PDA

View Full Version : Re-run Thread of the day: Who is your all time starting 5

IKnowHoops
03-05-2014, 06:23 AM
Been done a 1000 times, and will be done a 1000 more times after this.

Give me your all time starting 5.

I got this

PG Lebron
SG Mike
SF Durant
PF DRob
C Shaq

And you don't have to keep players in there 1st position so please don't cry about that.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
03-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Magic
MJ
Lebron
Robinson
Kareem

OKC
03-05-2014, 08:03 AM
Bron, MJ, Bird and Shaqeem.
used Bird over Magic due to better shooting.

DreamShaker
03-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Kareem
Hakeem
Bird
MJ
Magic

Swashcuff
03-05-2014, 08:12 AM
Find it weird that D-Rob is getting more love at the PF than TD and Hakeem who are not only better players but probably better suited for the PF on both ends of the floor despite the fact that D-Rob was a face up scorer.

I'll go with players the OP didn't use

Magic
Kobe
Bird (would loved to choose Pippen or Dr J for defensive purposes but Bird's spacing is going to be needed)
Hakeem
Kareem

DreamShaker
03-05-2014, 08:20 AM
Find it weird that D-Rob is getting more love at the PF than TD and Hakeem who are not only better players but probably better suited for the PF on both ends of the floor despite the fact that D-Rob was a face up scorer.

Magic
Kobe
Bird (would loved to choose Pippen or Dr J for defensive purposes but Bird's spacing is going to be needed)
Hakeem
Kareem

I totally agree. Robinson was awesome, but no way I would take him over Dream and Timmy. And a Kareem/Robinson frontcourt would be softer than a pillow. But Shaq, Hakeem, Wilt, or even Moses against them, and they would get owned.

KnicksorBust
03-05-2014, 08:27 AM
Stockton
Wade
Durant
LeBron
Shaq

Snapshot
03-05-2014, 09:01 AM
Penny
MJ
LBJ
Barkley
Hakeem

freedas
03-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Pg Kidd
Sg Jordan
Sf Lebron
Pf Duncan
C Hakeem

DreamShaker
03-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Penny
MJ
LBJ
Barkley
Hakeem

Nice team! Penny would fit well there.

eugene
03-05-2014, 10:06 AM
I'm completely sure this starting 5 beats anybody...
Payton
Jordan
Pippen
Garnett
Olajuwon

KnicksorBust
03-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Nice team! Penny would fit well there.

The lack of spacing in the modern era makes that team seem vulnerable... There is a reason why the Heat have Chalmers-Ray-Battier-Cole-Lewis-Jones-Mason. There is a reason why Bosh has taken more 3's this season than the first 5 years of his career combined.

lakerfan85
03-05-2014, 02:23 PM
Magic
Kobe
Worthy
Pau
Kareem

abe_froman
03-05-2014, 02:24 PM
magic
mj
lebron
timmy
kaj

Jeffy25
03-05-2014, 02:34 PM
1. Magic
2. Jordan
3. Lebron
4. Shaq
5. Wilt

Bench with Durant, Duncan, Hakeem, etc.

Chronz
03-05-2014, 04:11 PM
Jerry West
MJ
Durant
Duncan
Hakeem

Thats what I would send if I wanted to win the game, not my best players at every position

jerellh528
03-05-2014, 04:19 PM
If I wanted to win:
Cp3
Jordan
Durant
Garnett
Hakeem

My favorites:
Magic
Kobe
Durant
Duncan
Shaq

Hawkeye15
03-05-2014, 04:24 PM
Payton
Jordan
Pippen
Garnett
Olajuwon

yeah, this team stops anyone, and can score on the other end with almost anyone. This is a good team

IgglesFanInCO
03-05-2014, 05:15 PM
Im confident in 4 of my 5 being

MJ
LBJ
Timmy D
Shaq

but idk which PG would fit in best with that team, I havent thought about this much

also Hakeem over Shaq I would be ok with as well

sixers247
03-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Magic
Iverson
Bird
Russell
Yao

Just trying a team that might be good but different than the normal ten or so players usually listed.

SugeKnight
03-06-2014, 03:23 AM
Stephen Curry
Paul George
Kevin Durant
LeBron James
Bill Russell

I don't think there is a better combination for shooting/ driving/ passing 1-4. Their excellent shooting spaces the floor for the drive, which they are all great at. Can't double team anyone since they are all willing passers.

Russell locks down the paint. I feel like he has the best combination of athleticism and defense, along with great team play. Athleticism is important because this team is going to be running all game. George gets to guard the opponents best perimeter player. LeBron is versatile on D, he'll guard the opponents 4s most of the time.

Bostonjorge
03-06-2014, 03:51 AM
Shaq
KG
Dirk
Jordan
Kobe

To big and to good.

WadeKobe
03-06-2014, 04:04 AM
The more I have read, te more I have come to learn that this little article over at Wages of Wins communicates an absolute truth.

http://wagesofwins.com/2013/09/24/have-we-learned-anything-about-basketball/

Essentially, the economy of basketball is based around three main economic factors:

(1) The Short Supply of Tall People
(2) The Short Supply of Renaissance Men (all-around)

Essentially, the ability to dominate the post in shooting efficiency, rim protection, and rebounding coupled with your ability to get high value commodities from positions where they are of greater scarcity (rebounds from smalls, ball distribution from bigs) are the two most basic keys to capitalizing on efficiency and winning.

That's why most of the best players wer are Centers and Forwards (Wilt, Shaq, KAJ, Dream, Duncan, etc), or all around players who could do it all (LBJ, Magic, Michael, Bird, Big O, West).

So, my team takes this theory and puts it into action, while also believing that interior defense is most important on the defensive side of the basketball.

C - Shaq - 7'1"
PF - Duncan - 7'0"
SF - Garnett - 6'11"
SG - Bird - 6'8"
PG - LeBron - 6'8"

Try to score on that team defensively, and I dare you to try and out rebound them when you miss.

bagwell368
03-06-2014, 10:54 AM
Shaq
KG
Dirk
Jordan
Kobe

To big and to good.

Your 3 smalls are too ball dominant to coexist well IMO.

bagwell368
03-06-2014, 10:59 AM
The more I have read, te more I have come to learn that this little article over at Wages of Wins communicates an absolute truth.

http://wagesofwins.com/2013/09/24/have-we-learned-anything-about-basketball/

Essentially, the economy of basketball is based around three main economic factors:

(1) The Short Supply of Tall People
(2) The Short Supply of Renaissance Men (all-around)

Essentially, the ability to dominate the post in shooting efficiency, rim protection, and rebounding coupled with your ability to get high value commodities from positions where they are of greater scarcity (rebounds from smalls, ball distribution from bigs) are the two most basic keys to capitalizing on efficiency and winning.

That's why most of the best players wer are Centers and Forwards (Wilt, Shaq, KAJ, Dream, Duncan, etc), or all around players who could do it all (LBJ, Magic, Michael, Bird, Big O, West).

So, my team takes this theory and puts it into action, while also believing that interior defense is most important on the defensive side of the basketball.

C - Shaq - 7'1"
PF - Duncan - 7'0"
SF - Garnett - 6'11"
SG - Bird - 6'8"
PG - LeBron - 6'8"

Try to score on that team defensively, and I dare you to try and out rebound them when you miss.

Bird is more than capable of being a wing or a 2 on offense, but on D? He's way too tall and immobile side to side to offer any real D away from the basket. If you'll take note, Bird always played the weakest offensive forward - if McHale OR Maxwell were in the game, unless it was a very tall 4 and Max was also on the floor than Bird would get him. HOF 2's would make mincemeat of Bird on D. Of course on O Bird could post them or shoot over them, but adjustments could be made. I have a similar reaction when people offer up Havlicek as a guard on all time Celt teams. He played guard seldom and couldn't D up any good G's at all (outside of his smarts that is). Sort of a smaller Bird without the shooting touch if you never saw him.

bagwell368
03-06-2014, 11:06 AM
Hakeem
Duncan
Bird
Jordan
CP3

team work, passing, elite enough D at to handle some issues at the 3. This team here can play together for 10 years straight (and like each other), while teams that feature too many scorers (Kobe, Jordan, Dirk sort of teams) are liable to break down into squabbling messes pretty quickly.

bagwell368
03-06-2014, 11:11 AM
and euege:

Payton
Jordan
Pippen
Garnett
Olajuwon

yeah, this team stops anyone, and can score on the other end with almost anyone. This is a good team

I feel that they are super elite on D, but that if Jordan has a bad shooting night, there isn't enough O elsewhere to save them. Remember they are after all facing other all time teams too. I love Payton and Pippen on the bench - and Garnett as a member of a 5 man rotation at 4/5. I also don't see who is going to open the floor up by nailing 3's at a high rate out of these 5. At his best on 3's isn't when he was best on the D.

Walt
03-06-2014, 11:22 AM
PG: John Stockton
SF: Michael Jordan
SF: LeBron James
PF: Dirk Nowitzki
C: Hakeem Olajuwon

Walt
03-06-2014, 11:24 AM
I feel that they are super elite on D, but that if Jordan has a bad shooting night, there isn't enough O elsewhere to save them. Remember they are after all facing other all time teams too. I love Payton and Pippen on the bench - and Garnett as a member of a 5 man rotation at 4/5. I also don't see who is going to open the floor up by nailing 3's at a high rate out of these 5. At his best on 3's isn't when he was best on the D.

Olajuwon would eat up anyone if Jordan had an off night. KG wasn't an offensive slouch either.

ATX
03-06-2014, 11:29 AM
Not saying it's the best "Team" collaboration, just went with the best (imo) at each position:

Magic
Jordan
James
Duncan
Jabbar

IKnowHoops
03-06-2014, 11:38 AM
I totally agree. Robinson was awesome, but no way I would take him over Dream and Timmy. And a Kareem/Robinson frontcourt would be softer than a pillow. But Shaq, Hakeem, Wilt, or even Moses against them, and they would get owned.

David is a better athlete and runs the floor better than Dream or Tim. He is offensively and defensively better than Tim. Stylistically, with Lebron, KD, and Mike, I want the best floor running big and that is David over Dream or Tim. Dream does most of his work in the post and if I go to the post Im going to Shaq, otherwise David is just going to hit 12 footers, or pump fake and drive from 12, or catch oops off pick and rolls. I don't want two guys on the squad that will clog the middle. I need to be able to open up lanes for Mike, Bron and Durant, and David can space the floor better than Tim and Dream as well. For the fast break offense I invasion, Drob is the best choice over Tim or Dream. And I got Shaq so there is no problem with being soft. Bron, Durant, David, and Prime Shaq are elite defensively. Durant is very good defensively. Conversely, all have won at least one scoring title. I think this team represents the best fast break possible while. Lebron, Mike and Drob would be a terror on the fast break. Any traditional PG going against Bron is toast. I truly believe a traditional PG would only slow guys like Lebron, Mike and Durant down. They are all self starters. And since they can all pass well, my bigs won't suffer at all from the lack of a traditional PG. Actually everyone on my team won a scoring title without traditional pgs. Even Blake plays better without Chris Paul. Sometimes Traditional pgs have the ball in there hands to much and players become dependent on that pgs passes. We don't do that on this squad. Just 5 guys moving around as one.

IKnowHoops
03-06-2014, 12:06 PM

Magic
Kobe
Hakeem
Kareem

TD and Hakeem will slow my offense down as compared to David. I don't want Bron, Mike and Shaq standing around as Hakeem or David methodically backs someone down in the post. I want the ball moving around like a hot potato at all times.

IKnowHoops
03-06-2014, 12:08 PM

Magic
Kobe
Hakeem
Kareem

Drob always excelled in all-star games and dream team because he is big fast, and always running. Hakeem and Duncan are guys that really need to spot up in the post to be really effective where as David can get his no after who is on the court with him because he runs so much and is so athletic he's always looking for oops.

IKnowHoops
03-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Payton
Jordan
Pippen
Garnett
Olajuwon

PG Lebron
SG Mike
SF Durant
PF David
C Shaq

Don't see how they would stop this team. Shaq would require a double team from Dream and Garnett while David could just slash to the basket. And Bron is to big for the great Gary Payton. He would muscle the crap out of him till the double came and then again open shots or slashes to the basket. Any big leaving there man to help means easy dunks by David and Shaq.

IKnowHoops
03-06-2014, 12:25 PM
1. Magic
2. Jordan
3. Lebron
4. Shaq
5. Wilt

Bench with Durant, Duncan, Hakeem, etc.

I like this team. Big and punishing. 3 ball would be lacking but and the spacing might be a little suspect but magic would be dealing

WadeKobe
03-07-2014, 09:14 AM
Bird is more than capable of being a wing or a 2 on offense, but on D? He's way too tall and immobile side to side to offer any real D away from the basket. If you'll take note, Bird always played the weakest offensive forward - if McHale OR Maxwell were in the game, unless it was a very tall 4 and Max was also on the floor than Bird would get him. HOF 2's would make mincemeat of Bird on D. Of course on O Bird could post them or shoot over them, but adjustments could be made. I have a similar reaction when people offer up Havlicek as a guard on all time Celt teams. He played guard seldom and couldn't D up any good G's at all (outside of his smarts that is). Sort of a smaller Bird without the shooting touch if you never saw him.

Bird is a warmer defender to be sure, but his length would help mitigate that a bit. Couple that with the fact tha scoring in the paint on this team would be a near impossibility, and he doesn't need to be able to do much more than guard the slowest player 1-3 and get his hands in the passing lanes.

There are obviously muh better defensive options than Shaq and Bird, but Lebron and KG/Tim more than make up for them, and those two are pure dominance on the offensive end and Bird gives the team floor spacing coupled with passing that few others do.

curtcocaine
03-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Mj
Kobe
Bron Bron
Melo
Shaq
Who do you stop? Jordan can pass play the facilitator role n lock down any point. Kobe is there to score as well is melo.shaq. he is unstoppable in the paint if they double hit the 3!!

CrazyCrackar
03-07-2014, 10:59 AM
PG Magic Johnson
SG Michael Jordan
SF Kevin Durant
PF Lebron James
C Shaq

KnicksorBust
03-07-2014, 08:06 PM
PG Lebron
SG Mike
SF Durant
PF David
C Shaq

Don't see how they would stop this team. Shaq would require a double team from Dream and Garnett while David could just slash to the basket. And Bron is to big for the great Gary Payton. He would muscle the crap out of him till the double came and then again open shots or slashes to the basket. Any big leaving there man to help means easy dunks by David and Shaq.

David Robinson being in anyone's all-time team is an absolute joke. I also hate this idea that putting a bunch of guys who NEED the ball together would be the GOAT team. I just don't buy it. How are you splitting touches with LeBron-MJ-Durant-Shaq. I just don't see it. LeBron as your PG is just as ridiculous.

Baller1
03-07-2014, 08:35 PM
PG: Gary Payton
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Lebron James
PF: Hakeem Olajuwon
C: Shaquille O'Neal

Have fun scoring on that team. :)

bagwell368
03-07-2014, 09:36 PM
David is a better athlete and runs the floor better than Tim. He is offensively and defensively better than Tim.

Not in the paint and not with his back to the basket on O.

NoahH
03-07-2014, 09:38 PM
PG Magic Johnson
SG Kevin Love
SF Wilt Chamberlain
PF Kareem
C Hakeem

bagwell368
03-07-2014, 09:40 PM
Mj
Kobe
Bron Bron
Melo
Shaq
Who do you stop? Jordan can pass play the facilitator role n lock down any point. Kobe is there to score as well is melo.shaq. he is unstoppable in the paint if they double hit the 3!!

Nothing personal, but this is the worst team yet in this thread. You have two implacable ball hogs in Kobe and Melo - then you have guys like MJ and Bron that will share the rock, but also require their time in the sun. Then toss in a low post Center that needs to be fed - a lot. Very disfunctional team. Also Melo is a horrible defender.

bagwell368
03-07-2014, 09:46 PM
PG Magic Johnson
SG Kevin Love
SF Wilt Chamberlain
PF Kareem
C Hakeem

A PF/C as a #2? How's that dribble in the back court? 3 in the paint/near the paint scorers? Nice spacing. You don't have enough passing either.

bagwell368
03-07-2014, 09:52 PM
Olajuwon would eat up anyone if Jordan had an off night. KG wasn't an offensive slouch either.

Hakeem is my starting C all time, no need to convince me on that. KG is on my 12 man team. His team is mostly great, it's just that Bird is a total weak spot on D outside of the paint. You know the guys that beat him are not going to head for the paint, but instead get an easy short J, or deform the D and get a nice choice pass to someone suddenly open because someone went to help Bird.

I like your team - except it's a bit heavy on ball dominant shooters. With the other 4 I might go KG because he's a better passer than Dirk, and looks to pass more, and doesn't need to dominate the ball. He's also a massively superior defender to Dirk.

bagwell368
03-07-2014, 09:57 PM
David Robinson being in anyone's all-time team is an absolute joke. I also hate this idea that putting a bunch of guys who NEED the ball together would be the GOAT team. I just don't buy it. How are you splitting touches with LeBron-MJ-Durant-Shaq. I just don't see it. LeBron as your PG is just as ridiculous.

Right. Some guys love Kobe, some love DRob...

LBJ makes an interesting guy to stick at the #1 for a different look, but for 10 years, 82 games a year + playoffs at the point? He'd be worn to a nub.

Yes, the mistake most commonly made is looking at the top 20 PPG guys all time, and picking your team from that. Gotta have D, passing, scoring - all of it. That's why guys that do everything great are worth considering and single dimension guys like Carmelo or Gervin are not - not for a 5 man all time team to battle against others.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2014, 10:08 PM

But I don't think they NEED elite scoring (though Hakeem-KG up front are getting points). If I am coaching that team, I am slowing the pace, and I really don't see any team that is just going to have an offensive explosion against them. Too much length/speed at every position defensively, and running PnR won't do **** against that team.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2014, 10:09 PM

LBJ makes an interesting guy to stick at the #1 for a different look, but for 10 years, 82 games a year + playoffs at the point? He'd be worn to a nub.

Yes, the mistake most commonly made is looking at the top 20 PPG guys all time, and picking your team from that. Gotta have D, passing, scoring - all of it. That's why guys that do everything great are worth considering and single dimension guys like Carmelo or Gervin are not - not for a 5 man all time team to battle against others.

I personally would never have Robinson OR Kobe on an all time team in this type of game.

Baller1
03-07-2014, 11:09 PM

Simply swap Lebron and Pippen and then I think that team is perfect. You need another offensive force that can pick up slack if MJ were off.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2014, 11:12 PM
Simply swap Lebron and Pippen and then I think that team is perfect. You need another offensive force that can pick up slack if MJ were off.

I am not disagreeing I guess, I just think that team is SO good defensively, it won't matter. And it's not like its bad offensively. Best offensive player ever, and a frontcourt that averaged 20+/10+ each with ease, and great passing. The ONLY complaint I have, is no floor spacers

Shlumpledink
03-07-2014, 11:17 PM
I hate when people make people play out of position for their all time lists.

Payton
Jordan
Lebron
Duncan
Olajuwon

Baller1
03-07-2014, 11:17 PM
I am not disagreeing I guess, I just think that team is SO good defensively, it won't matter. And it's not like its bad offensively. Best offensive player ever, and a frontcourt that averaged 20+/10+ each with ease, and great passing. The ONLY complaint I have, is no floor spacers

True, but I think Lebron's still an elite defender.... As well as a much better offensive player, and therefore adds more value than Pippen would. Still solid all around though, can't complain with that lineup.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2014, 11:20 PM
True, but I think Lebron's still an elite defender.... As well as a much better offensive player, and therefore adds more value than Pippen would. Still solid all around though, can't complain with that lineup.

Yeah, you have to figure if you took the offensive burden off LeBron to do everything, as he has been asked throughout his career, and asked him to be more of a shut down defender, he would respond easily. Best safety in basketball history too.

Payton
Jordan
LeBron
Garnett
Hakeem

probably the best team possible.

KnicksorBust
03-07-2014, 11:26 PM

Yeah, you have to figure if you took the offensive burden off LeBron to do everything, as he has been asked throughout his career, and asked him to be more of a shut down defender, he would respond easily. Best safety in basketball history too.

Payton
Jordan
LeBron
Garnett
Hakeem

How is that team better with Payton at PG over Magic Johnson? Seriously. Give me Stockton or Chris Paul as well.

Hawkeye15
03-07-2014, 11:27 PM
How is that team better with Payton at PG over Magic Johnson? Seriously. Give me Stockton or Chris Paul as well.

the defense is better, and interchangeable at guard while defending. Payton's size wins it for me over Stockton, seeing as these teams are all so loaded. Payton can guard SG's, and allow MJ to take the weaker assignment and save it for the offensive end.

IKnowHoops
03-08-2014, 03:26 AM

David is top 4 in PER and Winshares per 48 in a season. Other guys are Wilt, Lebron, and Jordan. David could and would crap on every player in history that could or would try and guard him. And touches? This is an all-time team. Touches isn't in this conversation as every player is capable of dominating and the teammates have to respect that, and understand this isn't a normal game where I score 30. Everyone would be scoring efficiently. Like an all star game. Lebron plays point guard half the time he is on the floor for the heat. He is one of the best facilitators in the league. Did you watch the dream team play. All he did was run the offense and get people easy shots. Its funny, in one argument Lebron passes to much and he is not aggressive, and in another argument, he needs his touches. Lebron is a chameleon, he can be whatever the team needs him to be.

IKnowHoops
03-08-2014, 03:32 AM
Not in the paint and not with his back to the basket on O.

In the paint is debatable, I'm sure he averaged a lot more dunks per year than Duncan and those are in the paint. Only Shaq could really handle David if he got the ball in position down low, anyone else would have to foul him based on his athletic ability. He didn't have the post moves of Tim, but he was 3 times more athletic and could score at will down low. Secondly, I don't need two guys clogging up the middle with there back to the basket. I need a guy playing the Bosh role of standing at the free throw line. He can shoot or pump and drive from there probably better than any center in history.

Jarvo
03-08-2014, 03:36 AM
Tony Parker
Wade
Lebron
Duncan
Shaq

Old School

Magic
Jordan
Dr. J
Malone or Barkley
Kareem

IKnowHoops
03-08-2014, 03:39 AM
Nothing personal, but this is the worst team yet in this thread. You have two implacable ball hogs in Kobe and Melo - then you have guys like MJ and Bron that will share the rock, but also require their time in the sun. Then toss in a low post Center that needs to be fed - a lot. Very disfunctional team. Also Melo is a horrible defender.

Why do you act as if these players won't share the ball in this situation? The last two Olympics, Kobe was one of the lowest scorers. He shared the ball and never ball hogged. The original dream team had Charles Barkley then David Robinson leading them in scoring. Mike didn't care, he passed the ball all the time. These guys always will make the right play when they trust there teammates to get it done. This argument is tired and a lie.

IKnowHoops
03-08-2014, 03:44 AM

My team is full of guys that do everything

PG Lebron
SG Mike
SF Durant
PF DRob
C Shaq

I mean, common, none is really putting Melo or Gervin on there team all time. I did see Melo out there but thats a huge homer pick. In general there is no way anyone is doing that.

IKnowHoops
03-08-2014, 03:48 AM
I hate when people make people play out of position for their all time lists.

Payton
Jordan
Lebron
Duncan
Olajuwon

Yeah, I wrote that for in the start for people like you. I don't get that at all. Its got nothing to do with you and effects you in no way at all.

IKnowHoops
03-08-2014, 03:52 AM

Payton
Jordan
LeBron
Garnett
Hakeem

What can Prime KG do better than Prime David? Defend? NO! Run the floor? NO! Pass? yeah. Shoot? Even. Get to the rim? NO! Finish? NO?

IKnowHoops
03-08-2014, 03:53 AM
the defense is better, and interchangeable at guard while defending. Payton's size wins it for me over Stockton, seeing as these teams are all so loaded. Payton can guard SG's, and allow MJ to take the weaker assignment and save it for the offensive end.

PG Lebron
SG Mike
SF Durant
PF DRob
C Shaq

Which weaker assignment would Mike take? And then who dominates Gary?

ApoelUltras
03-08-2014, 11:46 AM
John Stockton
Michael Jordan
Larry Bird
Tim Duncan
Shaquille O'Neal

Baller1
03-08-2014, 12:00 PM
[/B]

PG Lebron
SG Mike
SF Durant
PF DRob
C Shaq

Which weaker assignment would Mike take? And then who dominates Gary?

GP guards MJ
MJ guards KD
Lebron guards Lebron

alexander_37
03-08-2014, 02:05 PM
Big O
Jordan
Lebron
Duncan
Hakeem

Nasty rebounding, no knock down 3 point shooters but the back 3 are capable.

Kaner
03-08-2014, 03:51 PM
stockton
Jordan
Lebron
Duncan
Hakeem

IKnowHoops
03-09-2014, 12:18 AM
GP guards MJ
MJ guards KD
Lebron guards Lebron

So Jordan kills Payton

Baller1
03-09-2014, 12:37 AM
So Jordan kills Payton

In the '96 Finals, MJ shot less than 42% from the field with a TS% of ~54%. MJ would hardly "kill" Payton.

Laidback_Scrapp
03-09-2014, 01:53 AM
Westbrook
MJ
LBJ
Cwebb
A.Sabonis (prime)

Kaner
03-09-2014, 02:29 AM
Completely disagree with people putting Shaq on their starting 5

Shaq needs the offense to run threw him to be effective, never had the defensive impact that Hakeem had, wasn't nearly the passer hakeem was, and his ft shooting could make him a liability late in games.
He might have been the better individual player but when surrounded with all-time offensive talent, all-around game and limiting weakness's become more important then individual dominance.