PDA

View Full Version : More Likely? Lebron surpassing MJ as a player or Durant surpassing MJ as a scorer

IKnowHoops
03-05-2014, 12:45 PM
Which is more likely. That Lebron surpasses MJ as a basketball player, or Durant surpassing MJ as a scorer?

beyourself
03-05-2014, 01:09 PM
I doubt LeBron ever surpasses Jordan as a player because he's just a better player.

Jordan is the greatest player and scorer ever. Which is more likely to be taken from him? Probably the title of best scorer ever.

Because Durant is a better shooter than Jordan. He's taller and longer. Jordan couldn't get to line and knock them down like Durant. He wasn't as consistent of 3 pt shooter.

IKnowHoops
03-05-2014, 01:24 PM
I doubt LeBron ever surpasses Jordan as a player because he's just a better player.

Jordan is the greatest player and scorer ever. Which is more likely to be taken from him? Probably the title of best scorer ever.

Because Durant is a better shooter than Jordan. He's taller and longer. Jordan couldn't get to line and knock them down like Durant. He wasn't as consistent of 3 pt shooter.

I would say that there are more things Lebron can do that Jordan can't as a player than there are things Durant can do that Jordan can't do as a scorer.

mngopher35
03-05-2014, 01:30 PM
Durant as a scorer sounds most likely as he is a better shooter. I find it hard to imagine anyone passing Jordan's legacy, but that could change with more titles (not only for Lebron, but possibly Durant as well). Jordan will likely still be GOAT when these two retire though.

ManRam
03-05-2014, 01:34 PM
LeBron gets closer as a player, but probably can't pass Jordan. KD has a real shot as a scorer, and it's a bit too early to really starting talking about him as an overall player.

If KD's scoring stays like this for the duration of his peak, he can take the throne as the best scorer ever IMO. And I don't even like the guy.

Phenom1
03-05-2014, 01:44 PM
You guys really think Durant can be the best scorer? IMO Tmac is still better than Durant as a scorer as of right now but he will be better when its all said and done.

Stinkyoutsider
03-05-2014, 01:45 PM
Durant as a scorer. The guy can get his shot from anywhere he wants at any time and if you try to outsmart him and foul him, he'll go to the line and shoot 90% from the line.

I think Lebron and MJ are very different as players so it's hard to compare their skillsets. I think the better comparison would be Lebron and Magic.

3RDASYSTEM
03-05-2014, 02:07 PM

exactly, nicely said

its what I have been telling the genius dummies on here that if you can just naturally shoot better than someone you can see it, I don't give a **** about PER or efficient because its clear as day that KD can outshoot JORDAN damn near with his eyes closed from 3pt and pretty much anywhere outside of a layup dunk, anywhere with range he is purely better

same thing I was saying about IVERSON the other day on here, he can shoot better than JORDAN naturally he was just shorter so that was his only weakness, for KD that's no prob at all and he accomplished more as a team player than JORDAN during first 6yrs, reaching a finals trip

JORDAN is one of the best ever, but the mediahype made it 10x worse for others who are just as good on individual level, it wasn't like JORDAN was miles ahead of DREXLER/NIQUE/BARKLEY/DREAM during era, he had the mediahype 10x over for sure though pushing it into space jam stratoshphere brainwashing wise

treglip
03-05-2014, 02:18 PM
i WOULD SAY DURANT AS A SCORER, BECAUSE HE PUTTING UP BIG NUMBERS NOW AND IF THEY TRADE WESTBROOK FOR MORE OF A PLAYMAKER INSTEAD OF A SCORER AT PG TO REPLACE WESTBROOK THAT IMPROVES DURANT'S CHANCES IMO

IKnowHoops
03-05-2014, 02:22 PM
exactly, nicely said

its what I have been telling the genius dummies on here that if you can just naturally shoot better than someone you can see it, I don't give a **** about PER or efficient because its clear as day that KD can outshoot JORDAN damn near with his eyes closed from 3pt and pretty much anywhere outside of a layup dunk, anywhere with range he is purely better

same thing I was saying about IVERSON the other day on here, he can shoot better than JORDAN naturally he was just shorter so that was his only weakness, for KD that's no prob at all and he accomplished more as a team player than JORDAN during first 6yrs, reaching a finals trip

JORDAN is one of the best ever, but the mediahype made it 10x worse for others who are just as good on individual level, it wasn't like JORDAN was miles ahead of DREXLER/NIQUE/BARKLEY/DREAM during era, he had the mediahype 10x over for sure though pushing it into space jam stratoshphere brainwashing wise

The 10 consecutive scoring titles didn't hurt. Serious question, how old are you. To say Jordan was miles ahead of these guys may not be accurate, but to say he was easily better than these guys may be an understatement. To say its clear as day that Durant can out shoot Jordan makes me think you didn't watch enough mike. Jordan's midrange jumper was unstoppable and he could get it anytime he wanted. He could get to the hole anytime he wanted. He could drop 50 any time he wanted. Jordan was impossible to stop. He was quicker and faster and twice the athlete that KD is.

beyourself
03-05-2014, 02:24 PM
Durant will have 4 scoring titles by age 25.

On 48 fg% 37 3PT% 88 FT%

Unreal.

RateSports
03-05-2014, 02:25 PM
LeBron as a player. This is really, really close though. I wouldn't doubt both happening.

Durant reminds me of a larger Reggie Miller. He needs to win a few rings, which I think he can to solidify himself as the best scorer. As unrelated as they sound, they matter. That's just the way people view the "best" at something.

LeBron will win at least another title in Miami. I think the Heat will win it this year against San Antonio in 6. If he 3peats, the Heat will have to make some moves to get younger and build a strong future foundation for him so that he stays long term. If he ever leaves and wins a title somewhere else, like a Cleveland or somewhere without a legitimate superstar, then I think he is the GOAT. I don't think James will return to Cleveland this year, but I wouldn't doubt it later down the road.

Basically this is how it happens :

Durant wins some titles and a few more scoring titles. Best scorer.
LeBron wins another ring in Miami and a fourth/fifth on another team. Arguably GOAT.
LeBron fourpeats and wins 5 MVPs in a row. GOAT.

IKnowHoops
03-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Durant will have 4 scoring titles by age 25.

On 48 fg% 37 3PT% 88 FT%

Unreal.

Jordan won 10 straight.
Unrealer

ghettosean
03-05-2014, 02:28 PM
Geez Lebron scores 61 in a blowout game (which I'm surprised no one is wondering why he never sat down after he was blowing the crappy bobcats away)... Durant plays Philly yesterday gets 42 points and after the 3rd quarter he sits down because he destroyed them... He could have stayed in to get 60 points or more but why? For personal vanity... Also Jordans 63 point game had more relanvenace because it wasn't a blow out, he was needed and it was the playoffs annnnnnnnnnnnnnd it was against a team that ended up winning it all that year in Boston... Not one of the worst teams in the league. To many things getting overblown by that performance.

Jeffy25
03-05-2014, 02:31 PM
Well....what does Lebron passing Jordan as a player look like?

i.e. how do we define when he has surpassed him?

IKnowHoops
03-05-2014, 02:32 PM
exactly, nicely said

And Bird surpasses KD in all those, so is he a better scorer than Durant?

Jetsguy
03-05-2014, 02:37 PM
I will tell you better when Lebron stops getting better. People dismiss it to quickly that he could never touch MJ and I am not so sure. If he wins more rings and has 5 more seasons as good as his last 3 I would have to think he would be pretty damn close

treglip
03-05-2014, 02:37 PM
Well....what does Lebron passing Jordan as a player look like?

i.e. how do we define when he has surpassed him?

IMO if he can win a couple DPOY then I would consider him surpassing MJ, and of course more titles

ghettosean
03-05-2014, 02:39 PM
To answer the OP's question though there is no way at all Lebron can possibly eclipse MJ... Durant I doubt it but he's more probable at this point to do it then Lebron as he lost to Dallas with his superteam that included the himself #1 player in the league Wade #2 player in the league and Bosh best PF in the league. Aside from that his flop antics (or Lebroning) will forever haunt him as well as for someone with his skill set to act his way to the line the way he does during regular season or playoffs is another reason to hold him back and the fact that he can't hit the big shots when it comes down to clutch time when it REALLY COUNTS like his clunker in game 6 last year with seconds to go (lucky Ray Ray saved his *** or this thread would not exist) is another reason to hold him in complete separate directions from Jordans Legacy....

I could go on and on but the answer to the OP's question is no.... As for Durant still yet to be seen he is young but I doubt it.

Jeffy25
03-05-2014, 02:48 PM
exactly, nicely said

You keep talking about having the better ability to shoot.

But who cares who has the best ability if you don't translate that to on the court?

I mean, Travis Ford was one of the best pure shooters to ever play basketball. But who cares, because his overall game kept him from ever reaching the NBA.

Just because you are a naturally great shooter, doesn't mean anything unless you can actually be a good shooter on the court, during the games. That's when it matters, that's what is measurable, that's what everyone cares about.

The best shooter in the world could be 5'4 and will never play in the NBA.....should he get ordained the best shooter ever though? I mean, it's not his fault he is 14 inches shorter than Jordan and will never be able to actually get productive shots off in the NBA.

So quit with this non-sense. What we care about is who actually shot better. Not who 'could have'. The world of hypotheticals is meaningless, and you clinging to 'I've seen footage of Iverson being a better shooter' is just sad. It doesn't matter, if each player took 20,000 shots, and one player made 10% more, than that's your better shooter. They each had the opportunity. Part of what makes Durant such a good shooter is his height and ability to get open. That's part of what makes someone a great shooter.

Jeffy25
03-05-2014, 02:53 PM
I will tell you better when Lebron stops getting better. People dismiss it to quickly that he could never touch MJ and I am not so sure. If he wins more rings and has 5 more seasons as good as his last 3 I would have to think he would be pretty damn close

MJ missing 4.5 years does hurt him, but I would think Lebron could pass Jordan as an overall ranked player with another 3 seasons like his last 3 seasons. If MJ doesn't skip those 4.5 years, than this is a different story, and it would take a long, healthy career for Lebron to catch MJ. But I think MJ is completely reachable for Lebron.

ManRam
03-05-2014, 02:54 PM
You guys really think Durant can be the best scorer? IMO Tmac is still better than Durant as a scorer as of right now but he will be better when its all said and done.

Explain. T-Mac is my favorite player, perhaps ever. But KD clearly has been a better scorer the last two years. I see some wiggle room because in T-Mac's peak he was playing with scrubs and KD is not, but still.

KD's volume is right there with T-Mac, but his efficiency is just absurd. Simply put, we've really never seen this volume/efficiency from anyone (at least in a "modern era") before. Period. That pretty much is the most fundamental way to look at scoring IMO.

I think Lebron and MJ are very different as players so it's hard to compare their skillsets. I think the better comparison would be Lebron and Magic.

I don't disagree, but we still rank these guys regardless of position. LeBron is more Magic than MJ in the sense that he's more of a facilitator and less gungho scoring wise, but that doesn't mean we can't compare the two.

And LeBron's peak has been better than Magic's. I think he's sustained it plenty, and so long as he doesn't fall off a cliff he'll win out over Magic over time. Unless, of course, Bron gets shut out championships-wise the rest of his career.

beyourself
03-05-2014, 02:59 PM
Exactly scoring has two components. Volume and Efficiency. The more of both the better you are scoring.

Also there is this notion of "pure scorer" too which can be tricky. Like Carmelo Anthony can be called the 2nd best "pure scorer" in the league, but really is he the 2nd most effective scorer in the league? Stuff like this is tricky.

JeremiahWing
03-05-2014, 03:22 PM
The better question is a comparison between Magic and LeBron, not MJ and LeBron. Their aims on the court were entirely different, thus they cannot be truly compared using stats-alone. It's not like baseball, where the aim is the same for each player who comes to the plate: get on base. How do we define "making players around you better?" It's impossible to do with any accuracy, because there are simply too many variables at play.

MJ and LeBron are apples and oranges.

FOBolous
03-05-2014, 03:24 PM
i don't think it's accurate to compare either of them to Michael Jordan, because both of them have competely different playing style from Michael Jordan. it's more accruate to compare Lebron to Magic and Durant to Bird. They're essentially today's Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. and for any player to say they're "as good as" Jordan or "better," they have to match him not in terms of scoring as well as him or defending as well as him but in terms of impact on the game.

ManRam
03-05-2014, 03:25 PM
I believe Adrian Dantley is the only player ever to score 30+ points a game on 64% TS% or better. MJ, Karl, AD, Kareem and Durant already are the only guys who qualify if you bump the TS% down to 60.

His last 5 years he's averaged 61.7% TS% 29.1 points. Only 4 other players have EVER done that in a single season (61%+, 29ppg+). He's averaged it for FIVE entire seasons.

The volume to efficiency is just absurd.

abe_froman
03-05-2014, 03:25 PM
The better question is a comparison between Magic and LeBron, not MJ and LeBron. Their aims on the court were entirely different, thus they cannot be truly compared using stats-alone. It's not like baseball, where the aim is the same for each player who comes to the plate: get on base. How do we define "making players around you better?" It's impossible to do with any accuracy, because there are simply too many variables at play.

MJ and LeBron are apples and oranges.
while i agree
the mj thing is more about just another way of saying greatest of all time

JeremiahWing
03-05-2014, 03:35 PM
while i agree
the mj thing is more about just another way of saying greatest of all time

People in this thread are trying to live in a world where statistics in basketball are infallible the way they are in baseball. The nature of the sport just doesn't allow this to be. You cannot isolate all of the necessary variable the way you can in baseball, which is a one-on-one sport. Individual statistics in basketball are hardly individual, but the product of a team's strategy, surrounding talent, the many strengths and weaknesses of each opponent...

JeremiahWing
03-05-2014, 03:40 PM
However, if you're just having fun speculating on a sports forum, by all means, have fun. I'd like to join the convo. But just don't think you're doing good science... You're not.

ztilzer31
03-05-2014, 03:48 PM
Honestly I don't think anyone will ever let LBJ be the GOAT because they're too infatuated with the legend of Jordan rather than what actually happened.

MJ is a tall tale now. People have made their own story for him at this point, and don't even remember him playing. Most people couldn't tell you 5 people that played with Jordan yet during the 90's the Bulls had the most loaded roster in the NBA BY FAR.

flea
03-05-2014, 03:51 PM
I'd rather wait than even guess. I probably would have said Kobe had a better shot 10 years ago than KD now as a scorer to surpass MJ. I don't see Lebron surpassing MJ as a player. Lebron is a fine defender, but he isn't on Michael's level - especially in the half-court. I'd rather see Lebron secure 2 more before I start considering truly a threat in that respect (playoffs). Doesn't change how unique and fun to watch Lebron is too, though.

flea
03-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Honestly I don't think anyone will ever let LBJ be the GOAT because they're too infatuated with the legend of Jordan rather than what actually happened.

MJ is a tall tale now. People have made their own story for him at this point, and don't even remember him playing. Most people couldn't tell you 5 people that played with Jordan yet during the 90's the Bulls had the most loaded roster in the NBA BY FAR.

Lol yeah bro, Michael is a tall tale. It wasn't that long ago, unless you're 15.

JeremiahWing
03-05-2014, 03:54 PM
Lol yeah bro, Michael is a tall tale. It wasn't that long ago, unless you're 15.

I was a Knicks fan in the 80s and 90s... trust me, I remember Jordan.

Jetsguy
03-05-2014, 04:30 PM
I am in my mid-30's and remember Jordan fine - I still think its shortsided to think Lebron could not reach GOAT status. chances are probably not - we are, afterall, talking about greatest ever - hard to take that lightly. Lebron is still getting better year over year. He may get better for several more year and then be able to sustain that level for several years.

If he is not injured and does not leave to play another sport he is certainly on a tract to make it a conversation at the least IMO

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 04:36 PM

I was 10 when Jordan entered the league, and 28 when he left the Bulls finally. I remember a LOT of Jordan. He dominated in every fashion. And his stats back up what everyone saw. He was the most unstoppable force the game has ever seen.

I can name you 15-20 players MJ played with off the top of my head, maybe more.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 04:39 PM
everyone knows I am a huge LeBron supporter, but his lame duck in the 2011 Finals really hurts any chance he has at catching Jordan. He would need to dominate a few more playoff runs with titles/Finals MVP, and probably keep piling up accolades that he may not even deserve. And he will need another MVP for sure in my book.

Durant as a scorer is more plausible, he is slightly ahead of where Jordan was scoring wise at the same age.

sammyvine
03-05-2014, 04:55 PM
I think a lot of people didnt watch Jordan play

Snapshot
03-05-2014, 04:55 PM
Neither..LB already lost twice in the Finals and had to play with 2 HOF's to win his rings, and KD isnt winning 10 scoring titles in a row, nor ever avg'n 37ppg in a season on ridiculous efficiency.

Closest person to passing MJ in those categories wouldve been Kobe and he failed.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 05:07 PM
Neither..LB already lost twice in the Finals and had to play with 2 HOF's to win his rings, and KD isnt winning 10 scoring titles in a row, nor ever avg'n 37ppg in a season on ridiculous efficiency.

Closest person to passing MJ in those categories wouldve been Kobe and he failed.

Kobe played with HOF'ers too. Why doesn't he get your criticism? So did Magic, Bird, MJ, and Duncan. So?

Shlumpledink
03-05-2014, 05:55 PM
I don't think Lebron ever surpasses jordan in terms of legacy. Maybe in terms of being a better athlete or player, but not in terms of accomplishments and legacy. That ship already sailed for lebron, opting out this year and going to a team and leading it to championships helps his legacy out a lot though.

As far as being a better player, I think Lebron is pretty close. Lebron already is more athletic than Jordan, and with further development to his post game and consistently hitting his midrange jumper like he has been, he can surpass him. I think Lebron is already a better defender, and can defend more positions than Jordan.

Durant will be a better scorer than Jordan, if he isn't already.

RateSports
03-05-2014, 05:59 PM

MJ never took a high school team to the NBA Finals either man. That is such an awful argument.

Snapshot
03-05-2014, 06:16 PM
Kobe played with HOF'ers too. Why doesn't he get your criticism? So did Magic, Bird, MJ, and Duncan. So?

Yea but he ran into the arms of HOF'ers the others didnt have a choice where they were drafted to or who was drafted/traded to them. (Magic forced his way to LA and wouldve went back to school if they didnt pick him and Kobe robbed MEM for Pau, blah, blah, blah, save it)

And those guys made HOF'ers...TP and Manu go to the HOF without TD leading em to those chips? Oh. (D Rob was washed dont mention him)

Gasol go to the HOF without Kobe leading him to a chip? Oh...and if Manu and Pau do go without the aforementioned players it would be due to international play maybe, not NBA play...Pau wouldve wasted away in MEM goin home in the 1st rd for his whole career and Manu would be puttin up 22ppg on poor/mediocre shooting on sub .500/fringe PO teams with him as the go to guy.

Pippen go without MJ? No. W/O MJ to mold him and instill some heart into his frail chest he wouldve been garbo...and at best a fringe HOF'er.

Only one is Magic as KAJ was a beast and wouldve won, well did win chips w/o him, so....yea.

And again, LBJ lost Finals already and had ****** showings, so nah, no MJ level for him.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 06:19 PM
Yea but he ran into the arms if HOF'ers the others didnt have a choice where they were drafted to or who was drafted/traded to them.

I have never seen a difference in those scenarios. So you would credit LeBron more if he stayed in Cleveland, and never won anything because his front office was hot garbage?

And you do know that Kobe and Magic both forced their way to the Lakers, right? Duncan went to a contender with an active HOF'er because they had one injury riddled year.

Snapshot
03-05-2014, 06:24 PM
I have never seen a difference in those scenarios. So you would credit LeBron more if he stayed in Cleveland, and never won anything because his front office was hot garbage?

And you do know that Kobe and Magic both forced their way to the Lakers, right? Duncan went to a contender with an active HOF'er because they had one injury riddled year.

Sad thing is he wouldve won with CLE eventually and wouldve had a better legacy...and like I said, half those guys arent HOFers without playing with Kobe and Duncan aside from D Rob.

And do u even think LB is better/wil be better than MJ lol..so why argue with me when u agree?

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 06:36 PM
Sad thing is he wouldve won with CLE eventually and wouldve had a better legacy...and like I said, half those guys arent HOFers without playing with Kobe and Duncan aside from D Rob.

In Cleveland, I doubt he ever wins a chip. Look at what that team has done with two #1 picks, and a top 4 pick. They are terrible. The front office has no idea what its doing.

And do u even think LB is better/wil be better than MJ lol..so why argue with me when u agree?

Because I don't agree with your reasoning is why. I see no difference going and finding your chip help, versus lucking out and being drafted into it. In fact, the latter is far luckier.

Snapshot
03-05-2014, 06:52 PM
In Cleveland, I doubt he ever wins a chip. Look at what that team has done with two #1 picks, and a top 4 pick. They are terrible. The front office has no idea what its doing.

Because I don't agree with your reasoning is why. I see no difference going and finding your chip help, versus lucking out and being drafted into it. In fact, the latter is far luckier.

Well I guess we'll agree to disagree...main thing is its ammo, he gave his detractors and haters ammunition to discredit him no matter if its validated or not...shouldve went to NYC or Chicago to play with 1 superstar (Amare or Rose) instead of 2 in Miami...wouldve got less hate.

U know whats funny tho? The 1st year with Miami he played with Wade who was arguably the 3rd best player in the league behind him and Kobe, and that year he played like it, thru the reg season and the PO's, but they lost. Had they won haters def wouldve had a valid argument.

Now the next 2 following years, specifically last year, Wade def wasnt even a top 10 player, and Bosh wasnt even really Bosh, and he won lol...basically u take their stats and put diff names on the back of their jerseys and u could say that he won two years with just 2 super role players (essentially thats what they were, especially in the PO's), instead of saying he won with 'WADE' and 'BOSH' (that superstar name recognition that they have, even tho they arent superstars anymore)...funny how things work.

dalton749
03-05-2014, 07:00 PM
mj's 37ppg year is 34ppg at todays league pace
so kd might be able to catch him even if the numbers dont necessarily show it

ztilzer31
03-05-2014, 07:50 PM

See this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about. My point proven.

I'm sure you do remember MJ, and I'm sure you do remember how good he was, and how good his teammates were. However in most peoples minds (including this guys) he did it all by himself 5v1 for 6 seasons winning 6 championships.

The tale of Michael Jordan grows taller every year.

ztilzer31
03-05-2014, 07:52 PM
People who say LBJ could never pass Jordan in their book also just prove my point further.

So you're telling me if LBJ won 5 more rings, and 3 more MVP and 5 finals MVP's you wouldn't consider him for GOAT?

Like I said people have written LBJ off forever. He has no chance because people won't let him.

IKnowHoops
03-05-2014, 08:21 PM
People who say LBJ could never pass Jordan in their book also just prove my point further.

So you're telling me if LBJ won 5 more rings, and 3 more MVP and 5 finals MVP's you wouldn't consider him for GOAT?

Like I said people have written LBJ off forever. He has no chance because people won't let him.

I'm starting to go like this. The more blind hate you get, the better you are. Its a direct reflection of the fear the haters have for you. And one of the biggest culprits is Jordan himself, who goes out of his way to jab Bron, because it is the first guy he is threatened by and for good reason. If they don't pay attention to you, if they don't hate you, then your just not that good.

ztilzer31
03-05-2014, 08:47 PM
I'm starting to go like this. The more blind hate you get, the better you are. Its a direct reflection of the fear the haters have for you. And one of the biggest culprits is Jordan himself, who goes out of his way to jab Bron, because it is the first guy he is threatened by and for good reason. If they don't pay attention to you, if they don't hate you, then your just not that good.

Exactly what I was thinking when he said that stuff about Kobe and Lebron.

Give props to Kobe because you know no one in their right mind would ever say Kobe was better than you.

Diminish LBJ because you feel threatened.

I mean even Pippen said he thinks LBJ could pass up Michael as an overall player, but that's not good enough for people. He still has more to prove sure, but where are we putting this line, and if the answer is he "can't pass MJ" than that person is coming from a biased place, and your opinion doesn't really matter.

NBA_Starter
03-05-2014, 09:01 PM
Maybe Durant if either happen.

Baller1
03-06-2014, 02:49 AM
Barring injury, Durant will surpass Jordan as the greatest scorer of all time.

I'd say KD has a 70% chance, Lebron has a 30-40% chance.

Deadpool
03-06-2014, 04:23 AM
Durant surpassing MJ as a scorer is more conceivable than LeBron surpassing MJ as a better basketball player at the current moment.

beyourself
03-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Durant probably has the next 4-5 scoring titles locked up.