View Full Version : Playoff Standings

Pages : [1] 2

SA5195
02-28-2014, 11:45 AM
3RD PLACE!

Bring it on Nets :cool:

ChongInc.
02-28-2014, 03:30 PM
Basically any matchup outside of Miami is gonna be a great fight.

SA5195
03-01-2014, 01:27 AM
Toronto & CHI are currently tied for 3rd

CHI won 100-91.

siix
03-02-2014, 12:19 PM
we are so lucky the east is a ****** conference realistically were a 6th or 7th place team

SA5195
03-02-2014, 01:21 PM
Bulls have an easier schedule :(

BALLER R
03-02-2014, 01:45 PM
its amazing that based on record every team in the east except miami and Indy wouldn't make the playoffs in the west.

jsumadchat
03-02-2014, 03:54 PM
damn. with this win the bulls are temporarily in sole possession of third now. and we have GSW. their sched is dirt easy down the stretch and it is going to be tight. our and their april are looking like 6 game win streaks for both teams to close out the year.... will be fun!

MoneyBall20
03-02-2014, 04:22 PM
It don't matter if chicago passes us,raptors are still 3rd seed by Division Standings.
Chicago won't catch Indiana,Indiana is up 13 games..lol..
Right now we would be playing Brooklyn,yikes..don't want 2 play them,charlotte and atlanta right there,hopefully those 2 teams sneak in 2 play the raptors first round.

mjt20mik
03-02-2014, 04:42 PM
I think we end up 4th. Chicago has just been on a tear.

jsumadchat
03-02-2014, 04:58 PM
It don't matter if chicago passes us,raptors are still 3rd seed by Division Standings.
Right now we would be playing Brooklyn,yikes..don't want 2 play them,charlotte and atlanta right there,hopefully those 2 teams sneak in 2 play the raptors first round.

what do you mean exactly? it doesnt matter if we win the divison, we can still end up with the fourth seed.

dtmagnet
03-02-2014, 05:45 PM

Division winner is only guaranteed a top 4 spot.

jsumadchat
03-02-2014, 07:28 PM
and the raptors keep pace with the bulls. too bad we dont face em again this season. would be fireworks!

SA5195
03-02-2014, 08:18 PM
We dodged a bullet with a W tonight!

jsumadchat
03-03-2014, 10:58 PM
HEEEELLLLLLLOOOOOO BROOOOKKKKLYNNNNNNN.

the nets destroy the bulls at barclay's to give the raps a 0.5 gm lead back. :)

mjt20mik
03-03-2014, 11:40 PM
Thank you Brooklyn

SA5195
03-04-2014, 01:15 AM
Wohoo thank you Brooklyn :dance:

Tmath
03-04-2014, 02:19 AM
Wohoo thank you Brooklyn :dance:

That game was a lose/lose for the Raptors.

I Rock Shaqs
03-04-2014, 11:14 AM

Yea the whole time I couldn't figure out who I wanted to lose, but I would have to say Brooklyn would have been my choice.

Bob_at_york
03-04-2014, 02:27 PM
I was reading something last night, our magic number for making the playoffs is 14.

Kinglorious
03-04-2014, 04:06 PM
You have to wonder how much higher up the Raps would be in the standings if they had began the season with the team they have now... Could maybe have 38 or 39 wins instead of 33. The team clawed its way back.

canzano55
03-04-2014, 07:39 PM
You have to wonder how much higher up the Raps would be in the standings if they had began the season with the team they have now... Could maybe have 38 or 39 wins instead of 33. The team clawed its way back.I know - I think about that all the time.

jsumadchat
03-04-2014, 07:42 PM
You have to wonder how much higher up the Raps would be in the standings if they had began the season with the team they have now... Could maybe have 38 or 39 wins instead of 33. The team clawed its way back.

i dont know if that's what would have happened. ideally, sure. but you got the sense that early on the all around vibe was just too damn complacent and a move HAD to be made for these guys to get it. demar and lowry, the two guys who have carried us, have only gotten EXPONENTIALLY better since the deal.

SA5195
03-05-2014, 01:32 AM

I think our record would be around that even with the trade happening mid-season, since the refs literally did **** us over a few games

punkz
03-05-2014, 05:35 AM
i dont know if that's what would have happened. ideally, sure. but you got the sense that early on the all around vibe was just too damn complacent and a move HAD to be made for these guys to get it. demar and lowry, the two guys who have carried us, have only gotten EXPONENTIALLY better since the deal.

Totally Agree.

Having talent is one thing, but knowing and believing that you are special is a totally different matter. It took quite a big shake up for these guys to realize/believe that collectively, they are more talented than most of teams in the NBA.

koreancabbage
03-05-2014, 09:54 AM
just shows Rudy Gay is overrated as hell.

Sac Town can't even get to a .500 record and I believe they have a lot more "talent" on the floor than the Raptors.

and with Terrence Ross as an emerging 3rd option from the outside - I would think thats the case with comparing the growth of JVal versus T Ross - Ross can flat out score if the Raps ever decide to run any plays mid to late game for him. I find that they forget about Ross for most games even if he is doing an amazing job defending opposing teams best wing player.

Probably still need a starting calibre big man who can rebound like a Millsap type who can provide some consistent scoring up front (i'm sorry for bringing this up again but Bosh fits that scenario but financially speaking we can't afford him most likely) Amir/Patterson has shown nothing more than being great bench players/ spot starters on a playoff team with their hard work.

can't wait for the playoffs though. I wanted to tank but its too late now - gotta enjoy what is given in front of you and make the best of it!

I WANT PLAYOFF TICKETS!!!! never been to one!

Sadds The Gr8
03-05-2014, 02:59 PM

not really I don't think Brooklyn's gonna catch us. I think we end up 4th behind Chicago tho

deaner
03-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Josh Lewenberg: Casey wants to get DeRozan/Lowry's mins down a tad over the final 6 weeks, acknowledges that won't be easy w/ games becoming more meaningful Twitter @JLew1050

Josh Lewenberg: Casey also says he'd like to find more PT for De Colo, likely at the 2 or 3 alongside a PG, says it'll be important to find the right combos Twitter @JLew1050

Tmath
03-05-2014, 10:31 PM
not really I don't think Brooklyn's gonna catch us. I think we end up 4th behind Chicago tho

Brooklyn about to win big against Memphis tonight.

Bob_at_york
03-06-2014, 08:09 AM
Pistons lost. Our magic number has gone down.

B2B
03-06-2014, 09:41 AM
just shows Rudy Gay is overrated as hell.

Sac Town can't even get to a .500 record and I believe they have a lot more "talent" on the floor than the Raptors.

and with Terrence Ross as an emerging 3rd option from the outside - I would think thats the case with comparing the growth of JVal versus T Ross - Ross can flat out score if the Raps ever decide to run any plays mid to late game for him. I find that they forget about Ross for most games even if he is doing an amazing job defending opposing teams best wing player.

Probably still need a starting calibre big man who can rebound like a Millsap type who can provide some consistent scoring up front (i'm sorry for bringing this up again but Bosh fits that scenario but financially speaking we can't afford him most likely) Amir/Patterson has shown nothing more than being great bench players/ spot starters on a playoff team with their hard work.

can't wait for the playoffs though. I wanted to tank but its too late now - gotta enjoy what is given in front of you and make the best of it!

I WANT PLAYOFF TICKETS!!!! never been to one!

Sacramento has a poor defensive makeup. One player is not going to change that, there is reason they were shopping Thomas for Rondo.

Undersized PG, poor defenders at SG/PF, Gay is arguably an average defender at SF, topped off by the anchor Cousins, who's a lazy defender. They have 3 players averaging 20ppg.

killersweet
03-06-2014, 06:52 PM
Josh Lewenberg: Casey wants to get DeRozan/Lowry's mins down a tad over the final 6 weeks, acknowledges that won't be easy w/ games becoming more meaningful Twitter @JLew1050

Josh Lewenberg: Casey also says he'd like to find more PT for De Colo, likely at the 2 or 3 alongside a PG, says it'll be important to find the right combos Twitter @JLew1050

well, as long as raps can keep the 4th spot, I wouldn't mind cutting the mins for lowry and DD. But it would be mighty hard to win games without them playing significant mins.

jsumadchat
03-06-2014, 07:58 PM
i dont think i would mind taking the 4th seed. assuming indy finishes off in 1st, i think we have a better shot against them than miami any day lol. i think the series would definitely be a lot more entertaining for sure.

Raps Insider 12
03-06-2014, 08:10 PM
i dont think i would mind taking the 4th seed. assuming indy finishes off in 1st, i think we have a better shot against them than miami any day lol. i think the series would definitely be a lot more entertaining for sure.

I would have to agree.

4th spot with home court is better for the Raps.

I want the overall standings to be like this...

1. Indy
2. Miami
3. Chicago
4. Toronto
5. Wizards
6. New Jersey
7. Charlotte
8. I don't care

Playoff match ups 1st Round

1-Indy vs. 8-I don't care - Indy wins
2-Miami vs. 7-Charlotte - Miami wins
3-Chicago vs. 6-Brooklyn - either
4-Toronto vs. 8-Washington - Toronto

2nd round

1-Indy vs. 4-Toronto
2-Miami vs. 3-Chicago or Brooklyn

East Championship - pray

jsumadchat
03-07-2014, 10:37 PM
raps win, BK and CHI both lose and drop a game back of us!

Bob_at_york
03-07-2014, 11:14 PM
Pistons also lose shrinking our magic number to 10.

ink
03-08-2014, 04:32 PM

I agree. I think they needed the frustration of the first 18 games to give them something very specific -- ball movement -- to prove they could master. Since their start they've embraced ball/player movement like no Raptors team we have ever seen before. The results have been undeniable, team play can elevate players to levels they can't reach on their own.

albertajaysfan
03-09-2014, 01:21 PM

Magic number for the division is 20.

So much more exciting then ping pong balls :)

ink
03-09-2014, 01:39 PM

Any magic numbers for the 3rd or 4th seed?

albertajaysfan
03-09-2014, 02:02 PM
Any magic numbers for the 3rd or 4th seed?

My mistake magic number for the division is 18.
For HCA it is 19.
For the 3rd seed it is 21. (Higher because they hold the tie breaker)

GodsSon
03-09-2014, 03:40 PM
Looks like the Bulls are about to beat Miami in OT

jsumadchat
03-09-2014, 03:42 PM
**** me..... CHI is too good right now, MIA ****s up big time.

jsumadchat
03-09-2014, 03:42 PM
s'all good, CHI has HOU, OKC this week.

albertajaysfan
03-09-2014, 09:35 PM
Magic numbers:

Playoffs - 8
Division - 17
HCA - 18
3rd seed - 20

mjt20mik
03-09-2014, 09:37 PM

Did a good job of that tonight.. Kyle with 36, Demar with 33

gwrighter
03-09-2014, 09:51 PM
Raps 8.5 Games behind MIA for the second seed.

pulzar
03-09-2014, 10:23 PM
Raps 8.5 Games behind MIA for the second seed.

I just came over to post the same thing :).

What's going on, Pacers 4 losses in a row, Miami 3, OKC 2... Top teams are slowing down. I was kind of hoping that Miami jumps on the Pacers during this losing streak and takes that first seed, so that we can avoid them in the second round.

gwrighter
03-09-2014, 10:35 PM
I just came over to post the same thing :).

What's going on, Pacers 4 losses in a row, Miami 3, OKC 2... Top teams are slowing down. I was kind of hoping that Miami jumps on the Pacers during this losing streak and takes that first seed, so that we can avoid them in the second round.

I know right? All the top teams decided to start not trying as hard because they have such a large lead. Good thing is that Miami has 2 games left against the Pacers this season and if they can beat them both then I think they might have the tie breaker & there are a bunch of more games for MIA to make up the difference.

Bob_at_york
03-09-2014, 10:42 PM
Magic numbers:

Playoffs - 8
Division - 17
HCA - 18
3rd seed - 20
Doesn't winning the division give them home court advantage in the first round?

pulzar
03-09-2014, 10:58 PM
Doesn't winning the division give them home court advantage in the first round?

No, home court advantage is purely determined by the record, not the seed.

deaner
03-10-2014, 01:26 AM

Are you sure? Each division winner has home court/one of the top 4 seeds.... No?

gwrighter
03-10-2014, 02:03 AM
Are you sure? Each division winner has home court/one of the top 4 seeds.... No?

He's right, it's by record only. Winning division only guarantees seeding.

albertajaysfan
03-10-2014, 02:08 AM

That would be the logical way for it to work. Instead winning your division only guarantees you seeding. Which would get you an easier opponent, in theory. However if the lower seeded team has the better record they have home court advantage.

I understand this rule but it still puzzle the hell out of me.

albertajaysfan
03-11-2014, 01:55 AM
Magic numbers:

Playoffs - 8
Division - 17
HCA - 17
3rd seed - 20

lajoie
03-11-2014, 06:35 PM
If you win a division, you are guaranteed a top 4 seed. But if seed 5 or 6 has a better record, they get home court. Seems fair to me

smith&wesson
03-11-2014, 06:52 PM
If MU doesnt get more depth at the 5, our playoff hopes are pretty ambitious to say the least.

teams with solid C's we want to avoid

Bulls - Noah
Nets - Lopez (thank god he's injured or we would have no chance)
Hawks - Horford (thank god he's injured or we would have no chance)
Pacers - Hibbert/Bynum
Wizards (if nene was healthy along with gortat, they win in a series)
Pistons - Drummond-Monroe
Miami - they dont need a C lol but went and signed one anyways.

If washington, atlanta, brooklyn were all healthy.. they would all beat us in a 7 game series. Jonas is not ready to take on 48 mins in a 7 game series. And aside from Jonas, we have no real C. if im the aposing teams coach I dump the ball down in the paint every possession, get jonas in foul trouble and stick to that game plan until the raps get swept in 4.

in conclusion, the raptors are lucky as hell horford, lopez, & Nene are injured and if they werent it really wouldnt matter what seed we finished in.. they would all expose our biggest weakness in a long series.

smith&wesson
03-11-2014, 06:56 PM
is home court advantage suppose to change the fact that our C is a sophmore and really has no back up other than some forwards ? lol

smith&wesson
03-11-2014, 07:08 PM

if you dont get home court as a top 4 seed, then whats the point of seeding ?

smith&wesson
03-11-2014, 07:11 PM
That would be the logical way for it to work. Instead winning your division only guarantees you seeding. Which would get you an easier opponent, in theory. However if the lower seeded team has the better record they have home court advantage.

I understand this rule but it still puzzle the hell out of me.

that doesnt make sense because if your facing a team that has a better record, it means that your are facing a a more difficult apponent.

The Wise 1
03-11-2014, 07:16 PM
If MU doesnt get more depth at the 5, our playoff hopes are pretty ambitious to say the least.

teams with solid C's we want to avoid

Bulls - Noah
Nets - Lopez (thank god he's injured or we would have no chance)
Hawks - Horford (thank god he's injured or we would have no chance)
Pacers - Hibbert/Bynum
Wizards (if nene was healthy along with gortat, they win in a series)
Pistons - Drummond-Monroe
Miami - they dont need a C lol but went and signed one anyways.

If washington, atlanta, brooklyn were all healthy.. they would all beat us in a 7 game series. Jonas is not ready to take on 48 mins in a 7 game series. And aside from Jonas, we have no real C. if im the aposing teams coach I dump the ball down in the paint every possession, get jonas in foul trouble and stick to that game plan until the raps get swept in 4.

in conclusion, the raptors are lucky as hell horford, lopez, & Nene are injured and if they werent it really wouldnt matter what seed we finished in.. they would all expose our biggest weakness in a long series.

What would you suggest we do? Sign a 7 foot stiff that 29 other teams could sign?

I'm all for reducing his minutes when he is playing like a dud out there. Patterson and Tyler can bring more to the table when Jonas is having a bad game.

albertajaysfan
03-11-2014, 09:40 PM
that doesnt make sense because if your facing a team that has a better record, it means that your are facing a a more difficult apponent.

Except in what I admit are rare circumstances.

Let's say you win a division with the 6th best record in your conference. Realistically you should be facing the team with the 3rd best record in the conferemce.

Except you won your division so you have the 4th seed. Which means you play the team with 4th best record who has the 5th seed and they get homecourt advantage.

One of the reasons this rule puzzles me. Get rid of the initial problem with guaranteed seeding for division winners imo.

smith&wesson
03-12-2014, 01:35 PM
What would you suggest we do? Sign a 7 foot stiff that 29 other teams could sign?

I'm all for reducing his minutes when he is playing like a dud out there. Patterson and Tyler can bring more to the table when Jonas is having a bad game.

shoulda made a trade to adress it. dont need 5 pgs and 4 pfs. some of those guys are expendable.

I really like th and pp. but they are really undersized to play the 5... I also think its really unfair to chuck hayes to be thrown out there to try and gaurd 7 foot + C's. did you know that he is only listed at 6'6 ??
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hayesch01.html

smith&wesson
03-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Except in what I admit are rare circumstances.

Let's say you win a division with the 6th best record in your conference. Realistically you should be facing the team with the 3rd best record in the conferemce.

Except you won your division so you have the 4th seed. Which means you play the team with 4th best record who has the 5th seed and they get homecourt advantage.

One of the reasons this rule puzzles me. Get rid of the initial problem with guaranteed seeding for division winners imo.

I didnt even know that. I thought top 4 seed got home court in round one. dam, thats crazy.

The Wise 1
03-12-2014, 01:50 PM
shoulda made a trade to adress it. dont need 5 pgs and 4 pfs. some of those guys are expendable.

I really like th and pp. but they are really undersized to play the 5... I also think its really unfair to chuck hayes to be thrown out there to try and gaurd 7 foot + C's. did you know that he is only listed at 6'6 ??
http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/h/hayesch01.html

I hear ya but those pg's have no value and do we even know what was out there for trade?

I bet MU looked into it but nothing came about.

I'm aware of his height. But he's been doing exactly that his while career.

smith&wesson
03-12-2014, 02:22 PM
I hear ya but those pg's have no value and do we even know what was out there for trade?

I bet MU looked into it but nothing came about.

I'm aware of his height. But he's been doing exactly that his while career.

as a pf.

Rather see amir in that role to be honest. let th or pp start and have amir as the first big off the bench for jonas.

Bob_at_york
03-12-2014, 06:10 PM
as a pf.

Rather see amir in that role to be honest. let th or pp start and have amir as the first big off the bench for jonas.
Hayes is thicker. He is the better centre. He has been playing centre for a few years now.

smith&wesson
03-12-2014, 07:01 PM
Hayes is thicker. He is the better centre. He has been playing centre for a few years now.

you guys are good with a 6 foot 6 out of shape back up C ... so be it. why debate over stupidness.

its a glaring hole in the rotation weather you guys want to accept that or not.

Bob_at_york
03-12-2014, 07:17 PM
you guys are good with a 6 foot 6 out of shape back up C ... so be it. why debate over stupidness.

its a glaring hole in the rotation weather you guys want to accept that or not.

I wanted a trade. But he is better than a lot of the free agents out there. And his big base is helpful with rebounding and defending the post.

smith&wesson
03-12-2014, 07:21 PM
I wanted a trade. But he is better than a lot of the free agents out there. And his big base is helpful with rebounding and defending the post.

its not his fault for being used as a C. or has been. but he is def undersized. the reach difference alone puts him at a dis advatage let alone the height... we need an upgrade. I agree a trade would have been the best way to attain a decent back up.

GodsSon
03-12-2014, 09:27 PM
Looks like the Heat are going to drop another game against a team chasing us...

Raps Insider 12
03-12-2014, 09:34 PM
Wash now taking the 6th spot.

Liking this.

BKN vs. Chicago

jsumadchat
03-12-2014, 09:44 PM
Wash now taking the 6th spot.

Liking this.

BKN vs. Chicago

love that. i could see that series going 7 easy.

Nick O
03-12-2014, 10:15 PM
its not his fault for being used as a C. or has been. but he is def undersized. the reach difference alone puts him at a dis advatage let alone the height... we need an upgrade. I agree a trade would have been the best way to attain a decent back up.

thats why i was confused. Gray and Day were not good. but at least they were ya know.. tall.. but Hayes could be worse. he had a good game tonight

SA5195
03-12-2014, 11:23 PM
love that. i could see that series going 7 easy.

Would love to see that, much better chances than facing BKN

gwrighter
03-13-2014, 02:06 AM
New York has won 5 in a row and are 3 games out of the 8th spot. They have a legitimate chance at taking the 8th lol.

albertajaysfan
03-13-2014, 03:48 AM
Magic number - 6
HCA - 16
3rd seed - 17

Ya picked up two games tonight by beating Detroit.

Can't believe New York has a shot at making the playoffs this year still.

North Yorker
03-13-2014, 10:26 AM
New York has won 5 in a row and are 3 games out of the 8th spot. They have a legitimate chance at taking the 8th lol.

Their last 10-12 games of the season are pretty tough. Not sure they can make up those 3 games unless Atlanta tanks the rest of the way.

B2B
03-13-2014, 10:38 AM
Detroits broadcast crew from last night's game.

"If I'm a team in the playoffs, I would not want to face TO first round".

I'm going to say it to those looking for an ideal matchup, we the dangerous team going in...

gwrighter
03-13-2014, 11:07 AM
Their last 10-12 games of the season are pretty tough. Not sure they can make up those 3 games unless Atlanta tanks the rest of the way.

It's possible if they pickup wins against resting teams. Atlanta continues the slide.

pebloemer
03-13-2014, 11:30 AM
Detroits broadcast crew from last night's game.

"If I'm a team in the playoffs, I would not want to face TO first round".

I'm going to say it to those looking for an ideal matchup, we the dangerous team going in...

Yah, I'm really not concerned about our match-up at this point. I like our chances against anybody with the exception of Indiana or Miami. Brooklyn and Chicago could obviously be scary match-ups, but so could Washington IMO. We can legitimately compete against all 3 of those choices and a hard fought first round will be good for the group.

Nick O
03-13-2014, 12:40 PM
Yah, I'm really not concerned about our match-up at this point. I like our chances against anybody with the exception of Indiana or Miami. Brooklyn and Chicago could obviously be scary match-ups, but so could Washington IMO. We can legitimately compete against all 3 of those choices and a hard fought first round will be good for the group.

brooklyn should scare anyone right now. i feel we beat washington

pulzar
03-13-2014, 01:40 PM
brooklyn should scare anyone right now. i feel we beat washington

I agree. We really need to stay in 3rd place, so that BKN and CHI play in the first round, and we get somebody else. Playing one of those teams with all their playoff experience, I feel like we're going to lose the first two games while trying to adjust to the playoff intensity, and then it'll be too late to recover.

Our team is pretty good, but they are also very green.

gwrighter
03-13-2014, 01:50 PM
I'm skeptical about BK playing Pierce at the 4 for a full series. I think you can do that in spurts but that matchup is going to get exploited in the playoffs. Kidd is pulling out all the stops to try and climb the standings & he'll have nothing new left in his playbook for the playoffs.

B2B
03-13-2014, 02:08 PM

Only team I'm concerned about is Miami, everyone else I think we have a decent-good chance to beat.

Was hoping for a Nets - Heat first round matchup but Brooklyn has been on a tear, unfortunately for the same reason I wanted them to face Maimi. Their experience/depth & star power is a good matchup.

gwrighter
03-13-2014, 03:37 PM
Terrence Ross says he wants Brooklyn in the 1st round.

smith&wesson
03-13-2014, 03:46 PM
Terrence Ross says he wants Brooklyn in the 1st round.

he wants redemption for that late turn over at the end of the game... might have cost the raps the game.

gwrighter
03-13-2014, 03:47 PM
he wants redemption for that late turn over at the end of the game... might have cost the raps the game.

I guess so. & I want him to guard Pierce so we can put Amir on Joe Johnson or something.

jsumadchat
03-13-2014, 09:55 PM
wow.... CHI DESTROYS houston who's been hot lately. the east suddenly aint looking so bad man....

pulzar
03-13-2014, 10:58 PM
An interesting (maybe) stat... Raptors and Phoenix and the only teams to lose only 5 games by 10 or more. Heat and OKC have lost 6 of those, Pacers 10.

Our 2-5 record for games decide by 3 points or less is pathetic, though. Only Knicks and Minnesota are worse.

pebloemer
03-14-2014, 08:25 AM
Tim and Sid were talking about this on Primetime yesterday and I found it interesting.

East Standings since Jan. 1.

1. Brooklyn 23-9
2. Chicago 24-11
3. T - Indiana 22-12
3. T - Toronto 22-12
5. Miami 20-11

Pretty interesting.

koreancabbage
03-14-2014, 08:59 AM
Tim and Sid were talking about this on Primetime yesterday and I found it interesting.

1. Brooklyn 23-9
2. Chicago 24-11
3. T - Indiana 22-12
3. T - Toronto 22-12
5. Miami 20-11

Pretty interesting.

brooklyn is coming around and they are resting KG (injury or non injury) as well. but the only thing stopping us from beating Brooklyn (or Washington or any Eastern team not named Miami or even Indiana) is fatigue and the coaching of Casey and his dumb *** offensive plays.

albertajaysfan
03-14-2014, 10:43 PM
Magic numbers:
Playoffs - 5
HCA - 15
3rd seed - 16

ink
03-14-2014, 10:51 PM

1. Brooklyn 23-9
2. Chicago 24-11
3. T - Indiana 22-12
3. T - Toronto 22-12
5. Miami 20-11

Pretty interesting.

Praying that the Heat don't even make the ECF.

ink
03-14-2014, 10:52 PM
Magic numbers:
Playoffs - 5
HCA - 15
3rd seed - 16

Thanks for the updates!

albertajaysfan
03-15-2014, 07:39 PM
Thanks for the updates!

No problem. It is easy to stay motivated to share good news about the Raps! Got to enjoy it while it is here.

albertajaysfan
03-15-2014, 07:40 PM

Based on where we are that would probably put us in the ECF. Now that would guarantee Casey's return next year I would think.

dtmagnet
03-15-2014, 07:57 PM

If they face the Bulls or the Nets in round 2 I don't think they will.

gwrighter
03-15-2014, 08:13 PM
Pacers bench looks horrible now that they made some trades. They're playing Rasual Butler LOL

Bob_at_york
03-24-2014, 04:30 PM
I think our magic number to make the playoffs is 2.

MoneyBall20
03-24-2014, 07:51 PM
I think our magic number to make the playoffs is 2.

At least will have one toronto team in the playoffs ;)
Hopefully it's the against the wizards or charlotte..

jsumadchat
03-24-2014, 10:35 PM
either the bulls are officially on fire or the pacers are officially in a freefall. bulls win 89-77 back into a tie with us for 3rd

Nick O
03-24-2014, 10:45 PM
either the bulls are officially on fire or the pacers are officially in a freefall. bulls win 89-77 back into a tie with us for 3rd

actually we have it by a few pctg points. the little things like that make me smile.

koreancabbage
03-24-2014, 11:07 PM
Based on where we are that would probably put us in the ECF. Now that would guarantee Casey's return next year I would think.

he's a 50-50 coach to me. he just needs to balance out his offense. pnr with Amir is like bread and butter.. outside of that... it seems to me its just give it to Derozan or Lowry and have one of the bigs come up for a screen and let the player with the ball gauge the situation.

he's got some decent out of timeout plays but its very limited imo.

i love Casey and the coaching on the defensive end for the raps. He can always develop his offensive calling. I just hate him right now because he can't coach offense (and him not including Tross in most plays for most games)

Byronicle
03-25-2014, 10:41 AM
Honestly I hope we have a tough 1st round matchup, which is why I could care less about who we face because at the end of the day for us to truly contend we would have to beat the best of the best.

When things come too easy, things get overlooked. When you have to work hard for things, you have more drive to achieve more.

Sanyo
03-25-2014, 11:01 AM
it's scary to think how good chicago is now without derrick rose.

Abdul Mutalib
03-25-2014, 11:22 AM
Honestly I hope we have a tough 1st round matchup, which is why I could care less about who we face because at the end of the day for us to truly contend we would have to beat the best of the best.

When things come too easy, things get overlooked. When you have to work hard for things, you have more drive to achieve more.

agreed, i wish we even dropped down to the 4th or 5th seed. even tho that would mean we face nets instead of wiz (assume bulls take 3 seed) in the 1st round and get pacers instead of heat in the second (assuming ind will be 1st and mia 2nd seed).

I think we'd have a better chance vs ind than mia IMO. Beating a team like the nets (many veterans/more exp) in a 7 game series will be more of a challenge than the wiz.

albertajaysfan
03-25-2014, 01:52 PM
he's a 50-50 coach to me. he just needs to balance out his offense. pnr with Amir is like bread and butter.. outside of that... it seems to me its just give it to Derozan or Lowry and have one of the bigs come up for a screen and let the player with the ball gauge the situation.

he's got some decent out of timeout plays but its very limited imo.

i love Casey and the coaching on the defensive end for the raps. He can always develop his offensive calling. I just hate him right now because he can't coach offense (and him not including Tross in most plays for most games)

I hope that if the coaching staff returns next year they would spend some time drawing up more plays for the offensive end. Having some continuity on the roster will hopefully help as well.

My biggest concern with Casey is his preference for riding veterans so much. Everything else he has shown growth. He seems to have a short leash for youngsters screwing up but will ride a vet that makes mistakes. I understand rewarding players with playing time but to me that isn't how the minutes are being given out.

NBA_Starter
03-25-2014, 09:48 PM
We must hold onto third.

Nick O
03-26-2014, 12:01 AM
i really want this conference win :( . who has the tie breaker? us or bkn

Bob_at_york
03-26-2014, 10:23 AM
Magic number for playoffs is 1 now right?

koreancabbage
03-26-2014, 05:01 PM
it's scary to think how good chicago is now without derrick rose.

they would be worse with Rose which is pretty sad.

jsumadchat
03-26-2014, 05:53 PM
they would be worse with Rose which is pretty sad.

THEORETICALLY, and ONLY theoretically, if lowry walks and rose is on the block, would you go after him?

Raps Insider 12
03-26-2014, 09:55 PM
Atlanta is losing so its a must win for NY against Sac.

Slade123
03-27-2014, 12:24 PM
i really want this conference win :( . who has the tie breaker? us or bkn

We do.

MoneyBall20
03-27-2014, 04:06 PM
Magic number for playoffs is 1 now right?

Can't wait,at least will have one T.O team in playoffs,not sure about the leafs.

SA5195
03-29-2014, 01:36 AM
WE DID IT GUYS!!!! Playoffs!!!! :cheer: :jumpy:

MoneyBall20
03-29-2014, 12:13 PM
WE DID IT GUYS!!!! Playoffs!!!! :cheer: :jumpy:

http://i.imgur.com/8A65czr.gif

Raps Insider 12
03-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Liked it or not but Bryan Colangelo in his own little world now maybe smiling and saying to himself, half of the teams success is because of me.

http://m.thestar.com/#!/sportsnews/sam-mitchell-quick-to-recall-raptors-last-playoff-experience/5610cd3488a833053366916361020187

Colangelo retains close ties and an affinity for this current team, which has acquired all five starters in trades or drafts.

Im just really happy that these guys are on their way to the playoffs, its been a real grind for several of the players and the fans, he said.

ink
03-29-2014, 12:38 PM
Liked it or not but Bryan Colangelo in his own little world now maybe smiling and saying to himself, half of the teams success is because of me.

http://m.thestar.com/#!/sportsnews/sam-mitchell-quick-to-recall-raptors-last-playoff-experience/5610cd3488a833053366916361020187

There's no doubt he deserves credit for acquiring the talent he did.

Raps Insider 12
03-29-2014, 12:46 PM
The business savvy of Colangelo and the patience plus the methodical approach of Ujiri roll into one = Colanjuri.

Coach and Starters - Bryan
Bench - Masai

Haha.

ink
03-29-2014, 01:10 PM
The business savvy of Colangelo and the patience plus the methodical approach of Ujiri roll into one = Colanjuri.

Coach and Starters - Bryan
Bench - Masai

Haha.

Well MUs move did realign the starters. ;)

Raps Insider 12
03-31-2014, 10:09 PM
Silver's dream match up in the first round...

Miami vs. New York

San Antonio vs. Memphis

The student of Stern learned a lot from his Master.

Minions will make it happen for the first year Commish.

SA5195
04-01-2014, 02:31 AM
We have a tough schedule ahead while CHI has it eaaaaasy. We're gonna fall to 4th unless we get lucky

pebloemer
04-01-2014, 06:56 AM
We have a tough schedule ahead while CHI has it eaaaaasy. We're gonna fall to 4th unless we get lucky

I wouldn't say our schedule is tough. We have 2 games against teams above .500. Just Chicago's schedule is ridiculous.

killersweet
04-01-2014, 10:20 AM

well, falling to 4th is not a concern. That still gives the team home court. However if Nets get the division, that would suck.

nba_4_life
04-01-2014, 02:55 PM
Bulls 8 remaining games: I predict they go 5-3
@Atlanta
Milwaukee
@Washington
@Minnesota
Detroit
@New York
Orlando
@Charlotte

Final predicted record: 47 - 35

Brooklyn 10 Remaining games: I predict they go 8 - 2
Houston
@New York
Detroit
@Philadelphia
@Miami
@Orlando
Atlanta
Orlando
New York
@Cleveland

Final predicted record: 47- 35

Toronto 8 remaining games: I predict they go 6-2
Houston
Indiana
@Milwaukee
Philadelphia
New York City
@Detroit
Milwaukee
@New York City

Final predicted record: 48-34

Although Chicago does have an easy schedule left, the raptors schedule isn't that hard other than the next 2.
The bold teams are the team that are winnable for the respective teams.

killersweet
04-01-2014, 03:24 PM
Bulls 8 remaining games: I predict they go 5-3
@Atlanta
Milwaukee
@Washington
@Minnesota
Detroit
@New York
Orlando
@Charlotte

Final predicted record: 47 - 35

Brooklyn 10 Remaining games: I predict they go 8 - 2
Houston
@New York
Detroit
@Philadelphia
@Miami
@Orlando
Atlanta
Orlando
New York
@Cleveland

Final predicted record: 47- 35

Toronto 8 remaining games: I predict they go 6-2
Houston
Indiana
@Milwaukee
Philadelphia
New York City
@Detroit
Milwaukee
@New York City

Final predicted record: 48-34

Although Chicago does have an easy schedule left, the raptors schedule isn't that hard other than the next 2.
The bold teams are the team that are winnable for the respective teams.
I can see the bulls going 8-0 or 7-1 easily. Wash is tough at home. Wolves have been struggling. and bobcats can be beaten.

Shark
04-01-2014, 09:18 PM
Don't know why people are discrediting the opponents of each team's schedule remaining. New York is not as easy as a win as people think. Remember, they are fighting for #8 and they will be fighting. Same goes for Atlanta, does that mean that Brooklyn, Toronto or Chicago will struggle vs them, probably not, will it be a battle? Most definitely. I think Raptors should be able to pull off the 3rd place though with the schedule they have as 4 of those games are gimmies(Milwaukee x2, Detroit, Philadelphia) so a 6-2 as nba_4_life is definitely foreseeable!!

I actually think Toronto's schedule is better then Chicago's!!

jsumadchat
04-01-2014, 10:59 PM
we could POTENTIALLY run the table in our remaining games.. that is of course, if Kyle doesnt miss any time. HOU just lost to BK, are coming off a b2b still without D12. IND is playing like trash right now, and the rest of the games SHOULD be won. i can see us dropping one if not both games to NYK though.... lol

deaner
04-01-2014, 11:09 PM
I agree. These two games against the Knicks come at a bad time. We better bring the intensity.

jsumadchat
04-01-2014, 11:24 PM
I agree. These two games against the Knicks come at a bad time. We better bring the intensity.

yup... that saddest part about it, is i wouldnt be overly shocked if we actually went and won both games against HOU and IND only to lose both against NYK. pretty raptors-esque if you ask me lol.

Glenfidish
04-01-2014, 11:48 PM
Anyone but the nets.. I can see pierce hitting the dagger in my dreams :mad:

Nets experience is to much for us. Demar would have to play sensational which I have yet to see in a big big game.

jon32
04-02-2014, 12:14 AM
Ugh .... I actually see the Raps going 4-4 ..at worst.....Realistically 5-3.....but at best 6-2. Chicago I dont see how they dont go 8-0....at worst hey go 6-2. And Brooklyn is an easy 8-2 , if not 9-1.

Chicago jumps to 3rd with Brooklyn at 4th and the Raps at 5th is how I see it finishing .

BALLER R
04-02-2014, 01:38 AM
Anyone but the nets.. I can see pierce hitting the dagger in my dreams :mad:

Nets experience is to much for us. Demar would have to play sensational which I have yet to see in a big big game.

Teams with really good one on one defenders completely take him out of games.

killersweet
04-02-2014, 09:06 AM
Don't know why people are discrediting the opponents of each team's schedule remaining. New York is not as easy as a win as people think. Remember, they are fighting for #8 and they will be fighting. Same goes for Atlanta, does that mean that Brooklyn, Toronto or Chicago will struggle vs them, probably not, will it be a battle? Most definitely. I think Raptors should be able to pull off the 3rd place though with the schedule they have as 4 of those games are gimmies(Milwaukee x2, Detroit, Philadelphia) so a 6-2 as nba_4_life is definitely foreseeable!!

I actually think Toronto's schedule is better then Chicago's!!
You have to also take in to account how the Bulls are playing. They have been really good down the stretch and nets have been lights out. Raptors have stumbled a bit lately. Of course the games look like powder puff on paper. But I can see raptors going 5-3 or 4-4 in the next 8 games. I hope lowry doesn't miss anytime. That is the key.

smith&wesson
04-02-2014, 12:31 PM
ahhh man, nothings going right for us right now. brooklyn just beat the rockets last night... they are creeping on us.

I wouldnt be suprized if chicago takes 3rd, and we land on 4 or 5 and face the nets either way. heres the thing though, the nets dont scare me.

killersweet
04-02-2014, 01:39 PM
ahhh man, nothings going right for us right now. brooklyn just beat the rockets last night... they are creeping on us.

I wouldnt be suprized if chicago takes 3rd, and we land on 4 or 5 and face the nets either way. heres the thing though, the nets dont scare me.

The way they are playing right now and the way we are playing right now, I would be scared. Nets have been rolling lately and they got playoff veterans. It would be a really tough match up for the raptors, especially if we lose home court.

killersweet
04-02-2014, 03:20 PM
Nets may lose tonight to the Knicks and Bulls have a desperate Hawks team that may beat them. However raptors may be without lowry tonight. That sucks.

deaner
04-02-2014, 04:18 PM
Nets may lose tonight to the Knicks and Bulls have a desperate Hawks team that may beat them. However raptors may be without lowry tonight. That sucks.

Desperate Atlanta? No way. They don't even want into the playoffs.

killersweet
04-02-2014, 05:45 PM
Desperate Atlanta? No way. They don't even want into the playoffs.

I have a feeling they beat the bulls tonight.

smith&wesson
04-02-2014, 05:56 PM
The way they are playing right now and the way we are playing right now, I would be scared. Nets have been rolling lately and they got playoff veterans. It would be a really tough match up for the raptors, especially if we lose home court.

I just think their interior with out lopez is lacking.

I dont beleive the interior of pp and andre blatche will prove to be effective in a 7 game series vs toronto. If lowry and patman are healthy I think we can eliminate them.

Id much rather face the nets than the bulls. Washington would be ideal.

smith&wesson
04-02-2014, 05:59 PM

they are fighting for their playoff lives, so maybe youre right. I wouldnt bet on it though, no one on atlanta can contain noah, not the way he has been playing.

deaner
04-02-2014, 06:01 PM

Frank Isola: Hawks GM Danny Ferry confirmed what I and a few others have said; they don't want to make playoffs. That's nice. Twitter @FisolaNYDN

MoneyBall20
04-02-2014, 10:16 PM
Ny knicks are in 8th spot,how is that possible..lol

killersweet
04-03-2014, 09:33 AM
Frank Isola: Hawks GM Danny Ferry confirmed what I and a few others have said; they don't want to make playoffs. That's nice. Twitter @FisolaNYDN

haha, I see now. yes, the hawks gave up in the 2nd half yesterday. So looks like the Knicks will be making the playoffs.

killersweet
04-03-2014, 09:35 AM
I just think their interior with out lopez is lacking.

I dont beleive the interior of pp and andre blatche will prove to be effective in a 7 game series vs toronto. If lowry and patman are healthy I think we can eliminate them.

Id much rather face the nets than the bulls. Washington would be ideal.

Yea, I don't like the bulls or nets. Wash is ideal. Anyways, hopefully raptors will be ready for the playoffs.

North Yorker
04-03-2014, 10:04 AM
I wonder if the final game of the season @NYK will be nationally televised in the US if they need it to clinch a PO spot.

Raps08-09 Champ
04-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Hopefully we can maintain 3rd. The schedule looks 'easy' but the Knicks will be fighting for that 8th seed and I can see them taking both from us.

deaner
04-03-2014, 01:15 PM
I want to see an all out war the last game and the raps step on the Knicks fingers and send them falling off the cliff.

smith&wesson
04-03-2014, 06:33 PM
I want to see an all out war the last game and the raps step on the Knicks fingers and send them falling off the cliff.

nah, I want to see our guys rest and not risk any injuries. would much, much rather see the knicks in the playoffs than the hawks anyway.

FriedTofuz
04-03-2014, 09:24 PM
What's the point of having rest if you end up facing the nets in the playoffs. The nets team is wayy wayy wayy too playoff experienced for the raptors, and we'd be setting ourself up for losing. Maintaining the 3rd seed and taking care of the wizards as quickly as possible should be the priority. I dont care interesting the knicks would be in the playoffs against the heat. Frankly, they're just going to upset a game or two at most, and miami will be on top. I rather see the knicks suck and miss the playoffs and melo leaving so the raptors have a higher chance of getting a good pick in 2016. Therefore, if you're a raptor fan, you want to absolutely crush the knicks and their hope if you have the power to do so. There's no rest, we're nott the spurs or the heat, we cant expect to rest our key players when we need proper seeding. Every game needs to be a W or hope that the bulls **** up. We cant drop to the 4th seed, it just wont work against the nets.

FriedTofuz
04-03-2014, 09:26 PM
Ny knicks are in 8th spot,how is that possible..lol

they're just sucking less than the hawks. simple.

ink
04-03-2014, 10:00 PM
What's the point of having rest if you end up facing the nets in the playoffs. The nets team is wayy wayy wayy too playoff experienced for the raptors, and we'd be setting ourself up for losing. Maintaining the 3rd seed and taking care of the wizards as quickly as possible should be the priority. I dont care interesting the knicks would be in the playoffs against the heat. Frankly, they're just going to upset a game or two at most, and miami will be on top. I rather see the knicks suck and miss the playoffs and melo leaving so the raptors have a higher chance of getting a good pick in 2016. Therefore, if you're a raptor fan, you want to absolutely crush the knicks and their hope if you have the power to do so. There's no rest, we're nott the spurs or the heat, we cant expect to rest our key players when we need proper seeding. Every game needs to be a W or hope that the bulls **** up. We cant drop to the 4th seed, it just wont work against the nets.

The point of rest is having healthy players that will actually be able to play in the post season.

killersweet
04-03-2014, 10:14 PM

Sure, it would be nice to go all out and get that 3rd or 4th seed. but some of our players are really laboring. even if u get the 3rd seed, would u be okay with team missing lowry and amir during that series? I would rather have the healthy team playing a playoff series regardless of the opposition. It would be nice if the team can lock up at least the 4th spot.

douac4
04-03-2014, 10:18 PM
Hopefully we can maintain 3rd. The schedule looks 'easy' but the Knicks will be fighting for that 8th seed and I can see them taking both from us.

maybe not so easy without lowry and amir
course MU gets to check out a raps squad led by GVZ & PPat

douac4
04-03-2014, 10:36 PM

don't much follow the knicks but maybe melo has something to do with it?

MoneyBall20
04-04-2014, 11:04 AM

U know if they make it and if they play the pacers,yikes..that could be interesting. Pacers have been sucking also.

canzano55
04-04-2014, 11:06 AM
I wanna believe that we finish in 3rd but it seems like the Bulls are just sleep-walking and winning.

What kills me though is that going by PSD you can tell Bulls fans don't give a **** about their team without Rose featuring and that if they're not contenders they'd rather the team tank.

I think we end up playing for our lives against the Nets - thankfully Brooklyn can't seem to win away from home so beating them wouldn't be impossible.

Nick O
04-04-2014, 11:16 AM
damn tonight could be bad. we have indy and the bulls have the bucks while Bkn has detroit. but after this game we finish on a week schedual. Indy is beatable tho right now. also it's ****** Joe johnson decided til after the all star break to start playing like an all star

smith&wesson
04-04-2014, 01:04 PM

Because if your not healthy it doesnt matter who you face.

2ndly I dont think there is a huge difference between facing the wizards or nets. obviously Id prefer to face the wizards, but like ive stated before the nets dont scare me. We match up well against them.

smith&wesson
04-04-2014, 01:22 PM
don't much follow the knicks but maybe melo has something to do with it?

beleive it or not, amare and jr smith have been playing well.. and yes melo too. I actually think if they face the pacers we have a chance at seeing the 8th seed upset the 1st

nycericanguy
04-04-2014, 01:42 PM

not really, they've won 12 of 15, including wins over IND, BK and GS in that span.

JR looks like an NBA player again, and Amare has played well.

Gibby
04-05-2014, 12:43 AM
damn tonight could be bad. we have indy and the bulls have the bucks while Bkn has detroit. but after this game we finish on a week schedual. Indy is beatable tho right now. also it's ****** Joe johnson decided til after the all star break to start playing like an all star

Bulls face few decent teams wizards, wolves, bobcats but they face no elite teams. It gives us a good shot at 3rd because we have an easy schedule. However the bulls can go 3-3 or 6-0 and I wouldn't be surprised.

Do we have the tie breaker against the bulls.

jsumadchat
04-05-2014, 12:58 AM
Bulls face few decent teams wizards, wolves, bobcats but they face no elite teams. It gives us a good shot at 3rd because we have an easy schedule. However the bulls can go 3-3 or 6-0 and I wouldn't be surprised.

Do we have the tie breaker against the bulls.

yes, the division title would give us third over them in a tiebreak.

Nick O
04-05-2014, 12:23 PM
at the very least we should finish 5-1. i could see ys splitting with the Knicks but every other game is a game we should not lose. 49 win season. that would be pretty awesome

gwrighter
04-05-2014, 12:37 PM
& just like that the knicks have fallen backwards. I'm expecting them to play us tough as if it was the playoffs. It's cute how the whole Knicks roster is playing hard in order to impress Phil Jackson enough to be kept around in the future. Just a couple weeks ago none of them gave a crap & now Amare is dunking on people like wtf.

FriedTofuz
04-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Sure, it would be nice to go all out and get that 3rd or 4th seed. but some of our players are really laboring. even if u get the 3rd seed, would u be okay with team missing lowry and amir during that series? I would rather have the healthy team playing a playoff series regardless of the opposition. It would be nice if the team can lock up at least the 4th spot.

when i was speaking about rest, I was speaking based on that fact that everyone is healthy, but exhausted from the amount of minutes accumulated over the course of the season. So i rather do that, than face the nets.
i wasnt speaking about potentially missing starters, as none of those two starters were injured at the time of my post.

canzano55
04-05-2014, 03:32 PM
Maybe the Wiz can stop the Bulls at home tonight but I wouldn't bet on it.

gwrighter
04-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Maybe the Wiz can stop the Bulls at home tonight but I wouldn't bet on it.

Wiz are on a back 2 back a win vs. a rested Chi would be impressive.

nba_4_life
04-05-2014, 06:47 PM
Wiz are on a back 2 back a win vs. a rested Chi would be impressive.
Aren't the bulls also on a back 2 back??

North Yorker
04-05-2014, 08:10 PM
Chicago scored 28 pts in the first Q.

Washington has 26 pts at the half.....

wow

MoneyBall20
04-05-2014, 11:14 PM
Chicago is really starting 2 pi@# me off,are they ever gonna cool off.

FriedTofuz
04-06-2014, 12:27 AM
Facing the bobcats would be worst than facing the nets. Come on Wizards..

Nick O
04-06-2014, 12:27 AM
man. us vs the kicks are gonna be good games. should be great atmosphere at home and in the garden.. but damn.. i can taste that atlantic title. were so close. big win tonight!

3neSoulja
04-06-2014, 08:46 AM
Were 9-0 vs the Knicks, pistons, bucks and 76ers. 4-1 would be nice with the loss coming to the Knicks at MSG. Hopefully Lowry will be ready for that series. Hopefully a 4-1 record will keep us in 3rd

North Yorker
04-06-2014, 09:10 AM
Were 9-0 vs the Knicks, pistons, bucks and 76ers. 4-1 would be nice with the loss coming to the Knicks at MSG. Hopefully Lowry will be ready for that series. Hopefully a 4-1 record will keep us in 3rd

I think the Knicks will be eliminated from playoff contention by the time we play them @ MSG for our last reg. season game. I hope one or both of Amir/Lowry are ready to play them at home this Friday, when they will still have something to play for.

killersweet
04-06-2014, 09:10 AM
when i was speaking about rest, I was speaking based on that fact that everyone is healthy, but exhausted from the amount of minutes accumulated over the course of the season. So i rather do that, than face the nets.
i wasnt speaking about potentially missing starters, as none of those two starters were injured at the time of my post.
Those 2 have been playing with injuries for a while now. they were trying to tough it out and eventually couldn't. if they continue to push themselves, it could be worse. So may be good that they are taking a breather. they get 3 more days to rest up.

killersweet
04-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Facing the bobcats would be worst than facing the nets. Come on Wizards..

Actually bobcats don't have any playoff experience. Sure they had our number in the regular season. playoffs are different. I think raptors will stack up against them well. I wouldn't mind bobcats or Wiz. I have a bad feeling about the nets. especially if we don't get the home court.

North Yorker
04-06-2014, 09:15 AM
I want the Wizards in the 1st round, and Im sure they want to face us over Indy/Miami as well. Charlotte @ WSH this Wednesday night is a HUGE game. They need to pull that game out at home, and good news for them is that I think Nene is scheduled to come back for them that game.

ChongInc.
04-06-2014, 10:18 AM
Say us, Indy, bulls, and heat win the first round. Who would we match up with in the 2nd?

ChongInc.
04-06-2014, 10:22 AM
Indy and the heat both look vulnerable this year. With Val and Ross stepping up we could seriously make a run to the finals. Wishful thinking, but I believe this team has a legit shot in the east. Don't like the matchup vs. the spurs in the finals though.

lajoie
04-06-2014, 10:38 AM
Indy and the heat both look vulnerable this year. With Val and Ross stepping up we could seriously make a run to the finals. Wishful thinking, but I believe this team has a legit shot in the east. Don't like the matchup vs. the spurs in the finals though.

Wow, talking about the Raptors matchup in the finals already?

How about getting out of the first round first? None of the teams from 3-6 seed are going to be any sort of a pushover

rapsjaysfan88
04-06-2014, 01:00 PM
how many more wins r needed 4 the division crown?

3neSoulja
04-06-2014, 06:09 PM
I think the magic number is 3.. I was just reading up on that. We have a 99% chance of winning the division.. The only way the nets win it is if we lose 4 of the next 5 and they win their final 6 games

albertajaysfan
04-07-2014, 05:30 PM
Magic numbers:

Division/HCA - 3
3rd seed - 5

killersweet
04-08-2014, 02:05 PM
well, I think Nets will most likely lose to the heat tonight. Looking forward to that.

Slade123
04-08-2014, 03:49 PM
If the Nets lose to the Heat tonight and we win tomorrow, we'll have a 3.5 game adavantage plus the tie-breaker. That would pretty much clinch the division title, if not officially.

The 3rd seed is going to come down to the wire. Both the Raptors and Bulls have easy schedules where they can win the rest of their games. We hold the tie-breaker so as long as we win or the Bulls lose then we'd get that seed.

The toughest of the next five games will be the two NY games. Do we know if Lowry and Amir are playing tomorrow against Philly?

albertajaysfan
04-08-2014, 04:30 PM
If the Nets lose to the Heat tonight and we win tomorrow, we'll have a 3.5 game adavantage plus the tie-breaker. That would pretty much clinch the division title, if not officially.
The 3rd seed is going to come down to the wire. Both the Raptors and Bulls have easy schedules where they can win the rest of their games. We hold the tie-breaker so as long as we win or the Bulls lose then we'd get that seed.

The toughest of the next five games will be the two NY games. Do we know if Lowry and Amir are playing tomorrow against Philly?

That would reduce the magic number down to 1. Meaning one Raptors win or one Nets loss would clinch it.

North Yorker
04-08-2014, 10:06 PM
God damnit Atlanta. How can they lose to Detroit at home?

Just gonna make this Friday's game vs NYK that much tougher by giving them more hope.

Nick O
04-08-2014, 10:16 PM
cmon miami.. a brooklyn loss would be HUGE! it would probably put the nail in their coffin. if we beat philly how much do we need?

Abdul Mutalib
04-08-2014, 10:22 PM
God damnit Atlanta. How can they lose to Detroit at home?

Just gonna make this Friday's game vs NYK that much tougher by giving them more hope.

agreed those 2 NYK games will be tough should be treated as playoffs games. hopefully we come with the same intensity and urgency we anticipate from them.

BK is staying wit MIA so far... damnit

North Yorker
04-08-2014, 10:28 PM
agreed those 2 NYK games will be tough should be treated as playoffs games. hopefully we come with the same intensity and urgency we anticipate from them.

BK is staying wit MIA so far... damnit

Good news is that Lowry and Amir both practiced today and are most likely game time decisions for tomorrow's game vs Philly.

My guess is that Casey rests them for the NY game on Friday. They should both be at or near 100% by then.

North Yorker
04-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Lol, refs don't call the foul on Plumlee at the end of the game, giving BKN the win over Miami.

LanceUpperCut
04-08-2014, 10:37 PM
Wow LBJ was fouled twice on that play. If that was JV it would be been a flagrant.

Abdul Mutalib
04-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Lol, refs don't call the foul on Plumlee at the end of the game, giving BKN the win over Miami.

BS!... was a clear foul on the instant replay but i can c y the refs couldn't call it live which may have looked like a clean block. Usually refs would see that foul comin esp. involving LBJ but i guess they didnt wanna seem too bait, having a call decide the fate of the game.

Raps Insider 12
04-08-2014, 10:41 PM
Scott Foster is part of the officiating crew. Vegas and his shady connection are getting richer every game he is involve.

Abdul Mutalib
04-08-2014, 10:44 PM
and to top it off BK's last string of games seems easier than ours IMO and ours is pretty light w/ exception of X2 vs NY

Nick O
04-08-2014, 11:36 PM
that was annoying.. at least tomorrow should be an easy win. but we still got a long way to go. these new york games scare me. 3rd place could slip.. we win tomorrow though and we have a huge advantage in the division race

Nick O
04-08-2014, 11:37 PM
and to top it off BK's last string of games seems easier than ours IMO and ours is pretty light w/ exception of X2 vs NY

if we take care of buisness it doesnt matter. we can lose 2 games and stil win the division with the tie breaker. we just need to finish 3-2 and were golden. and thatsassuming BKN doesnt lose again

Gibby
04-09-2014, 12:35 AM
I think the division is a done deal, no way we lose more than 2 games. I really hope we get the 3rd seed but i hope the bulls lose 1 or 2 games soon so we can rest some guys later on.

Maybe the wolves have a chance after beating the spurs tonight.

mjt20mik
04-09-2014, 08:13 AM
MIA got shafted last night (and I'm a Nets fan too and hate MIA).

joshhorvath
04-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Pacers are only 0.5 gb of miami.. if Indy gets that #1 spot, do we give up the 3rd spot to Chicago in hopes of landing indy in the 2nd?

pebloemer
04-09-2014, 08:44 AM
Pacers are only 0.5 gb of miami.. if Indy gets that #1 spot, do we give up the 3rd spot to Chicago in hopes of landing indy in the 2nd?

Nope. You try and win every game and let the seedings/matchups shake out as they do. Besides, we are in no position to be looking ahead to 2nd round matchups. If you are going to play the "matchup game," focus on the first round IMO.

joshhorvath
04-09-2014, 08:44 AM
Not saying we're an auto win vs the nets.. america I know would put us as underdogs.. but I also think, if the Raptors get the 4th and beat the nets. . Thats better for the credibility for them.

People arnt gonna care about winning a playoff matchup against washington.. its Washington..

But however, if you beat jason kidd(hot shot new coach), KG,Pierce and joe johnson in a playoff series.. people are gonna notice a hella lot more. You lose that series though.. no one cares/remembers about what you just did the season before.

joshhorvath
04-09-2014, 08:46 AM
^And talking about americas perspective on the raptors.

killersweet
04-09-2014, 09:30 AM
Not saying we're an auto win vs the nets.. america I know would put us as underdogs.. but I also think, if the Raptors get the 4th and beat the nets. . Thats better for the credibility for them.

People arnt gonna care about winning a playoff matchup against washington.. its Washington..
But however, if you beat jason kidd(hot shot new coach), KG,Pierce and joe johnson in a playoff series.. people are gonna notice a hella lot more. You lose that series though.. no one cares/remembers about what you just did the season before.

If raptors make it to the 2nd round (regardless of who they beat), that would be an accomplishment and they will get noticed in the US media.

ink
04-09-2014, 11:06 AM
Ultimately getting noticed is more of a fan concern than a team concern. For some reason our Canadian insecurity makes it important to us. I don't think our roster of American players would care.

ink
04-09-2014, 11:07 AM
The Nets are looking like the upset team of these playoffs.

Bob_at_york
04-09-2014, 11:21 AM
The Nets are looking like the upset team of these playoffs.

I want to see a playoff series between them and the Heat.

pebloemer
04-09-2014, 11:32 AM
^And talking about americas perspective on the raptors.

I understand that, I just don't really get the relevance of it. I'm really not concerned about the perspective of Americans and American media on our basketball team. The only value that has to me is any influence it could have on players wanting to play in Toronto. But the solution to that is not "beating the Nets or beating the Pacers," it is "sustained organizational success." Sustained organizational success takes time. This team isn't good enough to be talking about matchups in my opinion. They play their best basketball through hardwork, resilience and conforming to their own identity. It is when they look past teams and assume they are talented enough that we see the horribly inconsistent and uninspired basketball that we have seen peak its head at times this year. You don't lose games for a matchup IMO. You compete every game to learn the consistency necessary to compete against any matchup.

ink
04-09-2014, 11:50 AM
I understand that, I just don't really get the relevance of it. I'm really not concerned about the perspective of Americans and American media on our basketball team. The only value that has to me is any influence it could have on players wanting to play in Toronto. But the solution to that is not "beating the Nets or beating the Pacers," it is "sustained organizational success." Sustained organizational success takes time. This team isn't good enough to be talking about matchups in my opinion. They play their best basketball through hardwork, resilience and conforming to their own identity. It is when they look past teams and assume they are talented enough that we see the horribly inconsistent and uninspired basketball that we have seen peak its head at times this year. You don't lose games for a matchup IMO. You compete every game to learn the consistency necessary to compete against any matchup.

I have no doubt whatsoever that exactly that message is being drilled into the Raptors right now and has been all season. Like MU said, this team is all about "fight". Their only chance for success is to meet every team with the same fight attitude. I totally agree, it's not at all about matchups, and it's not about talent right now. It's about will and determination.

ink
04-09-2014, 11:52 AM
I want to see a playoff series between them and the Heat.

Then you might get your wish in the ECF. Looks like the aging Nets are healthy going into the post-season and with the playoff experience and talent they have, watch out. The Heat may not be in the finals this year. They are very vulnerable.

Bob_at_york
04-09-2014, 12:14 PM
Then you might get your wish in the ECF. Looks like the aging Nets are healthy going into the post-season and with the playoff experience and talent they have, watch out. The Heat may not be in the finals this year. They are very vulnerable.

I think there is a better chance that they will face each other in the 2nd round.

smith&wesson
04-09-2014, 01:19 PM
I dont consider the nets all that "healthy" they are with out their starting C which I think is probably the most important player on that team.

GodsSon
04-09-2014, 03:12 PM
Anybody scoop up playoff tix?

dtmagnet
04-09-2014, 04:09 PM
Ultimately getting noticed is more of a fan concern than a team concern. For some reason our Canadian insecurity makes it important to us. I don't think our roster of American players would care.

I only really care so free agents will pay more attention to us.

Gibby
04-09-2014, 04:41 PM

Pacers are sitting all their starters tonight against the bucks so maybe their conceding the #1 spot. If the bucks lose then they are tanking for sure.

jsumadchat
04-09-2014, 04:50 PM
Anybody scoop up playoff tix?

i did. round 1 game 2, round 2, game 1

killersweet
04-09-2014, 05:38 PM
Bucks must be disappointed with pacers sitting all the starters. now they may have to win a game. but I am sure tank will take over.

albertajaysfan
04-09-2014, 07:01 PM
I dont consider the nets all that "healthy" they are with out their starting C which I think is probably the most important player on that team.

I actually disagree. They sucked balls when he played.

I think Paul Pierce is their most important player.

albertajaysfan
04-09-2014, 07:02 PM

Preach brother!

Well said, couldn't agree more.

albertajaysfan
04-09-2014, 10:02 PM
Magic numbers:

Division/HCA - 1
3rd seed - 4

jsumadchat
04-09-2014, 10:31 PM
Magic numbers:

Division/HCA - 1
3rd seed - 4

would be nice to clinch the division at home just like the playoff berth. now if only CHI would decide to lose a damn game.

makes all those bad games we lost that much more painful. at home against CHI, OKC, LAL, and CHA. on the road to BOS, CHA, POR and GSW... a lot of games where we just couldnt close out, we could potentially be a 54-57 win team lol. and to think, i always say, "its only one game, not a big deal." lol

joshhorvath
04-09-2014, 11:55 PM
would be nice to clinch the division at home just like the playoff berth. now if only CHI would decide to lose a damn game.

makes all those bad games we lost that much more painful. at home against CHI, OKC, LAL, and CHA. on the road to BOS, CHA, POR and GSW... a lot of games where we just couldnt close out, we could potentially be a 54-57 win team lol. and to think, i always say, "its only one game, not a big deal." lol

just you wait for next year :)

gwrighter
04-10-2014, 10:12 AM
Looks like we might be playing Charlotte in the 1st round. They've been playing well.

killersweet
04-10-2014, 10:21 AM
Looks like we might be playing Charlotte in the 1st round. They've been playing well.

well, that would be in interesting match up. Toronto and Canada would care. US media would ignore! I have a feeling we are going to play the Nets.

koreancabbage
04-10-2014, 10:50 AM
50 wins baby! lets do this.

so possible now with Melo a bit injured.

Sanyo
04-10-2014, 10:57 AM
i did. round 1 game 2, round 2, game 1

how did you get round 2?

Raps Insider 12
04-10-2014, 11:44 AM
The success of BKN in the playoffs depends on the health of Pierce.

Jays Claw
04-10-2014, 01:20 PM
A Toronto/Charlotte first round match-up scares me.

Al Jefferson would own the paint in that series! Not too mention Henderson/Kemba burning us on the wings and Jesus ****ing Christ himself Josh McRoberts working his unknown magic vs. the Raps.

jsumadchat
04-10-2014, 06:08 PM
how did you get round 2?

my cuz has been a season holder for yrs and they've already guaranteed his tix with a deposit.

pulzar
04-11-2014, 06:27 PM
So, Pacers are back on top... We need to keep #3 to avoid the Nets, but, man, I really hope Pacers drop to #2 - if we make it to second round, it'd be nice to not have to play the Heat.

We're probably looking at one bad game possibly dropping us to #4 and facing a possible first round exit against the Nets which would be a shame.

If Bulls and Raptors end up with the same score, do we hold the tie-breaker? What is it, head-to-head matches?

jsumadchat
04-11-2014, 06:27 PM
So, Pacers are back on top... We need to keep #3 to avoid the Nets, but, man, I really hope Pacers drop to #2 - if we make it to second round, it'd be nice to not have to play the Heat.

We're probably looking at one bad game possibly dropping us to #4 and facing a possible first round exit against the Nets which would be a shame.

If Bulls and Raptors end up with the same score, do we hold the tie-breaker? What is it, head-to-head matches?

our division crown is the tiebreaker.

Raps Insider 12
04-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Having to guard Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce and to a lesser extent KG(age seem to be catching up on him), their combined playoff experience and not to negate as well Jason Kidd post season exposure as a player, the Nets without a doubt would be very difficult to handle in a seven game series. Winning four is a tall task.

Another thing to worry about against the Nets are the 3 zebras. Officiating will be biased playing the Nets.

I thought Washington is the least to worry and maybe Charlotte eventhough we were not successful against them in the regular season.

MoneyBall20
04-12-2014, 11:27 AM
Having to guard Deron Williams, Joe Johnson, Paul Pierce and to a lesser extent KG(age seem to be catching up on him), their combined playoff experience and not to negate as well Jason Kidd post season exposure as a player, the Nets without a doubt would be very difficult to handle in a seven game series. Winning four is a tall task.

Another thing to worry about against the Nets are the 3 zebras. Officiating will be biased playing the Nets.

I thought Washington is the least to worry and maybe Charlotte eventhough we were not successful against them in the regular season.'

Agreed.
Honestly..Raptors should really want 2 avoid Nets,don't c them beating them. Nets been really good,beating Heat,pacers,western teams,they been best team after all star break.

SA5195
04-12-2014, 12:55 PM
Nets are going to be tough af. 06,07' deja-vu?

ink
04-12-2014, 01:01 PM
Nets are going to be tough af. 06,07' deja-vu?

lol I thought about that. Let's hope history doesn't repeat itself.

Pfeifer
04-12-2014, 06:19 PM
I think they can beat Brooklyn but coming out unscathed and healthy is my worry. That will be a brutal series.

jsumadchat
04-12-2014, 09:52 PM
LOL its not that im worried about the nets or anything, because im sure they cant handle us in a seven game series, but i swear our team can NEVER catch a break. NYK had something to play for against us last night, so they win. DET had an 18 pt lead for much of the game against CHI until the fourth and blew it BADLY. now tonight, MIA just rolls over and allows the hawks to clinch the 8th seed eliminating the knicks from contention and now have NOTHING to play for tmw against the bulls, who we NEEDED them to beat.

its probably a part of MIAs strategy, because im sure they'd rather face the hawks in round 1 over the knicks.

im not saying we're going to lose to the nets, but with the way things have played out, im not as confident in making it out of round 1 as i was a week ago.

jon32
04-12-2014, 10:36 PM
I think the refs scare me more playing the nets than the actually nets players do

Raps Insider 12
04-13-2014, 09:03 PM
So far the Knicks are making amends for costing the Raps a win, currently manhandling the Bulls.

They still have a reason that they can't just give up eventhough they are officially out of the playoffs. Mr. Phil Jackson is in the stands.

Hopefully Knicks win and gave the 3 spot back to the Raps.

jsumadchat
04-13-2014, 09:11 PM
i dunno man. im starting to think that we'll probably make it out of the first round regardless.

at this point, im concerned more about who we face in the second round. im thinking we should position ourselves to face IND in the second round.. hopefully MIA can take back the first spot.

Tmath
04-13-2014, 09:26 PM
The Bulls are going to tank their last games. They don't want Miami in the 2nd round.

killersweet
04-13-2014, 10:12 PM
Thank you knicks for taking care of bulls. now let's get the 3rd seed and avoid the nets

torontosports10
04-13-2014, 11:19 PM
Some of you are crazy to worry about round 2. We haven't earned the right to look past round 1, epically with the way we have been playing D lately.

I'd much rather win out, grab the 3rd seed and worry about round 2 if we get there.

Bigbadmoffo
04-13-2014, 11:59 PM
If Miami and Indiana Tie doesn't Miami get first seed? There 2-2 versus each other but Miami has more Division wins?

cdnsportsfan
04-14-2014, 09:54 AM
Some of you are crazy to worry about round 2. We haven't earned the right to look past round 1, epically with the way we have been playing D lately.

I'd much rather win out, grab the 3rd seed and worry about round 2 if we get there.

This! Everyone is talking second round already, the team has to get there first. And if you had to choose between Brooklyn or Washington, which team would you prefer to face? I'm going with Washington over this veteran, built for the playoffs Nets team. No question in my mind!

Deal with the second round when it comes.

Nick O
04-14-2014, 10:37 AM
we win tonight. and this is the best team in franchise history... i dont like to brag but.. from day 1 was against the tank.. and now were watching a team that has won the division. has home court advantage, the most wins in franchise history , and an above .500 road record.... beautifullll

Nick O
04-14-2014, 10:38 AM
The Bulls are going to tank their last games. They don't want Miami in the 2nd round.

uhhh neither do we...

mjt20mik
04-14-2014, 10:57 AM
Personally, I care about just getting out of the first round. After not being in the playoffs for several years, I cannot look to the 2nd round.

Bob_at_york
04-14-2014, 11:11 AM
Personally, I care about just getting out of the first round. After not being in the playoffs for several years, I cannot look to the 2nd round.

i agree.