PDA

View Full Version : Report: Joakim Noah recruiting Carmelo Anthony to Chicago Bulls

JordansBulls
03-06-2014, 12:43 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/06/report-joakim-noah-recruiting-carmelo-anthony-to-chicago-bulls/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Chris Broussard of ESPN:

Over All-Star weekend, I’m told by a person with knowledge of the conversation, that Joakim Noah recruited Carmelo.

Now, you’ll probably hear denials out of Chicago if they talk about it, because it would be tampering, officially.

But I’m told that Joakim said to Melo, “Look, you can go to Los Angeles. But if you want to win a ring, if you want your legacy to be about winning, come to Chicago.”

Melo, I’m told, said, “Look, I’ve been watching you guys. I admire how hard you play. I admire how hungry you are. Oh, and by the way, my son’s favorite player: Derrick Rose.”

MetroMan
03-06-2014, 12:46 PM
anywhere > NY

xxplayerxx23
03-06-2014, 12:46 PM
Lol so? What does that mean? Chicago needs to cut salary and also melo wouldn't win there. Drose hasn't proven he can stay on the court.

MetroMan
03-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Why doesnt melo go to the spurs? instant winners

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 12:48 PM
damn...it's like that. At first I'm thinking media garbage, but they even have Melo's stuttering speech patterns down pact.

Stunner
03-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Lol so? What does that mean? Chicago needs to cut salary and also melo wouldn't win there. Drose hasn't proven he can stay on the court.

Lol

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

Stunner
03-06-2014, 12:50 PM
Draft night should be the most active it has in years.

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

CityofChaos
03-06-2014, 12:53 PM
Best fit IMO. The Bulls need an offensive weapon like Carmelo and their defense can cover up for his defensive deficiencies.

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 12:53 PM

Melo needs 3 ingredients to win.

- a top playmaking PG [Rose] and the Bulls PG are actually decent enough to not have Rose and still contend b/c of Noah's playmaking skill set.

- a defensive core on the wing and paint that masks his inabilities on D [Butler, Gibson, Noah]

- a coach who's innovative and demanding [Thibs]

I had this talk w/ a few posters last night. He'd be stupid not to go to Chicago. He has the opportunity of starting a potential dynasty.

mudvayne387
03-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Please take him Chicago !!!

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-06-2014, 01:03 PM
lebron said no questions.. why doesnt melo take that route?

Im_in_Mia_bish
Melo-drama 2.0

2-ONE-5

bcuz he is winning so much in NY?

not sure elo fits with the Bulls at all but at this point its still better than staying in NY

Animosity
03-06-2014, 01:04 PM
Melo did drop by the bulls locker room after the Knicks/Bulls game to talk to Noah. Could be recruiting could be a bromance. Bulls have been in talks every year about some major FA coming to town and we get Boozer.......

meloman1592
03-06-2014, 01:04 PM
damn...it's like that. At first I'm thinking media garbage, but they even have Melo's stuttering speech patterns down pact.

Not sure if you're trying to be funny or not

meloman1592
03-06-2014, 01:11 PM
lebron said no questions.. why doesnt melo take that route?

He's not lebron, that's why

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-06-2014, 01:12 PM
He's not lebron, that's why

really? all this time i thought he was.

xxplayerxx23
03-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Melo needs 3 ingredients to win.

- a top playmaking PG [Rose] and the Bulls PG are actually decent enough to not have Rose and still contend b/c of Noah's playmaking skill set.

- a defensive core on the wing and paint that masks his inabilities on D [Butler, Gibson, Noah]

- a coach who's innovative and demanding [Thibs]

I had this talk w/ a few posters last night. He'd be stupid not to go to Chicago. He has the opportunity of starting a potential dynasty.

Forget that melo would have to take how much less to go there? I read they need to trade Gibson

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 01:33 PM
Forget that melo would have to take how much less to go there? I read they need to trade Gibson

Nah they'd just need to amnesty Boozer. Melo went into ASW saying he would take less. If there's a spot to take less, Chicago is that spot.

RipCity32
03-06-2014, 01:33 PM
The Bulls would be deadly with Melo in my opinion. Even if DRose is just 50% of what he was. That defense with Noah up front and Melos scoring would be very nice.

Stunner
03-06-2014, 01:35 PM
Man if Melo really take a lot less to join a team just to win that would show a lot about his character , it's not like he needs it with the amount of endorsements he gets . Not to mention the organization would look after him and be very gracious towards him .

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

Walt
03-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Hinrich/Augustin
Butler
Melo
Gibson/Boozer
Noah

that would be a very scary lineup. Melo surrounded my defensive monsters..

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-06-2014, 01:41 PM

and he would win in NY? :confused:

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 01:41 PM
Hinrich/Augustin
Butler
Melo
Gibson/Boozer
Noah

they'd have to amnesty Boozer. And I think S&T to get Melo.

So the line up would be

Rose/ Heinrich
Dunleavy/Snell
Butler/ does it matter?
Melo/Gibson
Noah/Mirotic

Pierzynski4Prez
03-06-2014, 01:43 PM
Hinrich/Augustin
Butler
Melo
Gibson/Boozer
Noah

Boozer would 100% be gone, but you can add Tony Snell, and what is likely picks 15 & 20. And of course Rose.

mjt20mik
03-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Would love to see him in Chicago. Without a doubt, I think they amnesty boozer, cause Gibson has just been a beast. That leaves 15 million for Melo.

If I were him, I'd jump the gun. Its not like he's gonna earn less. Jordan might even up his sponsorship since he's playing for the Bulls.

THE MTL
03-06-2014, 01:48 PM
.... Cause clearly Chris broussard was in the conversation.

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 01:49 PM
Would love to see him in Chicago. Without a doubt, I think they amnesty boozer, cause Gibson has just been a beast. That leaves 15 million for Melo.

If I were him, I'd jump the gun. Its not like he's gonna earn less. Jordan might even up his sponsorship since he's playing for the Bulls.

although another option that no one is talking about that Melo can do is go to CHA. They have a top ranked D, top 7 in the league, a good offense turns into a damn good offense w/ him, Kemba and Jefferson. It's a team owned by Michael Jordan, the Jordan brand connection. Charlotte would be a problem.

poleandreel
03-06-2014, 01:55 PM
although another option that no one is talking about that Melo can do is go to CHA. They have a top ranked D, top 7 in the league, a good offense turns into a damn good offense w/ him, Kemba and Jefferson. It's a team owned by Michael Jordan, the Jordan brand connection. Charlotte would be a problem.

Nobody talks about it because the chance of him taking less money and going to a perennial loser and living in a 2nd rate city like Charlotte is less than 0%. Chicago is a top 3 city in the U.S and their team is solid. Even if Rose comes back at 50% of what he was, they have a chance of making the ECF every season with a core of

Thibs

Rose
Doesn't Matter
Melo
Taj
Noah

kozelkid
03-06-2014, 01:55 PM

They don't. If Melo ends up stating clearly that he wants to go to Chicago, it would be as simple as Boozer, and a couple picks (Char pick and some future 1st rounder). Sure, it's not an ideal trade for New York, but Boozer would be an expiring for them and at least they are able to get some sort of prospects rather than their current situation which would be pretty much nothing.

Mr. Baller
03-06-2014, 01:59 PM
Nah they'd just need to amnesty Boozer. Melo went into ASW saying he would take less. If there's a spot to take less, Chicago is that spot.

false, even with the boozer amnesty they would need to move taj to sign melo

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 02:03 PM
Nobody talks about it because the chance of him taking less money and going to a perennial loser and living in a 2nd rate city like Charlotte is less than 0%. Chicago is a top 3 city in the U.S and their team is solid. Even if Rose comes back at 50% of what he was, they have a chance of making the ECF every season with a core of

Thibs

Rose
Doesn't Matter
Melo
Taj
Noah

Melo's not a legit 3 anymore. He's better suited as a PF. And on the CHA thing, I'm not talking about the city, the potential b/c of the style they play and the weapons they'd have. I didn't say he'd do it but we can't ignore he's signed to the Jordan brand, the Jordan brand would rake in NC or anywhere else.

flea
03-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Any superstar wing would be dumb to not want to play with Noah. He's a great defender at the most important defensive position, great rebounder and offensive rebounder, and he doesn't even want to score. In fact, he wants you to score and he's willing to help. If I had someone like Melo on the Bulls I wouldn't even bother with starting a real PG - that'd be a team with enough playmaking in the post and with their star to go with a George Hill type of PG.

Sadds The Gr8
03-06-2014, 02:08 PM
Broussard? ok this is false then.

kozelkid
03-06-2014, 02:17 PM

Wrong. Carmelo would take a slight paycut if Bulls just amnesty Boozer as Tom Penn points out (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10544783) (and no pay cut should they deal Melo for Boozer and a couple of picks, which probably would serve NY better in rebuilding than letting him walk for nothing, ala Cleveland and Toronto when they "dealt" Lebron and Bosh to Miami).

Mr. Baller
03-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Wrong. Carmelo would take a slight paycut if Bulls just amnesty Boozer as Tom Penn points out (http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=10544783) (and no pay cut should they deal Melo for Boozer and a couple of picks, which probably would serve NY better in rebuilding than letting him walk for nothing, ala Cleveland and Toronto when they "dealt" Lebron and Bosh to Miami).

and you know this how exactly?

kozelkid
03-06-2014, 02:23 PM

You misunderstood me. I'm not saying he WILL take a small paycut. I'm saying in that specific scenario. If he chooses to outright leave Knicks (w/o S+T) the difference between going to a team with enough space to give him full max (roughly 18mil) vs. what the BUlls would have after getting rid of Boozer isn't much. Especially if he were willing to simply walk away from Knicks and cough away 30mil.

Which is why, the best for all the players in this would be a S+T for Boozer and a couple picks.

abe_froman
03-06-2014, 02:23 PM
damn,hope its not true.

not just because i'm not a melo fan,but because noah is my favorite player and i really look down upon recruiting.i thought/hoped he'd be above such things(...also ,i didnt think noah had such pull)

Stunner
03-06-2014, 02:28 PM

Because it's common sense , NY would want to get any type of compensation back for Melo mainly a 1st rounder . It's up to Melo if he's going to live by that " I'll take a pay cut if it means winning " statement . Bulls would have to trade Taj and MDJ if Melo wants to play here for the max and not give NY anything . But I think Melo would rather do a sign and trade if he choses to come to Chicago because all parties would get what they want . Knicks get picks , Melo gets money and didn't have to gut the team to get to Chicago and the Bulls get Melo , Keep Taj and have the ability to still bring Mirtoic over .

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

Captain Moroni
03-06-2014, 02:28 PM
Amnesty boozer? The way DJ Augustine is playing I would amnesty Rose. Melo Noah, boozer, Thibs......that team could win a ring.

Stunner
03-06-2014, 02:29 PM
damn,hope its not true.

not just because i'm not a melo fan,but because noah is my favorite player and i really look down upon recruiting.i thought/hoped he'd be above such things(...also ,i didnt think noah had such pull)

Noah is about winning mostly and you need talent to do that

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

sunsfan88
Why isn't Melo's son's favorite player his father?

Stunner
Amnesty boozer? The way DJ Augustine is playing I would amnesty Rose. Melo Noah, boozer, Thibs......that team could win a ring.

Yea ..... No

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

Stunner
03-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Why isn't Melo's son's favorite player his father?

A lot of players sons fav players are other superstars

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

king4day
03-06-2014, 02:31 PM
I'm sure other players will try recruiting him. Chicago would be hard to pass though. Might be a best case scenario for him. Good defense and good offense.

redsoxknicks
03-06-2014, 02:31 PM
As a Knicks fan, I would like to see him in Chicago if he decides to leave NY. They are a solid team with a great coach, but not so packed with stars that it would make Melo look like he is only ring-chasing or trying to do a super 3. I think the perception would be better if he went there, rather than LA or Miami, etc.

If he really does not care about the money, and only wants to win, he will leave NY. Chicago is one of the best options for him if he wants to win, with a real possibility of winning a ring while also building a better reputation as a team player. Best of all worlds for him, really.

Stunner
03-06-2014, 02:34 PM
Some Bulls fans don't want Melo and want Love , but there is no info out there connecting the two other than him , Rose and KD workout together . I don't want to wait and hope a player shows interest two years later like in 2010 . If a player wants to come here that's an elite scorer I will not pass that up ,

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

Kyben36
03-06-2014, 02:46 PM
he is going to have to take less money if he comes to the bulls, if he wants a ring though, IMO, best option he has.

JordansBulls
03-06-2014, 02:47 PM
Some Bulls fans don't want Melo and want Love , but there is no info out there connecting the two other than him , Rose and KD workout together . I don't want to wait and hope a player shows interest two years later like in 2010 . If a player wants to come here that's an elite scorer I will not pass that up ,

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

I'd take Melo all day over Love. Love makes sense if you had a healthy Rose from 2011. But if Rose is not healthy again you need someone who can create for himself and Melo can do that and demand double teams.

Stunner
03-06-2014, 02:52 PM
I'd take Melo all day over Love. Love makes sense if you had a healthy Rose from 2011. But if Rose is not healthy again you need someone who can create for himself and Melo can do that and demand double teams.

Does make some sort of sense now that I think of it .

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

Shammyguy3
03-06-2014, 02:54 PM
JB, you do know that Love creates for himself too right? All while creating for OTHERS as well

Stunner
03-06-2014, 03:01 PM
JB, you do know that Love creates for himself too right? All while creating for OTHERS as well

That is true also

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

5ass
03-06-2014, 03:05 PM
I want to see him in chicago.

Anutda1
03-06-2014, 03:14 PM
anywhere > NY

Get the **** outta here with that ******** you have no clue as to what your talking about!

Stunner
03-06-2014, 03:19 PM
Wait pause .... Knicks gonna file us for tampering lmao

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

Anutda1
03-06-2014, 03:25 PM
they'd have to amnesty Boozer. And I think S&T to get Melo.

So the line up would be

Rose/ Heinrich
Dunleavy/Snell
Butler/ does it matter?
Melo/Gibson
Noah/Mirotic

Not! Melo would not play the 4 in chicago go somewhere with that. He would be at his natural position and get some minutes at the four just like Thibs did with Deng

Jarvo
03-06-2014, 03:35 PM
As long as they keep Butler if they add Melo that's a good move.

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 03:36 PM
Not! Melo would not play the 4 in chicago go somewhere with that. He would be at his natural position and get some minutes at the four just like Thibs did with Deng

to space the floor for him, he has to play the 4.

Anutda1
03-06-2014, 03:37 PM

They would not need to move Taj to get Melo they didn't will have the $6 million or so from Bynum and the $15 million plus from boozer so there is money with which they could sign Melo.

therealwd27
03-06-2014, 03:39 PM
I find it hard to believe what Broussard says, but that being said would be a solid team. Too 3 in east for sure.

I could've sworn they would need to amnesty Boozer and trade Gibson? I've read that a few times

Anutda1
03-06-2014, 03:41 PM
Melo's not a legit 3 anymore. He's better suited as a PF. And on the CHA thing, I'm not talking about the city, the potential b/c of the style they play and the weapons they'd have. I didn't say he'd do it but we can't ignore he's signed to the Jordan brand, the Jordan brand would rake in NC or anywhere else.

How is melo not a legit 3 what the **** is wrong with you? he is better suited to play the pf if Danphony what his coach or if he is in an isolation style offense which they bulls do not have.

JordansBulls
Yes, but Melo fills a greater need position wise as well. Also makes it where guys like Lebron and George have to work harder on defense.

Ezio
I'll gladly trade Taj right now. I doubt he ever has a better stretch than he is on right now.

Anutda1
03-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Any superstar wing would be dumb to not want to play with Noah. He's a great defender at the most important defensive position, great rebounder and offensive rebounder, and he doesn't even want to score. In fact, he wants you to score and he's willing to help. If I had someone like Melo on the Bulls I wouldn't even bother with starting a real PG - that'd be a team with enough playmaking in the post and with their star to go with a George Hill type of PG.

oh you mean kinda like what he has right now in NY? WOW!

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 03:46 PM
How is melo not a legit 3 what the **** is wrong with you? he is better suited to play the pf if Danphony what his coach or if he is in an isolation style offense which they bulls do not have.

his defense would be exposed vs quicker 3's, that could get him into foul trouble, another thing is Melo likes that elbow jumper and usually when there are 2 bigs, it's not there for him. Spacing on the floor has been the key to Melo playing at an elite allstar level. You could play him at the 3 but you wouldn't get the top 2 scorer in the NBA w/ that.

Shammyguy3
03-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Yes, but Melo fills a greater need position wise as well. Also makes it where guys like Lebron and George have to work harder on defense.

Disagree with the bolded. Give me the better player. Making guys like Lebron/George work on defense is a plus, but it doesn't outweigh that Love fits the team better than Melo. Not to mention, Love is cheaper and younger.

flea
03-06-2014, 03:47 PM
oh you mean kinda like what he has right now in NY? WOW!

Huh? They have nothing like Noah in NY. The wing defenders are a total joke (I still laugh thinking about last season when Knicks fans tried to convince us that Shumpert was the best on-ball defender in the game). Their PG is not a shooter or a defender, or much of a playmaker. He's the same as he was in college - a scoring combo guard that relies on athleticism and strength to penetrate. Now that he's old, he's fat and lazy (even though he's still the same player, just less effective).

Anutda1
03-06-2014, 03:49 PM

Can anyone block this guy form every posting again?

TheNumber37
03-06-2014, 03:51 PM
All the bulls need to do is Amnesty Boozer... that's pretty much it.

This is Melo's best Option unless the Knicks pull out all the stops and get miraculous on draft night - which melo has he to see if they will or can even do.

KnicksorBust
03-06-2014, 03:52 PM
I can't imagine a better team for Carmelo to reach his full potential than the Bulls. Rose takes the ball out of his hands so he doesn't force too many bad shots and the rest of the team (and coach) help cover up for him defensively and get the most out of him on both ends. He'll still get his 20ppg, he just won't need to score 30. It's a dream scenario for him.

abe_froman
03-06-2014, 03:55 PM
Yes, but Melo fills a greater need position wise as well. .
how so?

love is the better player now,and younger.he's the better pick betweeen the two

blahblahyoutoo
03-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Melo, I’m told, said, “Look, I’ve been watching you guys. I admire how hard you play. I admire how hungry you are. Oh, and by the way, my son’s favorite player: Derrick Rose.” LOL, even melo's son doesn't like Melo.

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 04:00 PM
@Anutda1 another thing you are missing is that in NY we've tried both. Melo at the 3 was not beneficial to us, the min we made him a 4, that's when he became one of the most dominant players/important in this league. Instead of drawing out 3 guards wasting him at the 3 and getting him into foul trouble, we put him at the 4, effectively drawing out the PF or C from the paint to guard him, taking away a team's rebounder, defensive presence, and wearing them out at their biggest strength.

This is why the Bulls give us trouble, the iso D and the bigs depth of Gooden, Gibson, Noah, are mobile enough to wear him down w/ their help D and Jimmy Butler/Deng would split defensive assignments on him. So that's why Melo at the 4 is actually used at the 4. That's why when matched up against Miami, us and the Nets give the Heat trouble match up wise.

Anutda1
03-06-2014, 04:01 PM
to space the floor for him, he has to play the 4.

do you have any clue about what you speak of? He doesn't have to play the 4 i pretty sure every team in the league has shooter on their team that DO NOT play the four. The type of offense you run determines the floor spacing Gibson can make a face up just shot and is a much more aggressive rebounder better defender better offensive rebounder why would he not be the starting pf come on dude.

flea
03-06-2014, 04:02 PM
Maybe it's because I have memories of the 'Cuse championship, but I'd take Melo over Love for the next 2-3 years. Both have flaws but I think it's easier to fit Melo into your team than Love. The last time Love was on a good team he had Mbah a Moute and Westbrook covering his deficiencies (Collison was on that team too).

I've ragged on Melo as much as anyone but he's a guy that create his own shot with the best of them - something you really desire in your #1 offensive option.

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 04:03 PM
do you have any clue about what you speak of? He doesn't have to play the 4 i pretty sure every team in the league has shooter on their team that DO NOT play the four. The type of offense you run determines the floor spacing Gibson can make a face up just shot and is a much more aggressive rebounder better defender better offensive rebounder why would he not be the starting pf come on dude.

Yes I do. You I'm not so sure of.

siix
03-06-2014, 04:16 PM
knicks suck dick

Captain Moroni
03-06-2014, 04:16 PM
Can anyone block this guy form every posting again?

Question.....if you added Melo to the current roster right now....would the bulls be title contenders?
I'm not as crazy as you think

Anutda1
03-06-2014, 04:22 PM
his defense would be exposed vs quicker 3's, that could get him into foul trouble, another thing is Melo likes that elbow jumper and usually when there are 2 bigs, it's not there for him. Spacing on the floor has been the key to Melo playing at an elite allstar level. You could play him at the 3 but you wouldn't get the top 2 scorer in the NBA w/ that.

Okay lets speak in terms of facts Melo has been a top 5 scorer his entire career and over the last 5 or 6 in the top 3 that hasn't changed. The second point is that Taj's favorite shot is from the baseline which is no where near the elbow conviently the same place both Deng and Boozer like to operate from and there has never been a problem before for anyone getting their shots from there but now the bulls can't space the floor without Melo playing the 4 that makes no sense. The only reason Melo would not work in chicago is if he continue to dominate the ball which in Thibs offense is highly unlikely. #3 Melo has alway been lazy on defense accept on those very rare occasions and having Taj and Noah on the floor whom are both good shot blocker along with butler can cover up for melo defensive disinterest and from everything that i have seen everyone who plays for or has played for Thibs works harder on defense than they have in the past. You basing your percetion of Melo's game on the way he played in NY but he has played with two bigs on the floor for years.

Ezio
03-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Mirotic is most likely joining this summer so there's probably no way Melo plays the 4 unless we go small.

Anutda1
03-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Disagree with the bolded. Give me the better player. Making guys like Lebron/George work on defense is a plus, but it doesn't outweigh that Love fits the team better than Melo. Not to mention, Love is cheaper and younger.

This is not a true statement Love only fits the team better if he is going to spend most of his time operate offensively down on the block if he isn't then Melo makes more sense in order to beat Miami and Pacers in a 7 games series you have to have someone that can put work in down on the block.

Anutda1
03-06-2014, 04:37 PM
Huh? They have nothing like Noah in NY. The wing defenders are a total joke (I still laugh thinking about last season when Knicks fans tried to convince us that Shumpert was the best on-ball defender in the game). Their PG is not a shooter or a defender, or much of a playmaker. He's the same as he was in college - a scoring combo guard that relies on athleticism and strength to penetrate. Now that he's old, he's fat and lazy (even though he's still the same player, just less effective).

Okay not sure what your commenting on but... i was responding to the comment that Melo didn't need a real pg if he came to Chicago....and i was addressing the lack of one in NY and how that has helped him so much. As far has Noah NY does have a similar type of player in Chandler not as good of a passer or ball handler but in general they are similar types of players so not sure what you really know about basketball but those are facts.

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 04:41 PM
Okay lets speak in terms of facts Melo has been a top 5 scorer his entire career and over the last 5 or 6 in the top 3 that hasn't changed. The second point is that Taj's favorite shot is from the baseline which is no where near the elbow conviently the same place both Deng and Boozer like to operate from and there has never been a problem before for anyone getting their shots from there but now the bulls can't space the floor without Melo playing the 4 that makes no sense. The only reason Melo would not work in chicago is if he continue to dominate the ball which in Thibs offense is highly unlikely. #3 Melo has alway been lazy on defense accept on those very rare occasions and having Taj and Noah on the floor whom are both good shot blocker along with butler can cover up for melo defensive disinterest and from everything that i have seen everyone who plays for or has played for Thibs works harder on defense than they have in the past. You basing your percetion of Melo's game on the way he played in NY but he has played with two bigs on the floor for years.

I'm basing that on the way he played in NY and on Team USA under the D'Antoni system. Which made him one of the more efficient shooters in the game. If you put Taj on the baseline, and Noah at the top of the key, the spacing is not enough for Melo. Plus you are essentially forcing a forward to defend Melo, most likely a SF or SG, making him a perimeter player. When he plays the 4 he draws out a PF or C, which makes it easier for him to move into the paint and go off the dribble. That makes plays for Noah and Butler who are in a read and react system in Chicago that begins at the top of the arc and depends on ball movement. Melo the MVP that you seek is not an MVP at the 3 anymore, he's a 4. Every Knicks fan knows this. And I'm pretty sure most basketball fans prefer that version of him. You could still use Gibson off the bench or pair him w/ Mirotic. That actually would benefit you more in the event Melo goes to Chicago.

archdevil84
03-06-2014, 04:44 PM
melo PLEASE dont join the bulls. any team other then the rockets or bulls you are free to go but PLEASE not either one of those.

Kaner
03-06-2014, 04:49 PM
I'm basing that on the way he played in NY and on Team USA under the D'Antoni system. Which made him one of the more efficient shooters in the game. If you put Taj on the baseline, and Noah at the top of the key, the spacing is not enough for Melo. Plus you are essentially forcing a forward to defend Melo, most likely a SF or SG, making him a perimeter player. When he plays the 4 he draws out a PF or C, which makes it easier for him to move into the paint and go off the dribble. That makes plays for Noah and Butler who are in a read and react system in Chicago that begins at the top of the arc and depends on ball movement. Melo the MVP that you seek is not an MVP at the 3 anymore, he's a 4. Every Knicks fan knows this. And I'm pretty sure most basketball fans prefer that version of him. You could still use Gibson off the bench or pair him w/ Mirotic. That actually would benefit you more in the event Melo goes to Chicago.

Would Melo be able to play the 3 again with Mirotic who's supposed to be an excellent 3pt shooter?

Anutda1
03-06-2014, 04:58 PM
@Anutda1 another thing you are missing is that in NY we've tried both. Melo at the 3 was not beneficial to us, the min we made him a 4, that's when he became one of the most dominant players/important in this league. Instead of drawing out 3 guards wasting him at the 3 and getting him into foul trouble, we put him at the 4, effectively drawing out the PF or C from the paint to guard him, taking away a team's rebounder, defensive presence, and wearing them out at their biggest strength.

This is why the Bulls give us trouble, the iso D and the bigs depth of Gooden, Gibson, Noah, are mobile enough to wear him down w/ their help D and Jimmy Butler/Deng would split defensive assignments on him. So that's why Melo at the 4 is actually used at the 4. That's why when matched up against Miami, us and the Nets give the Heat trouble match up wise.

Okay look the problem in NY is your personnel and your offense they could have made it work if they knew how to play Stat and Melo together Stat is a pick and role player slasher type and Melo can score from anywhere on the floor they could have easily ran like a triangle offense in NY and had melo on the block where he could have passed to cutter or went to work because there is not SF in the league that can guard Melo on the block. Ha Ha Ha your comdey you said you effectively play him at the pf spot but your guys are 22 and like 35 or some **** there is not effectiveness at all about that ha ha ha. You guess do it cause you don't know how to run an offense Woodson did the same **** with J Johnson in ATL get a clue. The we give you trouble because your team is **** the only person on your team that rebounds is Chandler. What your team should have tried to do was get Jordan Hill back in some kind of package deal for Stat.

shep33
03-06-2014, 05:03 PM
Going to Chicago is the right move for him. If Thibs can maintain a great defense with Boozer in there, I think Melo would be fine.

Big Zo
03-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Melo is gonna be viewed as some journeyman that couldn't win anywhere.

Anutda1
03-06-2014, 05:07 PM
Question.....if you added Melo to the current roster right now....would the bulls be title contenders?

At best we could make it to the Conf Finals

Anutda1
03-06-2014, 05:14 PM

Okay did you just say Danphoney? The coach that can only coach one style of basketball? I said in an early post the only two people that would play Melo as their starting pf would be Woodson and Danphoney. Apparently you have never seen Melo take SF's and SG's to the block Melo plays on the perimeter when you have bigger players guarding him which is what he is suppose to do.

Anutda1
03-06-2014, 05:16 PM

Someone sale this guy clue.

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 05:19 PM
Okay look the problem in NY is your personnel and your offense they could have made it work if they knew how to play Stat and Melo together Stat is a pick and role player slasher type and Melo can score from anywhere on the floor they could have easily ran like a triangle offense in NY and had melo on the block where he could have passed to cutter or went to work because there is not SF in the league that can guard Melo on the block.

Stat is a PnR player who's offense starts at the elbow, add to that we had Tyson on the floor too. So a PnR w/ Melo there and a triangle would not benefit an offfensive scheme, b/c it only accomplishes bunching up players and trapping yourself. Look man we used Melo every way possible. He's not the issue offensively in NY, we figured out how to use him. That is not in question, his best offensive shooting seasons are here in NY.

Ha Ha Ha your comdey you said you effectively play him at the pf spot but your guys are 22 and like 35 or some **** there is not effectiveness at all about that ha ha ha.

you on drugs or something?

You guess do it cause you don't know how to run an offense Woodson did the same **** with J Johnson in ATL get a clue. The we give you trouble because your team is **** the only person on your team that rebounds is Chandler.
WTF are you babbling about? we've been dissing Woodson here in NY. The main reason Melo had trouble beginning of the season is b/c he was at the 3. We played him at SF, it wasn't benefiting his shooting, defense or the spacing on the floor. And we paired him w/ Bargnani and Chandler. At times Stat and Bargnani.

What your team should have tried to do was get Jordan Hill back in some kind of package deal for Stat.

Oh that's what we should have done. Oh so genius. Who the frick is taking Amar'e at his health?

Anutda1
03-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Stat is a PnR player who's offense starts at the elbow, add to that we had Tyson on the floor too. So a PnR w/ Melo there and a triangle would not benefit an offfensive scheme, b/c it only accomplishes bunching up players and trapping yourself. Look man we used Melo every way possible. He's not the issue offensively in NY, we figured out how to use him. That is not in question, his best offensive shooting seasons are here in NY.

you on drugs or something?

WTF are you babbling about? we've been dissing Woodson here in NY. The main reason Melo had trouble beginning of the season is b/c he was at the 3. We played him a SF, it was benefiting his shooting or the spacing on the floor. And we paired him w/ Bargnani and Chandler. At times Stat and Bargnani.

Oh that's what we should have done. Oh so genius. Who the frick is taking Amar'e at his health?

Your such an educated basketball guy ha ha ha they why Chicago and LA's offense got bunched up and trapped when Phil ran the triangle huh?

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Your such an educated basketball guy ha ha ha they why Chicago and LA's offense got bunched up and trapped when Phil ran the triangle huh?

You had Michael Jordan and Scottie Pippen and a center who can actually move the ball. I don't see how you think anybody can play the triangle. You have to have 3 players falling into that skill set. What does this have to do w/ NY or CHI's current offense?

singledude76er
03-06-2014, 05:37 PM
All due respect to you people who think Carmelo will take less money to sign in Chicago next season. Yes, I am certain he might take less....but not 9 MILLION less. I mean the most the Bulls could offer Melo on a deal might be 14 million after they use the amnesty on Boozer. And even then they would have to renounce all rights to maybe their best defensive PG in Hinrich. And trust me, if Melo opted out of a 2015 salary of 23.5 million for a deal of 14 million tops, and uplifts his NY Lovin' wife Lala out of the city, I guarantee you she will go all Lorena Bobbit on Melo. :speechless:

D-Block21-Chito
03-06-2014, 06:05 PM
Mirotic is most likely joining this summer so there's probably no way Melo plays the 4 unless we go small.

I spoke to KC Johnson @ the Bulls game against the knicks and He believes he will not be on the roster next year but the following year....

benny01
03-06-2014, 06:05 PM
All due respect to you people who think Carmelo will take less money to sign in Chicago next season. Yes, I am certain he might take less....but not 9 MILLION less. I mean the most the Bulls could offer Melo on a deal might be 14 million after they use the amnesty on Boozer. And even then they would have to renounce all rights to maybe their best defensive PG in Hinrich. And trust me, if Melo opted out of a 2015 salary of 23.5 million for a deal of 14 million tops, and uplifts his NY Lovin' wife Lala out of the city, I guarantee you she will go all Lorena Bobbit on Melo. :speechless:

This. It's going to take moving Gibson and Dunleavy, and Mirotic wouldn't be a sure thing even.

72 Wins
03-06-2014, 06:10 PM
Chicago Amnesties Boozer and dumps Dunleavy. This gives Melo 18 million per year vs. 22.4 if he stays in NY. Considering all the money Melo has made over the years, signing with Chicago is a no-brainer.

LakerShow
03-06-2014, 06:13 PM
He coming to the Lakers. Lol...... Going to be interesting to see what happens. 👍

JordansBulls
03-06-2014, 06:15 PM
Melo on the Bulls would mean the Bulls have a guy to cancel out Lebron James and Kevin Durant in a playoff series.

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 06:24 PM
Someone sale this guy clue.

Someone sell this guy hooked on phonics.

mrblisterdundee
03-06-2014, 06:54 PM
Best fit IMO. The Bulls need an offensive weapon like Carmelo and their defense can cover up for his defensive deficiencies.

This is absolutely right. Plus, Anthony isn't very good at leading a team, so he needs a captain like Rose to take that on.
Lack of defense and leadership ability are exactly why Anthony's not at the same level as James or Durant. But Anthony can match Durant and James scoring-wise any day of the week.

kobe4thewinbang
03-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Chicago Amnesties Boozer and dumps Dunleavy. This gives Melo 18 million per year vs. 22.4 if he stays in NY. Considering all the money Melo has made over the years, signing with Chicago is a no-brainer.This.

BALLER R
03-06-2014, 07:07 PM
Melo would be fit the bulls perfectly. He needs to be in their kind of system. Team basketball, good defense and their disciplined.

Cal827
03-06-2014, 07:19 PM
Melo to Chicago would be his best option if he wants a Ring. Could be similar to what happened with Dirk in Dallas. Offensively Gifted player who has his struggles defensively is placed around a bunch of defensive minded players. His defensive issues could be masked a little bit within Thib's system.

We saw that Dirk's Mavs were able to take down the Heat and win an NBA title. Melo to Chicago I think would catapult them into contending status (and that's not considering Derick Rose, who might, although very unlikely, come back similar to what he used to be)

Shammyguy3
03-06-2014, 07:31 PM
This is not a true statement Love only fits the team better if he is going to spend most of his time operate offensively down on the block if he isn't then Melo makes more sense in order to beat Miami and Pacers in a 7 games series you have to have someone that can put work in down on the block.

What wasn't a true statement? That Love is a better player than Melo or that Love is a better fit for the Bulls? And Love fits the Bulls better because he is a facilitator, not a black-hole offensively. He is a great rebounder, and he is far superior in the pick & roll game which is exactly what Derrick Rose thrives in. That's also not taking into account their respective ages and salaries.

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-06-2014, 09:54 PM
The fact that Knicks fans themselves are already pushing Melo to Chicago has me worried.

kobe4thewinbang
03-06-2014, 10:03 PM
The fact that Knicks fans themselves are already pushing Melo to Chicago has me worried.Well, let's face it. The Knicks are a mess. They need to ship out basically everybody but Melo.

Ezio
03-06-2014, 10:19 PM
Well, let's face it. The Knicks are a mess. They need to ship out basically everybody but Melo.

The problem is that they get raped in every trade.

HYFR
03-06-2014, 10:22 PM
The fact that Knicks fans themselves are already pushing Melo to Chicago has me worried.

Not necessarily pushing him there but he honestly deserves better than what we've given him the time he has been here. The guy is bringing it every night and just has no help. The majority of knick fans would like him back but I think we realize him leaving is a REAL possibility

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 10:38 PM

Some of us had issues w/ Melo before, mostly his ego at times, and at times his selfish play [at times] but end of the day, especially this season, we've seen a player bust his *** for us all season and he for w/e he has done before deserves better than this.

To tell you the truth we're rooting for him to go to Chicago so that he can go on and win his title and when that happens only then would we hope the reflection turns back to James Dolan and the Knicks FO actually trying to fix things for basketball not celebrity row. Only then would we hope they see what they took for granted in NY basketball.

No matter how we feel about Melo, we don't want him to end up being one of those great players who retires w/o an NBA championship b/c his organization has a punk bastard for an owner who can't stay in his lane.

TheMightyHumph
03-06-2014, 10:57 PM
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/03/06/report-joakim-noah-recruiting-carmelo-anthony-to-chicago-bulls/?ocid=Yahoo&partner=ya5nbcs

Tampering, indeed.

amos1er
03-06-2014, 11:06 PM
Lets face it, Melo is most likely going to Chicago. All Thibs needs is a top tier offensive player for his system to work. He had Rose in 2011 when the Bulls won 60+ games and he wasn't even a top five offensive player in the NBA. He made Rose look a whole lot better than he was because of all the team wins when Rose was clearly not an elite top tier offensive player. I'm sure he can do the same for Melo and I would have to say that Melo is the better offensive player between the two. Come playoff time it's a whole other story though.

TheMightyHumph
03-06-2014, 11:15 PM
Lets face it, Melo is most likely going to Chicago. All Thibs needs is a top tier offensive player for his system to work. He had Rose in 2011 when the Bulls won 60+ games and he wasn't even a top five offensive player in the NBA. He made Rose look a whole lot better than he was because of all the team wins when Rose was clearly not an elite top tier offensive player. I'm sure he can do the same for Melo and I would have to say that Melo is the better offensive player between the two. Come playoff time it's a whole other story though.

So, Boozer is amnestied?

akagiredsuns
03-06-2014, 11:16 PM

Anymore than Kobe, who also hasn't proven he can stay on the court in L.A. so what's your point?

DillyDill
03-06-2014, 11:24 PM
Chicago is the best choice handsss down, everyone non bias can see this. They would finally have a dynamic 1-2 punch with a healthy Rose and Mello and possibly a Big 3 if you throw Noah in there.

Stunner
03-06-2014, 11:29 PM
Tampering, indeed.

Naw it's just player / player interaction now like it was GM / Player

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

east fb knicks
03-06-2014, 11:37 PM
lmao it's funny how much people hate the knicks the bulls would be an ok fit rose hasn't played in two years maybe if rose comes back and shows he's healthy in the playoffs but if that don't happened melo aint going to play on a team with no 2nd star noah is good but melo wants help and if rose isn't healthy then whats the point of playing there it's not just about winning or else melo would got to the suns wizards or spurs

Kaner
03-07-2014, 12:08 AM
Never liked Melo's game in the past but he's impressed me this season and I think he'd be an amazing fit in chicago, The Dirk and Dallas comparison seems spot on. Love's better but if you can get Melo for Boozer and picks it'd be dumb to pass on it. Also Love would demand more in a trade and am hoping that when Mirotic comes over he'll be a poor mans Love with better defense.

ChI_ShIzzLe
03-07-2014, 12:19 AM
Not necessarily pushing him there but he honestly deserves better than what we've given him the time he has been here. The guy is bringing it every night and just has no help. The majority of knick fans would like him back but I think we realize him leaving is a REAL possibility

Some of us had issues w/ Melo before, mostly his ego at times, and at times his selfish play [at times] but end of the day, especially this season, we've seen a player bust his *** for us all season and he for w/e he has done before deserves better than this.

To tell you the truth we're rooting for him to go to Chicago so that he can go on and win his title and when that happens only then would we hope the reflection turns back to James Dolan and the Knicks FO actually trying to fix things for basketball not celebrity row. Only then would we hope they see what they took for granted in NY basketball.

No matter how we feel about Melo, we don't want him to end up being one of those great players who retires w/o an NBA championship b/c his organization has a punk bastard for an owner who can't stay in his lane.

I was jk, I understand where you guys are coming from. Melo has been unfortunate not having the team around him to succeed on a consistent basis and progress to become title contenders. Denver was a perennial 1st rd exit and its been the same story in NY, but worse. The small percentage of Bulls fans saying they don't want Melo are out of their ****ing minds if you ask me. His offensive talent implemented into our defensive principle will make this team a title contender assuming Rose can come back strong, which I believe he will.

Kaner
03-07-2014, 12:38 AM
What wasn't a true statement? That Love is a better player than Melo or that Love is a better fit for the Bulls? And Love fits the Bulls better because he is a facilitator, not a black-hole offensively. He is a great rebounder, and he is far superior in the pick & roll game which is exactly what Derrick Rose thrives in. That's also not taking into account their respective ages and salaries.

Disagree with Melo being a black-hole offensively, outside of Melo the knicks have even less offensive talent then the Bulls with 2 actual black-holes in Felton and JR getting starting minutes and their STILL a middle of the pack offensive team almost entirely thanks to Melo.

Pierzynski4Prez
03-07-2014, 12:50 AM
In regards to Rose and Melo, I just look at it as adding Melo to this current Bulls team, a 3-4 seed projected to win 45, at the cost of Boozer and likely Dunleavy. Making them a likely contender, not the favorite though. And if Rose can stay healthy and be effective, it makes them very, very dangerous with the young depth they'll have through the draft and Thibs. If not they still will be a top team.

mdm692
03-07-2014, 01:36 AM
Augustin/Hinrich-Butler-Melo-Taj-Noah is good enough to be in the ECF and if they can get Rose healthy for the playoff run then they make a strong case to win it all.

Jamiecballer
03-07-2014, 02:06 AM
Chicago is probably the only place I could see Melo winning. Right roster philosophy and coach. Damn dont let this happen.

smiddy012
03-07-2014, 03:56 AM
Augustin/Hinrich-Butler-Melo-Taj-Noah is good enough to be in the ECF and if they can get Rose healthy for the playoff run then they make a strong case to win it all.

Yeah, no way we resign Augustin if we get Melo. Even just keeping hold of Taj would be tough, as we're due for 43.6 million next season, and that's if we amnesty Booz, and get rid of Dunleavy.

Then with two later 1st rounders, that's approximately an additional 2.5 right there.

Adding more to the cap, Bulls are negotiating with Mirotic right now, we'll be lucky to get 5 per, 6 per is the safe bet imo.

Add it all up, that's 52 million. So we'd have to go into the luxury tax a good, let's say, ten million or so, which is 16 for the first year (of Melo's deal). Bulls would really have to gamble, and spend money, but its now or never to go all in. And the penalties wouldn't be too bad for us, the way we've set ourselves up.

Rose/DP/Hinrich (one year minimum)
Butler/Snell
Melo/
Gibson/Mirotic
Noah/Willie Cauley-Stein

Is the ideal situation IMO. Bulls really would have to go "all in." But that's a fricken scary lineup, especially when you consider how Gibson and Noah have been playing of late.

mrblisterdundee
03-07-2014, 04:22 AM
It would be a hard sell for Chicago in a trade. They'd have to probably include Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson, especially if they want to dump Carlos Boozer off as well, for, say, Carmelo Anthony and Earl Clark.
Chicago would bet its chips on Rose, Noah and Anthony, while New York would have a pretty decent young core with Gibson, Butler and Iman Shumpert.

King41
03-07-2014, 04:42 AM
yeah and add dirk too
the chance that he leaves (if dal miss the playoffs) is bigger then it was in the past
and he would take a paycut for sure
rose/butler/melo/dirk/noah ...

effen5
03-07-2014, 04:55 AM
It would be a hard sell for Chicago in a trade. They'd have to probably include Jimmy Butler and Taj Gibson, especially if they want to dump Carlos Boozer off as well, for, say, Carmelo Anthony and Earl Clark.
Chicago would bet its chips on Rose, Noah and Anthony, while New York would have a pretty decent young core with Gibson, Butler and Iman Shumpert.

Or we can keep those players, amnesty Boozer, and sell of MDJ and sign Anthony

mrblisterdundee
03-07-2014, 05:06 AM
Or we can keep those players, amnesty Boozer, and sell of MDJ and sign Anthony

That's a good idea, although I doubt Chicago can afford to keep Butler and Gibson while paying Rose, Noah and Anthony big money. They might be able to swing keeping Gibson, but I don't think New York would make the trade without at least him and Butler.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
03-07-2014, 05:49 AM

DRose has proven he can stay on the court, the last couple years he has had unfortunate injuries. The bulls are in the 3 seed without him, add melo they are arguably the 1 seed in the east. Add Rose in spurts and in the playoffs and u bet ur *** they are a sure-fire championship contender. Dont be naive

MyDRoseLikeDeng
03-07-2014, 05:54 AM

Not true.. Salary cap is expected to be higher than usual and Bulls could have enough by trading away Dunleavy and amnestying Booz as long as Melo is down to take a pay cut. And by pay cut I mean still making around 16 mil a year

MyDRoseLikeDeng
03-07-2014, 06:02 AM

Hell yes they would

MyDRoseLikeDeng
03-07-2014, 06:10 AM

Why would the Bulls need to do that? The knicks have 0 leverage.. the bulls could say take boozer and a pick or else well just amnesty Booz and find a suitor for Dunleavy. The knicks have no say in this matter, only Melo does with how much money he will demand annually

Denver-boy
03-07-2014, 06:17 AM
Melo lol dont worry, everyone will get melo at least once on their team at this pace

effen5
03-07-2014, 06:37 AM
That's a good idea, although I doubt Chicago can afford to keep Butler and Gibson while paying Rose, Noah and Anthony big money. They might be able to swing keeping Gibson, but I don't think New York would make the trade without at least him and Butler.

Knicks have absolutely ZERO leverage. Also Melo needs the Bulls more than the Bulls need Melo.

NYJ - NYY
03-07-2014, 08:14 AM
Best fit for him... Melo my fav player but he deserves to go to the best scenario which happens to be chitown

Rndy
03-07-2014, 08:17 AM
I'd much rather get Kevin Love other options Hayward, Parsons, or trade for AA. Hayward or Parsons would be difficult because of the whole offer sheet but it would be amazing to grab one of those guys and add it to all our future assets.

If Melo wants to play for the Bulls the Knicks fans aren't going to like what they receive back which is basically nothing. Knicks lost all if any leverage by not trading him at the deadline. If Melo stays in NY he deserves what he's going to get mediocre FO who just don't get it. Feel bad for their fans who every year sell out that place and have to deal with such a terribly run organization. NY fans can annoy the **** out of me but there aren't many fans more loyal than Knicks fans. It's just sad to see a FO make so many mistakes on a team that couldn't possibly win in their projected window. Now they have no assets and are just waiting until these terrible contracts go away. When the Thibs to NY reports were coming out from NY media no less it was just pathetic.

Rndy
03-07-2014, 08:25 AM
I spoke to KC Johnson @ the Bulls game against the knicks and He believes he will not be on the roster next year but the following year....

Little tid bit about guys like KC they know just as much about the Bulls future plans as I do which isn't jack ****. Mirotic will probably be over this year everything coming out of RM is Mirotic is leaving for Chicago. When it comes to Bulls there just isn't any credible inside sources guys like KC throw random **** out hoping something might stick. I'd honestly be shocked if Mirotic isn't in a Bulls uni next year.

cssdmark
03-07-2014, 10:00 AM
I am a Knicks fan and want Melo to stay but the Bulls would be fools to not try and make this happen. Melo is what Chicago needs to get past Miami. Hate to see him go but if we cannot make any moves during the draft we should let him go and let than man have a legit chance for a championship.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
03-07-2014, 11:51 AM
If he wants a championship asap bulls or clips (if he takes less) would make most sense... if he wants money then Knicks makes most sense, Knicks ain't winning anytime soon with or without Melo.

Its like Dwight leaving la for hou .... sure he could have made more money with la but he had more of a chance to get a ring if he went to hou

ewmania
03-07-2014, 11:59 AM
its funny at all the praise melo gets now people think he's leaving ny
"oh yes he would be scary"
but when we were trying to get him all people did was express his flaws lol
now that he might leave people are talking about melo's pros again

Stunner
03-07-2014, 12:05 PM

Because y'all gave up too much instead of waiting for him to come not to mention he would be getting into a better situation then NY ever was .

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

mike_noodles
03-07-2014, 12:21 PM
How the hell is this not tampering. I really hope Silver cracks down on this stuff, I get sick of the tampering in the association.

Stunner
03-07-2014, 12:25 PM
How the hell is this not tampering. I really hope Silver cracks down on this stuff, I get sick of the tampering in the association.

I don't think player / player interaction is tampering . Only FO / Player is

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

Kaner
03-07-2014, 12:27 PM

Stern said in 2010 that he was fine with players discussing teaming up and playing together.

Beltrans Mole
03-07-2014, 12:45 PM

Of course, that's the way it works. Melo on the Knicks means he's a selfish chucker who doesn't make anyone better, doesn't have a winning attitude and can't be the main option on a championship contender.

Put him on the Bulls, and he's an unguardable, premiere scorer who would put Chicago over the top.

D-Leethal
03-07-2014, 12:52 PM
Melo has played harder this season than I've ever seen him play, he would fit right in with the Bulls grit and I will root for him if he leaves - he deserves to play for a winner and finally play for a team built to contend for a title.

Baller1
03-07-2014, 01:00 PM
Still wouldn't put them over the top. They're way better off making a run at Love.

Baller1
03-07-2014, 01:00 PM
yeah and add dirk too
the chance that he leaves (if dal miss the playoffs) is bigger then it was in the past
and he would take a paycut for sure
rose/butler/melo/dirk/noah ...

That's a pipe dream.

Stunner
03-07-2014, 01:34 PM
Still wouldn't put them over the top. They're way better off making a run at Love.

You mean waiting and hoping like 2010 right ?

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

TheIlladelph16
03-07-2014, 01:45 PM
I wouldn't hitch my wagon to the Bulls unless I knew for sure Rose is back, healthy and playing at the same level he was 2-3 years ago. Unfortunately, that won't happen in time for Melo's FA, so I'm not sure why he would want to do that with an enormous question mark on their roster.

KniCks4LiFe
03-07-2014, 01:52 PM
I wouldn't hitch my wagon to the Bulls unless I knew for sure Rose is back, healthy and playing at the same level he was 2-3 years ago. Unfortunately, that won't happen in time for Melo's FA, so I'm not sure why he would want to do that with an enormous question mark on their roster.

even w/o Rose the Bulls are a contender. Their offense is not PG driven. Having Noah and parts like Butler and Gibson makes them difficult to guard.

mike_noodles
03-07-2014, 01:54 PM
I don't think player / player interaction is tampering . Only FO / Player is

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

Stern said in 2010 that he was fine with players discussing teaming up and playing together.

Mike Woodson confirmed my feeling. I think sanctions should be made against the Bulls. And no, I'm not a Knicks fan.

D-Leethal
03-07-2014, 01:58 PM
Because y'all gave up too much instead of waiting for him to come not to mention he would be getting into a better situation then NY ever was .

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

Melo wasn't going into FA during a lockout - that much we all know.

Either way, nothing you just wrote even remotely applies to the point made in the post you quoted.

D-Leethal
03-07-2014, 02:00 PM
even w/o Rose the Bulls are a contender. Their offense is not PG driven. Having Noah and parts like Butler and Gibson makes them difficult to guard.

Having Noah makes them difficult to guard. Gibson and Noah are nice players but they aren't dynamic offensive threats that are difficult to D up. Noah turning into a 7 foot PG is.

KniCks4LiFe
03-07-2014, 02:01 PM
Having Noah makes them difficult to guard. Gibson and Noah are nice players but they aren't dynamic offensive threats that are difficult to D up. Noah turning into a 7 foot PG is.

We are in agreement, that's why Melo pushes that team to the NBA finals even w/ no Rose.

D-Leethal
03-07-2014, 02:03 PM
We are in agreement, that's why Melo pushes that team to the NBA finals even w/ no Rose.

I would say to the ECF. Not sure they WOULD beat Indy or MIA without Rose but they definitely COULD.

abe_froman
03-07-2014, 02:05 PM
they are top tier in the east even without rose,so why not? its not like there are a host of teams that are that close that he can go to ...his options are limited to just a handful of teams

Mike Woodson confirmed my feeling. I think sanctions should be made against the Bulls. And no, I'm not a Knicks fan.
there's no way to prove that any convo even took place,so how can there be sanctions leveled?

KniCks4LiFe
03-07-2014, 02:06 PM
I would say to the ECF. Not sure they WOULD beat Indy or MIA without Rose but they definitely COULD.

Think about this. They championship contenders and rank #30 in isolation offense. #27 in the spot up shots, he'd push that team over the Pacers w/ that team. Even Miami.

benny01
03-07-2014, 02:13 PM

Two players speaking at an all-star game isn't tampering. Had it been Thibs or Paxson yes, Noah no. If thats the case there are quite a few teams that would be sanctioned. The league set precedent by not sanctioning Miami when the big three got together. Woodson should focus on coaching.

D-Leethal
03-07-2014, 02:26 PM
Think about this. They championship contenders and rank #30 in isolation offense. #27 in the spot up shots, he'd push that team over the Pacers w/ that team. Even Miami.

I can't say that with certainty, but I definitely leave it open to possibility and certainly wouldn't bet against it.

D-Leethal
03-07-2014, 02:28 PM
Two players speaking at an all-star game isn't tampering. Had it been Thibs or Paxson yes, Noah no. If thats the case there are quite a few teams that would be sanctioned. The league set precedent by not sanctioning Miami when the big three got together. Woodson should focus on coaching.

I think technically it is tampering but I don't think its something you can prove either way. Hearsay ain't gonna cut it.

Stunner
03-07-2014, 02:46 PM
I think technically it is tampering but I don't think its something you can prove either way. Hearsay ain't gonna cut it.

But how ? Though it's no different from innocent causal chatter . There's nothing wrong with players discussing to play together . If that's the case it can never happen because players are under contract 24/7 all year round with their team . I can only see it as tampering if Gar was mentioned instead of Noah .

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

mike_noodles
03-07-2014, 03:25 PM

You're right, it isn't. But when the actual word "recruiting" is used it is.

I don't actually think sanctions will be handed down, mostly because the NBA is a joke and caters to its star players, not to its fans. The NBA's "free agency" is the laughing stock of the 4 majors and their respective free agencies.

benny01
03-07-2014, 03:35 PM
I think we agree that nothing will happen with this, but it wouldn't be tampering. Noah has zero authority to make personnel decisions for the Bulls. He can't offer a contract, he can't make a trade to get him. It would be no different than being at a trade convention and someone saying they liked their company and that at some point if you get a chance you come work there.

benny01
03-07-2014, 03:36 PM
You're right, it isn't. But when the actual word "recruiting" is used it is.

I don't actually think sanctions will be handed down, mostly because the NBA is a joke and caters to its star players, not to its fans. The NBA's "free agency" is the laughing stock of the 4 majors and their respective free agencies.
This is absolute fact

DatDude19
03-07-2014, 03:46 PM
"Come play for us Melo, we'll never be on the court together but I'm a real locker room leader" - Derrick Rose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stunner
03-07-2014, 03:52 PM
" Mike Woodson wasn’t happy when he heard that Joakim Noah was trying to recruit Carmelo Anthony to the Bulls, writes Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News. “Legally, nobody can recruit anyone,” said Woodson to ESPN New York. “You can’t do that at this point. ‘Melo is still wearing a Knicks uniform. Whatever was said, that’s on them (the Bulls).” Lawrence thinks Knicks owner James Dolan is likely to press for the league to investigate the matter, but there’s no word that New York has made any move to do so just yet. Here’s more out of the Big Apple:

The Knicks won’t have any kind of a case for tampering, opines Howard Beck of Bleacher Report (Twitter links). Beck cites a statement David Stern made in 2010 in which Stern said there’s nothing wrong with players talking about the possibility of playing together one day.
Tampering talk aside, Yannis Koutroupis of Basketball Insiders thinks it would make sense for Anthony to sign with Chicago this offseason. Koutroupis observes that Dwight Howard found himself in a similar set of circumstances last summer, and the center’s departure from L.A. wound up working in his favor. "

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

Stunner
03-07-2014, 03:52 PM
"Come play for us Melo, we'll never be on the court together but I'm a real locker room leader" - Derrick Rose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Womp womp

Tapatalk Rulez !!!

TheIlladelph16
03-07-2014, 05:30 PM

Contender for a first, maybe second round exit? Sure.

For an actual accomplishment like a championship? Nah not really.

they are top tier in the east even without rose,so why not? its not like there are a host of teams that are that close that he can go to ...his options are limited to just a handful of teams

there's no way to prove that any convo even took place,so how can there be sanctions leveled?

As far as options go, you may be right and his other realistic destinations may not be that good. It is better than the Knicks.

Being a top tier team in the East doesn't mean **** when you don't even have a superstar or star player on the court because you aren't winning a championship or accomplishing anything of real note without one. That's great they're doing well this year without Rose, and Noah/Thibs deserve a ton of credit. If I'm Melo though, I see a team who's best player right now is a center who gives you very little on the offense end and a whole bunch of role players and their superstar is coming off of his second major knee injury and has essentially missed two entire seasons. That is a TON of risk there.

D-Leethal
03-07-2014, 05:48 PM
I think we agree that nothing will happen with this, but it wouldn't be tampering. Noah has zero authority to make personnel decisions for the Bulls. He can't offer a contract, he can't make a trade to get him. It would be no different than being at a trade convention and someone saying they liked their company and that at some point if you get a chance you come work there.

You guys might be right - I remember when Melo was recruiting Rondo and their old HS coach came out and confirmed it, when Melo was approached about he said "what? nah thats tampering".

What you guys are saying makes sense though, can't really regulate what friends say to each other. Thats overkill even for a Stern-bred league.

ramsizzle
03-07-2014, 05:50 PM
Contender for a first, maybe second round exit? Sure.

For an actual accomplishment like a championship? Nah not really.

As far as options go, you may be right and his other realistic destinations may not be that good. It is better than the Knicks.

Being a top tier team in the East doesn't mean **** when you don't even have a superstar or star player on the court because you aren't winning a championship or accomplishing anything of real note without one. That's great they're doing well this year without Rose, and Noah/Thibs deserve a ton of credit. If I'm Melo though, I see a team who's best player right now is a center who gives you very little on the offense end and a whole bunch of role players and their superstar is coming off of his second major knee injury and has essentially missed two entire seasons. That is a TON of risk there.

the bulls were a second round team without rose... are a 3/4 seed without he and deng again this year. explain to me without sounding like a buffoon how theyd be a first or second round exit with adding melo? actually don't because it isnt worth my time.

your logic is flawed because what the bulls lack is what melo excels in ... scoring and iso plays.

derp derp. ugh. Without rose this team is a championship contender with adding melo.

72 Wins
03-07-2014, 06:14 PM
^ Agreed. Since the Bulls have been in the playoffs with Rose, one thing is fact- The Bulls need a 2nd scorer/option. We have not been able to find a way to beat the Heat when they trap rose or when Lebron guards him in the 4th quarter. Personally, I think because of Rose's size and "so-so" shooting, he really shouldn't be the first option. That could be Melo.

abe_froman
03-07-2014, 06:15 PM

it does mean something ,because the only team in the east which fits your criteria is miami,so that represents the easiest way to get to the finals ,which is a lot closer than he's ever been and its not like they are locked in and couldnt ever bring in another.(also look at the mavs a couple years ago,they won a ring without a 2nd superstar.so its not as out of the question as you make it)
i'm not saying the bulls are so great or anything,but what are his other/better options that you have in mind?

Rndy
03-07-2014, 06:23 PM
Woodson should worry about doing his job and maybe Melo wouldn't be listening to Noah.

JordansBulls
03-09-2014, 07:38 PM
^ Agreed. Since the Bulls have been in the playoffs with Rose, one thing is fact- The Bulls need a 2nd scorer/option. We have not been able to find a way to beat the Heat when they trap rose or when Lebron guards him in the 4th quarter. Personally, I think because of Rose's size and "so-so" shooting, he really shouldn't be the first option. That could be Melo.
Agreed!!

72 Wins
03-09-2014, 09:07 PM
I hope Melo was watching today's game against Miami and thinking "hmmmmmmm." :D

0nekhmer
03-09-2014, 09:23 PM
i can't wait for new york to give the raptors their #1 pick in 2016 after they go into tank mode

koreancabbage
03-09-2014, 09:32 PM
Bulls would be dangerous with Melo. hopefully he sees that.

slashsnake
03-10-2014, 03:09 AM
the bulls were a second round team without rose... are a 3/4 seed without he and deng again this year. explain to me without sounding like a buffoon how theyd be a first or second round exit with adding melo? actually don't because it isnt worth my time.

your logic is flawed because what the bulls lack is what melo excels in ... scoring and iso plays.

derp derp. ugh. Without rose this team is a championship contender with adding melo.

It would be interesting to see how that would work. Melo does at times really stop the ball movement which is the bulls only real strength on offense.

And that teams biggest strength is defense and hustle, which are things that Melo doesn't do.

I agree he would fill a need, but would he detract too much from the things they do well? Would this be like Denver saying "we need a second scorer" and picking up Allen Iverson and getting no better? Or Atlanta with Glenn Robinson...

I know, a bit of a different combination, but the Knicks aren't exactly better off from Pre Melo vs. now.

I'd pull the trigger and hope for the best if I was Chicago, but them having some disappointing years with Melo wouldn't surprise me.

CHI_Fan412
03-10-2014, 03:21 AM
You gotta take the risk IMO. You can only be a runner up so many times.