PDA

View Full Version : Report: Isiah Thomas Could Be Considered To Run Pistons' Front Office

spreadeagle
03-02-2014, 01:27 AM
Lol, Isiah and Woodson should really turn things around for them :eyebrow:

Tom Gores is seriously discussing whether to shake up the Detroit Pistons' front office after the season and could consider hiring Isiah Thomas as a lead decision-maker to replace Joe Dumars, according to a report citing sources.

“Gores is definitely looking at Isiah to replace Joe,” one source said.

The Pistons fired Maurice Cheeks in February and have fired eight coaches since 2000 under Dumars.

Thomas' familiarity with Mike Woodson could allow the Pistons to be a potential landing spot if the coach is fired by the New York Knicks at season's end.

Via Mitch Lawrence/New York Daily News

Deception
03-02-2014, 01:30 AM
I don't buy it. Gores isn't going to watch a team struggle with a GM of Isiah's resume, who's worse than Dumars.

RipCity32
03-02-2014, 01:35 AM
Only our owner could find someone worse then Dumars, whichI thought that was impossible at this point. I doubt this is true and certainly hope not. This organization is just killing me lately.

Chronz
03-02-2014, 02:06 AM
He was Torontos best GM before Masiah

Tony_Starks
03-02-2014, 02:09 AM
Dumars drafted Darko......

DallasTrilla23
03-02-2014, 02:17 AM
Dumars drafted Darko......

Isiah promised the Knicks a championship..

COOLbeans
03-02-2014, 02:25 AM
Thomas made some good draft picks, and he knows everybody around the league so I wouldn't be surprised if this were true

GiantsSwaGG
03-02-2014, 02:30 AM
Isiah promised the Knicks a championship..

Dumars drafted Darko

Blitzace137
03-02-2014, 02:42 AM
Good get him away from NY.

JasonJohnHorn
03-02-2014, 03:02 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF?!?!? Why would ANYBODY bring him in?

DreamShaker
03-02-2014, 04:07 AM

Lol. Not saying a whole lot ;)

naps
03-02-2014, 05:40 AM
At least Isiah is whole lot more influential and has a strong affiliation with players in this business. Anyone is better than Joe bonehead drummers. Not a Piston's fan but damn my head hurts to see this guy still holding on to his job.

Heediot
03-02-2014, 07:02 AM

He was a very good gm for an expansion team. It's close between him and Grundwald as who was better.

Jamiecballer
03-02-2014, 10:05 AM

Very true. He did well here.

KnicksorBust
03-02-2014, 11:39 AM
Let him draft/shmooze and hire an analytics expert to do the rest.

KniCks4LiFe
03-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Good get him away from NY.

we can trade him Tyson for Drummonds and a pick. :hope:

ghettosean
03-02-2014, 12:36 PM

No Glen Grunwald was our best GM before Masai... He drafted Vince and Bosh and put together the best team in the franchises history.

xabial
03-02-2014, 01:42 PM
Isiah Thomas traded away the picks that turned out to be LaMarcus Aldridge (2006 #2 overall), and Joakihm Noah (2007 #9 overall) Gordon Haywerd (2010 #9 overall) for bloated contracts and overpaid veterans that never mixed. He always kept the Knicks in Salary Cap hell, while annually contending in the NBA lottery.

He is a BUM, who does not place any protection on draft picks and treats them like nothing. He is the Worst GM of all time. The Knicks worked hard to suck ***** and get those high lottery picks and he trades them away. **** You Isiah.

Its one thing to be a terrible GM, but he was a terrible person too, as he was found guilty of sexually harassing former marketing employee Anucha Browne-Sanders, later settled for $11.5 million Dollars.

WORST GM OF ALL TIME.

TrueFan420
03-02-2014, 02:22 PM
When will they learn

WITZ
03-02-2014, 03:57 PM
From one **** GM to another :laugh2:

astonmartin10
03-02-2014, 05:22 PM
Haha so they already have one of the worst GMs in the league and they want to replace him with one of the worst GMs ever??? What is in the water in Michigan? Bizarre

FYL_McVeezy
03-02-2014, 05:35 PM
lol, isiah and woodson should really turn things around for them :eyebrow:

Via mitch lawrence/new york daily news

for the love of god please let this come true!!!!!!! Go send that scumbag zeke where he belongs and he can take that turd woodson with him!!!!!!!!

*Kneels and prays to the basketball Gods :hope: *

NBA_Starter
03-02-2014, 09:05 PM
Either this is just a report or they love misery in Detroit.

Chronz
03-02-2014, 09:29 PM
No Glen Grunwald was our best GM before Masai... He drafted Vince and Bosh and put together the best team in the franchises history.
True, you're prolly right but in my defense, if Zeke never gets fired, its likely that Camby and Mighty Mouse stay, Tmac develops earlier and has a better chance of staying as well. I liked the moves he made for them. But yeah, Bosh and Vince are great gets. Tmac was better than both IMO.

DetroitBadBoy
03-02-2014, 09:35 PM
I just don't buy this at all. What's so hard with going out and hiring someone who actually studied business/law and is just an NBA guru? Find someone who would treat this job with the utmost seriousness because it's their dream job. Also, I wouldn't mind someone who loves the Piston's organization.

Zeke did receive his Masters of Education but come on, that's not what you should study if you want to become an NBA gm.

blastmasta26
03-02-2014, 10:09 PM
After his Knicks tenure I don't know why a team would want him.

Deadpool
03-03-2014, 05:34 AM
I don't consider zeke an upgrade by any means. In his early tenure as a gm he drafted great talent like t-Mac, camby, Damon stoudemire, and brought up talent like j.o., and tinsley while coaching the pacers but those days are so far behind him. Isiah and nba front office management go as good together as mustard and ice cream. No good will come out of hiring Thomas, who in his most recent years as a gm draft Renaldo balkman, traded one of the most valuable assts in a unprotected draft pick that belongs to the Utah jazz as of now and his outside antics like his sexual harassment charge and his drug overdose.

As you can see I'm not a big fan of Isaiah and his management skills.

Posted on iPad

MonroeFAN
03-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Go ahead and replace the word "report" with the word "rumor" and move along.

Zero % chance this happens.

RipCity32
03-03-2014, 10:02 AM
"A spokesman for Detroit Pistons owner Tom Gores called a report that the team is wooing Isiah Thomas as its next general manager "absolutely false."

"He is not a candidate for any job with the Pistons," Mark Barnhill wrote about Thomas in an email to MLive.

Barnhill, a partner in Gores' Platinum Equity, wrote that he and Gores had dinner with Thomas a couple weeks ago in Los Angeles but the upcoming Bad Boys reunion "was the sole topic. Period."

ManningToTyree
03-03-2014, 11:49 AM
Haha good stay away from the Knicks and take woody with ya.

east fb knicks
03-03-2014, 03:31 PM
:laugh: good luck

abe_froman
03-03-2014, 03:32 PM
i guess when it rains ,it pours...sorry det fans

therealwd27
03-03-2014, 03:52 PM
I actually like Isaiah, Dumars lasting this long is insane

east fb knicks
03-03-2014, 04:55 PM
I actually like Isaiah, Dumars lasting this long is insane

is that you mr dolan :D

RipCity32
03-03-2014, 05:15 PM
i guess when it rains ,it pours...sorry det fans

It's starting to get bad. It's a huge problem when you have a owner demanding playoffs while he doesn't even know a damn thing about basketball. It looks like Hes finally realizing Dumars doesn't have what it takes to build a team anymore but now he might be interested in one of the few guys that would be a worse GM. I'm just hoping we can bring in a good GM and coach in the offseason, Keep our pick and possibly at the very least trade one of Smith or Jennings. Those two chuckers are absolutly killing us. If we can do that the future will look a little bit brighter. I'm just glad we have Drummond because otherwise I couldn't watch this team right now.

abe_froman
03-03-2014, 05:27 PM
It's starting to get bad. It's a huge problem when you have a owner demanding playoffs while he doesn't even know a damn thing about basketball. It looks like Hes finally realizing Dumars doesn't have what it takes to build a team anymore but now he might be interested in one of the few guys that would be a worse GM. I'm just hoping we can bring in a good GM and coach in the offseason, Keep our pick and possibly at the very least trade one of Smith or Jennings. Those two chuckers are absolutly killing us. If we can do that the future will look a little bit brighter. I'm just glad we have Drummond because otherwise I couldn't watch this team right now.
i know how it feels i had to endure reinsdorf sticking with krause for all those years,chasing phill off(breaking up the dynasty),trading off guys like brand,brad miller,artest.you just have to find something to cling to,some player(like drummond)find other hobbies/sports to help distract you until the owner comes to his senses and gets a better guy to run things