PDA

View Full Version : The East is historically bad due to tanking: It is time for the Wheel!

JasonJohnHorn
03-11-2014, 04:32 PM
The 76ers just lost their 17th straight game and dumping arguably their two best players for net to nothing is the primary reason they are losing.

They are tanking. I don't care what language their PR and management is using: they are giving their coaching staff and players nothing to play with and sinking the ship.

The Bucks are doing it. The Magic are doing it. The Jazz let two All-Star front court players walk away for nothing this year.

I'm not entirely sure about the wheel, but bottom line is that a bad GM will build a loser and a good GM will build a contender. And and great GM WILL do well under the wheel system, even if that means that the bad GMs do even worse.

Letting teams OVERTLY tank is unacceptable.

Does anybody disagree with these statements:

A great GM working with the wheel WILL build a contender, but with a middle-of-the-road team that GM will struggle.

A bad GM working with the wheel will suck more, but the lottery won't help that person much either.

And GM worth their salt would WANT the wheel. I think that says a lot of the system.

Is there any other way to stop the tanking?

John Walls Era
03-11-2014, 04:35 PM
Wheel won't solve the parity problem. A team can be stuck with a late lottery pick year in and year out.

I rather there be a farming system than a wheel, though both aren't realistic.

Jamiecballer
03-11-2014, 04:36 PM
i agree. the wheel is the best. but it's too fair, which in a sense is a little unfair. but i'm still totally in favor.

KniCks4LiFe
03-11-2014, 04:36 PM
I told y'all. F' the wheel, make the best record of the losing roster rank for the lotto picks. If the Sixer are 0-16 w/ the worst record in the NBA and Milwaukee is 2nd w/ the most wins for the lotto ranked teams at 8-8 record, MIL should have the #1 pick.

ManRam
03-11-2014, 04:41 PM
There definitely aren't like a billion other threads discussing this right now.

And again, these teams are rebuilding in an effort to contend in the future. What's the alternative to what Orlando and Philly are doing? What would you prefer they do instead?

KniCks4LiFe
03-11-2014, 04:42 PM
not make a mockery out of NBA play that's for sure. You can hardly turn on an NBA game in the east anymore.

LAKobeBryant
03-11-2014, 04:45 PM
wheel for non playoff teams only then lottery for playoff teams

king4day
03-11-2014, 04:45 PM
I'm not a fan of the wheel idea.
I disagree the Jazz are tanking. They have a young big man duo of Favors (who they just paid well) and Kanter. Both were due to get minutes so they had to let Jefferson and Milsap go.
The fact that they didn't trade them at last years deadline also shows they aren't much for tanking. I give Utah credit. That franchise, no matter how forgotten they may appear, seems to do things the right way.

LongIslandIcedZ
03-11-2014, 04:46 PM
There is way too fine a line between "tanking" and "not very good."

Too much gray area

king4day
03-11-2014, 04:48 PM

Or maybe Bottom 7 get equal odds. Then the next 7 (same idea).
At the least, it'll stay more competitive.

KniCks4LiFe
03-11-2014, 04:49 PM

Too much gray area

Sixers = tanking

Lakers = tanking

Cavaliers = IDK

Celtics = tanking

2-ONE-5
03-11-2014, 04:53 PM
the wheel is ridiculous and should never happen. what do you want the Sixers to do build a team around Holiday, Thad, Hawes, and Turner and be a 6 seed year in year out with no cap flexibility? What did Jefferson and Milsap ever get the Jazz while together? Magic had no choice but to start over with Howard wanting out what did you want them to do build around Nelson? its better to rebuild then be a pretender year in year out. what has making bold, irresponsible moves done for the Knicks and Nets and the Hawks when they kept JJ?

Tony_Starks
03-11-2014, 04:57 PM
I told y'all. F' the wheel, make the best record of the losing roster rank for the lotto picks. If the Sixer are 0-16 w/ the worst record in the NBA and Milwaukee is 2nd w/ the most wins for the lotto ranked teams at 8-8 record, MIL should have the #1 pick.

This is kinda what I said earlier. The best of the worst get the most ping pong balls. That would stop the shenanigans the Philly and Utahs of the world are pulling.

Slug3
03-11-2014, 04:57 PM
Maybe raising the rookie pay for lotto picks? I know they most likely don't deserve to get paid, but it would keep teams from wanting to tank too many years in a row if they are going to have to pay high drafts picks a decent amount of money.

John Walls Era
03-11-2014, 04:58 PM

Too much gray area

If you're tanking you're not very good. If you're not very good, you may not be tanking.

76ers are embarrassing themselves by tanking. BUT I agree with what they're doing if they want to win. I don't like it, but sometimes you need to be very bad to get very good. Being stuck in no man's land is the worst (see Timberwolves).

5ass
03-11-2014, 04:58 PM
The 76ers just lost their 17th straight game and dumping arguably their two best players for net to nothing is the primary reason they are losing.

They are tanking. I don't care what language their PR and management is using: they are giving their coaching staff and players nothing to play with and sinking the ship.

The Bucks are doing it. The Magic are doing it. The Jazz let two All-Star front court players walk away for nothing this year.

I'm not entirely sure about the wheel, but bottom line is that a bad GM will build a loser and a good GM will build a contender. And and great GM WILL do well under the wheel system, even if that means that the bad GMs do even worse.

Letting teams OVERTLY tank is unacceptable.

Is there any other way to stop the tanking?
How are the Magic tanking? They're just not good. If they were tanking they wouldve gotten rid of Afflalo.

5ass
03-11-2014, 05:01 PM
This is kinda what I said earlier. The best of the worst get the most ping pong balls. That would stop the shenanigans the Philly and Utahs of the world are pulling.

thats a dumb idea. So the best of the worst has the best chance to improve the most? What stops borderline play off teams from missing the play offs just to get that #1 pick?

Tony_Starks
03-11-2014, 05:04 PM
Sixers = tanking

Lakers = tanking

Cavaliers = IDK

Celtics = tanking

Lakers actually aren't tanking. They're just hurt with a idiot for a coach. Give Thibbs this same team and he'd probably have them at .500.

abe_froman
03-11-2014, 05:11 PM
this why the tanking obsession is an overblown topic,because even fans who act like they know who is/isnt and are so determined to stop it, cant even agree who the culprits are

MTar786
03-11-2014, 05:23 PM
Sixers = tanking

Lakers = tanking

Cavaliers = IDK

Celtics = tanking

you honestly think the lakers could be doing better? lolol trust me i wish we were tanking. you don't beat okc if you are tanking dude. we also beat portland IN portland. something we never do. so if we are tanking.. we're not doing a great job with it.

Cal827
03-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Although I do agree that there should be a different version in the lotto (maybe put teams with similiar records closer in odds. For example if a team is 12-70 and another is 13-69, give one team a 23% chance at first overall and the other 22% rather than the 25.1 and 19.9.)

This year though, I actually find it hard to see who's legitimately tanking, other than Philly.

Cleveland: They have had ups and downs, acquired Deng
New York: They don't have their pick.
Boston: They could've dealt Rondo for a few firsts and became really bad.

Milwaukee: Things just have been very, very bad for the team. They looked like they might be able to sneak the 8th seed before the season started, but injuries and whatnot hurt them.

Lakers: Kobe missed half of the year, Gasol isn't what he used to be, but they kept him when they could have traded him to Cleveland for a 3pt shooting Center.

Orlando: Afflalo was kept. I know teams like the Raptors were inquiring about him. They did get rid of Davis, but that was for their young big men to get some PT.

Sacramento: I'm pretty sure they acquired Rudy Gay in order to get better. Just hasn't worked out so much yet cause they need more than just him.

The Raptors were trying to tank, but of course the East is so freaking bad that the trade actually made them better lol

ManRam
03-11-2014, 05:47 PM
There are only 4 teams that you could begin to throw the "tanking" label at, and some of them that might be a stretch.

The Cavs, Pistons and Knicks are trying, they just suck. It has NOTHING to do with "tanking". NOTHING. They're bad teams...but teams that absolutely wanted a playoff berth at the start of the season and still do. Atlanta falls into that category too if their fall continues. Injuries have ruined them. Injuries have played a role with a lot of this too.

Hell, I think you could add Milwaukee to that mix too. They've been ruined by injuries too, and are just a young team that's gonna have some natural growing pains that every team like them ever before have dealt with. They're nothing out of the bad-team ordinary.

And again, I'll ask what people recommend the better alternative to what Orlando is doing? I can tell you sure as **** that the Magic are trying to win every game they set out to play. They just don't have the talent nor experience to get it done. They lost their best player, and their next best players were all past-their-prime players that they had to let go, or have just declined (Hedo, Lewis, Nelson, etc.). It's a natural response to losing a top 3-5 player and being CRIPPLED by bad contracts. What's the alternative? Why try and find a new system that punishes them for where they are...something that's out of their control? That's just DUMB.

What's the alternative for Boston? Hold onto KG and Pierce for no reason? Again, why punish them for doing the right thing?

Philly is the most extreme case. I get being mad at them, but the other teams? Hell no.

This isn't as big of an issue as the world makes it out to be.

I don't think a single team in the West is "tanking" either. LAL didn't wanna suck, they just do. Utah, maybe, but they made the correct decision, again, by letting Jeff and Millsap go. Sacto ain't tanking, they just suck. New Orleans, Denver? Same thing. They wanna be competitive.

valade16
03-11-2014, 05:58 PM
While tanking is a serious problem I don't think the wheel is a great solution at all.

Imagine if a powerhouse team got a #1 overall pick with another franchise player on them. Hell, imagine if the Thunder got the #1 pick this year.

At least by tanking there is hope for the future. There would be very little hope for the future if your team was as bad as say the Jazz and you knew you weren't getting a Top 5 pick for another couple years. What incentive would there be for a fan to watch that team?

abe_froman
03-11-2014, 06:06 PM
Utah, maybe, but they made the correct decision, again, by letting Jeff and Millsap go.
talking about the jazz,i dont think they did.seriously nobody saw that coming,that al jefferson was going to go off like this.he had the tag as loser player.(he reminds me of zach randolph.someone who was seen as empty numbers,and everyone disregarded and called a loser/blackhole/net negative to a team/ect. ,until the only team that would take him was a surprise playoff team and then everybody becomes captain hindsight about him).with milsap somewhat ok i can see the questioning,but they are also a small market team that might not ave been able to afford him and had younger guys they thought could replace him.

Ese Vato Loco
03-11-2014, 06:29 PM
wheel or no wheel it doest matter. all rigged at the end of the day.

Chronz
03-11-2014, 06:38 PM
What makes it historically bad?

Chronz
03-11-2014, 06:39 PM
There are only 4 teams that you could begin to throw the "tanking" label at, and some of them that might be a stretch.

The Cavs, Pistons and Knicks are trying, they just suck. It has NOTHING to do with "tanking". NOTHING. They're bad teams...but teams that absolutely wanted a playoff berth at the start of the season and still do. Atlanta falls into that category too if their fall continues. Injuries have ruined them. Injuries have played a role with a lot of this too.

Hell, I think you could add Milwaukee to that mix too. They've been ruined by injuries too, and are just a young team that's gonna have some natural growing pains that every team like them ever before have dealt with. They're nothing out of the bad-team ordinary.

And again, I'll ask what people recommend the better alternative to what Orlando is doing? I can tell you sure as **** that the Magic are trying to win every game they set out to play. They just don't have the talent nor experience to get it done. They lost their best player, and their next best players were all past-their-prime players that they had to let go, or have just declined (Hedo, Lewis, Nelson, etc.). It's a natural response to losing a top 3-5 player and being CRIPPLED by bad contracts. What's the alternative? Why try and find a new system that punishes them for where they are...something that's out of their control? That's just DUMB.

What's the alternative for Boston? Hold onto KG and Pierce for no reason? Again, why punish them for doing the right thing?

Philly is the most extreme case. I get being mad at them, but the other teams? Hell no.

This isn't as big of an issue as the world makes it out to be.

I don't think a single team in the West is "tanking" either. LAL didn't wanna suck, they just do. Utah, maybe, but they made the correct decision, again, by letting Jeff and Millsap go. Sacto ain't tanking, they just suck. New Orleans, Denver? Same thing. They wanna be competitive.

Agreed, outside of Philly (maybe a few others), I dont see anyone truly tanking, but I guess that depends on how you define tanking.

Jamiecballer
03-11-2014, 06:45 PM

And again, these teams are rebuilding in an effort to contend in the future. What's the alternative to what Orlando and Philly are doing? What would you prefer they do instead?

personally i'd prefer that they kept trying until a competent management team turns it around. i realize that's a tad harsh but that's truly my preference. the wheel + that.

Jamiecballer
03-11-2014, 06:46 PM

i'm not sure you understand how the wheel works then. because it's only fair if you complete the 30 year cycle and playoff teams change year by year.

*Superman*
03-11-2014, 06:55 PM
A tanking pandemic would be if after the Spurs lost to Miami in the Finals, they say **** it, might as well tank so we can win next year. It's nowhere near that level. Every year teams suck in the NBA, it's nothing new. This time it's just lopsided that most the bad teams are on the East.

The 4 worst teams in the East don't even have a legit star. The biggest star in the group would be Rondo, if you even consider him that. Cleveland just has bad draft luck sort of like the Bobcats.

THE MTL
03-11-2014, 07:04 PM
I think the only two teams blatantly tanking are Celtics and Sixers. The Bucks just suck but I wouldn't say tanking because they made no moves. Sixers and Celtics made moves where they traded their best players for garbage. And I agree with Utah's moves. They had an overcrowded front court and decided to go with the two younger guys.

Kashmir13579
03-11-2014, 07:05 PM
Sixers = tanking

Lakers = tanking

Cavaliers = IDK

Celtics = tanking

:laugh2:

Totally feel you on this...

off topic, but somewhat on topic... anyone see MCW desperately trying to pad his assist stats last night so he could get that trip dub? lmfao

THE MTL
03-11-2014, 07:06 PM
Orlando isn't tanking. They just suck. They don't have the talent to compete. Tanking would be trading Afflao for a pick or garbage. But they made no moves which have made them worse on purpose. Oh and they won the Dwight trade

Rivera
03-11-2014, 07:09 PM
Horrible idea #746392 on how to fix NBA tanking

Playoffs! Have all the tanking teams have their own playoffs on nbatv and winner gets #1 so on and so forth

More Games = more money for the owners

Kashmir13579
03-11-2014, 07:10 PM

Playoffs! Have all the tanking teams have their own playoffs on nbatv and winner gets #1 so on and so forth

I love the idea lol

KnicksorBust
03-11-2014, 07:16 PM

So if a team is truly bad and just trying to rebuild through young players you want them to get screwed and have to draft #12 so they can never be good? How is this really a solution of parity?

Alayla
03-11-2014, 07:24 PM
Tanking the way people are talking out simply doesn't exist there will ALWAYS be bad teams if you know your a bad team you rebuild. Alot of teams are in a rebuilding phase because this year is projected to be a good year for the draft this is true but it doesn't change the fact this isn't nearly as big of a problem as people are making it out to be.

abe_froman
03-11-2014, 07:27 PM

so the lakers could just hold kobe out til those playoffs arrive ,destroy the likes of cavs and orlando with him and get gifted wiggins, rather than just having a 10% chance or whatever they have now?

....i think your idea would make tanking worse ,not better.if you're a team that sat down a star for the regular season in order to tank would have a better shot at dominating a touney made of crappy teams than the pingpong balls produce

Alayla
03-11-2014, 07:34 PM
Sixers = tanking

Lakers = tanking

Cavaliers = IDK

Celtics = tanking

The Celtics are rebuilding because if they kept KG and PP they would have narrowly missed the playoffs only to screw themselves over in the long term.

The Lakers are just bad i thought people would have figured this out after the *super team* year -_-where they Tanking then too?

The cavs just lack talent why would they even WANT to tank if there bad they may lose Irving not to mention they just brought in deng

And yes the sixers seem to have started a rebuild just because Hinkie wants *his own guys*
I must admit im super disgusted with the whole thing.

outside of philly i dont see any teams trying to get wrose the east is just BAD why do people need to make excuses for it?

dhopisthename
03-11-2014, 07:40 PM
The wheel in a perfect world would be a great Idea. I gets rid of the need for tanking and just promotes trying to win. However the world isn't perfect. The lakers and knicks will have a much better chance at free agents then teams like the Jazz and bucks which really limits their ability to get the superstars needed to win. The one thing I love about the wheel though is that when you trade picks you know where they will end up which will make more or less valuable

ManRam
03-11-2014, 07:56 PM
The wheel in a perfect world would be a great Idea. I gets rid of the need for tanking and just promotes trying to win. However the world isn't perfect. The lakers and knicks will have a much better chance at free agents then teams like the Jazz and bucks which really limits their ability to get the superstars needed to win. The one thing I love about the wheel though is that when you trade picks you know where they will end up which will make more or less valuable

Exactly. The NBA has a natural competitive balance issue that are far greater than the other major american sports because of the power of a single player and market desirability. All teams should no be treated as equals in the draft, period. Unless you want to further skew parity in the wrong direction.

Also, the wheel as presently "proposed" is a system that makes it clear ahead of time, even years ahead, where teams will pick. Let's say you're Anthony Davis or Kyrie Irving, or any other clear cut #1 pick. Milwaukee's got the #1 pick this year, but you know LAL has that pick next year. There's room for some HUGE problems there...problems that further bury the Bucks of the world.

JasonJohnHorn
03-11-2014, 08:25 PM

I've suggested this before as well. I think this would encourage teams to keep players the might otherwise buy out, preventing contenders from reloading with an All-Star on a buy out. The teams would NEED these players to get the pick.

I think the bottom 7 seven teams should get a playoff with the worst team getting a pass, and the next 7 ranked teams get a playoff where the best team get a pass. Team will be encouraged to be better and hang onto players.

Rivera
03-11-2014, 08:25 PM
QUOTE=KnicksorBust:28124099]

So if a team is truly bad and just trying to rebuild through young players you want them to get screwed and have to draft #12 so they can never be good? How is this really a solution of parity?[/QUOTE]

Idk?

Like I said it was a horrible idea lol

Rivera
03-11-2014, 08:28 PM
QUOTE=KnicksorBust:28124099]

So if a team is truly bad and just trying to rebuild through young players you want them to get screwed and have to draft #12 so they can never be good? How is this really a solution of parity?[/QUOTE]

Idk?

Like I said it was a horrible idea lol

Rivera
03-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Dbl post

Trueblue2
03-11-2014, 08:48 PM
How bout a multiple wheel system with the HCA teams being on one,seeds 5-10 on another, and the rest on a final wheel.

But herrs the twist, you do the HCA teams first, winner of that wheel gets put on the next wheel. Loser of the next wheel gets the top pick from the previous wheel, amd so on. Discourages tanking for the bottom, keeps lottery out of the equation for competitions for the 8th seed, amd the chances of a top team winning a high draft spot are still slim at best.

Tony_Starks
03-11-2014, 08:49 PM
The only tank that bothers me is Philly. They did it in every way possible. Lets recap

-Trade your best player for someone that most likely won't play

-trading other talented players for 10cents on a dollar, then buying out a player you get back

-filling out the roster with D league guys, overseas guys, and random guys playing at the local gym

-oh yeah let's not forget bringing in a first time random a_ss coach to guide this group of misfits.

Bravo!

beasted86
03-11-2014, 09:05 PM
The only tank that bothers me is Philly. They did it in every way possible. Lets recap

-trading other talented players for 10cents on a dollar, then buying out a player you get back

-filling out the roster with D league guys, overseas guys, and random guys playing at the local gym

-oh yeah let's not forget bringing in a first time random a_ss coach to guide this group of misfits.

Bravo!

You forgot to add in adamantly refusing to add any inkling of talent that might help them even win 1 more game so much so that they are below the salary cap floor. They would rather pay a Jason Richardson more than he is already making.

ChiSox219
03-11-2014, 09:22 PM
I love what Orlando and Philly are doing, building from the ground up. I'd rather that than say Milwaukee or Dallas signing mediocre vets year after year just to fight for the 8 seed.

NBA_Starter
03-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Tanking should never be encouraged, hopefully some of the players will go back to college that would be pretty funny.

Rivera
03-11-2014, 10:22 PM
Now thinking about it I don't thinj the lottery is a bad idea the current for format (maybe make it 4 teams instead of 3) I think the biggest problem is no 1 gets to see the lottery balls drawn

2-ONE-5
03-11-2014, 11:22 PM
:laugh2:

Totally feel you on this...

off topic, but somewhat on topic... anyone see MCW desperately trying to pad his assist stats last night so he could get that trip dub? lmfao

lol pad his stats in a game that was close going into the 4th. you mad bcuz he took it to Shumps overrated ***?

2-ONE-5
03-11-2014, 11:26 PM

Bravo!

the alternative is being like Knicks and being a constant failure with no future or flexibility. yea id rather tank

Jamiecballer
03-11-2014, 11:42 PM
Anybody who supports their team tanking loses all right to talk **** about Lebrons "decision". Its the organizational equivalent.

ManRam
03-12-2014, 09:38 AM
Now thinking about it I don't thinj the lottery is a bad idea the current for format (maybe make it 4 teams instead of 3) I think the biggest problem is no 1 gets to see the lottery balls drawn

"No one", or just the "public viewing audience"?

PhillyFaninLA
03-12-2014, 10:34 AM

You've been on this site long enough to know the NBA forum does not have much original thought..no offense to anyone but its kind of true

Mr. Baller
03-12-2014, 10:50 AM
"No one", or just the "public viewing audience"?

this

ohreally
03-12-2014, 08:59 PM
Everybody is so down on tanking but pretty much respectful for teams clearing cap space to go for multiple free agents. They both s..k. Both pretty much distort player value, hurting more players than are helped, and basically wasting precious years of players' careers. And clearing cap space is really a viable option for the big market wealthy teams. Your typical tanker team loses its players to the cleared cap space team and can't compete on equal footing with those teams for other free agents. Tanking is really their only option.

The entire system needs to be fixed. But it needs to start with clearing cap space.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2014, 09:24 PM
the Wheel is the most idiotic idea ever and would only lead to teams with **** rosters and 20 years to go until they get the first pick folding.

Hellcrooner
03-12-2014, 09:24 PM
the ONLY solution is vertical divisions , bottom two teams get relegated to second división.

no more tanking.

Shammyguy3
03-12-2014, 10:09 PM

Exactly. The NBA has a natural competitive balance issue that are far greater than the other major american sports because of the power of a single player and market desirability. All teams should no be treated as equals in the draft, period. Unless you want to further skew parity in the wrong direction.

Also, the wheel as presently "proposed" is a system that makes it clear ahead of time, even years ahead, where teams will pick. Let's say you're Anthony Davis or Kyrie Irving, or any other clear cut #1 pick. Milwaukee's got the #1 pick this year, but you know LAL has that pick next year. There's room for some HUGE problems there...problems that further bury the Bucks of the world.

I was once an advocate for the wheel, but it would bring about more problems than the issues it would fix as explained above. The lottery just needs a little tweaking, that's it:

1) have only the top-2 picks drawn for (so worst record is guaranteed a top-3 pick)

2) only the bottom 12 records of non-playoff teams get in the lottery (the 13th and 14th worst records are normally in the playoff hunt and have too good of a record to be granted lottery tickets)

3) Change the current top-heavy distribution of lottery chances to something like:
Odds of 1st pick Odds of 2nd pick Odds of Moving Up
#1 14% ................ 33%
#2 13% ................ 26%
#3 12% ................ 17% ........................ 29%
#4 11% ................ 8% ......................... 19%
#5 10% ................ 5% ......................... 15%
#6 9% .................. 4% ......................... 13%
#7 8% .................. 3% ......................... 11%
#8 7% .................. 2% ......................... 9%
#9 6% ................... 1% ......................... 7%
#10 5% ................ 0.6% ...................... 5.6%
#11 3% ................ 0.3% ...................... 3.3%
#12 2% ................ 0.1% ...................... 2.1%

NBA_Starter
03-12-2014, 10:15 PM
It is weird because we are the master tankers (and then get screwed in the lottery) and we are not even trying to tank anymore, you would think teams would have learned from us.

ManRam
03-13-2014, 03:58 PM
The East may or may not be "historically bad" (doubt it), but the bottom of the league is NOT anything out of the ordinary. The notion that this is some new problem that now all of a sudden exists is, well, silly.

Note: "sub-40%" is really "40.5% and lower"...or "40% and lower", with rounding up to 41% or down to 40%.

2014: 10 teams sub-40%, 3 sub-30%, 0 sub-20%
2013: 10 teams sub-40%, 3 sub-30%, 0 sub-20%
2012: 10 teams sub-40%, 1 sub-30%, 1 sub-20%
2011: 8 teams sub-40%, 6 sub-30%, 0 sub-20%
2010: 10 teams sub-40%, 2 sub-30%, 2 sub-20%
2009: 9 teams sub-40%, 6 sub-30%, 0 sub-20%
2008: 9 teams sub-40%, 6 sub-30%, 1 sub-20%
2007: 10 teams sub-40%, 2 sub-30%, 0 sub-20%
2006: 7 teams sub-40%, 2 sub-30%, 0 sub-20%
2005: 8 teams sub-40%, 3 sub-30%, 1 sub-20%
2004: 8 teams sub-40%, 2 sub-30%, 0 sub-20%
2003: 7 teams sub-40%, 3 sub-30%, 0 sub-20%
2002: 8 teams sub-40%, 3 sub-30%, 0 sub-20%
2001: 9 teams sub-40%, 4 sub-30%, 1 sub-20%
2000: 8 teams sub-40%, 4 sub-30%, 1 sub-20%
1999: 8 teams sub-40%, 4 sub-30%, 2 sub-20%
1998: 8 teams sub-40%, 6 sub-30%, 2 sub-20%
1997: 10 teams sub-40%, 6 sub-30%, 2 sub-20%
1996: 9 teams sub-40%, 3 sub-30%, 1 sub-20%
1995: 8 teams sub-40%, 4 sub-30%, 0 sub-20%

That's 20 years. You tell me if this "epidemic of 'tanking'" is real or not...

dalton749
03-13-2014, 04:17 PM
^i didnt realize how normal this season was going by that. it just looks bad because so many of them are in the east