PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Mock Playoffs: IND vs NYK

Shammyguy3
03-01-2014, 08:39 PM
This year the Bulls' Forum held a Mock-Trade deadline game. During this game, due to there being some really bad teams, some rosters were combined with others to increase parity. All teams made the playoffs. Users acted as GMs and tried to improve their team primarily through trade. All players are 100% healthy in these scenarios. So, in a 7-game series which team would win?

2. Indiana
PG: George Hill - Ricky Rubio - Donald Sloan
SG: Lance Stephenson - Victor Oladipo - Rasual Butler
SF: Paul George - Francisco Garcia - Chris Copeland - Solomon Hill
PF: David West - Dejuan Blair - Jeff Ayres
C: Roy Hibbert - Ian Mahinmi

3. New York
PG: Stephen Curry - Raymond Felton - Luke Ridnour
SG: Courtney Lee - JR Smith - Ronnie Brewer
SF: Carmelo Anthony - Metta World Peace
PF: Serge Ibaka- Glen Davis
C: Robin Lopez - Kevin Seraphin

*** Indiana has Home-court advantage

xxplayerxx23
03-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Didn't know the matchup was here would of did a little write up haha. Like my teams floor spacing, more talent IMO,

Shammyguy3
03-01-2014, 11:27 PM
the matchups were posted in the playoff thread :laugh2:

xxplayerxx23
03-02-2014, 02:26 AM
No votes? Can I change my vote to nyk :D

KnicksorBust
03-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Leaning Pacers but very lame that they didnt shake up the starters at all.

xxplayerxx23
03-02-2014, 09:31 AM
Leaning Pacers but very lame that they didnt shake up the starters at all.

Really? I think we have the bigs to slow down Hibbert, and ibaka in the paint will cause penetrates trouble. To beat Indy you need great floor spacing and to crash the boards I feel like I have both

KnicksorBust
03-02-2014, 11:22 AM
Really? I think we have the bigs to slow down Hibbert, and ibaka in the paint will cause penetrates trouble. To beat Indy you need great floor spacing and to crash the boards I feel like I have both

To beat the Knicks team you need to slow down Carmelo (Paul George) and Steph Curry (Hill + Rubio). With Hibbert protecting the rim, Melo had some nightmare games and I look at your bench with hope of some spark to help lighten the load and instead see felton-jr-metta-bigbaby-seraphin and die a little inside.

xxplayerxx23
03-02-2014, 12:09 PM
Curry has been lights out in the playoffs, hill is a solid defender but I still seing curry having his way. Ibaka is also an improved offensive player, pick and rolls and pick and pops with curry and melo and curry and ibaka is deadly. Also lee spreads the floor great. Melo has never had a guy like curry to take the pressure off him. Jr isn't great but could still bring a spark off the bench. Lopez has also increased his level of play this year

king4day
03-02-2014, 12:58 PM
NY has two guys who can nullify the offensive games of Indy's bigs.
This would be a close one but I like the Curry/Melo duo over Indy's actual starters.

xxplayerxx23
03-02-2014, 01:56 PM
Bump

Sadds The Gr8
03-02-2014, 02:02 PM
On my phone so I can't vote but I pick Indy.

TrueFan420
03-02-2014, 02:18 PM
Knicks win this. If currys on theirs no one that can stop and this was said by Lebron himself. Melo finally has support he's never had, another star player and one that's a perfect fit at that. Ibaka, Lopez and Davis is a very solid 3 man rotation. Lee and JR (relegated to bench scorer not 2nd option) is a nice group at SG.

xxplayerxx23
03-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Pretty much agree with truefan

Killerjug
03-02-2014, 02:47 PM
bumping after less than an hour haha

xxplayerxx23
03-02-2014, 02:53 PM
bumping after less than an hour haha

I want more then 6 votes lol

Killerjug
03-02-2014, 03:19 PM
there is over a day left

xxplayerxx23
03-02-2014, 03:44 PM
there is over a day left

Yeah but not a lot of people vote here

aLau10
03-02-2014, 05:09 PM
Sorry Player.... its pretty even but i must say im leaning pacers a bit more. Honestly, kinda lame that KJ didnt move a single unit (almost..) but yeah indy take it in 7

Shammyguy3
03-02-2014, 10:23 PM
This is such a great matchup. That Knicks offense is gnarly, and we all know about the Pacers' defense. Will have to listen to some more debate but I'm leaning NYK

Shammyguy3
03-03-2014, 01:28 PM
bump

xxplayerxx23
03-03-2014, 02:00 PM
We matchup with their bigs and their defense well. We have very good floor spacing they can't just pack the paint. We have 3 very good 3 point shooters. Geroge and lance are very good but inconstant offensively. We want them to handle all the load, curry had an amazing playoff and now having a top 5 year, Ibaka mid range this year is really been great. Not many teams can spread Indy defense out like this

KnicksorBust
03-03-2014, 03:42 PM
Curry has been lights out in the playoffs, hill is a solid defender but I still seing curry having his way. Ibaka is also an improved offensive player, pick and rolls and pick and pops with curry and melo and curry and ibaka is deadly. Also lee spreads the floor great. Melo has never had a guy like curry to take the pressure off him. Jr isn't great but could still bring a spark off the bench. Lopez has also increased his level of play this year

Understatement of the season.

I went Indy. The real life Pacers are just too good right now for this team not to beat a Melo-Curry team with no bench.

xxplayerxx23
03-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Understatement of the season.

I went Indy. The real life Pacers are just too good right now for this team not to beat a Melo-Curry team with no bench.

How you are underestimating ibaka. 8 man rotation come playoff time anyway. It's not just curry melo. Ibaka is a very good player, lee has been great in Memphis. Lopez has been great all year

KnicksorBust
03-03-2014, 05:34 PM
How you are underestimating ibaka. 8 man rotation come playoff time anyway. It's not just curry melo. Ibaka is a very good player, lee has been great in Memphis. Lopez has been great all year

That's twice I've referenced your bench as being hot garbage and your reply this time is that I'm underestimating Ibaka? You bring the phrase "when you don't like what people are saying, change the subject" to life.

xxplayerxx23
03-03-2014, 05:47 PM
That's twice I've referenced your bench as being hot garbage and your reply this time is that I'm underestimating Ibaka? You bring the phrase "when you don't like what people are saying, change the subject" to life.

No you keep saying a melo/curry team as if I don't have support around them. Felton can handle 12 mins a night, jr smith is still a player that can score. Davis is still a decent player. Good floor spacing beats a good defense any day.

KnicksorBust
03-03-2014, 05:58 PM
No you keep saying a melo/curry team as if I don't have support around them. Felton can handle 12 mins a night, jr smith is still a player that can score. Davis is still a decent player. Good floor spacing beats a good defense any day.

I said a "Melo/Curry" team once and that's because they are your two best players. What did you want me to say...? A balanced roster? Because you don't have that. Felton can't handle 12 minutes per night. Rubio/Oladipo will absolutely demolish him. JR Smith can still score? You actually want him to shoot the ball? He's one of the least efficient players in the NBA and you called him your "spark" off the bench. Davis is "decent" yet just a few days ago he was floating around on waivers... All weak and unconvincing responses. You did a great job on the starters but you ran into a team just as talented and cohesive with their starting 5 and you get run off the court when the subs come in the game.

Ill21
03-03-2014, 05:59 PM
I went with the knicks

Both of their bigs match up well with indy
Plus that Melo and Curry scoring duo :drool:

The_Jamal
03-03-2014, 06:16 PM
How the **** did XX put that knicks team together w/o trading Melo?

unleashthebeast
03-03-2014, 06:25 PM
We combined the Wizards and the Knicks but still, pretty good

Kaner
03-03-2014, 06:55 PM
Knicks play their starters 48 minutes and sweep.

Shammyguy3
03-04-2014, 01:39 AM
Indiana advances