PDA

View Full Version : (Proven Final's Mvp Winners) Could They Repeat What Mj Did?

Dade County
03-06-2014, 02:56 AM
How many championships could these Final's*Mvp's winners, run off on Jordan bulls championship teams (starting point 1991 against the Lakers)?

Place on of these players on Jordan 1st championship team (take Jordan off the team off course), they have Pippen as their side kick (if the player is a small forward like Lbj, move Pippen to Sg and give him jordan hight (but the player is still Pippen with all his skill set)).

Take into account what stage the player was at in his career when he actually 1st won his Final's Mvp trophy (example Tony parker in 2007). From that point on place him on Jordan bulls championship teams, and let me know how many rings you think the player could have won (So 2007 Tony parker on the 1991 Bulls Final's team, in stead of Jordan... And you go on from there, year after year until 1998).

Yes take into account age.

Duncan
Pierce
Kobe
Dirk
Billups
Wade
Lbj
Shaq
Tony Parker

Jeffy25
03-06-2014, 02:59 AM
LBJ would just take point in Chicago with Jordan and Pippen

benny01
03-06-2014, 03:09 AM
Kobe maybe Pierce and LBJ. Would say Shaq, Duncan but it really doesn't translate. Jordan was the best ever though and an absolute assassin.

Dade County
03-06-2014, 03:29 AM
LBJ would just take point in Chicago with Jordan and Pippen

Take a look at the scenario again, when you can...

Mj is not on the team, you're replacing him with another proven Final's Mvp winner. And you are trying to see if said player could defeat the same opponents that Mj had to beat.

Like the sonics and jazz...etc

Dade County
03-06-2014, 03:33 AM
Kobe maybe Pierce and LBJ. Would say Shaq, Duncan but it really doesn't translate. Jordan was the best ever though and an absolute assassin.

Kobe won his 1st Final Mvp in 2009, are you trying to say at that point in his career he would have won 6 rings like Mj?

And Pierce won his in 2007-2008 season... I don't know if he gets a ring or two.

benny01
03-06-2014, 03:35 AM
I didn't know it was dependent on them starting from their first MVP. Then no. none

benny01
03-06-2014, 03:36 AM
I'm gonna take Pierce off to due to defense/quickness.

benny01
03-06-2014, 03:38 AM
Do we also take into account retiring for a year an half in their prime to play baseball, and retiring a second time as a common courtesy to the NBA?

abe_froman
03-06-2014, 04:02 AM
Duncan-probably the best shot at getting all 6 rings because of how young he was when he won his first fmvp
Pierce-doubt we win any
Kobe-i could see walking away with a couple
Dirk-bulls win in '91 ,but he's dealt with injuries after he won fmvp so...
Billups-never win a title
Wade-(not sure he could survive that era) but based on talent i think we win '91,but the injuries he suffered right after that '06 season kills the first 3peat and dont think older wade(recent wade) has the same impact as older mj did
Lbj-he won it in '12 so there isnt enough to overlap mj's run,but i'll say the same results of the first 3peat
Shaq-i'll say he gets 5 of 6
Tony Parker-never wins a title

benny01
03-06-2014, 04:14 AM
^ this pretty much(sorry for being an ***)
I would say no on Wade cause he never had the jump shot. Jordan was impossible because at the 8:00 mark of every fourth quarter of virtually every playoff game he was unstoppable. Some of these guys did it on occasion, but with Jordan you expected it and it happened. Occasionally I think that it becomes a myth or something and then I go back and watch the games.

numba1CHANGsta
03-06-2014, 04:27 AM
Kobe's game in the early 90's would have been un-guardable especially long range

Shaq and Penny>Shaq and Pippen and still didn't win

LeBron+Pippen would mean no good guards, wouldn't be balanced

I only see it happen with Kobe, Kobe+Pippen and the rest of the role players would win at least 4-5 championships

Ebbs
03-06-2014, 04:38 AM
This is a ridiculous question. With way too many parameters.

LeBron is 2 years removed from his first finals MVP hard to know if he will have 6-8 more years at elite play.

Kobe didn't win a finals MVP until he was what 12th season? So no I don't think Kobe would win 6 championships from that point on.

Parker definitely not.

Wade could've been the guy with Pippen for 2-3 years. I think they win twice.

Yea again so many factors.

benny01
03-06-2014, 04:49 AM
I think that the idea of Jordan playing with super teams VS LBJ is kind of silly anyway.
Jordan HOF's
Pippen, Grant, Cartwright? and Pippen, Rodman, Cartwright?
LBJ
Bosh, Wade, possibly Miller and Battier? and Bosh, Wade, Allen, and Battier
I might be missing a guy here or there, but both teams had a lot of good players. The same could be said for the Lakers or Spurs of those respective eras. Jordan carried a good deal of the scoring load for his first two.

Dade County
03-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Do we also take into account retiring for a year an half in their prime to play baseball, and retiring a second time as a common courtesy to the NBA?

If you would like, but I didn't. I want to see if posters believe if any of these players could beat the Rockets in the Final's.

Kobe's game in the early 90's would have been un-guardable especially long range

Shaq and Penny>Shaq and Pippen and still didn't win

LeBron+Pippen would mean no good guards, wouldn't be balanced

I only see it happen with Kobe, Kobe+Pippen and the rest of the role players would win at least 4-5 championships

Are you putting into account that Kobe won his Fmvp in 2009, and he would be starting at that point in 1991.... OS that means, this isn't prime Kobe anymore. And the Final's in 2010 Pau had the better over all series numbers against the C's. (And the following injuries that might occur because of wear and tear & getting older)

I can see Kobe winning that first ring, but after that.

This is a ridiculous question. With way too many parameters.

LeBron is 2 years removed from his first finals MVP hard to know if he will have 6-8 more years at elite play.

Kobe didn't win a finals MVP until he was what 12th season? So no I don't think Kobe would win 6 championships from that point on.

Parker definitely not.

Wade could've been the guy with Pippen for 2-3 years. I think they win twice.

Yea again so many factors.

Relax...lol

I am really looking for the Final's matchup. like Timmy vs Malone... Parker vs Stockton, Lakers Shaq vs the Dream (shaq more seasoned).

And thats when Kobe proved he was a Final's Mvp (but that doesn't take anything away from him)... So how much rings do you think he would have won in this scenario? 1, 2, maybe none...etc?

Dade County
03-06-2014, 05:42 PM
I think that the idea of Jordan playing with super teams VS LBJ is kind of silly anyway.
Jordan HOF's
Pippen, Grant, Cartwright? and Pippen, Rodman, Cartwright?
LBJ
Bosh, Wade, possibly Miller and Battier? and Bosh, Wade, Allen, and Battier
I might be missing a guy here or there, but both teams had a lot of good players. The same could be said for the Lakers or Spurs of those respective eras. Jordan carried a good deal of the scoring load for his first two.

You could say 90 percent of teams that have won a champion, is a super team lol

You need talent on your roster in order to come out on top. Only Dallas and the Mav's would not be called a super team/loaded team (even though the Mav's had the highest payroll that year (& Lbj helped them out)) .

benny01
03-06-2014, 05:58 PM
You could say 90 percent of teams that have won a champion, is a super team lol

You need talent on your roster in order to come out on top. Only Dallas and the Mav's would not be called a super team/loaded team (even though the Mav's had the highest payroll that year (& Lbj helped them out)) .

Right

Aswering the question though, the Bulls don't win the first few without Jordan consistently hitting incredible shots. So if we are looking at could have done it on those teams, I would say only Kobe. If Kobe takes a year off in the middle and plays baseball, probably no one. Pippen wasn't the guy most people remember until Jordan's year off.

Dade County
03-06-2014, 06:34 PM
Right

Aswering the question though, the Bulls don't win the first few without Jordan consistently hitting incredible shots. So if we are looking at could have done it on those teams, I would say only Kobe. If Kobe takes a year off in the middle and plays baseball, probably no one. Pippen wasn't the guy most people remember until Jordan's year off.

I think Shaq and timmy win 4 to 5 rings... I can see both of them losing to the Jazz.

I can see Kobe winning 1, the 1st one against the Lakers (maybe against the Suns too, if healthy).

To me Lbj wins, 5 to 7; because Lbj can be the de-facto and with scottie pippen still being pippen, just with Jordan hight, the wing defense would be incredible.

I can see Tony parker winning one too, I think people forget how could he actually was 5 to 7 yrs ago.

Wade to me wins 3 (not consecutively) , and the only thing that stops him from winning more is injuries.