PDA

View Full Version : KD Drops 42 Points in Three Quarters

Tony_Starks
03-05-2014, 11:16 AM
14 for 20. 10th 40 plus game this season. AND HE SAT THE FOURTH QUARTER. Westbrook had a triple double btw, also sat the 4th.

As they should.

JordansBulls
03-05-2014, 12:02 PM
Just on another level right now.

MonroeFAN
03-05-2014, 12:13 PM
Westbrook's triple double was in less than 21 Minutes played.

:speechless:

Slug3
03-05-2014, 12:25 PM
According to Dominique it doesn't count because it's the 76ers.

Tysons_Beard
03-05-2014, 12:26 PM
westbrooks triple double is the most impressive thing ive ever seen

Baller1
03-05-2014, 12:28 PM
A triple double in 20 minutes is unreal. I have a feeling that's never happened.

Mr. Baller
03-05-2014, 12:29 PM
A triple double in 20 minutes is unreal. I have a feeling that's never happened.

2nd fastest of all time

Baller1
03-05-2014, 12:32 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pgl_finder.cgi?request=1&player_id=&match=game&year_min=&year_max=&age_min=0&age_max=99&team_id=&opp_id=&is_playoffs=&round_is_eds=Y&round_is_edf=Y&round_is_ec1=Y&round_is_ecs=Y&round_is_ecf=Y&round_is_wds=Y&round_is_wdf=Y&round_is_wc1=Y&round_is_wcs=Y&round_is_wcf=Y&round_is_fin=Y&game_num_type=&game_num_min=&game_num_max=&game_month=&game_location=&game_result=&is_starter=&is_active=&is_hof=&pos_is_g=Y&pos_is_gf=Y&pos_is_f=Y&pos_is_fg=Y&pos_is_fc=Y&pos_is_c=Y&pos_is_cf=Y&c1stat=mp&c1comp=lt&c1val=20&c2stat=&c2comp=gt&c2val=&c3stat=&c3comp=gt&c3val=&c4stat=&c4comp=gt&c4val=&is_trp_dbl=Y&order_by=pts

Baller1
03-05-2014, 12:33 PM
2nd fastest of all time

Really? I didn't find the fastest. Who was it?

ManningToTyree
03-05-2014, 12:37 PM
Westbrook is the story of this game. Impressive performance by KD but a trip dub playing less than half the game is just ludicrous

Swashcuff
03-05-2014, 12:38 PM
Really? I didn't find the fastest. Who was it?

Jim Tucker in 1955 predates BBref's archives.

bonesaw4343
03-05-2014, 12:39 PM
The craziest part of Westbrook's night was probably the 8 assists he had in the first 6 minutes of the game.

beyourself
03-05-2014, 12:48 PM
The smart thing to do.

When LeBron played garbage minutues to get to 61 points everybody was loving it. But when he came out and played no defense, rebounding or really much of anything in a loss against the Rockets everybody wants to say he had an excuse because he was tired.

Well then don't play in blowouts dumbass. In your 11th year in the league what do you expect to happen. He's not 25 anymore.

Baller1
03-05-2014, 01:02 PM
Jim Tucker in 1955 predates BBref's archives.

Gotcha. How quick was it?

Sly Guy
03-05-2014, 01:04 PM

again, he beat up on a bad team. Koodos to him.

nickdymez
03-05-2014, 01:10 PM
The smart thing to do.

When LeBron played garbage minutues to get to 61 points everybody was loving it. But when he came out and played no defense, rebounding or really much of anything in a loss against the Rockets everybody wants to say he had an excuse because he was tired.

Well then don't play in blowouts dumbass. In your 11th year in the league what do you expect to happen. He's not 25 anymore.

lmfao

Swashcuff
03-05-2014, 01:15 PM
Gotcha. How quick was it?

17 minutes

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489774
Check the research notes

Baller1
03-05-2014, 01:29 PM
17 minutes

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=400489774
Check the research notes

That's just insane.

chi-townlove1
03-05-2014, 01:33 PM
We all wondered how durant would respond to lebrons big game. Well here's the answer.. But a true coach knew what was best for his player and said your done for tonight.

ManRam
03-05-2014, 01:34 PM
:worthy:

LakeShowRaider
03-05-2014, 01:50 PM
What Durant's doing is great but I think it's only amazing people because we haven't seen scoring like this in while. I think in the early 2000's there were a handful of players in the league that were scoring like this. One of them being Kobe who of course scored 61 in 3 quarters with no garbage time.

beyourself
03-05-2014, 02:04 PM
What Durant's doing is great but I think it's only amazing people because we haven't seen scoring like this in while. I think in the early 2000's there were a handful of players in the league that were scoring like this. One of them being Kobe who of course scored 61 in 3 quarters with no garbage time.

The game has changed. The only way to rack up points consistently is to be more efficienct because coaches no longer tolerate low FG%.

Baller1
03-05-2014, 02:43 PM

Not consistently as efficient as we're seeing these two score though.

As a quick example... KD's on his way to being the first player since Jordan to average over 31 points on over 50% shooting.

ghettosean
03-05-2014, 03:19 PM

Well he sat in the 4th quarter he could have inflated his stats like Lebron and stayed in the game after the opposing team was completely destroyed but he's not into stat padding it seems.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 03:22 PM
I have no opinion of this until I read what Nique has to say..

sixers247
03-05-2014, 03:26 PM
I for one am just happy to be able to see Druant and Lebron throughout there careers. Stupid haters and **** suckers who put either of them down are just stupid. sit back and enjoy *******s.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 03:29 PM
I for one am just happy to be able to see Druant and Lebron throughout there careers. Stupid haters and **** suckers who put either of them down are just stupid. sit back and enjoy *******s.

I am happy to see all great players, even if I don't like them. But yeah, we are watching Magic/Bird stuff right now.

beyourself
03-05-2014, 03:30 PM
And he wasn't even playing his natural position. Ever since Sefolosha went down Durant's had to play the 2 guard because Perry Jones has to inserted into the starting lineup and plays the Small Forward.

Bruno
03-05-2014, 03:37 PM
dominance. they were up 22 points going into the 4th so they didn't need to play.

when LBJ went off for 61 the Heat entered the 4th quarter up by 16 points. only reason why the Bobcat coach put all his guys back in the game in the 4th was because Spo was playing James. the game was over after three. thats why its nice to go for these obscene scoring records when you're younger. its hard to justify the playing time in blowouts when you're pushing 30 and trying to take your team to its 4th straight finals appearance (something that hasn't been done since the 80's for a reason- its exhausting). well see if they get away with it, well see if this heat team has their legs come june; it's year four.

tredigs
03-05-2014, 03:42 PM
If Westbrook played 36 he'd have put up something like 20/20/15 with 10 TO's hahah. I love that dude. And we probably see 50/10/5 out of KD on ~70% FG if he jumps in for a few minutes of the 4th. Those would've been some lines for the ages. All in all, they'll take it.

Funny that this game had the largest game line (vegas) I have ever seen and they still crushed it.

Chronz
03-05-2014, 03:42 PM
dominance. they were up 22 points going into the 4th so they didn't need to play.

when LBJ went off for 61 the Heat entered the 4th quarter up by 16 points. only reason why the Bobcat coach put all his guys back in the game in the 4th was because Spo was playing James. the game was over after three. thats why its nice to go for these obscene scoring records when you're younger. its hard to justify the playing time in blowouts when you're pushing 30 and trying to take your team to its 4th straight finals appearance (something that hasn't been done since the 80's for a reason- its exhausting). well see if they get away with it, well see if this heat team has their legs come june; it's year four.

Whats the difference? Bron has sat out plenty such games and Im sure Durant has stayed in his fair share of lopsided games as well, Bron is gearing up for the playoffs, hes coasted long enough, time get that playoff conditioning back. Its not like any of us discount Kobe's 35PPG season despite many of those points coming in garbage time. In fact, the leagues leading scorer led the league in them, big whoop.

beyourself
03-05-2014, 03:47 PM
You're telling me that at 29 and in his 11th year LeBron is having no trouble at all playing garbage mintues and staying fresh compared 3,4,5 years ago?

tredigs
03-05-2014, 03:49 PM
You're telling me that at 29 and in his 11th year LeBron is having no trouble at all playing garbage mintues and staying fresh compared 3,4,5 years ago?

Hell no, and it cost them the win @Houston. But sometimes you just want dem pointz.

Chronz
03-05-2014, 03:56 PM
You guys talk as if this isn't a career low in MPG for Bron, seems to me he mostly logs heavy minutes when Wade doesn't suit up and gets more rest in between. With the playoffs around the corner, I would expect those minutes to go up or for Wade to start playing more consistently.

Hell no, and it cost them the win @Houston. But sometimes you just want dem pointz.
Hardly doubt it cost them the win, some days you just dont have it. No guarantee either way

tredigs
03-05-2014, 04:00 PM
You guys talk as if this isn't a career low in MPG for Bron, seems to me he mostly logs heavy minutes when Wade doesn't suit up and gets more rest in between. With the playoffs around the corner, I would expect those minutes to go up or for Wade to start playing more consistently.

Hardly doubt it cost them the win, some days you just dont have it. No guarantee either way

Tough to argue that he was not clearly dog tired mid/late in the 4th of the Charlotte game and clearly out of it @Houston. That's nearly impossible not to be on a road b2b against a tough opponent. No b2b's in the playoffs, and at was widely noted he "coasted" in the first half. His energy level is lower than when he was 25 and wasn't going on finals playoff runs every year, that's pretty clear I think.

beyourself
03-05-2014, 04:01 PM
Career low for minutes? Yea it is. He's 6th in the league in minutes though.

If I was the coach and I saw that my only way to win a title is tired I'm sitting him out a game or lowering his minutes.

tredigs
03-05-2014, 04:02 PM

Apathetic defense... literally didn't have the legs to hit a single shot outside of 2 feet all game... 1 for 7 in the 2nd half...

He was dead, dude.

Bruno
03-05-2014, 04:09 PM
LBJ played 41+ minutes in a blowout so he could crack 60. I would have wanted to do the same thing.

But it exhausted him. He put up his 8th lowest TS% of the season and his lowest TS% since January 4th in the loss against Houston. i don't think it could be argued that it didn't make him more tired (one rebound in 37 minutes isn't very LBJesque). now Miami is two games behind Indy. if one game ends up deciding HCA in the ECF... ouch.

although he is fortunate to have a coach who plays him less than 38 minutes per game. I'd suggest i'd be even lower if not for Wades health. I think it was an irresponsible yet irresistible coaching decision on Spos part. LBJs post game interview was particularly enjoyable "i just gotta thank god for making me so amazing" :laugh2:

Bruno
03-05-2014, 04:13 PM
did anyone catch the post game interview? just because the dude passes the ball doesn't mean he's not one of the most arrogant stars in league history. #witnesshistory

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 04:14 PM
Tough to argue that he was not clearly dog tired mid/late in the 4th of the Charlotte game and clearly out of it @Houston. That's nearly impossible not to be on a road b2b against a tough opponent. No b2b's in the playoffs, and at was widely noted he "coasted" in the first half. His energy level is lower than when he was 25 and wasn't going on finals playoff runs every year, that's pretty clear I think.

not sure how big of a difference it would have made when Bosh and the rest of the frontcourt defense got their ***** handed to them by Howard/Jones.

Bruno
03-05-2014, 04:15 PM
also with westbrook- this is pretty much the fastest triple double in league history. i know one guy did it faster but that was in 1955. really epic by westbrook.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 04:21 PM
did anyone catch the post game interview? just because the dude passes the ball doesn't mean he's not one of the most arrogant stars in league history. #witnesshistory

to be fair, you try going through life never being told no, being told you are the greatest, and then perform like James, while reading/hearing everyday how amazing you are, and try not to have some arrogance...

All the greats have an arrogance. Some are annoyingly over the top, some are bearable.

tredigs
03-05-2014, 04:21 PM
also with westbrook- this is pretty much the fastest triple double in league history. i know one guy did it faster but that was in 1955. really epic by westbrook.

Haha but to be fair, that team would prolly take the Sixers behind the woodshead.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 04:22 PM

yeah, that may have been more impressive than the 42 points by Durant actually

tredigs
03-05-2014, 04:24 PM
to be fair, you try going through life never being told no, being told you are the greatest, and then perform like James, while reading/hearing everyday how amazing you are, and try not to have some arrogance...

All the greats have an arrogance. Some are annoyingly over the top, some are bearable.
I just want all great athletes to be like Jerry Rice, Calvin Johnson or Larry Bird (**** talking is great, just not the biggest fan of boasting). But if you put the work in and are great, **** it, be as annoying as you want. It's up to others to shut you up.

Chronz
03-05-2014, 04:26 PM
Apathetic defense...
Sounds extreme, looked like he was gambling more than usual, his defense hasn't been his strongest suit this year tho.

literally didn't have the legs to hit a single shot outside of 2 feet all game... 1 for 7 in the 2nd half...

He was dead, dude.

My argument is that he couldve been dead/off either way, and after the night he had before, I would actually expect regression with his jumpshot efficiency.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 04:27 PM
I just want all great athletes to be like Jerry Rice, Calvin Johnson or Larry Bird (**** talking is great, just not the biggest fan of boasting). But if you put the work in and are great, **** it, be as annoying as you want. It's up to others to shut you up.

remember too, we are in the age of the media being a click away. You could stay away from all the attention, and what the media said about you when Rice or Bird played. Nowadays, its literally impossible to not constantly hear what everyone on earth says about you. Factor in these guys come in much younger, and the maturity level isn't there, and also factor in how much we kiss young star's ***** nowadays compared to back then, and its just on another level.

tredigs
03-05-2014, 04:45 PM
remember too, we are in the age of the media being a click away. You could stay away from all the attention, and what the media said about you when Rice or Bird played. Nowadays, its literally impossible to not constantly hear what everyone on earth says about you. Factor in these guys come in much younger, and the maturity level isn't there, and also factor in how much we kiss young star's ***** nowadays compared to back then, and its just on another level.
To an extent, but it goes beyond that, I can't give a full pass to annoying primadonnas. There's no reason why Calvin Johnson couldn't be a Randy Moss, etc.

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 05:08 PM
To an extent, but it goes beyond that, I can't give a full pass to annoying primadonnas. There's no reason why Calvin Johnson couldn't be a Randy Moss, etc.

while LeBron may be arrogant, he isn't the obnoxious breed.

tredigs
03-05-2014, 05:10 PM
while LeBron may be arrogant, he isn't the obnoxious breed.

He's been obnoxious at times this season, but I don't even put him in the top 25% of the guys who I'm really thinking about.

Chronz
03-05-2014, 05:12 PM
Yeah, tired or not, Bron wasn't the only guy looking sluggish on the Heat

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 05:19 PM
He's been obnoxious at times this season, but I don't even put him in the top 25% of the guys who I'm really thinking about.

what is it with the WR position anyways? They produce the most primmadonnas by far.

Delrayhc
03-05-2014, 05:51 PM
Yeah, tired or not, Bron wasn't the only guy looking sluggish on the Heat

Your absolutely right. Just look at their 3 point and free throw percentages, it's all in the legs.

tredigs
03-05-2014, 05:56 PM
what is it with the WR position anyways? They produce the most primmadonnas by far.

Hah true. Probably because they were always the tallest and fastest and score a bunch of TDs. The QB's have to be the more composed ones and RB's are beasts but often grew up the lil' guys.

NBA_Starter
03-05-2014, 08:24 PM
He definitely was making a statement following LeBron's big game.