PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Mock Playoffs: HOU vs POR

Shammyguy3
02-25-2014, 07:12 PM
This year the Bulls' Forum held a Mock-Trade deadline game. During this game, due to there being some really bad teams, some rosters were combined with others to increase parity. All teams made the playoffs. Users acted as GMs and tried to improve their team primarily through trade. All players are 100% healthy in these scenarios. So, in a 7-game series which team would win?

3. Houston
PG: Tony Parker - Shaun Livingston
SG: Manu Ginobili - Kyle Korver
SF: Jimmy Butler - Danny Granger - Matt Barnes
PF: Kevin Love - Kenyon Martin - Greg Smith
C: Joakim Noah - Kosta Koufus - Byron Mullens

6. Portland
PG: Damian Lillard - Mo Williams - Earl Watson
SG: Klay Thompson - Tony Allen
SF: Nicolas Batum - Terrence Ross - Jeremy Evans
PF: David Lee - Taj Gibson - Joel Freeland
C: Andrew Bogut - Meyers Leonard - Nazr Mohammed

Houston has Home-court advantage

KnicksorBust
02-25-2014, 09:59 PM
Love Houston. Their starting 5 does it all.

TrueFan420
02-25-2014, 11:04 PM
I think my Portland side matches up well with Houston.

Lilard and Parker are very close this year. Yes Parker has more history but the gap isn't that great.
Klay is better than manu now. Manu isn't the same player.
Batum is better than jimmy
David lee matches up with klove well
Bogut and Noah match up well as well.

Go to bench and he has korver and that's it. Hell idk if his back pf is even still in the league. His drop off is drastic. While I can bring on tony Allen to guard Parker, moe for extra scoring and taj to d up klove. I won't miss a beat with my 8 man rotation. He can't rely on 6 players to win him this series.

KnicksorBust
02-25-2014, 11:07 PM
His frontcourt destroys you...

Shammyguy3
02-25-2014, 11:52 PM
I think my Portland side matches up well with Houston.

Lilard and Parker are very close this year. Yes Parker has more history but the gap isn't that great.
Klay is better than manu now. Manu isn't the same player.
Batum is better than jimmy
David lee matches up with klove well
Bogut and Noah match up well as well.

Go to bench and he has korver and that's it. Hell idk if his back pf is even still in the league. His drop off is drastic. While I can bring on tony Allen to guard Parker, moe for extra scoring and taj to d up klove. I won't miss a beat with my 8 man rotation. He can't rely on 6 players to win him this series.

you matchup well, but your team is like that little train that could. I think. Matching up well doesn't mean you're better. And he easily has the best player in the series in Love, arguably has the second best guy in Parker, and in my book definitely has the two best defenders in Butler & Noah over Batum & Bogut.

The games would be close, but HOU wins in 5 maybe 6

TrueFan420
02-26-2014, 01:03 AM
His frontcourt destroys you...

Klove is definately better than lee no doubt but lee is very underrated. Dude averages 20 & 10. Not to mention taj off the bench to d up love.

Noah and Bogut are putting up similar numbers. Healthy Bogut (which he is this year) is just as good defensively and with far less usage has similar ppg.

Yes on paper his front court is better but not by that much. Especially when you take into account that he has no subs. While I have taj. My backcourt is better. Lillard isn't far behind Parker and Klay is better than manu. Plus I have mo and Allen off the bench to korver. Batum is better than butler.

His starting 5 looks more sexy but he isn't the better team. And the starters can't play every minute.

TrueFan420
02-26-2014, 01:09 AM
you matchup well, but your team is like that little train that could. I think. Matching up well doesn't mean you're better. And he easily has the best player in the series in Love, arguably has the second best guy in Parker, and in my book definitely has the two best defenders in Butler & Noah over Batum & Bogut.

The games would be close, but HOU wins in 5 maybe 6

I think you're under selling my team. Parker isn't that much better than lillard. Batum is a better defender and player than butler. Noah is slightly better than Bogut but Bogut is healthy and putting up similar number with much less usage. Lee is the only 20 & 10 pf that gets zero love. Especially considering his defense is much improved. Manu isn't the same allstar player he once was. Klay is the better player. Let's not forget that he can't play his starters the whole game. Korver is good but he won't get far with a 6 man rotation. I'm 8 deep and won't miss a beat with a sub. As well as Ross playing very well right now as well.

O_Touro
02-26-2014, 05:20 AM
This year Manu and Parker numbers are misleading. Why? Pop keeps his players in low minutes per game in the regular.

Manu is playing 23mpg.
Manu is scoring 18.6points per36
Manu is making 6.8ast per36

Parker is playing 30mpg.
Parker is scoring 20.6points per36. Thats his 3rd best year so far.
Parker is shoting a career high of .375 from 3point
Parker is making is 2nd best year in FT rate (80%)

Manu and parker ARE NOT declining.

Noah vrs Bogut? The only thing that NOAH doesnt do is shooting. He is an excelente rebounder, excelente passer, excelente team player, excelente defender. He has even developed the hability of passing of the drible.

I dont need to explain K Love.

Batum? Yeah overall is better but it doesnt hurt me at all. Jimmy only purpuse on this team is Defense and passing. Some ocasional 3pt shooting.... He does that well and i have enought shooting and scoring on my team.

Finnally, you can argue that you can load the paint and stop my frountcourt... ill just bring Korver to the floor and shot wide open 3s :)

Anyway, good luck Truefan ;)

PS: Neverming the english, im from Portugal

Shammyguy3
02-26-2014, 01:23 PM
I think you're under selling my team.

No, I don't think so

Parker isn't that much better than lillard.

That's clearly why I said arguably.

Batum is a better defender and player than butler.

Batum is definitely not a better defender. He's a better player, but not better defender.

Noah is slightly better than Bogut but Bogut is healthy and putting up similar number with much less usage.

Noah's usage is 18.2% this year. Bogut's is 13.1%. There's a difference, but Noah's usage is higher only because he's the Bulls' BEST player this year. Switch Bogut and Noah IRL and you'll see those numbers flip.

Lee is the only 20 & 10 pf that gets zero love. Especially considering his defense is much improved. Manu isn't the same allstar player he once was. Klay is the better player. Let's not forget that he can't play his starters the whole game. Korver is good but he won't get far with a 6 man rotation. I'm 8 deep and won't miss a beat with a sub. As well as Ross playing very well right now as well.

He has Livingston and Koufos, averaging 24.8mpg and 18.2mpg respectfully. Noah can play 36 minutes a night, so Koufos can fill in just fine. Parker can play 34 minutes a night, so Livingston has him fine. Korver can play 30 minutes if needed, so the SG rotation is perfectly fine. Butler can play 40+ minutes a night, seriously.

You're overselling your depth and underselling his, not that it matters because his starters can play 35+ minutes if needed sans Manu, of which Korver is a perfect backup

Shammyguy3
02-26-2014, 05:22 PM
6 votes is bad

Shammyguy3
02-27-2014, 01:38 AM
bumpy