PDA

View Full Version : Marc Gasol or Joakim Noah?

CubsBullsBucs
03-07-2014, 08:08 PM
It seems like Marc Gasol was the best center in the league to some at the beginning of they year. Now, who would you rather have on your team for the next 5 years. Both are 29.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Noah for me. While I think Gasol is a slightly better defender, Noah is no slouch at tall in that department, and I like Noah's ability to cover more ground, and he is a better offensive player and rebounder. I mean, 12/11/5/1/1.5 is awesome. He could stop shooting 16 footers so much, but Noah for me, has a slight edge.

I guess it would come down to the situation/roster around them in all reality.

Asik's better
03-07-2014, 08:19 PM
As much as I love gasol as a player and would love him as a center on my team, I would choose Noah.

TheMightyHumph
03-07-2014, 08:20 PM
To me, Joakim, no question. JMO, of course.

ManRam
03-07-2014, 08:21 PM
I LOOOOVEE Joey, but I think Gasol is better on both ends. Noah makes up for a lot with intangibles, effort, intensity, etc....which I all of which is quite infectious, but I do think Gasol is the better player. Gasol is more of a threat on both ends. His help defense especially is a bit better, and I think that's the ultimate deal maker.

Gasol last year was arguably a top-7 or so player. His defensive impact alone was ridiculous. This year the injury kinda slowed him, but when healthy, he's been better consistently.

I do have Noah in my top-5 MVPs right now, but that award takes more into account than just who's better. Shows how much I think of both.

RipCity32
03-07-2014, 08:23 PM
Noah

Shammyguy3
03-07-2014, 08:42 PM
Noah for me. While I think Gasol is a slightly better defender, Noah is no slouch at tall in that department, and I like Noah's ability to cover more ground, and he is a better offensive player and rebounder. I mean, 12/11/5/1/1.5 is awesome. He could stop shooting 16 footers so much, but Noah for me, has a slight edge.

I guess it would come down to the situation/roster around them in all reality.

I'm not sure Noah's a better offensive player, depending on how much you factor in scoring & playmaking respectively in this scenario. Gasol and Noah have similar ts%es, but Noah does turn it over more and can't be relied upon anywhere outside of 5 feet consistently. It's definitely close though

abe_froman
03-07-2014, 08:54 PM
choose noah.gasol is probably the better player when healthy,but the gap between them is razor thin,and when you factor in the intangibles(and that i just love noah's personality/fav player and all) and it swings it in favor of jo.

SluggeR
03-07-2014, 09:02 PM
My biggest issue with Gasol is that he's not aggressive enough. The guy is very talented, but he is waay too passive for my taste. He's in better shape than he was coming into the league, but maybe if he would hit the weights more he would fight more to get the ball closer to the basket. If Gasol was more aggressive on the offensive end, it would be Gasol hands down.

I love Noah because he's the size of the New Age centers, but has the mentality of the old school centers. Noah has skills and that DOG in him that I like to see from players. In today's NBA where everyone wants to play small, Noah may be more valuable because of his sped and agility for his position. Gasol would definitely have the advantage if this was "yesterday's" NBA. You can't go wrong with either.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2014, 09:29 PM
I'm not sure Noah's a better offensive player, depending on how much you factor in scoring & playmaking respectively in this scenario. Gasol and Noah have similar ts%es, but Noah does turn it over more and can't be relied upon anywhere outside of 5 feet consistently. It's definitely close though

Yeah, he may not be a better offensive player I suppose.

Again, its situation by situation for me. I do think Noah is faster on defense, but not as sound physically.

YoungOne
03-07-2014, 09:34 PM
ill take gasol, noah seems more injury prone, looking at their game totals per season.
Other than that u cant go wrong with either one.

Shammyguy3
03-07-2014, 09:45 PM
Yeah, he may not be a better offensive player I suppose.

Again, its situation by situation for me. I do think Noah is faster on defense, but not as sound physically.

I agree with that

nickdymez
03-07-2014, 10:40 PM
I think Noah is a top 3 center in the league. I think Gasol is top 5. I would love for Noah to join the lakers

Shammyguy3
03-07-2014, 10:47 PM
tonight was a great game between the two guys, with Noah's greatest weakness of getting careless with the ball a little too much showing up in the game, and Gasol showcasing a clear advantage he has on Noah - spacing the floor

c.c.
03-07-2014, 10:59 PM
Noah! He plays his *** off every night, all night

jerellh528
03-07-2014, 11:04 PM
Marc when healthy imo.

Blitzbolt
03-07-2014, 11:26 PM
Noah gets all the attention for some reason but Gasol is just smarter and that's the bottom line.+Gasol has a jump shot something no other true Center has.

KnicksorBust
03-07-2014, 11:33 PM
No slight to Noah who imo is one if the 5 most irreplaceable players in the nba this season, but I want Gasol. I trust him on the block more (on both ends) and love his high post game. Noah is a better passer and a tremendous help defender but to me it is still Gasol.

Shammyguy3
03-07-2014, 11:37 PM
idk what your description of a "True" center is but all o fBrook Lopez, Tim Duncan, Chris Bosh, Al Horford, Nikola Vucevic, Pau Gasol, and probably a couple others i forget all have jump-shots and play the majority of minutes at center

Blitzbolt
03-07-2014, 11:41 PM
Most of them play PF something Marc never gets to do.(not Lopez)true Center=always at Center.

poleandreel
03-07-2014, 11:49 PM
Marc is the better defender, has a better post up game and midrange shot, and is the better passer. Noah is great at all of these things too, but Marc just has much more skill. Noah has more hustle, but in terms of skill and talent, Marc is better. Noah is always injured too for some reason.

Give me Marc.

5ass
03-07-2014, 11:58 PM
I'd take both, put Noah at PF and have the best frontcourt in the nba.

Shammyguy3
03-08-2014, 12:23 AM
Most of them play PF something Marc never gets to do.(not Lopez)true Center=always at Center.

That's a very stupid way to define a "true" center. Being able to play PF in certain scenarios shouldn't declassify you as a "true" center - it means you're awesome. I guess Magic Johnson wasn't a "true" point guard then. And for the record:
Tim Duncan has played 100% of his minutes at center for the past 5 seasons, make it 6 if you count this season. (http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/duncati01.html)

Blitzbolt
03-08-2014, 12:29 AM
Yea and Splitter is the PF.....

MrfadeawayJB
03-08-2014, 12:55 AM
Id go Marc. Put him in a situation where he needs to score points and I see him getting 20 pts a game easy

Hellcrooner
03-08-2014, 01:13 AM
Marc.

He can " take over a game" if needed be.

Kyben36
03-08-2014, 01:14 AM
honestly, i am a huge noah fan, but i will say that it depends on who you are as a team, a defensive team like the bulls would love Noah, but he makes you play a little diferenstly that you typicaly would, but, if your looking for a more typical center, Gasol is your type, but value wise, both are very close, i like noahs heart though.

Sadds The Gr8
03-08-2014, 01:19 AM
Gasol but it's very close. Wish he was more aggressive on offense though

b@llhog24
03-08-2014, 01:30 AM
I'd take both, put Noah at PF and have the best frontcourt in the nba.

That D though :drool:

Sent via Tapatalk

WARRIORS@GR
03-08-2014, 01:33 AM
Noah by far imo.

I'd take Noah over any Center in the league.He is not the best player,but his heart and passion is something i haven't seen in the league since a very long time.Give me that every night,over a slightly better player.

Blitzbolt
03-08-2014, 01:44 AM
Look at the game today Noah had a great game but got to crazy at the end turning the ball all over the place while Gasol finish him off on offense.

FUKudomeYOMOMMA
03-08-2014, 01:44 AM
its kind of a weird question since gasol plays center and noah plays pg

Shammyguy3
03-08-2014, 02:23 AM

so you're disregarding the link I just gave you completely? :laugh2: and disregarding the rest of the post i made as well. Cool.

Id go Marc. Put him in a situation where he needs to score points and I see him getting 20 pts a game easy

The Grizzlies struggle to score at times and yet Gasol doesn't score more than he does. Gasol's not a 20 point scorer "easily." He can score 20 points on a given night, but he can't do it routinely otherwise he would be doing it more often

:laugh:

MrfadeawayJB
03-08-2014, 11:17 AM

so you're disregarding the link I just gave you completely? :laugh2: and disregarding the rest of the post i made as well. Cool.

The Grizzlies struggle to score at times and yet Gasol doesn't score more than he does. Gasol's not a 20 point scorer "easily." He can score 20 points on a given night, but he can't do it routinely otherwise he would be doing it more often

:laugh:

I disagree. I think Marc not scoring consistent 20 pt efforts has more to do with unselfishness. He lacks aggressiveness. Coming from European ball, it's just as sexy to get an assist as it is a basket. It's not uncommon for Marc to attempt 1 0 shots a game. Given his supreme offensive skill, I'd love to see him attempts 20 fgs each game.

MonroeFAN
03-08-2014, 11:30 AM
I would have said Gasol at the start of the season.

It's difficult to go against Noah right now though.

todu82
03-09-2014, 03:19 PM
Noah for me.

Shammyguy3
03-10-2014, 11:04 PM
I disagree. I think Marc not scoring consistent 20 pt efforts has more to do with unselfishness. He lacks aggressiveness. Coming from European ball, it's just as sexy to get an assist as it is a basket. It's not uncommon for Marc to attempt 1 0 shots a game. Given his supreme offensive skill, I'd love to see him attempts 20 fgs each game.

Supreme offensive skill? 20fga per game? Overboard

MrfadeawayJB
03-10-2014, 11:43 PM

Supreme offensive skill? 20fga per game? Overboard

Is he not one of the most versatile bigs in the nba? He has a back to the basket, face up, and mid range jumper. He is a top 3 passer at his position. 20 fga's is quite a bit but I'm just stating that gasols unselfishness and good teammates causes him to have low fga's. If forced into a consistent 15-20 shots a game like paus situation, he could get 20 every game IMO

MrfadeawayJB
03-10-2014, 11:44 PM
With that said though Noah has been on a tear lately

KNICKS R BACK
11-02-2014, 08:17 AM
Marc Gasol