PDA

View Full Version : Is Wade TOP 25 GOAT if Miamj Heat wins championship this season?

canefandynasty
03-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Assuming Wade avoids injury and plays as well as he's been playing this season theoughout the playoffs, would you put him at TOP 20 GOAT all time rankings if the Heat wins the 2014 NBA championship (that would be 4 rings for Wade)

THE MTL
03-11-2014, 01:36 PM
I think Wade is def top 30. You can make the argument for top 25.

D-Leethal
03-11-2014, 01:36 PM
I would have to look at some lists but I would imagine he's already there, especially if you value peak performance more than longevity.

beyourself
03-11-2014, 01:40 PM
Easily. He could seriously build a case against Kobe if he wins another ring or two.

still1ballin
03-11-2014, 01:42 PM
Llullz^^

Tony_Starks
03-11-2014, 01:42 PM
He's top 25 already.

Tony_Starks
03-11-2014, 01:44 PM
Llullz^^

I know right.... I just tried to pretend like I didn't even see that. Lol

beyourself
03-11-2014, 01:48 PM
I know right.... I just tried to pretend like I didn't even see that. Lol

Ringzzzzz are really a team accomplishment, but for the stans, Wade will probably finish with 4-6 rings.

He already has the peak dominance in his favor. Longevity will continue to increase.

Wade is still putting in work.

abe_froman
03-11-2014, 01:49 PM
you can make an argument for it,but you could have him outside top 25 and not really be wrong either way....so,i'd say he'd be debatable top 25

nickdymez
03-11-2014, 01:52 PM
Just allowed to troll and bait at will

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Hawkeye15
03-11-2014, 01:54 PM
He is already hovering around that mark. If he actually shows up this playoffs, unlike last year, and the Heat win a title, he for sure moves into the top 25 all time. He isn't the player he used to be, but considering his peak was as good as any SG not named MJ, and he has had a lot of postseason success (even if he wasn't playing like a top 25 player for half of it), he gets put there.

Slug3
03-11-2014, 01:55 PM
He is probably right around between 20-30 all time. As for passing Kobe, I dont think that can happen just for the fact Kobe has been in the league since 18 and Wade came in at like 22, so Kobe has those extra years on him to get the stats argument of it. Wade will most likely go down as the 3rd best SG of all time if he can play a few more years with decent production.

D-Leethal
03-11-2014, 02:00 PM
He is already hovering around that mark. If he actually shows up this playoffs, unlike last year, and the Heat win a title, he for sure moves into the top 25 all time. He isn't the player he used to be, but considering his peak was as good as any SG not named MJ, and he has had a lot of postseason success (even if he wasn't playing like a top 25 player for half of it), he gets put there.

I don't think he has fallen off as much as it appears to be honest. Taking the ball out of his hands for the bulk of possessions is going to make it much more difficult for him to do his thing. Its not an easy transition "dumbing down" your game to become a second fiddle. Some guys are just meant to have the ball. You give Wade his own team I think he would appear to be much closer to the same player he was before 2010 than he is now. I don't think you will see that same level of player, but it would be much closer. Same goes for Bosh.

Wade and Lebron were always a redundant fit so its not a surprise that the guy playing OFF the other one is the guy who struggles the most. LeBron looks like the same LeBron because the ball never left his hands. I'm not even remotely blaming LeBron here, but its natural regression when your dumb your game down to play off a dominant player with the same skill set.

If you look at Wade's skillset and the way the Heat play - what kind of opportunities does he really get? Weakside swing passes off LeBron penetration that are ideally designed for knock down shooters? Thats what I see - and its tough for Wade to thrive individually that way. Its obviously the right way to play from a team aspect, but its hard to expect him to thrive playing off a guy who plays the same way he does.

Wade and LeBron are probably the only championship duo that was never an ideal fit - thats because the talent level was so dominant they were able to overcome it, regardless if Wade struggles to play off the ball at times.

Hawkeye15
03-11-2014, 02:03 PM
I don't think he has fallen off as much as it appears to be honest. Taking the ball out of his hands for the bulk of possessions is going to make it much more difficult for him to do his thing. Its not an easy transition "dumbing down" your game to become a second fiddle. Some guys are just meant to have the ball. You give Wade his own team I think he would appear to be much closer to the same player he was before 2010 than he is now. I don't think you will see that same level of player, but it would be much closer. Same goes for Bosh.

Wade and Lebron were always a redundant fit so its not a surprise that the guy playing OFF the other one is the guy who struggles the most. LeBron looks like the same LeBron because the ball never left his hands. I'm not even remotely blaming LeBron here, but its natural regression when your dumb your game down to play off a dominant player with the same skill set.

If you look at Wade's skillset and the way the Heat play - what kind of opportunities does he really get? Weakside swing passes off LeBron penetration that are ideally designed for knock down shooters? Thats what I see - and its tough for Wade to thrive individually that way. Its obviously the right way to play from a team aspect, but its hard to expect him to thrive playing off a guy who plays the same way he does.

Wade and LeBron are probably the only championship duo that was never an ideal fit - thats because the talent level was so dominant they were able to overcome it, regardless if Wade struggles to play off the ball at times.

I dont think Wade holds up over 82 and playoffs anymore. And he was flat out garbage by his standards last year in the playoffs. 15 a game on a PER of 18. Not good. His reckless style of play in his 20's has caught up to him. Now that the Heat have the luxury of sitting him out 20 times a year, he can keep rested for games they need him in. But his dominating days over the course of a season are gone.

The overlapping skillsets were brought up by intelligent fans the moment they all signed. Which is why LeBron/Heat haters who just looked at the names and screamed, "MOST LOADED ROSTER EVER!" obviously never took the time to look at the fit of the players.

Chronz
03-11-2014, 02:04 PM
I would have to look at some lists but I would imagine he's already there, especially if you value peak performance more than longevity.

This

Im hoping he actually stayed healthy for this run.

JordansBulls
03-11-2014, 02:08 PM
http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?635088-PSD-s-Top-50-List-of-the-Greatest-NBA-Players-of-All-Time

He was #26 after the 2011 season, of course 3 years later and 2 titles later he has jumped up.

nastynice
03-11-2014, 02:19 PM
Easily. He could seriously build a case against Kobe if he wins another ring or two.

lol, u animal!!

Corey
03-11-2014, 02:55 PM
Dunno. I dont think he's even a top 5 SG.

I'd still take MJ, West, Kobe, Clyde and Gervin.

I dont value rings very heavily when he's won 2 with the supporting cast he has now.

Hawkeye15
03-11-2014, 02:59 PM
Dunno. I dont think he's even a top 5 SG.

I'd still take MJ, West, Kobe, Clyde and Gervin.

I dont value rings very heavily when he's won 2 with the supporting cast he has now.

why would you take Clyde over Wade? And West played a TON of PG, so he is always a tough one to gauge.

If you don't have him in your top 5 SG's, there is no way he is top 25 on your list.

Corey
03-11-2014, 03:10 PM
why would you take Clyde over Wade? And West played a TON of PG, so he is always a tough one to gauge.

If you don't have him in your top 5 SG's, there is no way he is top 25 on your list.

I just think Clyde was a better player.

I just consider West a 2 because of how much he scored. He could be a 1 or a 2, but I like him as a 2.

Even without those two, I'd still take MJ, Kobe, Gervin, and then he's in the debate.

MTar786
03-11-2014, 03:20 PM
I personally have wade ranked better than most. but you can make a very clear argument he is anywhere between 18 and 25 all time and 3-6 top sg all time. Id take wade 18th all time and 3rd best sg of all time too. we al have our own opinions i guess. people tend to forget greatness after merely a couple of years of not playing as great. just thought id throw out there that this version of wade.. the over the hill wade that sucks is averaging like 54% on the season on like 20 points a game almost. thats not too shabby for an over the hill guy that is riding lebron =/

wade may not be the wade of old.. but he is definitely highly under rated these days

ps. i love jerry west and the lakers more than anyone.. but i feel west is sometimes a little over rated. but hey.. he is the logo after all

beliges
03-11-2014, 03:31 PM
I would put Wade up in that 25 area. One of the best perimeter players of his generation. Got a ring before the formation of the super team and was able to get a couple with the super team. Id put him up there.

Chronz
03-11-2014, 03:36 PM
I would put Wade up in that 25 area. One of the best perimeter players of his generation. Got a ring before the formation of the super team and was able to get a couple with the super team. Id put him up there.
How many rings does he need to get to Top-10?

JordansBulls
03-11-2014, 03:41 PM

I just consider West a 2 because of how much he scored. He could be a 1 or a 2, but I like him as a 2.

Even without those two, I'd still take MJ, Kobe, Gervin, and then he's in the debate.
Gervin in no shape or form was better than Wade period. Not even close either.

Chronz
03-11-2014, 03:43 PM

West is a fine choice. But Clyde and Gervin? Gervin was allergic to D, didn't have much post season success. The highlight of his career was upsetting Julius Erving's Sixers and not much else. Great scorer, in the mold of KD/Tmac in terms of fluidity but Wade at his best was a demon on both ends.

Clyde is tricky, I definitely have him higher than most, his championship run is under appreciated IMO, but hes been the less successful player and inferior production wise. He had a pretty similar beginning in that he played PG and then moved to SG, both had limited range and exceptional passing abilities for slashers. Clyde had the higher bball IQ but Wade was more skilled with his handle.

Do we discount championships, production, and accolades entirely in your barometer?

Bruno
03-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Assuming Wade avoids injury and plays as well as he's been playing this season theoughout the playoffs, would you put him at TOP 20 GOAT all time rankings if the Heat wins the 2014 NBA championship (that would be 4 rings for Wade)

why would we assume that? what about what we've seen over the past two seasons would allow us to assume that?

i think Wade has a fine argument as being top 25 already, and without last years title too. his run with Miami last year has to go down as one of the worst runs by a #2 in playoff history. he wasn't himself, he's old.

Corey
03-11-2014, 03:45 PM
Gervin in no shape or form was better than Wade period. Not even close either.

That's your opinion. Mine differs from that.

There are plenty of 'professionals' on both sides of that fence.

Chronz
03-11-2014, 03:52 PM
why would we assume that? what about what we've seen over the past two seasons would allow us to assume that?
Could have something to do with this being the season the Heat have most massaged his minutes/workload.

beliges
03-11-2014, 03:54 PM
How many rings does he need to get to Top-10?

For Wade? If he can play as a top 5 player in this league for another
3-5 years, with a couple of more rings and a Finals MVP, I think he would have to be somewhat in that conversation.

JasonJohnHorn
03-11-2014, 04:20 PM
My top list is heavy on front court player because I have a biased for great rebounders. Shooting guards, I still got MJ, Kobe and West ahead of Wade and I'd be inclined to put Drexler and the Iceman ahead of him as well.

There are probably a dozen C's I'd put over Wade: Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem, DRob, Shaq, Russell, Thurmond, Reed, Moses, Ewing (maybe not Ewing). And then there are a great many PF and SF I'd put over him: Duncan, Malone, Garnett, Barkley, Baylor, Gilmore, Hayes, Dave DeBusschere, Dirk, Larry Bird, Dr. J, LBJ, Durant, Webber, Pippen.

As for point guards, there are a few I'd have over him: Magic, Stockton, The Big O, Kidd, CP3 an maybe Thomas. and Dave Bing.

Wade is in contention for top-5 SG, but I think he'd slip out of the top 25 if you asked people born bein the 70's or earlier. Wade is great. Between him and Kobe, he is the one of the two best SG of his generation. But this league has been around for a LONG time.

Tony_Starks
03-11-2014, 05:21 PM
A lot depends on how long he decides to stick around. His knee(s) are pretty bad and I dont see him doing the Tim Duncan maintenance thing too much longer....

TylerSL
03-11-2014, 05:37 PM
I think Wade is currently top 40 range and probably will get to top 25 status unless injuries completely destroy his career. Wade is currently 32, and if he can continue to play at all star level for the next 2 or 3 years and gets another ring or 2 while remaining a serious contributor he will get there. Right now Wade's career is

17.3k points, 3.6k rebounds, 4.3k assists, 1.3k steals, 700 blocks, 3 rings, 1 finals mvp, 10 all star appearances, 8x all nba team, 3x defensive team.

It is completely realistic to believe he could very well end his career with something like

22+k points, 4,5k+ rebounds, 5.5k+ assits, 2k+ steals, 850+ blocks, 4-5 rings, 1 finals mvp, 13 all star appearances (all consecutively), 10x all nba team, 3x defensive team.

Obviously this is a bit presumptuous, but so is this thread. These are realistic assumptions for what Wade might do for the next 3 years and if he does it would set him apart from a lot of players. I think Wade is on pace to be a clear top 25 player ever, with a real possibility he could end up in the bottom half of 15-20 (like 18 or 19).

Chronz
03-11-2014, 06:02 PM
My top list is heavy on front court player because I have a biased for great rebounders. Shooting guards, I still got MJ, Kobe and West ahead of Wade and I'd be inclined to put Drexler and the Iceman ahead of him as well.

There are probably a dozen C's I'd put over Wade: Wilt, Kareem, Hakeem, DRob, Shaq, Russell, Thurmond, Reed, Moses, Ewing (maybe not Ewing). And then there are a great many PF and SF I'd put over him: Duncan, Malone, Garnett, Barkley, Baylor, Gilmore, Hayes, Dave DeBusschere, Dirk, Larry Bird, Dr. J, LBJ, Durant, Webber, Pippen.

As for point guards, there are a few I'd have over him: Magic, Stockton, The Big O, Kidd, CP3 an maybe Thomas. and Dave Bing.

Wade is in contention for top-5 SG, but I think he'd slip out of the top 25 if you asked people born bein the 70's or earlier. Wade is great. Between him and Kobe, he is the one of the two best SG of his generation. But this league has been around for a LONG time.

Yikes, thats an awful list.

WaDe03
03-11-2014, 06:03 PM
I'd say by the time he is done he'll be in the 15-20 range, 3rd best SG of all-time.

Ethix11
03-11-2014, 07:16 PM
Part of him having LeBron on his team is to be on a maintenance plan and extend his career. I don't see him braking down to where he can't be effective when it counts. Smart player that still has many good years left to leave a legacy.

beyourself
03-11-2014, 07:38 PM
Here is why I'm confused.

Dwyane Wade is probably the 2nd most dominant shooting guard ever. I don't know I never saw Gervin or West. But post Jordan he is the most dominant shooting guard that we have seen.

People say he lacks longevity and rings. Well now he has 3 rings. Should finish with at least 4 rings. He seems to be on a maintenance plan to prolong his career. If he gives you high quality minutes, I'm thinking low 30s in the minutes for the next 5 years how is that not a complete career?

He'd have rings, dominance and longevity. His career is really underrated.

L8kers4life
03-11-2014, 07:50 PM

Dwyane Wade is probably the 2nd most dominant shooting guard ever. I don't know I never saw Gervin or West. But post Jordan he is the most dominant shooting guard that we have seen.

People say he lacks longevity and rings. Well now he has 3 rings. Should finish with at least 4 rings. He seems to be on a maintenance plan to prolong his career. If he gives you high quality minutes, I'm thinking low 30s in the minutes for the next 5 years how is that not a complete career?

So you just decided to leave Kobe off this list, how is Kobe not the second most doominant shooting guard behind Jordan, the fact you excluded him completely and you suggested you never saw Gervin or West, tell's me you are a kobe Hater. Explain why you excluded Kobe.

DillyDill
03-11-2014, 07:51 PM
Wade is no doubt in my top 20. One of the most explosive 2 guards to ever lace em

beyourself
03-11-2014, 07:56 PM
So you just decided to leave Kobe off this list, how is Kobe not the second most doominant shooting guard behind Jordan, the fact you excluded him completely and you suggested you never saw Gervin or West, tell's me you are a kobe Hater. Explain why you excluded Kobe.

Because Wade had the more dominant prime.

mightybosstone
03-11-2014, 08:12 PM
I think Wade is top 25 right now no matter what happens the rest of his career. You could certainly argue against it, but you could also argue him being as high as top 20 all-time.

SportsFanatic10
03-11-2014, 08:45 PM
he's already top 25...he'll finish top 20 no doubt, you could already argue to put him there. and he's the 3rd best sg, nobody belongs ahead of him besides jordan and kobe solely based on longevity.

NBA_Starter
03-11-2014, 10:50 PM
I think he has a pretty good case already for Top 25.

Supreme LA
03-11-2014, 11:09 PM
Top 35 right now IMO. I don't see how he moves up to 25 considering he's pretty much garbage at this point.

Hawkeye15
03-11-2014, 11:33 PM

I freakin hate Kobe, but where the hell is he in your post? Easily has an argument as the 2nd best SG ever.

Hawkeye15
03-11-2014, 11:34 PM
Because Wade had the more dominant prime.

that lasted how many years?

Question. Would you take Wade's peak over Kobe's prime?

beyourself
03-11-2014, 11:36 PM
I freakin hate Kobe, but where the hell is he in your post? Easily has an argument as the 2nd best SG ever.

I left him out because I know Wade was a more dominant player. I was asking who was the second most dominant SG ever and since I haven't seen West or Gervin I can't say for sure he was better than them.

I know that Wade was better than Kobe. Because I saw him play at a higher level.

Lakers + Giants
03-11-2014, 11:41 PM
I left him out because I know Wade was a more dominant player. I was asking who was the second most dominant SG ever and since I haven't seen West or Gervin I can't say for sure he was better than them.

I know that Wade was better than Kobe. Because I saw him play at a higher level.

The thing is, wade's peak was only 2 years. Other than that Kobe>

SportsFanatic10
03-11-2014, 11:47 PM
Top 35 right now IMO. I don't see how he moves up to 25 considering he's pretty much garbage at this point.

:laugh: this guy! what a clown!

WaDe03
03-12-2014, 12:40 AM

Come on now 20-5-5 on 55% shooting as a second option is nowhere near garbage. Plus he's playing a lot better as of late so those numbers will rise a little

Supreme LA
03-12-2014, 07:13 AM
:laugh: this guy! what a clown!

Clown?? That's really funny coming from you considering you're among the most bias on these boards.

Is it really that absurd for me to hold the opinion that Wade isn't a better player than these guys?

Kareem
Barkley
Bird
Elgin Baylor
Wilt
Rick Barry
John Havkicek
Kevin Mchale
Dr. J
Patrick Ewing
Magic
MJ
Karl Malone
Shaq
Pippen
Oscar
David Robinson
Hakeem
Bill Russell
John Stockton
Isaiah Thomas
Jerry West
KG
Tim Duncan
Kobe
Lebron
KD
Tony Parker
Elvin Hayes
Jason Kidd
AI
CP3
Bob Pettit
Moses Malone
Walt Frazier
Gary Payton

All of these guys are just better overall fundamentally skilled players and more dominant in their play than Wade. I guess that's my criteria for evaluating greatness. Again, I'm sure you have your own list and you have your reasons. I was simply answeing the OP. So no, I don't believe Wade will become the player to surpass these guys in the final years of his career. If Miami wins the chip again, I still can't see Wade having the type of effect that would change my mind because he has only deteriorated as a player over the last few years. I'm not here to troll so grow up and stop acting like a fool everytime someone states their personal opinion.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2014, 07:43 AM
For Wade? If he can play as a top 5 player in this league for another
3-5 years, with a couple of more rings and a Finals MVP, I think he would have to be somewhat in that conversation.

Wade hasn't been a top 5 player for at least the last 2 seasons now. So that ship sailed..

Hawkeye15
03-12-2014, 07:45 AM

Wade probably had the better peak, but it was short lived. What about the other 10 years where Kobe was simply better?

canefandynasty
03-12-2014, 10:53 AM
Wade probably had the better peak, but it was short lived. What about the other 10 years where Kobe was simply better?
10 years? Wade was better than Kobe in 2005, 2009 and 2011 for sure, and possibly as good in 2006 and 2007 (Wade led the league in PER before he went down). Kobe was better in 2004 (Wades rookie season), 2008 and 2010. 2012 Kobe was arguably better while 2013 Wade is better. Its really been a wash since Wade arrived. Remember Kobe has 6-7 seasons on Wade which makes the longevity, but performance/talent wise, they are similar. So Kobe wasn't really better than Wade for 10 seasons as you exaggerate.

Stinkyoutsider
03-12-2014, 11:56 AM
I think Wade's close already. I think a lot of fans are actually sleeping on him as a top talent...

When Lebron came to town, he didn't fight against him for control of the team. He willingly allowed Lebron to take over and be the man. I'm positive that Wade can still get you 25, 5, and 5 every night but the Heat/Lebron don't need him to. So, Wade plays at half pace to keep himself fresh for the playoffs and lets a younger Lebron carry the team during the regular season.

I would like to rank Wade higher in the all time list if he wins another ring but unless he leads the team to the title or wins the MVP of the finals, I can't hold it against him as far as ranking him.

beyourself
03-12-2014, 12:01 PM
10 years? Wade was better than Kobe in 2005, 2009 and 2011 for sure, and possibly as good in 2006 and 2007 (Wade led the league in PER before he went down). Kobe was better in 2004 (Wades rookie season), 2008 and 2010. 2012 Kobe was arguably better while 2013 Wade is better. Its really been a wash since Wade arrived. Remember Kobe has 6-7 seasons on Wade which makes the longevity, but performance/talent wise, they are similar. So Kobe wasn't really better than Wade for 10 seasons as you exaggerate.

Exactly. Wade has the better peak and more often than not he was just as good or even better than Kobe since he entered the league.

Peopel are relly sleeping on him. Last time I checked Wade didn't just rack up 2 good seasons. He has quite a few really good years.

SportsFanatic10
03-12-2014, 12:50 PM
Clown?? That's really funny coming from you considering you're among the most bias on these boards.

lol ok there, you're almost as bad as a few of the worst laker trolls i've seen on here. practically every post is ripping on lebron/wade/heat or praising kobe/lakers.

Is it really that absurd for me to hold the opinion that Wade isn't a better player than these guys?

Kareem
Barkley
Bird
Elgin Baylor
Wilt
Rick Barry
John Havkicek
Kevin Mchale
Dr. J
Patrick Ewing
Magic
MJ
Karl Malone
Shaq
Pippen
Oscar
David Robinson
Hakeem
Bill Russell
John Stockton
Isaiah Thomas
Jerry West
KG
Tim Duncan
Kobe
Lebron
KD
Tony Parker
Elvin Hayes
Jason Kidd
AI
CP3
Bob Pettit
Moses Malone
Walt Frazier
Gary Payton

yes, the bolded stood out right away, on some of them you're really reaching...and i could make a good case for him over a number of the others.

All of these guys are just better overall fundamentally skilled players and more dominant in their play than Wade. I guess that's my criteria for evaluating greatness. Again, I'm sure you have your own list and you have your reasons. I was simply answeing the OP. So no, I don't believe Wade will become the player to surpass these guys in the final years of his career. If Miami wins the chip again, I still can't see Wade having the type of effect that would change my mind because he has only deteriorated as a player over the last few years. I'm not here to troll so grow up and stop acting like a fool everytime someone states their personal opinion.

oh you're not trolling? wow that's a relief, i'm glad you're so grown up! you sure had me fooled with your pathetic lebron sig and calling wade garbage though.

justinnum1
03-12-2014, 02:30 PM
He already is top 25 goat.

Jasper6
03-12-2014, 02:46 PM
A.I. > Wade

Jeffy25
03-12-2014, 02:55 PM
I think he's more in the top 35-50 range currently

And I wouldn't really give him any new credit for another Chip. I think he can end up right around top 25 though, but it's going to take a few more good seasons.

But he has a ways to go before he can catch Kobe.

He entered his peak later than Kobe, and is already into his decline....Kobe had a long peak, which will keep him ahead of Wade all time.

Jeffy25
03-12-2014, 02:56 PM
A.I. > Wade

Wade passed AI basically this season, and Wade will continue to play.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2014, 03:24 PM

you are forgetting the years before Wade even came in the league. Kobe's resume simply is better, individually. He dominated far longer, and even though Wade had by my account 4 better individual seasons than Kobe, I can't outweigh the fact that Kobe has been a top 5 player for 13-15 years.

Bruno
03-12-2014, 03:24 PM
Could have something to do with this being the season the Heat have most massaged his minutes/workload.

he's playing the exact same minutes per game as he did in 2012. he only played 49 games in the regular season that year too. he's on pace for more minutes and more games this year and he's two years older.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2014, 03:25 PM
Exactly. Wade has the better peak and more often than not he was just as good or even better than Kobe since he entered the league.

Peopel are relly sleeping on him. Last time I checked Wade didn't just rack up 2 good seasons. He has quite a few really good years.

If we are going to totally ignore anything Kobe did prior to 2003, then fine, I think Wade is the better player over that time frame. But personally, when ranking them both all time, those previous 6-7 years matter. And 2000-2002 Kobe was a demon on both ends.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2014, 03:26 PM
Wade passed AI basically this season, and Wade will continue to play.

Wade passed AI a few years ago really.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2014, 03:29 PM
he's playing the exact same minutes per game as he did in 2012. he only played 49 games in the regular season that year too. he's on pace for more minutes and more games this year and he's two years older.

that was a packed in year though. He will play more games this year, but with a much more spread out schedule. And remember, Wade was probably the best SG in the game that year, he has declined quite a bit since, with his body starting to give out. Though he looks good recently. I am personally hoping his legs hold up and he can contribute like he did in that playoff run 3 years ago.

Chronz
03-12-2014, 04:21 PM

Really, the lockout season? Horrible comp.

This isn't Wade missing a prolonged stretch of the year and playing a compressed schedule with little rest in between, these are calculated decisions to give him extended breaks in between games. Also 2nd lowest usage of his career, hes not exerting as much energy on either end.

Again, flat out awful comparison. You're better than that

Dade County
03-12-2014, 05:49 PM

Wade will finish as the 2nd greatest sg ever, so of course his peers will consider him a top 20 player. Only most fans wont, thats their problem... They are going to have o deal with it.

Chronz
03-12-2014, 07:03 PM
And if Wade never enters a post season relatively healthy, ever again, so be it, but its not out of the realm of possibility that the time is just right. Hes struggled with his health in SOOO many playoff runs that I understand the doubt.

Hawkeye15
03-12-2014, 07:07 PM
And if Wade never enters a post season relatively healthy, ever again, so be it, but its not out of the realm of possibility that the time is just right. Hes struggled with his health in SOOO many playoff runs that I understand the doubt.

what concerns me this year, is Miami may very well need to not give him time off to try and secure HCA over Indy in the ECFs. If Indy continues to struggle, and the Heat can open up a 1-2 game lead, Wade will probably sit another 2-3 games before years end.

Miami needs him this year in the playoffs imo.

beyourself
03-12-2014, 07:42 PM
Wade is balling right now. He's not finished. Just getting healthy again.

canefandynasty
03-12-2014, 09:57 PM
As long as Wade is healthy, he is still a TOP 5 talent. Health problems obviously minimizes his production and reliability, but the talent is still there and he's still one of the TOP 5 players most exciting to watch. There are healthier and more reliable guards than Wade, but Kobe and Wade are the most talented and skilled guards in the league by evaluation. Younger guys like Curry, George, Westbrook, and Harden aren't as crafty and skilled with the ball as Kobe/Wade by the eye test. These younger guys can shoot lights out or have superior athleticism, but aren't as skilled overall.

Jeffy25
03-12-2014, 11:55 PM
I guess I don't see Wade as that special. But I do think he is a solid SG, who is worthy of top 50 praise....just not top 20 and second best SG ever praise.

WaDe03
03-13-2014, 04:07 AM
He's playing really good right now unfortunately the tram keeps losing. Just like everyone else im very anxious for the playoffs to start to see how he performs. I don't see him having 3 bad playoff runs in a row I think they've figured it out this year

numba1CHANGsta
03-13-2014, 04:40 AM
I'd rank Wade right below Pippen

ewing
03-13-2014, 08:19 AM
what if he plays really poorly and they win anyway. seriously, i don't understand questions like this

ManningToTyree
03-13-2014, 08:22 AM
He would be right there. I can't say for sure but off the top of my head he isn't far off now

J_M_B
03-13-2014, 09:27 AM
I guess I don't see Wade as that special. But I do think he is a solid SG, who is worthy of top 50 praise....just not top 20 and second best SG ever praise.

You're severely underrating what he's done in this league for the last decade.
He may not be top 20, but a strong argument can be made that he already cemented himself among the top 25.

canefandynasty
03-13-2014, 09:30 AM
what if he plays really poorly and they win anyway. seriously, i don't understand questions like this
I don't think you read the question completely.