alltime but for this era I guess but not to me

when you mention great game I think of DROB and DREAM and those type of players who played C spot

3RDASYSTEM
03-15-2014, 11:13 AM
Howard
davis/p gasol
cousins
noah
jefferson

Chrisclover
03-15-2014, 11:16 AM
he can pass and over pass and get assists because lack of post game/mid range and he is now somehow a rare talent but a very decent player? a rare talent is far from decent in my book, he is phenomenal

this is why I get a kick out of psd and will continue so in the near future(most likely this upcoming week)

NOAH is nice, but it goes back to his GATOR days of all out hustle and energy/rebounder and team player(passer), nothing has changed as he is still that same player, with a tad bit of improved offensive ability which is still avg to say the least but he has worked hard like his style shows on the floor
Sorry, my description might not be accurate. All I wanted to say is that Noah is very good but compared to Howard, his weakness maybe the energy.
I was not saying he is just a decent starter, instead I was doing a comparison. IMO, he is #3.

Goose17
03-15-2014, 11:48 AM
Top 5 this season, in no specific order;

- Dwight Howard.
- Joakim Noah.
- Marc Gasol.
- Andrew Bogut
- Deandre Jordan or Roy Hibbert

Tim Duncan, Chris Bosh and Anthony Davis miss out because they're PFs first imo.

xxplayerxx23
03-15-2014, 12:30 PM
1) Howard
2a) Noah

Chandler at 17 :laugh2: bosh at 11 Horford at 12 comedy

lol, please
03-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Hibbert
Gasol
Dwight
Bogut
Cousins

Bostonjorge
03-15-2014, 07:16 PM
For those who voted Howard at 1 do u still think Howard plays in Orlando and are watching nba classics? Howard leads all C's in only turnovers that's it. Everything bad being said about hibbert can be said about Howard.

abe_froman
03-15-2014, 07:36 PM
For those who voted Howard at 1 do u still think Howard plays in Orlando and are watching nba classics? Howard leads all C's in only turnovers that's it. Everything bad being said about hibbert can be said about Howard.

howard isnt the magic howard but still 18/12 at 60% ts,most would feel more comfortable with him at c than any others(look we arent in a great era for centers)

NBA_Starter
03-15-2014, 10:30 PM
Cousins
Howard
Noah
Marc Gasol
Big Al

Jamiecballer
03-15-2014, 10:35 PM
Noah
Gasol
Bosh
Howard
Hibbert

flea
03-15-2014, 10:37 PM
I don't really see how any list could leave off any of these 4: Noah, Gasol, Hibbert, Howard. For the fifth I feel like it's a 3 horse race between Bogut, Bosh, and Horford.

MTar786
03-16-2014, 02:25 AM
lol wow this must be one of the worst era of centers ever

if this were like the 90's top 5 lists would be like

shaq
hakeem
robinson
ewing
mourning

mutombo

Rndy
03-16-2014, 02:31 AM
I don't really see how any list could leave off any of these 4: Noah, Gasol, Hibbert, Howard. For the fifth I feel like it's a 3 horse race between Bogut, Bosh, and Horford.

Agreed I love Horford as well he's my 5th guy always wanted to team him back up with Noah they compliment each other so well.

effen5
03-16-2014, 02:48 AM
lol wow this must be one of the worst era of centers ever

if this were like the 90's top 5 lists would be like

shaq
hakeem
robinson
ewing
mourning

mutombo

Rik Smits, Sabonis, Vlade > any of the centers in this decade. It is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

MTar786
03-16-2014, 03:15 AM
Rik Smits, Sabonis, Vlade > any of the centers in this decade. It is the most pathetic thing I've ever seen.

lol even power forwards back in the day own these ones. basketball is about wing players now. thats all

HouRealCoach
03-16-2014, 11:17 AM
and just to think someone on here said they would take hibbert over HOWARD and someone copied and paste the comment and agreed

im thinking nobody in they right bball mind would ever take hibb over HOWARD, never ever in any era

you never take a poor mans DEKE version over poor man SHAQ version, never ever especially in this weak C era

I remember that, if he could play 6'8-6'10 toothpicks like Heat had last year all season then he would be good but dude has never managed to average 13 points, 9 rebounds, or shoot over 50%. For someone that is 7'2, has a postgame and a jumpshot that is PATHETIC

Goose17
03-16-2014, 11:21 AM

Don't feel right including Horford when he hasn't played that much this season. And Bosh is a PF imo.

MrfadeawayJB
03-16-2014, 11:24 AM

Dwight
DMC
Gasol
Noah
Drummond

This is probably the best list. Noah and Gasol are interchangeable. DMC is probably the second best center but his attitude holds him back

bbcmillionaire
03-16-2014, 12:22 PM
Dwight or Noah? Either one is fine with me. This is who the 1st team is gonna come down too

Trwood12
03-18-2014, 12:56 AM
Howard
Gasol
Noah
Cousins
Jordan

Maybe not in this order but close

mrblisterdundee
03-18-2014, 01:24 AM
1. Dwight Howard
2. Joakim Noah
3. Andre Drummond
4. DeAndre Jordan
5. Andrew Bogut

I've noticed many people included Marc Gasol and DeMarcus Cousins. Gasol has been injured, is rebounding like Brook Lopez and is on a team that might not even make the playoffs. Cousins is still somewhat of a head case, doesn't play much defense and is on a team that definitely won't make the playoffs if he played defense, Cousins could be the best in the league.
Also, Cousins' stats are stuffed playing on a desperate, talent-starved team like Sacramento, just as Anthony Davis' stats are stuffed from being on the Pelicans, and Kevin Love's on the Timberwolves. I really wish more people would take context into consideration. Just because a player gets free reign on a crappy team doesn't make them golden boys. Drummond's more impressive because of the performances he's able to put up on an ultra front-loaded team like Detroit's.

PurpleLynch
03-18-2014, 10:15 AM
Howard,Hibbert,M.Gasol,Noah,Cousins.Drummond is right there with Jefferson. Bosh could be in the top 5,but I don't consider him a real center,with Miami he splits the C's role with Birdman.Also Chandler is top 5-8.

nickdymez
03-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Cousins, Noah, Dwight, Lopez, Hibbert, Gasol

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

D-Leethal
03-18-2014, 10:40 AM
Noah
Dwight
Gasol
Hibbert
Cousins

rhino17
03-18-2014, 10:49 AM
1) Howard
2) Noah (maybe playing well enough for #1)
3) M. Gasol

I think the top 3 are very clear, it's then up for debate after that

I would go with Cousins and Hibbert

Chronz
03-18-2014, 12:13 PM
1) Howard
2) Noah (maybe playing well enough for #1)
3) M. Gasol

I think the top 3 are very clear, it's then up for debate after that

I would go with Cousins and Hibbert

My take exactly

NoahH
03-18-2014, 12:39 PM
IN ORDER:

Noah
Dwight
Cousins
Jefferson
Gasol

lionel
03-18-2014, 01:15 PM
1.cousins 2.Noah 3.Howard 4.Hibbert 5. Gasol

todu82
03-18-2014, 01:45 PM
1) Howard
2) Noah
3) Hibbert
4) Jefferson
5) Gasol

Blitzbolt
03-18-2014, 02:43 PM
1. Dwight Howard
2. Joakim Noah
3. Andre Drummond
4. DeAndre Jordan
5. Andrew Bogut

I've noticed many people included Marc Gasol and DeMarcus Cousins. Gasol has been injured, is rebounding like Brook Lopez and is on a team that might not even make the playoffs. Cousins is still somewhat of a head case, doesn't play much defense and is on a team that definitely won't make the playoffs if he played defense, Cousins could be the best in the league.
Also, Cousins' stats are stuffed playing on a desperate, talent-starved team like Sacramento, just as Anthony Davis' stats are stuffed from being on the Pelicans, and Kevin Love's on the Timberwolves. I really wish more people would take context into consideration. Just because a player gets free reign on a crappy team doesn't make them golden boys. Drummond's more impressive because of the performances he's able to put up on an ultra front-loaded team like Detroit's.
Gasol plays with zbo one of the best rebouding PFs in the NBA say what you want but Marc Gasols impact on the Grizzlies is HUGE. Noah Gasol D12

flea
03-18-2014, 03:16 PM
Lord help you as a fan if you think DJ and Cousins are better than Gasol.

Shammyguy3
03-18-2014, 04:04 PM
1. Dwight Howard
2. Joakim Noah
3. Andre Drummond
4. DeAndre Jordan
5. Andrew Bogut

I've noticed many people included Marc Gasol and DeMarcus Cousins. Gasol has been injured, is rebounding like Brook Lopez and is on a team that might not even make the playoffs.

Gasol's impact on the Grizzlies is known exactly for his injuries. Look at the Grizzlies' record with and without him. And so what if Gasol is a below average rebounder when he's damn near elite at everything else? What is Andre Drummond elite at besides rebounding and blocking shots? I'd like to hear your take on that.

Cousins is still somewhat of a head case, doesn't play much defense and is on a team that definitely won't make the playoffs if he played defense, Cousins could be the best in the league.

I'm not a huge fan of Cousins, but you rag on him for not playing defense. How come the same doesn't go for someone that can't play offense, ala DeAndre Jordan? And I believe you are the one not using the proper context.

Andre Drummond's on a team that is talent-starved just like Sacramento. I wouldn't call their front-court "ultra loaded" like you did. Josh Smith is trash, one of the worst players in the game. Greg Monroe is solid, but he's arguably not even a top-10 power forward (Love, Griffin, Davis, Nowitzki, Aldridge, Millsap, Lee, Ibaka I would all take ahead of him, and then you have to ask yourself if you consider Horford, Bosh, Duncan as centers or forwards).

The Pistons are a full 2.5 games better than the Kings this year, and that's while playing in the Eastern Conference versus the Western Conference. Being on a ****** team doesn't mean that your stats are discredited: it makes certain players' stats all that more impressive actually. Cousins is on the 7th worst team in the league record wise. So you think he'd be playing like 38mpg or something right? Wrong - he's only playing just above 32mpg this year. His numbers correlate to a per36 rate of 25/13/3 on elite efficiency. That's hard to maintain, perhaps more difficult on a crappy team.

Getting back to your list for a sec, I would take Bogut ahead of both Drummond and Jordan.

Ebbs
03-18-2014, 04:13 PM
Cousins
Dwight
Gasol
Noah
Al Jeff

**** Hibbert. DeAndre Jordan is better than him as well.

Sadds The Gr8
03-18-2014, 04:25 PM
Howard, Hibbert, Noah, Jefferson, Gasol
This

Shammyguy3
03-18-2014, 04:30 PM
For healthy players only:

1. Joakim Noah (call me a homer)
2. Dwight Howard
3. Marc Gasol
4. DeMarcus Cousins
5. Tim Duncan
9. DeAndre Jordan
10. Andre Drummond

archdevil84
03-18-2014, 04:34 PM
greg oden

mrblisterdundee
03-18-2014, 06:07 PM
Gasol's impact on the Grizzlies is known exactly for his injuries. Look at the Grizzlies' record with and without him. And so what if Gasol is a below average rebounder when he's damn near elite at everything else? What is Andre Drummond elite at besides rebounding and blocking shots? I'd like to hear your take on that.

I'm not a huge fan of Cousins, but you rag on him for not playing defense. How come the same doesn't go for someone that can't play offense, ala DeAndre Jordan? And I believe you are the one not using the proper context.

Andre Drummond's on a team that is talent-starved just like Sacramento. I wouldn't call their front-court "ultra loaded" like you did. Josh Smith is trash, one of the worst players in the game. Greg Monroe is solid, but he's arguably not even a top-10 power forward (Love, Griffin, Davis, Nowitzki, Aldridge, Millsap, Lee, Ibaka I would all take ahead of him, and then you have to ask yourself if you consider Horford, Bosh, Duncan as centers or forwards).

The Pistons are a full 2.5 games better than the Kings this year, and that's while playing in the Eastern Conference versus the Western Conference. Being on a ****** team doesn't mean that your stats are discredited: it makes certain players' stats all that more impressive actually. Cousins is on the 7th worst team in the league record wise. So you think he'd be playing like 38mpg or something right? Wrong - he's only playing just above 32mpg this year. His numbers correlate to a per36 rate of 25/13/3 on elite efficiency. That's hard to maintain, perhaps more difficult on a crappy team.

Getting back to your list for a sec, I would take Bogut ahead of both Drummond and Jordan.

Gasol's played at least a third less of the season so far as anyone on my top-five, including Bogut. If someone's injured, they're not as valuable a player. And not only is Gasol rebounding like he's Brook Lopez; he's also shooting about 46 percent from the field. Get back to the rim, big man.
Good centers anchor defenses, which you see in the choices I made. Cousins grabs 20 and 10 on a mediocre team that needs him to just to be relevant more than a third of the Kings' offense runs through him when he's on the court. But he still doesn't play any defense.
Cousins is basically a younger Zach Randolph with slightly more hops. But I think he has the talent to be possibly the best center in the league, over guys like Drummond and Noah.
Maybe you don't know what front-loaded means; maybe I wasn't clear enough. It's not meant to say Detroit's good. It's meant to say that Detroit has way too many big men and no decent point guards to distribute among them. It's a giant log jam in the paint.
A mere 16 percent of the offense runs through Drummond during his 32 minutes per game, and he still puts up awesome numbers at only 22 years of age and half the usage rate of Cousins, who he nearly matches in PER.
I see Cousins and Drummond becoming the two best centers in the league as Howard winds down and the Kings actually create a decent team and I'm hopeful of that with their new ownership.

mrblisterdundee
03-18-2014, 06:12 PM
Gasol plays with zbo one of the best rebouding PFs in the NBA say what you want but Marc Gasols impact on the Grizzlies is HUGE. Noah Gasol D12

He's played a third less of the seasons than the other people on my list. I don't think your impact is "HUGE" when you're sitting on the bench in a suit.

flea
03-18-2014, 06:13 PM
Who cares if Gasol missed a month or two? So did CP3, does that mean he's not the best PG in the league now? It's funny you say you want a center to anchor your defense, but you leave off the reigning DPOY on your 5.

????

Shammyguy3
03-18-2014, 06:14 PM
Gasol's played at least a third less of the season so far as anyone on my top-five, including Bogut. If someone's injured, they're not as valuable a player. And not only is Gasol rebounding like he's Brook Lopez; he's also shooting about 46 percent from the field. Get back to the rim, big man.
Good centers anchor defenses, which you see in the choices I made. Cousins grabs 20 and 10 on a mediocre team that needs him to just to be relevant more than a third of the Kings' offense runs through him when he's on the court. But he still doesn't play any defense.
Cousins is basically a younger Zach Randolph with slightly more hops. But I think he has the talent to be possibly the best center in the league, over guys like Drummond and Noah.
Maybe you don't know what front-loaded means; maybe I wasn't clear enough. It's not meant to say Detroit's good. It's meant to say that Detroit has way too many big men and no decent point guards to distribute among them. It's a giant log jam in the paint.
A mere 16 percent of the offense runs through Drummond during his 32 minutes per game, and he still puts up awesome numbers at only 22 years of age and half the usage rate of Cousins, who he nearly matches in PER.
I see Cousins and Drummond becoming the two best centers in the league as Howard winds down and the Kings actually create a decent team and I'm hopeful of that with their new ownership.

you left off arguably the two best anchors in the league then by not including Hibbert and Gasol. In regards to the rest of your post, i just disagree and still have not seen any valuable conclusions for why Drummond or Jordan are in your top-5

RipCity32
03-18-2014, 06:43 PM

Drummonds team is not only crappy but it's easily the most ridiculous out of place starting unit in the league. It's two chuckers with 4 players playing out of position and zero shooters to space the floor. I give the kid a lot of credit to put up the numbers he does night in and night out playing in this lineup with hardly ever getting to touch the ball. Plus he's only 20 years old already playing for his 3rd coach while not even playing 2 seasons yet. He's not top5 yet but he's definatley going to be there as soon as we straighting out this lineup, hopefully in the offseason.

Shammyguy3
03-18-2014, 06:58 PM
Completely agree with that ^

Blitzbolt
03-18-2014, 08:24 PM
The Grizzlies have the best Defense in the NBA since Gasol got back 1st with him 23rd with out.Gasol shots alot of jumpers from the high post something non of your top 5 centers do.
Bogut spends half the game in the bench to say he is better then Gasol is crazy.

waveycrockett
03-18-2014, 08:38 PM
I would have to put
1a)Noah
1b)Gasol
3)Howard
Bosh/Brook Lopez (inj)
Hibbert

Honorable mentions:Cousins,Al Jeff, Robin Lopez,Drummond

Noah and Gasol defensively do so much and offensively are extremely underrated.

smith&wesson
03-18-2014, 08:56 PM
Noah- this year has been crazy
Howard- finally happy and playing like himself again
Cousins- will dominate once he matures
Al Jeff straight beasting since going to the bobcats/hornets
Roy Hibbert - defensive monster and is a giant
Marc Gasol, been slow to get back to form since injury but still has to be accounted for
Deandre Jordan - since being coached by doc
Drummond - beasting for a 2nd year player
Brook Lopez - when healthy
Horford - when healthy
Bosh- starts at the 4 again as oden now stars at the 5
Pau Gasol - beast this year. inflatet stats but never the less
Pekovic, Vucivic, Bogut, Sanders, Varajao - Have all been solid when healthy
Plumlee and Jonas Val on the rise.
is Anthony Davis considered a PF/C or a PF ?

this has been harder than I thought, I probably missed a lot of players..

Chrisclover
03-19-2014, 01:09 AM
This year may be palatable for Howard. He is feeling home in Houston, and he is willing to sacrifice his stats when his teammates are doing a better job.
The Rockets are scorching hot now, well exceeding people 's expectation. I thought they would be good after they acquired Howard and some pieces,but did not anticipate that they could be like this good, when they have been vanquishing an array of contenders in 2014.
Parsons 's contract is super economical and they had better rush some successes otherwise it would be harder when his contract is due and he asks for what they can not afford.

mrblisterdundee
03-19-2014, 01:48 AM
you left off arguably the two best anchors in the league then by not including Hibbert and Gasol. In regards to the rest of your post, i just disagree and still have not seen any valuable conclusions for why Drummond or Jordan are in your top-5

Hibbert's been good defensively, but he's also regressed so far from last year as a two-way player. Gasol, still the best passer of the group, has been hampered by injuries. Eventually, he'll get back to the top five. He's too talented not to.
Choose to see or not see what you want on Jordan and Drummond. Jordan, despite his one-track offensive skills, has been one of the more underrated players this year, matching Hibbert on blocks and nearly doubling him up in rebounding, even on a team with two 10-plus rebounders. He's been on beast mode for some time now. Drummond, despite playing on one of the league's most front-loaded and point guard-deficient teams, has been a revelation.
The best argument I see is putting Cousins in my top five in place of Bogut. Cousins has put in more work defensively, and he's better offensively than any center in my top-five.