PDA

View Full Version : Glen Davis will sign with Clippers

leprechaun5
02-23-2014, 02:25 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Glen Davis has given Clippers word he is signing, a source told Yahoo.

Good signing for them .

KnicksorBust
02-23-2014, 02:29 PM
Marc J. Spears ‏@SpearsNBAYahoo
Glen Davis has given Clippers word he is signing, a source told Yahoo.

Good signing for them .

It will be interesting to see how much they play him with Blake. Thoughts?

*Superman*
02-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Good pickup he's gonna fit the role coming of the bench. Plays hard and with energy happy he's going to a contending team.

leprechaun5
02-23-2014, 02:33 PM

I believe he's going to play more than Jordan in 4th quarter especially in playoffs

ManRam
02-23-2014, 02:33 PM

Don't think they pair well together on the court.

Good signing. They need the help. He'll play hard. Best of luck to him.

abe_froman
02-23-2014, 02:42 PM
good deal

smith&wesson
02-23-2014, 03:06 PM
I don't understand this move at all for the clippers. good deal my *** lol they didn't need a pf at all. they need a sf..

kylem4711
02-23-2014, 03:16 PM
I don't understand this move at all for the clippers. good deal my *** lol they didn't need a pf at all. they need a sf..

If u don't understand then that's your bad. Clippers obviously need a backup pf.

Kushed
02-23-2014, 03:18 PM
Will make their first round exit even more embarrassing now.

beasted86
02-23-2014, 03:22 PM
Very solid pickup. He can play some Center too.

They still need a SF like others have said. Maybe they cut somebody to bring in Granger also.

blastmasta26
02-23-2014, 04:26 PM

Their backup big situation was very weak, Big Baby definitely helps

Cracka2HI!
02-23-2014, 04:33 PM
I think he and Blake will play together. I don't think it's an ideal pairing but when the only other big on the roster is Ryan Hollins I'm not sure what you do?

goingfor28
02-23-2014, 05:17 PM
Very solid pickup. He can play some Center too.

They still need a SF like others have said. Maybe they cut somebody to bring in Granger also.

They won't need to cut anyone to add Granger or anybody else

ManRam
02-23-2014, 05:23 PM

Barnes and Dudley is serviceable.

The Clippers depth chart at PF before Davis was this:

Blake Griffin

That's it.

smith&wesson
02-23-2014, 05:35 PM
If u don't understand then that's your bad. Clippers obviously need a backup pf.

oh snap you sure told me lol

Their backup big situation was very weak, Big Baby definitely helps

you are right, he will help in terms of depth. I just think they had a bigger need

Blake Griffin

That's it.

You would think a contending team would fill the holes in their starting unit before trying to address the depth behind their star player who plays what?, 37 mins per game ?

Chronz
02-23-2014, 05:39 PM

Blake Griffin

That's it.

Agreed. They have played like bums thus far but I have some faith they will revert to form. Davis is a nice stopgap, will prolly have to play alot of center for us, alongside Hedo (at the 4) in some cases but that lineup should die come playoff time. We just need a stopgap right now.

BTW, has his post defense remained steadfast? I have this notion of him being a pretty good 1 on 1 defender, hes played in Doc's defensive system before so Im not too worried about his team defense, his rebounding worries me but if he can be a decent 1 on 1 defender for us, he will serve a useful purpose off the bench if we tangle with Memphis again.

Goose17
02-23-2014, 05:39 PM
Clever move by both parties.

Chronz
02-23-2014, 05:53 PM
You would think a contending team would fill the holes in their starting unit before trying to address the depth behind their star player who plays what?, 37 mins per game ?

LOL wat? Who exactly should they pursue in the waiver wire?

ManRam
02-23-2014, 06:23 PM
Agreed. They have played like bums thus far but I have some faith they will revert to form. Davis is a nice stopgap, will prolly have to play alot of center for us, alongside Hedo (at the 4) in some cases but that lineup should die come playoff time. We just need a stopgap right now.

BTW, has his post defense remained steadfast? I have this notion of him being a pretty good 1 on 1 defender, hes played in Doc's defensive system before so Im not too worried about his team defense, his rebounding worries me but if he can be a decent 1 on 1 defender for us, he will serve a useful purpose off the bench if we tangle with Memphis again.

Davis caught a TON of heat from Magic fans this year and evolved into a big time scapegoat for the fans. Much of that was because Vuc missed a lot of games and Davis was forced to log big time minutes at the 5...in addition to the obvious fact that he was forced into a role that demands way more than he should be expected to fill. He got eaten up for the most part as a starting center. He can defend some 5s in short bursts, but as a full time gig it's not fun to watch.

He was the team's best post defender last year, which probably doesn't say a ton considering who else qualifies there. A bit harder for me to valuate it this year. It isn't bad or anything, but there was a lot of times where it looked awful, again, because he was going against elite centers. I don't view him as a negative defender at all, though. One-on-one he is definitely solid because he is pretty quick and shifty. He can stay in front of mobile 4s, and handle the bulk of bigger ones too...including some centers. His effort and motor make up for a lot of his physical limitations.

It's a good signing because of how barren it was behind Blake and DAJ and even though I am a bit scarred by some of his efforts at center this year, as a backup going against backup centers, he should be fine.

smith&wesson
02-23-2014, 06:24 PM
LOL wat? Who exactly should they pursue in the waiver wire?

deng was available at the dead line. I think he would have been an amazing fit on the clippers. for example.

kobe4thewinbang
02-24-2014, 12:03 AM
Good on him for signing with a good team.

He should bang more in the paint, but he's got a decent mid-range shot.

Cracka2HI!
02-24-2014, 12:42 AM
deng was available at the dead line. I think he would have been an amazing fit on the clippers. for example.

Not a very good example. Deng would have cost us Crawford and Barnes/Dudley to just to match his salary, plus a 1st round pick. Big Baby was free. I think it's safe to assume the Clippers looked into upgrading the SF position but found the cost to great. Not sure how anyone could think getting Big Baby for nothing is a bad signing.

Chronz
02-24-2014, 01:07 AM

Do you really think Cleveland would've accepted our poo poo platter offer ?

Like i said, WAIVER wire guys aren't usually that great but can make an impact, who better than Davis right now?

Chronz
02-24-2014, 01:08 AM
Good on him for signing with a good team.

He should bang more in the paint, but he's got a decent mid-range shot.
I hope ur right but i always felt he just took a lot of them

TheNumber37
02-24-2014, 03:57 PM
Clippers are rising the stakes. They have to stay health and find that 3rd gear now...

Deandre Jordan, Blake Griffin, Glen Davis - they finally have a true rotation of capable bigs and not just role players like Hollins, Kmart, Evans... (though they do need a Nick Collison type to complete it)

Davis should fit in nicely, playing Under Doc, with Paul and his face up jumper means he can play with Blake or Jordan.
He should be a nice 14 and 5 off their bench in solid 25-30 mins. He also take charges and rebounds which will actually help their D because their a team of general shot blockers.