PDA

View Full Version : Space Jam 2 Cast

b_russ
02-23-2014, 09:23 PM
With Space Jam 2 announced (source (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/space-jam-2-sequel-works-lebron-expected-star-article-1.1669235)) and LeBron James rumored to star, who would make up the ideal supporting cast? Assuming it will copy the original, who with the Monstars steal their powers from? What legends will make cameo appearances?

It'd be great to see superstars makeup the cast, but I'd imagine it will be similar the original in that you'll have "character" guys in it. I'm guessing Nate Robinson, James Harden, Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh and Kevin Love. Maybe have Magic make an appearance.

TrueFan420
02-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Wasn't the rumor false

b_russ
02-23-2014, 09:28 PM
Wasn't the rumor false

LeBron's representatives are denying it but Warner Brothers are saying he'll star in it.

Update: Looks like you're right. Bummer if true. Link (http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24451685/report-no-space-jam-2-planned-for-lebron-james)

John Walls Era
02-23-2014, 09:28 PM
rumor is real, but lebron hasn't accepted the role.

b_russ
02-23-2014, 09:35 PM
It would be cool to see a Blake Griffin Monstar.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
02-23-2014, 09:43 PM
I saw a story on Awful Announcing the other day that they're making a sequel, but it's going to star Durant, Curry and Love instead of LeBron.

mdm692
02-23-2014, 09:44 PM
rumor is real, but lebron hasn't accepted the role.

This. Multiple credible sources are reporting it and hopefully nothing happens but what if both Kobe and LBJ star in it. Maybe they take the talents of LBJ and a few more players then a team of injured stars comes to battle them (Kobe, Rose, Lopez etc). I just can't see this movie being centered around just 1 star.

THE MTL
02-23-2014, 09:46 PM
With Space Jam 2 announced (source (http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/space-jam-2-sequel-works-lebron-expected-star-article-1.1669235)) and LeBron James rumored to star, who would make up the ideal supporting cast? Assuming it will copy the original, who with the Monstars steal their powers from? What legends will make cameo appearances?

It'd be great to see superstars makeup the cast, but I'd imagine it will be similar the original in that you'll have "character" guys in it. I'm guessing Nate Robinson, James Harden, Dwight Howard, Chris Bosh and Kevin Love. Maybe have Magic make an appearance.

What are u talking about? Charles Barkeley and Patrick Ewing were superstars.

I can see the cast being Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Damian Lillard (he does everything) and maybe character guys like Nate Robinson, John Wall,

BranWingss
02-23-2014, 09:47 PM
It's going to bust regardless.

Rndy
02-23-2014, 09:48 PM
Chris Manning 2K14 ‏@LD2K Feb 21
What if LeBron went heel in Space Jam 2 and joined the Monstars??

:laugh:

b_russ
02-23-2014, 09:54 PM
What are u talking about? Charles Barkeley and Patrick Ewing were superstars.

I can see the cast being Carmelo Anthony, Dwight Howard, Chris Paul, Damian Lillard (he does everything) and maybe character guys like Nate Robinson, John Wall,

I'm saying a complete cast of superstars, Bouges and Bradley had no business being in it. The only reason they were was because of their respected heights. That's why I threw Nate Robinson's name out there.

b_russ
02-23-2014, 09:59 PM

Take his talent to Moron Mountain

P&GRealist
02-23-2014, 10:42 PM

That's essentially what he did 4 yrs ago lol

slashsnake
02-23-2014, 10:56 PM
I'm saying a complete cast of superstars, Bouges and Bradley had no business being in it. The only reason they were was because of their respected heights. That's why I threw Nate Robinson's name out there.

Good point, but Nate Robinson isn't exactly a baby faced guy like Muggsy was then. I think even though he isn't a star (not sure he's even in the league now), Earl Boykins would be a better fit if they want to copy that role.

I think you have to look at stars with drawing power for TV. I think Kevin Love would be a good choice there. Blake Griffin might be fun to see without his "powers". Nash would be a neat one. Kobe as long as they feel his past is ok (I know he was found innocent, but not really a good light for him at the time).

TorontoHuskies
02-23-2014, 11:08 PM
I'd throw Nash in there but unfortunately his powers are already gone. I honestly don't like a lot of the current NBA stars personality wise so I think this movie will suck.

Baller1
02-23-2014, 11:25 PM
Uncle Drew should be the star of the sequel.

JasonJohnHorn
02-23-2014, 11:27 PM
I heard they tried getting R. Kelly to do a song for the soundtrack, but when he heard the franchise had just turned 18-years old, he turned it down. Something about being too old?

slashsnake
02-23-2014, 11:27 PM
I'd throw Nash in there but unfortunately his powers are already gone. I honestly don't like a lot of the current NBA stars personality wise so I think this movie will suck.

And I think they kept Larry Johnson's powers when he did the movie

Mr_Jones
02-23-2014, 11:41 PM
Please don't do this.

COOLbeans
02-23-2014, 11:43 PM
I think James Hardens going to star, that dudes got swag!!! :laugh2:

JasonJohnHorn
02-23-2014, 11:43 PM

Already did that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j71HTYEuos8

goingfor28
02-23-2014, 11:49 PM
Lebron being in space jam would be so stupid

JEDean89
02-23-2014, 11:49 PM
lebron would hook his homies up with the cast, cept Durant who is likely wanting to star in it himself. so melo, wade, bosh and paul, who seem to be his best friends in the league are all in, i could see dwight, griffin, and maybe steph curry as well.

mrblisterdundee
02-23-2014, 11:51 PM

In that case, if the producers want it to be a commercial success, they should cast Yao Ming and Jeremy Lin. Then you're looking at an international blockbuster.
In my lineups, they're playing some serious small-ball.

Tune Squad:
PG - Lola Bunny
SG - Bugs Bunny
SF - Daffy Duck
PF - Kobe Bryant
C - LeBron James

Of course, Lola and Daffy get injured; LeBron and Kobe both slot down a position; and Yao goes in at center with Lin at the point

Nerdlucks:
PG - Nawt (Nate Robinson)
SG - Bupkus (Dwyane Wade)
SF - Pound (Kevin Durant)
PF - Bang (Blake Griffin)
C - Blanko (Dwight Howard)

You're going to see an athletic Nerdlucks lineup that can dunk a lot. Kevin Love's way too boring and non-athletic. I think Durant will be okay with being on the bad guys, as he'll return in the third movie to lead the Tune Squad.

b_russ
02-24-2014, 12:04 AM
In that case, if the producers want it to be a commercial success, they should cast Yao Ming and Jeremy Lin. Then you're looking at an international blockbuster.

Wouldn't put it past them. Actually Lin probably is a real possibility.

omdigga
02-24-2014, 12:17 AM
anthony davis needs to be part of this project.

Phenom1
02-24-2014, 12:46 AM

THIS.

I think Lebron will not fit well as being the main guy in the movie. We need someone more of a serious personality like MJ did. I would want Kobe, Wade, or even Carter. Unfortunately they are all old now.

TorontoHuskies
02-24-2014, 01:02 AM
THIS.

I think Lebron will not fit well as being the main guy in the movie. We need someone more of a serious personality like MJ did. I would want Kobe, Wade, or even Carter. Unfortunately they are all old now.

Lebron doesn't even have that big of a lead over a guy like Durant at the moment. If you're going to make Space Jam 2 you better be damn sure that your main character is the most dominant player in the NBA by a stretch like Jordan was. It's going to be pretty embarrassing if they choose Lebron and than he ends up losing to Durant in the playoffs.

Good luck WB finding replacements in the NBA for guys like Bogues, Barkley and Ewing not gonna happen. Honestly, I'd prefer to wait for Durant become the face of the NBA and make him the star.

ombada
02-24-2014, 01:07 AM
Heres an article about it from indystar

http://www.indystar.com/story/sports/nba/2014/02/22/which-nba-players-should-be-in-space-jam-2/5730761/

smith&wesson
02-24-2014, 01:11 AM
the guys who play in the big markets

LeBron
Carmelo
Griffen
Howard
harden
paul

smith&wesson
02-24-2014, 01:11 AM
kooooobeee

HowBoutDemBulls
02-24-2014, 01:16 AM
I think James Hardens going to star, that dudes got swag!!! :laugh2:

I would disagree

JNA17
02-24-2014, 01:16 AM
After what Lebron did 4 years ago, he should have lost any rights to be the main character in a Space Jam 2. Maybe the star on the Monstars, but not on Toon Squad.

Kevin Durant would be the more correct choice.

slashsnake
02-24-2014, 01:28 AM
Lebron doesn't even have that big of a lead over a guy like Durant at the moment.

I hope you were kidding there...

So at the moment Lebron has back to back MVP's, back to back finals MVP's, 1st team all NBA, 1st team all defensive, a Gold medal, two championships and that is the last two years alone, the time you think Durant is making it close. He's also won the sports illustrated sportsman of the year, the sporting news athlete of the year, the associated press athlete of the year.

And when it comes to choosing the one who the public knows, Lebron also makes 3 times the endorsement money Durant does.

Sorry it isn't close. You could make a HOF player with the hardware differences between those two.

It shouldn't have been Barkley, Olajuwon, Malone, or Robinson on Space Jam over Jordan even if they were winning MVP's at the time.

TorontoHuskies
02-24-2014, 01:41 AM
I hope you were kidding there...

So at the moment Lebron has back to back MVP's, back to back finals MVP's, 1st team all NBA, 1st team all defensive, a Gold medal, two championships and that is the last two years alone, the time you think Durant is making it close. He's also won the sports illustrated sportsman of the year, the sporting news athlete of the year, the associated press athlete of the year.

And when it comes to choosing the one who the public knows, Lebron also makes 3 times the endorsement money Durant does.

Sorry it isn't close. You could make a HOF player with the hardware differences between those two.

It shouldn't have been Barkley, Olajuwon, Malone, or Robinson on Space Jam over Jordan even if they were winning MVP's at the time.

Talking about the current not the past. The original Space Jam was made in 1996 which was right in the middle of Jordan's championship run. WB could hire James and there's a good chance he doesn't even win this year. If I'm WB I only make Space Jam 2 if he Wins a championship this year because it would be a joke if he lost right after making it or right before (depending on when they are planning it).

jaydubb
02-24-2014, 01:57 AM
I wonder if they're gonna have a lebron flopping scene.... Jus kidding.. Ha!

Idk how I feel about this, space jam was a classic.. I don't think it'd be nearly as good without Jordan.. Lebron would be a beastly monstar tho that's for sure

slashsnake
02-24-2014, 02:34 AM
Talking about the current not the past. The original Space Jam was made in 1996 which was right in the middle of Jordan's championship run. WB could hire James and there's a good chance he doesn't even win this year. If I'm WB I only make Space Jam 2 if he Wins a championship this year because it would be a joke if he lost right after making it or right before (depending on when they are planning it).

Not really. If Durant didn't win it, he'd be still miles behind Lebron. I think they would much rather choose the player who's been dominating the league for years and the face of it rather than an up and comer who has yet to put himself at the top. If Lebron lost this year, he's still the guy who won 2 of the last three championships and was in 3 of the last 4. He's still the guy who's won 4 of the last 6 MVP's. He is still the face of this league. If Jordan didn't win that championship the year it came out, or the year it was shot, so what? It wouldn't have meant that should have been Karl Malone's movie.

Lebron is by far the NBA's most marketable player, and its best the past 5+ years.

And the "current" is the heat have 1 more loss this year than OKC, and just beat OKC. Not sure how that is enough to change your mind.

If they could have cast Jordan for the role coming off his retirement, you know, the year he played 17 games, got knocked out of the playoffs, didn't lead the league in scoring, shot a career low in FG%, FT%, points, blocks, steals, etc... Why not Lebron?

TorontoHuskies
02-24-2014, 03:32 AM
Not really. If Durant didn't win it, he'd be still miles behind Lebron. I think they would much rather choose the player who's been dominating the league for years and the face of it rather than an up and comer who has yet to put himself at the top. If Lebron lost this year, he's still the guy who won 2 of the last three championships and was in 3 of the last 4. He's still the guy who's won 4 of the last 6 MVP's. He is still the face of this league. If Jordan didn't win that championship the year it came out, or the year it was shot, so what? It wouldn't have meant that should have been Karl Malone's movie.

Lebron is by far the NBA's most marketable player, and its best the past 5+ years.

And the "current" is the heat have 1 more loss this year than OKC, and just beat OKC. Not sure how that is enough to change your mind.

If they could have cast Jordan for the role coming off his retirement, you know, the year he played 17 games, got knocked out of the playoffs, didn't lead the league in scoring, shot a career low in FG%, FT%, points, blocks, steals, etc... Why not Lebron?

They didn't cast him then though that's the point they cast him when he was the most dominant thing in the NBA (no one was close to him). They filmed him coming off his 4th championship he was unstoppable when he got that role.

slashsnake
02-24-2014, 04:06 AM
They didn't cast him then though that's the point they cast him when he was the most dominant thing in the NBA (no one was close to him). They filmed him coming off his 4th championship he was unstoppable when he got that role.

Just to get a timeline here:

Jordan came out of retirement in March of 1995. The season he played the last 17 games and lost in the playoffs to the leagues leading scorer Shaq.

That summer, he shot space jam. There were articles how he'd invite NBA players in LA to play pickup games as part of his getting back in NBA shape workouts.

He then won his fourth title in June of 1996, a full year after shooting Space Jam (and even longer since he was cast as the lead role). Then it came out in theatres about 5 months later in November of 1996.

So while he was shooting the movie, Robinson was the MVP (and before that Olajuwon, and before that Barkley), the Rockets were the back to back world champs, and Olajuwon was the finals MVP.

mrblisterdundee
02-24-2014, 04:14 AM
Lebron doesn't even have that big of a lead over a guy like Durant at the moment.

LeBron has more star power. The name "LeBron" is about as noticeable as "MJ" was in the 1990s. And the only reason LeBron's not putting up meteoric numbers like Durant is that he's on a deeper team at the moment. Durant's production will decrease as Russell Westbook takes on more of the load. And that's not to knock Durant, who is the best scorer in the NBA regardless. But LeBron's the best two-way player.

3ballbomber
02-24-2014, 06:27 AM
Bron Bron most likely play the role of leading Monstar who gets sick of losing & joins the Loony Tunes :p

slashsnake
02-24-2014, 06:35 AM
Bron Bron most likely play the role of leading Monstar who gets sick of losing & joins the Loony Tunes :p

Nice...

He gets sick because his #2 there is Derrick Rose and never is able to play

Joined by Kobe, who Monstar had the ability to get, but he threatened to move to Europe with Pepe Le Pew if they kept him.

And coached by Kidd who keeps sucking their powers away from them

tcav701
02-24-2014, 06:53 AM
They already made Space Jam 2:

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6497841/lebron-james-ditches-space-jam