PDA

View Full Version : If Bosh opts out...

Goose17
02-25-2014, 05:50 PM
Where do you think he could end up if he doesn't return to Miami? I'm not saying he will leave, just that the possibility exists and he is still a very good player, could be a very solid second option on a team.

The only team I can think of with the cap space to sign him is Philly and Dallas?

I only made this because I haven't seen many people on here discussing it, most seem to think Wade won't be going anywhere and Lebron has been discussed all year, but there's not been a whole lot of talk about Bosh.

Chronz
02-25-2014, 05:59 PM
LA, Houston or Dallas

Pierzynski4Prez
02-25-2014, 06:01 PM
Having made like 130+ million so far in his career, I think he opts out for long term security, but remains in Miami on a discounted contract (something like 5/80-5/90). I don't think he cares so much about getting a max at this point of his career as opposed to leaving a dynasty. Only way he leaves is if James leaves.

Shammyguy3
02-25-2014, 06:23 PM
Bosh could end up with 4+ rings if he stays with MIA - and he loves it down there. I think he and Wade definitely stay. But if Bosh did leave, I can see him going to Chicago if they clear enough cap, Phoenix, San Antonio, Boston, Dallas, Lakers, Washington. How crazy would it be if he decided to return to Toronto though? :laugh2:

2-ONE-5
02-25-2014, 06:25 PM
no soht we try to add him nor do i think he has any interest in being a 6-8 seed at best in Philly.

ManningToTyree
02-25-2014, 06:30 PM
I don't see him going anywhere

Minimal
02-25-2014, 06:35 PM
"I'm in Miami for the rest of my career. I plan to be there. I plan to retire there. I plan to win hopefully a lot more championships there. So that's where home is." - Chris Bosh

Srs he lives in a sunny Miami, plays with great teammates, he has a huge mansion in Miami, a family, he is 2 time champion, gonna make 40+ millions next 2 years, he settled, thats the place he wants to be.. Now the question is.. Why would he leave Miami?

JEDean89
02-25-2014, 06:38 PM
If the Nuggets could do it they could be a force next year. He could be the number one option and we would have to clear Wilson Chandler, Hickson, Foye, Faried and Arthur, which would clear almost 20 mil, might need to clear Mozzy. But a lineup of Ty, Fournier, Gallo, Bosh, McGee + our pick from the Knicks this year would be a pretty awesome team. Don't see him signing in denver though...

72 Wins
02-25-2014, 06:39 PM
"I'm in Miami for the rest of my career. I plan to be there. I plan to retire there. I plan to win hopefully a lot more championships there. So that's where home is." - Chris Bosh

Srs he lives in a sunny Miami, plays with great teammates, he has a huge mansion in Miami, a family, he is 2 time champion, he settled, thats the place he wants to be.. Now the question is.. Why would he leave Miami?

If they don't want to pay him, I can see him leaving. But I don't think he'll insist on a max, something competitive/respectable as Pierzynski4Prez suggested.

Minimal
02-25-2014, 06:45 PM
If they don't want to pay him, I can see him leaving. But I don't think he'll insist on a max, something competitive/respectable as Pierzynski4Prez suggested.
He made a lot of money in his career and I don't think he is that guy who chases money, I think he'll easily accept 10 million a year when time comes or even less.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2014, 06:55 PM
he took to being a 3rd option so fast, I don't think he would want to go somewhere at this point where he would be asked to assume #1 responsibility. I only see him leaving if James does honestly.

Slug3
02-25-2014, 06:59 PM
I highly doubt he leaves. But he's from Dallas so could maybe want to go home. If it's something he cared about.

Stunner
02-25-2014, 07:06 PM
The Bulls could actually sign him too if they wanted

DallasTrilla23
02-25-2014, 08:52 PM
Bulls or LA

IKnowHoops
02-25-2014, 11:31 PM
He made a lot of money in his career and I don't think he is that guy who chases money, I think he'll easily accept 10 million a year when time comes or even less.

There is no way he will take 10 mill or less a year if he can get 20 mill a year somewhere else. If he can get 20 somewhere else, he would maybe go as low as 17mill, depending on the tax breaks because I know Miami has an easier tax situation so maybe he would take even less, but all things being equal, no idiot on earth takes half the salary. I can see 8/10 of it at the lowest.

IKnowHoops
02-25-2014, 11:34 PM
At the end of the day, the Heat are in a great position because even if Bron and Bosh leave, they have tons of cap space with literally no one on the books, and D wade still who will be a guy who can put up 24 a night on 48% shooting if he is the man. They will be able to surround him with a lot of talent and they will still be good. Maybe Melo goes to play with him. Who knows but they can do anything they want.

beasted86
02-25-2014, 11:50 PM

Yes, opt out of $20M+ per x 2 years and sign for $10M per "or even less"... a lot of thought went into this idea.

P&GRealist
02-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Raptors

justinnum1
02-26-2014, 01:02 AM
The Bulls could actually sign him too if they wanted

If bosh wants to win more rings, he won't be going to the bulls.

king4day
02-26-2014, 01:05 AM
He'd fit like a glove in Phoenix

numba1CHANGsta
02-26-2014, 01:07 AM
He's going to Dallas book it

LA_Raiders
02-26-2014, 01:19 AM
He is going to stay. He needs two super stars to win. He doesn't have the drive to do it on his own.

c.c.
02-26-2014, 02:01 AM
LA, Houston or Dallas

The Rockets and Mavs both tried to acquire him before he chose Miami. He from Dallas but stated that he never liked the Mavs and don't wanna play near home because family and friends will be free loading off him too often. So I think those two teams would be out of the question plus the Mavs did deny him of his first potential chance to be a NBA champion.
I honestly don't like Bosh but we could really use him so I guess I will welcome him here. Even though the odds are very slim that he would play for a Texas team.

IKnowHoops
02-26-2014, 02:42 AM
The Rockets and Mavs both tried to acquire him before he chose Miami. He from Dallas but stated that he never liked the Mavs and don't wanna play near home because family and friends will be free loading off him too often. So I think those two teams would be out of the question plus the Mavs did deny him of his first potential chance to be a NBA champion.
I honestly don't like Bosh but we could really use him so I guess I will welcome him here. Even though the odds are very slim that he would play for a Texas team.

Playing for the rockets would actually be a really good fit for Bosh. Maybe even the best fit. He is underused on Miami at best. I think between He, Dwight and Harden, Bosh would probably get the perfect amount of touches every game and then high spikes here and there. But with Dwights limitations scoring, his skill set would be called upon every night in full necessity for them to challenge for a ring, unlike the Heat who won games where he did very little, not all his fault by any means, but if he played like that for Houston they'ed get smashed on. They will never be better than what the Heat are now, but still good enough to win a ring if a team that good doesn't exist because of his departure to Houston.

c.c.
02-26-2014, 02:53 AM
Playing for the rockets would actually be a really good fit for Bosh. Maybe even the best fit. He is underused on Miami at best. I think between He, Dwight and Harden, Bosh would probably get the perfect amount of touches every game and then high spikes here and there. But with Dwights limitations scoring, his skill set would be called upon every night in full necessity for them to challenge for a ring, unlike the Heat who won games where he did very little, not all his fault by any means, but if he played like that for Houston they'ed get smashed on. They will never be better than what the Heat are now, but still good enough to win a ring if a team that good doesn't exist because of his departure to Houston.

Yeah that's the only reason why I would welcome him because that Bosh piece would be best fit for our puzzle. Unless he has a change of heart about his home state, I seriously doubt that he will come here.

Minimal
02-26-2014, 06:28 AM
Yes, opt out of $20M+ per x 2 years and sign for $10M per "or even less"... a lot of thought went into this idea.

There is a reason I mentioned he is gonna make 40+ millions next 2 years... he ain't gonna opt out duh

Badluck33
02-26-2014, 08:19 AM
no soht we try to add him nor do i think he has any interest in being a 6-8 seed at best in Philly.

The future in philly looks bright for the 76ers....

They got money and will have good young talent.

TylerSL
02-26-2014, 09:14 AM
Bosh is not going to opt out, but if he does it would be to resign a new contract with Miami. What it comes down to is he is not going to leave Miami. Not only has Bosh seen by far the greatest success on the court during his 4 year tenure, he has also found stability in Miami as well. He has gotten married and had 2 children since coming to Miami as well.

Bosh is going to stay put in Miami until at least Wade retires. I could see Bosh ending his career with Dallas or Houston though. When he retires and gets in the HoF he will be remembered as a member of the Miami Heat.

Leftcoast_yg
02-26-2014, 10:02 AM
I believe once he realizes that the romance of him and miami is over he will cone to reality and look to get paid. A lot of you fans dont realize that the type of money bosh is making is not for life, heck probably for the next 5 years. After that what job will pay him those millions he was making once he HAS to retire and live off that money he made til he's 80 plus years old. Think about it, what woyld you do?

celtNYpatsHeels
02-26-2014, 10:10 AM
Philly.... Bosh Noel Carter-Williams and Parker/Wiggins

Minimal
02-26-2014, 11:09 AM
I believe once he realizes that the romance of him and miami is over he will cone to reality and look to get paid. A lot of you fans dont realize that the type of money bosh is making is not for life, heck probably for the next 5 years. After that what job will pay him those millions he was making once he HAS to retire and live off that money he made til he's 80 plus years old. Think about it, what woyld you do?
You are probably one unsuccessful person in real life. If you have hundred of billions in your bank account, you can always invest them somewhere and make a business, which I'm pretty sure Bosh has already done/doing.

and just lol at "the type of money bosh is making is not for life". None of us mere mortals will ever sniff 1/100 of that money, but we will survive, yet Bosh won't...

85BearsDefense
02-26-2014, 11:23 AM

Srs he lives in a sunny Miami, plays with great teammates, he has a huge mansion in Miami, a family, he is 2 time champion, gonna make 40+ millions next 2 years, he settled, thats the place he wants to be.. Now the question is.. Why would he leave Miami?

Maybe he is sick of being a 3rd option when he is a first? Guy can put up 25-10 easy as a first option.

beasted86
02-26-2014, 09:53 PM
You are probably one unsuccessful person in real life. If you have hundred of billions in your bank account, you can always invest them somewhere and make a business, which I'm pretty sure Bosh has already done/doing.

and just lol at "the type of money bosh is making is not for life". None of us mere mortals will ever sniff 1/100 of that money, but we will survive, yet Bosh won't...

Exactly... Bosh is one of the smartest NBA players. He is probably the last guy I expect to go broke.

FriedTofuz
02-26-2014, 10:04 PM
Exactly... Bosh is one of the smartest NBA players. He is probably the last guy I expect to go broke.

Okay unless you know the financial decision and all information necessary about every NBA players situation, you cant say such a statement.

TheNumber37
02-26-2014, 10:11 PM
Wade will stay.
If Lebron does too, there's no reason to leave.

However, I would do Sign and trade with the Rockets to get Parsons and a slew of guys

Dade County
02-26-2014, 10:41 PM
He is going to stay. He needs two super stars to win. He doesn't have the drive to do it on his own.

Who didn't on their own?

NBA_Starter
02-26-2014, 11:14 PM
OKC or Dallas

sunsfan88
02-28-2014, 06:12 PM
I'd like to see him come to PHX. He'd be a perfect fit.

FlashBolt
02-28-2014, 09:44 PM
Honestly, as a huge Bosh fan since I used to live in Toronto and would watch some Raptors games, Bosh should sign elsewhere where he's the second option. I would love to see him prove to everyone that he is a top 5 power forward because I really think he is. If he wants to make more money, Miami is not the place for him. Despite his pros, Miami would be much better off spending their money on someone who can defend the C, rebound, while also spreading the floor. Hint: Kevin Love on this team is just insane. I think they'll all sign back if they win however if they lose then I can honestly see Wade being the lone member.

Tony_Starks
02-28-2014, 10:07 PM
I don't think Bosh cares about being a 2nd option. He seems very comfortable in his role, and comfortable in MIA contending for years.

I can't see him going elsewhere and starting over for a quick buck. Maybe towards retirement but not anytime soon....

TrueFan420
03-01-2014, 12:28 AM

I seriously doubt he takes less than 10 million. He will want a similar deal to wade and bron.

JNA17
03-01-2014, 12:35 AM
Okay unless you know the financial decision and all information necessary about every NBA players situation, you cant say such a statement.

It was pretty hyperbole to call Bosh one of the smartest NBA players but I know for a fact that Bosh is no where near stupid. He might act like it and go on with jokes and stuff but he's not stupid at all.

beasted86
03-01-2014, 12:44 AM
Honestly, as a huge Bosh fan since I used to live in Toronto and would watch some Raptors games, Bosh should sign elsewhere where he's the second option. I would love to see him prove to everyone that he is a top 5 power forward because I really think he is. If he wants to make more money, Miami is not the place for him. Despite his pros, Miami would be much better off spending their money on someone who can defend the C, rebound, while also spreading the floor. Hint: Kevin Love on this team is just insane. I think they'll all sign back if they win however if they lose then I can honestly see Wade being the lone member.

Funny that you said defend and then mentioned Kevin Love... lulz...