PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Are Being Slept On

Monta is beast
03-12-2014, 04:04 AM
First off, no Rockets fans allowed, they don't understand anything if it has to do with he Warriors. In the first half of the season the Warriors had two major issues, turnovers and the worst bench in the NBA. Let me break it down.

Starting Five:

The Warriors have the best starting five in the league. They have four players in the top five in +/-, Iguodala 1st (+463), Curry 3rd (+462), Lee 4th (+429) and Thompson 5th (+426). Only one other team in the league has multiple players in the top ten. The Warriors starters outscore opponent starters 77 to 66.8.

Bench Play:

The Warriors had the worst bench in the NBA before the all-star break. Pre all-star weekend they were being outscored 31.5 to 24.1 a night and only playing 70 minutes a night. Since the all-star break (Addition of Steve Blake and Jermaine O'Neal getting healthy) the Warriors bench is outscoring the opponents bench 38.3 to 32.1. That's a +13.3 difference. Not only that, but the bench is playing 95.9 minutes a night. What that means is the starters are playing less minutes, Curry -5.9, Thompson -8.8, Iguodala -3.4, Lee -3.0 and Bogut -1.8.

Turnovers:

Pre all-star break they were averaging 15.7 turnovers per game, post all-star break there averaging 12.8 turnovers per game. The Steve Blake addition was the most underrated addition of the trade deadline.

Defense:

The Warriors are ranked third in defensive efficiency, 6th in overall rebounding and 6th in average scoring margin.

10-2 since the all-star break, 10 of the final 17 at home and probably gonna end up as the 5th seed. All that and Curry is arguably the third best player in the game and shows up for the big moments. Take for example last years playoffs, two game winning shots this season and leads the NBA in 4th quarter scoring. Were not going to have home court, but were one of the best road teams in the league anyways. I'm not saying anything, but were being slept on.

John Walls Era
03-12-2014, 05:32 AM
ok

Monta is beast
03-12-2014, 05:54 AM
cool guy

WARRIORS@GR
03-12-2014, 06:05 AM
Curry shows up in the big moments?Ask PraiseJesus about that.

asandhu23
03-12-2014, 06:11 AM
must be uncomfortable to be slept on.

Heediot
03-12-2014, 06:14 AM
Living in the eastern time zone, sometimes I can't stay up to watch them. So yeah, I do sleep on them.

WARRIORS@GR
03-12-2014, 06:25 AM
And i don't think the Warriors are being slept on,at least by most reasonable posters in here.
Everybody knows the Warriors are in the same tier with Clippers-Houston-maybe Portland(i don't think so) as 'secondary' contenders behind Spurs and OKC.Every stat and ranking shows that,2-3 wins less than those teams do not mean much.
Everything is possible for those 3 teams,they could be a 1st round exit,or even go to the Finals.
Only think the Warriors won't have is HCA.As good as they are on the road,i'd take a Game 7 in Oracle instead of playing in Houston or Staples or OKC

YoungOne
03-12-2014, 06:39 AM
warriors fan posting about the warriors beeing slept on.. seeems legit

Hawkeye15
03-12-2014, 07:39 AM
Funny. Outside the obvious contenders, EVERY single media outlet or talk show host I hear says they are the next team they would bet on to win it all.

The Warriors are not being slept on. In fact, they really haven't played up to their potential throughout the year, for various reasons. If they enter the playoffs healthy, they join the pack of teams that could either make the WCF's, or flame out in round 1. West is so good this year.

c.c.
03-12-2014, 08:39 AM
warriors fan posting about the warriors beeing slept on.. seeems legit

^
^

2-ONE-5
03-12-2014, 09:54 AM
no theyre not. but they will get bounced in the first round

True Sports Fan
03-12-2014, 10:54 AM
Is everyone gonna make threads about their teams now?

COOLbeans
03-12-2014, 11:02 AM
Jordan Crawford's played well, another mid season acquisition, and hasn't gotten enough credit (Per Mark Jackson).

conway429
03-12-2014, 11:06 AM

isn't that what 90% of PSD has always been about?

COOLbeans
03-12-2014, 11:06 AM
^
^

no theyre not. but they will get bounced in the first round

Objective Rockets fans giving their 2 cents. Good going Rockets! :clap:

COOLbeans
03-12-2014, 11:09 AM

So I guess that's not allowed psd nazi, with a join date of 2012?

ztilzer31
03-12-2014, 11:20 AM
Funny. Outside the obvious contenders, EVERY single media outlet or talk show host I hear says they are the next team they would bet on to win it all.

The Warriors are not being slept on. In fact, they really haven't played up to their potential throughout the year, for various reasons. If they enter the playoffs healthy, they join the pack of teams that could either make the WCF's, or flame out in round 1. West is so good this year.

This x10000.

I keep hearing excuses for when they lose, and how they're the greatest when they win. I hope they do well because of that dedicated fan base, but they are a bit overrated IMO.

CluTcH_c1tY
03-12-2014, 11:24 AM
I'm going to disagree Chicago tore them up not to long ago. Nice stretch of games, but let's see how they do when they play the tier 1 teams on the road. Also quit mentioning Curry in last year's playoffs, that came and went.

torocan
03-12-2014, 11:51 AM
*Yawn*. Can you call it "sleeping" on a team that's in the 6th seed, and *STILL* generally acknowledged as a tier 2 contender in the West with the Clippers and Houston?

I mean seriously, how insecure are you? You need a pat on the head?

Oh, poor guy...

Yes, Steph Curry is great. Yes, the Warriors have a very good defense. No, their record doesn't reflect how good they're supposed to be. And they had some bad luck with injuries. It's SO hard playing without Iguodala. I know, I know... nobody respects the Warriors. If only they understood your team like You do...

Feel better now?

Seriously. How much credit do you expect when you're the freaking SIXTH seed? And to any Warrior fans who think that GSW is a tier 1 contender? REALLY? GTFO.

Tier 1 contenders don't choke away as many games as GSW has this year, with or without Andre Iguodala.

Houston has played FAR better than GSW this season and Houston still isn't a Tier 1 contender. Hell, many of us won't even slot the Clippers as a Tier 1 contender. How on earth any of you expect us to give GSW that kind of credit when most of us won't give the Rockets or Clippers that kind of credit, I have no clue...

Tier 1 contenders
Spurs
Pacers
Heat
OKC

Tier 2 contenders
Clippers
Houston
GSW (count yourself lucky you're even rated THIS highly give how inconsistent GSW has been all season)

This is worse than talking to a girl that's fishing for compliments in a bar... at least there's a potential upside when you play that game. :facepalm:

WARRIORS@GR
03-12-2014, 12:04 PM
^
Who has the Warriors in tier 1?
Every serious post i've seen by Warriors fans puts them exactly in the same tier with you.
I've seen many haters talking about the Warriors not even making the playoffs etc etc..

Stinkyoutsider
03-12-2014, 12:20 PM
Before the additions of Crawford and Blake, I would have thought about bringing Iggy off the bench to help solidify that area of the team. Now that both those guys are combining with the rest of the bench and are playing well, the Warriors are looking like a very dangerous team.

If Klay gets hot, I don't think anyone wants to play the Warriors in the playoffs. Games slow down in the postseason but it won't matter quite as much if you've got 2 guys (Klay, Curry) who can hit shots from anywhere on the court and under defensive pressure.

Toxeryll
03-12-2014, 12:20 PM
not really, i actually think theyre overrated

WARRIORS@GR
03-12-2014, 12:28 PM
not really, i actually think theyre overratedBy who and why?

lincecum=future
03-12-2014, 12:33 PM
*Yawn*. Can you call it "sleeping" on a team that's in the 6th seed, and *STILL* generally acknowledged as a tier 2 contender in the West with the Clippers and Houston?

I mean seriously, how insecure are you? You need a pat on the head?

Oh, poor guy...

Yes, Steph Curry is great. Yes, the Warriors have a very good defense. No, their record doesn't reflect how good they're supposed to be. And they had some bad luck with injuries. It's SO hard playing without Iguodala. I know, I know... nobody respects the Warriors. If only they understood your team like You do...

Feel better now?

Seriously. How much credit do you expect when you're the freaking SIXTH seed? And to any Warrior fans who think that GSW is a tier 1 contender? REALLY? GTFO.

Tier 1 contenders don't choke away as many games as GSW has this year, with or without Andre Iguodala.

Houston has played FAR better than GSW this season and Houston still isn't a Tier 1 contender. Hell, many of us won't even slot the Clippers as a Tier 1 contender. How on earth any of you expect us to give GSW that kind of credit when most of us won't give the Rockets or Clippers that kind of credit, I have no clue...

Tier 1 contenders
Spurs
Pacers
Heat
OKC

Tier 2 contenders
Clippers
Houston
GSW (count yourself lucky you're even rated THIS highly give how inconsistent GSW has been all season)

This is worse than talking to a girl that's fishing for compliments in a bar... at least there's a potential upside when you play that game. :facepalm:

You sound pretty butthurt bro

torocan
03-12-2014, 12:37 PM
You sound pretty butthurt bro

I'm strange that way. I find it annoying when people make a thread just to troll for compliments to their team.

Now, if he wasn't a GSW fan and was a fan of a different team posting about GSW, I'd probably look at it differently...

Blitzbolt
03-12-2014, 12:53 PM
The Grizzlies are being hibernated AGAINTS. Grizz>Warriors.

Goose17
03-12-2014, 12:56 PM
MIBs... this was just an awful idea.

Warriors have done nothing to deserve being mentioned as a contender, we've underachieved all season, no doubt we're MUCH better now than we were at the start of the season, and are looking solid heading into the post season (I've been saying this, some teams are built for the regular season, think last years Denver, some teams are built for the playoffs).

But regardless, this thread was needless and a horrible idea. You're only feeding the trolls.

This will be my first and last post, I want nothing to do with this. I'm out.

WARRIORS@GR
03-12-2014, 12:57 PM
The Grizzlies are being hibernated AGAINTS. Grizz>Warriors.:laugh:

tr3ymill3r
03-12-2014, 01:12 PM
If the playoffs started today the Warriors would play the Clippers 5 times before the Warriors season is over. Everyone sleeps on teams that get bounced in the first round.

Guppyfighter
03-12-2014, 01:19 PM
This thread makes all Warrior fans look like *******s, but the Warriors are fourth in SRS of all West teams. You can't put Rockets and Blazers ahead us as contenders. Especially the Blazers.

Rockets and Warriors are close enough in almost every metric stat where it is basically they are equally capable.

likemystylez
03-12-2014, 01:25 PM

Warriors have done nothing to deserve being mentioned as a contender, we've underachieved all season, no doubt we're MUCH better now than we were at the start of the season, and are looking solid heading into the post season (I've been saying this, some teams are built for the regular season, think last years Denver, some teams are built for the playoffs).

But regardless, this thread was needless and a horrible idea. You're only feeding the trolls.

Goose this is sort of being a troll in itself (starting this thread). Its going to create controversy.

Being a warrior fan, I am far from a homer. I know the warriors are a lot better, and I cant think of any team in any sport that has such an inconsistent level of effort. Being someone who watches every single game- they can literally be a completely different team from one half to the other. There doesnt seem to be a consistent desire by the players on the floor. And worse of all- its baffling for a team to have that many offensive weapons, and yet opt to play isolation One on five offense 3/4 of the time they are on the floor.

Whats odd about the effort thing is- They play defense pretty consistently (another thing that the national fan base doesnt really see). They seem to lack effort on the offensive side of the ball. Thats bizarre and really kind of explainable. Theyve literally slept walked through at least 7 or 8 completely winnable games.

I dont expect them to have the respect of the rest of the league. A lot of other teams are taking games seriously while the warriors appear to be screwing around half the time. I know mark jackson says its a process- but it shouldnt be a process to get guys to play with effort. Every man on the suns roster comes out and plays with effort (which is why that group of talent have a chance to make the playoffs in the west).

When the warriors are in the first round, they will likely be able to decide whether they want to win the series or not. If they think its worth putting effort into it- my guess is they win. If they sit around and watch one player go one on five and dont try to create quality shots then they lose. The scary thing is- Nobody has any idea what motivates the players to play with effort. One thing Ive learned about the warriors- whether they win or lose a game has nothing to do with the talent level or the schemes that the other team is using- it really typically comes down to effort on the warriors part.

TrueFan420
03-12-2014, 01:29 PM
If the playoffs started today the Warriors would play the Clippers 5 times before the Warriors season is over. Everyone sleeps on teams that get bounced in the first round.

The clippers want none of that the warriors got. The warriors have outplayed them head to head last two years. As well as the clippers have been known to underperform in the playoffs.

alexander_37
03-12-2014, 01:58 PM
:horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse::horse:: horse:

lol, please
03-12-2014, 02:06 PM
First off, no Rockets fans allowed, they don't understand anything if it has to do with he Warriors. In the first half of the season the Warriors had two major issues, turnovers and the worst bench in the NBA. Let me break it down.

Starting Five:

The Warriors have the best starting five in the league. They have four players in the top five in +/-, Iguodala 1st (+463), Curry 3rd (+462), Lee 4th (+429) and Thompson 5th (+426). Only one other team in the league has multiple players in the top ten. The Warriors starters outscore opponent starters 77 to 66.8.

Bench Play:

The Warriors had the worst bench in the NBA before the all-star break. Pre all-star weekend they were being outscored 31.5 to 24.1 a night and only playing 70 minutes a night. Since the all-star break (Addition of Steve Blake and Jermaine O'Neal getting healthy) the Warriors bench is outscoring the opponents bench 38.3 to 32.1. That's a +13.3 difference. Not only that, but the bench is playing 95.9 minutes a night. What that means is the starters are playing less minutes, Curry -5.9, Thompson -8.8, Iguodala -3.4, Lee -3.0 and Bogut -1.8.

Turnovers:

Pre all-star break they were averaging 15.7 turnovers per game, post all-star break there averaging 12.8 turnovers per game. The Steve Blake addition was the most underrated addition of the trade deadline.

Defense:

The Warriors are ranked third in defensive efficiency, 6th in overall rebounding and 6th in average scoring margin.

10-2 since the all-star break, 10 of the final 17 at home and probably gonna end up as the 5th seed. All that and Curry is arguably the third best player in the game and shows up for the big moments. Take for example last years playoffs, two game winning shots this season and leads the NBA in 4th quarter scoring. Were not going to have home court, but were one of the best road teams in the league anyways. I'm not saying anything, but were being slept on.
:clap: :clap: Go Dubs!

All-In
03-12-2014, 02:22 PM
Their offense this year when Curry goes to the bench scores 91points per 100 possessions(nba.com)….thats horrible….their offense can devolve at times doing too many ISO post-ups…maybe that’s why their 4th QTR stats for offensive rating, FG% and 3% are slightly down from their overall game totals….and I don’t think Mark Jackson knows his lineups yet…I love Draymond Green..when hes on-court the team allows 97.3 points per 100 possessions…better then team avg(99)……..I hate Barnes…when hes off-court the teams off. Rating is 109 and def rating is 95….but still has played 400 more min than Green…..If all these improve…which I think they can….then I like their chances

tr3ymill3r
03-12-2014, 03:30 PM
The clippers want none of that the warriors got. The warriors have outplayed them head to head last two years. As well as the clippers have been known to underperform in the playoffs.

This is part of the reason why nobody takes the Warriors or the fans serious. The Clippers could very well represent the Western Conference in the Finals, whereas at the beginning of the season the Warriors were in that conversation but quickly fell out of the conversation by sub par play for a majority of the season.

kylem4711
03-12-2014, 03:31 PM

haha. this is just like a clippersfan86 type of thread.

ChicagoFan4Eva
03-12-2014, 03:49 PM
I think they will get a 2nd round exit again.

likemystylez
03-12-2014, 03:57 PM
I think they will get a 2nd round exit again.

well to do that, they would have to either eliminate the clippers or the rockets in the first round

Chronz
03-12-2014, 04:14 PM
Wouldn't this imply that no one takes them seriously?

Unless you mean they should be favored in any series against the teams seeded higher than them, in which case I can only see the case against the Blazers. As it stands, I give them enough respect to rather face a team like Portland, Phx, Memphis, and Dallas over them but I dont fear them enough to want a team like the Spurs/OKC instead. They've gotten enough respect IMO, and it is based on their play.

Sadds The Gr8
03-12-2014, 04:14 PM
I think they will get a 1st round exit.

Fixed

poleandreel
03-12-2014, 04:18 PM
They aren't better than OKC, San Antonio, LA, or Memphis.

COOLbeans
03-12-2014, 04:22 PM
This was probably started as a troll thread, but some of you people have been exposed as un-objective and are sleeping on the Warriors like the op said.

tredigs
03-12-2014, 04:41 PM
Who here can tell me how to look up team efficiency (just standard offensive/defensive pace adjusted scoring) for the past 5/10/15 (whatever X) number of games? I'm guessing this can be done on BBREF but I'm failing right now, any hints/other sites?

As far as the Warriors, I'll be very impressed if they can win versus LAC on the b2b tonight. If they can do that in convincing fashion being the 6 point underdogs, I'll think they're being slept on. They've just been way too streak this season, but I think they'll still have a nice playoff run depending on their 1st round matchup.

Tony_Starks
03-12-2014, 05:12 PM
I got the Warriors top of the 2nd tier over Portland and Houston. Now what they need to do is get a serious run going to get that 5th spot because I don't see them beating OKC, Spurs, or Clippers...

mrblisterdundee
03-12-2014, 05:20 PM
They're decent, but they're definitely not contenders and not any better than my favorite team, Portland.

FOBolous
03-12-2014, 05:23 PM
This was probably started as a troll thread, but some of you people have been exposed as un-objective and are sleeping on the Warriors like the op said.

so the only way for people to be "un-objective" is to not sleep on the Warriors? :eyebrow: but anyways, i like to note that most of the people who responded aren't Rockets fans so i don't see why they would be "un-objective."

houstonfan
03-12-2014, 05:33 PM
They are obviously the best team in the NBA and will be for the next 10 years. Im not sure how anyone could sleep on this team.

Blitzbolt
03-12-2014, 05:45 PM
This one Warriors fan once told me that Bogut was better then Marc asol..... -_-

Monta is beast
03-12-2014, 05:54 PM
Marc Gasol>Bogut, no doubt. But I'm saying the Warriors are a tier 1 team..best starting five, very good bench, great defensive team, good rebounding team, and a star player. what other qualifications do you need to be considered great. and ppl act like a ****in thread has to be perfect..its a website made for discussing sports teams..what are we doing...discussing a sports team. you can say im being a homer, but im not just giving facts as to why the warriors are a tier 1 team

TrueFan420
03-12-2014, 05:54 PM
This is part of the reason why nobody takes the Warriors or the fans serious. The Clippers could very well represent the Western Conference in the Finals, whereas at the beginning of the season the Warriors were in that conversation but quickly fell out of the conversation by sub par play for a majority of the season.

Dude the warriors won't lose to the clippers in 5. They could lose to them but not in 5 and it would be a very good series. I obviously favor them as a fan but head to head as well as the clippers underwhelming performances in the playoffs (outside of Paul) supports. As it stands right now in the West OKC and Spurs are the favorites and tier 1 teams. Tier 2 in no order is rockets, clippers, warriors and blazers. And the suns, mavs or grizz if they make it are all capable teams as well. Anyone in the west can beat anyone.

But if your so certain if the warriors match up against the clippers I'll sig bet you that we don't lose in 5.

Monta is beast
03-12-2014, 05:55 PM
They're decent, but they're definitely not contenders and not any better than my favorite team, Portland.

haha....ha

TrueFan420
03-12-2014, 05:58 PM
Marc Gasol>Bogut, no doubt. But I'm saying the Warriors are a tier 1 team..best starting five, very good bench, great defensive team, good rebounding team, and a star player. what other qualifications do you need to be considered great. and ppl act like a ****in thread has to be perfect..its a website made for discussing sports teams..what are we doing...discussing a sports team. you can say im being a homer, but im not just giving facts as to why the warriors are a tier 1 team
We're not tier one just yet. If we had this same bench and played like this all year with effort every game then yea but we haven't. If we sustain this for the rest of the year and make a deep run. Then next year you have a case. But part of being in that top class is consistency. Until we show that we're tier two.

Blitzbolt
03-12-2014, 06:06 PM
I rather be under the radar I don't give a dam about being 1st 2nd or 5th tier team come playoff time all that BS goes out the window.

CluTcH_c1tY
03-12-2014, 06:19 PM
They'll likely play either of these teams in the 1st round (OKC, LAC, HOU) if that's the case I think they get eliminated in the 1st round.

torocan
03-12-2014, 06:22 PM
^
Who has the Warriors in tier 1? Every serious post i've seen by Warriors fans puts them exactly in the same tier with you. I've seen many haters talking about the Warriors not even making the playoffs etc etc..

:facepalm:

COOLbeans
03-12-2014, 06:23 PM
They'll likely play either of these teams in the 1st round (OKC, LAC, HOU) if that's the case I think they get eliminated in the 1st round.

And you base that on what? Besides hope..

nastynice
03-12-2014, 06:33 PM
The Grizzlies are being hibernated AGAINTS. Grizz>Warriors.

lol

As a dubs fan, I really don't agree with the op. Most people have us as a tier 2 team, and I think that's exactly where we stand right now. Matter of fact, hou and lac are probably ahead of us in that 2nd tier, I really think hou is kinda borderline tier 1 actually.

Our front office is pretty amazing, and we have a squad that's reasonably capable of taking it all this year. But so do a lot of other teams who are a lot more proven than us. So there's really no reason to think we're being underrated imo.

JEDean89
03-12-2014, 06:35 PM
Warriors are just not quite there in the West, in the East, they're the 3rd seed no doubt, but in the West, they are a 1st round exit still. The Rockets, Clipps, Thunder and Spurs are all clearly better and the Mavs, Grizz and The Suns are right there with them.

tr3ymill3r
03-12-2014, 06:45 PM
so the only way for people to be "un-objective" is to not sleep on the Warriors? :eyebrow: but anyways, i like to note that most of the people who responded aren't Rockets fans so i don't see why they would be "un-objective."

This basically sums it up. The OP created a thread for the Warriors just to be mentioned because all of PSD aside from the GS forum is sleeping on the Warriors. If you're sleeping on the Warriors you're clearly "un-objective" but if you're not sleeping on the Warriors you're just delusional.

likemystylez
03-12-2014, 06:56 PM
Warriors are just not quite there in the West, in the East, they're the 3rd seed no doubt, but in the West, they are a 1st round exit still. The Rockets, Clipps, Thunder and Spurs are all clearly better and the Mavs, Grizz and The Suns are right there with them.

STILL??? LOL the warriors havent lost in the first round in 20 yrs!

kylem4711
03-12-2014, 06:58 PM

I'd rather have the heat, pacers, spurs, thunder when healthy, and clippers when healthy over the Warriors starters.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

lol, please
03-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Who here can tell me how to look up team efficiency (just standard offensive/defensive pace adjusted scoring) for the past 5/10/15 (whatever X) number of games? I'm guessing this can be done on BBREF but I'm failing right now, any hints/other sites?

As far as the Warriors, I'll be very impressed if they can win versus LAC on the b2b tonight. If they can do that in convincing fashion being the 6 point underdogs, I'll think they're being slept on. They've just been way too streak this season, but I think they'll still have a nice playoff run depending on their 1st round matchup.
I'm pretty sure it can be done on basketball-reference which is what I use, I just don't have time to sort the filters out right now. I pretty much keep a tab open all the time with our page up since I have to constantly debunk mightybosstones myths about the mighty warriors via advanced metrics. ;)

Tony_Starks
03-12-2014, 07:54 PM
Dude the warriors won't lose to the clippers in 5. They could lose to them but not in 5 and it would be a very good series. I obviously favor them as a fan but head to head as well as the clippers underwhelming performances in the playoffs (outside of Paul) supports. As it stands right now in the West OKC and Spurs are the favorites and tier 1 teams. Tier 2 in no order is rockets, clippers, warriors and blazers. And the suns, mavs or grizz if they make it are all capable teams as well. Anyone in the west can beat anyone.

But if your so certain if the warriors match up against the clippers I'll sig bet you that we don't lose in 5.

Is their some reason you acknowledge the Clipps as a top tier? Best pg in the game, Blake playing at MVP level, great bench and great coach?

They may very well end up #1 in the West, what more do you want?

TrueFan420
03-12-2014, 08:07 PM
Is their some reason you acknowledge the Clipps as a top tier? Best pg in the game, Blake playing at MVP level, great bench and great coach?

They may very well end up #1 in the West, what more do you want?

One they won't end up as best in the west. Highest they will get is 3. And yes there is a reason. Outside of Chris Paul they shrink in the playoffs. Yes with Doc as their coach now that's less likely but till I see it their still second tier. As well as Houston showing they can do it together in the playoffs. Warrior showed they can do it in the playoffs but don't bring a consistent level of engery which is why I place them second tier. If they all bring it in the playoffs and the warriors step up their level of effort in the regular season for the rest of the year I'd put all 3 in the first tier.

And to clarify getting down in the playoffs does require advancing this year for those teams as the west is crazy. Tho I expect whichever team gets Portland should move on. All 3 match up well and will be tough if it goes 6-7 all close that's cool. If they get blown out then no.

siix
03-12-2014, 08:25 PM
like the warriors but lets be honest their not getting pass the second round....

KnicksorBust
03-12-2014, 08:28 PM
This thread reeks of homerism. The amount of praise they have gotten is greater than or equal to the amount of success they have had this season, therefore, no one is sleeping on them.

KnicksorBust
03-12-2014, 08:29 PM
And for the record, this is coming from someone who actually predicted they would make the finals this season.

lol, please
03-12-2014, 08:34 PM
And for the record, this is coming from someone who actually predicted they would make the finals this season.

Like your username, it's finals or bust for the Warriors.

goku
03-12-2014, 08:38 PM
I got the Warriors top of the 2nd tier over Portland and Houston. Now what they need to do is get a serious run going to get that 5th spot because I don't see them beating OKC, Spurs, or Clippers...

rockets have been on fire other then the loss against the thunder last night best record since jan 1st and the warriors are better ........lol

I see them out in the first round this yr live and die by jumpers more so then the other teams in the west outside of Portland and the suns maybe the mavs

yes they advanced last yr as a 6th seed against the nuggets team without any star players curry was the best player in that series this time they will be facing teams with equal if not more star power in the Rockets spurs clips or thunder

NBA_Starter
03-12-2014, 09:19 PM
They are closing in on the Blazers fast, how far do you think they can go up the West standings?

Trwood12
03-12-2014, 09:20 PM
I say they get blown out first round by Huston or the Clippers depending on what spot they end up in. Unless of course it's an upset. They just aren't on that level yet. Maybe in the next season or two they will be.

houstonfan
03-12-2014, 09:28 PM
I'm pretty sure it can be done on basketball-reference which is what I use, I just don't have time to sort the filters out right now. I pretty much keep a tab open all the time with our page up since I have to constantly debunk mightybosstones myths about the mighty warriors via advanced metrics. ;)

lol. I dont know if you claiming they are better than the Rockets with no facts and him using facts to make his point that the Rockets are better means you are "debunking his myths"....

odiz
03-12-2014, 09:43 PM

Were only 1 1/2 games out of the 5th seed and 3 1/2 out of the 4th seed. Most teams have 17 or 18 games left. Id be real surprised if we don't at least catch Portland (They just aren't as good as they played the first 20-25 games of the season and they are really starting to show it now).

Id say chances are its a Rockets/Warriors first round series most likely in Houston. I cant wait.

IversonIsKrazy
03-12-2014, 09:50 PM
I don't think Warriors are underrated at all. Everyone sees them as a threat in WEst conf, especially considering their lower seed of possibly being 6 or 7 seed. I feel most ppl see them as a team they DONT want to face first round. Personally, I feel Spurs are a legit contender. OKC is a team that can come out of West, however wont beat either Indy nor Miami. Then u have LAC-GSW-HOU who can make deep runs and be darkhorses. Blazers have had a great season, but dont see them as playoff material yet, same as Phoenix.

moshy2
03-12-2014, 10:23 PM
Nobody is sleeping on the Warriors, except maybe Rockets fans, but that's because they don't like us. Other than that we're rated right about where we deserve to be with a chance to improve

lol, please
03-12-2014, 11:44 PM
Nobody is sleeping on the Warriors, except maybe Rockets fans, but that's because they don't like us. Other than that we're rated right about where we deserve to be with a chance to improve

Well said. Good post. Objectivity.

likemystylez
03-12-2014, 11:53 PM

usually teams that dont like you, view you as some what of a threat (otherwise they just dont care)- so if a team actually thinks about the warriors enough to not like them- they arent really sleeping on them.

I personally think the clipper players and warrior players hate each other more than rockets and warriors players.

likemystylez
03-12-2014, 11:54 PM
Infact, I think david lee and jeremy lin are friends as are harden and curry

moshy2
03-13-2014, 12:19 AM
usually teams that dont like you, view you as some what of a threat (otherwise they just dont care)- so if a team actually thinks about the warriors enough to not like them- they arent really sleeping on them.

I personally think the clipper players and warrior players hate each other more than rockets and warriors players.

Rockets fans have made it very clear that they think we're a cake walk and don't see us as a threat. I'm not exaggerating at all either

Trueblue2
03-13-2014, 12:20 AM
Not being slept on, they're in a competitive conference. They could get boumced 1st roumd or they could go all the way. Everyone knows amd acknowledges this.

moshy2
03-13-2014, 12:21 AM
Infact, I think david lee and jeremy lin are friends as are harden and curry

Rockets and Warriors get competitive and chippy, but not the level of Warriors and Clippers

COOLbeans
03-13-2014, 01:14 AM
Rockets fans have made it very clear that they think we're a cake walk and don't see us as a threat. I'm not exaggerating at all either

Rockets fans on psd (aside from just a few) aren't very smart or objective. So it doesn't really matter what they think, I actually find their posts quite amusing considering sometimes I can barely understand what they're trying to say.

Hawkeye15
03-13-2014, 01:24 AM
so this turned into yet another GS fans versus Rockets fans...