PDA

View Full Version : What do you think Minny can do in the off season to try and improve their team to con

Stunner
03-05-2014, 06:19 PM
I think most of us think he's leaving but is it too far fetch to think he could possibly stay ? I think Minny has hard a very bad string of injuries and scoring from the pg spot that has kept them from being a lower half playoff team . I think they could try and do a sign and trade for Lowry who I think might be leaving for a pay day . Is Rubio and their 1st this year worth him if they express mutual interest ? I don't see Minny as a huge draw team but a team that can compete with players that teams didn't want ala Phx or thru the draft like OKC . It's a lil too late prob now but do you think they can still pull something off ?

Iron24th
03-05-2014, 06:23 PM
Relocation.

Nobody wants to live in minnesota.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 06:25 PM
it would have to be done via trades, we are out of cap money for next year.

If I am Flip Saunders, if the Thunder fail to win and Westbrook is still getting the criticism of slowing down Durant, I would call and offer what MBT said:

Pekovic
Rubio
filler
1st round pick

for

Westbrook
Perkins (take on this deal to entice them)

We can then use the mid level to get a defensive center, and draft a shooter in the draft (McDermott, or Hood for example).

OKC would get a pass first PG who can rebound and showed signs on being a good defender, and a huge upgrade at center. With Ibaka there, Pekovic's defensive shortcomings at the rim will be mostly covered up.

The Wolves get a 2nd superstar who happens to be best friends with Love, who is under contract for the next 3 years, which may entice Love to opt out and re-sign the 5 year max extension.

I must add:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 06:26 PM
Relocation.

Nobody wants to live in minnesota.

why do these statements need to be made from every west/east coast person who has never even been to the middle part of the country most likely? Minnesota is beautiful 7 months of the year, one of the fittest states, great schools, and is quite nice to live in.

Chronz
03-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Giving the same core another crack isn't too bad of an option, some guys have room to grow. That said, I would look real hard at separating the bash bros.

Stunner
03-05-2014, 06:29 PM
it would have to be done via trades, we are out of cap money for next year.

If I am Flip Saunders, if the Thunder fail to win and Westbrook is still getting the criticism of slowing down Durant, I would call and offer what MBT said:

Pekovic
Rubio
filler
1st round pick

for

Westbrook
Perkins (take on this deal to entice them)

We can then use the mid level to get a defensive center, and draft a shooter in the draft (McDermott, or Hood for example).

OKC would get a pass first PG who can rebound and showed signs on being a good defender, and a huge upgrade at center. With Ibaka there, Pekovic's defensive shortcomings at the rim will be mostly covered up.

The Wolves get a 2nd superstar who happens to be best friends with Love, who is under contract for the next 3 years, which may entice Love to opt out and re-sign the 5 year max extension.

That's a real good trade actually and I would prob do it even if OKC succeed . IMO they would still have Reggie Jackson who is improving as a player as well .

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 06:30 PM
Giving the same core another crack isn't too bad of an option, some guys have room to grow. That said, I would look real hard at separating the bash bros.

what do you think a realistic option is for a Pek trade? Meaning, where are we getting a team to give us a defensive center and take back Pek?

Stunner
03-05-2014, 06:32 PM
I mean I honestly believe if Minny didn't have all the injuries and if Rubio actually was a scoring threat they would be in the 7th or 8th spot fighting . I can see the losing frustrating Love and the fact everyone always hurt but I could see him signing a 3 year with a player option giving them a final chance . At that time he'll be what 28 in his prime with a a better chance of getting a ring IMO with the amount if talent coming in and leaving the league .

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 06:40 PM
I mean I honestly believe if Minny didn't have all the injuries and if Rubio actually was a scoring threat they would be in the 7th or 8th spot fighting . I can see the losing frustrating Love and the fact everyone always hurt but I could see him signing a 3 year with a player option giving them a final chance . At that time he'll be what 28 in his prime with a a better chance of getting a ring IMO with the amount if talent coming in and leaving the league .

I have broken down our issues this year many times. We lead the NBA in 20, and 30 point leads. No team blows out teams like we do, yet we stand at 30-29 right now. Why? Because our defense goes from top 10 in efficiency to bottom 5 in close games in the 4th quarter. When teams start playing in close games, its as close to a playoff atmosphere as it gets in the regular season. Rubio is exposed, to the point that many nights Adelman plays Barea down the stretch, and that is just as bad. Our bench is weak, and we simply don't execute late in games.

If you look at this:

Record: 30-29, 3rd in NBA Northwest Division (Schedule and Results)
Coach: Rick Adelman (30-29)

PTS/G: 106.2 (4th of 30) ▪ Opp PTS/G: 102.1 (21st of 30)
SRS: 4.55 (9th of 30) ▪ Pace: 97.4 (3rd of 30)
Off Rtg: 108.6 (9th of 30) ▪ Def Rtg: 104.4 (8th of 30)
Expected W-L: 37-22 (9th of 30)

It just shows you that we are close to being a very good team, but crumble down the stretch in tight games, for various reasons. We need an upgrade at PG (or for Rubio to upgrade his damn self), another shooter at least, and a defensive presence inside the paint. A real bench scorer would be a luxury as well, but if we get those three, this is just a bonus imo. Though necessary to move into "contender" status.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 06:43 PM
This is most likely Adelman's last season as well, and word is inside Wolves world that Flip Saunders will assume coaching duties when he retires.

Ebbs
03-05-2014, 06:50 PM
I don't like that deal if I'm the Thunder but it's worth wafting out there I suppose.

Personally I think Wolves are ****ed.

Stunner
03-05-2014, 06:54 PM
I actually think Lowry and Rodney Hood would he a verity good addition to your team Hawkeye

Stunner
03-05-2014, 06:55 PM
Yea I think you guys should try and take Hollins from DeT or go after Karl .

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 06:56 PM
I don't like that deal if I'm the Thunder but it's worth wafting out there I suppose.

Personally I think Wolves are ****ed.

well, if the Thunder really feel like they might be better off trading Westbrook, they aren't going to get a better deal imo. Not if they want to stay a championship contender while sending him off. It will come down to whether they think what they can get in return for Westbrook is enough, because from my perspective, Durant and Westbrook just aren't a great combination if you are looking to take Durant's game to the next level.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 06:56 PM
I actually think Lowry and Rodney Hood would he a verity good addition to your team Hawkeye

We can't afford Lowry, and the Raps stats savvy GM is not taking Rubio back via SnT

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 06:57 PM
Yea I think you guys should try and take Hollins from DeT or go after Karl .

I would love Karl, but Flip is already basically sitting there in wait. At least that is what the inner Wolves people are saying..

Stunner
03-05-2014, 07:02 PM
We can't afford Lowry, and the Raps stats savvy GM is not taking Rubio back via SnT

Idk for a 2015 pick he prob would he was going to take Felton who's on a length deal , Shump and a pick that was like 2 or 3 years away until Dolan backed out . So I think he would take Rubio for a season if he came with a first and then let him go . They still also have Vas

SteveNash
03-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Minnesota lacks talent and all there guys are soft and injury prone, burn it down and start over.

why do these statements need to be made from every west/east coast person who has never even been to the middle part of the country most likely? Minnesota is beautiful 7 months of the year, one of the fittest states, great schools, and is quite nice to live in.

Those other 5 months is where most NBA games take place.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 07:33 PM
Minnesota lacks talent and all there guys are soft and injury prone, burn it down and start over.

Those other 5 months is where most NBA games take place.

the winter isn't as bad as many claim.

Would you rather be in a city/state where it snows and is around 5 degrees during the winter, but is sunny the majority of the time, or in a city where it is 30 and raining on you in the winter?

And again, the whole city thing just ends up pissing off everyone from that city, of which I am from. So frankly, I don't need to hear it.

Heediot
03-05-2014, 07:49 PM
what do you think a realistic option is for a Pek trade? Meaning, where are we getting a team to give us a defensive center and take back Pek?

Larry Sanders
Delfino
Protected 1st

IMO. Not sure if that is enough to convince him to stay. Henson complements Pek in Milwaukee.

bigsams50
03-05-2014, 07:56 PM
Whatever happened to Shabazz Muhammad? I had high hopes for him coming out of the draft.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 08:03 PM
Whatever happened to Shabazz Muhammad? I had high hopes for him coming out of the draft.

he was absolutely not ready for NBA minutes. It took him until very recently to get minutes, but he has moved into the rotation the last 4 games or so. He was just not in good enough shape, and too much of an isolationist to play at first. Plus, Adelman generally doesn't play rookies unless they fit his immediate offensive style, of which Bazz didn't. I will say, I was very harsh on him, but watching him recently, he reminds me of Bonzi Wells potentially. Good rebounder who is a very strong, wide player who can get some buckets close to the rim, and eventually get a decent jumper.

bigsams50
03-05-2014, 08:18 PM
he was absolutely not ready for NBA minutes. It took him until very recently to get minutes, but he has moved into the rotation the last 4 games or so. He was just not in good enough shape, and too much of an isolationist to play at first. Plus, Adelman generally doesn't play rookies unless they fit his immediate offensive style, of which Bazz didn't. I will say, I was very harsh on him, but watching him recently, he reminds me of Bonzi Wells potentially. Good rebounder who is a very strong, wide player who can get some buckets close to the rim, and eventually get a decent jumper.

The fact that he is showing some improvement is really encouraging. Scouts said before the draft that he has teh drive to get better, so i think you will continue to see improvement. I remember the one knock on him is his lack of ability to create his own shot. If he can develop that, i think y'all got a steal in the draft.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
03-05-2014, 08:21 PM
Pray to God that you get lucky in the lotto and try to flip that pick for a star.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 08:31 PM
Pray to God that you get lucky in the lotto and try to flip that pick for a star.

wait, pray that my team, which has NEVER in the history of the draft, moved up, jumps 10 teams to get one of the bigger picks should be our hope?

haha, I am just giving you ****, but if we are going to even hope for that as Wolves fans, we should be checked into a mental institute.

mngopher35
03-05-2014, 09:12 PM
I'm assuming we will finish in 13th and then the team in 14th will move up, sending our pick to the Suns (it's top 13 protected).

I would strongly consider trading Pek and Rubio but I am not sure what type of deal we can get done. I wouldn't just give them away, rather see the core back next year than a desperate move. We can hopefully figure something out.

sunsfan88
03-05-2014, 09:20 PM
They get injured every single season. Upgrade their training staff.

NBA_Starter
03-05-2014, 09:21 PM
Praying honestly seems like the best option.

Hellcrooner
03-05-2014, 09:31 PM
draft wisely this year.
add a worhty MLE veteran to the team.
Get rid of Barea.
Get rid of adelam.
Add a coach that tells K martin to quit the chuking and forget bout handling the ball and isntead go for the spot up shot.
send some staff to stay with rubio the whole summer to teach him how to shoot
send some psuchiatric staff to stay with rubio the whol summer to teach him to go 50/50 on Pass or shoot instead of go always past first.
Send some staff to stay with rubio the whole summer to check he is lifting his weights so he can drive in.

Giving up on rubio THIS SOON ( remember he basically is playing his SOPHOMORE season cause of the injury he had) is beyond moronic.

Sepcially since the star you dont want to leave actually likes the dude....

people seem to forget dude is 23 friggin years old.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 09:40 PM
draft wisely this year.
add a worhty MLE veteran to the team.
Get rid of Barea.
Get rid of adelam.
Add a coach that tells K martin to quit the chuking and forget bout handling the ball and isntead go for the spot up shot.
send some staff to stay with rubio the whole summer to teach him how to shoot
send some psuchiatric staff to stay with rubio the whol summer to teach him to go 50/50 on Pass or shoot instead of go always past first.
Send some staff to stay with rubio the whole summer to check he is lifting his weights so he can drive in.

Giving up on rubio THIS SOON ( remember he basically is playing his SOPHOMORE season cause of the injury he had) is beyond moronic.

Sepcially since the star you dont want to leave actually likes the dude....

people seem to forget dude is 23 friggin years old.

I agree giving up on Rubio this quick is extreme, but when you consider our position with the ****ing idiotic contract Kahn gave Love, we need to win. Now. At any cost.

And draft wisely? Even with a new GM, we traded away a ROY candidate, for 2 guys who have 40 DNP's each.

sunsfan88
03-05-2014, 11:15 PM
They need to give Shabazz more mins and develop him. He can be a rich man's Corey Maggette. They gotta groom him to be their future starting SF.