PDA

View Full Version : LeBron says sleeves partially to blame for bad shooting night

JasonJohnHorn
03-08-2014, 06:37 AM
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/10566448/lebron-james-miami-heat-says-sleeved-jersey-partly-blame-night

LBJ says he was not "making excuses" but did site the sleeves as part of the reason he shot poorly against the Spurs. I'm not sure why he even felt the need to address that, because frankly, he's been shooting at an historic clip all season. He gets a pass on a 6/18 night once in a while. Though when I read that, I had to roll my eyes a little. I think the Spurs defense is to credit for the poor shooting night.

And I can just imagine Jordan reading that story: Hey, LeBron, if you think t-shirt inhibit your shooting, try dealing with hand-checking.

jaydubb
03-08-2014, 06:44 AM
Lebrons armpits need to be aerodynamic for successful jump shots.. :shrug:

Heediot
03-08-2014, 06:53 AM
There might some truth to it. Different body types and physiques might tighten around the shoulder-deltoid area with those jerseys.

John Walls Era
03-08-2014, 06:56 AM
I like this new cocky and arrogant Lebron. Making excuses and basically dismissing the Spurs.

Duncan = Donkey
03-08-2014, 07:03 AM
They don't effect Gerald Green. Pretty embarrassing comment to be honest

ModernDaySavage
03-08-2014, 07:04 AM
Not going to lie, I can't stand to wear any type of sleeves at all while I play. That being said, I like Durant's response about sleeves a lot more. LeBron will just get hate on for saying that.

bledrules
03-08-2014, 08:09 AM
How bad is this web site getting when the mods allow a thread in the main forum about LBJ's jersey sleeve

torocan
03-08-2014, 10:47 AM
*Yawn*. Excuses, excuses.

DWade has bad knees all last season and doesn't say crap until after the season is over. However, Lebron's sleeves are too tight?

Please...

kdspurman
03-08-2014, 12:03 PM
ha... i thought this was funny. you'd think after x-mas day and the all star game if they bothered him so much he would wear a bigger size so it could be more loose. (like everyone else wears) Even Bosh said Lebron likes wearing those skin tight shirts.

I went back and watched his field goals from x-mas day and they were all dunks/post ups. Against the Spurs, all he was doing was settling for jump shots, and that's because that's all SA gave him. So he can blame the shirt, but it's not like we didn't see similar defense/results during the finals. Pop just has as solid game plan against him.

tredigs
03-08-2014, 12:25 PM
ha... i thought this was funny. you'd think after x-mas day and the all star game if they bothered him so much he would wear a bigger size so it could be more loose. (like everyone else wears) Even Bosh said Lebron likes wearing those skin tight shirts.

I went back and watched his field goals from x-mas day and they were all dunks/post ups. Against the Spurs, all he was doing was settling for jump shots, and that's because that's all SA gave him. So he can blame the shirt, but it's not like we didn't see similar defense/results during the finals. Pop just has as solid game plan against him.

Was he wearing it in the Houston game too?

mightybosstone
03-08-2014, 12:44 PM
I can't remember where I saw the article, but I read an article that showed Lebron's shooting stats in the three games he wore sleeves, and he was like 0 for 10 or 12 from the 3-point line in those games. I'm not making excuses for the guy, but clearly something is bothering him if he's shooting that poorly. And I've heard other athletes aren't a fan of the sleeves either.

Having watched a good portion of that game, I certainly don't think the sleeves would have made a difference one way or the other. But if players are performing poorly while wearing them and are speaking out against them, then the league needs to reconsider how necessary they are in the first place. Marketing should not take priority over athletic performance.

thephoenixson28
03-08-2014, 12:44 PM
It's uncomfortable to shoot with sleeves.

kdspurman
03-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Was he wearing it in the Houston game too?

Nah, that game was regular jerseys. Just coming off a b2b from his 61 point game

tredigs
03-08-2014, 12:55 PM
I can't remember where I saw the article, but I read an article that showed Lebron's shooting stats in the three games he wore sleeves, and he was like 0 for 10 or 12 from the 3-point line in those games. I'm not making excuses for the guy, but clearly something is bothering him if he's shooting that poorly. And I've heard other athletes aren't a fan of the sleeves either.

Having watched a good portion of that game, I certainly don't think the sleeves would have made a difference one way or the other. But if players are performing poorly while wearing them and are speaking out against them, then the league needs to reconsider how necessary they are in the first place. Marketing should not take priority over athletic performance.

I'd be curious to see the shooting numbers with/without for the players as a whole; I bet they're nearly identical. When I played I never wore a jersey unless I was in-game, and never cared or noticed the difference. But when you're that in tune it's possible it makes a difference.

kdspurman
03-08-2014, 12:56 PM

Yea I mean most guys didn't like them from both sides. But it goes back to why does he have to wear the compressed jersey? (I've only see him & Dwight wear those and Dwight doesn't really shoot) Why not wear a lose one, it's much easier to shoot with loose sleeves then the tight ones. That's obviously where the pulling comes from that he described when he shoots. I get the whole look of it, but just seems like he made the choice to use that style vs the type most others are.

KniCks4LiFe
03-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Ofcourse it's going to bug you if you keep wearing the extreme spandex version.

Wear a size larger you idiot.

Slug3
03-08-2014, 05:28 PM
I. Relieve he said the same thing even after the Laker game back in December.

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-08-2014, 05:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miamiheat/story/_/id/10566448/lebron-james-miami-heat-says-sleeved-jersey-partly-blame-night

LBJ says he was not "making excuses" but did site the sleeves as part of the reason he shot poorly against the Spurs. I'm not sure why he even felt the need to address that, because frankly, he's been shooting at an historic clip all season. He gets a pass on a 6/18 night once in a while. Though when I read that, I had to roll my eyes a little. I think the Spurs defense is to credit for the poor shooting night.

And I can just imagine Jordan reading that story: Hey, LeBron, if you think t-shirt inhibit your shooting, try dealing with hand-checking.

this is actually not the first time he said that.. he said that even while shooting 50% from the floor last time.

jerellh528
03-08-2014, 06:01 PM
Lol he really didn't blame the shirts did he?

Kushed
03-08-2014, 06:03 PM
if you've ever played basketball, which its clear to me that a bunch of you haven't then you'd realize that when you have to go against your routine or wear something different than what you are used to it can have the slightest effect that ends up throwing you off just enough

not making excuses for lebron because then get a looser fitting jersey!! or realize that its effecting your jumpshot and drive to the hole more!!!

but there is no doubt it effects his jumpshot.. and when you have to wear that only a few times a season over an 82 game schedule then has it will throw you off a bit

kobe4thewinbang
03-10-2014, 08:33 PM
I don't know the sleeves on these uniforms are tight in the first place. Are they bicyclists now? Just make them loose.

IndyRealist
03-10-2014, 08:52 PM
I don't know the sleeves on these uniforms are tight in the first place. Are they bicyclists now? Just make them loose.

They're not tight unless you wear them two sizes too small like Lebron does.

Kashmir13579
03-10-2014, 08:54 PM
Not saying this specifically about Lebron, he's the man.. But i love how players always say "not making any excuses," directly before they make excuses.. Its the norm..

jerellh528
03-10-2014, 08:59 PM
if you've ever played basketball, which its clear to me that a bunch of you haven't then you'd realize that when you have to go against your routine or wear something different than what you are used to it can have the slightest effect that ends up throwing you off just enough

not making excuses for lebron because then get a looser fitting jersey!! or realize that its effecting your jumpshot and drive to the hole more!!!

but there is no doubt it effects his jumpshot.. and when you have to wear that only a few times a season over an 82 game schedule then has it will throw you off a bit

Yeah we all know that sleeves may slightly effect your shot, that's not the point. The point is he had to actually say this to the media lol.

Tony_Starks
03-10-2014, 09:04 PM
Oh it was the sleeves? Right......right.......

Slug3
03-10-2014, 09:07 PM
Do any of you ever read at all? He has been saying it all year. Ever since they first wore them. It wasn't just this one time.

LA_Raiders
03-10-2014, 10:46 PM
Lol, he sucks

Hawkeye15
03-10-2014, 10:53 PM
It's uncomfortable to shoot with sleeves.

yeah, honestly, not even making excuses for LeBron, but in general, I was a shooter. I ****ing HATED sleeves. The minute you get sweaty, they start clinging to your arm. I just honestly hated them. The stupid sleeve uniforms need to die.

Hawkeye15
03-10-2014, 10:54 PM
Do any of you ever read at all? He has been saying it all year. Ever since they first wore them. It wasn't just this one time.

I would have too. I hate sleeves while playing basketball, because my game was based around being a shooter. I literally would rip the sleeve off my arm if I missed a few in a row in a pickup game.

Bruno
03-10-2014, 10:58 PM
jalen rose talked about this on his podcast weeks before these three games by LBJ.

Slug3
03-10-2014, 11:04 PM
jalen rose talked about this on his podcast weeks before these three games by LBJ.

The sleeves are so stupid. Only reason they are trying them out is so they can try and get accepted and then the nba starts putting advertisements on them.

kdspurman
03-11-2014, 07:51 AM
Ofcourse it's going to bug you if you keep wearing the extreme spandex version.

Wear a size larger you idiot.

Said this 2x already... Those compression type shirts with sleeves aren't ideal for ball. Football yes.. Not basketball. He should blame himself. Bosh was shooting the hell out of the ball with sleeves. Except his wasn't 2-3 sizes too small

DR_1
03-11-2014, 03:13 PM

:laugh2:

Kashmir13579
03-11-2014, 06:30 PM
yeah, honestly, not even making excuses for LeBron, but in general, I was a shooter. I ****ing HATED sleeves. The minute you get sweaty, they start clinging to your arm. I just honestly hated them. The stupid sleeve uniforms need to die.

Yeah.. Sleeves really have no place on the basketball court..

JC_
03-11-2014, 07:53 PM
I think it's a mental thing for Lebron. I think he could shoot just as good with sleeves but when you are shooting as good as he has this season, something like this is a huge change; if you don't accept it mentally, it's going to hurt you.

Supreme LA
03-11-2014, 11:10 PM
Quit making excuses for the guy and Lebron quit making excuses yourself. Is it that hard to credit San Antonio's defense and how well they played that night? Such a douche.

still1ballin
03-12-2014, 12:15 AM
Get a bigger size then

Gerald green put up 42 PTS with sleeves.