PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love's response to Tyson Chandlers comments....

GiantsSwaGG
03-07-2014, 03:57 PM
Kevin Love, in response to Tyson Chandler's comments about his defense: "******* him. I don't give a *******."

Lol

Stunner
03-07-2014, 03:58 PM
LMFAOOO Really ?

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

ManRam
03-07-2014, 04:02 PM
7-letters?

Am I missing something?

cssdmark
03-07-2014, 04:07 PM
Couldnt Kevin say Tyson does not play offense.

KniCks4LiFe
03-07-2014, 04:09 PM
can't say I blame him.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2014, 04:09 PM
where is this even from?

Sadds The Gr8
03-07-2014, 04:11 PM
bs...where's the link?

*Superman*
03-07-2014, 04:12 PM
Source: http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/07/kevin-loves-response-to-tyson-chandler-is-expletive-him-but-dont-think-this-is-a-feud/

Hawkeye15
03-07-2014, 04:16 PM
I know Love and Chandler are actually friends, so while they may be a little competitiveness in the back and forth, kinda feels like they are just taking little friendly jabs at each other

D-Leethal
03-07-2014, 04:19 PM
where is this even from?

Halftime during the last game they talked about the difficulty for him guarding Love and than asked "what do you guys have to do to combat that" or something along those lines - he said "Go back at him - he can't play D".

I know Love and Chandler are actually friends, so while they may be a little competitiveness in the back and forth, kinda feels like they are just taking little friendly jabs at each other

Agreed. California connection and USA teammates - they probably just busting balls.

Sadds The Gr8
03-07-2014, 04:19 PM
they're friends? who cares then...if they actually hated each other this would be awesome

D-Leethal
03-07-2014, 04:20 PM
Couldnt Kevin say Tyson does not play offense.

Tyson's ORTG would tell you he's a top 5 offensive player of all time.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2014, 04:24 PM

quit picking on those who never use context haha. I am a stats guy, but yeah, context is the key

kdspurman
03-07-2014, 04:25 PM

Yea i just saw the guys 2nd tweet:

Phil Ervin @PhilErvin
Again, Kevin Love and Tyson Chandler are friends, guys. There's probably at least a little jest behind both men's words.

I don't think it's anything more than just friendly jabs.

KniCks4LiFe
03-07-2014, 04:27 PM

his offensive ratings sicken me. It's a disgrace it's so high when he really really does suck.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2014, 04:28 PM
his offensive ratings sicken me. It's a disgrace it's so high when he really really does suck.

that is what happens when you don't turn the ball over, and get all your points off dunks/putbacks though.

Chronz
03-07-2014, 04:29 PM
So does his FG%, BEAST

JasonJohnHorn
03-07-2014, 05:10 PM
If I were Love I would have just said: I don't need to play defense against Chandler. He can't score. And Chandler can't: shoot 3's, mid-range jumpers, free throws, pass or rebound as well as me.

D-Leethal
03-07-2014, 05:19 PM

When some of the leagues best offenses year after year are spearheaded by inefficient "chuckers" and a guy who can't finish layups and doesn't have a single go-to move in the paint had the best offensive rating of all time - there is a flaw in the system.

But thats a story for another day...

I don't think Love would have responded like such a prick if he WASN'T kidding. Seems like one of your boys busting your balls and coming back with "yea yea go **** yourself" in a playful manner.

D-Leethal
03-07-2014, 05:20 PM
If I were Love I would have just said: I don't need to play defense against Chandler. He can't score. And Chandler can't: shoot 3's, mid-range jumpers, free throws, pass or rebound as well as me.

My response would have been something along the lines of "tell Tyson to come back to me when he can finish a grade school layup".

Chronz
03-07-2014, 05:24 PM
When some of the leagues best offenses year after year are spearheaded by inefficient "chuckers" and a guy who can't finish layups and doesn't have a single go-to move in the paint had the best offensive rating of all time - there is a flaw in the system.
Seems more like a flaw in the interpreters understanding of the system.

D-Leethal
03-07-2014, 05:24 PM
that is what happens when you don't turn the ball over, and get all your points off dunks/putbacks though.

And when thats your lone claim to fame on offense, when your bread and butter is "not throwing the ball away with my 5 touches a game and getting a couple putbacks" and your offensive rating is the GOAT, somethin' be fishy up in here.

Who needs actual offensive skills when you can simply not lose the ball (while being asked to do nothing with any degree of difficulty) and get a couple offensive putbacks?

D-Leethal
03-07-2014, 05:25 PM

When you need a boatload of context to interpret the system and disregard the slew of outliers, its the system.

D-Leethal
03-07-2014, 05:26 PM
One of the games most offensively-challenged Cs should never, ever, ever, post the greatest ORTG of all time. Point, blank, period, comma.

mdm692
03-07-2014, 06:04 PM
All Tyson has to do is show his championship ring which he earned by anchoring the only defense that has been able to "contain/beat" LBJ since the coming of the big 3.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2014, 06:07 PM
And when thats your lone claim to fame on offense, when your bread and butter is "not throwing the ball away with my 5 touches a game and getting a couple putbacks" and your offensive rating is the GOAT, somethin' be fishy up in here.

Who needs actual offensive skills when you can simply not lose the ball (while being asked to do nothing with any degree of difficulty) and get a couple offensive putbacks?

But that is why I said, context needs to be used. When a player has almost no usage, and the only time he does touch the ball is in the dunk/layup area, OF COURSE his offensive rating and TS% will be high. But all you need to do is simply take a peek at his usage and number of touches to understand he is a really good garbage man who can dunk well, not an elite efficiency offensive player with any responsibility.

If someone doesn't understand the stat, they simply need to look up how it is calculated. Pretty easy.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-07-2014, 06:16 PM
So does his FG%, BEAST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dittQjQbZ-0&t=5m24s

Chronz
03-07-2014, 06:18 PM
When you need a boatload of context to interpret the system and disregard the slew of outliers, its the system.
You need as much context as it takes to interpret FG%. Not seeing what outliers you speak of considering its NOT a player rating system. It gives you the facts. Same as FG%. You either have no idea what the stat entails or you dont use ANY stat in ANY instance for ANYTHING.

One of the games most offensively-challenged Cs should never, ever, ever, post the greatest ORTG of all time. Point, blank, period, comma.
Based on what? Chandler also sports the highest FG% of All-Time, is FG% flawed because it tells us facts that you interpret incorrectly?

Allphakenny1
03-07-2014, 06:37 PM

Yet we will still get a "Is Tyson Chandler a hall of famer" thread!

Kashmir13579
03-07-2014, 06:52 PM

Only if you are an idiot.

Kashmir13579
03-07-2014, 06:54 PM

You are far too kind.

KnicksorBust
03-07-2014, 07:51 PM
7-letters?

Am I missing something?

:laugh: I thought I was going to be the only one who noticed that. I'm trying all kinds of combination of motherf, madaf'er, etc and was havin a real hard time.

BTW, love the Knicks fans who feel the need to bash on Tyson. Real classy.

GiantsSwaGG
03-07-2014, 08:08 PM

All Tyson has to say is

"I might not be as gifted offensively but I got a ring, what has ya offensively ability gotten you? A playoff berth?"

Chronz
03-08-2014, 01:54 AM
You are far too kind.
Trying to beat him with kindness and facts

Chronz
03-08-2014, 03:24 AM

Does his FG% sicken you?

John Walls Era
03-08-2014, 03:27 AM
One is a championship winner, the other can't even get into the playoffs. Love should be happy that Tyson even wasted his time on him. Love is mad, but I don't blame him. He probably spent the whole night thinking of this one-liner.

Chronz
03-08-2014, 03:33 AM
One is a championship winner, the other can't even get into the playoffs. Love should be happy that Tyson even wasted his time on him. Love is mad, but I don't blame him. He probably spent the whole night thinking of this one-liner.

If winning is what matters, then couldn't Love just boast about being on a .500 team, at the least?