PDA

View Full Version : NBA Rivals Concerned That Dante Exum Will Force His Way To The Lakers

JNA17
02-26-2014, 08:43 PM
When projected first-rounder Australian guard Dante Exum told an Australian paper that he planned to speak with Lakers star Kobe Bryant about the transition to the NBA and signed with Bryant's agent, Rob Pelinka, there was a degree of concern that this could be foreshadowing. There were rumors, after all, later denied by Bryant and some executives, that as a high school phenom Bryant had threatened to play in Europe if anyone but the Lakers tried to draft him.

Now the Sporting News reports that some personnel are concerned about the same thing with Exum.

But would Exum go so far as to try to angle his way onto the Lakers, who currently have the fifth-worst record in the NBA? That's the concern among some front-office executives around the league.

“When you hear some of what he says, it does make you wonder how the process is going to go as far as workouts and that sort of thing,” one general manager told Sporting News. “We have seen this story before, of course. I am not sure a player can have that kind of control, though.”

via NBA Draft: Is Dante Exum destined to be a Laker? - NBA - Sporting News.

Pulling that kind of stunt now as opposed to when Bryant did it in the late-90's is a different deal, now. Not only is there more reporting and more scrutiny with the internet and social media, but Adam Silver played a huge hand in the CBA negotiations towards leveling the playing field for small markets to prevent exactly this kind of thing.

Odds are that Exum will be happy no matter where he's drafted and this is a non-factor. But it's interesting that some league personnel have a concern about a possible demand from the youngster.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24457934/report-nba-personnel-concerned-exum-will-try-to-force-his-way-to-lakers

The short version: NBA Teams think Exum will pull a Kobe and demand to be drafted by the Lakers.

For those who have not kept up the news about Exum besides being projected a top 5 or even top 3 player in this upcoming draft, Exum is known to be a HUGE Lakers fan. He also even has the same agent as Kobe Bryant. He has also been going to a few Lakers games recently and has even been spotted outside the Lakers locker room talking to various players/executives. In other words, Exum has been getting a lot of attention with the Lakers both by the media and Lakers fans alike.

Now, let the speculation begin. XD

likemystylez
02-26-2014, 08:49 PM
considering they are tanking- he might not have to force himself there

JNA17
02-26-2014, 08:51 PM

Which is also true.

Kinda funny though that despite not even knowing the draft order yet, teams already are on the look out for the Lakers to come out big. :laugh:

TrueFan420
02-26-2014, 08:57 PM
Like Stylez said, he might not have to force his way there but if I'm a GM and I want him I draft him and tell him either play for me or never play in the nba. It's an easy choice.

Goose17
02-26-2014, 08:59 PM
He doesn't come across as that type of guy, who knows though.

ThunderousDemon
02-26-2014, 09:15 PM
:cool:

NBA_Starter
02-26-2014, 09:17 PM
Even if they get the #1??

JNA17
02-26-2014, 09:19 PM
Even if they get the #1??

Exum then tells other teams that if they draft him to immediately trade him to the Lakers.

So Lakers at 1 draft Embiid, Lakers sign and trade Gasol and Kendall Marshall for Dante Exum.

Boom! :dance:

Leftcoast_yg
02-26-2014, 09:21 PM
Exum then tells other teams that if they draft him to immediately trade him to the Lakers.

So Lakers at 1 draft Embiid, Lakers sign and trade Gasol and Kendall Marshall for Dante Exum.

That would be sexy

TrueFan420
02-26-2014, 09:22 PM
That would be sexy

And completely unrealistic

Teeboy1487
02-26-2014, 09:28 PM
Honestly, he may not have to force his here especially if we land the 4th/5th pick. Still, I don't like it. He should be professional and play for whoever drafts him. If the lakers land a top 3 pick, there are 3 players I want over him.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-26-2014, 09:30 PM

Not sure if serious...

bucketss
02-26-2014, 09:38 PM

lol and why would that team want your garbage?

Slug3
02-26-2014, 09:48 PM
Like Stylez said, he might not have to force his way there but if I'm a GM and I want him I draft him and tell him either play for me or never play in the nba. It's an easy choice.

It's really not that easy. I don't see too many GMs willing to risk a draft pick on someone that could call their bluff and just not play. They then could be out of a pick.

FriedTofuz
02-26-2014, 10:06 PM
If the lakers get the number 1 pick, we're drafting embiid, and then signing melo and kevin love. Bye.

TrueFan420
02-26-2014, 10:06 PM
It's really not that easy. I don't see too many GMs willing to risk a draft pick on someone that could call their bluff and just not play. They then could be out of a pick.

It's more of a risk with a euro player who could be making more overseas (at home) than a young American (out of college) but just like the Rubio situation the nba is everyone's dream/final destination. If that kid is a real competitor he will want to push himself and if he wants to be the best there is only one league. He won't forgo millions of dollars and the best league to not playing or playing overseas. Rubio would have come sooner if not for the stupid rule about the nba team only being able to contribute 500k to helping him buyout his contract.

TrueFan420
02-26-2014, 10:07 PM
If the lakers get the number 1 pick, we're drafting embiid, and then signing melo and kevin love. Bye.

Hahahaha

JJ_JKidd
02-26-2014, 10:09 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24457934/report-nba-personnel-concerned-exum-will-try-to-force-his-way-to-lakers

The short version: NBA Teams think Exum will pull a Kobe and demand to be drafted by the Lakers.

For those who have not kept up the news about Exum besides being projected a top 5 or even top 3 player in this upcoming draft, Exum is known to be a HUGE Lakers fan. He also even has the same agent as Kobe Bryant. He has also been going to a few Lakers games recently and has even been spotted outside the Lakers locker room talking to various players/executives. In other words, Exum has been getting a lot of attention with the Lakers both by the media and Lakers fans alike.

Now, let the speculation begin. XD

Who the F cares?? Is he the next great PG ala Stockton, Nash, Kidd? Too early to tell.

*see Ricky Rubio

BoSox47
02-26-2014, 10:27 PM

lmao keep dreaming, no one is taking that trash for exum.

BoSox47
02-26-2014, 10:29 PM

I dont think anyones headed to lakers until kobe leave. Too damaged and unreliable at this stage of his career and taking up way to much cap space.

Phenom1
02-26-2014, 10:40 PM

We are not tanking, we are just really bad. Their starters are a buncha D-leaguers and bench players. With Gasol as the only exemption.

Phenom1
02-26-2014, 10:44 PM
I dont think anyones headed to lakers until kobe leave. Too damaged and unreliable at this stage of his career and taking up way to much cap space.

Never doubt the Lakers, besides competitive players love playing with Kobe. Only jokesters like Howard are the ones that can't handle it.

BoSox47
02-26-2014, 10:51 PM
Never doubt the Lakers, besides competitive players love playing with Kobe. Only jokesters like Howard are the ones that can't handle it.

What big name free agents have come to LA during kobe stay in LA? Shaq left, Howard Left...

Eagles4Lyfe
02-26-2014, 10:54 PM

I swear you are a Raptors fan?

I'd love this if my Raps can't get him then my Kobe should:) Kids going to be sick

Sadds The Gr8
02-26-2014, 11:00 PM
What an asshat

Leftcoast_yg
02-26-2014, 11:46 PM

Completely!??? How so grinch?

Leftcoast_yg
02-26-2014, 11:47 PM

Trash is your way of thinking

JNA17
02-26-2014, 11:55 PM
Not sure if serious...

If you thought I was serious, then god bless you.

JNA17
02-26-2014, 11:57 PM

You don't say?

http://stickerish.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/YouDontSayBlackSS.png

Leftcoast_yg
02-27-2014, 12:06 AM
You cry babys forget were talking about the Lakersss we own the nba

Phenom1
02-27-2014, 12:08 AM
What big name free agents have come to LA during kobe stay in LA? Shaq left, Howard Left...

Shaq didn't leave, he got traded. What I meant is no one really minds playing with him, especially those that are all about winning. I dont recall anyone demanding a trade or leaving the lakers via free agency except Howard. And the Lakers don't really sign star players, they trade for them. That's why I think they will trade their pick to get Love. Hopefully not though! I want young talented player like Wiggins!

JNA17
02-27-2014, 12:09 AM

And with David Stern out of the picture, no more "basketball reasons"! :dance:

Phenom1
02-27-2014, 12:10 AM
I swear you are a Raptors fan?

I'd love this if my Raps can't get him then my Kobe should:) Kids going to be sick

I honestly don't get the hype on him. I think he will be good, but not really a star. I think after Parker, Wiggins and Embilid, the rest of the draft class doesnt have franchise type players.

Leftcoast_yg
02-27-2014, 12:15 AM
And with David Stern out of the picture, no more "basketball reasons"! :dance:

Quick!! Everyone do the L T

JNA17
02-27-2014, 12:16 AM
I honestly don't get the hype on him. I think he will be good, but not really a star. I think after Parker, Exum, Randle and Embilid, the rest of the draft class doesnt have franchise type players.

Fixed.

Phenom1
02-27-2014, 12:21 AM
Fixed.

You don't think Wiggins will be a star!? Idk I'm not sold on Exum yet.

JNA17
02-27-2014, 12:34 AM
You don't think Wiggins will be a star!? Idk I'm not sold on Exum yet.

Wiggins will be a total bust in my honest opinion. At best, his ceiling is basically an Andre Igualdola with a better shot.

Arch Stanton
02-27-2014, 12:43 AM
I hear the Lakers are drafting the Middle East in the next draft. They will have some trouble posting up Africa in the playoffs but their future is bright.

5ass
02-27-2014, 12:43 AM
Dante Sexum.

LakerShow
02-27-2014, 12:45 AM
If we get the first pick I'm gonna LOL. But exum does wanna be a laker and is forcing it. :dance:

JNA17
I hear the Lakers are drafting the Middle East in the next draft. They will have some trouble posting up Africa in the playoffs but their future is bright.

...forgive my lack of comprehension skills but what the **** did you even say? 0_0

TorontoHuskies
wiggins will be a total bust in my honest opinion. At best, his ceiling is basically an andre igualdola with a better shot.

lmfao!

Chronz
02-27-2014, 12:48 AM
Not gonna lie, when i heard he was meeting with Kobe, first thing i thought was about Kobe forcing his way to a big market

shep33
02-27-2014, 01:13 AM
Dante Sexum.

This

Hawkeye15
02-27-2014, 01:18 AM
As a GM, I wouldn't give a **** where this kid wanted to play. You have him for a handful of years, no need to give into premadonna like wishes. As these kids become men, they have a better understanding of being a professional.

TrueFan420
02-27-2014, 01:31 AM
Completely!??? How so grinch?
How so? Well let's see an old Pau and a former first that can only pass the rock and will prob never be more than a bench player. Yea unrealistic. No rebuilding team is interested in that.

Trash is your way of thinking
Ok simmer down now child. The guy that propose that even said he was joking because of how unrealistic it was.

Bostonjorge
02-27-2014, 02:34 AM
1st and 2nd picks are locked with wiggins and Parker. After that it depends what teams want position wise. Lakers with 3rd would love embiid a 7 foot C in a lakers Jersey. Other teams may look at randle or exum at 3.

So much for players not wanting to play in LA. Lakers land one of those rookies and sign a top free agent(melo) then the vets will follow.

jsthornton7
02-27-2014, 03:40 AM

Why are people so caught up with Free Agents coming to LA? We can trade for players that WANT to be here as well(obviously D12 is the exception). Ron Artest, Pau Gasol, Steve Nash to name a couple. Chris Paul wanted to come here also, before the trade was blocked.

jsthornton7
02-27-2014, 03:45 AM
Wiggins will be a total bust in my honest opinion. At best, his ceiling is basically an Andre Igualdola with a better shot.

Andre Iguodala with a better shot = Perennial All-Star. I would call that a success and that would probably be the exact opposite of a "total bust".

Out of Wiggins, Embiid, Exum, and Parker, I absolutely do not want LAL to draft Jabari Parker. He is going to be a tweener with no position who can't play defense. That's great he can score, so can Michael Beasley. I hope the Celtics draft Parker.

jsthornton7
02-27-2014, 03:47 AM

double post

Cracka2HI!
02-27-2014, 04:09 AM
A new topic is trending in the NBA forum!

PurpleLynch
02-27-2014, 06:56 AM
It shouldn't be hard.We're finishing the season and it's look like we're gonna land surely a top 5 pick,maybe 4th or 5th choice.Bucks tank is unbeatable,we're fighting with Orlando and Phila to get a better position. But there's a good hope we can land a good player at the draft(finally!)

Knicks21
02-27-2014, 07:41 AM
Typical Australian huge lakers fan.

xxplayerxx23
02-27-2014, 10:37 AM
If I'm a GM i tell the kid, no I won't trade you lakers have nothing go ahead we have a contract go ahead and sit until that contract is up.

xxplayerxx23
02-27-2014, 10:40 AM
Andre Iguodala with a better shot = Perennial All-Star. I would call that a success and that would probably be the exact opposite of a "total bust".

Out of Wiggins, Embiid, Exum, and Parker, I absolutely do not want LAL to draft Jabari Parker. He is going to be a tweener with no position who can't play defense. That's great he can score, so can Michael Beasley. I hope the Celtics draft Parker.

Don't listen to him. His celling is far higher then that. He's probably seen two games of wiggins and thinks he knows. And lol says who? Parker is a 3 that can score, he will learn to play D. He has all the tools to succeed.

BoSox47
02-27-2014, 10:41 AM
Shaq didn't leave, he got traded. What I meant is no one really minds playing with him, especially those that are all about winning. I dont recall anyone demanding a trade or leaving the lakers via free agency except Howard. And the Lakers don't really sign star players, they trade for them. That's why I think they will trade their pick to get Love. Hopefully not though! I want young talented player like Wiggins!

Shaq demanded to be traded.

deaner
02-27-2014, 10:45 AM

Wake up, you don't even own your town.

BoSox47
02-27-2014, 10:45 AM
Why are people so caught up with Free Agents coming to LA? We can trade for players that WANT to be here as well(obviously D12 is the exception). Ron Artest, Pau Gasol, Steve Nash to name a couple. Chris Paul wanted to come here also, before the trade was blocked.

Someone had said competitive players want to play with kobe so i replied what big name free agents had come to the lakers while kobe was there.

I was responding to what someone else said you should really look back in the thread to get the whole conversation before you take one comment out of a discussion and respond to it.

TorontoHuskies
02-27-2014, 12:44 PM
Don't listen to him. His celling is far higher then that. He's probably seen two games of wiggins and thinks he knows. And lol says who? Parker is a 3 that can score, he will learn to play D. He has all the tools to succeed.

I've watched enough of both and ever since the first couple weeks when Jabari was playing out of his mind he's been struggling. I think other teams have figured him how to guard him and now he's basically been stuck playing the 4/5 positions because he can't guard other 3's and has been struggling to score on them as well. He could end up as a tweener if he doesn't figure these things out because he's just to slow to guard other 3's.

5ass
02-27-2014, 02:12 PM
Apparently the other team he wants to play for is the magic. Says hes good friends with dipo

D-Leethal
02-27-2014, 02:14 PM
Rubio said the same ****.

S & B Bleeder
02-27-2014, 02:49 PM
Don't listen to him

If your garbage sig made in MSPaint is any indication of your "knowledge" in any sport, then you should be ignored and altogether deleted.

You are aware that the sharpie dong on Eli's face should be square on Bradys forehead since Eli has PWNED him in both of the biggest games they've faced against each other, right? 18-1 will ALWAYS be hilarious. ALWAYS. :D

futureman
02-27-2014, 03:30 PM
I hope Jabari forces his way to the Jazz.

jsthornton7
02-27-2014, 06:24 PM

Definitely. My point was that the guy said Wiggins would be a total bust and then goes on to say he can become a better version than Iggy. LOL completely contradictory.

In addition to what i've seen of Jabari, where he gets completely exposed defensively game to game. I've heard many analysts say he is awful on D. Chris Mannix, Doris Burke, Sean Farnum, Chad Ford, Fran Fraschilla, Seth Greenberg have all cited his lackluster defense as a major concern in terms of his success in the NBA. Is he fast enough to keep up with athletic SF or strong enough to guard PF's in the post? Who knows where he fits defensively.

Parker can definitely improve on D, but I'd rather take my chances with Wiggins, Embiid or Exum.

jsthornton7
02-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Someone had said competitive players want to play with kobe so i replied what big name free agents had come to the lakers while kobe was there.

I was responding to what someone else said you should really look back in the thread to get the whole conversation before you take one comment out of a discussion and respond to it.

You said:

I don't see how that is taking your post out of context in anyway. Seems to me you are trying to change the subject by implying hadn't read anything before that, which would be an assumption on your part.

I responded to your post saying that you are wrong to question what competitive players would want to come and play with Kobe. All the players I have mentioned in my previous post wanted to come play in LA with Kobe. Just because it doesn't happen in free agency doesn't mean that players don't want to come here.

jerellh528
02-27-2014, 06:35 PM
Would be awesome if the lakers drafted Embiid, traded 2016 1st and 2nd, And whoever else for exum, pick up love next yr, then kd following yr.

Exum
Kobe
Durant
Love
Embiid.
That still leaves plenty of $$ for a quality bench Lol I can dream right.

jsthornton7
02-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Would be awesome if the lakers drafted Embiid, traded 2016 1st and 2nd, And whoever else for exum, pick up love next yr, then kd following yr.

Exum
Kobe
Durant
Love
Embiid.

You can dream, but unless the Lakers acquire another 1st round pick somehow, they cannot trade their 2016 1st until after they have selected the player, you know... in 2016. :)

TorontoHuskies
02-27-2014, 07:49 PM
Definitely. My point was that the guy said Wiggins would be a total bust and then goes on to say he can become a better version than Iggy. LOL completely contradictory.

In addition to what i've seen of Jabari, where he gets completely exposed defensively game to game. I've heard many analysts say he is awful on D. Chris Mannix, Doris Burke, Sean Farnum, Chad Ford, Fran Fraschilla, Seth Greenberg have all cited his lackluster defense as a major concern in terms of his success in the NBA. Is he fast enough to keep up with athletic SF or strong enough to guard PF's in the post? Who knows where he fits defensively.

Parker can definitely improve on D, but I'd rather take my chances with Wiggins, Embiid or Exum.

I'm sure he'll improve somewhat but you can't teach speed or quickness. If Parker can't keep up with SF in the NCAA how will he in the NBA? IMO he's got tweener potential because of his D.

jsthornton7
02-27-2014, 07:51 PM
I'm sure he'll improve somewhat but you can't teach speed or quickness. If Parker can't keep up with SF in the NCAA how will he in the NBA? IMO he's got tweener potential because of his D.

Exactly.

Leftcoast_yg
02-27-2014, 08:31 PM
As a GM, I wouldn't give a **** where this kid wanted to play. You have him for a handful of years, no need to give into premadonna like wishes. As these kids become men, they have a better understanding of being a professional.

Dont tell that to dwight

thenaj17
02-28-2014, 06:45 AM
If I'm a GM i tell the kid, no I won't trade you lakers have nothing go ahead we have a contract go ahead and sit until that contract is up.

And you'd willingly use a top 5 draft pick on a player that refuses to play for you? I like that you have strong principles but it's a big risk and it would almost certainly backfire on you

thenaj17
02-28-2014, 06:47 AM
You can dream, but unless the Lakers acquire another 1st round pick somehow, they cannot trade their 2016 1st until after they have selected the player, you know... in 2016. :)

That and the fact Kobe will be done by 2016, Durant won't be coming here and as you said impossible we get both Embiid and Exum.

Goose17
02-28-2014, 08:54 AM
I'm sure he'll improve somewhat but you can't teach speed or quickness.

You can improve on them though. Do you think track athletes come out out of the womb running sprints?

futureman
02-28-2014, 02:23 PM

Exum
Kobe
Durant
Love
Embiid.

Love will be playing for the Clippers long before that happens. If the Lakers don't trade their pick on draft night, Love will end up traded to the Clippers, GS, Chicago or NY. I'm calling it.

Tony_Starks
02-28-2014, 02:34 PM
Love will be playing for the Clippers long before that happens. If the Lakers don't trade their pick on draft night, Love will end up traded to the Clippers, GS, Chicago or NY. I'm calling it.

Who would the Clippers give up? Damn sure not Blake and if he keeps improving probably not even DJ.....

king4day
02-28-2014, 02:36 PM
With Restricted Free Agency, he has no say in the deal. If a team wants him, he's guaranteed to be there for 5-8 years at least.

sunsfan88
02-28-2014, 06:49 PM
I hope Lakers draft him over Embiid, Parker, and Wiggins.

jsthornton7
02-28-2014, 06:52 PM
I hope Lakers draft him over Embiid, Parker, and Wiggins.

I hope the Lakers draft him as well, but not before Embiid or Wiggins.

BTW are Suns fans getting worried about the making the playoffs at all?

rollins94
02-28-2014, 07:30 PM
Who would the Clippers give up? Damn sure not Blake and if he keeps improving probably not even DJ.....

In a thread full of delusion, the idea that the clippers wouldnt move jordan for kevin love probably takes the cake. no doubt jordan is improving quite a bit but love is a top 10 player. additionally, blake and love would be awesome complements offensively in a way Jordan cant do for blake because he cant strech the floor. altho no doubt jordan is a better fit defensively and size-wise.

clips would have to toss in some salary to make that deal work, but no way the clips wouldnt do that in a heartbeat

Tony_Starks
02-28-2014, 07:53 PM
In a thread full of delusion, the idea that the clippers wouldnt move jordan for kevin love probably takes the cake. no doubt jordan is improving quite a bit but love is a top 10 player. additionally, blake and love would be awesome complements offensively in a way Jordan cant do for blake because he cant strech the floor. altho no doubt jordan is a better fit defensively and size-wise.

clips would have to toss in some salary to make that deal work, but no way the clips wouldnt do that in a heartbeat

I doubt it. Clippers are already unreliable defensively and DJ is easily their best defender and is still improving. Doc is trying to build a defensive culture there, swapping him for Love would be a big step backwards. They don't need more scoring and furthermore I seriously doubt Sterling wants 3 max contracts on his books which is what Love would demand......

Sssmush
02-28-2014, 10:46 PM

Yeah... It's called "welcome to Cleveland, you're stuck here for 4 years until you can embarass the **** out of us on a live Sportscenter extravaganza and then tell us to **** ourselves and then go to LA and win 4 titles approach."

When will teams learn that they need players to WANT to play for them? There shouldnt even be a draft, it's not really legal in the first place.

LoL Lebron would never go back to Cleveland, and if he did he'd be like some pathetic kiss *** to the owner there. He should never go there unless there is a new CBA and he gets a (big) slice of the team.

But yeah, Exum? He wants to come to LA so we should hope for that. Who the hell wants to see him stuck in Minnesota or Cleveland for five years? How gross is that. Seriously, go play in Europe for $6m a year and enjoy yourself for a few years till they trade ur "rights"

FlashBolt
03-01-2014, 02:18 PM
Look at all these LAL fans being so unrealistic. Whatever you guys do, you have to understand that Miami/OKC is still going to beat your team because there is no way Kobe can lead a team as the first option. Dante Exum is a player that will dominate in 3-4 years, not 1-2. Stop getting your hopes up with these silly proposals. Gasol/Marshall for a player with so much upside in Exum? Haha. Well, can't say I blame you. If my team just came off the worst season ever, I would too dream of such.

KnicksYanks
03-01-2014, 04:06 PM
Lol no

5ass
03-01-2014, 04:34 PM
You would think dwight walking out on the lakers would humble their fans a bit, but i guess not.

CKinKC
03-01-2014, 05:08 PM

Exactly. Only the Kobe haters of the world act like Kobe is such a huge cancer, but obviously must of done something right...he has 5 rings...I'd take that cancerous image any day. Also, yes Howard will probably never win a single one

Tony_Starks
03-01-2014, 05:15 PM
You would think dwight walking out on the lakers would humble their fans a bit, but i guess not.

You have a unhealthy obsession over the Lakers and their fans. Perhaps it would be more prudent to be concerned about, I don't know, your team? Your fans?

Just a thought.

albertajaysfan
03-01-2014, 05:30 PM
Based on where the Lakers will likely be picking there is a good shot he is available anyways.

5ass
03-02-2014, 04:22 AM
You have a unhealthy obsession over the Lakers and their fans. Perhaps it would be more prudent to be concerned about, I don't know, your team? Your fans?

Just a thought.

Lakers.

TrueFan420
03-02-2014, 06:57 PM
Exactly. Only the Kobe haters of the world act like Kobe is such a huge cancer, but obviously must of done something right...he has 5 rings...I'd take that cancerous image any day. Also, yes Howard will probably never win a single one
He got that image after chasing shaq away so he wouldn't be in his shadow. So that takes 3 rings. Whether or not Howard wins a ring is debatable but he has a better shot with Houston than he does with the lakers right now.

sammyvine
03-02-2014, 08:59 PM
He got that image after chasing shaq away so he wouldn't be in his shadow. So that takes 3 rings. Whether or not Howard wins a ring is debatable but he has a better shot with Houston than he does with the lakers right now.

I will be shocked if howard wins a ring as the main man.

Kobe was on the lakers team that won 5 rings even if shaq was the best player. He is a 5 time champion/

TrueFan420
03-02-2014, 09:10 PM
I will be shocked if howard wins a ring as the main man.

Kobe was on the lakers team that won 5 rings even if shaq was the best player. He is a 5 time champion/

So Howard has to win as the main man but Kobe can be the second best player for 3 of his but they still hold the same value? A little bias there...

NBA_Starter
03-02-2014, 11:17 PM
This is going to be interesting for sure.

jerellh528
03-03-2014, 12:21 AM
Lol I swear. People hate the lakers and their fans more than they love their own teams.