PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Mock Conference Finals: LAC vs HOU

Shammyguy3
03-06-2014, 07:26 PM
This year the Bulls' Forum held a Mock-Trade deadline game. During this game, due to there being some really bad teams, some rosters were combined with others to increase parity. All teams made the playoffs. Users acted as GMs and tried to improve their team primarily through trade. All players are 100% healthy in these scenarios. So, in a 7-game series which team would win?

1. Los Angeles
PG: Chris Paul - Darren Collison - Patty Mills
SG: Wesley Matthews - Danny Green - Jeremy Lamb
SF: Paul Pierce - Gerald Green - P.J. Tucker
PF: Anthony Davis - Luis Scola - Josh McRoberts
C: Brook Lopez - Channing Frye - Ed Davis

3. Houston
PG: Tony Parker - Shaun Livingston
SG: Manu Ginobili - Kyle Korver
SF: Jimmy Butler - Danny Granger - Matt Barnes
PF: Kevin Love - Kenyon Martin - Greg Smith
C: Joakim Noah - Kosta Koufus - Byron Mullens

*** Los Angeles has Home-Court Advantage

Houston Write-Up:
Hi guys,

Please take some time a look at the point im about to write,

I have tried to play this game using a team concept, a team that fits together and performs as a team.

At the end i came up with a team that can perform at EVERY ASPECT of the game.

We can Rebound really well
Streatch the game
Shoot from deep
Play strong Defense
Move the ball
Share the ball
Block
You name it!

But there is more i looked for my team.
I made a strong effort to get "Team Players" instead of "Self centered" players that can put stats, but wont give you a great TEAM FIT.

A quick information from my team players:
- Parker is making his best 3pt shooting in his career
- Parker has become a good FT shooter
- Parker Per36 Stats are close to what he performs on his best years
- Manu and Parker have played together for 12 Years now! This Backcourt can play together with their eyes closed
- Manu and Parker can both handle the ball, play solid Defense and creat their shot.
- Jimmy Butler is making a career high of 12.5ppg
- Jimmy butler is one of the best defensive SF with quick feet
- Love is making a Career year in ppg 26.6
- Love is shooting 38% !!! from 3pt
- Love is one of the best (the best?) PF revounders
- Love is making a career year in ast per game. 4.1
- Love - Noah is the best FC in this game.
- Love - Noah can BOTH pass the ball
- LOve - Noah are rebound monsters (combined they grab 24.7)
- NOAH is one of the best passing Centers in the game
- NOAH is a team and lockerroom leader
- NOAH makes everyone else better on the team
- NOAH is making a career best in ppg (12.1).
- FT are NOT a weekness in NOAH. Teams cant explore that!
- NOAH is making a career high of 4.6 ast per game. He is being known as the "Point Center"
- NOAH is making a career high in REbounds (11.5)

Bench
- Livingstone can cover up for Parker. He is experienced, and he is making a good year.
- Livingstone sets up their team well and guard the ball well
- Livingstone is a 67 PG!
- Korver is making his best year in ppg since 2007
- Korver is the best 3pt shooter in the league
- Korver can play SF or SG. He can play 30 min in those 2 spots
- Korver - Love makes the best floor stretch in the game
- Korver is making a career best in ast per game
- Granger will not see the court much
- Granger had a bad injuries, bur remenber: NO INJURIES in this game
- Granger even strugling BECAUSE OF THE INJURY he had, can still put 10 decent minutes.
- If Granger doesnt perform on his 10 minutes of fame, Matt Barnes will bring his Defense and energy into the game.
- Kenyon Martin can back for Love for 10-15 minutes.
- Kenyon Martin plays decent Defense. That will be his role
- Koufus will not see the floor more than 15-18 minutes. NOAH can play 35.
- Koufus is 70 tall and can rebound well
- Koufus is really good around the board, covering Noah Really well

MATCHUP VRS LAC

Just like the previous round there are few aspects that make me believe that we have the better TEAM.
My play can match with them in everything, we can space the floor better with the hability to move LOVE has an outside shooter and we can REBOUND much better.
So we have the advantage in:
- Rebounding (Jimmy-Love-Noah are FAR SUPERIOR rebounding group)
- Sharing the ball
- second points oppotunities (This includes rebounding and the way korver sets himself at the 3pt after the rebound, getting that open look)
- Team fit (imo)
- Spacing
- Options! I can play in anyway i want with this team (fast, slow, outside, inside... YOU NAME IT)

Let me take a look at LAC:

- My Backcourt will give them a thought to their backcourt. Parker and Manu can play hard and Jimmy can help when needed.
- Korver and Mathews will be a 3pt contest. You know who is the best, right?
- CP3 is shooting only 33.6% from 3pt
- CP3 is shooting is lowest fg% since 2006.
- LAC has a great passer on their team. I have 4 or 5 48minutes per game.
- Paul Pierce is shooting his lowest 3pt% since 2003.
- Paul Pierce is scoring his lowest career ppg.
- Paul Pierce is shooting his lowest FG%
- Paul Pierce will strugle to stop Jimmy energy and Korver soacing in a 7 game series
- Davis is going to be a beast. "IS GOING" is the key here! He aint that yet althought he is good already.
- Davis + Lopez dont grab more than 18 rebounds per game. Noah + Love grab easily 26!
- Some will say that Lopez has improved a litle his defense this year. But has he proved that? He played only 17 games! Small sample size.
- Lopez is not a TOP Defender
- LOpez is not a top Rebounder
- LOpez will strugle to keep his mid range shooting with NOAH defending him 7 games!

Well thats it. Thank you all for reading this!

Ezio
03-06-2014, 07:43 PM
Whoever wins this one probably wins it all

O_Touro
03-07-2014, 05:22 AM
OHHH crap .... i just voted on my team instead of "GMs Click Here" :facepalm:

Is it possible to correct that?

O_Touro
03-07-2014, 05:26 AM

I agree Ezio.

I think my TEAM can win it.
My FC is better, Jimmy at his role is one of the best and my BC has been playing hard matchups for 12+ years together. And korver brings high minutes of 3pt shooting.

Also the spacing...

At least i took the time to make a Write-up, right? :shrug:

EDIT: Brent sucks :p

Sadds The Gr8
03-07-2014, 05:36 AM
LAC in 7

KnicksorBust
03-07-2014, 10:17 AM
Slugfest! Both teams can shoot, have multiple ball handlers, good passing, and great defenders. They even have reliable players coming off the bench. Both teams check all the boxes for me. I'm 50-50 right now.

O_Touro
03-07-2014, 10:47 AM
^ I can rebound better... :eyebrow:

cubbybear2290
03-07-2014, 12:03 PM
This is really close. But I think the Front court of Noah and Love on the boards take it. Because, as good as Davis is, he can only cover up so much of Brook's not interested-ness. I'm probably gonna go with Houston here in 7.

unleashthebeast
03-07-2014, 12:19 PM

Chill chill, haha

aLau10
03-07-2014, 12:26 PM
Yikes, this is a tough one..... :/

Knick_Fever
03-07-2014, 01:11 PM
This is definitely a series that could go either way, but I'll take the Clippers in 7. They have a much deeper bench than Houston, who's bench has been suspect all year long. You need a good bench to get you over the hump.

Baller1
03-07-2014, 01:13 PM
Houston rather easily for me... That team is built to perfection. Houston in 5.

TrueFan420
03-07-2014, 02:16 PM
Clippers bench is the difference maker.

O_Touro
03-07-2014, 02:20 PM
To be honest, the rebounding is the diferente maker. We can both pass, shot, defend, play fast, play half-court but... Houston will lead on the boards.

Sure im suspicious because im HOU GM but this is true.

But yeah... this matchup is as close as it gets

GrkGawdofWalkz
03-07-2014, 02:31 PM
I took my time but the Clippers have better depth overall. I would take TP over CP3 in any series realistically but he's got the shooters on the outside and the guys inside to make this work evenly. Nice teams.

Rndy
03-07-2014, 03:03 PM
I went Hou outside of my love for the players and how I feel they fit I just like that team better. In the regular season LAC is a better team but in the playoffs most rotations get much smaller and HOU is a team built to win in the playoffs with Defense, floor space, and an amazing pick and pop game with Parker and Love. Both teams are great though good job guys.

bootypants
03-07-2014, 03:05 PM
This is really close. But I think the Front court of Noah and Love on the boards take it. Because, as good as Davis is, he can only cover up so much of Brook's not interested-ness. I'm probably gonna go with Houston here in 7.

So put Scola at the 4 guarding Love and Davis on Noah.....

LAC 2nd team might aswell be the Suns of this year, i think it might even be better.

Shammyguy3
03-07-2014, 04:37 PM
what a great start to this matchup

O_Touro
03-07-2014, 05:11 PM
From Tomorrow ill be 4 days away from PSD.
Before i go i want to say 1 Thing:

Im on my 30s and i cant recall rebounding being so underated. Noah and Love kills on the boards.
Rebounding limits the other team offense and improves our team offense.

Hey but what do i know... a year ago i didnt even knew what Backcourt, Frountcourt was, so.... Im probably wrong.

KnicksorBust
03-07-2014, 07:58 PM
From Tomorrow ill be 4 days away from PSD.
Before i go i want to say 1 Thing:

Im on my 30s and i cant recall rebounding being so underated. Noah and Love kills on the boards.
Rebounding limits the other team offense and improves our team offense.

Hey but what do i know... a year ago i didnt even knew what Backcourt, Frountcourt was, so.... Im probably wrong.

I love rebounding and I agree with you but Miami is ranked 28th in rebounding differential this year so it's not a prerequisite for winning. I'm pretty sure those Boston teams were one of the ******** rebounding teams as well and they won a chip.

Shammyguy3
03-07-2014, 08:04 PM
Had to go with HOU by a hair

O_Touro
03-07-2014, 08:19 PM
I love rebounding and I agree with you but Miami is ranked 28th in rebounding differential this year so it's not a prerequisite for winning. I'm pretty sure those Boston teams were one of the ******** rebounding teams as well and they won a chip.

True but MIA has 3 guys that are ELITE (BIG 3). What team has 3 Stars like that?
Or better yet, they dont have to face a LOVE-Noah combo in real life :)

If MIAMI had an elite rebounder (it doesnt need to be an ELITE Centerm diferent things) they would be better than anyone by far.

Rebounding is important imo.

mightybosstone
03-07-2014, 09:40 PM
This one is insanely difficult. If we measure the teams based on their starting fives, I like Houston just slightly more. Couple Love's perimeter shooting with the penetration of Parker and Manu, and that offense will be lethal. Then you throw in two of the best defensive players at their positions in Butler and Noah, which Houston can use to their advantage to lock down whichever perimeter player or big man is hot in a given stretch. I also just trust their guys late in playoff games more than I trust LA, and Noah is a guy whose grit you can rely on in close games.

However, the Clippers are no slouch. Matthews is having a career year, and the Davis/Lopez front court duo with Paul running the helm would be absolutely lethal. You could make a strong case that they have the two best players in this series, although I would argue Houston has three of the five best players. Regardless, LA's got a deadly offense and a competent defense anchored by Davis. My biggest concern with them is that I'm just not sure how much I can trust Davis in an NBA Finals at this point in his career, Pierce at the tail end of his usefulness or Matthews in kind of a fluke season.

It's worth noting that the Clippers are ridiculously deep, and they have 3-4 guys who could start on half the teams in the league sitting on their bench. However, as deep and versatile as they are, not a chance in hell will most of those guys get enough minutes to matter. Depth rarely matters that much in playoff series, and if they run an 8-9 man rotation, 8-10 minutes of Collison, Danny Green and Luis Scola every night isn't likely to matter. Also, the Clippers' depth is clearly better than Houston, but it's not like they're horrible in the depth department. I love Houston's bench guards and wings. They could throw in Korver for Butler to go straight offense or swap out Butler for Barnes if they wanted a defender with more range on his jumper.

In the end, it's really a coin flip series. I actually think the Clippers have more talent on paper than Houston, but I like the way the Rockets' pieces fit together a little bit better. It also doesn't help that Houston's GM has actually done a write-up for the series, while I don't think I've seen LA's GM argue his case yet. I'll wait around a little bit longer just to see if there's more discussion, but at first glance, I'm thinking Houston wins this series in 6 or 7.

Edit: Also, as previously stated, Houston has a pretty decent edge on the glass. I don't know that it's so substantial that it would lead me to pick them over the Clippers because of it, but it's enough to matter over the course of a seven-game series.

PurpleJesus
03-08-2014, 12:13 PM
Houston team is cheating. He is PMing Wolves fans asking them to vote because he has a team built around Kevin Love.

I vote for the other guy.

mightybosstone
03-08-2014, 12:29 PM
Houston team is cheating. He is PMing Wolves fans asking them to vote because he has a team built around Kevin Love.

He PMed me, but he didn't specifically ask for his vote. As someone who has played a ton of these games, I don't mind if someone PMs me and asks me to vote in a matchup as long as they're not specifically asking me to vote for them. I would prefer, though, that GMs use the visitor message instead, so at least that way everything is out in the open and there's no reason to wonder whether someone is cheating or not.

As long as he isn't asking for a vote, I don't consider that cheating.

unleashthebeast
03-08-2014, 12:34 PM
He PMed me, but he didn't specifically ask for his vote. As someone who has played a ton of these games, I don't mind if someone PMs me and asks me to vote in a matchup as long as they're not specifically asking me to vote for them. I would prefer, though, that GMs use the visitor message instead, so at least that way everything is out in the open and there's no reason to wonder whether someone is cheating or not.

As long as he isn't asking for a vote, I don't consider that cheating.

Yeah he asked me to vote too. Not specifically for him though, just to vote on the matchup

Shammyguy3
03-08-2014, 01:41 PM
I agree with MBT and UTB, but i'll have to figure out what Touro actually did

Sadds The Gr8
03-08-2014, 02:07 PM
I still think pm'ing is so shady even if they don't ask for a personal vote. Why not just vm? If I were his opponent I'd be pissed

Shammyguy3
03-08-2014, 02:17 PM
Oh yeah completely agree with that, PMing is snaky as ****

unleashthebeast
03-08-2014, 02:34 PM
Oh yeah. If I play Houston next round and found out he did this I'd be pissed

kingbrentg
03-08-2014, 03:01 PM

If true, that's a shame. Regardless of whether he's asking for votes specifically for his team, PM'ing the fans to vote that would likely vote for his team is just as bad, in my opinion.

Thanks for the pity vote btw lol.

I still think pm'ing is so shady even if they don't ask for a personal vote. Why not just vm? If I were his opponent I'd be pissed

Oh yeah. If I play Houston next round and found out he did this I'd be pissed

Yeah.

I haven't exactly had the time to back up my team in the voting like I have in the past, but I have still followed this. I guess this thing means a lot more to OT than it does to me at this point.

Goose17
03-08-2014, 04:12 PM
L.A have so much depth in comparison. But Houston has just been put together really well, especially that starting unit. I love the Noah/Love/Butler front court. Parker is a great floor general but imo Ginobili is a weak link.

The spacing and second chance opportunities that Houston would have puts them over the top imho. They get my vote.

benny01
03-08-2014, 05:17 PM
Have HOU by a hair, but like Ginobli I wish he was 5-10 yrs. younger

PurpleJesus
03-09-2014, 03:34 AM
If you have a minute go vote on the Conf. finals mock. Im playing Houston and i have built a team around KEVIN LOVE.

I think you will like it but obviously vote in the one you like better.

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...als-LAC-vs-HOU

Thank you for your time

....thats the PM i got from him.

O_Touro
03-09-2014, 08:54 PM
Not in my country so i Cant explain details. I Didnt cheat... O asked to vote in matchup (im always getting This Pm from other, isnt it normal?) but always said VOTE ON THE TEAM YOU LIKE BETTER.

But you know what, to show respect for brent , i can quit!

Seems fair so their isnt any more doubts.

PurpleJesus
03-09-2014, 10:48 PM
just seemed odd to me that you sent me (a timberwolves fan) a PM about voting in here, and highlighting that you had KEVIN LOVE on the team...doesnt seem so odd now that I see other, non-wolves fans got this message as well...unless of course you omitted the Kevin Love part from the message, and left that only for the Wolves fans...which really wouldnt be cheating, but would be playing dirty.

O_Touro
03-10-2014, 04:03 AM
To me its clear now: although i dindnt Ask to vote in me i did tried to get the guys more likely to do so ( bulls, wolves , spurs fans) and by that i influenced the normal voting ...

This is the first time i get to playoffs and i thought its normal, i guess not .

tbh it seems fair if i get D'q.

mightybosstone
03-10-2014, 10:38 AM
If the guy didn't know it was a rule, I don't think he should be DQ'd. Everyone makes mistakes in their first couple of games, and if no one tells them not to do something, how are they supposed to know it was off limits? Granted, I say this knowing well and good that if it was my team he was playing, I'd be ****ing livid and throwing a tantrum until he got DQ'd. So take everything I say with a grain of salt.

O_Touro
03-11-2014, 07:29 PM
Back home, i was in Germany.

Ill talk to commish about it.

Like i said before,
I never thought i was doing a bad thing. I always thought that this game was about building the team and bringing the voters. Actually, sometime when we were discussing some trades it was commom to say things like "melo can give me NY fans votes" or "kobe can give.......". I thought this was it.

Anyway, this matchup was close and both teams are good. I might have this advantage because of the "promotion on the matchup" i made. Thats why ill be fine if i get Dq.
It wasnt a 100% fair fight. I rather get Dq than an unfair win.

Ill talk to commish and to LA GM so that the game can move on.

O_Touro
03-12-2014, 04:51 PM
I have resigned from this matchup. Its the correct thing to do.

I apologize for all this mess. Also, thank you brent/shammy for understanding...
Next time i will know my limits. :laugh2: Or at least ask first.

Good luck at the final UTB and Brent.