PDA

View Full Version : Danny Granger to Clippers!

Seahawker562
02-28-2014, 02:32 PM
So where do the Clippers rank now in the Western conference? I think this signing can put them right over the hump they have been on for the past 3 seasons. Thoughts?!

GO CLIPPERS :clap: In Blake We Trust

NoahH
02-28-2014, 02:33 PM
Clippers will greatly enjoy Granger's 35% shooting

Clippersfan86
02-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Clippers will greatly enjoy Granger's 35% shooting

I doubt they are expecting a good shooter. What they are expecting is defense and rebounding, where he's still an upgrade over Barnes and Dudley. A veteran guy who can fill in at SG/SF with all of our injuries and be a classy vet. In fact he's posting some of the best defensive figures of his entire career this year, to go with the worst offensive ones.

We have enough scoring obviously as the number 2 offense in the league (not far from overtaking Portland). If we can get healthy by season end we will easily be the best offense. Don't need Granger to score even 10 ppg.. as long as he does everything else.

Seahawker562
02-28-2014, 02:52 PM
I doubt they are expecting a good shooter. What they are expecting is defense and rebounding, where he's still an upgrade over Barnes and Dudley. A veteran guy who can fill in at SG/SF with all of our injuries and be a classy vet. In fact he's posting some of the best defensive figures of his entire career this year, to go with the worst offensive ones.

We have enough scoring obviously as the number 2 offense in the league (not far from overtaking Portland). If we can get healthy by season end we will easily be the best offense. Don't need Granger to score even 10 ppg.. as long as he does everything else.

Agreed, thats the beauty of it, he wont need to be a scoring machine to help us. Just stick to your strengths and play good defense.

PG- CP3
SG- JJ Redick/Crawford
SF- Danny Granger
PF- Blake Griffin
C- DJ

That is a nasty starting lineup! (assuming that is the rotation they decide to use)

Clippersfan86
02-28-2014, 02:56 PM
CP3/Collison
Redick/Crawford
Granger/Barnes/Dudley
Griffin/Hedo
DJ/Davis

Is on paper easily the best rotation in the NBA if healthy IMO. The problem is we never ARE healthy so it's pointless to debate "on paper". But no other team has two quality players at every single position, including backups who were starters this year or last.

Seahawker562
02-28-2014, 02:59 PM
Yep, its been that way for as long as I can remember, but I keep hearing we have one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in the league so im not quite sure what it is that makes our players so injury prone. If we can get healthy come playoff time I think we stand a very good chance of making it to Western Conference finals.

Clippersfan86
02-28-2014, 03:01 PM
Yep, its been that way for as long as I can remember, but I keep hearing we have one of the best strength and conditioning coaches in the league so im not quite sure what it is that makes our players so injury prone. If we can get healthy come playoff time I think we stand a very good chance of making it to Western Conference finals.

Well apparently the Phoenix Suns staff.. told Grant Hill... that the Clippers training staff was elite and on par with themselves. As you said though, it doesn't add up because our guys are regularly misdiagnosed, out way longer than they should be and getting injured far too frequently in bogus ways.

Joshtd1
02-28-2014, 03:05 PM
Personally don't see Granger as a difference maker to be honest. Good as a backup 3 and maybe could be a decent small ball PF in certain matchups. Don't think he'll put a team over the top though based from what I've seen this year

Clippersfan86
02-28-2014, 03:11 PM
Personally don't see Granger as a difference maker to be honest. Good as a backup 3 and maybe could be a decent small ball PF in certain matchups. Don't think he'll put a team over the top though based from what I've seen this year

Lol how many late season signing, role players put teams over the top? It's going to come down to the team taking defense more seriously, not role players as much. When the Clippers lock in on D.. they are elite.. problem is they only do it a few minutes a game. Defensive consistency is everything for this team.

Kushed
02-28-2014, 03:14 PM
The Clippers are a pure example of a team that thinks they can buy a championship.

I hope they crash and burn in the first round.

Goose17
02-28-2014, 03:17 PM
I hope the Clips aren't seriously considering starting Granger.

Clippersfan86
02-28-2014, 03:17 PM
The Clippers are a pure example of a team that thinks they can buy a championship.

I hope they crash and burn in the first round.

Griffin- Drafted
Jordan- Drafted (2nd round mind you)
CP3- Traded all of team assets for besides Griffin
Redick- Traded BLEDSOE for
Doc- Traded a first round pick for

That's the core of our team..... the Clippers aren't just buying a bunch of players like the Yankees lmao. Everything we've acquired, we've sacrificed big for. Hell even Griffin being drafted.. we traded Zbo for literally PEANUTS.. just to clear space for his minutes.

EO1984
02-28-2014, 03:18 PM
CP3/Collison
Redick/Crawford
Granger/Barnes/Dudley
Griffin/Hedo
DJ/Davis

Is on paper easily the best rotation in the NBA if healthy IMO. The problem is we never ARE healthy so it's pointless to debate "on paper". But no other team has two quality players at every single position, including backups who were starters this year or last.

Um, How about the Pacers who upgraded Danny Granger's spot? Pacers have the best roation in the NBA. You literally took the Pacers garbage and inserted it into your starting lineup and you want to say the Clippers have the best rotation? OK.

abe_froman
02-28-2014, 03:19 PM
they're ranked whereever they were ranked before.granger wont be a starter,this isnt 2007,but it is a nice depth move

Joshtd1
02-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Lol how many late season signing, role players put teams over the top? It's going to come down to the team taking defense more seriously, not role players as much. When the Clippers lock in on D.. they are elite.. problem is they only do it a few minutes a game. Defensive consistency is everything for this team.

Well I was mainly answering the OP because he said he thought it would put the Clippers over the hump..which I disagree with. It'll be as far as BG/CP takes them. Think he'll be solid depth, but not a difference maker, that's all.

Clippersfan86
02-28-2014, 03:21 PM
Um, How about the Pacers who upgraded Danny Granger's spot? Pacers have the best roation in the NBA. You literally took the Pacers garbage and inserted it into your starting lineup and you want to say the Clippers have the best rotation? OK.

Lol.. how in the hell is it "garbage"? More like Stephenson is blowing up into an all star caliber player in his prime and George emerged into a superstar. The Clippers have hands down the best PG/SG starter bench combo in the NBA. No other team I can think of has 3 even "decent" SF's. Then whoever Davis backs up (Griffin or Jordan) makes up an elite PF or C combo. Bottom line is the Clippers are loaded with talent.

Although they were last year too and we saw what happened. Bottom line is talent on a sheet of paper means nothing.

Goose17
02-28-2014, 03:23 PM
No other team I can think of has 3 even "decent" SF's.

Ahem...

NYKnickFanatic
02-28-2014, 03:29 PM
CP3/Collison
Redick/Crawford
Granger/Barnes/Dudley
Griffin/Hedo
DJ/Davis

Uh oh, homer alert.

Clippersfan86
02-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Ahem...

Oops. Sorry ;). In my defense I did say that I can think of lol. I would give the edge to Iggy/Barnes/Green for sure at SF.

Joshtd1
02-28-2014, 03:32 PM
Iggy and Barnes are solid. Green sucks IMO

Pacerlive
02-28-2014, 03:39 PM
No one is taking an 11 man rotation into the playoffs so its a moot point IMO.

Granger can do some things pretty well and the most important one is defending the bigger 3's and some 4's. Hedo has always sucked at that so depending on the matchup I think you can trot out Granger and he can hold his own and he already proved himself against Blake this year when David West got a flagarant 2 for an elbow at the half.

FWIW Granger held his opponents to a fg% of 30%.

Goose17
02-28-2014, 03:45 PM
Iggy and Barnes are solid. Green sucks IMO

Why do you think Green sucks?

I love him, he gives it 110% every time he's on the floor, all heart and hustle. Also, he's probably our third best defender (behind Bogut and Andre)

Is it just because of his inability to shoot a 3 despite taking a bucket load of them? lol

Goose17
02-28-2014, 03:46 PM
Oops. Sorry ;). In my defense I did say that I can think of lol. I would give the edge to Iggy/Barnes/Green for sure at SF.

lol, and don't forget Klay plays the 3 when we go small.

You guys are stacked though, I'll give you that. I just wonder what happens in the playoffs, most teams go for an 8 or 9 man rotation, who is seeing their minutes drop then?

Clippersfan86
02-28-2014, 03:46 PM

Granger can do some things pretty well and the most important one is defending the bigger 3's and some 4's. Hedo has always sucked at that so depending on the matchup I think you can trot out Granger and he can hold his own and he already proved himself against Blake this year when David West got a flagarant 2 for an elbow at the half.

FWIW Granger held his opponents to a fg% of 30%.

Thanks for the inside man. Wow I didn't know he was THAT good on D, this year, just knew it was one of his better defenisve years. Do you think the terrible offensive efficiency is just him regressing? Or is there a legit reason for it?

EO1984
02-28-2014, 03:47 PM

Pacers won't roll with 11, they'll roll with 9.

Hill/Watson
Stephenson/Turner
George/Turner
West/Scola
Hibbert/Bynum

Obviously Bynum is still a question mark but he is going to start getting minutes in a few weeks.... but tell me again that its a moot point and the Pacers don't have the best rotation in basketball.

Clippersfan86
02-28-2014, 03:47 PM
lol, and don't forget Klay plays the 3 when we go small.

You guys are stacked though, I'll give you that. I just wonder what happens in the playoffs, most teams go for an 8 or 9 man rotation, who is seeing their minutes drop then?

I'm hoping for..

CP3/Collison/Redick/Crawford/Barnes/Granger/Griffin/Jordan/Davis for a 9 man rotation. Hedo/Dudley can fill in if needed but those guys should be our workhorses.

Goose17
02-28-2014, 03:48 PM
At this point Granger is more or less a guy you throw into the game for defense. Not much else.

Jamiecballer
02-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Lol.. how in the hell is it "garbage"? More like Stephenson is blowing up into an all star caliber player in his prime and George emerged into a superstar. The Clippers have hands down the best PG/SG starter bench combo in the NBA. No other team I can think of has 3 even "decent" SF's. Then whoever Davis backs up (Griffin or Jordan) makes up an elite PF or C combo. Bottom line is the Clippers are loaded with talent.

Although they were last year too and we saw what happened. Bottom line is talent on a sheet of paper means nothing.

He's right. Granger is garbage right now. It might be a worthwhile acquisition for the long haul though.

Joshtd1
02-28-2014, 03:53 PM
Why do you think Green sucks?

I love him, he gives it 110% every time he's on the floor, all heart and hustle. Also, he's probably our third best defender (behind Bogut and Andre)

Is it just because of his inability to shoot a 3 despite taking a bucket load of them? lol

I just don't care much for his game. He can't shoot a lick, doesn't seem to have much offensive skill. I've never been impressed with his D when I've seen him play, seems he gets scored on a lot whenever I've watched. I remember when I was in Oakland last year during game 6 of the playoffs, I was happy he was in there in place of Landry. Him and Jack seemed to always kill us

YoungOne
02-28-2014, 03:58 PM
since when is granger a better defender than barnes or dudley!?

he is signed to shoot and score from the wing, if he can provide it anymore is the question..

Clippersfan86
02-28-2014, 04:03 PM

he is signed to shoot and score from the wing, if he can provide it anymore is the question..

Lol. Have you watched the Clippers at all dude? Dudley is ATROCIOUS on D this year and Barnes is mediocre and inconsistent on D.

Goose17
02-28-2014, 04:05 PM
I just don't care much for his game. He can't shoot a lick, doesn't seem to have much offensive skill. I've never been impressed with his D when I've seen him play, seems he gets scored on a lot whenever I've watched. I remember when I was in Oakland last year during game 6 of the playoffs, I was happy he was in there in place of Landry. Him and Jack seemed to always kill us

I think he's one of those players that doesn't fill the box score, so unless you're watching him play a lot, you don't really appreciate the things that he does. He's my favourite Warrior, and it's not even close. He's all effort, he's the only guy I've seen this season that's come out and given it 110% every single game.

First of all... You're wrong about his defense. He's a high caliber defender, there's no two ways around it. He spends most of his time at the PF these days, where he his per48 stats have him holding opponents to .46%, forcing 3.3 turnovers on average and only 15.7 PER (only 0.7 above the league average). At the SF he holds guys to a per of 12.0 (3.0 below the average). He's 15th in DRtg for the entire league.

When he's on the court, opponents score an eFG% of 48.6% and when he's on the bench, opponents score an eFG% of 53.4%

As for offense, he can't shoot, but he's improving, remember he's only a sophomore. And he attacks the rim pretty well when he actually makes an attempt at it, he just doesn't do it often enough. His offense is weak, I want to see him attack the rim more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iINTOdfI-E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iINTOdfI-E

Goose17
02-28-2014, 04:06 PM

Granger is MUCH better defensively than those two. And he can't shoot for spit, he's been awful this season offensively. If they signed him for shooting then they made a mistake.

SeoulBeatz
02-28-2014, 04:16 PM
Lol. Have you watched the Clippers at all dude? Dudley is ATROCIOUS on D this year and Barnes is mediocre and inconsistent on D.

True but everything I'm hearing from Pacers fans is that Granger's knees are shot and he is a complete liability on defense now. He was once a guy who could easily get you 2 steals and a block per game in his prime, but those days are long gone.

I've watched some of Granger's games from this season on youtube and it looks like his knee joints are locked in place. He runs like Chris Webber did on the Sixers when his knees had nothing left in them.

He is a grounded spot-shooter from here on out. Which could be exactly what the clippers are looking for because all he can do at this point is (hopefully) spread the floor but if they're looking for a defender at the wing than this signing will backfire.

blahblahyoutoo
02-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Uh oh, homer alert.

clippersfan86 is the biggest homer on PSD.
everybody knows this.

PurpleLynch
02-28-2014, 04:24 PM
Could be useful for the Clippers in their playoff run. But far from putting them in the top 3(Miami,Okc,Pacers not in a specific order).

koreancabbage
02-28-2014, 04:33 PM
Granger doesn't do much nowadays, so I don't see how he will help them. I don't even think he gets off the bench for the playoffs once they see how bad/ much of a liability he's become.

leprechaun5
02-28-2014, 04:36 PM
Clippers need to worry about redick's health ,Granger isn't replacing him

Clippersfan86
02-28-2014, 05:19 PM
True but everything I'm hearing from Pacers fans is that Granger's knees are shot and he is a complete liability on defense now. He was once a guy who could easily get you 2 steals and a block per game in his prime, but those days are long gone.

I've watched some of Granger's games from this season on youtube and it looks like his knee joints are locked in place. He runs like Chris Webber did on the Sixers when his knees had nothing left in them.

He is a grounded spot-shooter from here on out. Which could be exactly what the clippers are looking for because all he can do at this point is (hopefully) spread the floor but if they're looking for a defender at the wing than this signing will backfire.

Huh? Pacerslive just mentioned his D as still being elite.

Clippersfan86
02-28-2014, 05:19 PM
clippersfan86 is the biggest homer on PSD.
everybody knows this.

Not once have I set otherworthly opinions of Clippers players. Everything I've predicted has pretty much come true. Everybody I "hype" most people are surprised to find out my expectations of those players match theirs mostly.

Pacerlive
02-28-2014, 05:39 PM
Pacers won't roll with 11, they'll roll with 9.

Hill/Watson
Stephenson/Turner
George/Turner
West/Scola
Hibbert/Bynum

Obviously Bynum is still a question mark but he is going to start getting minutes in a few weeks.... but tell me again that its a moot point and the Pacers don't have the best rotation in basketball.
You missed the point of my post. I think its moot to compare every teams 4 to 5 wing rotation when it will get cut down to 3 on nearly every single team in the playoffs.

So yes I think the Pacers are right up there with the rest of the championship level teams when it comes to their wing rotation.

Pacerlive
02-28-2014, 05:46 PM
Thanks for the inside man. Wow I didn't know he was THAT good on D, this year, just knew it was one of his better defenisve years. Do you think the terrible offensive efficiency is just him regressing? Or is there a legit reason for it?
His offensive efficiency to me is rust rather than being done as a player. When he got back into the rotation this year there was no word that his knees were giving him big problems or anything.

His 3 ball looks flatter than normal but thats about it. To me he needs to get comfortable in his role and my bet is that his 3 point shooting will come back to him. Time will tell.

WARRIORS@GR
02-28-2014, 05:49 PM
CP3/Collison
Redick/Crawford
Granger/Barnes/Dudley
Griffin/Hedo
DJ/Davis

Is on paper easily the best rotation in the NBA if healthy IMO. The problem is we never ARE healthy so it's pointless to debate "on paper". But no other team has two quality players at every single position, including backups who were starters this year or last.Glen Davis and Hedo Turkoglu are not remotely close to being 'quality players'.Other than that,i agree the Clippers look preety stacked right now.I would still take the Pacers rotation over the Clippers though.

Pacerlive
02-28-2014, 05:51 PM
His offensive efficiency to me is rust rather than being done as a player. When he got back into the rotation this year there was no word that his knees were giving him big problems or anything.

His 3 ball looks flatter than normal but thats about it. To me he needs to get comfortable in his role and my bet is that his 3 point shooting will come back to him. Time will tell.

Huh? Pacerslive just mentioned his D as still being elite.
His defense outside of his rookie year was never elite but this year there was a noticeable change in it.

He has become really good at defending guys in the post up becuase he can reach around a poke the ball away and anticipate the spin move. He will suprise you with his strength but he will frustrate you if he has to handle the ball much on a pnr or drive to the basket. I haven't watched much Hedo this year but to me he is a better player than him and can make his FT's which is important for the Clippers.

numba1CHANGsta
02-28-2014, 06:13 PM
The Clippers have a 3 year window to win the championship cuz by 2016 the Lakers will be back on top :D

sunsfan88
02-28-2014, 06:17 PM
CP3/Collison
Redick/Crawford
Granger/Barnes/Dudley
Griffin/Hedo
DJ/Davis

Redick has never been healthy his whole career, why do you expect him to be healthy now?

Vinylman
02-28-2014, 06:45 PM
He's right. Granger is garbage right now. It might be a worthwhile acquisition for the long haul though.

how? is he gonna play for the minimum next year or the mini-mle? They don't have his bird rights. He is an 8-10 week rental

mdm692
02-28-2014, 08:20 PM
This is going to be great for 2k14. Clips are my new fav team to play with lol.

Tblaze
02-28-2014, 08:31 PM
Granger is a good defender?? Never knew that, thought he was quite bad..

PacersForLife
02-28-2014, 08:47 PM

Only thing he was good at after returning.

Jamiecballer
02-28-2014, 09:05 PM
how? is he gonna play for the minimum next year or the mini-mle? They don't have his bird rights. He is an 8-10 week rental

i don't know. i'm sure the market for him is going to be pretty weak. i'm just saying he might be a decent buy low candidate but for a contending team it makes no sense because he clearly has a lot of work to get back to that player.

Hawkeye15
02-28-2014, 09:09 PM
he adds a little depth, but at the end of the day, Paul and Griffin need to play great to win in the playoffs. This looks like it might be the first time Griffin enters the playoffs healthy, which bodes very well. Paul is a proven beast in the playoffs. Role players just need to play their role. Reddick needs to hit jumpers, Barnes needs to defend, Jordan needs to protect the paint and rebound, and the bench will be shortened come playoff time, they simply need to hold leads.

The Clippers can make the finals imo. They are getting healthy at the right time, which we all know is so important.

Hawkeye15
02-28-2014, 09:10 PM
Only thing he was good at after returning.

because Vogel won't play you if you don't defend, and he had great defenders/scheme around him. I don't think he is a very good individual defender, but he may be working harder on that end now since he is relegated to role player status. Guess we will see..

PacersForLife
02-28-2014, 09:57 PM
because Vogel won't play you if you don't defend, and he had great defenders/scheme around him. I don't think he is a very good individual defender, but he may be working harder on that end now since he is relegated to role player status. Guess we will see..

Yeah, I would agree with you. I guess I would say defense is what he was best at just because he wasn't good at anything else. He looked his best defensively when guarding PF's.

Chronz
03-01-2014, 02:39 AM
Redick has never been healthy his whole career, why do you expect him to be healthy now?

Because hes never been this unhealthy.

Chronz
03-01-2014, 02:41 AM

He has a pretty good reputation and has been pretty good in years past, hes prolly declined some but you dont lose your smarts defensively, he picked up some things from Artest when he was a rookie.

Chronz
03-01-2014, 02:48 AM
Granger is MUCH better defensively than those two. And he can't shoot for spit, he's been awful this season offensively. If they signed him for shooting then they made a mistake.

Hes a decent shooter, hes a **** finisher IMO.

P&GRealist
03-01-2014, 03:44 AM
Paul-Reddick-Granger-Griffin-Jordan should be the starting 5 heading into the playoffs.

Then you have Collison, Barnes, Fat Baby, JCrawford and maybe Dudley off the bench.

That's beautiful.

Chronz
03-01-2014, 04:20 AM
Paul-Reddick-Granger-Griffin-Jordan should be the starting 5 heading into the playoffs.

Then you have Collison, Barnes, Fat Baby, JCrawford and maybe Dudley off the bench.

That's beautiful.

I fear that Reddick may be done for the year. Our bench is getting better but only if Reddick comes back healthy. Griffin and DJ still have ALOT to prove come playoffs.

5ass
03-01-2014, 05:09 AM
Redick going down knocks them out of my list of teams that i think could make the finals.

MrfadeawayJB
03-01-2014, 10:06 AM
Anything less than a wcf appearance is a failure for this team IMO. Especially since they should be able to avoid their kryptonite Memphis grizz in the first round

kylem4711
03-01-2014, 05:22 PM
Redick going down knocks them out of my list of teams that i think could make the finals.

yeah, most clipper fans are pretty scared that JJ wont come back

kylem4711
03-01-2014, 05:23 PM
Anything less than a wcf appearance is a failure for this team IMO. Especially since they should be able to avoid their kryptonite Memphis grizz in the first round

we are 1 to 1 in playoff series. i definitely think memphis is confident against the clippers, but still believe the clippers could win a series against them. i am more scared of the spurs

MrfadeawayJB
03-01-2014, 05:45 PM

we are 1 to 1 in playoff series. i definitely think memphis is confident against the clippers, but still believe the clippers could win a series against them. i am more scared of the spurs

Yes I'm just saying if Memphis is in the playoffs most teams would rather play the suns, warriors, or Mavs than the grizz. Honestly the spurs and thunder are the only teams above and beyond in the west

LA_Raiders
03-01-2014, 11:08 PM
Good sign!

ombada
03-01-2014, 11:29 PM
CP3/Collison
Redick/Crawford
Granger/Barnes/Dudley
Griffin/Hedo
DJ/Davis

Easily? remember he was a back-up on the Pacers.

Hill/Watson
Stephenson/Turner
George/Butler/Copeland
West /Scola
Hibbert/Mahinmi

GSW have a great line-up as do Memphis and Portland. Spurs are getting Healthy, OKC is super solid, you can never deny the Heat.

'easily' is easily a ridiculous overstatement.

Phenom1
03-02-2014, 12:41 AM
I'm hoping for..

CP3/Collison/Redick/Crawford/Barnes/Granger/Griffin/Jordan/Davis for a 9 man rotation. Hedo/Dudley can fill in if needed but those guys should be our workhorses.

what happened to dudley? he used to be decent when he was in phoenix. and btw how did sasha vujacic looked for u guys? i missed him on the lakers haha

Chronz
03-02-2014, 01:34 AM

Id much rather play them than our current first round opponent.

And how is it kryptonite when we've already defeated them?

sunsfan88
03-02-2014, 03:34 AM
Because hes never been this unhealthy.

He's a very injury prone player. You should have seen this coming.

I will tell you now itself that he will miss at least 20 games next season too.

MonroeFAN
03-02-2014, 07:31 AM
Glen Davis and Hedo Turkoglu are not remotely close to being 'quality players'.Other than that,i agree the Clippers look preety stacked right now.I would still take the Pacers rotation over the Clippers though.

This is seems like a foolish statement. Glen Davis a great back up option. I don't really care about the Granger addition (it won't hurt them) but Davis was a big move I think.

Clippersfan86
03-02-2014, 01:19 PM
Glen Davis has been flat out outstanding off the bench in two games. Like changing the hell out of games. To say he won't help is dumb. There has been zero drop off when DJ goes to the bench, which is amazing. Before when DJ went to the bench we gave up huge runs.

Redick IS 100 percent vital for a finals push. He's our only always reliable shooter. Barnes/Crawford/Green/Dudley are all very streaky. Our only hope to compensate is Reggie Bullock, our rookie who had 11 last night and knocked down a few 3's. Doc is finally playing the kid out of necessity.

Jamiecballer
03-02-2014, 01:33 PM
Glen Davis has been flat out outstanding off the bench in two games. Like changing the hell out of games. To say he won't help is dumb. There has been zero drop off when DJ goes to the bench, which is amazing. Before when DJ went to the bench we gave up huge runs.

and you got all that out of 2 games huh?

Clippersfan86
03-02-2014, 01:40 PM
Players with a game based on effort and hustle don't merely fizz out. He's not even scoring, so nothing fluky is occuring. It's all effort on D/R

Jamiecballer
03-02-2014, 01:43 PM
Players with a game based on effort and hustle don't merely fizz out. He's not even scoring, so nothing fluky is occuring. It's all effort on D/R

that's good. if he keeps that up then i can see how he can help.

Clippersfan86
03-02-2014, 01:58 PM
His screens and boxing out are awesome haha. Multiple times a game he's leveled a player on a boxout or screen. Cracked me up when a guard went for a rebound over Glen and went flying like a piece of paper when they collided.

Chronz
03-02-2014, 03:06 PM
He's a very injury prone player. You should have seen this coming.

I will tell you now itself that he will miss at least 20 games next season too.
I should have seen a career high in missed games? Why exactly should I have seen that coming? Does he have a history of back problems (honest question)?

Just because hes injury prone doesn't mean we cant expect him to have a typical Reddick season.

NBA_Starter
03-02-2014, 10:04 PM
If he can stay healthy then nice add.

jacquewho?
03-02-2014, 10:24 PM
If the Clips envision him as a starting SF who can give them 30+ minutes a night, they are gonna have to be real careful and monitor his knees. Hasn't played a near full season since '11-'12, so stamina and durability is going to be the biggest question. You could definitely tell he is a step slower than what he once was, but defensively he is still solid. To be a true 6th man guy though, IDK. I think that's why Larry ultimately decided to trade him away, despite denying that he would at the start of the season.

I wish him all the best and hope he can improve his shooting #'s.

cmellofan15
03-02-2014, 10:29 PM
I feel like they can give him the Wade treatment and let him rest. They are fine without him so I think they can give him some leeway to play whenever he's feeling it. and I think they can be better with him as long as he stays healthy and they monitor him closely for the next few months.