02-25-2014, 04:03 AM
https://twitter.com/HerringWSJ/status/438221167242272768
Better there than on the court

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-25-2014, 04:08 AM
watch Knicks beat Miami now and win 10 in a row :laugh2:

TeamSeattle
02-25-2014, 04:17 AM
The divorce was too much for him and now this happens. This season is only getting worse for us.

From ESPN NY:

NEW YORK -- New York Knicks point guard Raymond Felton was arrested early Tuesday morning on three counts of criminal possession of a weapon, according to a police department spokesman.

Felton was charged with second and third-degree criminal possession of a firearm, which are felonies, and fourth-degree possession of a firearm, which is a misdemeanor, the spokesman said.

Felton is expected to appear in criminal court in Manhattan on Tuesday.

shep33
02-25-2014, 04:20 AM
Crazy. New York has pretty strict gun laws

slashsnake
02-25-2014, 04:41 AM
Yeah, just ask Plaxico Burress. I think he ended up getting 2 years.

Stunner
02-25-2014, 04:43 AM
Felton doing jail time at least a year . Knicks about to release him

Leftcoast_yg
02-25-2014, 04:48 AM
What type of guns are they?

AddiX
02-25-2014, 04:53 AM
I wonder if someone on the team/staff snitched on him.

He could go away for A LONG time, that second degree charge alone is a max of 15 years.

Asik's better
02-25-2014, 05:03 AM
Oh Felton what are you doing. The Knicks are in trouble. Melo has to be on his way out now.

Stunner
02-25-2014, 05:05 AM
At least the Knicks can get rid of a contract

alexander_37
02-25-2014, 05:07 AM
I was half expecting to see that he defaulted on his monthly krispy kreme payments.

Sadds The Gr8
02-25-2014, 05:46 AM
he's fat

alexander_37
02-25-2014, 05:53 AM
he's fat

Between him and Melo I'd bet the Knicks lead the league in bodyfat %

MonroeFAN
02-25-2014, 05:56 AM
woah... he's definitely going away for a little bit

KniCks4LiFe
02-25-2014, 06:16 AM
This guy, hopefully he's done in NY.

NYKNYGNYY
02-25-2014, 06:34 AM
Smh

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-25-2014, 06:45 AM
he's fat

he's fluffy

ghettosean
02-25-2014, 08:04 AM
Should have done the Lowry trade when they had the chance!

Knicks21
02-25-2014, 08:05 AM
Should have done the Lowry trade when they had the chance!

And give away another first to a player who only makes us marginally beter.

ManningToTyree
02-25-2014, 08:06 AM
That's one way to get rid of him

Mizzy27
02-25-2014, 08:32 AM
I guess Raymond Felton finally realized he needed to practice shooting

ManningToTyree
02-25-2014, 08:41 AM
The state of NY took Plax away from a team that needed him. The least they can do is put Felton away for a few years to make up for it.

blastmasta26
02-25-2014, 09:10 AM

Lowry over Felton is more than a marginal upgrade. I don't want to give up firsts either, but just saying

blastmasta26
02-25-2014, 09:10 AM

:laugh2:

effen5
02-25-2014, 09:12 AM
What kinda guns were they? What makes these a felony? Was he carrying them without a cc permit?

ManningToTyree
02-25-2014, 09:19 AM
The weapon wasn't registered to him

Pierzynski4Prez
02-25-2014, 09:22 AM
I read on espn that he turned himself in after the Mavs game. Very confusing. Unless they already had a warrant and he knew about it. If not why on gods earth would you walk into a police precinct and turn yourself in for unregistered guns. Just get them registered. Or get ones that are.

Wonder if someone has some dirt on him and had him do this.

GiantsSwaGG
02-25-2014, 09:26 AM

:laugh2:

RipCity32
02-25-2014, 09:59 AM
That sucks, NYs gun laws are very harsh and I guarantee he does at least a year in prison.

AddiX
02-25-2014, 10:01 AM
I read on espn that he turned himself in after the Mavs game. Very confusing. Unless they already had a warrant and he knew about it. If not why on gods earth would you walk into a police precinct and turn yourself in for unregistered guns. Just get them registered. Or get ones that are.

Wonder if someone has some dirt on him and had him do this.

Apparently a woman who hasn't been identified walked into the police station and gave the police the gun and said it was feltons.

It was a .28 caliber, details are pretty limited right now outside of that.

He's pretty much facing the same charges as plax did, except no one likes Felton in NY, or anywhere else, so he prob gets worse time.

RipCity32
02-25-2014, 10:04 AM
The weapon wasn't registered to him

Damn, Hes screwed. You wont be seeing him for a long time. I got charged with a ccw in Detroit for having a pistol in my car. I only had it because well its Detroit. Here I got the charge dropped to a misdemeanor but I did alot of research into the law and NY is just ridiculously harsh on their gun laws. He wont do less then a year, They might even throw 2 years at him.

koreancabbage
02-25-2014, 10:09 AM

ROFL. have you watched Lowry? he's infinity times better than Felton.

Walt
02-25-2014, 10:12 AM
This sucks for New York. Felton isn't the best PG but now New York is starting 500 year old Pablo Prigioni at PG. Getting rid of Beno hurts now. Can THJ play PG?

GiantsSwaGG
02-25-2014, 10:15 AM
I can see Felton being charge with robbery stealing money from the Knicks

Pierzynski4Prez
02-25-2014, 10:31 AM
Apparently a woman who hasn't been identified walked into the police station and gave the police the gun and said it was feltons.

He's pretty much facing the same charges as plax did, except no one likes Felton in NY, or anywhere else, so he prob gets worse time.

Weird. And likely means he will get off unless there's a lot more details proving Felton possessed these guns.

If I was Felton, I would have gone in, with my attorney, and denied any allegations by that woman, unless she has actual proof that Felton possessed the firearms. If not, it's he said/she said which won't hold up. If she does, I would still take my chances at a trial, unless a plea deal is offered with no jail time.

I mean, if she has no proof, this is no different than anyone walking into a Miami PD and with some guns and claim they are Lebron James. Charges won't stick.

colinskik
02-25-2014, 10:33 AM
I've never understood why athletes, who have money and claim to need guns for protection, just don't get them registered.

Riodagoat
02-25-2014, 10:35 AM
I guess you could say he's going out guns a blazin'.

AddiX
02-25-2014, 10:35 AM
Damn, Hes screwed. You wont be seeing him for a long time. I got charged with a ccw in Detroit for having a pistol in my car. I only had it because well its Detroit. Here I got the charge dropped to a misdemeanor but I did alot of research into the law and NY is just ridiculously harsh on their gun laws. He wont do less then a year, They might even throw 2 years at him.

Theres really nothing ridiculous about it.

You said it in your own post, look at Detroits gun problems, and look at NY's. We don't have a gun problem anymore.

Back to the subject though, clearly feltons wife is trying to demolish him, a divorce and now this. she's not trying to lose her lifestyle, she wants that $.

Crackadalic
02-25-2014, 10:36 AM
No reason Felton should let it get to this point.

TheScab
02-25-2014, 10:38 AM
Weird. And likely means he will get off unless there's a lot more details proving Felton possessed these guns.

If I was Felton, I would have gone in, with my attorney, and denied any allegations by that woman, unless she has actual proof that Felton possessed the firearms. If not, it's he said/she said which won't hold up. If she does, I would still take my chances at a trial, unless a plea deal is offered with no jail time.

I mean, if she has no proof, this is no different than anyone walking into a Miami PD and with some guns and claim they are Lebron James. Charges won't stick.

Proof. Police grab fingerprints from the gun. Feltons will most likely be found on the gun proving that he either owned/had possession of the firearm. Screwed.

NYJ - NYY
02-25-2014, 10:41 AM
Keeps getting worse and worse for my team and our fan base man.... The icing would be if melo leaves and we get nothing.... :(

TheNumber37
02-25-2014, 10:50 AM
Ironically, Felton getting Jailed Free's Tourre Murray

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-25-2014, 10:53 AM
What makes is funnier is that they bought out Udrih yesterday lol

Idk how this **** happens only with the Knicks, its like a soap opera:clap:

NoahH
02-25-2014, 10:54 AM
I heard he was caught holdin' up a donut shop

FreakaNashur
02-25-2014, 11:08 AM
well he's definitely going to get in shape..nobody comes out fat out of prison.

GiantsSwaGG
02-25-2014, 11:10 AM
well he's definitely going to get in shape..nobody comes out fat out of prison.

You do know they serve food in prison too right? I wouldn't bet on him coming out in shape

blahblahyoutoo
02-25-2014, 11:35 AM
Between him and Melo I'd bet the Knicks lead the league in bodyfat %

glad i'm not the only one to notice that melo is a lil portly.

John Walls Era
02-25-2014, 11:35 AM
This is because the guns werent registered, right?

If so, hes fat and ********.

blahblahyoutoo
02-25-2014, 11:36 AM
What kinda guns were they? What makes these a felony? Was he carrying them without a cc permit?

forget about cc. it's damn near impossible to even own a handgun in this stupid liberal city. i dunno what the state laws are.

had to leave my handguns in my home state.

BRICKCITYPIMP12
02-25-2014, 11:37 AM
ddaamm..$h!t is crazy..haha
i know the knicks have been doing pretty bad this season..but dam..gues he rather b in jail..LMFAO.

blahblahyoutoo
02-25-2014, 11:38 AM
.28 is not a very common round.

blahblahyoutoo
02-25-2014, 11:41 AM
Utter BS.
check the dailynews. there's always someone getting shot in the bx or bk, DAILY.

the only people allowed to have guns in the city are cops and criminals. civilians are defenseless. this is a farce and a total disregard for the 2nd amendment.

detroits problems are caused by white flight. if the same happened in nyc, it'd be just like detroit.

You said it in your own post, look at Detroits gun problems, and look at NY's. We don't have a gun problem anymore.

Back to the subject though, clearly feltons wife is trying to demolish him, a divorce and now this. she's not trying to lose her lifestyle, she wants that $.

Wade n Fade
02-25-2014, 11:45 AM
There goes Felton's plans to hold up a McDonald's for all their Big Macs?

D-Leethal
02-25-2014, 11:57 AM

Your fooling yourself if you think Melo is overweight, or your just too stupid/ignorant to understand what padded rib protectors will make you look like when they are worn under a basketball jersey.

AddiX
02-25-2014, 11:58 AM
Utter BS.
ailynews. there's always someone getting shot in the bx or bk, DAILY.

the only people allowed to have guns in the city are cops and criminals. civilians are defenseless. this is a farce and a total disregard for the 2nd amendment.

detroits problems are caused by white flight. if the same happened in nyc, it'd be just like detroit.

I'm not about to get into a debate w someone who spends all there time on psd trolling knick fans.

But if you know how, feel free to check the countries crime statsnfor cities, nyc is the safest in amost every category including gun crimes.

tucksoe
02-25-2014, 12:06 PM
Utter BS.
check the dailynews. there's always someone getting shot in the bx or bk, DAILY.1

the only people allowed to have guns in the city are cops and criminals. civilians are defenseless. this is a farce and a total disregard for the 2nd amendment.1

In 1991 there were 2245 murders in NYC, In 2001 there were 641, last year 333...something is working...

RipCity32
02-25-2014, 12:06 PM

I think its BS, by law I can open carry a pistol on my hip all I want but the second my shirt covers it im a felon. And seeing as Detroit is murder capital I feel alot safer knowing I have a gun on my side to defend myself. Locking up civilians for having a firearm for self defense goes against our constitutional rights in my opinion. I can understand getting into trouble for not having the weapon registered though.

KingPosey
02-25-2014, 12:07 PM
Oh Felton what are you doing. The Knicks are in trouble. Melo has to be on his way out now.

Maybe, I just doubt that Felton is the one swaying melo's decision. In fact he probably is dying for an upgrade at pg

KingPosey
02-25-2014, 12:13 PM
Proof. Police grab fingerprints from the gun. Feltons will most likely be found on the gun proving that he either owned/had possession of the firearm. Screwed.

Touching a gun doesn't mean you possess the gun.

kylem4711
02-25-2014, 12:21 PM
Good job not getting this guy, clippers

Max.This
02-25-2014, 12:22 PM
Good job not getting this guy, clippers

good job keeping him, knicks. Hopefully we get to void his contract...

Tony_Starks
02-25-2014, 12:28 PM
According to the news the woman that turned the gun in is his soon to be ex wife. She had one of his loaded guns at the house and (with her lawyer) took it to the precinct and said she didn't want it in her house anymore.

What a spiteful beeotch! You could've just told the guy to come get his gun and screw off...

Max.This
02-25-2014, 12:33 PM
According to the news the woman that turned the gun in is his soon to be ex wife. She had one of his loaded guns at the house and (with her lawyer) took it to the precinct and said she didn't want it in her house anymore.

What a spiteful beeotch! You could've just told the guy to come get his gun and screw off...

Felton is rumored to have cheated on her multiple times, which led to the divorce. Just saying, if my wife cheated on me, I'd do this in a heartbeat

Tony_Starks
02-25-2014, 12:44 PM
Felton is rumored to have cheated on her multiple times, which led to the divorce. Just saying, if my wife cheated on me, I'd do this in a heartbeat

I wouldn't. You cheat on me, I leave you. And that's that. I don't turn around and snitch you out to the police, especially one as notoriously corrupt as the NYPD....

RipCity32
02-25-2014, 12:47 PM
They should have charged his wife for carrying a loaded weapon down to the precinct that's not registered to her, lol.

blahblahyoutoo
02-25-2014, 12:48 PM
Your fooling yourself if you think Melo is overweight, or your just too stupid/ignorant to understand what padded rib protectors will make you look like when they are worn under a basketball jersey.

i've already posted pics of melo with his shirt off. no, he's not obese, but he's carrying unnecessary extra weight. anyone with a pair of eyes can see that.

heck, just look at his arms or even his face. there's no muscle definition, and when someone gets fat, it's apparent by looking at their face.

blahblahyoutoo
02-25-2014, 12:52 PM
In 1991 there were 2245 murders in NYC, In 2001 there were 641, last year 333...something is working...

and how much of that has to do with gun control laws, and not other factors like police presence or other anti-criminal measures?

correlation != causation

AddiX
02-25-2014, 12:56 PM
I think its BS, by law I can open carry a pistol on my hip all I want but the second my shirt covers it im a felon. And seeing as Detroit is murder capital I feel alot safer knowing I have a gun on my side to defend myself. Locking up civilians for having a firearm for self defense goes against our constitutional rights in my opinion. I can understand getting into trouble for not having the weapon registered though.

I find it pretty ironic you think it's bs, yet your so scared to leave your home in Detroit, you don't want to leave without a gun, because everyone else has a gun.

Now here's Felton, a guy who thinks his **** doesn't stink, he's mad at his wife, waiving a .28 caliber gun around, not only is it unregistered, but I'm pretty sure owning ammo or a gun of that caliber in NY is illegal, so he's either too stupid to check, or doesmt care about the law.

And yet you guys are defending gun rights in this situation? Get out of here with that bs, you don't want guys like Felton owning guns, thats common sense.

I'm a gun owner, and there's nothing that bothers me more than people who use the 2nd amendment as any kind of excuse. It's a cop out for people to stupid to debate the topic in current times and situations.

metsrock229
02-25-2014, 01:02 PM

Oh the irony

RipCity32
02-25-2014, 01:20 PM
I find it pretty ironic you think it's bs, yet your so scared to leave your home in Detroit, you don't want to leave without a gun, because everyone else has a gun.

Now here's Felton, a guy who thinks his **** doesn't stink, he's mad at his wife, waiving a .28 caliber gun around, not only is it unregistered, but I'm pretty sure owning ammo or a gun of that caliber in NY is illegal, so he's either too stupid to check, or doesmt care about the law.

And yet you guys are defending gun rights in this situation? Get out of here with that bs, you don't want guys like Felton owning guns, thats common sense.

I'm a gun owner, and there's nothing that bothers me more than people who use the 2nd amendment as any kind of excuse. It's a cop out for people to stupid to debate the topic in current times and situations.
I'm not defending Felton. If all this is true he probably deserves the punishment. I'm defending the fact that NYs gun laws can be extremely harsh to your common good person.

I understand some sort of punishment for breaking the law but some of these punishments NY gives for gun charges is ridiculous.

I've read stories of people getting Prison sentences when they come to NY with a CCW permit from another state. For instance in one story, a women checks in her firearm at a building and gets arrested because her CCW permit is not issued from NY but from her home state. Do you think prison is fair justice in that situation?

KnickaBocka.44
02-25-2014, 01:43 PM
i've already posted pics of melo with his shirt off. no, he's not obese, but he's carrying unnecessary extra weight. anyone with a pair of eyes can see that.

heck, just look at his arms or even his face. there's no muscle definition, and when someone gets fat, it's apparent by looking at their face.

muscle definition doesn't have as much to do with fat as you think it does.

TheIlladelph16
02-25-2014, 01:58 PM
Utter BS.
check the dailynews. there's always someone getting shot in the bx or bk, DAILY.

I'm not even going to get into your interpretation of the 2nd amendment, but I just need to clarify something for you:

1. Criminals are also civilians of this country.
2. Criminals are not allowed to own unregistered firearms, just like everyone else in NY. When they get caught, they go to jail just like everyone else.
3. Did the jack booted Storm Troopers bash down everyone's door and forceably take their registered and legal guns away? No? Then its not a "blatant disregard for the 2nd amendment".

TorontoHuskies
02-25-2014, 02:01 PM
This sucks for New York. Felton isn't the best PG but now New York is starting 500 year old Pablo Prigioni at PG. Getting rid of Beno hurts now. Can THJ play PG?

NY should be happy it will probably net the a top 5 pick now.

TorontoHuskies
02-25-2014, 02:01 PM

NY should be happy it will probably net them a top 5 pick now.

SportsFanatic10
02-25-2014, 02:05 PM
lol how did this turn into a debate about whether melo is fat or not? anyways this sucks for felton, knicks season just keeps getting worse.

blahblahyoutoo
02-25-2014, 02:08 PM
muscle definition doesn't have as much to do with fat as you think it does.

it does when there's a layer of fat covering your muscles.

jp611
02-25-2014, 02:49 PM
New York gun laws are the best.

Should be this way all across the nation. If you own guns, you register them. If you don't register them and are arrested with those guns, you spend time in prison.

It would cut down a lot on illegal use of firearms. Idiots would think twice before illegally carrying firearms.

blahblahyoutoo
02-25-2014, 02:52 PM

Should be this way all across the nation. If you own guns, you register them. If you don't register them and are arrested with those guns, you spend time in prison.

It would cut down a lot on illegal use of firearms. Idiots would think twice before illegally carrying firearms.

because criminals are such law abiders.

you clearly know nothing about nyc gun laws. it's near impossible for law abiding citizens to own a handgun.
this is brought to you by the state that wants to limit the magazine to 7 rounds.

jp611
02-25-2014, 02:58 PM
NY should be happy it will probably net them a top 5 pick now.

It will net the Nuggets a top 5 pick, sure.

Not the Knicks

jp611
02-25-2014, 03:01 PM
because criminals are such law abiders.

you clearly know nothing about nyc gun laws. it's near impossible for law abiding citizens to own a handgun.
this is brought to you by the state that wants to limit the magazine to 7 rounds.

Obviously it works.

If criminals can carry guns around unlawfully and get a slap on the wrist and their guns taken away, they'll go right back to doing it.

When you make gun laws tough like they do in NYC, less criminals are willing to take that risk because they don't want to end up in prison.

As we've already stated, the murder rate in NYC has drastically dropped, and NYC is now the safest big city in the United States.

I'm sure you'll disregard this and chalk it up to police presence. But why has Chicago maintained such a high murder rate? They've increased police presence, yet gun laws are a joke and a slap on the wrist there.

J4KOP99
02-25-2014, 03:09 PM
the fat beaver aka beetlejuice from the howard stern show

Tony_Starks
02-25-2014, 03:13 PM
I feel bad for Felton. Never been a fan, I think he's better suited as a backup. Still it seems like it's just all bad for him now, on and off the court.....

alexander_37
02-25-2014, 03:13 PM
Obviously it works.

If criminals can carry guns around unlawfully and get a slap on the wrist and their guns taken away, they'll go right back to doing it.

When you make gun laws tough like they do in NYC, less criminals are willing to take that risk because they don't want to end up in prison.

As we've already stated, the murder rate in NYC has drastically dropped, and NYC is now the safest big city in the United States.

I'm sure you'll disregard this and chalk it up to police presence. But why has Chicago maintained such a high murder rate? They've increased police presence, yet gun laws are a joke and a slap on the wrist there.

I actually agree with this.

jp611
02-25-2014, 03:14 PM
I actually agree with this.

We agree :faint: :D

jp611
02-25-2014, 03:14 PM
I feel bad for Felton. Never been a fan, I think he's better suited as a backup. Still it seems like it's just all bad for him now, on and off the court.....

I don't really feel bad for anyone who threatens their wife with a gun.

QueensG_718
02-25-2014, 03:29 PM
Melo is not fat. Hes just not muscular. You dumb ****s. Now felton on the other hand is the Pillsbury doughboy

Walt
02-25-2014, 05:30 PM
Looking around on reddit, rumor is his gun was loaded with armor piercing bullets when he was arrested.

Can anyone validate this?

AddiX
02-25-2014, 06:13 PM
Looking around on reddit, rumor is his gun was loaded with armor piercing bullets when he was arrested.

I mentioned in another post .28 caliber ammo and guns are illegal in ny. And thats pretty much why. There called cop killers on the street.

Its also possible a company has made a legal version of the ammo, but I'm to lazy to check.

AddiX
02-25-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm not defending Felton. If all this is true he probably deserves the punishment. I'm defending the fact that NYs gun laws can be extremely harsh to your common good person.

I understand some sort of punishment for breaking the law but some of these punishments NY gives for gun charges is ridiculous.

I've read stories of people getting Prison sentences when they come to NY with a CCW permit from another state. For instance in one story, a women checks in her firearm at a building and gets arrested because her CCW permit is not issued from NY but from her home state. Do you think prison is fair justice in that situation?

Anyone who has a permit knows damn well where they can and can't bring there piece, if they don't, they shouldn't have one.

And I don't think anyone who has had a legit permit, has ever been convicted anyway.

JEDean89
02-25-2014, 07:06 PM
Why the **** does Felton need 3 guns? These players wanna be hood so bad and most of them forget that they grew up privileged. This whole Knicks team is full of fake gangsters. IMO the Knicks need to take New York off their chest and put Knicks on it until they win 2 playoff series in the same year. Until then they have lost the right to represent the city and the state.

RipCity32
02-25-2014, 07:53 PM
Anyone who has a permit knows damn well where they can and can't bring there piece, if they don't, they shouldn't have one.

And I don't think anyone who has had a legit permit, has ever been convicted anyway.

So some harmless civilian in the situation I explained should go to prison and be charged with a felony? I disagree and I know damn well you would to if you got caught up in it. A felony can ruin a persons life especially over some petty **** like that.

redsoxknicks
02-25-2014, 08:21 PM
So some harmless civilian in the situation I explained should go to prison and be charged with a felony? I disagree and I know damn well you would to if you got caught up in it. A felony can ruin a persons life especially over some petty **** like that.

Nothing about guns is petty. True law-abiding citizens who want a gun for legitimate and reasonable protection always say the same thing: owning a gun is a serious business and we do it right. They also consistently say if someone can't handle following the rules of owning, storing, loading, cleaning a gun, then they can't handle having one in the first place.

RipCity32
02-25-2014, 08:55 PM
Nothing about guns is petty. True law-abiding citizens who want a gun for legitimate and reasonable protection always say the same thing: owning a gun is a serious business and we do it right. They also consistently say if someone can't handle following the rules of owning, storing, loading, cleaning a gun, then they can't handle having one in the first place.

I agree, Just saying your average day everyday person doesn't deserve to go to Prison and be charged with a felony over some mistake. What Felton did is deserving of some time but not some of the stories I've read of people getting caught up in NYs strict gun control systems.

And what's all this "We" crap? What are you some high and mighty club who's opinion on the laws is stronger than everyone else's because you payed 50 bucks for a CCW certificate. Your not some authority with special trained skills or something.

Like I said anyone can open carry a firearm all they want but the second their shirt covers it up they can be convicted as a ****ing Felon and go to prison. It's stupid, A drunk driver is more dangerous to society and most the time they're just going to get a misdemeanor and some fines. But grandma carrying a pistol or Knife over 3 inches in her purse for self protection is a felon.

AddiX
02-25-2014, 09:22 PM

There's nothing harmless about someone who carries a gun on them, permit or not.

In the rare case that your talking about, if someone is stupid enough or crazy enough to bring there gun to ny even if they have a permit, than yes, they deserve to be arrested.

And as I already mentioned, I don't think ayone in that case has Actuslly been convicted of anything, they just got slaps on the wrist. Now if someone considered dangerous did that, it is a different story.

My best friend growing up was caught with 3 lbs of chronic and a fully loaded illegal gun. Did no time, in the end he wasn't considered dangerous. Which is crazy because we both had multiple assault charges in our past, but I guess a lawyer, and not being black probably didn't hurt.

AddiX
02-25-2014, 09:28 PM
I agree, Just saying your average day everyday person doesn't deserve to go to Prison and be charged with a felony over some mistake. What Felton did is deserving of some time but not some of the stories I've read of people getting caught up in NYs strict gun control systems.

And what's all this "We" crap? What are you some high and mighty club who's opinion on the laws is stronger than everyone else's because you payed 50 bucks for a CCW certificate. Your not some authority with special trained skills or something.

Like I said anyone can open carry a firearm all they want but the second their shirt covers it up they can be convicted as a ****ing Felon and go to prison. It's stupid, A drunk driver is more dangerous to society and most the time they're just going to get a misdemeanor and some fines. But grandma carrying a pistol or Knife over 3 inches in her purse for self protection is a felon.

In ny you can't own stuff like nun chucks, switch blades, butterfly knives, ninja stars, razors, brass knuckles....
if your caught with that crap it's the same charge as a gun charge.

Yet, you can own a gun...

redsoxknicks
02-25-2014, 09:46 PM

You quote my post, but didn't read it completely. I said for all the people who take owning a gun seriously - they say, we do it the right way.

I was not clear. I don't, and would not, own a gun, and in no way meant to imply I did. I can recognize that some people who possess guns take it seriously and follow the law. Those who cannot even be bothered registering and abiding by gun laws should not have them.

beasted86
02-25-2014, 11:32 PM

That's what you say now until you get pulled over in the wrong neck of the woods and the last thing you hear is the redneck cops saying "and what do we have here?"

beasted86
02-25-2014, 11:39 PM
I don't own a gun and am not pro gun ownership... I'm mostly ambivalent when it comes to this gun ownership debate. But the people that are against guns and think that limiting or eliminating ownership will cut down on crime need to look no further than the UK and they will quietly stop using crime statistics as a debate point for anti gun ownership. Violent crimes and homicides went UP after 97.

KniCks4LiFe
02-25-2014, 11:51 PM

those are the only bullets that go in that specific gun. The whole weapon is basically a cop killer weapon. For what reason he has a gun like that IDK nor does NYC.

Pretty much, he got what he deserved, and who knows what more comes down the line w/ him.

We play Miami on Thursday, if he's smart he swims to Cuba.

blahblahyoutoo
02-25-2014, 11:54 PM
There's nothing harmless about someone who carries a gun on them, permit or not.

In the rare case that your talking about, if someone is stupid enough or crazy enough to bring there gun to ny even if they have a permit, than yes, they deserve to be arrested.

And as I already mentioned, I don't think ayone in that case has Actuslly been convicted of anything, they just got slaps on the wrist. Now if someone considered dangerous did that, it is a different story.

My best friend growing up was caught with 3 lbs of chronic and a fully loaded illegal gun. Did no time, in the end he wasn't considered dangerous. Which is crazy because we both had multiple assault charges in our past, but I guess a lawyer, and not being black probably didn't hurt.

wtf are you talking about?
there's a clear distinction between someone with a firearm with no intention of doing harm vs breaking the law.
just because someone owns a handgun doesn't automatically imply they are dangerous.

blahblahyoutoo
02-25-2014, 11:58 PM
those are the only bullets that go in that specific gun. The whole weapon is basically a cop killer weapon. For what reason he has a gun like that IDK nor does NYC.

what is a "cop killer weapon"?
you're saying that other guns and rounds cannot kill cops?

what is different about a .28? I've never heard of that round. was it FMJ or HP?

KniCks4LiFe
02-25-2014, 11:59 PM
what is a "cop killer weapon"?
you're saying that other guns and rounds cannot kill cops?

what is different about a .28? I've never heard of that round. was it FMJ or HP?

bullets that penetrate bullet proof vests.

blahblahyoutoo
02-26-2014, 12:06 AM
bullets that penetrate bullet proof vests.

so you're implying he's out to kill cops? he doesn't strike me as someone that would do that.

KniCks4LiFe
02-26-2014, 12:19 AM
so you're implying he's out to kill cops? he doesn't strike me as someone that would do that.

it's illegal to have those bullets let alone carry that gun in NYC w/o a license.

cop killers can be used for more than just cops.

J4KOP99
02-26-2014, 12:34 AM
Do fat beavers have the same rights granted to them that humans do? That could play a major part in this case.

goingfor28
02-26-2014, 12:38 AM
Why the **** does Felton need 3 guns? These players wanna be hood so bad and most of them forget that they grew up privileged. This whole Knicks team is full of fake gangsters. IMO the Knicks need to take New York off their chest and put Knicks on it until they win 2 playoff series in the same year. Until then they have lost the right to represent the city and the state.

so owning guns makes you hood? we have plenty of guns of all different types at our house, all locked up in a safe with the exception of one. our family is a normal middle class white family. not hood, not hick, not gangster, not *** hole.
a normal middle class white family. granted they are all legal, but cmon...owning them doesnt mean someone is "hood"

jp611
02-26-2014, 12:41 AM
I have no problem with owning guns.

I think if you register them, you should be able to own them.

To register them, you need to have a clean record (no felonies). If you are a law-abiding citizen and are responsible, you can own guns. It's simple.

Kashmir13579
02-26-2014, 12:59 AM
he's fat

:laugh:

So simple, but it got me.

Max.This
02-26-2014, 01:00 AM
if you have an IQ below 100 you should not be allowed to have a registered gun. There's nothing worse than an idiot with a gun

FOBolous
02-26-2014, 01:29 AM
That's what you say now until you get pulled over in the wrong neck of the woods and the last thing you hear is the redneck cops saying "and what do we have here?"

why would he have to worry about that? as long as his gun is registered, it wouldn't be an issue :confused: it's crazy that in the warped mind of certain individuals, any law that ensures gun safety = evil nazi fascist government taking your freedom and guns away.

KniCks4LiFe
02-26-2014, 03:34 AM
why would he have to worry about that? as long as his gun is registered, it wouldn't be an issue :confused: it's crazy that in the warped mind of certain individuals, any law that ensures gun safety = evil nazi fascist government taking your freedom and guns away.

He has to worry about a lot of things.

1. the gun isn't registered.

2. the gun isn't registered in NY. [our gun laws are strict to prevent major crime rates]

3. the gun has armor piercing bullets [cop killers] and the main reason this is a problem is b/c the main place these bullets come from are drug dealers or drug lords [pandora's box opened]

4. he allegedly waved this thing in front of his ex. spouse

he has a lot to explain by June.

jp611
02-26-2014, 03:39 AM

2. the gun isn't registered in NY. [our gun laws are strict to prevent major crime rates]

3. the gun has armor piercing bullets [cop killers] and the main reason this is a problem is b/c the main place these bullets come from are drug dealers or drug lords [pandora's box opened]

He wasn't talking about Raymond Felton.

He was speaking hypothetically. Agreeing with my point that if you have guns registered legally, you have nothing to worry about.

Cracka2HI!
02-26-2014, 03:44 AM
Imagine if the Clippers did that trade! Shumpert out, Felton jailed!

effen5
02-26-2014, 04:29 AM

Owning guns makes you far from hood. I wear a suit and tie everyday to work and am as far from hood as anyone and I own 4 guns and I'm pissed because Illinois is one of like 4 states that won't let me buy a suppressor for my .45 :(

Tony_Starks
02-26-2014, 05:07 AM

Hold up bruh, why in the hell............. did you have to take away that great sig with the honey in Walmart!!!! That ain't right!