PDA

View Full Version : Knicks offered Phil Jackson front office job ?

Stunner
03-07-2014, 05:47 PM
http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1714166

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

Chronz
03-07-2014, 06:15 PM
Radio guys in LA said the Knicks sent their B guy to interview him and he was not impressed or giving the impression that he was considering anything

NYCkid12
03-07-2014, 06:16 PM
I'm convinced Phil just wanted a free dinner ........ no shot he takes the job

NYCkid12
03-07-2014, 06:18 PM
Radio guys in LA said the Knicks sent their B guy to interview him and he was not impressed or giving the impression that he was considering anything

Why would he ? Knicks literally have zero to offer besides money which is irrelevant because the majority of the league would pony up the same with better situations

abe_froman
03-07-2014, 06:18 PM
dunno if that would work
phil=egotistical and power hungry
dolan=egotistical and power hungry

for it to work someone would have to give up control and cant see either doing that...it would be entertaining though,seeing each undercutting the other,trying to turn everyone in the organization against the other.but seriously doubt this happens

j-bay
03-07-2014, 06:19 PM
I doubt he goes to the Knicks.

lamzoka
03-07-2014, 06:24 PM
everyone is saying if won't happen, but if it happens. every one will be saying its a bad move.

They offered him the head coaching job, phil said he's not interested in coaching. Thats when they offered him the front office job.

NYCkid12
03-07-2014, 06:31 PM
everyone is saying if won't happen, but if it happens. every one will be saying its a bad move.

They offered him the head coaching job, phil said he's not interested in coaching. Thats when they offered him the front office job.

Definitely wouldn't be a bad move, but he's essentially walking into a rebuilld because there is no cap flexibility for this upcoming off season

I would give them slightly better odds of landing him NEXT off season when they have the money to add another star but even then I don't see a realistic chance

Stunner
03-07-2014, 06:35 PM
I heard that Dolan talked to him and his decision would be made later next week

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

kozelkid
03-07-2014, 07:00 PM

It would be a bad move. Coaching and gm'ing requires 100% commitment and is a 24 hour/7 day a week job. If you aren't committed, the results will show. And it couldn't be more evident that Phil is enjoying retirement. If he needs to be wooed to get back in the game, I'd be legitimately concerned.

Utd7
03-07-2014, 07:15 PM
This must means Dolan has agreed to give PJ FULL basketball autonomy no? Otherwise Phil isn't getting involved in a situation like this.

smith&wesson
03-07-2014, 07:24 PM
he has wanted a front office job all along... well heres his chance. why is every one acting like new york would be a bad place for him ? they spend loads of money.

Stunner
03-07-2014, 07:28 PM
Rumors is Phil doesn't want the job if Melo stays , just like years ago because Melo didn't fit with Amare . Just passing info I see from the Knicks forum

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

KnicksYanks
03-07-2014, 07:31 PM
Rumors is Phil doesn't want the job if Melo stays , just like years ago because Melo didn't fit with Amare . Just passing info I see from the Knicks forum

Tapatalk Rulez !!!
I don't think there is a legitimate source for that

abe_froman
03-07-2014, 07:33 PM
he has wanted a front office job all along... well heres his chance. why is every one acting like new york would be a bad place for him ? they spend loads of money.

he has desperately wanted to be gm for decades,but ny is a mess and has a meddling owner that undercuts his gms,even highly regarded guys like donnie walsh came in looking to turn things around only to get sucked into the blackhole that is dolan's knicks,until dolan backs off ,that position is poison...and there's questions surround phil if he'd even be a good one

smood999
03-07-2014, 07:37 PM

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

I believe the poster was just joking to get the Melo supporters riled up

KnicksorBust
03-07-2014, 07:42 PM
It only would have worked if it happened right when Melo came to NY. Now this is all bunch of twitter worthy nonsense. Melo will walk because there is nothing about the roster that would make a player believe he could win here and the idea that Phil would join a re-build is absurdity at it's finest.

Stunner
03-07-2014, 07:43 PM
I believe the poster was just joking to get the Melo supporters riled up

But it could be true though , Phil would know that taking over a Knicks club that cap would handicap them . He would prob want to rebuild the whole team in his image .

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

abe_froman
03-07-2014, 07:46 PM
But it could be true though , Phil would know that taking over a Knicks club that cap would handicap them . He would prob want to rebuild the whole team in his image .

Tapatalk Rulez !!!
i doubt it ,phil is big on star power ,i just cant see him wanting to lose any

Stunner
03-07-2014, 07:48 PM
i doubt it ,phil is big on star power ,i just cant see him wanting to lose any

He turned the job years ago though when Melo was younger with Amare though

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

abe_froman
03-07-2014, 07:51 PM
He turned the job years ago though when Melo was younger with Amare though

Tapatalk Rulez !!!
and? he could have turned it down for any number of reasons,doesnt mean it has anything to do with melo

Stunner
03-07-2014, 07:56 PM
and? he could have turned it down for any number of reasons,doesnt mean it has anything to do with melo

Clearly heard the reports were he didn't feel that Melo and Amare fit

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

slashsnake
03-07-2014, 11:02 PM

Bad owner, bad contracts, bad players, no draft picks.

xxplayerxx23
03-08-2014, 02:30 AM

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

There's no link or source that was a Knick can talking out of his ***

xxplayerxx23
03-08-2014, 02:32 AM

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

Clearly amare isn't in the future plans

J4KOP99
03-08-2014, 02:40 AM
Some of you are even dumber than I previously thought. There is not a chance in hell that Phil Jackson goes to the New York Knicks under any circumstances.

I can't believe some of you are actually buying into this.

smood999
03-08-2014, 03:09 AM

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

Yes, it seems his issue was Melo and Amare together...not Melo by himself. Although not as good (clearly, obviously), Melo's DNA is that of Phil's previous star players....I don't see him having an issue with him