PDA

View Full Version : Do The Heat Stand A Chance Against The Thunder In A Possible Finals Mtach-up?

RocketLoc80
03-12-2014, 12:00 PM
Do they one simple question?

kdspurman
03-12-2014, 12:05 PM
Do you mean does OKC stand a chance?

beyourself
03-12-2014, 12:10 PM
Does Russell Westbrook want to be Finals MVP? If yes then I'd give them a 5% chance of beating the Heat.

85BearsDefense
03-12-2014, 12:18 PM
Does the 2 time NBA Champs who beat a better Thunder team in 5 games stand a chance against the Thunder. Are you kidding me?

torocan
03-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Troll thread much?

Seriously, you don't get to make this thread when OKC isn't even the defending WESTERN Conference champion...

SportsFanatic10
03-12-2014, 12:56 PM
lol bad matchup for okc, the question should be reversed.

Kushed
03-12-2014, 01:35 PM
I don't know if people have not been paying attention but Wade is slowly coming into form here and looks to be really healthy considering the last couple of years.. A healthy LeBron and Wade at their best beats a healthy KD and Westbrook..

Throw in the Heats shooters who always shoot better in the playoffs then no the Thunder don't have a chance

leprechaun5
03-12-2014, 01:41 PM
ok

NYCkid12
03-12-2014, 02:01 PM
the question should be do the Thunder stand a chance against the Heat? And the answer would be no

Max.This
03-12-2014, 02:11 PM
if we're posing a question of whether the heat stands a chance against any team it would be "Do they stand a chance against a healthy Pacers team with a healthy Bynum?

ManRam
03-12-2014, 02:14 PM
I wouldn't favor them, but of course they "stand a chance"...

RocketLoc80
03-12-2014, 02:25 PM
I wouldn't favor them, but of course they "stand a chance"...

So who wins the series?

justinnum1
03-12-2014, 02:28 PM
The heat own the thunder.

:laugh2:

Big Zo
03-12-2014, 02:28 PM
No. Okc has Kendrick Perkins.

ManRam
03-12-2014, 02:36 PM
So who wins the series?

I think I'd favor OKC a tad at this point in time. But we're still a ways away. A lot of question marks at this point...mostly with Wade. If he's looking strong through their run in the East then I'd probably lean Miami. If he's anything at all like he was last year, I'd lean OKC. A lot of other variables too.

It's too early to really speculate tho. We're still a long ways away, and who knows, maybe neither team even makes it there :shrug: Stranger things have happened (mainly in regards to the Heat, because the West is brutal and OKC making it out of there is not probable).

Hawkeye15
03-12-2014, 02:38 PM
The Heat really did a good job of limiting Wade's games played and minutes throughout the season. If he enters the playoffs, and plays like he has the last month, the Heat will be the favorites to win it all. OKC would need HCA to be a better favorite most likely.

Depends on Wade's knees imo. If he resembles the Wade we saw in last years playoffs, I don't think Miami can even make the finals. If he resembles the player we have been seeing the last month or so, they will be very tough to beat.

kingkenny01
03-12-2014, 02:41 PM
of course they do, they have the best player in the game today Chris "birdman" anderson

Slug3
03-12-2014, 02:47 PM
of course they do, they have the best player in the game today Chris "birdman" anderson

Birdman! Birdman!

True Sports Fan
03-12-2014, 02:47 PM
It's the other way around at this point

whyumadbro!
03-12-2014, 02:49 PM
Ignore a troll's thread/comment and they troll you for a day. Respond to a trolls thread/comment and they troll you for a lifetime.

Mr_Jones
03-12-2014, 02:58 PM
okc ***** the bed against them

Sandman
03-12-2014, 02:59 PM
I don't know if people have not been paying attention but Wade is slowly coming into form here and looks to be really healthy considering the last couple of years.. A healthy LeBron and Wade at their best beats a healthy KD and Westbrook..

Throw in the Heats shooters who always shoot better in the playoffs then no the Thunder don't have a chance
Wade is like Shaq from the Lakers run. He just has to have it together in the playoffs.

Though with the Heat that might just be the conference finals and finals

Jamiecballer
03-12-2014, 03:05 PM
Does Russell Westbrook want to be Finals MVP? If yes then I'd give them a 5% chance of beating the Heat.

winner.

Jeffy25
03-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Do the Heat stand a chance?

Of course. If your question was do the Bucks stand a chance, then no.

But the Heat very well could win this rematch.

Tony_Starks
03-12-2014, 03:45 PM
They match up well with OKC but if they should lose just remember this phrase that will be said: "it was all Wades fault."

beyourself
03-12-2014, 06:21 PM
The Thunder only have 3 quality players on their team. KD will show up. Ibaka will show up. Westbrook may be spectacular or horrible. He's a wild card.

The problem is that the Thunder are so thin. Sefolosha is a very good perimeter defender. Other than that all the role players do their role horribly.

Steven Adams, Perkins and Thabeet are just big and sit in the paint. They do nothing.

Jeremy Lamb is ballhog who literally sucks at every facet of the game.

Perry Jones just doesn't get involved and it's a shame.

Reggie Jackson and Fisher are total defensive liabilities and can't rebound for crap.

At least Caron Butler gives them a spot up shooter which we needed

Where is the help coming from? The Thunder need more help.

nastynice
03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
I think the real question here is do the heat stand a chance against charlotte, who would be their first round match up if the playoffs were starting today.

I, as well as probably 95% of this forum, obviously say no. But I'm sure there are some people that feel if all the bounces and all the calls goes the Heat's way, they may have a slim shot. I'd love to hear their opinions...

Tony_Starks
03-12-2014, 06:29 PM
The Thunder only have 3 quality players on their team. KD will show up. Ibaka will show up. Westbrook may be spectacular or horrible. He's a wild card.

The problem is that the Thunder are so thin. Sefolosha is a very good perimeter defender. Other than that all the role players do their role horribly.

Steven Adams, Perkins and Thabeet are just big and sit in the paint. They do nothing.

Jeremy Lamb is ballhog who literally sucks at every facet of the game.

Perry Jones just doesn't get involved and it's a shame.

Reggie Jackson and Fisher are total defensive liabilities and can't rebound for crap.

At least Caron Butler gives them a spot up shooter which we needed

Where is the help coming from? The Thunder need more help.

Doesn't sound like you watch very many Thunder games. For starters why would Fish and Jackson be expected to rebound? And when did Fisher stop being s tough defender that hits clutch threes? Also no mention of Butlers defense?

Anyways the Thunder are a solid playoff 8 deep rotation which is pretty damn good when 2 of those guys are the best players in the game and another one is arguably the best defensive Big in the game....

beyourself
03-12-2014, 06:34 PM
Doesn't sound like you watch very many Thunder games. For starters why would Fish and Jackson be expected to rebound? And when did Fisher stop being s tough defender that hits clutch threes? Also no mention of Butlers defense?

Anyways the Thunder are a solid playoff 8 deep rotation which is pretty damn good when 2 of those guys are the best players in the game and another one is arguably the best defensive Big in the game....

Perkins is nowhere near the best defensive big in the game. That's why we have to take him out against the pick and roll for damn near the entire game because he's too slow.

Fisher is 39 he doesn't D up anymore.

I don't know how the role players are very good in OKC. They aren't IMO.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2014, 06:58 PM
Perkins is nowhere near the best defensive big in the game. That's why we have to take him out against the pick and roll for damn near the entire game because he's too slow.

Fisher is 39 he doesn't D up anymore.

I don't know how the role players are very good in OKC. They aren't IMO.

I think he meant Ibaka....

But yeah, the Thunder will need KD to be amazing to win a chip. No way around it. Kind of how the Heat needed LeBron to be amazing the past 2 years. Is KD up to it? We shall see...

beyourself
03-12-2014, 07:21 PM
I think he meant Ibaka....

But yeah, the Thunder will need KD to be amazing to win a chip. No way around it. Kind of how the Heat needed LeBron to be amazing the past 2 years. Is KD up to it? We shall see...

I agree, but at least the Heat had shooters and Birdman (not a total waste at Center). The Thunder are too thin IMO to win the title. They won't.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2014, 07:26 PM
I agree, but at least the Heat had shooters and Birdman (not a total waste at Center). The Thunder are too thin IMO to win the title. They won't.

well, you can't say that now. On paper, a healthy Miami team is just better. They have the better player (until Durant TAKES that away from LeBron), and have proven it on the biggest stage despite Wade sucking major balls last year in the playoffs. If he enters the playoffs healthy, and stays that way, it will be so hard to beat them. Imagine how easily Miami wins last year if Wade isn't an average starting SG in the playoffs, instead his normal self....

beyourself
03-12-2014, 07:38 PM
well, you can't say that now. On paper, a healthy Miami team is just better. They have the better player (until Durant TAKES that away from LeBron), and have proven it on the biggest stage despite Wade sucking major balls last year in the playoffs. If he enters the playoffs healthy, and stays that way, it will be so hard to beat them. Imagine how easily Miami wins last year if Wade isn't an average starting SG in the playoffs, instead his normal self....

I said the Thunder are too thin to win. The Heat are deep enough IMO.

Tony_Starks
03-12-2014, 07:39 PM
If Im the Heat Im more worried about Indy than anybody else. Whoever survives Wild Wild West will be beat up....

SportsFanatic10
03-12-2014, 08:01 PM
They match up well with OKC but if they should lose just remember this phrase that will be said: "it was all Wades fault."

practically the only times wade has ever under performed is when injured. and yes he gets hurt often as of late but with no meniscus in his left knee his whole career it's not surprising now that he's in his 30s. but if he's injured it's hardly his fault. that's like blaming kobe for the lakers losing in the 1st round last year because kobe was hurt and couldn't play lol. but ya if wade's healthy the heat are winning it again, there's definitely a lot riding on his knees.

lajoie
03-12-2014, 08:07 PM
If the Thunder keep playing defense like they have for the past 3 weeks, they'll be very lucky to win one round.

Tony_Starks
03-12-2014, 08:12 PM
practically the only times wade has ever under performed is when injured. and yes he gets hurt often as of late but with no meniscus in his left knee his whole career it's not surprising now that he's in his 30s. but if he's injured it's hardly his fault. that's like blaming kobe for the lakers losing in the 1st round last year because kobe was hurt and couldn't play lol. but ya if wade's healthy the heat are winning it again, there's definitely a lot riding on his knees.

I'm being sarcastic man I'm just talking about the narrative that says whenever the Heat lose its because of Wade and whenever they win its in spite of Wade. I could've sworn they have the "best player," another allstar, and a team full of snipers but Wade just playing average is somehow the difference maker?

He gets a lot of disrespect from some Heat and non-Heat fans. Especially to be playing on a degenerative bone-to-bone knee. In reality if he avgs 15 for the playoffs with the occasional outburst they still have enough talent to win.

beyourself
03-12-2014, 08:14 PM
I'm being sarcastic man I'm just talking about the narrative that says whenever the Heat lose its because of Wade and whenever they win its in spite of Wade. I could've sworn they have the "best player," another allstar, and a team full of snipers but Wade just playing average is somehow the difference maker?

He gets a lot of disrespect from some Heat and non-Heat fans. Especially to be playing on a degenerative bone-to-bone knee. In reality if he avgs 15 for the playoffs with the occasional outburst they still have enough talent to win.

I agree. He's so unappreciated. They go after him because he's a big name player and Heat fans are looking a whipping boy.

lol, please
03-12-2014, 08:35 PM

Did you mean the other way around? Out of the west only the Rockets and Warriors should be favored against the Heat, the Pacers, that's another story.

SportsFanatic10
03-12-2014, 08:37 PM

ok cool my bad...the disrespect just gets so annoying. and you're right people probably would say that to lol. i do think they'll need him playing at a high level to do it this year though. the pacers are gonna put up a huge fight and they need wade playing well enough for the heats talent to overcome the rebounding deficit they'll almost for sure face in nearly every game.

whyumadbro!
03-12-2014, 08:55 PM
Wrong place.

Trwood12
03-12-2014, 09:16 PM
They have a chance but it will be a tough match-up. If the game does go down I will probably go for the Thunder. I'd like to see KD win a championship to cement himself as MVP.

NBA_Starter
03-12-2014, 09:17 PM
Of course, I think the Heat would be the favorite.

slashsnake
03-12-2014, 09:29 PM
ok cool my bad...the disrespect just gets so annoying. and you're right people probably would say that to lol. i do think they'll need him playing at a high level to do it this year though. the pacers are gonna put up a huge fight and they need wade playing well enough for the heats talent to overcome the rebounding deficit they'll almost for sure face in nearly every game.

Agree, he doesn't need to be every night, consistent Wade, but like a couple nights ago, he needs to have those games where he shows up and takes over the game here and there.

Pacers are going to be tough, So will whomever comes out of the west. The heat at times can play a full level above anyone else out there, but don't do it consistently. They aren't that lock for a championship or even making it out of the east that some of the great teams have been in years past.

Yanks All Day
03-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Reverse the question.

Miami is a terrible matchup for OKC.

Dade County
03-12-2014, 09:43 PM

:laugh:

One day congress will step in and stop all of this madness, so until then... NBA = Entertainment

IversonIsKrazy
03-12-2014, 09:56 PM
OKC, honestly, cannot beat Miami nor Indy in a 7-game series this year. I really hope they Dont make finals this year, it would be crap to watch. Spurs, and hell even possibly LAC-HOU-GSW could possibly have a better chance than OKC beating Miami or Indy.

RocketLoc80
03-14-2014, 01:39 PM
Upping

Hawkeye15
03-14-2014, 01:45 PM
If Im the Heat Im more worried about Indy than anybody else. Whoever survives Wild Wild West will be beat up....

yeah, but the west has won plenty of chips in the last 20 years, despite having a MUCH harder time getting through its own side of the playoffs.

SportsFanatic10
03-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Upping

you haven't heard enough laughter at this thread yet lol?

PhillyFaninLA
03-14-2014, 02:14 PM
Do the 2 time defending champs have a chance?.....this is a puzzler

beliges
03-14-2014, 03:07 PM
The Heat have the better all around talent (the best in the NBA), while the Thunder are not that far behind. The only thing that will get the Thunder over the Heat in a 7 game series is the superior play of Durant over LBJ so far this season, and home court advantage.

RocketLoc80
03-14-2014, 03:32 PM
The Heat have the better all around talent (the best in the NBA), while the Thunder are not that far behind. The only thing that will get the Thunder over the Heat in a 7 game series is the superior play of Durant over LBJ so far this season, and home court advantage.

So you think that`s what gonna happen? So they heat don`t have a shot?

Goose17
03-15-2014, 11:40 AM
If OKC face Miami in the final, it won't get past five games. Sorry OKC fans.