PDA

View Full Version : The 7 Biggest NBA Salaries of 2014

setman2000
02-24-2014, 12:57 AM
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/the-7-biggest-nba-salaries-of-2014.html/?a=viewall

Only 3 players actually earning their $$$!

7. Dwight Howard - $20.5 million
6. Joe Johnson - $21.4 million
5. Carmelo Anthony - $21.4 million
4. Amar’e Stoudemire - $21.6 million
3. Gilbert Arenas - $22.3 million
2. Dirk Nowitzki - $22.7 million
1. Kobe Bryant - $30.4 million

DallasTrilla23
02-24-2014, 01:43 AM
Kobe already earned his money as far as I'm concerned. He makes the lakers that money back just by sitting on the bench

jaydubb
02-24-2014, 02:04 AM
Kobe already earned his money as far as I'm concerned. He makes the lakers that money back just by sitting on the bench

Very true.. I still think his extension is **** tho..

I think only stoudemire and arenas are the only ones that have crazy insane contracts for what they give their teams.. Joe Johnson is a solid player and he does give them a lot he's just insanely overpaid..he should be getting half that at most

c.c.
02-24-2014, 02:26 AM
Gilbert Arenas?

mdm692
02-24-2014, 02:32 AM

He makes them money just by breathing air lol.

bleedprple&gold
02-24-2014, 02:52 AM
Gilbert Arenas?

Its pretty mind boggling that guy is still getting paid that kind of money.

Baller1
02-24-2014, 03:41 AM
Dwight is the only one there actually worth the money they're making.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
02-24-2014, 03:50 AM
Serious question...

Who the f is payin Gilbert arenas?

jsthornton7
02-24-2014, 03:58 AM
ORL amnestied him and they will spread the payments to Arenas until 2016.

Kaner
02-24-2014, 09:28 AM
That Arenas contract has to be up there with worst contracts of all time.

Slug3
02-24-2014, 11:17 AM

I think even Arenas said the same thing. Lol

Cal827
02-24-2014, 11:44 AM
I think even Arenas said the same thing. Lol

Lmao, I still remember when most people were so happy for him, thinking about his team and not taking a max deal, which was offered to him.

Edit: I found the article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3473164

"I'm basically giving back $16 million," Arenas told the Washington Times. "This is in line with what I've been saying the whole time. You see players take max deals and they financially bind their teams. I don't wanna be one of those players and three years down the road your team is strapped and can't do anything about it."

It is a shame that he had the injuries though. The guy was clutch as hell.

FraziersKnicks
02-24-2014, 12:55 PM
Dwight is the only one there actually worth the money their making.

Melo > Dwight

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 01:03 PM
Dirk, Melo and Dwight deserved those contracts and are earning them this season, but I can't say the rest for the other four. Kobe is at the end of a contract that made sense at the time, even if the extension seems ridiculous now for how much he's played this year. But I hated the contracts Arenas, Stoudemire and JJ got at the time they signed them, and it's insane to me that those guys make that much money for what they provide.

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 01:04 PM
Melo > Dwight

That's certainly debatable once you take defense into account.

Auseranami
02-24-2014, 01:12 PM
Arenas deserved the contract he got, his knees just broke rapidly down, then he screwed himself with that gun thing.

IKnowHoops
02-24-2014, 01:28 PM

Right there with Allen Houston

Baller1
02-24-2014, 03:20 PM
That's certainly debatable once you take defense into account.

It's not even debatable, he's wrong.

Walt
02-24-2014, 03:22 PM
Dirk is easily earning his contract, not even a question...

22 ppg on 50/40/90 shooting all while leading this very mediocre team around him to the playoffs potentially.

NYJ - NYY
02-24-2014, 03:45 PM

Pretty sure melo deserves his

Nycbball08
02-24-2014, 03:51 PM
Right there with Allen Houston

Don't forget Juwan Howard

Dade County
02-24-2014, 03:52 PM
Amare can think D Wade for that contract... Or should i say they colluded together, in tricking the Knicks.

Reportedly, Wade told New York in the summer of 2010 free agency, that if they could sign another star player, he would sign with the Knicks; this was an out right con by the both of them.

Walt
02-24-2014, 03:55 PM
I have been a Melo basher for his entire career pretty much. But he has had a GREAT season this year. His rebounding is crazy this year and he actually looks somewhat motivated on defense.

TheNumber37
02-24-2014, 04:09 PM
Gilbert Arenas is one of the all time greats in terms of getting them checks!
If I were him, I wouldn't feel the least bit guilty...

He made about 50 mil from 2008-2010. Got traded from to ORlando, was still owed 62 mil for another years, got amnestied and agreed to spread the contract out over 6 years into 2016... Yes, through 2016, Arenas will still be making money than Maybe Steph Curry, Certainly Lillard, Anthony Davis, Oladipo (who plays for the magic), Lance Stephenson

FraziersKnicks
02-24-2014, 04:52 PM
It's not even debatable, he's wrong.

Okay, please explain to me how Melo isn't earning his contract?

Hawkeye15
02-24-2014, 05:01 PM
Obviously Kobe has earned the money previously, but for his current and future cap hold and his output, he is overpaid. Melo, Dwight, and Nowitzki are still playing all star level ball, though Dirk's deal is a little payback for his elite years. That is common though, a player who is starting a decline gets one last big deal, and his last couple of seasons on the deal, they don't play to that monetary level.

Joe Johnson's contract was a joke the second it was reported. Never understood that one. Arenas was fun to watch, and a very good player, but his deal looks terrible now due to his injuries. Amare was fantastic until his knee decided to die a year after he signed his uninsured mega-deal.

Do this thread again in 5 years, same results. A couple of players earning them, a couple of old timers making money off their old play, a couple of injury contracts, and a joke deal.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-24-2014, 05:25 PM
Serious question...

Magic of course

celtNYpatsHeels
02-24-2014, 05:29 PM
7. Dwight Howard - $20.5 million - No issue with it
6. Joe Johnson - $21.4 million - TERRIBLY OVERPAID
5. Carmelo Anthony - $21.4 million - Overpaid, but not horribly
4. Amar’e Stoudemire - $21.6 million - Incomplete, Injuries have ruined his career. I guess that's the risk you take but its a shame because Amare was so much fun to watch. I remember the first year the Knicks got him, he was a one man wrecking crew.
3. Gilbert Arenas - $22.3 million - Guns blazing hahaa. Good thing for the amnesty clause
2. Dirk Nowitzki - $22.7 million - Hes still elite and this was more of a lifetime achievement contract. No issue
1. Kobe Bryant - $30.4 million - No issue, lifetime achievement award. Not worth $30 mil

Goose17
02-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Arenas is stacking it to the heavens.

MetroMan
02-24-2014, 05:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/GBPss.png

if this pics violates PSD rules please delete. Thanks

sammyvine
02-24-2014, 05:34 PM

Team record

His team is one of the worst....he is one of the highest paid...its a team game but his production doesnt reflect his salary. If he was that good the knicks would have more wins in a pathetic eastern conference.
Lebron had horrible teams with the cavs but they were always a high seed.

TheMightyHumph
02-24-2014, 05:37 PM

What would Knicks record be if they hadn't traded for 'Melo and extended his contract?

TheMightyHumph
02-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Many (myself included) thought Wizards were insane to re-sign Arenas to that contract when it was actually an opportunity to rid themselves of him.

Walt
02-24-2014, 05:56 PM

So funny. You have the first 5, all first ballot hall of famers and top 25 players in NBA history. Then you have Joe freaking Johnson...

ricky recon
02-24-2014, 06:11 PM

Dwight Howard
PER - 21.8
WS - 6.7
WS/48 - .167

Dirk Nowitzki
PER - 24.7
WS - 7.9
WS/48 - .216

Dirk is top 10 in the NBA in PER, WS, WS/48, TS%, TOV%, PTS.

Try again.

ricky recon
02-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Obviously Kobe has earned the money previously, but for his current and future cap hold and his output, he is overpaid. Melo, Dwight, and Nowitzki are still playing all star level ball, though Dirk's deal is a little payback for his elite years. That is common though, a player who is starting a decline gets one last big deal, and his last couple of seasons on the deal, they don't play to that monetary level.

Joe Johnson's contract was a joke the second it was reported. Never understood that one. Arenas was fun to watch, and a very good player, but his deal looks terrible now due to his injuries. Amare was fantastic until his knee decided to die a year after he signed his uninsured mega-deal.

Do this thread again in 5 years, same results. A couple of players earning them, a couple of old timers making money off their old play, a couple of injury contracts, and a joke deal.

Tell me how he is declining.

PER - Highest since 06-07
WS/48 - Highest since 07-08
TOV% - Lowest EVER
TS% - 2nd Highest EVER
MPG - 32.2

Hawkeye15
02-24-2014, 06:23 PM
Tell me how he is declining.

PER - Highest since 06-07
WS/48 - Highest since 07-08
TOV% - Lowest EVER
TS% - 2nd Highest EVER
MPG - 32.2

who, Dirk? His defense has regressed back to his early days, his rebounding has declined over the past 4 years, and his minutes are down, suggesting a player who needs more rest.

He is still playing very well. Anyone who is tall, and can shoot, and doesn't suffer major injuries, will have a nice decline. But by no means is Dirk capable of being a #1 on a contender anymore imo, unless he has a perfect system/role players around him.

Tell me, would you rather have THIS Dirk, or the Dirk from 03-07'? The one who could play 38 mpg and dominate the league.

It happens. Its not like he is in the "this guy makes superstar money to be a role player now" money given to ex elite players. He is in between, still closer to elite, but not going to challenge for best at his position ever again.

Beltrans Mole
02-24-2014, 06:34 PM
Team record

His team is one of the worst....he is one of the highest paid...its a team game but his production doesnt reflect his salary. If he was that good the knicks would have more wins in a pathetic eastern conference.

Melo is having the best year of his career and is the defending scoring champ. Your argument is horrid.

FraziersKnicks
02-24-2014, 06:35 PM
Team record

His production absolutely reflects his salary... 28/9/3 on 56 TS% and a PER of 25.1.

The Knicks 2nd best player this season has been a rookie SG playing 22 MPG and Tyson Chandler who has missed almost half of the games played this season.

Was Melo more worth his contract last season when the Knicks won 54 games and finished 2nd in the East but he didn't play nearly as well as he is this season? No. Do not judge a single player's performance on his team's record in a TEAM sport. I have watched every Knicks game this season and this is the best Melo has played in orange and blue and he gives his all every night.

Without Melo this team wouldn't have won double digit games yet.

He is earning every single cent of his contract.

As for LeBron... He's LeBron. He was worth more than double his contract when he was playing in Cleveland (probably more than that tbh). Absolutely pointless comparison.

What would Knicks record be if they hadn't traded for 'Melo and extended his contract?

With a torn ACL Gallo, Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov instead of Melo and Chandler? A lot worse.

-Kobe24-TJ19-
02-24-2014, 06:43 PM
Melo is having the best year of his career and is the defending scoring champ. Your argument is horrid.

Idk how can you say that

TheMightyHumph
02-24-2014, 06:58 PM
His production absolutely reflects his salary... 28/9/3 on 56 TS% and a PER of 25.1.

The Knicks 2nd best player this season has been a rookie SG playing 22 MPG and Tyson Chandler who has missed almost half of the games played this season.

Was Melo more worth his contract last season when the Knicks won 54 games and finished 2nd in the East but he didn't play nearly as well as he is this season? No. Do not judge a single player's performance on his team's record in a TEAM sport. I have watched every Knicks game this season and this is the best Melo has played in orange and blue and he gives his all every night.

Without Melo this team wouldn't have won double digit games yet.

He is earning every single cent of his contract.

As for LeBron... He's LeBron. He was worth more than double his contract when he was playing in Cleveland (probably more than that tbh). Absolutely pointless comparison.

With a torn ACL Gallo, Wilson Chandler and Timofey Mozgov instead of Melo and Chandler? A lot worse.

They could have still signed Tyson Chandler, and didn't have to extend Gallo, W. Chandler or Mozgov, and they would have their 2014 1st rd pick, and spent some money on team players.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2014, 06:58 PM
Idk how can you say that

the last 2 seasons have been Carmelo's individual best. Can you imagine how horrific the Knicks would be without him? This year they would be challenging the Bucks w/o Melo. He just hit his peak as his roster support went down or flat out sucked.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2014, 06:59 PM
They could have still signed Tyson Chandler, and didn't have to extend Gallo, W. Chandler or Mozgov, and they would have their 2014 1st rd pick, and spent some money on team players.

oh, NY management is terrible, has been for nearly 2 decades now. But Melo shouldn't be pinned with the FO's decisions, and the multiple injuries they have suffered.

Cal827
02-24-2014, 07:01 PM
So funny. You have the first 5, all first ballot hall of famers and top 25 players in NBA history. Then you have Joe freaking Johnson...

:laugh:

Also, 11-15 seems to be the "could have been" section. Unfortunate injuries.

c.c.
02-24-2014, 07:04 PM

I'm i the only one who think the Knicks and Nuggets were better before the Melo trade?

TheMightyHumph
02-24-2014, 07:06 PM
I'm i the only one who think the Knicks and Nuggets were better before the Melo trade?

I think they were, but 'melo forced the trade

c.c.
02-24-2014, 07:15 PM
I think they were, but 'melo forced the trade

That team went to the Western conference finals and could of made a few finals appearance by now. Melo is the reason for his failure. These players nowadays are more concerned with being in a good location than being in a good situation.

ricky recon
02-24-2014, 07:22 PM
who, Dirk? His defense has regressed back to his early days, his rebounding has declined over the past 4 years, and his minutes are down, suggesting a player who needs more rest.

He is still playing very well. Anyone who is tall, and can shoot, and doesn't suffer major injuries, will have a nice decline. But by no means is Dirk capable of being a #1 on a contender anymore imo, unless he has a perfect system/role players around him.

Tell me, would you rather have THIS Dirk, or the Dirk from 03-07'? The one who could play 38 mpg and dominate the league.

It happens. Its not like he is in the "this guy makes superstar money to be a role player now" money given to ex elite players. He is in between, still closer to elite, but not going to challenge for best at his position ever again.

1.) Dirk gets less minutes because Rick Carlisle is aware of his age (turning 36 in June I believe) and is trying to take every precaution.

2.) Dirk really hasn't regressed as a defender and his rebounding has hardly regressed (he's never been a great rebounder). 3.8% (TRB%) down from his best year. But he also turns the ball over less than he ever has and is shooting with elite efficiency.

He's phenomenal. His game is ageless. He's still a top 3 half-court offensive player that dazzles game in and out. You'll see him playing more minutes in the playoffs, and if you don't think he can be the #1 option on a championship team, I think you're crazy. They basically have a REAL declining Marion (worst PER of career) at SF and do center by committee (Dalembert is inconsistent, Blair is small, Wright is a tossupp) for C, filling out those two frontcourt positions. It is what it is, the team looks improved from last year, you never know.

One thing you never do is count out a Dirk Nowitzki led basketball team when he's still playing elite level basketball.

Baller1
02-24-2014, 08:13 PM
Dwight Howard
PER - 21.8
WS - 6.7
WS/48 - .167

Dirk Nowitzki
PER - 24.7
WS - 7.9
WS/48 - .216

Dirk is top 10 in the NBA in PER, WS, WS/48, TS%, TOV%, PTS.

Try again.

Dirk was paid for what he had achieved in his career, not what he's doing now. The Mavs aren't winning another championship with him as the man, and therefore he's been overpaid. Exact same case with Melo... You're paying a guy that much money to put up meaningless stats on a horrible team.

Dwight's team is a contender and he's a dominant center, I'd give him his contract 10 time out of 10 before I pay any of those other six players their current contracts.

TheMightyHumph
02-24-2014, 08:21 PM
That team went to the Western conference finals and could of made a few finals appearance by now. Melo is the reason for his failure. These players nowadays are more concerned with being in a good location than being in a good situation.

Well, Denver with Billups (a true leader) made the WCF. As Billups talents faded, so did Nuggets Title chances.

Hawkeye15
02-24-2014, 09:05 PM
1.) Dirk gets less minutes because Rick Carlisle is aware of his age (turning 36 in June I believe) and is trying to take every precaution.

2.) Dirk really hasn't regressed as a defender and his rebounding has hardly regressed (he's never been a great rebounder). 3.8% (TRB%) down from his best year. But he also turns the ball over less than he ever has and is shooting with elite efficiency.

He's phenomenal. His game is ageless. He's still a top 3 half-court offensive player that dazzles game in and out. You'll see him playing more minutes in the playoffs, and if you don't think he can be the #1 option on a championship team, I think you're crazy. They basically have a REAL declining Marion (worst PER of career) at SF and do center by committee (Dalembert is inconsistent, Blair is small, Wright is a tossupp) for C, filling out those two frontcourt positions. It is what it is, the team looks improved from last year, you never know.

One thing you never do is count out a Dirk Nowitzki led basketball team when he's still playing elite level basketball.

Many of the things you listed are why he is in decline dude. His game does age perfectly, I already stated that. But he is no longer an elite player worthy of us calling a superstar. His efficiency is up because the need for him to carry the team is down, for a reason. The old Dirk would have this same roster in a top 3 out west.

He has regressed as a defender, that is easy to tell. His rebounding numbers have gone down a few straight years. Basically, he is healthy again, and playing at a statistically great level, because his teams need for him to carry has decreased.

He is declining, he will just have such a better decline than most, because height and shooting ability never die. But to say he is the same player he was 5 years ago is so false.

ricky recon
02-24-2014, 11:29 PM
Disagree, this roster is a lot better than years past as far as PG/SG, but it has never been weaker in the frontcourt. Terrible. Shawn Marion has been below average at best this year, and Dalembert is either pretty good or a wasted roster spot on any given night. Blair is a minimum contract guy who is undersized at 5.

ricky recon
02-24-2014, 11:31 PM
Nice to see Dirk with the buzzer beater tonight, maybe there will be a time come playoffs where I can remind those who say "there is no chance Dirk can be a #1 on a championship team now" especially with the other glaring holes on this roster. That would be sweet.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2014, 12:14 AM
Disagree, this roster is a lot better than years past as far as PG/SG, but it has never been weaker in the frontcourt. Terrible. Shawn Marion has been below average at best this year, and Dalembert is either pretty good or a wasted roster spot on any given night. Blair is a minimum contract guy who is undersized at 5.

Dirk is in decline. Its going to be a very nice decline, but the present Dirk is not dominating 82 games plus playoffs like he did from 03-11'. Period.

Baller1
02-25-2014, 03:25 AM
Dirk is in decline. Its going to be a very nice decline, but the present Dirk is not dominating 82 games plus playoffs like he did from 03-11'. Period.

Thus, not worth the money.

NoahH
02-25-2014, 03:39 AM
Gilbert Arenas be like: :cheers::dance::dance:

FraziersKnicks
02-25-2014, 05:17 AM
Dirk was paid for what he had achieved in his career, not what he's doing now. The Mavs aren't winning another championship with him as the man, and therefore he's been overpaid. Exact same case with Melo... You're paying a guy that much money to put up meaningless stats on a horrible team.

Dwight's team is a contender and he's a dominant center, I'd give him his contract 10 time out of 10 before I pay any of those other six players their current contracts.

You're reasoning for one PLAYER's value in a TEAM game is highly flawed.

By your theory Kevin Love isn't worth the money being paid to him either right?

Also by your theory, Melo earned his contract more last year (when he played worse) than he has this year because of the contributions of his teammates?

BirdIsTheWord
02-25-2014, 08:39 AM

Blake Griffin at #67 already with $101 mil. If he stays healthy and keeps progressing like he has he should be pretty damn high on that list when he retires.

Walt
02-25-2014, 10:45 AM
True Dirk isn't the best PF anymore, but I'd take him in a 7 game series over any PF still.

And to Baller, he is not putting up meaningless stats on a horrible team. TO say that is just ridiculous. The Mavs have the 8th best record in the NBA and are just 4 wins behind from being the 5th best team record-wise. 21 ppg on 50/40/90 shooting is not meaningless.

Try again.

PurpleLynch
02-25-2014, 11:38 AM
For Arenas it doesn't matter, I feel sorry for what I'll say,but I think he will probably be broken finacially like a lot of Nba players.Dude was a good player at his peak,but his attitude,man,he's a d-bag.

Baller1
02-25-2014, 12:31 PM
True Dirk isn't the best PF anymore, but I'd take him in a 7 game series over any PF still.

And to Baller, he is not putting up meaningless stats on a horrible team. TO say that is just ridiculous. The Mavs have the 8th best record in the NBA and are just 4 wins behind from being the 5th best team record-wise. 21 ppg on 50/40/90 shooting is not meaningless.

Try again.

That was in reference to Melo.

Baller1
02-25-2014, 12:32 PM
You're reasoning for one PLAYER's value in a TEAM game is highly flawed.

By your theory Kevin Love isn't worth the money being paid to him either right?

Also by your theory, Melo earned his contract more last year (when he played worse) than he has this year because of the contributions of his teammates?

Let me put this in rudimentary terms: He's not ever going to win a championship as the leader of a team, and therefore he's not at all worth the money he's making.

FraziersKnicks
02-25-2014, 03:48 PM
Let me put this in rudimentary terms: He's not ever going to win a championship as the leader of a team, and therefore he's not at all worth the money he's making.

So he was more deserving of his contract last season when the Knicks were 2nd in the East and seen as a contender (albeit an outsider)?

Baller1
02-25-2014, 06:23 PM
So he was more deserving of his contract last season when the Knicks were 2nd in the East and seen as a contender (albeit an outsider)?

No, he's not worth the contract. Period.

Hawkeye15
02-25-2014, 06:53 PM
No, he's not worth the contract. Period.

you may be like me, and believe a max deal is for guys in their early to mid 20's (when they sign) who are literally THE best players in the game. I really think a lot of players are overpaid.

mrblisterdundee
02-25-2014, 08:27 PM
Serious question...

"The Magic are paying Gilbert Arenas until 2016 after the club and the former guard mutually agreed to effectively restructure the remainder of his mammoth $111-million contract when he was amnestied two years ago, NBA sources told the Sentinel."

It doesn't count against their salary cap, though.

Baller1
02-26-2014, 07:43 PM
you may be like me, and believe a max deal is for guys in their early to mid 20's (when they sign) who are literally THE best players in the game. I really think a lot of players are overpaid.

Exactly. Melo does not fall under the "max deal player" category. So I absolutely believe he's overpaid.

ricky recon
02-27-2014, 11:35 AM

- He's at 8.2 WS with 25 games left.

- He's at .214 WS/48 and 24.6 PER currently. Those two numbers are both higher than his '03'-'04, '08-'09, '09-'10, '11-'12, and '12-'13 years.

- His PER and WS/48 are all higher than (this year): Dwight Howard, Blake Griffin, James Harden, Paul George

- There are four players in the entire NBA with a higher PER and WS/48. Kevin Durant, Lebron James, Kevin Love, and Chris Paul.

If the decline is so obvious, can you show me where it is? If he's top 10 in TS%, PER, WS, WS/48; why is he not a top 10 player? Is he too old to be a top 10 player?

FYL_McVeezy
02-27-2014, 11:41 AM
http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/the-7-biggest-nba-salaries-of-2014.html/?a=viewall

Only 3 players actually earning their $$$!

7. Dwight Howard - $20.5 million
6. Joe Johnson - $21.4 million
5. Carmelo Anthony - $21.4 million
4. Amar’e Stoudemire - $21.6 million
3. Gilbert Arenas - $22.3 million
2. Dirk Nowitzki - $22.7 million
1. Kobe Bryant - $30.4 million

Bad move in hindsight. Phx said that his knees would give in a year or 2(back in 2010) and boy were they spot on :facepalm:

FYL_McVeezy
02-27-2014, 11:49 AM
Team record

It's a team game meaning that you have to have the TEAM around you to win games.....his TEAM is trash right now so stop it :facepalm:

Goose17
02-28-2014, 09:04 AM
It's a team game meaning that you have to have the TEAM around you to win games.....his TEAM is trash right now so stop it :facepalm:

TBH I don't think he's a number one option.

zn23
02-28-2014, 09:15 PM
Kobe deserves his pay. Maybe not for his play, but he's "box office". You have to take into account that he's a huge attraction and is the reason most people watch the Lakers.

Gilbert and Amar'e are clearly undeserving of what they are getting paid.

sammyvine
02-28-2014, 09:20 PM

Durant or Lebron would make the knicks and 7th/8th seed team in an awful eastern conference.

Melo doesnt make team mates better and he isn't effiecint.

Hawkeye15
02-28-2014, 09:24 PM
- He's at 8.2 WS with 25 games left.

- He's at .214 WS/48 and 24.6 PER currently. Those two numbers are both higher than his '03'-'04, '08-'09, '09-'10, '11-'12, and '12-'13 years.

- His PER and WS/48 are all higher than (this year): Dwight Howard, Blake Griffin, James Harden, Paul George

- There are four players in the entire NBA with a higher PER and WS/48. Kevin Durant, Lebron James, Kevin Love, and Chris Paul.

If the decline is so obvious, can you show me where it is? If he's top 10 in TS%, PER, WS, WS/48; why is he not a top 10 player? Is he too old to be a top 10 player?

question. Again.. Would you take Dirk today over Dirk from 03-09'?

He is seeing less minutes, responsibility, he doesn't rebound the ball anymore, and is slid defensively.

Look, as I stated, a guy like Dirk was going to age like fine whine. But he is aging none the less.

5ass
02-28-2014, 09:36 PM
Kobe deserves his pay. Maybe not for his play, but he's "box office". You have to take into account that he's a huge attraction and is the reason most people watch the Lakers.

Gilbert and Amar'e are clearly undeserving of what they are getting paid.
Most people watch the lakers to see kobe sitting on the bench?

ricky recon
02-28-2014, 10:02 PM
question. Again.. Would you take Dirk today over Dirk from 03-09'?

He is seeing less minutes, responsibility, he doesn't rebound the ball anymore, and is slid defensively.

Look, as I stated, a guy like Dirk was going to age like fine whine. But he is aging none the less.

You said he has declined, and I'm asking you how you can say that when his efficiency and production hasn't dipped. Most of his numbers are above his career average even.

I would take a Dirk with less years, because more years of Dirk Nowitzki is better. However, there are some things he has learned over the last 4-5 years that he never was really a master at (post game, for instance).

Dirk's offensive game is practically perfect. He has mastered scoring, and he doesn't over power people or dunk on centers, but he gets the same result: two points.