PDA

View Full Version : Line of the Night: March 3rd

JasonJohnHorn
03-04-2014, 08:46 AM
EDIT: Could the Modes change the title to March 3rd please. Thanks.

LeBron James: 61 points (22/33), 7 rebounds, 5 assists
Enes Kanter: 28 points (8/16), 14 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal
Al Jefferson: 38 points (18/24), 19 rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal
Ty Lawson: 31 points (11/16), 11 assists, 4 rebounds, 4 steals
Kevin Love: 33 points (10/21), 19 rebounds, 4 assists, 2 steals
Robin Lopez: 19 points (9/13), 16 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 blocks
Ersan Ilyasova: 31 points (13/14), 5 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block
Tyreke Evans: 27 points (8/14), 10 rebounds, 8 assists, 1 steal
John Wall: 23 points (8/16), 9 assists, 6 rebounds, 1 steal, 1 block
Andre Drummond: 17 points (6/9), 26 rebounds, 3 blocks, 2 steals
Carmelo Anthony: 28 points (11/21), 5 rebounds, 3 steals, 2 assists
Pau Gasol: 22 points (10/20), 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 2 blocks
Nicolas Batum: 17 points (6/14), 15 rebounds, 5 assists, 2 steals, 1 block

Heediot
03-04-2014, 09:06 AM
Jeff Teague: 29 points (14/21), 9 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block

MonroeFAN
03-04-2014, 09:54 AM
Andre Drummond... but plenty of impressive nights.

MonroeFAN
03-04-2014, 09:54 AM
certainly not Jeff Teague

koreancabbage
03-04-2014, 10:00 AM
Toss up on Lebron, Drummond, and Al Jefferson and KLove for me

Swashcuff
03-04-2014, 10:19 AM
Andre Drummond... but plenty of impressive nights.

I wonder why you think its Drummond

JasonJohnHorn
03-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Jeff Teague: 29 points (14/21), 9 assists, 6 rebounds, 2 steals, 1 block

I should have at least included him..... I missed that line. My bad.

JasonJohnHorn
03-04-2014, 10:36 AM

I went with LBJ myself, but I think Jefferson's game was close to as impressive. I think 40/20 as impressive as 60/5/5 in some respects.

As for Drummond.... if a career-high in points in worth of LOTN, then I guess it is reasonable to assume that a career-high in rebounds is also.

That said.... 60 points on a good percentage is AMAZING. You have to grab 30 rebounds for me to consider valuing a big rebounding night over a 60-point performance.

In reality, if AL Jefferson or Andre Drummond had had those night on any other night of the week, they would have gotten LOTN easily. But when the best player in the world has a career night... you aren't topping that.
I'll go with LBJ, but I understand the temptation to vote for a big rebounding night, strictly a polemic vote, just to represent for the hard work the rebounders do. I would see the same for a big passing night of 25+ assists.

MonroeFAN
03-04-2014, 10:59 AM

I can think of 26 reasons right off the bat. Ridiculous efficiency, 3 blocks and no turn overs.

You're a lot closer to being a hater than I am to being a homer. A lot of players could claim the night, it comes down to what you value.

Is there a reason why you don't think Drummond should win it? Or just talking ****?

Heediot
03-04-2014, 11:14 AM
I should have at least included him..... I missed that line. My bad.

I'm just clowning, seems nobody missed the dated error so I put a line from March 2nd.

Its pretty clear its James or Drummond. The former more so.

JasonJohnHorn
03-04-2014, 11:57 AM
I'm just clowning, seems nobody missed the dated error so I put a line from March 2nd.

Its pretty clear its James or Drummond. The former more so.

Ah.... lol... good one. You got me ;-)

Deception
03-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Drummond always goes off when LeBron does. I'm going with LeBron but I think Drummond was a beast over Chandler last night.

True Sports Fan
03-04-2014, 12:15 PM
Reggie Evans with 10-13 >>>>>

LeBron though

kdspurman
03-04-2014, 12:22 PM
lot of really good lines last night

Walt
03-04-2014, 01:43 PM
There wasn't really a stand out performance last night.

I'll give it to Mario Chalmers.

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-04-2014, 01:47 PM
al jeffer.. oh who am i kidding. lol LeBron.

Im_in_Mia_bish
03-04-2014, 01:48 PM
I can think of 26 reasons right off the bat. Ridiculous efficiency, 3 blocks and no turn overs.

You're a lot closer to being a hater than I am to being a homer. A lot of players could claim the night, it comes down to what you value.

Is there a reason why you don't think Drummond should win it? Or just talking ****?

i read 3 not 26.

FlashBolt
03-04-2014, 02:39 PM
Lol. Rebounding over a NYK team or hitting 8/10 three pointers with a PER of 64 for the game? Hmmm. As great as Al and Drummond were, the level of difficulty in scoring 61 with that kind of efficiency is much more intriguing. Not to mention he didn't have a single dunk. +, Miami plays small. Al Jefferson's dominance wasn't that surprising. We all know they get destroyed in boards/post.

MonroeFAN
03-04-2014, 03:55 PM
lol?

i read 3 not 26.

Swashcuff
03-04-2014, 08:25 PM

Funny enough that the vast majority of posts I see from you are either of the homer or hating variety.

Its clear in this instance you value being a homer.

MonroeFAN
03-05-2014, 04:56 PM
And it's extremely clear to me that you have nothing to say. (as usual, why even respond?). No sense in defending your opinion against mine, because it's complete and total nonsense. Where as I have provided proof as to why I feel the way I do, all you've done is looked like a jelly loser.

Good job.

Pssssssttt... The guy had 17 and 26 with a USG rate of 11.2. Good enough?

WARRIORS@GR
03-05-2014, 05:05 PM
In what world is 17/26/3 even close to 61/7/5 on elite efficiency?Is this a joke or somehing?

MonroeFAN
03-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Uh, the world of non-stupid *** basketball fans?

ZOMG POINTS. I love how you mentioned elite efficiency with Lebron, yet some how failed to mention it for Drummond who was more efficient (lol?).

I don't think it's mind bending for a guy who is averaging 27 PPG on nearly 60% shooting to score 61 points on 67% shooting. It's awesome, Lebron is incredible... but he could probably score 61 every night if he wanted to.

Before proceeding with this "argument" I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here. USG = efficiency, and TS% = efficiency, and not turning the ball over = efficiency.

WARRIORS@GR
03-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Uh, the world of non-stupid *** basketball fans?

ZOMG POINTS. I love how you mentioned elite efficiency with Lebron, yet some how failed to mention it for Drummond who was more efficient (lol?).

I don't think it's mind bending for a guy who is averaging 27 PPG on nearly 60% shooting to score 61 points on 67% shooting. It's awesome, Lebron is incredible... but he could probably score 61 every night if he wanted to.

Before proceeding with this "argument" I just want to make sure we're all on the same page here. USG = efficiency, and TS% = efficiency, and not turning the ball over = efficiency.Are you saying that 17 efficient points is a tough accomplishment,especially for a big man who will NEVER shoot outside 10 ft?I can recall Tyson Chandler having lots of those games.For sure impressive game,but not even close to Lebron.

MonroeFAN
03-05-2014, 05:23 PM
Sorry man, I can appreciate if english is your second language. (no disrespect here).

My main argument is that I don't think scoring should be the end all to an argument. The 17 points is nice on 9 shots, but more so the 26 rebounds, no turnovers, 3 blocks and a USG rate of 11 (wow). I shouldn't have jumped all over you for wanting me to clarify, but my opinion isn't going to change.

Yes, Lebron is amazing, yes it's insanely close for me. Yes, I still go with Drummond's game, in context, with how good Lebron is, and for other reasons I've noted in this topic.

WARRIORS@GR
03-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Sorry man, I can appreciate if english is your second language. (no disrespect here).

My main argument is that I don't think scoring should be the end all to an argument. The 17 points is nice on 9 shots, but more so the 26 rebounds, no turnovers, 3 blocks and a USG rate of 11 (wow). I shouldn't have jumped all over you for wanting me to clarify, but my opinion isn't going to change.

Yes, Lebron is amazing, yes it's insanely close for me. Yes, I still go with Drummond's game, in context, with how good Lebron is, and for other reasons I've noted in this topic.That doesn't change the fact you are wrong.

MonroeFAN
03-05-2014, 05:32 PM
heh, shame on me for trying to have a conversation about basketball on PSD.

It's an incredibly subjective thing, I'm not the only one who thinks Drummond had the better line. And now "you're wrong".

Well guess what, you never have to worry about me asking for your basketball related opinion again.

IgglesFanInCO
03-05-2014, 05:57 PM
heh, shame on me for trying to have a conversation about basketball on PSD.

It's an incredibly subjective thing, I'm not the only one who thinks Drummond had the better line. And now "you're wrong".

Well guess what, you never have to worry about me asking for your basketball related opinion again.

You're not the only one, but you are in the small minority, which makes it your responsibility to properly state your case instead of making veiled yet obvious attempts to provoke him. If you truly think you have a solid case for your argument, state it proudly, clearly and preferably without it emanating bias.

MonroeFAN
03-05-2014, 06:02 PM
I don't feel like anything I've said thus far was vague, but fair enough.

26 rebounds is a nice number. 17 points on 9 shots. A ridiculously low USG rate, no turnovers, 3 blocks and 2 steals. I think those are valid reasons to select him over Lebron, who had an incredible night, but we've come to expect it from him. I didn't even bat an eye at him scoring 61, and I was really surprised that he hadn't done it before to be honest.

Yes, his game was ridiculous, but as I said before, points aren't the only thing that matters in this game (in fact, a lot of fans would suggest it's one of the most over-rated stats available when evaluating talent). I won't go that far, but outside of his 61 points (yes on a ridiculous TS%) he didn't really do much else. He also dominated the ball, not to say that's a bad thing, but it's plenty valid in this discussion.

Now you seem like a pretty fair person here. Do you think I'm being treated fairly here? People simply saying I'm wrong without providing any insight at all.

Swashcuff
03-05-2014, 06:05 PM

Yes, Lebron is amazing, yes it's insanely close for me. Yes, I still go with Drummond's game, in context, with how good Lebron is, and for other reasons I've noted in this topic.

In your own words can you even give an explanation as to what you think USG% represents?

MonroeFAN
03-05-2014, 06:13 PM
Uh, sure... it's an estimate of the amount of plays ran through a player during his allotted playing time.

I brought up his USG % to show how impressive it is that, despite the fact that his team didn't run the entire game through him, he was capable of impacting it the way he did.

lol @ bringing up one point.

WARRIORS@GR
03-05-2014, 07:01 PM
Uh, sure... it's an estimate of the amount of plays ran through a player during his allotted playing time.

I brought up his USG % to show how impressive it is that, despite the fact that his team didn't run the entire game through him, he was capable of impacting it the way he did.

lol @ bringing up one point.The most important part of Drummond's huge game,was rebounding.Which has nothing to do with USG%.

17 points on 9 shots has probably happened thousands of times before.

Swashcuff
03-05-2014, 08:34 PM

lol @ bringing up one point.

Looks a lot like you went to BBref and looked that up. Haha. You proved me right though you're attempting to use something which you don't understand.

The most important part of Drummond's huge game,was rebounding.Which has nothing to do with USG%.

17 points on 9 shots has probably happened thousands of times before.

This season alone its been done 173 times. Based on stat line (thanks to the rebounds) Dre's game has been the most impressive of those 173. Based on efficiency v USG% it doesn't crack the top 15.