PDA

View Full Version : NBA players on Twitter: Sporting college pics over current team

JasonJohnHorn
03-09-2014, 07:52 AM
I've noticed that on Twitter a lot of players (not all, but a significant amount), post pictures of themselves in their college jerseys instead of the team they currently play for.

What do you think the reason for this is? Are players more loyal to their college? Or do they just figure that they might be traded and it's easier to just leave the college pics up so they don't have to update. Or do they perhaps not intend on staying with whatever team they are on?

Not a big deal, and perhaps not thread worthy, but I thought I'd ask because I notice it a lot.

Goose17
03-09-2014, 07:57 AM
It seems that players have really fond memories of their time at college. I mean I think the team mates grow a lot closer and it's a completely different locker room atmosphere.

I remember reading a report/interview from Barnes and Klay where they were talking about the Dubs chemistry and Landry & Jack had told them something along the lines of "Enjoy this moment, we've both played for numerous teams in this league and we've never had this, this is a college ball atmosphere, if you play for another NBA team it won't be like this".

So yeah, I figure they just like to reminisce. You even hear analysts and commentators talking about rookies like "Well I like him because he's an LSU guy like me" or whatever, they don't say, "I like him because he's a Phoenix Suns guy".

It's actually quite strange.

Heediot
03-09-2014, 07:59 AM
Maybe players are reppin' their school cuz March Madness is around the corner. Just a guess. I'm not on twitter so if you see Lillard in a Weber State jersey but that team isn't good then maybe I'm wrong.

Six-8-TheWizard
03-09-2014, 08:10 AM
Well some younger players may have just never updated it

JasonJohnHorn
03-09-2014, 11:43 AM
Maybe players are reppin' their school cuz March Madness is around the corner. Just a guess. I'm not on twitter so if you see Lillard in a Weber State jersey but that team isn't good then maybe I'm wrong.

I expect some guys to post pics with they college threads in March, but I've noticed this trend all season.

PacersForLife
03-09-2014, 12:24 PM
I'm guessing it's because they got to choose where they went to college and have a lot of good memories. In the league there's a good chance they might not even necessarily like the team they play for or they could get traded, like you mentioned, unless they are a star on a good team.

Chronz
03-09-2014, 01:11 PM
College is the one situation they chose, they were recruited and smooched during the entire process. Right before they ditched them for the money

NBA_Starter
03-09-2014, 10:58 PM
I see nothing wrong with it.

beyourself
03-09-2014, 11:11 PM
Because college basketball is more innocent.