PDA

View Full Version : What future do you see for the Denver Nuggets?

kobe4thewinbang
03-06-2014, 01:24 AM
Like the Memphis Grizzlies, the Denver Nuggets had a flash of greatness but will likely miss out on the playoffs this year in the wild western conference. How do you think they should improve the team? Do you think firing George Karl was the right move? Do they need a star? What about Ty Lawson?

sixer04fan
03-06-2014, 01:37 AM
I don't think firing Karl was the right move. But I can't blame them for wanting to go in a different direction. In their peak (post Melo era) they were a good, young, exciting team who could challenge the contenders, but lacked the true star power to ever get them over the top. That core is/was never going to win a title.

They definitely need to add a true star player to the fold to be taken seriously. But they're still in a good spot for the future. The Knicks' draft pick is going to help tremendously too. As for Lawson, he's a good starting PG, sure, but there are sooo many good PGs in the league today. He's very replaceable.

Kashmir13579
03-06-2014, 01:40 AM
I don't think firing Karl was the right move. But I can't blame them for wanting to go in a different direction. In their peak (post Melo era) they were a good, young, entertaining team, but lacked the true star power to ever get them over the top. That core is/was never going to win a title.

They definitely need to add a true star player to the fold to be taken seriously. But they're still in a good spot for the future. The Knicks' draft pick is going to help tremendously too. As for Lawson, he's a good starting PG, sure, but there are sooo many good PGs in the league today. He's very replaceable.

:bang:

sixer04fan
03-06-2014, 02:08 AM
:bang:

Haha, sorry. But yeah. Denver is playing with house money on that pick. If they get lucky and that pick jumps into the top 3 during the lottery, then they're golden.

I'm still waiting to see if the Knicks go on a mini-run at least by the end of the year, to push that pick from the 6-7 range to the 10-11 range. It's really close between those slots right now, and it would drastically affect the odds of that pick being able to land in the top 3 or not when it comes to the lottery. Not that it matters for the Knicks either way. Just something to keep an eye on if you're a Denver fan.

BirdIsTheWord
03-06-2014, 02:32 AM
Haha, sorry. But yeah. Denver is playing with house money on that pick. If they get lucky and that pick jumps into the top 3 during the lottery, then they're golden.

I'm still waiting to see if the Knicks go on a mini-run at least by the end of the year, to push that pick from the 6-7 range to the 10-11 range. It's really close between those slots right now, and it would drastically affect the odds of that pick being able to land in the top 3 or not when it comes to the lottery. Not that it matters for the Knicks either way. Just something to keep an eye on if you're a Denver fan.

Oh I'm watching.

Having so many injuries obviously didn't help this season but if they can get healthy next season and we can add a quality player from the upcoming draft (hopefully in the lottery) we should get back on the right track next season.

JEDean89
03-06-2014, 02:53 AM
The truth is the nuggets have missed 2 starters all season, their 6th man went out and their veteran guy was as unproffesional in his short tenure here as possible. yah the GK team was exciting and it could win regular season games but the reason why was because no team in the league was gonna come up to 5,280 feet and run with Ty Lawson and Kenneth Faried night in and out. The Nuggets just pounded the paint and couldn't shoot, hit ft's or play defense but they won 57 games. Come playoff time, they play Bogut, who was an excellent rim protector and they couldn't do ****. Also losing Gallo hurt alot.

GK was an illusion, he palyed a brand of ball that required special athletic talent and those supreme athletes aren't that skilled (McGee, Faried namely). Without a skilled frontcourt, they were helpless.

Now this team is still built for GK, not Brian Shaw and it shows. Foye is not a starting 2 guard in this league, he can't play defense so only one player in the Nuggets starting 5 plays a lick of defense. They have only 3 of their 9 primary rotation players from last year in the rotation this year (ty, chandler, faried... gallo, koufos, mcgee, miller, brewer and iggy are all gone) so theres that.

The Nuggets have a great future thanks to Masai Ujiri. He somehow convinced the Knicks to not protect this pick at all, drafted Fournier and Quincy Miller with bargain picks, drafted Faried and got the rights to swap picks with the Knicks in 2016 (when they could very well suck again.)

Imagine if they get Exum, Embiid, Parker or Wiggins? They would be an athletic 2 guard away from being right back atop the West. Shaw is the right man for the job, i've noticed improvements in many areas but the players available to him aren't winning in this Western conference, it's just too rowdy.

abe_froman
03-06-2014, 02:57 AM
1.get wiggins/parker/emiid/exum/ect.
2.???
3.championship

everything begins and ends with who they get with that ny pick ,so they should be fine and at least back to where they were(but with a higher cieling) within a few years