PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger Trade Worse than Everyone Thought?

Wade n Fade
03-10-2014, 01:59 PM
Ever since the surprising Danny Granger trade, the Pacers have struggled. Paul George has been struggling since January by shooting like 40% from the field on average. Could the trade upset the balance of the locker room?

Bruno
03-10-2014, 02:00 PM
it took away their only excuse.

now these young guys have to look themselves in the mirror, and know that big bro isn't down the hall. its manning up time for the Pacers stars, are they ready?

nycericanguy
03-10-2014, 02:02 PM
Pacers have made some questionable trades of late...

Green, Plumlee and a 1st in the 2014 draft for a 34 year old SCola?

Granger for Turner? I mean Granger is a much better outside shooter and I think that's more valuable than what TUrner brings considering they already have PG, Lance and Hill as playmakers.

They even let Collison go for CJ watson?

Signing Copeland for $6m, and letting Hanborough go and then not playing Copeland? I mean Tyler is a guy you don't want to face if you're an opposing team.

Sadds The Gr8
03-10-2014, 02:03 PM
PG been playing like trash since that stripper breeding news came out.

Slug3
03-10-2014, 02:06 PM
Well ever since the trade the Heat have been struggling as well. It cursed us both.

Tony_Starks
03-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Ever since the surprising Danny Granger trade, the Pacers have struggled. Paul George has been struggling since January by shooting like 40% from the field on average. Could the trade upset the balance of the locker room?

Paul George is just fatigued he's expected to be their best defender and scorer every night.

As far as Granger this is basically his training camp with the Clipps until playoff time. He'll be fine....

DetroitBadBoy
03-10-2014, 02:10 PM
I just think the media is forcing so much pressure their way for them to get that number 1 seed. Teams also like to play harder against teams like the Pacers.

Bruno
03-10-2014, 02:11 PM
coach needs to get Georges minutes down. Kobe learned early on he couldn't facilitate an offense, score and kill it on defense EVERY NIGHT for years on end without it taking a physical toll. you can get away with it for a few years in your early or mid 20's but there comes a point where you can't do it year after year. or you exhaust yourself and collapse in the playoffs (like the 2003 Lakers who were top heavy with no bench or legit SF).

Wade n Fade
03-10-2014, 02:26 PM
coach needs to get Georges minutes down. Kobe learned early on he couldn't facilitate an offense, score and kill it on defense EVERY NIGHT for years on end without it taking a physical toll. you can get away with it for a few years in your early or mid 20's but there comes a point where you can't do it year after year. or you exhaust yourself and collapse in the playoffs (like the 2003 Lakers who were top heavy with no bench or legit SF).

I dislike the pressure from MJ where he says "I never took nights off." Really, I am sure there are a few games where he didn't hit the pedal at full capacity. What's the point of risking injury or health problems by giving maximum effort against the Bucks or Jazz? That's why I think players today are being cautious for a good reason, but then you have the blowhards that say I would do x,y and z for this amount of money and not complain or take nights off.

Wade n Fade
03-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Oh, what do you guys think about Hibbert's lack of high volume rebounding based off his averages?

John Walls Era
03-10-2014, 02:38 PM
Trade had nothing to do with their struggles. But I agree that the trade definitely didn't help them. I didn't get why PSD as a whole though Turner was going to help them. His production (per game) was inflated. His efficiency is bad.

blahblahyoutoo
03-10-2014, 02:40 PM

Granger for Turner? I mean Granger is a much better outside shooter and I think that's more valuable than what TUrner brings considering they already have PG, Lance and Hill as playmakers.

Signing Copeland for $6m, and letting Hanborough go and then not playing Copeland? I mean Tyler is a guy you don't want to face if you're an opposing team.

agreed.

Romo2Bryant
03-10-2014, 02:53 PM

Good point.

ghettosean
03-10-2014, 03:07 PM
PG been playing like trash since that stripper breeding news came out.

Pretty much this.... I hope it doesn't affect him come playoff time!

PacersForLife
03-10-2014, 03:26 PM

Gerald Green definitely was not working out here. He did not fit our system. He could hardly throw a pass into our bigs. Plumlee wasn't getting any playing time. That move was made based on wanting to win a championship this year. Bird has apparently wanted Scola for a long time.

The Turner trade was made because Granger wasn't cutting it. We were doing bad before this trade while Granger was here. Also, Hill isn't the best play-maker. The trade was made thinking Turner was similar to our other wings and could bring some spark to the second unit. It also gave us a guy who we could fall back on if Lance ends up leaving for some reason.

We did not let Collison go for Watson. Collison was gone a year before. Collison wanted to start and that wasn't going to happen here so we traded him. Watson isn't a bad backup PG either...

Hansbrough was simply not a good player in his last few years here and Copeland was not his replacement, Scola was. It does baffle me why we aren't playing Copeland when Scola is having a bad game.

Bring The Heat
03-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Isn't too early too tell? ... This trade just recently happened. Not sure if I'd expect immediate results from a new player joining a different system.

Pacers are a good team just going through a slump I think people are overreacting. You couldn't possibly believe they would maintain their level of play without struggling at some point. Every team goes through it. When it's all said and done the Pacers will be in the ECF.

Tony_Starks
03-10-2014, 03:30 PM

This is true. I remember him saying he wanted to be DPOY this season. That's admirable but not really smart long term.

When your the main scoring threat you have to pick your spots defensively. Kobe, MJ, and Lebron had to learn that.

Sadds The Gr8
03-10-2014, 04:08 PM
Pretty much this.... I hope it doesn't affect him come playoff time!
I do. Would like to play the pacers if George is playing garbage and if the raps make it past the 1st round

Jamiecballer
03-10-2014, 05:05 PM
i said it was a bad trade the day it happened but it's still too early to crow. far too early.

TheMightyHumph
03-10-2014, 06:34 PM
I dislike the pressure from MJ where he says "I never took nights off." Really, I am sure there are a few games where he didn't hit the pedal at full capacity. What's the point of risking injury or health problems by giving maximum effort against the Bucks or Jazz? That's why I think players today are being cautious for a good reason, but then you have the blowhards that say I would do x,y and z for this amount of money and not complain or take nights off.

MJ is management now. He doesn't care how hard he works his cattle.

Knowledge
03-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Evan Turner was not a good addition, he has some skills, but his weaknesses are greater. He isn't a good basketball player. I feel for Indy fans who thought they were getting an upgrade.

Lavoy doesn't care enough to even deserve to be evaluated at this point (He is horrible though).

CityofChaos
03-10-2014, 09:47 PM
How long have the Pacers played their starters throughout the season? I'd imagine the fatigue of playing an 82 season game could be settling in depending on how many minutes oldies like David West has been playing.

SPURSFAN1
03-10-2014, 10:11 PM
How long have the Pacers played their starters throughout the season? I'd imagine the fatigue of playing an 82 season game could be settling in depending on how many minutes oldies like David West has been playing.

Kinda like the Blazers of late.