PDA

View Full Version : Melo Camp " Not interested in hearing about 2015 "

Stunner
03-05-2014, 02:42 PM
http://m.nydailynews.com/1.1710993

Let the speculation begin , Knicks will have to do some drastic things on Draft night or I think it's over .

AIMelo=KillaDUO
03-05-2014, 02:52 PM
Zzz:yawn:

Chronz
03-05-2014, 02:55 PM
Why do players think teams can just force talent to appear? I remember when Kobe demanded a trade because the organization allegedly lied to him about how they were going to rebuild. Felt like Kobe should have known it was going to take time based on what they got back (Brian Grants crippling 3 year +40 M contract).

abe_froman
03-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Why do players think teams can just force talent to appear?
because i think they see it happening for others,seeing how all their friends are teaming up and all.heat can bring in lebron and bosh,celtics got allen and kg,ect. ...so they probably think its easy

NYKnickFanatic
03-05-2014, 03:01 PM
I can't blame Melo, if he leaves. He doesn't deserve to play on a terrible team. Guy plays his heart out every night. Knicks will never win anything as long as Dolan owns them. Our organization is definitely the worst managed in the NBA.

Stunner
03-05-2014, 03:02 PM
Why do players think teams can just force talent to appear? I remember when Kobe demanded a trade because the organization allegedly lied to him about how they were going to rebuild. Felt like Kobe should have known it was going to take time based on what they got back (Brian Grants crippling 3 year +40 M contract).

To be fair NY put themselves in this position before the season by signing Jr to that contract and during the season by not getting rid of Felton and Shump for Lowry . Not to mention not entertaining the idea of trading Melo . I think Melo might honestly leave and already has a team in mind he wants to go to . Unlike his Denver days were he was dead set on going to NY ... NY didn't really have to trade for Melo that had the cap to sign him without trading away assets and picks but they got thirsty . Melo has been kind of quiet about his movements outside of saying he's opting out because he feels why force a trade and take assets away from a team he could be potentially going to. If a sign and trade does come around the Knicks will take about anything offered with no leverage.

NYKnickFanatic
03-05-2014, 03:02 PM

Kobe demanded a trade and then they went and got Pau Gasol and we saw what happened...

NYKnickFanatic
03-05-2014, 03:03 PM
To be fair NY put themselves in this position before the season by signing Jr to that contract and during the season by not getting rid of Felton and Shump for Lowry . Not to mention not entertaining the idea of trading Melo . I think Melo might honestly leave and already has a team in mind he wants to go to . Unlike his Denver days were he was dead set on going to NY ... NY didn't really have to trade for Melo that had the cap to sign him without trading away assets and picks but they got thirsty . Melo has been kind of quiet about his movements outside of saying he's opting out because he feels why force a trade and take assets away from a team he could be potentially going to. If a sign and trade does come around the Knicks will take about anything offered with no leverage.

JR's contract isn't even bad.

Stunner
03-05-2014, 03:09 PM

That's not the point , you guys didn't need to sign him when you had two Young SG's . He's inconsistent and has been a distraction to the team . Not only that y'all seemed so desperate to keep him that you even took his lil brother .

mudvayne387
03-05-2014, 03:12 PM
As a Knick fan am I supposed to be sad ?

I never wanted Melo from day 1 and I especially didn't want to trade half the team to get him.

REPEAT AFTER ME

CARMELO ANTHONY WILL NEVER WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP.

His style of play just sucks the life out of everyone else around him. His best bet is to take his talents to Chicago and hope that Rose comes back somewhat healthy. Even then, you will have serious issues with him not playing any D, and going ISO mode for quarters at a time.

Why is it so hard for us Knick fans to admit that he is an elite scorer and that's all ?

NYKnickFanatic
03-05-2014, 03:18 PM
That's not the point , you guys didn't need to sign him when you had two Young SG's . He's inconsistent and has been a distraction to the team . Not only that y'all seemed so desperate to keep him that you even took his lil brother .

Ok. He played extremely well last year. He was a HUGE part to why we were so successful last year. When Melo went down, JR was the one who stepped up and took over. He is an important piece to the team. He hurt his knee in the playoffs, had surgery in the off season and got off to a slow start this year due to that. Plus, no one knew how good THJR was going to be and so far he looks really good, but like I said, no one knew that. And I don't know if you follow Shump, but he has done **** this year and has been pretty useless.

Stunner
03-05-2014, 03:29 PM
Ok. He played extremely well last year. He was a HUGE part to why we were so successful last year. When Melo went down, JR was the one who stepped up and took over. He is an important piece to the team. He hurt his knee in the playoffs, had surgery in the off season and got off to a slow start this year due to that. Plus, no one knew how good THJR was going to be and so far he looks really good, but like I said, no one knew that. And I don't know if you follow Shump, but he has done **** this year and has been pretty useless.

Still it's JR smith , there enough history to prove that's he's inconsistent . He's shown those stretches throughout his career . And Shump has been poo which is why I stated you guys did an idiotic thing by not moving Felton and Shump for Lowry instead of backing out of the deal. Well all of this is irrelevant now because you're stuck with Jr and whatever else . It's not like you guys couldn't have moved him at deadline to a Cha for cap room or PHX. Just stood pat and got jerked around by OKC and LA with the Shump deal .

Jetsguy
03-05-2014, 03:31 PM
At this point nothing will surprise me - and I am getting closer and closer to not caring if he leaves. If I had any trust in knowing that we would do things right in 2015 if he left I would be good but we are sure to mess that up as well

Chronz
03-05-2014, 03:48 PM
because i think they see it happening for others,seeing how all their friends are teaming up and all.heat can bring in lebron and bosh,celtics got allen and kg,ect. ...so they probably think its easy
Maybe, but that would mean they completely ignore the most important variables in those situations, cap space and/or money ball assets. It doesn't matter if your friends with a player if they dont have the cap space to sign him, that is, if they are even in the same free agency to begin with. Boston had to suffer years of losing before getting the assets to pull that kind of trade, when NY cashed in all their chips, it was to get Melo in the first place.

I hope Melo isn't asking for too much, that whatever he is asking for remains realistic. Because Cap Space in another year is prolly the best thing NY has going for it outside of a lotto pick. I wonder what they do to appease him.

PraiseJesus
03-05-2014, 03:49 PM

I never wanted Melo from day 1 and I especially didn't want to trade half the team to get him.

REPEAT AFTER ME

His style of play just sucks the life out of everyone else around him. His best bet is to take his talents to Chicago and hope that Rose comes back somewhat healthy. Even then, you will have serious issues with him not playing any D, and going ISO mode for quarters at a time.

Why is it so hard for us Knick fans to admit that he is an elite scorer and that's all ?

Pretty much

shep33
03-05-2014, 03:53 PM
Can't blame him at all. He'll be exiting his prime soon with a lot of heavy minutes these past few years.

So much agony could have been avoided if they amnestied Stat over Billups

Stunner
03-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Can't blame him at all. He'll be exiting his prime soon with a lot of heavy minutes these past few years.

So much agony could have been avoided if they amnestied Stat over Billups

Or them forcing the trade for Melo when it was obvious he was coming to them in the offseason .

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-05-2014, 04:05 PM

Knicks have been rebuilding since...I dont even remember lol

NYKnickFanatic
03-05-2014, 04:10 PM
Knicks have been rebuilding since...I dont even remember lol

Don't you get tired of taking shots at the Knicks, every chance you get? I wonder what they have done to you, that you constantly throw jabs at them whenever you can. I could understand if you were a Nets fan or Heat fan, but you're a ****ing LAKERS fan.

NYCkid12
03-05-2014, 04:24 PM
I feel bad for Knicks fans because this is such a poorly run franchise. I feel like they never have a 1st round pick, they constantly are making head scratcher moves, and this new "plan" for 2015 free agents sounds a lot like the plan they had in 2010. I really do believe that only shot this team has at being a championship caliber team in the next 3 years is if Melo stays, otherwise I think a long rebuild is in the future

Chronz
03-05-2014, 04:31 PM
Kobe demanded a trade and then they went and got Pau Gasol and we saw what happened...
Yeah, after the 3 years they told Kobe it wouldn't take passed, and once they acquired more assets to make it happen, not to mention the good fortune of Memphis relinquishing Gasol. How do you imagine that conversation going, yeah dont worry Melo, THIS is the year we find someone willing to give us a HOF'er to pair with you. Not saying it cant happen, but is it wise to bank on another Pau Giftaway?

They have had some bad luck with timing and patience thats for sure. They lacked patience in getting Melo but to be fair, Melo wasn't patient either.
After that, the bad luck started with the timing of the lockout, they opted in on Billups and then amnestied him shortly thereafter not anticipating free agency playing out how it did. I dont know how much of that falls on ownership but lets say they had the foresight to terminate Billups for FA . They can then use the amnesty on Amare, now they have Melo-Tyson and boatloads of cap to surround them with quality pieces.

abe_froman
03-05-2014, 04:32 PM
Maybe, but that would mean they completely ignore the most important variables in those situations, cap space and/or money ball assets. It doesn't matter if your friends with a player if they dont have the cap space to sign him, that is, if they are even in the same free agency to begin with. Boston had to suffer years of losing before getting the assets to pull that kind of trade, when NY cashed in all their chips, it was to get Melo in the first place.

I hope Melo isn't asking for too much, that whatever he is asking for remains realistic. Because Cap Space in another year is prolly the best thing NY has going for it outside of a lotto pick. I wonder what they do to appease him.
i dont think they care about it,you have to remember these guys have been treated like celebrates/spoiled brats,they are use to getting what they want,when they want.so dont think they care to understand about what it takes to appease them.

as for the second part.i have been leaning towards the thought that he's already gone,it doesnt matter what the knicks pitch is.but they pitch him on the vanity stuff of being star in the ny market,ect., and that they can afford to bring people in in 2015

NYKnickFanatic
03-05-2014, 04:34 PM
Yeah, after the 3 years they told Kobe it wouldn't take passed, and once they acquired more assets to make it happen, not to mention the good fortune of Memphis relinquishing Gasol. How do you imagine that conversation going, yeah dont worry Melo, THIS is the year we find someone willing to give us a HOF'er to pair with you. Not saying it cant happen, but is it wise to bank on another Pau Giftaway?

I'm not saying it would happen with Melo, at all. I was simply referring to Kobe. It took time, but it got him two more rings.

Chronz
03-05-2014, 04:43 PM
I'm not saying it would happen with Melo, at all. I was simply referring to Kobe. It took time, but it got him two more rings.

Melo dont got no time to wait it seems.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-05-2014, 04:45 PM
Don't you get tired of taking shots at the Knicks, every chance you get? I wonder what they have done to you, that you constantly throw jabs at them whenever you can. I could understand if you were a Nets fan or Heat fan, but you're a ****ing LAKERS fan.

it is what it is. If you say otherwise you are in denial

NYKnickFanatic
03-05-2014, 04:46 PM
it is what it is. If you say otherwise you are in denial

Denial about what? STFU already dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

NYKnickFanatic
03-05-2014, 04:47 PM
Melo dont got no time to wait it seems.

With the Knicks management, I wouldn't sit around waiting either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk.

nickdymez
03-05-2014, 04:49 PM

You bring Kobe up lot man

Chronz
03-05-2014, 05:04 PM
You bring Kobe up lot man
Melo reminds me alot of Kobe here and they have a close friendship, Im wondering if thats simply coincidental.

That said, you bring up the fact that others bring up Kobe alot

nickdymez
03-05-2014, 05:13 PM
Melo reminds me alot of Kobe here and they have a close friendship, Im wondering if thats simply coincidental.

That said, you bring up the fact that others bring up Kobe alot

Naw, just you. It came to mind because this is the second topic today that I saw you mention Kobe when he had nothing to do with the conversation.

Chronz
03-05-2014, 05:16 PM
Naw, just you. It came to mind because this is the second topic today that I saw you mention Kobe when he had nothing to do with the conversation.

Pretty sure I've seen you whine the line "Kobe's name is always brought up" before. Agree to disagree.

And I already explained why I brought him up, it actually reminds me alot about whats going on with the "Melo Camp".

Remember when Kobe admitted to being wrong about what the team should have done, do you think Melo should follow suit or has NY been too negligent?

nyKnicks126
03-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Rumors and rumors...

Heediot
03-05-2014, 07:56 PM
It's funny how Melo is willing to sacrifice money now, if he did that a few years ago and signed straight up with NY things may have turned out rosier. They would of had assets to make trades to improve that squad. Could of amnestied Amare since Billups was part of the Denver trade. Then they sign Chandler and trade Gallo, Chandler and co, for other pieces. What could of been if he had this mindset earlier. To his defense there was a lot of uncertainty going into cba negotiations.

Stunner
03-05-2014, 08:29 PM
It's funny how Melo is willing to sacrifice money now, if he did that a few years ago and signed straight up with NY things may have turned out rosier. They would of had assets to make trades to improve that squad. Could of amnestied Amare since Billups was part of the Denver trade. Then they sign Chandler and trade Gallo, Chandler and co, for other pieces. What could of been if he had this mindset earlier. To his defense there was a lot of uncertainty going into cba negotiations.

That's the Knicks and and Melo fault , Melo just wanted the extra 30 mil but even if he didn't get traded their he still would have went to NY . Nobody forced NY to make that trade but the owner ,

NBA_Starter
03-05-2014, 08:55 PM
After this year I can't blame him.

shep33
03-06-2014, 01:42 AM
Or them forcing the trade for Melo when it was obvious he was coming to them in the offseason .

Yup. If they had kept, Galo, Mozzy, Felton (at least he had some value to be traded for Miller), Chandler, plus that pick for this year, they would at least have assets to build a contender.

Kashmir13579
03-06-2014, 01:51 AM

I love how thats the bit of the post that upset you.. lmfao..

That guy might be on to something btw..

Kashmir13579
03-06-2014, 01:55 AM

REPEAT AFTER ME

He needs an elite defense or to be paired with an elite playmaker.. If he had either of those, i could see him winning a championship.. Problem is we're not in a position to give him either of those things.. If he leaves for nothing, how dumb will we look for not trading him at the deadline? We had an out..

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 02:05 AM
He needs an elite defense or to be paired with an elite playmaker.. If he had either of those, i could see him winning a championship.. Problem is we're not in a position to give him either of those things.. If he leaves for nothing, how dumb will we look for not trading him at the deadline? We had an out..

He's dumb if he doesn't run to the Bulls. I know Thibs won't put up w/ his ******** or lack of anything. But yeh.

shep33
03-06-2014, 02:08 AM
Chicago does make a lot of sense. Obviously the Rose situation is a risk, but heck, even without Rose or Deng they're the 3rd-4th best team out east.

Plus the Bulls have assets they can trade along with draft picks.

The also have arguably the best coach in basketball

John Walls Era
03-06-2014, 02:09 AM
Unless Dolan just sits quietly at home to count his cast, I doubt Melo will resign. Dolan has made some awful moves. He shouldn't have fired their GM out of nowhere. He should have no input on the team roster.

KniCks4LiFe
03-06-2014, 02:13 AM
Unless Dolan just sits quietly at home to count his cast, I doubt Melo will resign. Dolan has made some awful moves. He shouldn't have fired their GM out of nowhere. He should have no input on the team roster.

he needed to stay out of grown people's business when Walsh had Melo in his sight his way. Unfortunately the dumbass in Dolan ruined that for us and took away our PG depth 2 years later.

Stunner
03-06-2014, 12:37 PM
Melo front

https://twitter.com/mysportslegion/status/441600591660597248

https://twitter.com/mysportslegion/status/441600757679542272

Tapatalk Rulez !!!