PDA

View Full Version : The Western Conference Entertainment

Sadds The Gr8
02-24-2014, 12:50 AM
Anybody else watching and impressed by all of these close nail-biting games in the West this year? feels like every other day there's a crazy game on. I love the competitiveness and the West race is closer than ever. All of these teams are great to watch and none of them have that boring/drag-it-out style like alot of the East teams do. This year is probably the most fun I've ever had watching basketball. Amazing how consistently great these games are. I can't wait for the playoffs. I think the first 2 West Rounds will be the best playoff rounds in years.

sunsfan88
02-24-2014, 01:23 AM
Seems like there is not much disparity between the playoff teams in the West. We could see upsets in potentially every series.

Clippersfan86
02-24-2014, 12:35 PM
Suns are one team that could literally upset anybody if healthy and no I didn't just smoke crack. A team with no defined star that will always play harder than you and has 10 guys who can kill you is INCREDIBLY dangerous. You can't really gameplan for hustle/heart/energy. I seriously can't wait to watch the Suns in the playoffs. I don't care if they win the Pacific over my Clips because they are that damn loveable.

In fact.. I'm pretty pissed that what they are doing is getting so little respect/press. They are fu**ing 1.5 games back of the 4 seed! That's without Bledsoe for over a month! A team most of us expected to be in a tank fest with Philly is on the verge of HCA in the mother fu**ing west.

FOBolous
02-24-2014, 12:42 PM
any of the top 9 teams in the West would've been an elite team in any other era, it's just unfortunate for all of these teams that they played in an era where the Western Conference is just stupidly strong.

but yea, i think the team that will eventually come out of the West won't necessary be the "best" team but the luckiest team in terms of drawing favorable matchups.

and as a Houston fan, I hope we face the Warriors in the playoffs. Of the 9 best teams in the Western Conference, the Warriors are the team that I'm most confident against :D

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 12:58 PM
There have been some really great, really enjoyable games. The last two Rockets games (Golden State and Phoenix) had me on the edge of my seat and cursing like crazy, but I've enjoyed watching other teams play as well. The OKC, Clippers game yesterday was really entertaining down the stretch, and I've seen several other non-Rockets games in the West that I've really enjoyed.

I have to admit, though, that it's really frustrating to me to think that Miami and Indiana won't really have to start the playoffs until the ECF. That's not to say there isn't talent in the East or all of the teams aside from those two are complete crap, but none of those other squads would come close to cracking the playoffs in the West. I could see Toronto, Chicago or Washington maybe pushing a series to 6 games, but they've got no real chance to upset the Heat or the Pacers. Meanwhile, I would not be shocked by ANY upset in the West. Imagine if OKC had to face Golden State in the first round? That's a very real possibility at this point.

Clippersfan86
02-24-2014, 01:02 PM
There have been some really great, really enjoyable games. The last two Rockets games (Golden State and Phoenix) had me on the edge of my seat and cursing like crazy, but I've enjoyed watching other teams play as well. The OKC, Clippers game yesterday was really entertaining down the stretch, and I've seen several other non-Rockets games in the West that I've really enjoyed.

I have to admit, though, that it's really frustrating to me to think that Miami and Indiana won't really have to start the playoffs until the ECF. That's not to say there isn't talent in the East or all of the teams aside from those two are complete crap, but none of those other squads would come close to cracking the playoffs in the West. I could see Toronto, Chicago or Washington maybe pushing a series to 6 games, but they've got no real chance to upset the Heat or the Pacers. Meanwhile, I would not be shocked by ANY upset in the West. Imagine if OKC had to face Golden State in the first round? That's a very real possibility at this point.

Yup. They basically get to warm up in the two series leading to the ECF. It's ********. Teams on the east coast like Memphis should you know.. move east. Swap the Grizzlies with somebody which will give the east at least one more good threat.

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 01:15 PM
Yup. They basically get to warm up in the two series leading to the ECF. It's ********. Teams on the east coast like Memphis should you know.. move east. Swap the Grizzlies with somebody which will give the east at least one more good threat.
You would think more star players would want to play in the East, because they're more likely to contend and make playoff runs, but that just hasn't been the case. If you were to name your top 25 players, I'm guessing at least 15-18 would be guys in the Western Conference.

Front offices in the East need to do a better job of drafting talent and attracting star players, but I'm not sure there's an easy fix. One positive is that Ujiri moved East to Toronto and you know Danny Ainge will make the Celtics relevant again, soon. But I really hope some of the Western Conference talent moves East and that the East starts drafting better. This draft would be a great place to start considering how bad that conference is and how many teams in the East will be in the top 5. If the Lakers get the first pick, I'm going to riot on PSD.

Sadds The Gr8
02-24-2014, 05:59 PM

Yea it feels like any game that includes the blazers, clippers, rockets, warriors will be close. It's just been so fun to watch.

Walt
02-24-2014, 06:05 PM
Hoping the Mavs can draw San Antonio or Houston. Those would be great series to watch. Out of Dirk's 6 30 point games this season, 3 of them have come against Houston. Each game in that series has been so fun.

Dade County
02-24-2014, 06:25 PM
Seems like there is not much disparity between the playoff teams in the West. We could see upsets in potentially every series.

I don't think the top 3 seeds in the west will be beaten in the 1st rd, unless an injury happens.

c.c.
02-24-2014, 06:44 PM
any of the top 9 teams in the West would've been an elite team in any other era, it's just unfortunate for all of these teams that they played in an era where the Western Conference is just stupidly strong.

but yea, i think the team that will eventually come out of the West won't necessary be the "best" team but the luckiest team in terms of drawing favorable matchups.

and as a Houston fan, I hope we face the Warriors in the playoffs. Of the 9 best teams in the Western Conference, the Warriors are the team that I'm most confident against :D

Awwwww man, wait til goose sees this :laugh: