PDA

View Full Version : Line of the Night: March 9th

JasonJohnHorn
03-09-2014, 11:51 PM
WTF? Did everybody have Wheaties for breakfast? Two 40+ points games, two regular triple-doubles, and two Rebounder's triple-doubles (10 or more ORB and 10 or more DRB). Two guys got 6 steals and one guys got 6 blocks! I dunno even know who to vote for here. SO many CRAZY lines! FAWK!

Jodie Meeks: 42 points (11/18), 4 steals, 2 rebounds
Kevin Durant: 27 points (8/19), 12 assists, 10 rebounds
Andre Drummond: 18 points (8/13), 22 rebounds, 1 steal
Josh Smith: 28 points (12/24), 11 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal
Kyle Lowry: 20 points (5/13), 12 rebounds, 11 assists, 2 steals
Rajon Rondo: 11 points (5/15), 18 assists, 3 steals, 2 rebounds
Kevin Love: 26 points (9/22), 11 rebounds, 9 assists, 1 steals, 1 block
Serge Ibaka: 21 points (9/18), 15 rebounds, 2 steals, 2 blocks, 1 assist
Greg Monroe: 22 points (8/15), 14 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal, 1 block
James Harden: 41 points (12/28), 10 rebounds, 6 steals, 6 assists, 1 block
Anthony Davis: 32 points (10/20), 17 rebounds, 6 blocks, 3 assists, 1 steal
DeMarcus Cousins: 28 points (13/19) 20 rebounds, 3 assists, 1 steal, 1 block

Stunner
03-09-2014, 11:55 PM
Where the hell is Noah !

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

shinjirod
03-09-2014, 11:59 PM
Harden. Since 85-86, only one other played had a 40-10-6-6 game. The other one? Michael Jordan.

mightybosstone
03-10-2014, 10:20 AM
Wait a second... I was just about to go off on a tirade about how Harden's night was a million times more impressive than Love's and this shouldn't be close. Then I realized that OP messed up and gave Love an extra 11 rebounds. His statline was only 26/11/9, which is still impressive but hardly worth of topping Harden's ridiculous 41/10/6/6. Plus, the Wolves lost at home to the Raptors. That's hardly a more impressive outing that Harden, who had a monster fourth quarter and overtime to help the Rockets beat a conference rival in a game they needed to win.

Meeks had a really nice breakout game, but his lack of statistical production aside from points kind of kills him. Lowry had a big night, but the triple double wasn't the most impressive of triple doubles. And Cousins had another 20/20 game, but it's not a better statline than Harden, and it's hard to take seriously in a blowout loss to the Nets.

Seriously, if Harden doesn't win this thing after the game he had last night, it will be a ****ing travesty.

Lakers + Giants
03-10-2014, 10:43 AM
Meeks.

mightybosstone
03-10-2014, 10:47 AM
Meeks.

Based on what? The guy had 1 more point than Harden, but was statistically inferior in literally every other statistical category. His efficiency was impressive, but are we just not going to pay any attention to rebounds or assists, or pretend like steals don't matter?

NYKnickFanatic
03-10-2014, 11:03 AM
Harden. Since 85-86, only one other played had a 40-10-6-6 game. The other one? Michael Jordan.

Harden is the next GOAT!

Deception
03-10-2014, 11:06 AM
Monroe, Smith Drummond each had good lines, front court double doubles in the same game...
I still picked Cousins, I think he had a great line, points aren't everything to me.

NYKnickFanatic
03-10-2014, 11:07 AM
Based on what? The guy had 1 more point than Harden, but was statistically inferior in literally every other statistical category. His efficiency was impressive, but are we just not going to pay any attention to rebounds or assists, or pretend like steals don't matter?

Calm down kitty cat. We get you voted Harden, but not everyone has to vote for him.

mightybosstone
03-10-2014, 11:12 AM
Calm down kitty cat. We get you voted Harden, but not everyone has to vote for him.

Okay, but let's see you actually make a case for another player. Don't just come in here and spew Harden hate if you can't make a legitimate case for anybody else. Also, I'm shocked that DMC is tied with Harden at this point. The guy put up 28/20 in a blowout loss and the rest of his statistical production was mediocre at best. What did he do that was more impressive than Harden's 41/10/6/6?

NYKnickFanatic
03-10-2014, 11:13 AM
Okay, but let's see you actually make a case for another player. Don't just come in here and spew Harden hate if you can't make a legitimate case for anybody else. Also, I'm shocked that DMC is tied with Harden at this point. The guy put up 28/20 in a blowout loss and the rest of his statistical production was mediocre at best. What did he do that was more impressive than Harden's 41/10/6/6?

I voted for Harden, but to say people are spewing Harden hate is ridiculous. Because people aren't voting for him, they are spewing hate? Come on...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

mightybosstone
03-10-2014, 11:21 AM
I voted for Harden, but to say people are spewing Harden hate is ridiculous. Because people aren't voting for him, they are spewing hate? Come on...

You did make a clear joke about Harden being the "GOAT." It was a joke, but I'd certainly chalk that up to a little Harden hate. As for everyone else, I'm not saying they're hating on the guy, but there are some clear homer picks going on in this thread or people just aren't voting for him for some reason. If it had been Lebron and Durant that had posted a 41/10/6/6 I think this would have been a foregone conclusion already.

NYKnickFanatic
03-10-2014, 11:25 AM
You did make a clear joke about Harden being the "GOAT." It was a joke, but I'd certainly chalk that up to a little Harden hate. As for everyone else, I'm not saying they're hating on the guy, but there are some clear homer picks going on in this thread or people just aren't voting for him for some reason. If it had been Lebron and Durant that had posted a 41/10/6/6 I think this would have been a foregone conclusion already.

He is the next GOAT though...

Ebbs
03-10-2014, 11:45 AM
Should be love. Harden get's my vote for being only the second guy to notch the stat line

mightybosstone
03-10-2014, 11:51 AM
Should be love. Harden get's my vote for being only the second guy to notch the stat line

The OP got Love's stat line wrong. He had 11 rebounds instead of 22. If it had been 22, I think you could make a strong case for Love over Harden despite Harden's performance coming in a big win over a fellow playoff team and Love's coming in a loss at home.

Lakers + Giants
03-10-2014, 12:37 PM

1 more point, but also 10 less minutes. You acknowledge meeks was more efficient but honestly it was a huge disparity.

Had meeks attempted 28 FGs like Harden he would up put up 65 pts, no joke, look at meeks Points per attempt. Had harden attempted 18 FGs like meeks he wouldve put up 26 pts. It's a huge difference honestly. Enough to offset the disparity in rebounds and assists imo. Steals? Eh meeks had 4, again, in 10 less minutes.

Also, on the defensive end meeks held westbrook to 20 pts on 23 shots, while also committing 8 TOs. The lakers also got the W btw, which really helps meeks' case, other wise they woyldve been empty stats.

Overall, taking everything into consideration, i really do think meeks had a better night. You stated Harden not winning LOTN would be a "travesty", that's not the case at all.

NYKnickFanatic
03-10-2014, 12:42 PM
The OP got Love's stat line wrong. He had 11 rebounds instead of 22. If it had been 22, I think you could make a strong case for Love over Harden despite Harden's performance coming in a big win over a fellow playoff team and Love's coming in a loss at home.

Dude, it's line of the night. Stop talking about wins and losses, they don't factor in on the vote.

JetRocketAngel
03-10-2014, 02:15 PM
Of course winning and losing matter for a stat line. Stat lines in blowouts are meaningless to most people.

True Sports Fan
03-10-2014, 03:28 PM
Wait a second... I was just about to go off on a tirade about how Harden's night was a million times more impressive than Love's and this shouldn't be close. Then I realized that OP messed up and gave Love an extra 11 rebounds. His statline was only 26/11/9, which is still impressive but hardly worth of topping Harden's ridiculous 41/10/6/6. Plus, the Wolves lost at home to the Raptors. That's hardly a more impressive outing that Harden, who had a monster fourth quarter and overtime to help the Rockets beat a conference rival in a game they needed to win.

Meeks had a really nice breakout game, but his lack of statistical production aside from points kind of kills him. Lowry had a big night, but the triple double wasn't the most impressive of triple doubles. And Cousins had another 20/20 game, but it's not a better statline than Harden, and it's hard to take seriously in a blowout loss to the Nets.

Seriously, if Harden doesn't win this thing after the game he had last night, it will be a ****ing travesty. You don't even know the situation with Cousins. He brought a lead down to two and as soon as we took him out and gay got injured Nets went on a huge run. No one could get it clicking once we took cousins out. That being said Harden deserves LOTN

NYKnickFanatic
03-10-2014, 03:51 PM
Of course winning and losing matter for a stat line. Stat lines in blowouts are meaningless to most people.

So if stat lines in blowouts are meaningless, then I guess Melo and LeBrons 60+ meant nothing, also Westbrooks triple double in 20 minutes, right?

It's about the stats, that's all. Someone can go and score 80 points and lose, I can bet they would get LOTN.

archdevil84
03-10-2014, 04:13 PM
mightybossstone is a boss poster who actually uses his mind but i stil hate james harden alot. just personal reasons though :D

mightybosstone
03-10-2014, 05:41 PM
So if stat lines in blowouts are meaningless, then I guess Melo and LeBrons 60+ meant nothing, also Westbrooks triple double in 20 minutes, right?

It's about the stats, that's all. Someone can go and score 80 points and lose, I can bet they would get LOTN.

When I vote on LOTN I take everything into consideration. How important was the game? How did they perform down the stretch? Did they win? What was the margin of victory? Did it take them too many shots to score that many points? Were they productive across the board?

Cousins had a good night, but they lost by 15 to a mediocre Nets team that wasn't even a close game going in the fourth quarter. Meeks was ridiculously efficient, but his production across the board is not remotely comparable to Harden. Also, there is so little significance to any Laker victory at this point, while that Rockets win over the Blazers had major playoff significance.

I don't think you can just ignore the context of a performance to look solely at the numbers. If someone puts up 50 or 60, that's a big freaking deal regardless of who they're playing. If somebody has a ridiculous statline of like 40/20 or something like that, obviously that guy would have posted the best stat line. But when they're as close as some of the lines were last night, I think you have to consider the context of those stat lines.

Lakers + Giants
03-10-2014, 06:37 PM
To be fair, that W might not have been important to us, but it was still an impactful win throughout the league. All the teams fighting for the #1 overall seed benefited. Including your rockets.

True Sports Fan
03-10-2014, 06:44 PM
Once again It wasn't Cousins fault we lost. Dude was the reason we were in the game in the first place. It was a two point deficit until we took him out. He came back in down 19 and Nets were just hitting every perimeter shot. Still going with harden but Cousins had a great efficient night