PDA

View Full Version : Steve Nash Wont Retire Because "I Want the Money"

Tony_Starks
03-13-2014, 05:16 PM
In a new Grantland video documenting his recovery, he lays it out in simple terms: “The reality is, I’m not going to retire because I want the money.” For The Win

Los Angeles Lakers, Steve Nash
Arash Markazi: Nash: “You’re going to have people say he’s so greedy he’s got to take this last little bit…Yes, I do. I have to take this last little bit."

I'm not mad at him for getting his money but it seems pretty classless to say it. I wonder if there will be a backlash?

Had someone like AI said this it would've been more infamous then the "practice" thing.

Edit- got this from hoopshype btw

jerellh528
03-13-2014, 05:18 PM
Is this real? Where's the link?

Slug3
03-13-2014, 05:21 PM
Dont know if true......... but Lakers gave him that contract, dont be upset if hes not willing to stick to his end of the deal and take it because you dont want to pay him anymore.

mdm692
03-13-2014, 05:23 PM
If I'm not mistaken he took somewhat of a pay cut with the Mavs and Phx so he earned the right to be greedy once.

Goose17
03-13-2014, 05:24 PM
My favourite player of all time. And I don't blame him for this, he should have had a chip by now, I say go on, get your money. It's the least you deserve.

Chronz
03-13-2014, 05:26 PM
I wish more players were openly truthful, not that Nash needs to tell us, we should all know a player incentive are at least partially money driven. Nash has also said that if the Lakers release him under the stretch provision, he would retire, if he were truly greedy, he would sign on with another team, even for the min. I hope the Lakers release him and he signs with Toronto, just as an end of the bench player who can provide something to the team in some capacity

torocan
03-13-2014, 05:27 PM
In a new Grantland video documenting his recovery, he lays it out in simple terms: “The reality is, I’m not going to retire because I want the money.” For The Win

Arash Markazi: Nash: “You’re going to have people say he’s so greedy he’s got to take this last little bit…Yes, I do. I have to take this last little bit."

I'm not mad at him for getting his money but it seems pretty classless to say it. I wonder if there will be a backlash?

Had someone like AI said this it would've been more infamous then the "practice" thing.

Nash got divorced not long before signing with the Lakers. And it got fairly nasty before they reached a sealed settlement.

Steve also believed Alejandra only wanted to be in L.A. because California laws could result in her getting increased child support payments.

Ultimately, the court agreed -- according to documents the judge ruled Alejandra failed to prove the move was "in the children's best interests" -- and her relocation request was "motivated, at least in part, by issues surrounding child support, which is an inappropriate basis for relocation."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/09/04/steve-nash-alejandra-children-support-move-phoenix-to-los-angeles/#ixzz2vse2vS4M

Honestly, I don't blame the guy. He's on the last years of his career and he may actually NEED the money for future security.

Should he have been dishonest and not said anything? Maybe. However, I respect that he's honest about it. Not to mention, if he wasn't injured and was instead having an all star season, it's not like the Lakers would voluntarily up his salary.

sager729
03-13-2014, 05:29 PM
If anyone has a problem with him saying it, they are dumb. It's not classless at all.

What's classless is the idiots that say, I need $5M instead of $4M because I have to feed my family. That is stupid.

But if you said to me you can play another year and get paid $10M or whatever he's getting paid, then I'm going to be like yeah I want the money to play a game.

JLynn943
03-13-2014, 05:43 PM
Good for him. He earned that contract with a HoF career.

MassoDio
03-13-2014, 05:45 PM
What is greedy about this?

He was signed to a contract, he wants to get everything that was agreed upon. The Lakers knew his injury history. They had all the medical information on him. It's not Nash's fault that the Lakers training staff is not as good as the Suns training staff. (No team's training staff is. The Suns have the best training staff in all of sports.)

The bottom line is, Nash is old. This is his last contract. He wants the money because he is not going to get another contract. That is being smart, and realistic (which too many professional athletes are not).

Nash has been taking less money to play with contenders his whole career. There is no reason for him to not want to be paid what he was signed for.

And besides all of that, every non-naive fan knows that all athletes are in it for the money. Do they want to win, sure they do. But more than anything, they want to be paid as much money as possible for as long as possible. Most of the time though, they just lie straight to the camera and to their fans and say it isn't about the money. We all know that is buill*****. I wish more athletes would be honest about it, instead of treating the fans like they are stupid.

AddiX
03-13-2014, 05:48 PM
You guys are ridiculous, if Nash was on your team, eating up your salary space, knowing damn well he's never going to play again, you would all be pissed.

He's robbing them. That's all there is to it.

kdspurman
03-13-2014, 05:52 PM
Here's the link- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f60uvx2v_Ys

xxplayerxx23
03-13-2014, 05:52 PM
You guys are ridiculous, if Nash was on your team, eating up your salary space, knowing damn well he's never going to play again, you would all be pissed.

Execpt la signed him to 3 years so it's a contract. Live with what you signed him too way to go Nash.

nastynice
03-13-2014, 05:59 PM

x2

Tony_Starks
03-13-2014, 06:05 PM
I'm never mad about anybody getting their money. But come on man you could've at least said something like "Im coming back because I love the game, I feel I owe it to the team and fans, AND I want that money."

Had another player said this people would be ranting and raving about "this is what's wrong with the NBA....... these players are greedy and selfish....how much do you need...." and blah blah blah.

I just don't see how he gets a pass.

Lakers + Giants
03-13-2014, 06:06 PM
Classless? Haha, why? For being honest?

Our FO gave him that contract, we shouldn't be mad at nash, we should be mad at our FO.

And no, nash isn't being greedy, it's something all of us would do. ****, kobe's basically hurting us more. Kobe played 6 games this year yet he'll make 30M, we still owe him 48M for the next 2 years. If nash is being greedy, same can be said about kobe. The reality is that our FO overpaid for both.

MassoDio
03-13-2014, 06:07 PM

Yeah, only he isn't.

MassoDio
03-13-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm never mad about anybody getting their money. But come on man you could've at least said something like "Im coming back because I love the game, I feel I owe it to the team and fans, AND I want that money."

Had another player said this people would be ranting and raving about "this is what's wrong with the NBA....... these players are greedy and selfish....how much do you need...." and blah blah blah.

See...you are lumping in ignorant fans with knowledgeable fans. There IS a difference between them. The ones who would complain about what Nash said if it were another player are just people who want to complain about a player because they don't like that particular player. That is not intelligence, or understanding of the game. You will always have those people, no matter who the player is, or what the comments are.

Then you have the fans who know already, that the money is what these guys are playing for. There is no debating that. The players can lie through their teeth and say that it isn't, but it is what is most important to them.

And there is also a difference in the way things are said. The way Nash said it, doesn't sound greedy, it sounds honest. The way Spreewell said it years back...about being insulted by the $6 or $10 mil a year he was offered, because he needed to "feed his family", sounds out of touch with reality and greedy. That type of statement alienates fans because most of the fans are feeding their family on the amount of money that Spree throws away in a day. There is a difference between being honest and being a self-centered, out of touch, greedy douchebag.

Hawkeye15
03-13-2014, 06:20 PM

While I agree, that is what happens when you sign a 50 year old to a guaranteed deal. Why should we sympathize with the Lakers or their fans?

dtmagnet
03-13-2014, 06:20 PM
You think he's going to turn down 10 million out of the goodness of his heart? The Lakers make an assload of money, this won't hurt them.

Hawkeye15
03-13-2014, 06:22 PM
Execpt la signed him to 3 years so it's a contract. Live with what you signed him too way to go Nash.

I understand what he is saying, every fan's team has had at least one player who signed a deal, got hurt, and sucked them dry for a few years. But in most cases, the player suffers an injury when they are, you know, not old as ****...

Nash is freakin 40. How did anyone expect him not to wear out.

Hawkeye15
03-13-2014, 06:24 PM
You think he's going to turn down 10 million out of the goodness of his heart? The Lakers make an assload of money, this won't hurt them.

their problem is, between him and Kobe, that is $33 million. They have $24 million left to fill out the roster. Which is why, as painful as it may be for the Kobster, they may want to sit out FA this summer, suck again, add another high draft pick, and room for a max deal plus in 2015.

But, I hope they overpay some players this summer and hover around mediocracy, the purgatory of the NBA.

TheMightyHumph
03-13-2014, 06:25 PM

Nothing classless about the truth.

Now Politicians, there is a classless bunch

waveycrockett
03-13-2014, 06:25 PM
I remember when LA traded for Nash everyone thought they robbed the Suns.Funny how that looks in hindsight.

torocan
03-13-2014, 06:26 PM

The reason Nash gets a pass is he's *already* taken pay cuts before. He passed on money to stay in Phoenix and so that they could go for talent. Most everyone knows this is probably his LAST big contract. I don't mind a guy cashing out a bit on the way out, especially since he's owed the money.

This isn't a guy pushing for more than he's owed, it's a guy looking to get paid what was agreed.

Nash already built the good will when he passed on better opportunities to help Phoenix. This is why Phoenix let him go to a conference rival. They OWED Nash and they KNEW it. The Phoenix fans know they owed Nash.

Nash is just getting his due, and that's why his honesty doesn't bug people nearly as much. Could he have done a PR job and said, "It's out of love for the game... blah, blah, blah"? Sure... however, the man has proven his character and his heart for decades. If he wants to just lay it out there, I'm okay with it.

Nash gets the benefit of the doubt because he's EARNED it.

TorontoHuskies
03-13-2014, 06:27 PM
Haha what a d*ck but at least he's honest. Seriously though I can tell Nash is a huge d-bag off court I've always felt he was, he just knows how to create a positive image.

SMH!
03-13-2014, 06:28 PM
I'm cool with this but as op said if someone else had said this, psd would of gone crazy talking about how selfish blah blah.

Tony_Starks
03-13-2014, 06:32 PM
At the end of the day we're going to use the stretch provision on him anyway so it'll only be like 3milli against the cap next year. No biggie.

Plus he only played a few games this year so insurance will pay 80% of his salary, Kobe's as well. So I guess everyone will get what they want.

lakerfan85
03-13-2014, 06:48 PM
At the end of the day we're going to use the stretch provision on him anyway so it'll only be like 3milli against the cap next year. No biggie.

Plus he only played a few games this year so insurance will pay 80% of his salary, Kobe's as well. So I guess everyone will get what they want.

I don't think the stretch provision will be used on Nash nor should it.. He's only got one year left on his deal, might as well finish it out and have it off the books for the 2015 season..

AddiX
03-13-2014, 06:55 PM
While I agree, that is what happens when you sign a 50 year old to a guaranteed deal. Why should we sympathize with the Lakers or their fans?

Oh I'm not sympathizing with them, def not that.

But it doesn't change the fact he's stealing from them, the same way Brandon Roy was stealing from you guys, and even he eventually knew what he was doing was wrong and retired.

It's just incredibly bad for he sport. As a Knicks fan. I've lived through enough bad contracts for a lifetime, these situations can really kill a fans love for the game.

Hawkeye15
03-13-2014, 07:02 PM

But it doesn't change the fact he's stealing from them, the same way Brandon Roy was stealing from you guys, and even he eventually knew what he was doing was wrong and retired.

It's just incredibly bad for he sport. As a Knicks fan. I've lived through enough bad contracts for a lifetime, these situations can really kill a fans love for the game.

Well, the players would NEVER support an NFL type contract, and I really don't feel bad about them getting as much as they can for as long as they can.

Is it irritating to have Troy Hudson or Terrell Brandon sitting in street clothes for 2 years sucking money away from my Wolves? Yes. But that is the business unfortunately.

AddiX
03-13-2014, 07:11 PM
Well, the players would NEVER support an NFL type contract, and I really don't feel bad about them getting as much as they can for as long as they can.

Is it irritating to have Troy Hudson or Terrell Brandon sitting in street clothes for 2 years sucking money away from my Wolves? Yes. But that is the business unfortunately.

For a young guy getting his $ is one thing.

For a guy like Nash, come on, let's stop acting like he's some regular dude just trying to make a buck, he's got his 10x over.

In all honesty I think players are underpaid, and max contracts in general are a joke, along with salary cap.

But I'll still never support the idea it's ok for Guy who knows he's done, to sign a contract for 3 years, and exercise the entire thing.

I went months without watching the Knicks, just because I couldn't stand seeing amare on the team.

Hawkeye15
03-13-2014, 07:17 PM

For a guy like Nash, come on, let's stop acting like he's some regular dude just trying to make a buck, he's got his 10x over.

In all honesty I think players are underpaid, and max contracts in general are a joke, along with salary cap.

But I'll still never support the idea it's ok for Guy who knows he's done, to sign a contract for 3 years, and exercise the entire thing.

I went months without watching the Knicks, just because I couldn't stand seeing amare on the team.

how old are you?

Tony_Starks
03-13-2014, 07:18 PM
I don't think the stretch provision will be used on Nash nor should it.. He's only got one year left on his deal, might as well finish it out and have it off the books for the 2015 season..

I don't know if they should but I'm pretty sure they will. They're not waiting on 2015, they want to reload next season and that will take every penny available. That extra 6milli can get you a quality player.

AddiX
03-13-2014, 07:39 PM
how old are you?

Why, you got a 3 year deal for me?

Hawkeye15
03-13-2014, 07:43 PM
Why, you got a 3 year deal for me?

no, just asking. I am 38. I am at an age where its difficult to accept I can't move like I did at 28. I will never be able to again. For someone my age (Nash is barely older), if you truly believe you can perform a sport at a high level, you keep doing it. Despite his injuries, he may really believe he has it in him to play another couple of years.

Getting old sucks. Some of us handle it better than others (I am not old, but for athletic purposes, I am old). This can't be understood by anyone under the age of 33-35.

Supreme LA
03-13-2014, 07:43 PM
This is stupid. The only reason you guys give him a pass is because he's robbing the Lakers. The Lakers organization owes nothing to this guy. I would understand if he was taking money from Phoenix and not playing but this is classless. He knows very well what he is doing and he knows very well he doesn't deserve this money from the Lakers.

If he was on any of your teams I have no doubt all of you guys would have a problem with this so all of you can just stfu with your BS about Nash deserving the money. Who does he actually deserve this money from? Think about it.

Supreme LA
03-13-2014, 07:46 PM
no, just asking. I am 38. I am at an age where its difficult to accept I can't move like I did at 28. I will never be able to again. For someone my age (Nash is barely older), if you truly believe you can perform a sport at a high level, you keep doing it. Despite his injuries, he may really believe he has it in him to play another couple of years.

Getting old sucks. Some of us handle it better than others (I am not old, but for athletic purposes, I am old). This can't be understood by anyone under the age of 33-35.

And...so what? If his body is deteriorating and he can't stay on the court for more than 3 games at any stretch of the season I don't see how anything improves especially at his age. I give him credit for trying over the offseason and getting in the best shape in could but it didn't work. There's nothing else he can do at this point to contribute.

Hawkeye15
03-13-2014, 07:47 PM
And...so what? If his body is deteriorating and he can't stay on the court for more than 3 games at any stretch of the season I don't see how anything improves especially at his age. I give him credit for trying over the offseason and getting in the best shape in could but it didn't work. There's nothing else he can do at this point to contribute.

Because you can heal from injuries...

If he believes he can contribute, he has the freedom to pursue another deal. I understand you are upset that he hasn't been the old Nash, or even a version of that, but your team gave a 38 year old that deal. Live with it.

Aunt Jemima
03-13-2014, 07:52 PM
Steve Nash deserves every penny coming his way.

beasted86
03-13-2014, 07:54 PM
Whether its true or not, ITS TRUE.

I said this from the minute he signed the contract that he would play it out and NOT retire, and its the very reason I've said nobody should feel pity he will retire without a ring. Instead of going to a contender after Amare left, he went for the easy money to stay with a scrub Phoenix team. Then coming off that contract instead of going to the best contender available for the mid-level, he made sure to push for a sign and trade.

I'm not mad at the guy at all, but money has been his motivation through the later years of his career rather than winning a championship. And there's nothing wrong with that either.

bleedprple&gold
03-13-2014, 07:55 PM
This is stupid. The only reason you guys give him a pass is because he's robbing the Lakers. The Lakers organization owes nothing to this guy. I would understand if he was taking money from Phoenix and not playing but this is classless. He knows very well what he is doing and he knows very well he doesn't deserve this money from the Lakers.

If he was on any of your teams I have no doubt all of you guys would have a problem with this so all of you can just stfu with your BS about Nash deserving the money. Who does he actually deserve this money from? Think about it.

So true. Everybody is loving Nash getting his money for doing nothing cuz its hurting the Lakers bottom line.

ManRam
03-13-2014, 07:57 PM
Love his honesty throughout this all.

The Lakers signed him to that deal. He has no obligation to retire just to help them out :shrug:

I mean, look how much Gilbert has been raking in the past few years. This isn't rare, either.

Supreme LA
03-13-2014, 07:59 PM
Because you can heal from injuries...

If he believes he can contribute, he has the freedom to pursue another deal. I understand you are upset that he hasn't been the old Nash, or even a version of that, but your team gave a 38 year old that deal. Live with it.

He did heal and then he kept getting injured is my point. I'm sure you know very well with any athlete that back issues stick with you long after you retire and effects the rest of his body. While I would love for him be healthy I just don't believe anybody at that age can recover fully from constant recurring injuries. That alone is a sign to just just retire.

AddiX
03-13-2014, 08:00 PM

I'm 30 and I feel it. I use to take pride in guarding the fastest guys on the court, I don't do that crap no more, my ankles aren't down with that nonsense. But I realized that, when I saw this kid calking for the ball saying "mismatch, mismatch", I said that's it, I'm done guarding these dudes.

But Nash knows his back isn't going to allow him to play NBA ball. I don't really see how anyone can say otherwise. He's got the kind if back problems where sitting down probably hurts. He knows its over, he's milking the lakers.

Hawkeye15
03-13-2014, 08:00 PM
He did heal and then he kept getting injured is my point. I'm sure you know very well with any athlete that back issues stick with you long after you retire and effects the rest of his body. While I would love for him be healthy I just don't believe anybody at that age can recover fully from constant recurring injuries. That alone is a sign to just just retire.

as long as someone will keep paying him, he should keep playing.

Question. If you couldn't play at an NBA level anymore, and someone offered you millions, would you say, "no, I just can't. I don't feel I would be worth that contract"?

Aunt Jemima
03-13-2014, 08:01 PM

Nash like most superstars are worth much more than they are paid. A contract is a contract regardless of how he plays. Nash has been a class act his entire career and the money he has made for the Mavs, Suns, and Lakers will never equal the amount he will ever get. Idk why you are so angry, you make it seem like you are in fact paying him yourself.

Let me make you a couple flapjacks so maybe you will STFU.......Think about it.

ManRam
03-13-2014, 08:02 PM

So it's Nash's fault he signed a contract offered to him? Sorry, that's LA's fault for being dumb enough to offer that long of a deal :shrug: He's honoring his contract, nothing wrong about that.

Kobe, and his fans, justify him signing the contract he signed this year by saying "hey, it was offered to me/him, what do you expect me/him to do?". The same thing applies here.

mrblisterdundee
03-13-2014, 08:06 PM
I'm not mad at him for getting his money but it seems pretty classless to say it.

It seems classless to be honest? The only thing that makes him classless is keeping all that money for himself or not paying taxes. I'm sure he pays his taxes, and he'll probably will keep it all for his own entertainment, but let's wait and see.

Sly Guy
03-13-2014, 08:07 PM
so what would happen if he retired? It's still a guaranteed contract, is it not? So if he retired, he'd still get that money anyway? Isn't that how it works? And if so, wouldn't that mean playing out his contract is the more noble thing to do anyway?

xxplayerxx23
03-13-2014, 08:25 PM
I understand what he is saying, every fan's team has had at least one player who signed a deal, got hurt, and sucked them dry for a few years. But in most cases, the player suffers an injury when they are, you know, not old as ****...

Nash is freakin 40. How did anyone expect him not to wear out.

Yeah I understand it but la deserves it. I find it funny how some of my Knick fan buddies think amare can be talked into using his ETO like he's ganna go from 21 to 5(tops) out of the goodness of the guys heart cuz he wants to win :laugh2: just like the Knicks deserve it for being stupid lakers do as well.

xxplayerxx23
03-13-2014, 08:28 PM
He signed a legal contract. He isn't robbing anyone laker organization Robbed themselves giving a 38 yesr old a 3 year 9+ million a year deal.

Vinylman
03-13-2014, 08:41 PM

There really is no reason to stretch Nash because it only bites the Lakers in the *** in years 2 and 3...

moshy2
03-13-2014, 08:46 PM
No problem with this. Lakers assumed the risk and it didn't work. People forget how business and reality works

Slug3
03-13-2014, 08:57 PM

So when the Lakers signed a 38 year old to a 3 year contract. Did they think he wasn't going to turn 40? He had injury problems towards the end with the Suns. Did they forget all this?

NYKNYGNYY
03-13-2014, 09:12 PM

I agree 100%

NBA_Starter
03-13-2014, 09:13 PM
He needs to think about coaching because his body just isn't going to hold up.

jerellh528
03-13-2014, 09:18 PM
It's upsetting but understandable. We're not going anywhere next yr anyways, let Nash make his $$ and lead us to another top pick next season.

Supreme LA
03-13-2014, 09:19 PM
Nash like most superstars are worth much more than they are paid. A contract is a contract regardless of how he plays. Nash has been a class act his entire career and the money he has made for the Mavs, Suns, and Lakers will never equal the amount he will ever get. Idk why you are so angry, you make it seem like you are in fact paying him yourself.

Let me make you a couple flapjacks so maybe you will STFU.......Think about it.

Shut up Aunt Jemima you stupid *** *****.

lamzoka
03-13-2014, 09:25 PM
I think he's absolutely right. why "retired" and not get pay when u can just sit at the end of a bench in a nice suit making millions of dollars. but with all that being said, no need for nash to rub it in the organization or the fans. Collect ur free money, but at least be a pro about it

Tony_Starks
03-13-2014, 09:40 PM
It seems classless to be honest? The only thing that makes him classless is keeping all that money for himself or not paying taxes. I'm sure he pays his taxes, and he'll probably will keep it all for his own entertainment, but let's wait and see.

Ok it's honest. There are guys that have minor injuries but sit out because they're in contract years so they should say: "I probably could play tonight but I don't want to jeopardize my next contract." That's honest right?

Or guys that leave small markets for big cities should say: "well this place is pretty boring, there's not much to do, and I'll get paid more in endorsements in LA anyway." Honesty!

Since when does honesty give you a pass to say whatever you want? I remember Isiah Thomas being honest and saying Larry Bird wouldn't get as much attention if he wasn't white and I seem to remember his honesty wasn't appreciated very well...

ManRam
03-13-2014, 09:52 PM
Ok it's honest. There are guys that have minor injuries but sit out because they're in contract years so they should say: "I probably could play tonight but I don't want to jeopardize my next contract." That's honest right?

Or guys that leave small markets for big cities should say: "well this place is pretty boring, there's not much to do, and I'll get paid more in endorsements in LA anyway." Honesty!

Since when does honesty give you a pass to say whatever you want? I remember Isiah Thomas being honest and saying Larry Bird wouldn't get as much attention if he wasn't white and I seem to remember his honesty wasn't appreciated very well...

He's being honest about something that's not that awful.

Let's say you're under contract at a job that doesn't want you, yet pays you a **** ton of money. Are you just gonna retire and walk away from the money because it's for the betterment of your company? Hell no. You're gonna keep cashing those checks, like everyone else in the world.

We all want money! Surprise surprise. There's nothing wrong with the honest truth here: Nash wants the money that is guaranteed to him in the contract he signed. NOTHING. It's not greed...because the alternative is basically asking him to walk away from money he's earned so that the LOS ANGELES LAKERS can have a little more money to spend. That's a huge sacrifice. It's not like he's dicking over the United Way here either. It's the LAKERS. A hugely profitable NBA franchise. Why on Earth would the common person have sympathy for their stupid mistake? More relevant to the question: why should Nash? And why should he have to lie about it?

Wanting the money you are owed is not anything anyone needs to lie about :shrug: It's not even really greed in my eyes. Because, again, the alternative is him walking away, sacrificing money that is fairly owed to him and basically being charitable to something that he doesn't have any obligation to be charitable to. Taking his money isn't greed.

JasonJohnHorn
03-13-2014, 09:54 PM
Players have said this kind of thing before. The teams try to get the most out of the players, the players try to get the most out of the team.

If you are on a losing team with no chance of winning entering what may be your last season, the fun is likely gone, and the pain is setting in, especially with his injuries.

Nash does a lot of charity work and is involved in a lot of things, so the fact that he's going to play another year to facilitate that is cool.

I had a job where the only reason I went in is for money, so... hey.

Somebody wanted to pay me 8-10 mil to play basketball when I couldn't preform at my highest level, I'm going to take it. The Lakers offered the longer contract to entice him to leave. Why would he pass up on the incentive?

It's an expiring contract, he could get moved to a contender, or placed on waivers. Who knows. I'd stick it out if I were him too.

Is anybody going to leave 8 mil sitting on the table? Really? And is there any shame in admitting it? The only reason most people do 90% of what they do on a day-to-day basis is for money. Can't fault him for being honest.

KingPosey
03-13-2014, 10:08 PM
If he keeps trying his best to get on the court then I don't mind. Lakers gave him the deal and he would prefer to play and is trying to play.

Tony_Starks
03-13-2014, 10:13 PM
He's being honest about something that's not that awful.

Let's say you're under contract at a job that doesn't want you, yet pays you a **** ton of money. Are you just gonna retire and walk away from the money because it's for the betterment of your company? Hell no. You're gonna keep cashing those checks, like everyone else in the world.

We all want money! Surprise surprise. There's nothing wrong with the honest truth here: Nash wants the money that is guaranteed to him in the contract he signed. NOTHING. It's not greed...because the alternative is basically asking him to walk away from money he's earned so that the LOS ANGELES LAKERS can have a little more money to spend. That's a huge sacrifice. It's not like he's dicking over the United Way here either. It's the LAKERS. A hugely profitable NBA franchise. Why on Earth would the common person have sympathy for their stupid mistake? More relevant to the question: why should Nash? And why should he have to lie about it?

Wanting the money you are owed is not anything anyone needs to lie about :shrug: It's not even really greed in my eyes. Because, again, the alternative is him walking away, sacrificing money that is fairly owed to him and basically being charitable to something that he doesn't have any obligation to be charitable to. Taking his money isn't greed.

Who's asking for sympathy? Who's saying walk away from the money? I'm saying if its me and I know I'm getting paid regardless I'm taking my money and having a coke and a smile.

Sometimes there's no need to state the obvious.

Hellcrooner
03-13-2014, 10:27 PM
If he really said this, lakers need to have their doctors dub him unable to play and send a petition to the league for retirement making it clear that he MALICIOUSLY wnet back to play that 10th game and thus reach an agrement with the league.

1 they PAY the contract

BUT

2 his salary goes oout of the salry cap.

5ass
03-13-2014, 10:57 PM
If he really said this, lakers need to have their doctors dub him unable to play and send a petition to the league for retirement making it clear that he MALICIOUSLY wnet back to play that 10th game and thus reach an agrement with the league.

1 they PAY the contract

BUT

Or the lakers dont get any special treatment and pay fir their mistakes like any other team

xxplayerxx23
03-13-2014, 11:00 PM

1 they PAY the contract

BUT

:laugh: croon logic is back :laugh:

slashsnake
03-13-2014, 11:02 PM
Hmmm, well I am not retiring from my job this year for one reason. I want more money. I Can't argue with someone else saying the same thing.

Hellcrooner
03-13-2014, 11:14 PM
Hmmm, well I am not retiring from my job this year for one reason. I want more money. I Can't argue with someone else saying the same thing.
so.
Out of the last 365 working days.

How many you took off because of being with the flu?

1? 2?

he has taken 340.

smith&wesson
03-13-2014, 11:27 PM
were not talking nickels and dimes. whats he get like 10 million ?? yeah I wouldn't leave that on the table either.

DODGERS&LAKERS
03-14-2014, 12:22 AM
Its only 9 million. There is nobody worth signing anyway this summer. He might be doing us a favor by not allowing us to sign a 30 year old to a 5 year deal. I say don't stretch him, pay him his money, and hope he can play 40 to 50 games.

Sadds The Gr8
03-14-2014, 12:41 AM
were not talking nickels and dimes. whats he get like 10 million ?? yeah I wouldn't leave that on the table either.

I'm not gonna lie. I don't blame Laker fans for being pissed at Nash. If someone like Bargnani did this I'd punch a hole in my wall...

I definitely don't blame Nash tho.

slashsnake
03-14-2014, 12:50 AM
so.

1? 2?

he has taken 340.

Wait, I guess I was wrong. I thought he had a leg injury or something that team doctors hadn’t cleared him to play with. I didn’t know it was the flu. My bad

kobe4thewinbang
03-14-2014, 01:10 AM
Mitch should be fired for acquiring Nash in the way that he did. He gave up a million draft picks, overpaid and didn't make for any special conditions in the contract, should NASH GET INJURED, an opt-out clause, SOMETHING, hire one of the medical guys from Phoenix. I still don't know why the Lakers chose to amnesty Ron Artest instead of Nash.

Hawkeye15
03-14-2014, 01:13 AM
so.

1? 2?

he has taken 340.

we don't have a job that is physically demanding and dependent on us being elite athletes. Signing a 38 year old is a terrible decision in any pro sport.

joshhorvath
03-14-2014, 01:17 AM
i dont mind what Nash is doing, but after ths.. he's on to further buisness ventures. pretty sure he's part owner of the Vancouver MLS team, so he'll need money to put into that, and he's pretty big for Basketball Canada, forget what role he's currently in.. but i know its a front office job. just because he hasnt played that much this year.. doesnt mean he hasnt been working outside of the NBA in other aspects.

slashsnake
03-14-2014, 01:42 AM
Mitch should be fired for acquiring Nash in the way that he did. He gave up a million draft picks, overpaid and didn't make for any special conditions in the contract, should NASH GET INJURED, an opt-out clause, SOMETHING, hire one of the medical guys from Phoenix. I still don't know why the Lakers chose to amnesty Ron Artest instead of Nash.

I believe since Nash was signed after the lockout, he wasn't able to be amnestied (only players on the same team as before the lockout could).

And they didn't get a provision like that because he was not going to get one from NY or Toronto. If they wanted him, they had to pay him like the other teams would.

kobe4thewinbang
03-14-2014, 03:04 AM
I believe since Nash was signed after the lockout, he wasn't able to be amnestied (only players on the same team as before the lockout could).You may be correct. I don't know the specifics.

And they didn't get a provision like that because he was not going to get one from NY or Toronto. If they wanted him, they had to pay him like the other teams would.Well, they shouldn't have taken on an aging player with health concerns without requiring any insurance policy. I would love to see other teams that were in the mix going through 'The Nash Torture' instead of the Lakers. He had maybe one good game last year. His best years were already behind him, but I thought he would contribute to some degree but clearly that has not happened. I don't know how Mitch thought that was a good deal to take, since everybody says the Lakers "rape" other teams in trades. Talk about a role reversal. Sadly, the Lakers have bigger problems than Nash.

Supreme LA
03-14-2014, 04:37 AM
we don't have a job that is physically demanding and dependent on us being elite athletes. Signing a 38 year old is a terrible decision in any pro sport.

That's great. I guess we can just chalk it up to Nash collecting disability at 10 mil a year because he isn't going to play again in any capacity for any stretch of an NBA season.

I understand the Lakers shouldn't have signed him. Believe when I say this is just one of many of the mistakes Jim Buss & Mitch have made out of haste and their way of buying time during these dark years of this franchise. It was a dumb decision made hoping to please fans by just chasing a player with a big name after losing out on CP3. This is also the same reason these that idiot Jim hired Mike D'Antoni. I know this because the Lakers are only about winning championships and there's no way anybody with any basketball knowledge could believe a Mike D'Antoni system could do that. And believe me, I know completely where the blames lies. I'm not disputing that.

It's just ridiculous to me that fans of opposing teams are somehow condoning his comments. I certainly don't believe that had this happen to their favorite team that they would be totally fine with it either. So all of you can just shut up with all of this "Nash is such a classy guy" or "he deserves this for all the years he put in the league" because the only team that owes him is the Suns. It's also no way to go about trying to gain any support from his own team's fan base by making such a stupid statement.

JasonJohnHorn
03-14-2014, 05:33 AM
so.

1? 2?

he has taken 340.

That is a flawed analogy. Firstly, He's injured. Secondly, he's not taking days off. He's at games, he travels with the team often. If you are talking about games played, then no play shows up for work more than 82 days in the regular season. That means every player misses more than 200 days a year.

Come on.

Duncan = Donkey
03-14-2014, 06:28 AM
As would everyone, as if you would retire if you have 9 million on the table.

slashsnake
03-14-2014, 06:51 AM
good point Jason. I am not going to say Kobe has taken off 359 days out there.

He was an aging star, and that is the risk with the NBA where contracts are guaranteed. He was one who missed about 20 games with an injury and other than that had been healthy since the 90's.

I agree on those being bad moves (D'antoni, Nash, Mike Brown, Phil Jackson, waiting too long on Metta, etc...) I hate to bet against Kobe, but his new deal might end up being the worst one.

ldawg
03-14-2014, 07:01 AM
Lakers have made some of the dumbest mistakes in the last few years.

ldawg
03-14-2014, 07:54 AM
Hire the wrong coach not once but twice, taking to long to trade Bynum, After finally trading Bynum the player you trade him for you let him walk to get nothing in return, Sign an 38 year old point guard to a huge contract and give up 4 picks in the process, After seeing all that go wrong they then sign Kobe to a huge contract while its clear they should rebuild. What they thought he would not dog them out while they suck and rebuild under Mike? If Mike is the coach who Kobe and any other player who stands above 6 9" or over 230lbs cant stand. Its going to be funny seeing what they do now. Do you rebuild or you cater to the aged star and prolong the rebuild? its like a now win situation. Kobe contract may hinder any chance of building a true contender over his last two years.

D-Leethal
03-14-2014, 10:09 AM
Greedy, selfish, thug.

Wait, this isn't Melo?

Sactown
03-14-2014, 11:25 AM
I love the "He's to robbing us" ... You payed an extremely old athlete to a three year deal... Obviously the FO should of considered this possibility when negotiating the contract... This is about as far from theft as it gets... You should be more pissed about Kobes new contract

Teeboy1487
03-14-2014, 11:43 AM
I have no problem with what Nash said. He would be a fool to retire now and leave 9 million dollars on the table. Jim Buss is the idiot here. Not only he took on this contract, but he gave away first rounders for an old Nash. Just pure stupidity.

LAcowBOMBER
03-14-2014, 11:44 AM

I'm a Laker fan and I would like him not taking up cap space, but I can't be mad at a guy getting paid because he signed a contract and doesn't want to retire from something he has done his whole life to give a team some cap relief

Tony_Starks
03-14-2014, 11:46 AM
Greedy, selfish, thug.

Wait, this isn't Melo?

If Melo said this he would be a greedy lazy selfish spoiled thug that wants to sit at home and collect a check to get more bling and Bentleys. People would be all on their high horse like "I have to work for my money" blah blah blah.....

But it's Steve Nash and of course it's on the hated Lakers tab so it's ok. He's just being honest.

torocan
03-14-2014, 11:51 AM
If Melo said this he would be a greedy lazy selfish spoiled thug that wants to sit at home and collect a check to get more bling and Bentleys. People would be all on their high horse like "I have to work for my money" blah blah blah.....

But it's Steve Nash and of course it's on the hated Lakers tab so it's ok. He's just being honest.

Melo isn't on his last contract in the waning years of his career. Melo also never took a pay cut.

IF Amare said he's not retiring because he wants to get paid, I wouldn't be mad at all. He's already eating up the contract space, and WE paid him despite all the warnings about his knees. That's on the FO, not on Amare.

The Lakers brought in a 40 year old Nash. They knew the risks. Nash WANTS to play well, but his body won't let him. Now that he can't play, he wants to get paid the agreed amount. I have ZERO problem with that or with Amare getting paid.

Would I prefer Amare to retire and free up the cap space? Of course. However, I don't think less of Amare because he IS getting paid.

WE screwed up by paying him so much IN SPITE of Phoenix making clear that his knees were a risk and choosing to let him go.

Get over it. Nash is getting paid $9m. Be happy that you don't have Amare Stoudemire on your roster and count your blessings.

Tony_Starks
03-14-2014, 12:02 PM
Melo isn't on his last contract in the waning years of his career. Melo also never took a pay cut.

IF Amare said he's not retiring because he wants to get paid, I wouldn't be mad at all. He's already eating up the contract space, and WE paid him despite all the warnings about his knees. That's on the FO, not on Amare.

The Lakers brought in a 40 year old Nash. They knew the risks. Nash WANTS to play well, but his body won't let him. Now that he can't play, he wants to get paid the agreed amount. I have ZERO problem with that or with Amare getting paid.

Would I prefer Amare to retire and free up the cap space? Of course. However, I don't think less of Amare because he IS getting paid.

WE screwed up by paying him so much IN SPITE of Phoenix making clear that his knees were a risk and choosing to let him go.

Get over it. Nash is getting paid $9m. Be happy that you don't have Amare Stoudemire on your roster and count your blessings.

Obviously I meant if Melo was in the same scenario. But you could use anybody. If ZBo did this to Memphis in a few years people would cry bloody murder.

I could care less about the money, it's a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things. I just don't like the hypocrisy.

D-Leethal
03-14-2014, 12:18 PM

Amare has worked harder than anyone in the history of the league and made sure he got back on the court and played nearly this whole season. Nash hasn't been able to play 10 games in the past two years and knows next year will be the same thing. I honestly think Amare would retire if his body complete shut down on him for 2 years straight with no end in sight like this. He has too much pride.

MassoDio
03-14-2014, 12:47 PM
Obviously I meant if Melo was in the same scenario. But you could use anybody. If ZBo did this to Memphis in a few years people would cry bloody murder.

I could care less about the money, it's a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things. I just don't like the hypocrisy.

So basically, what you are saying is, you are basing your distaste in what he said off of conjecture? You don't like what he said because, you think IF....IF....someone else said this, other than Nash...apparently he is the only one in the NBA that can say this and not have people get upset...even though people are still getting upset about it making your point basically moot.....that people would be all up in arms about it?

I would not be upset if Nash, or any other player for that matter, was on my team, in the same situation, and said and did the exact same thing. There is nothing wrong with wanting to be paid what you were promised to be paid. That is what the contract is, a promise for both sides to complete the agreement. There is no stipulation in the contract that is based on games played, therefor, the contract is still valid. I have no problem with Nash wanting to get paid, and being open and honest about it. Every player in every professional sports league is in it for the money. That is the meaning of professional...getting paid.

There are differences in the WAY that you are honest with this type of thing as well. Sometimes the way that athletes say things makes a difference in how people receive it. For example, I have no problem with Latrell Spreewell wanting to be paid more money than he was offered. I do however have a problem with him saying that he can't afford to feed his family on the $6+ mil a year he was offered. That is different than saying that he is not retiring because he wants to be paid.

There is absolutely NOTHING wrong with what Nash said.

ChickenSouvlaki
03-14-2014, 02:48 PM

So you would rather somebody blatantly lies to you rather than tells you the truth, just because the truth isnt pretty?

D-Leethal
03-14-2014, 02:57 PM
So you would rather somebody blatantly lies to you rather than tells you the truth, just because the truth isnt pretty?

Its called being politically correct. There is a way to phrase things when your a public figure. If this was said by an athlete of different.....erm.......you get the picture, the sentiments would be completely different and I think everyone here knows that.

I don't remember the sentiment being so warm and cuddly for Kobe when he took the money at the expense of his team.

D-Leethal
03-14-2014, 02:59 PM
And for one, I am all for open honestly and anti-PC responses. I am against preferential treatment and double standards from fans. Anyone else says this and you guys would crucify them with all the selfish/thug slander your bigoted hearts could muster up.

Hawkeye15
03-14-2014, 03:12 PM
That's great. I guess we can just chalk it up to Nash collecting disability at 10 mil a year because he isn't going to play again in any capacity for any stretch of an NBA season.

I understand the Lakers shouldn't have signed him. Believe when I say this is just one of many of the mistakes Jim Buss & Mitch have made out of haste and their way of buying time during these dark years of this franchise. It was a dumb decision made hoping to please fans by just chasing a player with a big name after losing out on CP3. This is also the same reason these that idiot Jim hired Mike D'Antoni. I know this because the Lakers are only about winning championships and there's no way anybody with any basketball knowledge could believe a Mike D'Antoni system could do that. And believe me, I know completely where the blames lies. I'm not disputing that.

It's just ridiculous to me that fans of opposing teams are somehow condoning his comments. I certainly don't believe that had this happen to their favorite team that they would be totally fine with it either. So all of you can just shut up with all of this "Nash is such a classy guy" or "he deserves this for all the years he put in the league" because the only team that owes him is the Suns. It's also no way to go about trying to gain any support from his own team's fan base by making such a stupid statement.

There you go then. Nash IS a classy guy. Always has been. Doesn't mean he shouldn't be selfish if some team wants to give his old *** $8 million a year.

THE MTL
03-14-2014, 03:13 PM
You know this might be a greedy statement but Nash gets a pass in my book because he has never had a huge NBA contract. He was winning 60 games per season, making allstar teams, all nba teams, while making 11 million per year on average. That's a bargain when second tier players make as much and even more

Tony_Starks
03-14-2014, 03:13 PM
And for one, I am all for open honestly and anti-PC responses. I am against preferential treatment and double standards from fans. Anyone else says this and you guys would crucify them with all the selfish/thug slander your bigoted hearts could muster up.

Basically. Honesty is great but since when has it been ok to be honest to a fault? Everyone knows he's done, he's basically just rubbing people's nose in it and saying its strictly about the money. Which we already know and God bless him but you're going to really publicly put that out there days after you've just been shut down for the 2nd season in a row? Really? That's classy? That's tasteful?

Nash gets a pass because he's the clean cut "good boy" and it's because it's the Big Bad Lakers that are opening the checkbook. Plain and simple.

Anybody that can't see that is either blind, in denial, or naive.

Hawkeye15
03-14-2014, 03:19 PM
Basically. Honesty is great but since when has it been ok to be honest to a fault? Everyone knows he's done, he's basically just rubbing people's nose in it and saying its strictly about the money. Which we already know and God bless him but you're going to really publicly put that out there days after you've just been shut down for the 2nd season in a row? Really? That's classy? That's tasteful?

Nash gets a pass because he's the clean cut "good boy" and it's because it's the Big Bad Lakers that are opening the checkbook. Plain and simple.

Anybody that can't see that is either blind, in denial, or naive.

Because Nash has earned the right. Melo (your example), has not. Melo held a team hostage to trade him, and has had multiple primmadonna acts over his career. Nash has never been an issue in the slightest. This is literally the first time I have been sort of surprised by Nash. At age 40. That tells you all you need to know dude.

You earn your reputation in this world. Nash has earned his, so people are going to let his comment slide on this.

Hawkeye15
03-14-2014, 03:24 PM
looking at salaries, Nash has earned $137 million in his 18 year career. A 2 time MVP, perennial all star, 1st ballot HOF Nash.

KG has made $315 million.
Kobe has made $280 million.
Duncan has made $225 million.
Dirk has made $210 million.
Joe Johnson $200 million.

List goes on.

I have absolutely no problem with this.

The Captain
03-14-2014, 03:27 PM
It's not Nash's fault that the Lakers training staff is not as good as the Suns training staff. (No team's training staff is. The Suns have the best training staff in all of sports.)

:eyebrow: That doesn't make sense. It's not even measurable lol. Why do people state opinions as facts?

Hawkeye15
03-14-2014, 03:28 PM
:eyebrow: That doesn't make sense. It's not even measurable lol. Why do people state opinions as facts?

It is actually measureable. The Suns, year in, and year out, have less injuries, and are able to return players to playing faster than any other team. They are the best training staff in the NBA, hands down.

The Captain
03-14-2014, 03:32 PM

Thought about it. Realized he signed a contract, which Lakers management also signed. That's why he deserves the money. Because he is contracually obligated to receive it as compensation for his being a member of the Los Angeles Lakers. Any more brain busters?

The Captain
03-14-2014, 03:34 PM
It is actually measureable. The Suns, year in, and year out, have less injuries, and are able to return players to playing faster than any other team. They are the best training staff in the NBA, hands down.

Again, it's not measurable. There is no criteria for measuring "best training staff in sports". If there is, please present it to me. Perhaps the Suns are just blessed with great DNA and it has nothing to do with the training staff? I can prove that just as well as anyone can prove they are the best training staff in sports. Lol, you people love to reach.

Tony_Starks
03-14-2014, 03:37 PM
looking at salaries, Nash has earned $137 million in his 18 year career. A 2 time MVP, perennial all star, 1st ballot HOF Nash.

List goes on.

And? That's his agents fault and has no bearing on this. I doubt he'll be working for Walmart when he retires...

The Captain
03-14-2014, 03:38 PM
They are the best training staff in the NBA, hands down.

Cool opinion, bro.

Tony_Starks
03-14-2014, 03:44 PM
Also I find it funny that people are giving him the "he earned it" pass now.

I seem to remember very recently one of the greatest players ever, the most popular player globally, someone that made the league millions, getting gifted a fat contract for his last 2 years as a thank you.

I don't remember all these sentimental "he earned it" comments then. And he didnt even did pull a Nash, he simply said they gave me a offer and I took it and still want to play....

MassoDio
03-14-2014, 03:48 PM

The irony of your post is....that you are stating your opinion to knock what I said.

Your opinion is that I stated that as a fact, when in actuality I stated my opinion. There is no inference there, or mention of me stating that it is a fact. I simply stated my opinion. You taking it as me claiming it as a fact is your own faulty perception.

Plus, you can't prove as fact that there are no measurables. You don't know if the NBA or any other sport has data that would show who the best training staff is (I don't think they do, but the point remains, that you have no idea, so it cannot be stated as fact either. So if you are stating that as fact, you are simply being a hypocrite in those three sentences) That is simply your opinion as well.

And my opinion on that is formed based on many, many athletes who have said as much after joining the team, and also after leaving the team.

And just in case you didn't know where you are....you are on a sports forum. You know...a place where fans go to express their OPINIONS. There is nothing in the rules of this site that state that you must only post facts.

savvy1803
03-14-2014, 03:51 PM
We want our athletes to be honest and more unfiltered but when they do open up they are often penalized for doing so , his comments about wanting the money are as unfiltered as it gets but some people will rip him for it as well . I believe he still wants to play and play well but i don't know if his age and all the injuries he has sustained will ever allow this .

Hawkeye15
03-14-2014, 03:52 PM
Again, it's not measurable. There is no criteria for measuring "best training staff in sports". If there is, please present it to me. Perhaps the Suns are just blessed with great DNA and it has nothing to do with the training staff? I can prove that just as well as anyone can prove they are the best training staff in sports. Lol, you people love to reach.

They have statistically been nearly every year, the team that has the fewest injuries, and have been leaders in modern, state of the art training equipment. It's no coincidence that when players play there, they rarely get hurt. And if they do, their recovery time is less than normal.

That, or they are literally the luckiest team ever in terms of injuries. I tend to think the former is the reason.

Players that have had injury riddled careers (See Grant Hill) go there, and they get healthy. Players that leave there after sustaining an injury, yet its treated and they continue to play well (See Amare), leave, and their body falls apart.

A team like the Bulls, have a poor training staff. They had no clue what they were doing with Rose's injury.

It is easily measurable.

Hawkeye15
03-14-2014, 03:56 PM
We want our athletes to be honest and more unfiltered but when they do open up they are often penalized for doing so , his comments about wanting the money are as unfiltered as it gets but some people will rip him for it as well . I believe he still wants to play and play well but i don't know if his age and all the injuries he has sustained will ever allow this .

I was alluding to this earlier. I am 38. Some days, I feel like I am 28. Some days, I feel like I am 48. Someone my age, who has always taken care of themselves, like Nash has, is going to have a hard time convincing himself that he needs to hang it up. Especially if he really believes he can still play at a high level. He doesn't owe it to the fans, the team, or anyone to retire. It's his career.

Hawkeye15
03-14-2014, 03:58 PM
Many Laker fans are interesting. You have 1-2 down years, and you feel you are justified to whine and complain about this, or anything else. You really have no idea how good you have had it the last 40 years.

Your team has a contract that sucks because he is hurt. Get the **** over it, every team has had them. It's just your turn.

Vinylman
03-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Many Laker fans are interesting. You have 1-2 down years, and you feel you are justified to whine and complain about this, or anything else. You really have no idea how good you have had it the last 40 years.

Your team has a contract that sucks because he is hurt. Get the **** over it, every team has had them. It's just your turn.

thanks for the perennial loser perspective... it's informative

savvy1803
03-14-2014, 04:14 PM
I was alluding to this earlier. I am 38. Some days, I feel like I am 28. Some days, I feel like I am 48. Someone my age, who has always taken care of themselves, like Nash has, is going to have a hard time convincing himself that he needs to hang it up. Especially if he really believes he can still play at a high level. He doesn't owe it to the fans, the team, or anyone to retire. It's his career.
I'm 52 and would kill to be 38 again Hawkeye lol , as for Nash it's got to be the hardest thing when mentally you feel you can still contribute and play at a high level if only your damn body would come along for the ride , it's gotta be killing him after the level of play he had achieved in the past .

Hawkeye15
03-14-2014, 04:17 PM
I'm 52 and would kill to be 38 again Hawkeye lol , as for Nash it's got to be the hardest thing when mentally you feel you can still contribute and play at a high level if only your damn body would come along for the ride , it's gotta be killing him after the level of play he had achieved in the past .

haha, touche.

Yeah, that is what I am getting at. He probably thinks he can still play. Maybe he can, but at this point, he is a waste of a contract.

Hawkeye15
03-14-2014, 04:18 PM
thanks for the perennial loser perspective... it's informative

fortunately I don't live vicariously through my sports teams

DR_1
03-14-2014, 04:20 PM

He is robbing the Lakers, but they knew this might happen. This isn't Nash's fault. As others have said, he's more than earned it and may need the money later in his life.

Vinylman
03-14-2014, 04:21 PM
fortunately I don't live vicariously through my sports teams

I can understand why and glad you don't ...

If you did suicide would be your only solution

Hawkeye15
03-14-2014, 06:15 PM
I can understand why and glad you don't ...

If you did suicide would be your only solution

hahaha, truth!

beasted86
03-14-2014, 07:42 PM

List goes on.

Aside from JJ, Nash isn't as good as any of those players you mentioned. Actually not even close.

Just my opinion, but he deserved neither of his MVP awards and was overrated his entire career with Phoenix. I can't remember anyone in the past 30 years of the league as bad as Nash defensively who was considered an MVP caliber player. Even Dirk was better defensively.

He is also the only guy in the history of the league awarded an MVP and has gone his whole career not reaching the Finals once. You can't exactly count Derrick Rose yet.

Nash deserves his money for other reasons than "back pay".

Slug3
03-14-2014, 07:44 PM

And when they got the 38 year old they act like he wasn't going to ever turn 40.

torocan
03-14-2014, 08:00 PM
Also I find it funny that people are giving him the "he earned it" pass now.

I seem to remember very recently one of the greatest players ever, the most popular player globally, someone that made the league millions, getting gifted a fat contract for his last 2 years as a thank you.

I don't remember all these sentimental "he earned it" comments then. And he didnt even did pull a Nash, he simply said they gave me a offer and I took it and still want to play....

Actually, there was a TON of people that said, "Kobe earned it." It was mostly Laker fans who were freaking out about it, and it was nowhere near unanimous.

The guy made the money for the Buss family 50x over. The Lakers were going into a crap year anyway. If the Buss family want to reward him, I'm perfectly fine with them paying him and him taking the money. Does it potentially hurt the cap space some for a year? Sure. However, it's not likely to be the difference between winning a chip or not winning a chip.

So yes, Kobe DID get a pass from a TON of people.

Does it suck that Kobe got injured? Sure. However, I wouldn't expect Kobe to retire if his body wasn't up to it and pass on the cash. Take the money. He EARNED it for decades of service to the Game.

Nash may not have earned it on the Lakers' team directly, but there was a ton of games that were THAT much better for Every fan of the NBA because of Steve Nash.

Was giving Kobe a truckload of money the best basketball decision? Was giving Nash a huge contract the best basketball decision? Probably not if you want to boil it down to efficiency. However, that's on the FO.

I would never begrudge these guys their money. Especially when it's Billionaires footing their paychecks. Especially when the reason that they're NOT on the court is NOT their fault. You think Kobe and Nash wouldn't rather be on the court? You think they WANT to be injured? That they don't want to be chasing a ring?

These are guys that ran into Father Time and crap luck. And Money for all it's shiny beauty will never fill the hole that Nash and Kobe are feeling right now as they sit on the sidelines.

Hawkeye15
03-14-2014, 08:13 PM
Aside from JJ, Nash isn't as good as any of those players you mentioned. Actually not even close.

Just my opinion, but he deserved neither of his MVP awards and was overrated his entire career with Phoenix. I can't remember anyone in the past 30 years of the league as bad as Nash defensively who was considered an MVP caliber player. Even Dirk was better defensively.

He is also the only guy in the history of the league awarded an MVP and has gone his whole career not reaching the Finals once. You can't exactly count Derrick Rose yet.

I don't think he deserved the MVP's either, I am simply saying someone with his accolades and pedigree should have earned more money. And I think you underrate Nash's impact. He was statistically one of the biggest reasons his team won over his career.

TheMightyHumph
03-14-2014, 08:20 PM
Nash deserves the money because Lakers signed him knowing his age and injury history. Nash gets to collect on his contract.

And everyone knows if Nash could be playing, he would be playing

Supreme LA
03-14-2014, 08:45 PM

I would love for you to specify exactly who you think he deserves this money from? If it's "back pay" than it certainly isn't owed by the Lakers. If it's just for the dumbass Lakers FO for signing him than I have no argument. I just don't like all this talk about people saying he deserves all the money for what he's done.

I hope you understand that the majority of Laker fans don't have a problem placing the blame on our FO. I just want to make it clear that it still doesn't make his comments okay considering he most likely didn't gain any support from his own team's fan base by making such a stupid comment whether he was being truthful or not. All he really had to say was that he's going to work as hard as he can to earn the money he was given by the Lakers. That's all we as fans want to hear. Is that really so bad????

Tony_Starks
03-14-2014, 09:42 PM

For me it has nothing to do with the Lakers and everything to do with the lame double standard regarding Nash. If he was a Celtic I would say the exact same thing. We've smashed the league for the better part of 3 decades, I can take a L.

The only way I see the Lakers playing a role in this by people who don't like them already basically saying Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah......

Hawkeye15
03-14-2014, 10:35 PM
For me it has nothing to do with the Lakers and everything to do with the lame double standard regarding Nash. If he was a Celtic I would say the exact same thing. We've smashed the league for the better part of 3 decades, I can take a L.

The only way I see the Lakers playing a role in this by people who don't like them already basically saying Nah Nah Nah Nah Nah......

refer to my post before. Nash has always been a great professional. To use your example, Melo, do you really not understand why he wouldn't be criticized for the same action?

And no, fact is, EVERY team has had a player or far more, who sucked them dry while being injured. The mere fact you guys signed a 38 year old to a big deal was ridiculous to begin with. Live with it.

beasted86
03-14-2014, 10:38 PM
I would love for you to specify exactly who you think he deserves this money from? If it's "back pay" than it certainly isn't owed by the Lakers. If it's just for the dumbass Lakers FO for signing him than I have no argument. I just don't like all this talk about people saying he deserves all the money for what he's done.

I hope you understand that the majority of Laker fans don't have a problem placing the blame on our FO. I just want to make it clear that it still doesn't make his comments okay considering he most likely didn't gain any support from his own team's fan base by making such a stupid comment whether he was being truthful or not. All he really had to say was that he's going to work as hard as he can to earn the money he was given by the Lakers. That's all we as fans want to hear. Is that really so bad????
He deserves his money simply because the Lakers signed him on their own free will under this same GM and ownership group. This is not a scenario where the last GM/owner signed him, the new GM/owner doesn't want him, and they can't reach an agreement to part ways.

Deadpool
03-14-2014, 11:51 PM
Can you blame him? I'd take the money if I was in his shoes. Especially since his career is over after next season.

TheMightyHumph
03-15-2014, 12:51 AM

So you wanted Nash to be a politician and lie right in the face of every NBA fan. Nash don't play that, and you should be ashamed that you'd prefer that Nash lied.

Nash turned down more money to sign with the Lakers (which was a REALLY stupid signing by the Lakers).

Now the Lakers must honor Nash's contract, and Nash wants his money, as would ANY POSTER in this forum.

And if you say you'd turn down the money, you are a LIAR.

Supreme LA
03-15-2014, 01:22 AM
So you wanted Nash to be a politician and lie right in the face of every NBA fan. Nash don't play that, and you should be ashamed that you'd prefer that Nash lied.

Nash turned down more money to sign with the Lakers (which was a REALLY stupid signing by the Lakers).

Now the Lakers must honor Nash's contract, and Nash wants his money, as would ANY POSTER in this forum.

And if you say you'd turn down the money, you are a LIAR.

No you dense ignorant ******. It wouldn't be a lie for him to simply say he's gonna do his best to earn the money that is being given to him because I have no doubt he has those intentions. There's are just something you just don't say. You especially shouldn't say those things when your own fan base needs to hear those words from you.

And have I said anything about him accepting the money? Have I said anything about what anybody else would do? You come in here all riled up with preconceived notions of what you think I think when you don't know a damn thing. So stfu and go away.

TheMightyHumph
03-15-2014, 02:00 AM
No you dense ignorant ******. It wouldn't be a lie for him to simply say he's gonna do his best to earn the money that is being given to him because I have no doubt he has those intentions. There's are just something you just don't say. You especially shouldn't say those things when your own fan base needs to hear those words from you.

And have I said anything about him accepting the money? Have I said anything about what anybody else would do? You come in here all riled up with preconceived notions of what you think I think when you don't know a damn thing. So stfu and go away.

I understand. The truth offends you, and it is because of people like you that America is in the state it is in.

Congratulations.

Supreme LA
03-15-2014, 02:25 AM
I understand. The truth offends you, and it is because of people like you that America is in the state it is in.

Congratulations.

Yes, because sports and politics are so synonymous. I don't even know how to talk to someone as dense as you. Remember, you're the one who got all riled up and started attacking me for what you thought I was saying when I wasn't. Go away.

TheMightyHumph
03-15-2014, 02:46 AM
Yes, because sports and politics are so synonymous. I don't even know how to talk to someone as dense as you. Remember, you're the one who got all riled up and started attacking me for what you thought I was saying when I wasn't. Go away.

The fact that you think that they are not synonymous tells everyone what they need to know about you and your level of intelligence.

Thanks for clearing that up for us.

Sadds The Gr8
03-15-2014, 04:13 AM
I wonder if Laker fans are also mad at Kobe for taking up half their damn cap, considering he made similar comments to this when he signed his extention.

Kashmir13579
03-15-2014, 04:30 AM
Its funny to me that Nash is getting blasted for basically admitting what many players before him would not admit.. Nash = good guy. Everyone should know this...

Kashmir13579
03-15-2014, 04:31 AM
The fact that you think that they are not synonymous tells everyone what they need to know about you and your level of intelligence.

You haven't been perma-banned, yet?

Duncan = Donkey
03-15-2014, 04:59 AM
Good on ya Steve, keep cashing those cheques baby.

Supreme LA
03-15-2014, 05:17 AM

The fact that you think they are synonymous tells me everything I need to know about you. Like I said, you came in attacking me for things I didn't say. Just go away.

Chrisclover
03-15-2014, 06:34 AM
Let me say something. Like some guys said, it is our FO ,who was too hasty to revive our legendary franchise, that needs to be blamed. Nash is just being honest here.
Probably, what we can do now is ignore the score board and enjoy the rest of Kobe 's and Nash 's career. :facepalm:

TheMightyHumph
03-15-2014, 12:47 PM
You haven't been perma-banned, yet?

Stop with all the love

TheMightyHumph
03-15-2014, 12:49 PM
The fact that you think they are synonymous tells me everything I need to know about you. Like I said, you came in attacking me for things I didn't say. Just go away.

You don't really want me to go away.

amak316
03-15-2014, 01:48 PM
Can't blame the Lakers for gambling they paid a guy 9m that had an upside value of 20M and a downside value of 0 (he's 38 and obviously a good chance of injury). You don't get your money back when the gamble fails.

Whatever they decided to do with Kobes ludicrous contract though is so far from even gambling, that was just a donation and will be the move that sets the Lakers back 5 years.

Hawkeye15
03-15-2014, 02:02 PM
I wonder if Laker fans are also mad at Kobe for taking up half their damn cap, considering he made similar comments to this when he signed his extention.

he "earned" it. But Nash has not "earned" the right to cash in on big last contracts...

QueensG_718
03-15-2014, 02:03 PM
Can't blame the Lakers for gambling they paid a guy 9m that had an upside value of 20M and a downside value of 0 (he's 38 and obviously a good chance of injury). You don't get your money back when the gamble fails.

Whatever they decided to do with Kobes ludicrous contract though is so far from even gambling, that was just a donation and will be the move that sets the Lakers back 5 years.

I agree. At this point Kobe is not worth 25 mil or whatever it is. That was a stupid move on the Lakers part. Lol

Supreme LA
03-15-2014, 04:14 PM
I agree. At this point Kobe is not worth 25 mil or whatever it is. That was a stupid move on the Lakers part. Lol

I agree. But what could they do? He is the leagues biggest draw for fans and I'm pretty sure he had a lot to do with that big Time Warner contract so the Lakers could afford it. I've expressed my frustrations about Kobe for not taking a paycut so that we could sign some big name players but I don't blame the guy. I certainly don't blame Nash for taking the money either.

Teeboy1487
03-15-2014, 04:35 PM
he "earned" it. But Nash has not "earned" the right to cash in on big last contracts...

He did earn it. However, I'm mad as hell. I love Kobe and he's my favorite player of all-time but no way he should have been signed for that kind of money especially for 2 years. I thought the extension was dumb. I don't blame Kobe at all for taking it. He would have been a fool to turn down over 40 million dollars for 2 years when it should have been 20 at the most imo.

RaginRondo17
03-15-2014, 05:13 PM

How old was he when your management gave him that deal? Live with it.

RLundi
03-15-2014, 05:14 PM
He sounds like a selfish prick and it sounded even worse watching him say it but I have no problem with it. We as fans don't want to hear that but it's true -- players play for the paycheck first. You just hope that they also have a big enough will to win. I'm a teacher and while I like my job and want to help students learn, first and foremost I am receiving a paycheck. No parent wants to hear that but it's true. I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing.

sunsfan88
03-16-2014, 12:29 AM
Lmao at a Laker fan saying that Nash doesn't have class.

He became the classiest Laker of all time the moment that he got traded to LA.

Vinylman
03-16-2014, 12:42 PM

great thread... it is always awesome to get the perspective of fans of unsuccessful teams.

Thanks

0nekhmer
03-16-2014, 12:49 PM
The ring is out of his reach at this point, so get that money!

hoggin88
03-16-2014, 02:29 PM
I can't be mad about someone wanting the money their employers agreed to pay them. And I can't be mad about him being honest either. Good for him.

cubbie92
03-16-2014, 02:29 PM
Its funny to me that Nash is getting blasted for basically admitting what many players before him would not admit.. Nash = good guy. Everyone should know this...

Yeah, there's a reason no one ever admits it; because it's disrespectful to the organization you play for and the fans who pay to see you play. If I'm Lakers fan and Steve Nash basically says "I know I'm done and can't play anymore, but I'll continue to handicap the franchise and take up space just so I can continue to add to my millions", how on Earth would I be able to support that player? He might not be a "bad guy", but he's not exactly smart either.

kartyea
03-16-2014, 03:13 PM

This is the problem with knick fans now they are concerned with the things they shouldn't be concerned about. Everyone is worried about how much money management gave a player, and then blames the player for getting it whether he under petforms or is injured. This is sports and real life for these players and their financial situation should come before how a fan feels. If it was you, you'd want your money, but since its not you talk and think irrational.

All knick fans want to gm and listen to reporters on the best way to build a team, while neither of the two qualify to be a waterboy more or less a front office job in the nba. I'm speaking as a knick fan who's tired of knick fans worried about other people's money. Blame your front office for contracts you don't like, for example Tyson Chandler, but don't hate the player for taking what someone pays him.

Hawkeye15
03-16-2014, 04:23 PM
He did earn it. However, I'm mad as hell. I love Kobe and he's my favorite player of all-time but no way he should have been signed for that kind of money especially for 2 years. I thought the extension was dumb. I don't blame Kobe at all for taking it. He would have been a fool to turn down over 40 million dollars for 2 years when it should have been 20 at the most imo.

and Nash would have been a fool if he turned down 3 years guaranteed at $25 million. That is my point.

Like I said, every fanbase has had contracts that were terrible. Guys who sign a long term deal, and then can never stay healthy. It is what it is. You can be upset about it, but every team deals with it.

NBA_Starter
03-16-2014, 08:26 PM
and Nash would have been a fool if he turned down 3 years guaranteed at $25 million. That is my point.

Like I said, every fanbase has had contracts that were terrible. Guys who sign a long term deal, and then can never stay healthy. It is what it is. You can be upset about it, but every team deals with it.

But it seemed like an even bigger gamble with Nash.

sunsfan88
03-17-2014, 02:10 AM
great thread... it is always awesome to get the perspective of fans of unsuccessful teams.

Thanks
Lol you do realize that the Suns have the 4th highest winning percentage in NBA history right? Unfortunately they just don't have the rings to show for it.

IKnowHoops
03-17-2014, 02:52 AM
If anyone has a problem with him saying it, they are dumb. It's not classless at all.

What's classless is the idiots that say, I need $5M instead of $4M because I have to feed my family. That is stupid.

But if you said to me you can play another year and get paid $10M or whatever he's getting paid, then I'm going to be like yeah I want the money to play a game.

None of its stupid. None of its classless. Maybe the "feed my family" line is funny, but saying "I want the money" is basically the same. If sprewell would of said I want 5 instead of 4 because "I want the money" then its all good? Who cares what they say. Its all about the money. And every player/person should try and maximize there salary in any situation. There is never a fault in it. Which is also why it is so funny that the Heat players get hated on for taking less money. No shortage of haters in the world.

P&GRealist
03-17-2014, 03:32 AM
Lol you do realize that the Suns have the 4th highest winning percentage in NBA history right? Unfortunately they just don't have the rings to show for it.

Congrats on being a regular season team.

b@llhog24
03-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Great

Sent via Tapatalk

Vinylman
03-17-2014, 10:17 AM

Thanks again. Unfortunately, I have never really focused on a stat like that. I can understand why you would though.

Good Luck on maintaining that ranking

JJ_JKidd
03-19-2014, 06:21 AM
theres a big difference between WANT and NEED.

Duncan = Donkey
03-19-2014, 06:49 AM

Thanks

God i hate doucheags like you, think your awesome because your a gloryhunter fan

lakerfan85
03-19-2014, 08:11 AM

Put the crack pipe down...

DLeeicious
03-19-2014, 09:36 AM

It's classless to speak candidly about your situation? It's no secret that even rich athletes like more money. Would you prefer for athletes to just say the standard BS garbage that every athlete says in every interview or have a guy speak the truth? To me it's a breath of fresh air to hear a straight shooter like Nash in this spot.

NYKnickFanatic
03-19-2014, 09:47 AM
So you guys would prefer athletes to LIE about it, rather than being honest, like Nash was here?

I respect him for being upfront about it.

RLundi
03-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Thanks again. Unfortunately, I have never really focused on a stat like that. I can understand why you would though.

Honestly, can you please give it a rest and just shut up already?

KiNgSuNs1
03-19-2014, 05:19 PM
Hes going to do everything he can to come back and play, so this is okay that he said that since it is his last year to earn any money.

Vinylman
03-19-2014, 06:35 PM
God i hate doucheags like you, think your awesome because your a gloryhunter fan

no worries... i can understand your frustration... it appears you are a fan of one of the most inferior bands to ever put out an album... maybe you can meet the same fate as your bands lead singer... just a thought

Vinylman
03-19-2014, 06:37 PM
Honestly, can you please give it a rest and just shut up already?

It's ok man... just use the ignore function ... it is your friend...

although i can understand your frustration based on the NBA team you back... good luck in the future with your teams perennial rebuild... draft night must be exciting for you

NBA_Starter
03-19-2014, 08:15 PM
Hes going to do everything he can to come back and play, so this is okay that he said that since it is his last year to earn any money.

Hopefully he can get one more good year in, it would be sad for him to go out in this fashion.

ztilzer31
03-19-2014, 08:37 PM

Really? Dude you're just building for a huge **** storm man.

Lakers are in for a decade of ****. I hope it humbles you lol.

JWorthy42
03-19-2014, 08:48 PM

I love how by saying that you are just further proving to be a fan of some inferior team. Your logic is literally this:

-Lakers always win championships
-My team sucks ***
-I hope the Lakers dont win anything ever again, because my team never won ****
-That would make me happy

ztilzer31
03-19-2014, 09:02 PM
I love how by saying that you are just further proving to be a fan of some inferior team. Your logic is literally this:

-Lakers always win championships
-My team sucks ***
-I hope the Lakers dont win anything ever again, because my team never won ****
-That would make me happy

I'm actually a fan of a team that doesn't exist anymore.

But I'd rather be a fan of the Sonics then of the worst team in Cali.

Sorry I just live in reality. Where the Lakers have a dumbass owner, a bunch of over payed old farts, and a dumbass coach.

Keep strutting though.

JWorthy42
03-19-2014, 09:09 PM
I'm actually a fan of a team that doesn't exist anymore.

But I'd rather be a fan of the Sonics then of the worst team in Cali.

Sorry I just live in reality. Where the Lakers have a dumbass owner, a bunch of over payed old farts, and a dumbass coach.

Keep strutting though.

I'd love to see your face in 2 years.

goingfor28
03-19-2014, 09:10 PM

Truth

Duncan = Donkey
03-19-2014, 11:15 PM
no worries... i can understand your frustration... it appears you are a fan of one of the most inferior bands to ever put out an album... maybe you can meet the same fate as your bands lead singer... just a thought

And now your proving your a douchebag. Also now that the Lakers suck what team will you support now? Miami?

P&GRealist
03-19-2014, 11:44 PM
So you guys would prefer athletes to LIE about it, rather than being honest, like Nash was here?

I respect him for being upfront about it.

He was upfront AFTER he fulfilled his little bizass 10 game policy crap and sat down for the rest of the season.

That's what make him such a cheap disgusting Canadian moose piss ringless POS

cmellofan15
03-19-2014, 11:46 PM
He was upfront AFTER he fulfilled his little bizass 10 game policy crap and sat down for the rest of the season.

You act is if you know the guy..

P&GRealist
03-19-2014, 11:49 PM
You act is if you know the guy..

Nobody is questioning his willingness to rehab. But it was clear with everyone that he just wanted to get those 10 games in by any means necessary.

He played the first 6 games, got injured, and then comes back in February to play the final 4 games to reach that 10-game incentive, and then after that 10th game, all of a sudden, he gets shut down?

Duncan = Donkey
03-19-2014, 11:53 PM

True, he doesn't give a **** about the Lakers. I love that he is cashing those cheques and enjoying seeing the Lakers get their *** kicked every night. He hates the Lakers and the Lakers are paying him, its hilarious.

TheMightyHumph
03-19-2014, 11:58 PM
I want the money too.

P&GRealist
03-20-2014, 12:03 AM
True, he doesn't give a **** about the Lakers. I love that he is cashing those cheques and enjoying seeing the Lakers get their *** kicked every night. He hates the Lakers and the Lakers are paying him, its hilarious.

And he'll end up ringless. No worries.

He can take his worthless self back to PHX or Canada or wherever the hell he ends up.

Duncan = Donkey
03-20-2014, 12:12 AM
And he'll end up ringless. No worries.

He can take his worthless self back to PHX or Canada or wherever the hell he ends up.

Im sure not having a ring is going to haunt him for the rest of his life:laugh2: Its clearly not a big deal to him as he signed his last contract for the Lakers. He went where the money was, the money was in LA, lol

P&GRealist
03-20-2014, 12:13 AM
Im sure not having a ring is going to haunt him for the rest of his life:laugh2: Its clearly not a big deal to him as he signed his last contract for the Lakers. He went where the money was, the money was in LA, lol

Then good for him.

Duncan = Donkey
03-20-2014, 12:15 AM
Then good for him.

yes, it is good for him.

P&GRealist
03-20-2014, 12:25 AM
yes, it is good for him.

What are you his lackey?

Duncan = Donkey
03-20-2014, 12:44 AM
What are you his lackey?

:laugh2: Honestly made me laugh

Vinylman
03-20-2014, 09:31 AM
And now your proving your a douchebag. Also now that the Lakers suck what team will you support now? Miami?

I will always root for the Lakers... they will be back eventually unlike your favorite band...

Vinylman
03-20-2014, 09:33 AM

the psychology of a fan of inferior teams... it is so informative...

good luck getting INXS back together

Vinylman
03-20-2014, 09:35 AM

I am literally shaking in my boots... oooh a **** storm...

color me frightened

Duncan = Donkey
03-20-2014, 07:16 PM
I will always root for the Lakers... they will be back eventually unlike your favorite band...

Lakers are done lol, have fun next year

BULLSFAN0810
03-20-2014, 09:52 PM
im not mad@ Nash for getting paid..every team he has been on he was under paid bigtime.would i want him on my team eating up money? WE GOT BOOZER...ID TAKE A BROKE DOWN NASH OVER HIM. would i like it? NO. but Nash deserves his money,he is 1 player im not overly upset at doing this ...even if he was on my team

RLundi
03-20-2014, 10:09 PM

although i can understand your frustration based on the NBA team you back... good luck in the future with your teams perennial rebuild... draft night must be exciting for you

Lol you're so pathetic. I've had this exact same conversation with you before. Please stop determining your self-worth by your favorite sports team. It makes you look like you have no real-life accomplishments. Seriously, either grow up. Or start achieving. No adult should be that defensive when it comes to their favorite team.

Also, the Lakers are terrible, so what are you arguing? Past succes? Okay, you got me there. I offer you the same good fortune on draft night and on the rebuild. With Buss at the helm, you'll need it.

Hawkeye15
03-20-2014, 10:12 PM

This is the 5-6th post I have seen from you dumping on other fanbases because your team has succeeded.

You do realize you don't, nor ever have played for the Lakers, right?

But, keep acting like an elitist over something none of us can control, it makes you look so bad azz...

kingsdelez24
03-20-2014, 11:29 PM
So apparently he's cleared to play tomorrow

This is going to be interesting

P&GRealist
03-20-2014, 11:35 PM
Lol Woj bomb says Nash playing tomorrow. Well good for him.

Vinylman
03-21-2014, 08:02 AM
Lol you're so pathetic. I've had this exact same conversation with you before. Please stop determining your self-worth by your favorite sports team. It makes you look like you have no real-life accomplishments. Seriously, either grow up. Or start achieving. No adult should be that defensive when it comes to their favorite team.

Also, the Lakers are terrible, so what are you arguing? Past succes? Okay, you got me there. I offer you the same good fortune on draft night and on the rebuild. With Buss at the helm, you'll need it.

Thanks for the good wishes on draft night... your years of experience on such issues is solace to those of us who haven't experienced it very often. You have a lot to offer when it comes to a track record of disappointments...

Please continue to share your insights... the are very informative.

Vinylman
03-21-2014, 08:04 AM
This is the 5-6th post I have seen from you dumping on other fanbases because your team has succeeded.

You do realize you don't, nor ever have played for the Lakers, right?

But, keep acting like an elitist over something none of us can control, it makes you look so bad azz...

Maybe I should refrain from thanking you guys for your insights on perennial losing... it seems you are all a bit defensive. I only participate to develop a better understanding of things I am not accustomed to. I guess the social convention here would be to apologize...

I am sorry you are a timberwolves fan...

Did I do that right?

dnl123
03-21-2014, 08:47 AM
Maybe I should refrain from thanking you guys for your insights on perennial losing... it seems you are all a bit defensive. I only participate to develop a better understanding of things I am not accustomed to. I guess the social convention here would be to apologize...

I am sorry you are a timberwolves fan...

Did I do that right?

Let's be clear you participate and troll because you're arrogant and likely a teenager or 20 something who still freeloads off his parents. It's easy to be bold on a computer screen buddy. Seems you think you have accomplished something vicariously through the Lakers, but likely you haven't done anything in your own life to be proud of. Maybe you should fix that.
I would recommend some serious time away from the computer and Lakers so you can differentiate between your life and the Lakers.

I am sorry you are a total douche.

Did I do that right?

NYKnickFanatic
03-21-2014, 09:04 AM
Let's be clear you participate and troll because you're arrogant and likely a teenager or 20 something who still freeloads off his parents. It's easy to be bold on a computer screen buddy. Seems you think you have accomplished something vicariously through the Lakers, but likely you haven't done anything in your own life to be proud of. Maybe you should fix that.
I would recommend some serious time away from the computer and Lakers so you can differentiate between your life and the Lakers.

Did I do that right?

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m961tmUFcj1r3qnxf.gif

Vinylman
03-21-2014, 09:27 AM

Did I do that right?

ah yes, another Minnesota fan... please impart to me your knowledge on misery...

as for your analysis of me... not even close and quite laughable... keep trying though it is entertaining...

1-800-STFU
03-21-2014, 10:48 AM
Good for Nash. This certainly won't endear him to any fans but it isn't their money, no reason for anything get their panties in a bunch.

likemystylez
03-21-2014, 11:03 AM

wasnt it a sign and trade?

LOL- its pretty obvious he was chasing a ring (or my guess is that he would have stayed in Phoenix). It didnt work out in LA with dwight or kobe getting hurt... but when nash signed, most people thought the lakers would be on top of the west.

xxplayerxx23
03-21-2014, 11:34 AM
Way to go Nash get that money.

eDush
03-21-2014, 11:16 PM
At least he is honest which I can't say for many other players in the league. If you want the money, go get it which is what Nash is doing.

I hate the Lakers so this is one way of getting at them, WTG Nash! :clap:

EvanTurner
03-22-2014, 12:44 AM
If a so call black person said this the media and the moronic fans would be in a frenzy! But since a red/pink person said it the response is its not a big deal and he deserves it blah blah blah.

goku
03-22-2014, 12:47 AM
If a so call black person said this the media and the moronic fans would be in a frenzy! But since a red/pink person said it the response is its not a big deal and he deserves it blah blah blah.

I agree with what u said even though laker fans may disagree lol but Steve nash is real for saying this cause any other person would do the same I laughed so hard at the interview but nash is right

Deadpool
03-22-2014, 06:02 AM
Nash had 5 points, 11 assists, 4 boards, and 3 steals in 19 minutes of action, even though they lost he was a +8 on the court. Not bad for a 40 year old pg.