PDA

View Full Version : Is Rockets-Warriors the best rivalry among fanbases in the NBA?

Pages : [1] 2 3

sunsfan88
02-22-2014, 05:29 PM
I certainly think so. And not just on PSD, but on many other boards, the Warriors and Rockets fans always get into it regardless of its a game their actually playing against each other or just something else.

Its weird because I think it only started becoming this heated this past summer when GSW signed Igoudala and HOU signed Dwight.

But regardless, I don't think any other two fanbases dislike each other as much as Warriors and Rockets fans do. I love it because now at least there is some rough smack talk in the NBA.

I have been to a couple of Warriors games and even the GSW fans I met seem to hate the Rockets a lot. I think don't think the Warriors fans are ever as passionate in rooting for their team to win when they play the Rockets and vice versa with the Rockets fans.

It reminds me of the NFL's Seahawks-Niners fanbase rivalry to be honest. But I think those two teams actually hate each other more than the Warriors and Rockets do.

I don't think Warriors-Rockets is the best rivalry among the teams in the NBA cause I think the Pacers and Heat still hate each other way more than the Rockets and Warriors hate each other but speaking directly about the fanbases, I don't think there is a bigger rivalry than the Rockets-Warriors fans.

*This is for this season only so please don't bring up Celtics-Lakers, etc.

Aust
02-22-2014, 05:32 PM
There is certainly potential there.

BenFrank
02-22-2014, 05:43 PM
I think things started to heat-up between the fanbase's and the 2 team when the Rockets almost broke the record in 3 pointers made in a game, and Marc Jackson resorted to fouling so we don't break the record on them, then Chandler Parsons got on twitter and called Jackson out about it.. every since then it's been a steady climb of hatred between the two..

c.c.
02-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Warriors envy us that's all

Htownballa1622
02-22-2014, 06:03 PM
Maybe between fanbases but certainly not against teams ;)

They have to beat us more.

P&GRealist
02-22-2014, 06:06 PM
Warriors envy us that's all
Envy of what? Lol

Htownballa1622
02-22-2014, 06:10 PM
In all seriousness. It's because we are two fanbases that have young up and coming teams. We're very comparable and we make for exciting games every time they play imo.

TrueFan420
02-22-2014, 06:15 PM
In all seriousness. It's because we are two fanbases that have young up and coming teams. We're very comparable and we make for exciting games every time they play imo.
Agreed... we had similar rises at the same time. As well as both having big summer moves which both side hope take their team to the next level.

Also wanted it noted warriors have something very similar with the clippers.

Monta is beast
02-22-2014, 06:28 PM
Not for us. LAC is a much bigger rivalry..we envy them what does that even mean kid

moshy2
02-22-2014, 06:47 PM
I don't really dislike any fanbases, but as far as the team goes, the Rockets are #2 rival to the Clippers.

nastynice
02-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Us Clippers and Rockets all started recently coming up and have high hopes, high potential, but no recent success. We're all in the same boat, we're all roughly in the same tier ranking, we're all thirsty for the same thing, and we all respect yet hate each others guts.

I love it!!

COOLbeans
02-22-2014, 07:09 PM
The Warriors aren't friendly with the Clippers even more so,

but at least Clippers fans as a whole write coherently and without unnecessary comments on message boards, unlike many Rockets fans (excluding mightybossttone and a few others)

mightybosstone
02-22-2014, 07:12 PM
I don't know if we're the best rivalry right now, but things are certainly heated on PSD. I think part of it is like others have said, that we're too very passionate fan bases of franchises that haven't had much success recently but now have extremely talented young teams.

But I think a lot of the animosity has come from stuff on the court. The whole Dwight signing thing certainly exacerbated things a bit, but I think a lot of this started about this time last year. Both fan bases will recall a 140-109 Rockets victory in which the Rockets the NBA record with 23 3-pointers. At the end of the game, Jackson had his players intentionally foul Marcus Morris to prevent him from putting up what might have been a record breaking shot.

That's when I really started to notice extra animosity on PSD. That grew at the end of the regular season as both teams fought for playoff seeds, then Houston got Dwight and there was so much debate over the offseason about which team was better. And things seem to be at a peak right now.

However, I don't dislike the fan base. In fact, I respect more of their fans than most fan bases on PSD (with the exception of a few posters). I still don't consider them as big of a rivalry as the Jazz or Lakers all-time, and I'd probably call OKC a bigger rival currently with the Warriors in second. The funny thing is I've always really rooted for the Warriors. I loved those Baron Davis teams, and I really enjoyed watching them play last season before some of these PSD discussions soured me a bit on the team.

Bottom line, I respect the fan base, and I wish good things for them, because they haven't had a record of much success historically. (But I would really like it if they stayed the **** out of the Rockets forums. ;))

DallasTrilla23
02-22-2014, 07:55 PM
the Clippers Warriors rivalry Is bigger than the Houston one.

Pakman
02-22-2014, 08:19 PM
the Clippers Warriors rivalry Is bigger than the Houston one.definitely this. Clippers warriors games are way more entertaining.

CluTcH_c1tY
02-22-2014, 09:43 PM
Not much of a rivalry Houston has won 5-2 since last year and like 18 straight before that. I would love a 1st round series vs them, it would be the best opening round match up. I know much of dislike comes from Parsons and that goon Draymon Green.

KnicksorBust
02-22-2014, 10:03 PM
I would love to see them meet in the playoffs. Honestly neither team making the Finals would surprise.

ricky recon
02-22-2014, 10:18 PM
Not even close.

sunsfan88
02-22-2014, 11:11 PM
the Clippers Warriors rivalry Is bigger than the Houston one.

Maybe team wise but I don't think Clippers fans hate the Warriors fans that much.

Of course there is the whole "Best team in Cali" thing but even then.

sixer04fan
02-22-2014, 11:15 PM
Clippers-Warriors is definitely a bigger rivalry right now

ManRam
02-22-2014, 11:17 PM
I'ts pretty obnoxious....soo.....yes

Sadds The Gr8
02-22-2014, 11:19 PM
I haven't even noticed it...

Hawkeye15
02-22-2014, 11:20 PM
It's getting there, for sure. Not only here, but they are chippy when they play, and the fans for each team seems to not really like the other team.

But, I really don't see a great rivalry right now. Perhaps they can be the next good one....

Asik's better
02-23-2014, 02:51 AM
I don't hate the warriors as much as l hate the Mavs, lakers and Knicks. And I feel more joy beating the spurs than the warriors. I think because Houston and golden state put on good matches there is a little trash talk during the game.

Slug3
02-23-2014, 03:50 AM
I feel rivalries are formed in the playoffs.

b@llhog24
02-23-2014, 04:14 AM
I like both teams but I find a ton of warriors fans to be annoying tbh.

FOBolous
02-23-2014, 05:29 AM
this "rivalry" only exists on PSD because Warrior fans on PSD are cocky for no reason and talks a lot of trash. none of my friends in real life gives a crap about the Warriors because they're nobodies. no one sees them as a threat. among my friends, i was the only one excited about the Warriors-Rockets game a few days back. the only three teams Houston fans i know in real life cares about are the Jazz (if they're old enough), Mavs, and the Lakers....and it's because Houston met those three teams in the playoffs a few times and each time, Houston was thiiiiiis close to winning each of the series. Yall should've seen how my facebook and twitter went crazy when the Rockets beat the Lakers recently. The Warriors? they're just some team we beat on a routine basis during the regular season. that's it.

i personally don't hate the Warrior team itself...i rooted for them when they had their Cinderella run with Baron Davis. I think Curry is a great player. i actually prefer Curry over Harden. I've also liked David Lee since he was with the Knicks and always thought he's underrated. I've also always liked AI2. but Warrior fans on PSD man...most annoying fan base ever.

rhino17
02-23-2014, 10:07 AM
this "rivalry" only exists on PSD because Warrior fans on PSD are cocky for no reason and talks a lot of trash. none of my friends in real life gives a crap about the Warriors because they're nobodies. no one sees them as a threat. among my friends, i was the only one excited about the Warriors-Rockets game a few days back. the only three teams Houston fans i know in real life cares about are the Jazz (if they're old enough), Mavs, and the Lakers....and it's because Houston met those three teams in the playoffs a few times and each time, Houston was thiiiiiis close to winning each of the series. Yall should've seen how my facebook and twitter went crazy when the Rockets beat the Lakers recently. The Warriors? they're just some team we beat on a routine basis during the regular season. that's it.

i personally don't hate the Warrior team itself...i rooted for them when they had their Cinderella run with Baron Davis. I think Curry is a great player. i actually prefer Curry over Harden. I've also liked David Lee since he was with the Knicks and always thought he's underrated. I've also always liked AI2. but Warrior fans on PSD man...most annoying fan base ever.
This is pretty accurate, Although I do very much dislike the warriors starting after mark Jackson's bush league tactics when the rockets broke the 3 point record. I don't think any rockets fans see them as any kind of threat and would welcome a playoff matchup against em.

A real rockets fan that has been a rockets fan long enough still hate the Jazz more than anyone despite the rivalry being dormant since 09ish. I don't think rockets fans will ever hate a team more than the jazz. Macs and lakers are next. Anyone from houston hates anything from Dallas, Mavs are no exception. Lakers and Rockets have a good amount of history too, lots of playoff matchups, lots of individual player matchups, etc. Those have been the top 3 for a long time.

The part I disagree with is at I am taking harden over curry 100% of the time

Chrisclover
02-23-2014, 10:33 AM
2 young teams with young stars.Man ,there must be a rivalry between these 2 teams which harbor incredible potentials.

mightybosstone
02-23-2014, 12:22 PM
I don't think rockets fans will ever hate a team more than the jazz. Macs and lakers are next. Anyone from houston hates anything from Dallas, Mavs are no exception. Lakers and Rockets have a good amount of history too, lots of playoff matchups, lots of individual player matchups, etc. Those have been the top 3 for a long time.

This times 10. To this day, anytime I see Karl Malone speaking on television or an article with his face on it, I want to punch the screen until I don't see his face anymore. One of the most overrated players of all time, but a guy who regularly made the Rockets miserable. The Lakers hatred is pretty obvious, and I certainly concur with "anyone from Houston hates anything from Dallas" sentiment, although I've loosened up a bit over the years. I actually enjoyed watching Dirk, Kidd, Terry, Marion and Chandler win that title.

Another team I would throw into the mix is the Spurs, but I'd say it's more a rivalry of respect than hatred. Being another Texas team and one that's had immense success, I always want the Rockets to beat the Spurs. And when they have over the last few years, it's always felt really, really good.

tredigs
02-23-2014, 12:39 PM
This is pretty accurate, Although I do very much dislike the warriors starting after mark Jackson's bush league tactics when the rockets broke the 3 point record. I don't think any rockets fans see them as any kind of threat and would welcome a playoff matchup against em.

A real rockets fan that has been a rockets fan long enough still hate the Jazz more than anyone despite the rivalry being dormant since 09ish. I don't think rockets fans will ever hate a team more than the jazz. Macs and lakers are next. Anyone from houston hates anything from Dallas, Mavs are no exception. Lakers and Rockets have a good amount of history too, lots of playoff matchups, lots of individual player matchups, etc. Those have been the top 3 for a long time.

The part I disagree with is at I am taking harden over curry 100% of the time

That "Harden or Curry" is a wrinkle in the debate that helps make the arguments between the two fans keep going on random days.

I'd definitely say you're in the minority taking Harden > Curry, but we all have our weaknesses.

But many don't look at it too objectively because we're comparing arguably the most exciting/fun player to watch in the league to one that many don't like due to him being the games model of a flopper. In reality, that ability to draw contact brings his overall production fairly close to Curry's, but Harden still isn't at his level. Homerism aside, that's just a fact.

Goose17
02-23-2014, 12:42 PM

LOL you are by far the biggest troll out of your Houston bampots.

Warriors - Houston rivalry isn't that big imho. It's just a couple of trolls on here making something out of nothing.

Warriors - Clippers. Now that's a rivalry. Two teams who have had a history of losing suddenly becoming great and borderline contenders at around the same time, also playing in the same division. And being an LA team doesn't do them any favours.

It's strange though, I really respect the Clippers team and fan base most of the time, but I don't think there's a team in this league right now that I enjoy beating more than the Clippers.

I think because the Clippers are (imho) legitimate title contenders, which makes you respect them for what they've built, but also makes it so sweet when you defeat them.

I can't stand the Lakers, and I rejoice in their current failure. I hope they stay there for the next twenty years to get a taste of what it's like on the other side... it won't happen though, too much money, too attractive for FAs and a history of winning. :mad:

tredigs
02-23-2014, 12:57 PM
I agree that Clips/Warriors is a better natural rivalry given that they're in the same division and are two underdog franchises on the rise. Plus, it has the Bay Area / So Cal factor involved.

It's an interesting one for me because they were one of my favorite teams to follow and root for, but since they're the top division rival now that changes things.

Goose17
02-23-2014, 01:00 PM
I agree that Clips/Warriors is a better natural rivalry given that they're in the same division and are two underdog franchises on the rise. Plus, it has the Bay Area / So Cal factor involved.

It's an interesting one for me because they were one of my favorite teams to follow and root for, but since they're the top division rival now that changes things.

I always liked the Clippers, mainly because they were underdogs (like the Dubs) and the Lakers little brother, I really wanted to see them destroy the Lakers.

Nowadays though... I want nothing more than a Clippers - Warriors playoff series.

mightybosstone
02-23-2014, 01:03 PM
That "Harden or Curry" is a wrinkle in the debate that helps make the arguments between the two fans keep going on random days.

I'd definitely say you're in the minority taking Harden > Curry, but we all have our weaknesses.

But many don't look at it too objectively because we're comparing arguably the most exciting/fun player to watch in the league to one that many don't like due to him being the games model of a flopper. In reality, that ability to draw contact brings his overall production fairly close to Curry's, but Harden still isn't at his level. Homerism aside, that's just a fact.

This season? No. But let's not forget that Curry wasn't at Harden's level until later in the year last season. We're talking about two extremely young, talented players who are just realizing their potential and doing so on teams that have added and subtracted a lot of pieces the last two years. There's going to be some variation year to year, and I don't think it's fair to say that Harden isn't on Curry's "level" as a basketball player. Harden has also had to deal with a plethora of injuries at the start of the season that have really hurt his overall numbers, but he's been coming on strong as of late, and I fully expect him to keep growing as a player.

However, yes, I would say Curry has a sizable margin over Harden at this moment. In the playoffs? Next year? That may be a different story. It's also worth noting that Harden is shooting a career low 33.9% from the 3-point line this season, but much of that was from a horribly slow start. When that 3-point shot comes around again (like it already has) and he's consistently averaging 37-39% from the 3-point line, his numbers could very well be as impressive as Curry's.

rhino17
02-23-2014, 01:12 PM
In reality, that ability to draw contact brings his overall production fairly close to Curry's, but Harden still isn't at his level. Homerism aside, that's just a fact.

Totally disagree. Harden can take over a game in any number of ways and generally cannot be stopped. Take the matchup this week against the rockets. Harden was shredding golden state from every direction. Curry couldn't do **** all night until he started coming off screens. Without a screen, curry is much less effective, and it makes his game ore one dimensional.

CluTcH_c1tY
02-23-2014, 01:22 PM
Or have Patrick Beverly guard him. Curry started getting his points off of screens, while Harden was destroying both AI and Thompson. Funny thing is in the off season some Dubs fans claimed AI to be the "Harden" stopper. Lol

tredigs
02-23-2014, 01:23 PM
Totally disagree. Harden can take over a game in any number of ways and generally cannot be stopped. Take the matchup this week against the rockets. Harden was shredding golden state from every direction. Curry couldn't do **** all night until he started coming off screens. Without a screen, curry is much less effective, and it makes his game ore one dimensional.

Hahaha wtf bud? You don't watch many Warrior games I see. Curry has some of the best ISO offense and ball handling in the league, and he's an insanely talented passer (too talented for his own good - costs him turnovers trying things nobody else does). If you over commit on his shots he's just as capable of a drive and finish or any # of random shots like the 15-18 foot floater the he alone in the league attempts/hits.

That's part what makes him such a dynamic offensive player. One of the top playmakers in the league also is elite as a spot up shooter (1.43 PPP - #1 in the NBA) and per Synergy averages 1.23 PPP off of the screen (#6 in the NBA).

When you're double teamed off the ball as much as he is, screens become a necessary part of the equation, but it's far from his only asset.

tredigs
02-23-2014, 01:24 PM
Or have Patrick Beverly guard him. Curry started getting his points off of screens, while Harden was destroying both AI and Thompson. Funny thing is in the off season some Dubs fans claimed AI to be the "Harden" stopper. Lol

Have you seen their heads up stats? Iggy guards/murders him regularly and in a series that would be a major issue for Harden.

c.c.
02-23-2014, 01:30 PM

I'm in that minority too buddy!

KniCks4LiFe
02-23-2014, 01:34 PM
Clippers/Warriors

they don't even go to church together

Goose17
02-23-2014, 01:44 PM
Without a screen, curry is much less effective, and it makes his game ore one dimensional.

:laugh:

Curry is one of the best shot creators in the league and he's the best pull up shooter in the league. Harden drives the lane on average 6.8 times per game. Curry drives the lane on average 6.7 times per game, Curry's FG% on drives is 46.5%, Hardens FG% on drives is 48.7%

If you honestly think Curry just comes off screens and shoots, you're sadly mistaken.

Lets watch as video of Steph coming off screens all the time...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ2jQxDzMqs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJ2jQxDzMqs

COOLbeans
02-23-2014, 01:55 PM
I'm in that minority too buddy!

Because like other Rocket's fans that I've encountered online (outside of Mightybosttone and a few others), you're a homer Rockets fan who's ignorant to the NBA outside of Houston. Of course you'd pick Harden over Steph Curry, no **** lol

One of your Houston cohorts actually called Curry a one dimensional offensive player. Case in point. :clap:

FOBolous
02-23-2014, 01:59 PM
LOL you are by far the biggest troll out of your Houston bampots.

Warriors - Houston rivalry isn't that big imho. It's just a couple of trolls on here making something out of nothing.

Warriors - Clippers. Now that's a rivalry. Two teams who have had a history of losing suddenly becoming great and borderline contenders at around the same time, also playing in the same division. And being an LA team doesn't do them any favours.

It's strange though, I really respect the Clippers team and fan base most of the time, but I don't think there's a team in this league right now that I enjoy beating more than the Clippers.

I think because the Clippers are (imho) legitimate title contenders, which makes you respect them for what they've built, but also makes it so sweet when you defeat them.

I can't stand the Lakers, and I rejoice in their current failure. I hope they stay there for the next twenty years to get a taste of what it's like on the other side... it won't happen though, too much money, too attractive for FAs and a history of winning. :mad:

i'm a troll because i pointed out the FACT that no Rockets fan see the Warriors as a threat and that no one in Houston cares about the Warriors? why would there be any sort of "rivaly" between the Warriors and the Rockets? we've never met in the playoffs and the Rockets has had no problem with them during the regular season. they're literally just another team the Rockets faces during the regular season. my facebook and twitter seriously remains silent whenever the Rockets played the Warriors. go to Houston and ask any casual fan what they think of the Warriors and they'll be like "who?" ask any serious fan what they think of the Warriors and the answer will be "yea they're an ok team and that Curry kid is good." and fact is, the Warriors are the Rockets' preferred matchup. lol truth hurts. accept it. the only reason why Rockets fan and Warriors fans bicker on PSD is because Warrior fans are always trash and trying to talk down on the Rockets. that's it. if Warriors fans on PSD stop talking trash about the Rockets and stop trying to say the Warriors are better than the Rockets...there would be no interactions between the two fan bases, because there would be no reason for the two face bases to interact.

Goose17
02-23-2014, 02:05 PM
i'm a troll because i pointed out the FACT that no Rockets fan see the Warriors as a threat and that no one in Houston cares about the Warriors? my facebook and twitter was seriously silent when the Rockets played the Warriors. and fact is, the Warriors are the Rockets' preferred matchup. lol truth hurts. accept it. the only reason why Rockets fan and Warriors fans bicker on PSD is because Warrior fans are always trash and trying to talk down on the Rockets. that's it.

LOL... I've never seen consecutive failed attempts at trolling.

You're a troll because you think by dismissing our team and saying nobody in Houston takes us serious you will get a rise out of us. You're a troll because you claim Warriors fans talk trash and talk down to the Rockets, while you do the exact same thing, talk trash and talk down to the Dubs.

But you already know this, and I'm taking the sound advice of your very own MBT and reporting every troll post you or any Houston fan makes :D

c.c.
02-23-2014, 02:06 PM
Because like other Rocket's fans that I've encountered online (outside of Mightybosttone and a few others), you're ahomer Rockets fan who's ignorant to the NBA outside of Houston. Of course you'd pick Harden over Steph Curry, no **** lol

One of your Houston cohorts actually called Curry a one dimensional offensive player. Case in point. :clap:

Proof?

c.c.
02-23-2014, 02:11 PM

You're a troll because you think by dismissing our team and saying nobody in Houston takes us serious you will get a rise out of us. You're a troll because you claim Warriors fans talk trash and talk down to the Rockets, while you do the exact same thing, talk trash and talk down to the Dubs.

But you already know this, and I'm taking the sound advice of your very own MBT and reporting every troll post you or any Houston fan makes :D

Lol dude but he's telling the truth, we don't take the Warriors all that serious. How is that trolling if our Rockets fans feel that way?

FOBolous
02-23-2014, 02:12 PM

lol report all you want because i'm not trolling. i'm speaking the truth. just because you don't like what you see or disagree with that has been written doesn't make it a "troll" post. and i'm talking trash about the Warriors in defense of my team from Warriors fans who talk trash. i mean, other than that, what other reason do i have to hate the Warriors? we've never met in the playoffs before....and we pretty much had no problems vs the Warriors in the regular season. as a Rockets fan, i'm more worried about the Grizzlies than the Warriors because the Grizzlies is just that one team we can't beat for some reason. get your fellow Warriors fans to stop trying to say the Warriors are a better team and watch the interactions between the two fan bases wane.

Htownballa1622
02-23-2014, 02:14 PM
It is true though that this wouldn't be a "rivalry" between fans had it not been for that spanking we put on them when Jackson started fouling us to prevent us setting a record.

That and Warriors fans talking about the Rockets first.

Then when they were trying to get Dwight(and failed), they claimed there team was better off with Iggy and how they were better than the Rockets.

tredigs
02-23-2014, 02:15 PM
^Strangely confident fan from a team that has done nothing, Fob.

Htownballa1622
02-23-2014, 02:16 PM

TBH he's not trolling. Everything he says is true. :shrug:

FOBolous
02-23-2014, 02:17 PM

it's beause we're talking about the Warriors. I wouldn't as confident if we're talking about the other top 5 teams in the Western Conference, Indiana, Miami, or Memphis...because Memphis is just a bad matchup for us.

tredigs
02-23-2014, 02:18 PM
It is true though that this wouldn't be a "rivalry" between fans had it not been for that spanking we put on them when Jackson started fouling us to prevent us setting a record.

That and Warriors fans talking about the Rockets first.

Then when they were trying to get Dwight(and failed), they claimed there team was better off with Iggy and how they were better than the Rockets.

Well, they've played GS with Iggy once and we won. We'll see how that goes if we meet in the post season.

Most Warrior fans did not want Dwight. Bogut's a great defensive anchor and it was more important to shore up other weaknesses. Personally I just don't like Dwight (can't stand try-hards who aren't actually funny) and it would've been tough to have to root for him. Rox were a great fit.

Htownballa1622
02-23-2014, 02:18 PM

See...THIS is what we're talking about.

WHAT have the Warriors done besides get a favorable first round matchup last year and lose to the WCF champs?

No need for that.

You're not helping.

c.c.
02-23-2014, 02:19 PM
lol report all you want because i'm not trolling. i'm speaking the truth. just because you don't like what you see or disagree with that has been written doesn't make it a "troll" post. and i'm talking trash about the Warriors in defense of my team from Warriors fans who talk trash. i mean, other than that, what other reason do i have to hate the Warriors? we've never met in the playoffs before....and we pretty much had no problems vs the Warriors in the regular season. as a Rockets fan, i'm more worried about the Grizzlies than the Warriors because the Grizzlies is just that one team we can't beat for some reason. get your fellow Warriors fans to stop trying to say the Warriors are a better team than the Rockets and watch the interaction between the two fan bases wane.

Bro he just upset because he thinks his team is feared and respected by league. Fun and entertaining sometimes, yes. Nothing more!

Htownballa1622
Well, they've played GS with Iggy once and we won. We'll see how that goes if we meet in the post season.

Most Warrior fans did not want Dwight. Bogut's a great defensive anchor and it was more important to shore up other weaknesses. Personally I just don't like Dwight (can't stand try-hards who aren't actually funny) and it would've been tough to have to root for him. Rox were a great fit.

Yes they've played against y'all with Iggy where it took Dwight having a terrible game and Iggy "shutting" Harden down right?

No.

Aside from Iggy hitting a few LUCKY shots in the 4th he didn't really do anything to have Rox fans feeling worried.

Goose17
Lol dude but he's telling the truth, we don't take the Warriors all that serious. How is that trolling if our Rockets fans feel that way?

LOL. At the end of the day, out of all the teams in the top 8 seeds, Houston would be at the bottom of the Warriors fans "worries" (or maybe Dallas). We don't see you as a threat either. The problem is, we do respect the talent and we do accept that they're a high caliber team.

By saying nobody in ALL of Houston (not just Houston fans on here) take the Warriors serious, implies that they don't respect the talent and don't view them as a high caliber team. Which is clearly just a troll job.

There's a difference.

COOLbeans
02-23-2014, 02:20 PM
Proof?

psd.

Goose17
02-23-2014, 02:22 PM
Bro he just upset because he thinks his team is feared and respected by league. Fun and entertaining sometimes, yes. Nothing more!

LOL... see^

Yourself, Tr3yMill3r, FOB and Rhino do nothing but troll.

It's so childish and pathetic, I feel bad for MTB having to be associated with you.

c.c.
02-23-2014, 02:24 PM

Bogut always hurt and never dominate games though, you can't be serious if you rather him over Dwight

tredigs
02-23-2014, 02:24 PM
See...THIS is what we're talking about.

WHAT have the Warriors done besides get a favorable first round matchup last year and lose to the WCF champs?

No need for that.

You're not helping.

Not really all that "favorable" of a 1st round matchup seeing as they were the underdogs by fans and Vegas alike, is it?

Well, bottom line is that this Warriors squad has done more than this Rockets squad, but my point was not about the Warriors. It was just that Fob and others like him have this irrational superiority complex surrounding their team... a team that has yet to do a thing.

We'll see how the post season shakes out.

Bogut always hurt and never dominate games though, you can't be serious if you rather him over Dwight
Shockingly you missed my point and are jumping to conclusions. Dwight is a more impactful player than Bogut, but it was not the priority that Golden State needed to address.

Htownballa1622
02-23-2014, 02:25 PM
LOL... see^

It's so childish and pathetic, I feel bad for MTB having to be associated with you.

They may be talking a little harshly about Warriors. I do respect their talent maybe more than some, but let's not act like y'all don't have the BIGGEST TROLL on psd named "lol..whatever."

HE started majority of this.

FOBolous
02-23-2014, 02:26 PM

yup. sounds bout right.

FOBolous
02-23-2014, 02:27 PM
LOL... see^

i think it's childish and pathetic of you to call other people trolls because they say things you don't want hear. i feel bad that the Warriors have to associate with a fan base that includes you and all the other cocky, trash talking Warriors fans.

Htownballa1622
02-23-2014, 02:28 PM
Not really all that "favorable" of a 1st round matchup seeing as they were the underdogs by fans and Vegas alike, is it?

Well, bottom line is that this Warriors squad has done more than this Rockets squad, but my point was not about the Warriors. It was just that Fob and others like him have this irrational superiority complex surrounding their team... a team that has yet to do a thing.

We'll see how the post season shakes out.

Yes underdogs but would you have rather played Thunder,Spurs, or Clippers?

Nuggets were the MOST favorable matchup to y'all.

Their superiority complex is just a bit of trash talking but let's be real.

What did he say that wasn't true?

We are 5-2 in the past two years and we added arguably the best f.a. of the past summer(cp3 aside)

Goose17
02-23-2014, 02:28 PM
They may be talking a little harshly about Warriors. I do respect their talent maybe more than some, but let's not act like y'all don't have the BIGGEST TROLL on psd named "lol..whatever."

HE started majority of this.

I don't know anything about that (genuinely). But even if he did, why not just ignore it instead of trolling an entire fan base in response?

Goose17
02-23-2014, 02:29 PM
i think it's childish and pathetic of you to call other people trolls because they say things you don't want hear. i feel bad that the Warriors have to associate with a fan base that includes you and all the other cocky, trash talking Warriors fans.

Show me in this thread where I was trash talking? You're the only one trash talking and trolling on here and you know it. You're not getting as rise out us buddy, let it go.

Htownballa1622
02-23-2014, 02:31 PM
I don't know anything about that (genuinely). But even if he did, why not just ignore it instead of trolling an entire fan base in response?

Ah well I guess you weren't around last summer or were living under a rock in all those threads?

Point is, look at his "location" up near his post count.

"Where the GSW are better than the Houston Rockets."

THAT's why I called him out on all the BS he said about sweeping us or anything like that and I even SIG quoted that fool just like FOB now.

P.s. I'm not trolling nor have I trolled here in this topic.

c.c.
02-23-2014, 02:32 PM
Show me in this thread where I was trash talking? You're the only one trash talking and trolling on here and you know it. You're not getting as rise out us buddy, let it go.

Wasn't you the one calling Houston a "hick town" and calling us mint gorillas in some thread awhile ago?

Htownballa1622
02-23-2014, 02:33 PM
Wasn't you the one calling Houston a "hick town" and calling us mint gorillas?

exactly but "mint gorillas" was an anagram (apparently) for "I am trolling."

But yeah. the whole "hick town" did come from him.

c.c.
02-23-2014, 02:36 PM

I thought so bro, this guy is hypocrite!

Goose17
02-23-2014, 02:37 PM

I did and it was supposed to be an obvious troll. Hence the "I am trolling" anagram. None of it was serious, it was born from boredom, I thought it was pretty obvious I was trolling for kicks. Obvious troll is obvious and all that. People with a sense of humour (including Houston fans) would have looked back at that and laughed.

I've stated many times that I respect Houston and how they've built their team, I've also stated that I believe D12 is a top five/six player in the league. I've never trolled Houston fans out of spite or hatred or whatever this B.S is that Tr3yMill3r, FOB, C.C and Rhino are attempting.

The only team and fan base I truly dislike is the Lakers. Some of them have been humbled by their recent failures though, fortunately.

tredigs
02-23-2014, 02:39 PM
Yes underdogs but would you have rather played Thunder,Spurs, or Clippers?

Nuggets were the MOST favorable matchup to y'all.

Their superiority complex is just a bit of trash talking but let's be real.

What did he say that wasn't true?

We are 5-2 in the past two years and we added arguably the best f.a. of the past summer(cp3 aside)

It doesn't make the matchup "favorable". They were the underdogs going into the series (with David Lee) and won, period.

They are 0-1 against GS with Iggy and still haven't faced the full squad. Like I said, we will see in the playoffs if it shakes out that way.

Though for my entertainment value, I'm hoping we play a team like the Clippers and just watch Houston fall to someone like the Blazers in the 1st round.

lol, please
02-23-2014, 02:40 PM
I might consider the Rockets rivals if they can prove that they should be mentioned in the same breath as the Warriors in the playoffs.

I don't get the animosity between Clippers fans and Warriors fans either, the Clippers have never been good until yesterday either, what could anyone possibly hate them for? If anything, it's good to see them enjoy some success.

The Warriors would have the Lakers as rivals, if they were good. The Warriors don't really have rivals, but they can beat everyone, so other teams and fans will hate on the chemistry, and storyline championship that's about to unfold because they are jealous.

Htownballa1622
02-23-2014, 02:40 PM
I did and it was supposed to be an obvious troll. Hence the "I am trolling" anagram. None of it was serious, it was born from boredom, I thought it was pretty obvious I was trolling for kicks. Obvious troll is obvious and all that.

I've stated many times that I respect Houston and how they've built their team, I've also stated that I believe D12 is a top five/six player in the league. I've never trolled Houston fans out of spite or hatred or whatever this B.S is that Tr3yMill3r, FOB, C.C and Rhino are attempting.

The only team and fan base I truly dislike is the Lakers. Some of them have been humbled by their recent failures though, fortunately.

I hear ya and I agree about SOME of the lakers fans. (Nick, Illusion, etc.)

As do I in regards to the Warriors. I even stated that I was a(closet) dubs fan. I enjoy watching them.

I think overall the Rox fans are just responding to being trolled for so long now that they've begun to (slightly) troll y'all.

I can promise you though that this wouldn't be a pi**ing contest if both fan bases can just focus on their own teams.

John Walls Era
02-23-2014, 02:41 PM
It seems like its only on PSD and it was developed this season... hardly a rivalry.

FOBolous
LOL. At the end of the day, out of all the teams in the top 8 seeds, Houston would be at the bottom of the Warriors fans "worries" (or maybe Dallas). We don't see you as a threat either. The problem is, we do respect the talent and we do accept that they're a high caliber team.

By saying nobody in ALL of Houston (not just Houston fans on here) take the Warriors serious, implies that they don't respect the talent and don't view them as a high caliber team. Which is clearly just a troll job.

There's a difference.

i created a thread on THE biggest Houston Rockets discussion board on the internet asking them what they think of the Warriors and if they perceive the Warriors as a threat. you can follow along here:

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=251164

lol, please
Because like other Rocket's fans that I've encountered online (outside of Mightybosttone and a few others), you're a homer Rockets fan who's ignorant to the NBA outside of Houston. Of course you'd pick Harden over Steph Curry, no **** lol

That's ridiculous. :laugh2: gotta love homer rockets fans.

Goose17
02-23-2014, 02:42 PM
I can promise you though that this wouldn't be a pi**ing contest if both fan bases can just focus on their own teams.

...Or discuss things from a slightly less biased perspective.

John Walls Era
To be rivals, you have to be near equals in terms of talent. This is not a rivalry ;). Now let the **** fest begin.

FOBolous
I might consider the Rockets rivals if they can prove that they should be mentioned in the same breath as the Warriors in the playoffs.

I don't get the animosity between Clippers fans and Warriors fans either, the Clippers have never been good until yesterday either, what could anyone possibly hate them for? If anything, it's good to see them enjoy some success.

The Warriors would have the Lakers as rivals, if they were good. The Warriors don't really have rivals, but they can beat everyone, so other teams and fans will hate on the chemistry, and storyline championship that's about to unfold because they are jealous.

lol case and point.

c.c.
02-23-2014, 02:45 PM
I did and it was supposed to be an obvious troll. Hence the "I am trolling" anagram. None of it was serious, it was born from boredom, I thought it was pretty obvious I was trolling for kicks. Obvious troll is obvious and all that. People with a sense of humour (including Houston fans) would have looked back at that and laughed.

And always say how entertaining and fun to watch the Warriors are. You seem to always get piss when ever a Rockets fans say they rather play the Warriors or if we don't agree with some of your Harden < Curry statements. It's just they way we feel, our opinions.

tredigs
02-23-2014, 02:45 PM
lol case and point.

Haha, that's just how he is. Just a funny/overly confident fan.

FOBolous
02-23-2014, 02:46 PM
i created a thread on THE biggest Houston Rockets discussion board on the internet asking them what they think of the Warriors and if they perceive the Warriors as a threat. you can follow along here:

hate to break it to you Warriors fans but as much as you want to think the Warriors are feared and respected by league....they're not. like c.c. said, the Warriors are fun and entertaining sometimes...i'd give you that.

Htownballa1622
02-23-2014, 02:46 PM
It doesn't make the matchup "favorable". They were the underdogs going into the series (with David Lee) and won, period.

They are 0-1 against GS with Iggy and still haven't faced the full squad. Like I said, we will see in the playoffs if it shakes out that way.

Though for my entertainment value, I'm hoping we play a team like the Clippers and just watch Houston fall to someone like the Blazers in the 1st round.

If you quote the word "favorable" at least quote what I said which is "MOST favorable" out of the FOUR home court teams.

Yes you were slight underdogs but I mentioned and continue to mention you'd have rather faced them than Clips, Spurs, or Thunder.

As regards to the entire 0-1 with Iggy statement. You're speaking in absolutes w/o looking at the details.

Iggy didn't affect Harden the way you're claiming (and he has in the past)

It'd be like me saying. "Yeah but you haven't played Houston with Greg Smith yet."

It didn't really matter that Iggy played to where you can claim that's why y'all won.

Htownballa1622
02-23-2014, 02:49 PM
...Or discuss things from a slightly less biased perspective.

Agreed.

All i've said are facts though. :D

FOBolous
If you quote the word "favorable" at least quote what I said which is "MOST favorable" out of the FOUR home court teams.

Yes you were slight underdogs but I mentioned and continue to mention you'd have rather faced them than Clips, Spurs, or Thunder.

As regards to the entire 0-1 with Iggy statement. You're speaking in absolutes w/o looking at the details.

It'd be like me saying. "Yeah but you haven't played Houston with Greg Smith yet."

It didn't really matter that Iggy played to where you can claim that's why y'all won.

yea iggy did a great job holding Harden during that game :rolleyes: the only reason why the Warriors won that game is because Dwight had an uncharacteristic bad game and David Lee had an uncharactertic good game. but as soon as we switched Harden onto Lee, he got shut down. Patrick Beverly is also Curry's kryptonite. Curry played some of his worse games vs Beverly.

tredigs

I didn't quote it because it's irrelevant. The bottom line is that they won a series they were not predicted to win, and did so without their first All Star in like a decade. Who cares who they'd rather face? They got San Antonio in the next round without Lee and played 'em tougher then they saw from anyone else in the West. It was a fun little run that they're looking to build on.

And, I won't even address the second point seriously. Iggy is a massive cog for our defensive system as a whole. A major reason why we are a top ranked D this season.

Htownballa1622
Haha, that's just how he is. Just a * funny/overly confident fan.

*troll.

lol, please
02-23-2014, 02:51 PM
Haha, that's just how he is. Just a funny/overly confident fan.

Obviously they don't realize it, but I have been doing this on purpose to create a fan rivalry, and this thread proves my moderate success. If the price of a fan rivalry on PSD for the sake of (at least) my entertainment comes at the cost of them buying into the hype that I am a huge homer troll, that's the lesser evil I am willing to embrace.

The drama is awesome, and the fact that they inherited Dwight which most of PSD hates anyway, it's easy to throw stones, especially when I get the reaction I want.

Minus bosstone, he is more concerned with actually discussing basketball with intelligent conversation, which is respectable, but not always my priority.

I do my part to keep the NBA forum the wild west it has been, because, well, we need one. It can't all be like the MLB forum, that place has less personality than my legal team.

Sports without passion is not sports, and passion without trash talk is not passion at all.

Htownballa1622
02-23-2014, 02:53 PM
I didn't quote it because it's irrelevant. The bottom line is that they won a series they were not predicted to win, and did so without their first All Star in like a decade. Who cares who they'd rather face? They got San Antonio in the next round without Lee and played 'em tougher then they saw from anyone else in the West. It was a fun little run that they're looking to build on.

And, I won't even address the second point seriously. Iggy is a massive cog for our defensive system as a whole. A major reason why we are a top ranked D this season.

Exactly because you're just turning your head up trying to pretend you don't get what i'm saying when you know damn well what i'm saying.

That's fine though.

The Warriors HAVE achieved more success than the Rox LAST YEAR.

We SHALL see this year. I won't be that guy though, that just says "The Rox are better and achieved more success" without taking things into context.

Htownballa1622
02-23-2014, 02:54 PM
Obviously they don't realize it, but I have been doing this on purpose to create a fan rivalry, and this thread proves my moderate success. If the price of a fan rivalry on PSD for the sake of (at least) my entertainment comes at the cost of them buying into the hype that I am a huge homer troll, that's the lesser evil I am willing to embrace.

The drama is awesome, and the fact that they inherited Dwight which most of PSD hates anyway, it's easy to throw stones, especially when I get the reaction I want.

Minus bosstone, he is more concerned with actually discussing basketball with intelligent conversation, which is respectable, but not always my priority.

I do my part to keep the NBA forum the wild west it has been, because, well, we need one. It can't all be like the MLB forum, that place has less personality than my legal team.

Sports without passion is not sports, and passion without trash talk is not passion at all.

translation. "I stir **** up because i'm bored and i'm a huge troll. -You're welcome. "

tredigs
02-23-2014, 02:54 PM

I know bud, I get ya. I'm a fan of your banter and realize it's a show, just giving 'em the heads up if they don't get it.

tredigs
02-23-2014, 03:00 PM
Exactly because you're just turning your head up trying to pretend you don't get what i'm saying when you know damn well what i'm saying.

That's fine though.

The Warriors HAVE achieved more success than the Rox LAST YEAR.

We SHALL see this year. I won't be that guy though, that just says "The Rox are better and achieved more success" without taking things into context.

We probably shouldn't pretend that you didn't get to face a team that lost one of the highest Usage players at the league at the onset of the series. That guy had never even missed a practice for them; it massively crippled their capabilities and you were essentially playing 5 v 1 defensively and still lost. I don't think Golden State loses that series.

Beyond that, like I've mentioned twice, we'll just have to see how it plays out the rest of the season and hopefully playoffs. They have pretty even chances of success as I see it.

FOBolous
02-23-2014, 03:02 PM

hate to break it to you Warriors fans but as much as you want to think the Warriors are feared and respected by league....they're not. like c.c. said, the Warriors are fun and entertaining sometimes...i'd give you that.

as the poll in that other forum currently stands, 70% of the people don't think the Warriors are a threat with many people stating that they prefer to play the Warriors in the playoffs.

Htownballa1622
02-23-2014, 03:03 PM
We probably shouldn't pretend that you didn't get to face a team that lost one of the highest Usage players at the league at the onset of the series. That guy had never even missed a practice for them; it massively crippled their capabilities and you were essentially playing 5 v 1 defensively and still lost. I don't think Golden State loses that series.

Beyond that, like I've mentioned twice, we'll just have to see how it plays out the rest of the season and hopefully playoffs. They have pretty even chances of success as I see it.

Cool.Two can play that game. Let's not pretend we didn't upgrade at Center either.

I DO think Warriors would have played better as well since their team is not much different from last year.

THIS year our team has improved while the Warriors look slightly better than last year.

tredigs
02-23-2014, 03:21 PM
Cool.Two can play that game. Let's not pretend we didn't upgrade at Center either.

I DO think Warriors would have played better as well since their team is not much different from last year.

THIS year our team has improved while the Warriors look slightly better than last year.

I imagine you don't watch them much, but IF they go into the post season 100% they are significantly better. Their "#fullSquad" numbers are at the top of the league already and now that they finally have a competent bench point they likely won't fall in as deep a rut when the starters are out (which is far and away the reason for what struggles they have faced). But even with the issues to date, their win differential is far higher than last season and the defense went from average to elite. Plus, Curry is now a legitimate superstar level talent. It's an improved squad.

COOLbeans
02-23-2014, 03:25 PM
From the other day...lol!!

Originally Posted by rhino17 View Post

My hate for the warriors is almost at the level of my hate for the Jazz. I ****ing hate every one of those flopping, dirty, cowardly a SOBs. And Marc Jackson is the king of them all. Pathetic team all around and Tony Brothers didn't help, idk how he still has a job

Did anyone else hear Bill Worrell talking about the warriors fans after they were trying to pick a fight with Pat Bev? He said that they are always the most beliggerent fans in any stadium

Bogus blows anyway

Htownballa1622
02-23-2014, 03:25 PM
I imagine you don't watch them much, but IF they go into the post season 100% they are significantly better. Their "#fullSquad" numbers are at the top of the league already and now that they finally have a competent bench point they likely won't fall in as deep a rut when the starters are out (which is far and away the reason for what struggles they have faced). But even with the issues to date, their win differential is far higher than last season and the defense went from average to elite. Plus, Curry is now a legitimate superstar level talent. It's an improved squad.

I actually do see about a 3rd of their games. I see the numbers but i'm looking at it like you do without context.

I see that they're the 7 seed and a half game above the 8 seed.

See how context helps?

tredigs
02-23-2014, 03:33 PM
I actually do see about a 3rd of their games. I see the numbers but i'm looking at it like you do without context.

I see that they're the 7 seed and a half game above the 8 seed.

See how context helps?
I'm not sure you fully comprehend the nuance of "context"...

Htownballa1622
02-23-2014, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure you fully comprehend the nuance of "context"...

Right. Once again you try to play smarter than the next guy.

It's cool. Like you've said multiple times. We'll see how the season plays out and the playoffs.

mightybosstone
02-23-2014, 03:41 PM
I was wondering how long it would take for an objective discussion to devolve into mudslinging and homerisms. I'm impressed it took this long. If these two teams meet in a playoff series, I can see a lot of people getting banned for a while.

tredigs
02-23-2014, 03:44 PM
I was wondering how long it would take for an objective discussion to devolve into mudslinging and homerisms. I'm impressed it took this long. If these two teams meet in a playoff series, I can see a lot of people getting banned for a while.

Haha, that is a fact.

I just got my first ban actually. Apparently SI doesn't like me posting pictures of porn stars in threads (how is that any different from 90% of this sites sigs, exactly?). Shrug - at least someone removed it right after.

Goose17
02-23-2014, 04:04 PM
And always say how entertaining and fun to watch the Warriors are. You seem to always get piss when ever a Rockets fans say they rather play the Warriors or if we don't agree with some of your Harden < Curry statements. It's just they way we feel, our opinions.

Not at all. If you want to debate Harden is better than Curry then by all means go ahead, your entitled to your opinion.

But implying Curry is a one dimensional player is obviously a biased and ignorant statement, nobody outside of haters would claim something like that. It would be like a Dubs fan saying Harden only wins because he flops. It's a stupid argument.

And I don't mind if you would rather play us over OKC, Spurs or whatever. But to dismiss us as not being a high caliber team at all is again completely biased and ignorant.

yea iggy did a great job holding Harden during that game :rolleyes: the only reason why the Warriors won that game is because Dwight had an uncharacteristic bad game and David Lee had an uncharactertic good game. but as soon as we switched Harden onto Lee, he got shut down. Patrick Beverly is also Curry's kryptonite. Curry played some of his worse games vs Beverly.

LOL this is what I mean by 100% biased and ignorant^

Howard had a bad game? No. O'Neal locked him down. The Dubs defense locked down every single player on your roster with the exception of Harden.

And David Lee had an "uncharacteristic" good game? David Lee is a very good player, how is it uncharacteristic for a guy who almost averages a double double, to end the game with a double double? SMH.

This is the issue, everyone is entitled to an opinion but at least base it in reality.

Hawkeye15
02-23-2014, 04:12 PM
from this thread, its not a rivalry, its a whine-fest.

nastynice
02-23-2014, 04:27 PM
lol, wtf is going on in this thread??

Anyway, maybe some playoff games between the two will turn it into some type of rivalry. Right now, all it is, is two teams acquiring a lot of talent and having high hopes of turning that talent into trophies.

I got a friend thats a rockets fan, and he didn't see the warriors as a threat either. During the game he kept saying how he's not worried and the rockets will easily take it out of cruise control and win it at will. lol, definitely felt good to see his confusion afterward....

dubs gettin slept on = mofos gettin put to sleep. I like it like that tho. We have the stigma of having a weak bench this year, only us warriors fans see what's actually happening with our team. Cant wait for the playoffs...

nastynice
02-23-2014, 04:27 PM
from this thread, its not a rivalry, its a whine-fest.

yea, seriously, this thread deifinitely took a weird turn a few pages back...

FOBolous
02-23-2014, 04:44 PM
LOL this is what I mean by 100% biased and ignorant^

Howard had a bad game? No. O'Neal locked him down. The Dubs defense locked down every single player on your roster with the exception of Harden.

And David Lee had an "uncharacteristic" good game? David Lee is a very good player, how is it uncharacteristic for a guy who almost averages a double double, to end the game with a double double? SMH.

This is the issue, everyone is entitled to an opinion but at least base it in reality.

David Lee averages 19ppg. he never averaged more than 20 ppg in his career. he scored 28 points in the game. i say that qualifies as an "uncharacteristic" good game. and Dwight Howard averages a 49% FG% vs O'Neal through his entire career. based on that to say, it's also safe to assume Dwight just had an off night that night and had an uncharacteristic bad game.

look guys, the Warriors are a good team. they're 10 games over .500. they're young. they're talented. it's just unfortunate that we're playing in an era where the Western Conference is so strong. in almost any era, the Warriors would definitely be an elite team. Houston fans just don't see the Warriors as a threat because we feel like we match up pretty well against your team....not because we think our team is vastly superior vs your team talent wise. we haven't had any trouble with you in the regular season. plus no one on the Warriors can lock down Harden or Dwight. on the other hand, Beverly has proven that he's more than capable of locking down Curry with some of Curry's worse games coming against him. again that's not a knock against your team's talent or abilities....we just feel like we match up pretty well against you.

nastynice
02-23-2014, 04:59 PM
David Lee averages 19ppg. he never averaged 20 ppg in his career. he scored 28 points in the game. i say that qualifies as an "uncharacteristic" good game. and Dwight Howard averages a 49% FG% vs O'Neal through his entire career. based on that to say, it's also safe to assume Dwight just had an off night that night and had an uncharacteristic bad game.

David Lee scoring 28 pts is not an uncharacteristic good game lol. c'mon man, ur reaching hard.

And O'neal has just been playing good past 2 games, maybe has something to do with Dwight's bad game. You watched the game, just as I did, I don't think its fair to take away O'neal's effort and say Dwight just had a bad game...

mightybosstone
02-23-2014, 05:00 PM
Not to add fuel to the fire, but a reputable source told me that all Warriors fans smell funny because they don't shower and their mothers do certain things in dark alleys for money. Just what I heard. Don't shoot the messenger.

FOBolous
02-23-2014, 05:03 PM
David Lee scoring 28 pts is not an uncharacteristic good game lol. c'mon man, ur reaching hard.

And O'neal has just been playing good past 2 games, maybe has something to do with Dwight's bad game. You watched the game, just as I did, I don't think its fair to take away O'neal's effort and say Dwight just had a bad game...

i'm not understanding why it's not accurate to categorized a game as "uncharacteristic" where a player, who never averaged more 20 ppg his entire career, scored 28 points.

houstonfan
02-23-2014, 05:05 PM
This thread is hilarious. Rockets fans think we can beat them in the playoffs because we have beat them like 5 out of 7 (i think?) times in the last two years. Warriors fans saw them make a nice playoff run last year so they think they are better. Both teams have the potential to reach the WCF where they will lose to the Thunder. Nothing a Rockets fan says will change a Warriors fans opinion and vice versa. I dont see the point in arguing between fanbases when the players on the teams seem to get along fine.

FOBolous
02-23-2014, 05:05 PM
Not to add fuel to the fire, but a reputable source told me that all Warriors fans smell funny because they don't shower and their mothers do certain things in dark alleys for money. Just what I heard. Don't shoot the messenger.

:laugh2:

mightybosstone
02-23-2014, 05:08 PM
This thread is hilarious. Rockets fans think we can beat them in the playoffs because we have beat them like 5 out of 7 (i think?) times in the last two years. Warriors fans saw them make a nice playoff run last year so they think they are better. Both teams have the potential to reach the WCF where they will lose to the Thunder. Nothing a Rockets fan says will change a Warriors fans opinion and vice versa. I dont see the point in arguing between fanbases when the players on the teams seem to get along fine.

Well said, sir. Although I'm not sure these teams are necessarily the best of friends. They've had some pretty chippy moments over the last two years.

nastynice
02-23-2014, 05:09 PM
i'm not understanding why it's not accurate to categorized a game as "uncharacteristic" where a player, who never averaged more 20 ppg his entire career, scored 28 points.

Because Lee can put up 28 points on any given night. I have never ever seen him with a 28 point game and Warrior fans be like omg, can you believe what he did?? Him putting up 28 points is nothing out of the ordinary. The guy is like among the leaders as far as 20/10 games this year

Goose17
02-23-2014, 05:11 PM
David Lee averages 19ppg. he never averaged more than 20 ppg in his career. he scored 28 points in the game. i say that qualifies as an "uncharacteristic" good game.

I wouldn't say it does, considering this season he's had two games where he dropped 32 (against Spurs and Miami), three games where he dropped 28 (Denver twice plus you guys), and multiple 23/24 point games.

It's not unusual or uncharacteristic at all.

and Dwight Howard averages a 49% FG% vs O'Neal through his entire career. based on that to say, it's also safe to assume Dwight just had an off night that night and had an uncharacteristic bad game.

Wrong again, either you're only looking at the numbers and not watching the game or you're clueless about basketball... or maybe just 100% biased?

Watch the game again, O'Neal played Dwight flawlessly, it was an exceptionally impressive defensive effort.

Houston fans just don't see the Warriors as a threat

That's fine, because the Dubs don't see Houston as a threat either. But we would never dismiss them as not being a high caliber team. That's the difference.

we haven't had any trouble with you in the regular season.

Aside from the fact we just shut down your entire team aside from Harden and barely winning one of the games by four points? Sure.

plus no one on the Warriors can lock down Harden or Dwight. on the other hand, Beverly has proven that he's more than capable of locking down Curry with some of Curry's worse games playing against him. again that's not a knock against your team's talent or abilities....we just feel like we match up pretty well against you.

Bogut and O'Neal have both proven they can lock down Dwight. Dwight just had one of his worst games of the season with O'Neal shutting him down.

And Dre can lock down Harden, just because Harden beat him in one game, doesn't mean he could do it every game. Last year when you guys played Denver, Dre held Harden to .20% from the field and .33% from the field in two of the games.

As for Beverley, he's a great defender. I like his game. And he bothers Curry. But Curry just lit your team up, he dropped 26 points on 53%, 62% from deep.

Pat slows Curry down and bothers him a lot... but he doesn't shut him down.

Again, it's fair enough if you think you match up well against us. But your bias shows when you say nobody can lock Dwight down, even though O'Neal just did it and you refuse to admit it.

nastynice
02-23-2014, 05:15 PM
Watch the game again, O'Neal played Dwight flawlessly, it was an exceptionally impressive defensive effort.

x2. To take away what Oneal did is just outta saltiness. Either way, Dwight still had a huge night on the boards and as a defender in the paint, so I don't know about this whole him having a bad game...he just got bodied on the offensive side of the ball, oneal was the bigger man, what else is there to it?

mightybosstone
02-23-2014, 05:17 PM
I have a suggestion that could fix this debate. Tredigs and I will each select five Warriors and Rockets fans, respectively, to fight in a Hell in a Cell team cage match. Two teams enter. One team leaves.... Alive. Tredigs and I will coach from a private suite in the stadium (with fine wines, cheeses and women) and will sell tickets to the rest of PSD for attendance. Whichever fan base is left standing at the end is clearly the better basketball team.

SugeKnight
02-23-2014, 05:18 PM

I dont think anyone fears the Rockets either. The difference between our teams is, like you said, the Warriors are fun to watch, while Houston players are generally disliked.

BTW, this is another great bait thread by sunsfan

Goose17
02-23-2014, 05:18 PM
x2. To take away what Oneal did is just outta saltiness. Either way, Dwight still had a huge night on the boards and as a defender in the paint, so I don't know about this whole him having a bad game...he just got bodied on the offensive side of the ball, oneal was the bigger man, what else is there to it?

Exactly. Plus they were drawing a lot of fouls from him. I honestly think O'Neal got in his head.

Regardless, anyone who watched the game couldn't honestly say O'Neal didn't play great defense.

Goose17
02-23-2014, 05:19 PM
I have a suggestion that could fix this debate. Tredigs and I will each select five Warriors and Rockets fans, respectively, to fight in a Hell in a Cell team cage match. Two teams enter. One team leaves.... Alive. Tredigs and I will coach from a private suite in the stadium (with fine wines, cheeses and women) and will sell tickets to the rest of PSD for attendance. Whichever fan base is left standing at the end is clearly the better basketball team.

No Fair!! Your guys would just flop and play dead.

mightybosstone
02-23-2014, 05:23 PM
No Fair!! Your guys would just flop and play dead.

Perhaps. But while our guys are flopping, your team will be busy going somewhere and not winning a championship for 40 years.

Goose17
02-23-2014, 05:37 PM
Perhaps. But while our guys are flopping, your team will be busy going somewhere and not winning a championship for 40 years.

:guns:

ThaDubs
02-23-2014, 05:48 PM
I hate the Rockets, but it's fun to have this rivalry going. Not sure if any of ya'll saw it but in the last game, Pat Beverly had something to say to a Warriors fan and his teammates had to hold him back lol, I guess the rivalry is crossing the player-fan border :laugh2:

Asik's better
02-23-2014, 05:50 PM
Last night when I went to bed this thread was dead and on its way to a funeral parlour. And now this morning we are organising a hell in a cell match. This escalated pretty fast.

ThaDubs
02-23-2014, 05:51 PM

Or maybe while our team is taking the Spurs to 6 games including a lost game on a game winner without our all-star, your team is losing to a Westbrook-less Thunder team in the first round? Now we both added a player with about .150 ws/48 and the Warriors are dealing with a multitude of injury problems that have set us back to .5 games from the 6th seed.

ThaDubs
02-23-2014, 05:52 PM

****ing genius.

lol, please
02-23-2014, 05:54 PM
I dont think anyone fears the Rockets either. The difference between our teams is, like you said, the Warriors are fun to watch, while Houston players are generally disliked.

:clap:

lol, please
02-23-2014, 05:55 PM
Last night when I went to bed this thread was dead and on its way to a funeral parlour. And now this morning we are organising a hell in a cell match. This escalated pretty fast.

Until you publicly admit that Asik is not better, this will ever end.

mightybosstone
02-23-2014, 06:10 PM
Or maybe while our team is taking the Spurs to 6 games including a lost game on a game winner without our all-star, your team is losing to a Westbrook-less Thunder team in the first round? Now we both added a player with about .150 ws/48 and the Warriors are dealing with a multitude of injury problems that have set us back to .5 games from the 6th seed.

Mmmmm.... Mine was better and far less complicated. Also, I'm clearly trying to avoid this conversation while throwing in random comments for the sake of trolling. I have no desire to get into this again until the playoffs are here.

Asik's better
02-23-2014, 06:33 PM
Until you publicly admit that Asik is not better, this will ever end.
I refuse. You have no proof asik is not better.

moshy2
02-23-2014, 07:34 PM
Interesting that neither team views each other as threats. I hope they don't meet in the playoffs then, it wouldn't be that entertaining of a series. Neither team would try because it's essentially a bye for both teams. One team is gonna be in for a rude awawakening, unless the NBA puts both teams into the next round so they can face a team they actually fear.

nastynice
02-23-2014, 07:58 PM
Interesting that neither team views each other as threats. I hope they don't meet in the playoffs then, it wouldn't be that entertaining of a series. Neither team would try because it's essentially a bye for both teams. One team is gonna be in for a rude awawakening, unless the NBA puts both teams into the next round so they can face a team they actually fear.

lol, true. My boy (rockets fan) had his rude awakening last thursday. Any fan of either of these teams who thinks they have nothing to worry about if they were to face the other team in the playoffs is out of their mind.

mightybosstone
02-23-2014, 09:07 PM
lol, true. My boy (rockets fan) had his rude awakening last thursday. Any fan of either of these teams who thinks they have nothing to worry about if they were to face the other team in the playoffs is out of their mind.

I totally agree with this statement. I think Golden State is a better matchup for the Rockets than teams like OKC, San Antonio, LA or Memphis, but that doesn't mean I don't fear them at all. Patrick Beverley seems to defend Curry about as well as anyone in the league, but the guy is still going to get his 20 a night, and he's still damn near unstoppable in the fourth quarter. And the Rockets consistently struggle to defend PFs, so David Lee has a field day anytime he faces Houston.

I'd pick the Warriors over a few other teams in the West, but that doesn't mean I think Houston would mow them over. That's at least a six game series, and it's one the Rockets easily could lose if they don't play their best basketball. And I'd certainly rather face the Suns, Mavs or Blazers in the first round than the Warriors.

CluTcH_c1tY
02-24-2014, 01:16 AM
Man I pray the Rockets play the Warriors in the playoffs. Best possible matchup for the Rockets which could go 5-6 games. Both teams could make some noise. Let's hope they don't meet in the 1st round. I would prefer a 2nd round meeting.

Duncan = Donkey
02-24-2014, 01:17 AM
I wasn't even aware they had a rivalry :hide:

sunsfan88
02-24-2014, 01:26 AM

Who am I baiting?

ThuglifeJ
02-24-2014, 02:48 AM
Thought people were pretty indifferent on rockets. Like, who really cares?

Boston - LA will be back one day

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 03:06 AM
Thought people were pretty indifferent on rockets. Like, who really cares?

Boston - LA will be back one day
What do you even mean by "indifferent?" And, yes, Boston and LA is easily the best rivalry in NBA history, without question. No one's debating that, and I'm sure it will happen again over time. But it's likely going to take a long while. There was nearly two decades between the last Bird-Magic Finals and the first KG-Kobe Finals in 07-08. It could be a very, very long time before those two teams meet again.

tredigs
02-24-2014, 03:09 AM

At last, a logical post.

P&GRealist
02-24-2014, 03:14 AM
Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant is a greater rivalry than this one, and one of them is dead.

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 03:17 AM
Hulk Hogan and Andre the Giant is a greater rivalry than this one, and one of them is dead.

:pity: Andre the Giant jokes? Poor form, sir.

lol, please
02-24-2014, 04:03 PM

Showing your age and lack of knowledge there, stud? Hulk Hogan had no rival. /convo

Monta is beast
02-24-2014, 04:09 PM
Have you noticed rockets fans comments compared to warriors fans comments? And were cocky? We envy you? Your the one taking shots warriors fans are keepin it real..you have had the upper hand in games so far..but what have you done in the playoffs? Who has the best player? Exactly lock it up till you have something to gloat about

lol, please
02-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Have you noticed rockets fans comments compared to warriors fans comments? And were cocky? We envy you? Your the one taking shots warriors fans are keepin it real..you have had the upper hand in games so far..but what have you done in the playoffs? Who has the best player? Exactly lock it up till you have something to gloat about

:clap:

Goose17
02-24-2014, 04:20 PM
I totally agree with this statement. I think Golden State is a better matchup for the Rockets than teams like OKC, San Antonio, LA or Memphis, but that doesn't mean I don't fear them at all. Patrick Beverley seems to defend Curry about as well as anyone in the league, but the guy is still going to get his 20 a night, and he's still damn near unstoppable in the fourth quarter. And the Rockets consistently struggle to defend PFs, so David Lee has a field day anytime he faces Houston.

I'd pick the Warriors over a few other teams in the West, but that doesn't mean I think Houston would mow them over. That's at least a six game series, and it's one the Rockets easily could lose if they don't play their best basketball. And I'd certainly rather face the Suns, Mavs or Blazers in the first round than the Warriors.

This is exactly what I was saying^

There's a difference between thinking a team is less of a threat compared to the other top 6/7 teams because of how you match up, but to dismiss them entirely and say they're not a threat in any way, shape or form is just daft.

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 04:27 PM

I hate to bring this up, but what exactly have the Warriors accomplished in the postseason? I'm not saying the Rockets have done much of anything since the 90s, but you guys are acting like a 6-game series victory over a historically underachieving postseason team like the Nuggets was a ****ing championship. It was not, nor was it remotely close. Had the Rockets played them, they might have won that series, as well. And had the Warriors faced OKC, they might have lost the series. Was it a nice upset? Sure. But it certainly doesn't mean the Warriors are a better basketball team than the Rockets. Hell, that team last season had no legitimate PF whatsoever and added Dwight freaking Howard this season. They're two different teams, bro.

Also, the "who has the best player" argument is tired, and pointless. If whoever had the best player in the league meant a damn thing, then Michael Jordan would have had like 10-12 titles, Lebron would have like 5-6 by now and Kareem would have won a ****ton between the 60s, 70s and early 80s. It means nothing. The Rockets have a far better second and third option in Dwight Howard and Chandler Parsons, and I don't even think that's debatable.

SouthSideRookie
02-24-2014, 04:59 PM
I can go on and on here.

I've seen some here claim that GS has given OKC problems during the regular season so they match up well and could beat OKC in a series. They then turn around and say the Rockets didn't do anything in the playoffs last year and GS did and even though we own the Warriors in the regular season that doesn't mean much for a potential playoff matchup.

Also IIRC the Rockets had a better differential than GS last season. Now they're claiming that GS should be projected as the better team this year or expected to go further because they have the better differential, something along those lines.

Playing Denver vs playing OKC is a totally different animal. OKC is a true powerhouse who IIRC had one of the best PD in league history. Ask any Denver fan and they will tell you how GK was an idiot for not putting IGGY on Curry for most of the series.

In the Spurs series Curry went off for 44 in game I believe. After that SA shut him down. Harden was a huge reason why OKC beat the same Spurs team in the CF the year before. What does this mean?

What conclusion can some here draw from this, since the past means so much to many here.

Bottom line I will never understand why GS fans can't accept the fact that Houston could be the better team. Rockets have had problems with teams like the Clippers, Mavs and Thunder to name a few. We clearly haven't matched up as well vs those teams. I don't see any Rox fan denying this, or much less talking trash to fans of those teams, why should we.

TrueFan420
02-24-2014, 05:00 PM
The Rockets have a far better second and third option in Dwight Howard and Chandler Parsons, and I don't even think that's debatable.

Haha um what? You're right about Dwight being a far better second option than David Lee, even tho he's criminally underrated. But Chandler Parsons being a far better third option than Klay Thompson or Andre Iguodala and it not being debatable is laughable. The three players are very different players with different skill sets but to say one is far better than the other two and not up for debate is a joke. I'd put all three on the same level. Klay and Parson are more similar than Iggy and while Iggy might not be as good offensively as the other two his defense is absolutely elite and his rebounding and passing, as well as much improved 3pt shot puts him on even footing. Now you might be able to say one is better as a fit than the other for reason of the rest of the team make up or contract but if were talking just basketball the 3 are very close and to say one if better than the other with debate just shows a massive bias on your part.

nastynice
02-24-2014, 05:48 PM
You're right about Dwight being a far better second option than David Lee,

second option meaning as a scorer?? na, I'd rather have the ball in Lee's hands than Dwight's if I need a bucket.

TrueFan420
02-24-2014, 05:55 PM
second option meaning as a scorer?? na, I'd rather have the ball in Lee's hands than Dwight's if I need a bucket.

Second option doesn't mean just scorer (at least that's not what I think he meant or how I look at it). Second option as more of second best player on the team and all of the elements they bring to the table.

lol, please
02-24-2014, 05:58 PM
Haha um what? You're right about Dwight being a far better second option than David Lee, even tho he's criminally underrated. But Chandler Parsons being a far better third option than Klay Thompson or Andre Iguodala and it not being debatable is laughable. The three players are very different players with different skill sets but to say one is far better than the other two and not up for debate is a joke. I'd put all three on the same level. Klay and Parson are more similar than Iggy and while Iggy might not be as good offensively as the other two his defense is absolutely elite and his rebounding and passing, as well as much improved 3pt shot puts him on even footing. Now you might be able to say one is better as a fit than the other for reason of the rest of the team make up or contract but if were talking just basketball the 3 are very close and to say one if better than the other with debate just shows a massive bias on your part.
Well said.

lol, please
02-24-2014, 06:00 PM
Agreed.

Second option doesn't mean just scorer (at least that's not what I think he meant or how I look at it). Second option as more of second best player on the team and all of the elements they bring to the table.
I think of second best option in terms of scoring, unless we make it clear otherwise. Given that we have a good enough defensive presence in Bogut that brings much of the same that Dwight brings, but to a lesser extent, I would absolutely rather have Lee as a scorer than Dwight.

COOLbeans
02-24-2014, 06:03 PM
I can go on and on here.

I've seen some here claim that GS has given OKC problems during the regular season so they match up well and could beat OKC in a series. They then turn around and say the Rockets didn't do anything in the playoffs last year and GS did and even though we own the Warriors in the regular season that doesn't mean much for a potential playoff matchup.

Also IIRC the Rockets had a better differential than GS last season. Now they're claiming that GS should be projected as the better team this year or expected to go further because they have the better differential, something along those lines.

Playing Denver vs playing OKC is a totally different animal. OKC is a true powerhouse who IIRC had one of the best PD in league history. Ask any Denver fan and they will tell you how GK was an idiot for not putting IGGY on Curry for most of the series.

In the Spurs series Curry went off for 44 in game I believe. After that SA shut him down. Harden was a huge reason why OKC beat the same Spurs team in the CF the year before. What does this mean?

What conclusion can some here draw from this, since the past means so much to many here.

Bottom line I will never understand why GS fans can't accept the fact that Houston could be the better team. Rockets have had problems with teams like the Clippers, Mavs and Thunder to name a few. We clearly haven't matched up as well vs those teams. I don't see any Rox fan denying this, or much less talking trash to fans of those teams, why should we.

:violin::laugh2:

TrueFan420
02-24-2014, 06:12 PM
Agreed.

I think of second best option in terms of scoring, unless we make it clear otherwise. Given that we have a good enough defensive presence in Bogut that brings much of the same that Dwight brings, but to a lesser extent, I would absolutely rather have Lee as a scorer than Dwight.
Well we can agree to disagree about the definition but I look at it like this... Second option is the player that is second best on the team. David lee is the better scorer in sense that if I had one possession to get a bucket and I had to pick one I'd take lee. But the games isn't played on one side of the court. Dwight puts up similar points on strength and athleticism with very good efficiency (cause he's dunking) while also playing great defense. He's the better player and closer to a first option than Lee. I would rather have Dwight as my second best player.

Monta is beast
02-24-2014, 06:32 PM
These arguments are played out already. As far as "options" go

1. Curry
2. Harden
3. Lee
4. Parsons
5. Howard
6. Thompson

lol, please
02-24-2014, 06:54 PM
Well we can agree to disagree about the definition but I look at it like this... Second option is the player that is second best on the team. David lee is the better scorer in sense that if I had one possession to get a bucket and I had to pick one I'd take lee. But the games isn't played on one side of the court. Dwight puts up similar points on strength and athleticism with very good efficiency (cause he's dunking) while also playing great defense. He's the better player and closer to a first option than Lee. I would rather have Dwight as my second best player.
Or no one can lose and Lee and Dwight could patrol the paint together, but Dwight was too foolish to pass up that easy ticket to a championship.

1. Curry
2. Harden
3. Lee
4. Parsons
5. Howard
6. Thompson
This.

ManRam
02-24-2014, 07:04 PM
I think the respective fan bases, at least within the PSD population, have shown how obnoxious they are about their and their rival's team in this thread. I think that's answered the question. Well...it's probably not the best if we're looking at any period of time outside of the last year-or-so...but right now? Maybe. The obsession the fans here have for the other team is pretty impressive.

asandhu23
02-24-2014, 07:18 PM
no.

FOBolous
02-24-2014, 07:23 PM
I can go on and on here.

Great post. The answer to your question is because warriors fans are insecure about their team.

They feel like their team should be better than it is now but it's not and they can't accept it. They want to think that they're the best "young and upcoming" team but they're not. They also can't accept the fact that their team is a borderline playoff team in today's western conference.

asandhu23
02-24-2014, 07:26 PM
Great post. The answer to your question is because warriors fans are insecure about their team.

Of course, we are. Warriors fans have developed a special level of cynicism because of Chris Cohan ownership era.

c.c.
02-24-2014, 07:32 PM

They feel like their team should be better than it is now but it's not and they can't accept it. They want to think that they're the best "young and upcoming" team but they're not. They also can't accept the fact that their team is a borderline playoff team in today's western conference.

Nothing but the Truth especially that part

LongIslandIcedZ
02-24-2014, 07:40 PM
Both teams are succeeding right now. Maybe not in a championship sense, but they are both up an coming teams that are exciting.

As teams get better, they get more fans. As they get more fans, more fans sign up on PSD. The more fans a team has, the more douchebag fans there are. I usually say around 15% of a teams fan base are *******s.

Thats why there are so many annoying Knick/Laker/Heat fans. They arent less knowledgable fans, or bigger homers, there are just so many trolls due to sheer volume. Fans are the same, generally. The variables are number of fans, and team success.

If the Knicks were ever good enough to compete with the Heat, can you imagine what would happen to this board?

WARRIORS@GR
02-24-2014, 07:48 PM
Borderline playoffs team?Warriors have 22 losses,with the Clippers having 20 and Rockets 18.Rockets and Clippers are 'contenders' with the Warriors being 'borderline playoffs team'?Makes sense.

ThaDubs
02-24-2014, 07:51 PM

What is there to be insecure about?

Check this out:

You guys lost to OKC without their star point guard.

We beat Denver WITHOUT OUR TEAM'S ONLY ALL-STAR.

Then, WITHOUT OUT TEAM'S ONLY ALL-STAR, we took the Spurs to 6 games and lost one on a game winner which means that we could have taken them to 7 easily, and therefore we very well could have gone to the CF.

Now we both added a player with about .150 ws/48 and we've dealt with way more injury woes than you. What is there to be insecure about now?

Monta is beast
02-24-2014, 07:52 PM
Wartiors are 3rd in the league in games missed due to injuries as well. And since the all star break were playing more focused, averaging 6.5 less turnovers per game. If we can continue to do that we have an elite rebounding, defensive, very good offensive team. Rockets dont play defense. The warriors are the better team if they can solve there turnover problem ifno t then the rockets are. That simple.

c.c.
02-24-2014, 07:59 PM
Wartiors are 3rd in the league in games missed due to injuries as well. And since the all star break were playing more focused, averaging 6.5 less turnovers per game. If we can continue to do that we have an elite rebounding, defensive, very good offensive team. Rockets dont play defense.The warriors are the better team if they can solve there turnover problem ifno t then the rockets are. That simple.

Truth be told, both teams suck on defense to me and need to improve.

ThuglifeJ
02-24-2014, 08:00 PM
Borderline playoffs team?Warriors have 22 losses,with the Clippers having 20 and Rockets 18.Rockets and Clippers are 'contenders' with the Warriors being 'borderline playoffs team'?Makes sense.

I don't think anyone takes the rockets as contenders...let's be real here. Clippers.? Sure

Monta is beast
02-24-2014, 08:02 PM
That shows how lityle you know about the warriors. Were the fourth best defensive team in the league.

WARRIORS@GR
02-24-2014, 08:03 PM
Truth be told, both teams suck on defense to me and need to improve.What?

Monta is beast
02-24-2014, 08:03 PM
The ONLY way to judge a teams defense is oppising teams fg%, which tge warriors rank fourtg, also rank high in rebounding

c.c.
02-24-2014, 08:04 PM
I don't think anyone takes the rockets as contenders...let's be real here. Clippers.? Sure

I take them as contenders!

FOBolous
02-24-2014, 08:04 PM
-delete-

WARRIORS@GR
02-24-2014, 08:07 PM
See what I'm talking about? Insecure.So..proving someone wrong with arguments is insecure?

houstonfan
02-24-2014, 08:08 PM
That shows how lityle you know about the warriors. Were the fourth best defensive team in the league.

Just out of curiosity, in what stat? If opponents fg % then yall are 4th and we are 5th so we dont suck at defense. But if opponents ppg GS is 9 and Rockets are 19. Defensive efficiency: GS 3, HOU 10. I agree Golden State is a very good defensive team, but Houston isn't bad by any means.

c.c.
02-24-2014, 08:08 PM

Says who? The games I see, all I see is some good passing lane defense from time to time but that's it. That block from O'Neal was the best post defense I seen from them all year.

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Wartiors are 3rd in the league in games missed due to injuries as well. And since the all star break were playing more focused, averaging 6.5 less turnovers per game. If we can continue to do that we have an elite rebounding, defensive, very good offensive team. Rockets dont play defense. The warriors are the better team if they can solve there turnover problem ifno t then the rockets are. That simple.

:laugh: You know the Rockets are fifth in opponents' FG%, right? You continue to prove how remarkably incompetent you are with each post. If you're going to proclaim something, at least be smart enough to check your stats beforehand so you don't look like a complete tool 10 minutes later.

houstonfan
02-24-2014, 08:10 PM
The ONLY way to judge a teams defense is oppising teams fg%, which tge warriors rank fourtg, also rank high in rebounding

Rockets are 5th.... .004% higher than Golden State. To say the Rockets dont play defense is ignorant if that is the ONLY stat you use

WARRIORS@GR
02-24-2014, 08:11 PM
Says who? The games I see, all I see is some good passing lane defense from time to time but that's it. That block from O'Neal was the best post defense I seen from them all year.I haven't checked stats,but Bogut has to be a top 3 paint proctector this year.

Goose17
Says who? The games I see, all I see is some good passing lane defense from time to time but that's it. That block from O'Neal was the best post defense I seen from them all year.

They're the second best team in the West in defensive efficiency and top 4-5 in pretty much every defensive category.

Dubs are an elite defensive team, it's their offense that's the issue.

Get to know.

houstonfan
:laugh: You know the Rockets are fifth in opponents' FG%, right? You continue to prove how remarkably incompetent you are with each post. If you're going to proclaim something, at least be smart enough to check your stats beforehand so you don't look like a complete tool 10 minutes later.

Well ****, MBT. Great minds think alike i guess. Just posted the same thing at the same time

FOBolous
02-24-2014, 08:12 PM

What is there to be insecure about?

Check this out:

You guys lost to OKC without their star point guard.

We beat Denver WITHOUT OUR TEAM'S ONLY ALL-STAR.

Then, WITHOUT OUT TEAM'S ONLY ALL-STAR, we took the Spurs to 6 games and lost one on a game winner which means that we could have taken them to 7 easily, and therefore we very well could have gone to the CF.

Now we both added a player with about .150 ws/48 and we've dealt with way more injury woes than you. What is there to be insecure about now?

See what I'm talking about? Insecure.

A person who's secure readily admits faults to their team and acknowledges their team's shortcomings. I admit that Memphis, despite our better record, is a bad matchup for us. I admit that our team need to improve its perimeter defense. I admit, despite being number 3 in the western conference, we're still not a "tier 1" team on the same level as Heat and Spurs.

A fan who's insecure about their team refuses to accept facts about their team....such as warriors fans who refuse to accept that, despite being 10 games over .500, their team is a borderline playoff team in today's western conference. Or that, a team that their team consistently loose to is a bad matchup for them.

Goose17
02-24-2014, 08:15 PM
My bad, I just checked; Warriors are #1 in defensive efficiency in the West.

3rd in the league, behind Indiana and Chicago.

Houston are 10th in the league (as expected with guys like Pat and D12)

WARRIORS@GR
02-24-2014, 08:16 PM
See what I'm talking about? Insecure.

A person who's secure readily admits faults to their team and acknowledges their team's shortcomings. I admit that Memphis, despite our better record, is a bad matchup for us. I admit that our team need to improve its perimeter defense. I admit, despite being number 3 in the western conference, we're still not a "tier 1" team on the same level as Heat and Spurs.

A fan who's insecure about their team refuses to accept facts about their team....such as warriors fans who refuse to accept that, despite being 10 games over .500, their team is a borderline playoff team in today's western conference.
You're getting annoying here,this looks like trolling.Again,Warriors 22 losses,Clippers 20.Go ahead telling me the Clippers are a borderline playoff team.

Goose17
02-24-2014, 08:18 PM
@FOB The Current Warriors have only played the current Rockets three times. One game you won by four points, one game you outplayed us completely and one game we won.

How is that outmatched? Especially considering you've never played the squad at full strength.

You match up well against us, and we match up just as wrll against you.

c.c.
02-24-2014, 08:18 PM
They're the second best team in the West in defensive efficiency and top 4-5 in pretty much every defensive category.

Get to know.

The Rockets and the Warriors stop playing respectful defense once they get a nice lead or have a lead for a long period of time. Is like they try to take turns scoring against their opponent because of their great offensive weapons or just hope the other team stays in their slump. There isn't a stat for that just observation

FOBolous
02-24-2014, 08:19 PM
You're getting annoying here,this looks like trolling.Again,Warriors 22 losses,Clippers 20.Go ahead telling me the Clippers are a borderline playoff team.

Awww the insecure fan is mad at the truth and called me a troll. So cute. And now, they're even trying to convince themselves they're as good as the Clippers. :laugh2: btw, how many games back is Memphis from your team?

FOBolous
02-24-2014, 08:22 PM
The Rockets and the Warriors stop playing respectful defense once they get a nice lead or have a lead for a long period of time. Is like they try to take turns scoring against their opponent because of their great offensive weapons or just hope the other team stays in their slump. There isn't a stat for that just observation

Yup. We're secure enough about our team to admit that but they're not.

Monta is beast
02-24-2014, 08:23 PM
Alright my bad aha listen to goose tho. I had the right idea

WARRIORS@GR
02-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Awww the insecure fan is mad at the truth and called me a troll. So cute. And now, they're even trying to convince themselves they're as good as the Clippers. :laugh2: btw, how many games back is Memphis to you?Truth?The Warriors have the 4th best point differential in the West,a top 3 defense,and they have missed key players to injuries more than the Rockets.And to answer your question,we are 2 games ahead of Memphis,and 2 games behind the Clippers.

Goose17
02-24-2014, 08:27 PM

That's a fair observation.

It doesn't change the fact that when they do play defense, it's a top 4 defense in the league.

FOBolous
02-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Truth?The Warriors have the 4th best point differential in the West,a top 3 defense,and they have missed key players to injuries more than the Rockets.And to answer your question,we are 2 games ahead of Memphis,and 2 games behind the Clippers.

and what would happen if Memphis goes on a mini winning steak and GS suffers a mini losing steak?

c.c.
02-24-2014, 08:30 PM
Yup. We're secure enough about our team to admit that but they're not.

They swear the Warriors can do no wrong and Curry can average 40 and 20 if he wanted to lol

Goose17
02-24-2014, 08:30 PM
And did someone just imply that we're not as good as the Clippers? A team we just finished blowing out? A team that we beat twice in the season by double digits?

We can certainly keep up with the clippers.

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 08:31 PM
Klay is not remotely the player Parsons is, and I'm not sure you can provide any evidence whatsoever to prove otherwise. Parsons absolutely crushes Thompson in PER, TS%, WS/48 and any rebounding or passing statistic you could possibly mention. The only edge he has on Parsons is 0.9-point edge in PPG, but it takes him a pathetic 2.6 more FGA to achieve that slight edge, because he's an inefficient scoring wing. Parsons > Thompson, and it's not close or debatable.

Iggy you could actually make a case for, but I'm not quite sure how you go about doing so. Parsons has a clear edge offensively and efficiency wise, while Iggy has a clear edge defensively. But I'd be willing to go as far to say that Parsons has a bigger edge offensively on Iggy than Iggy has on Parsons defensively. Not only do all advanced stats back Parsons over Iguodala, but Parsons is the third best defensive player on the Rockets team. Whereas Iggy is, at best, the fourth best offensive player for Golden State.

1. Curry
2. Harden
3. Lee
4. Parsons
5. Howard
6. Thompson
If you think Howard is the fifth best option or fifth best player on this list, I'm not quite sure what to tell you. But you're just wrong.

Well said.

This.
This is pretty dense. You completely agreed with one guy and then completely agreed with a second guy, but they said COMPLETELY different things. Are you even reading the things people read, or do you just agree with any post a Warriors fan says? About growing an opinion of your own next time?

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 08:34 PM
And did someone just imply that we're not as good as the Clippers? A team we just finished blowing out? A team that we beat twice in the season by double digits?

Golden State is not as good as the Clippers. Matchups matter, and just because Team X beats Team Y a few times in an extremely small sample size during the regular season does not make Team X better. Worse teams beat better teams in the NBA all the time. That does not make them better.

WARRIORS@GR
02-24-2014, 08:35 PM
and what would happen if Memphis goes on a mini winning steak and GS suffers a mini losing steak?
And what would happen if the Rockets go on a mini losing streak,with Warriors keeping on their winning streak?Why do you think the Warriors will be inconsistent the rest of the way?I could also say that the Rockets might end up with the 7th seed,would you be ok with that?

Goose17
02-24-2014, 08:36 PM
Golden State is not as good as the Clippers. Matchups matter, and just because Team X beats Team Y a few times in an extremely small sample size during the regular season does not make Team X better. Worse teams beat better teams in the NBA all the time. That does not make them better.

You're right. Match ups matter. So I guess Houston beating us a few times doesn't make them the better team...

Lets be clear. We destroyed the Clippers in last years season series, and we're doing it again this year.

There are teams we will struggle against. But there is no team we can't beat.

WARRIORS@GR
02-24-2014, 08:37 PM
Golden State is not as good as the Clippers. Matchups matter, and just because Team X beats Team Y a few times in an extremely small sample size during the regular season does not make Team X better. Worse teams beat better teams in the NBA all the time. That does not make them better.But you guys will keep using a small sample size of regular season games as proof that the Rockets would beat the Warriors in the playoffs.

Goose17
02-24-2014, 08:40 PM
The funny thing is. They'll claim the better record makes them the better team. Not taking into account the schedule/divisions/injuries etc and the fact that some teams are built for the regular season, some for the post season.

I don't see a team in this league that we couldn't beat on any given night. And I could say the same for Houston.

FOBolous
02-24-2014, 08:41 PM

aren't y'all big on using injuries as excuses and that stupid #fullsquad thing? Isn't the Clippers missing a player or 2?

Goose17
02-24-2014, 08:42 PM
aren't y'all big on using injuries as excuses and that stupid #fullsquad thing? Isn't the Clippers missing a player or 2?

Not when we spanked them last year and not when we beat them the first time this year.

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 08:43 PM

Dubs are an elite defensive team, it's their offense that's the issue.

Get to know.

I'd agree with this. If/when Golden State falls in the playoffs, I don't think it will be because they struggled defensively. Their biggest concern should be offensively, where they turn the ball over too often and rely way too much on their perimeter shooters at times.

I actually think the Rockets and Warriors are similar teams defensively. They both give up too many points more because of high turnover rates, but they generally play pretty good half-court defense thanks to defensive studs in the paint and a perimeter defender who can shut down opposing teams wings (Iggy and Beverley). The big differences are Houston has more guys to hide in their starting five, Golden State has Iggy and Warriors don't give up all the offensive rebounds that the Rockets do.

FOBolous
02-24-2014, 08:44 PM
And what would happen if the Rockets go on a mini losing streak,with Warriors keeping on their winning streak?Why do you think the Warriors will be inconsistent the rest of the way?I could also say that the Rockets might end up with the 7th seed,would you be ok with that?

and that's what makes the warriors a borderline playoff team. One small losing streak and you're out of the playoffs. One small losing streak for us and we lose homecourt :shrug: are you ready to admit that or are you still too insecure?

Goose17
02-24-2014, 08:46 PM
I'd agree with this. If/when Golden State falls in the playoffs, I don't think it will be because they struggled defensively. Their biggest concern should be offensively, where they turn the ball over too often and rely way too much on their perimeter shooters at times.

I actually think the Rockets and Warriors are similar teams defensively. They both give up too many points more because of high turnover rates, but they generally play pretty good half-court defense thanks to defensive studs in the paint and a perimeter defender who can shut down opposing teams wings (Iggy and Beverley). The big differences are Houston has more guys to hide in their starting five, Golden State has Iggy and Warriors don't give up all the offensive rebounds that the Rockets do.

Turnovers were killing us D:

Klay has also developed into a very good wing defender. He just lacks the overall consistency.

FOBolous
02-24-2014, 08:46 PM
Not when we spanked them last year and not when we beat them the first time this year.

so you think you're as good as the Clippers for the same reason why Houston fans think the warriors are a good matchup us?

c.c.
02-24-2014, 08:47 PM
The funny thing is. They'll claim the better record makes them the better team. Not taking into account the schedule/divisions/injuries etc and the fact that some teams are built for the regular season, some for the post season.

I don't see a team in this league that we couldn't beat on any given night. And I could say the same for Houston.

The Southwest division is the toughest division in the league

Goose17
02-24-2014, 08:48 PM
so you think you're as good as the Clippers for the same reason why Houston fans think the warriors are a good matchup us?

Yes.

Difference is. You've only beating us by double digits once. And we've never played you healthy.

At the end of the day, none of it matters. It's the playoffs that count.

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 08:49 PM
You're right. Match ups matter. So I guess Houston beating us a few times doesn't make them the better team...

Lets be clear. We destroyed the Clippers in last years season series, and we're doing it again this year.

There are teams we will struggle against. But there is no team we can't beat.

But you guys will keep using a small sample size of regular season games as proof that the Rockets would beat the Warriors in the playoffs.

I anticipated to immediately get this response. But you guys aren't taking things like record or matchup into account. Look at this this way.... Based on their performances against each other the last couple of seasons, Houston beats Golden State, Golden State beats LA, LA beats Houston. Who's the best team? The team with the best record and/or the team that makes it the furthest into the playoffs that season. Certain teams match up well to certain other teams, but that does not make that team necessarily better.

I don't just think the Rockets are the better team because they've owned Golden State the last two years. I think they're better because they have the better record, they're playing better basketball right now AND because they owned the Warriors the last two seasons.

Goose17
02-24-2014, 08:51 PM
The Southwest division is the toughest division in the league

The Grizz weren't relevant this season until recently when they went on that run.

Clippers and Phoenix this season = Spurs and Dallas.

With the Grizz playing like they are now, it's the tougher division at this specific moment.

Goose17
02-24-2014, 08:52 PM
I anticipated to immediately get this response. But you guys aren't taking things like record or matchup into account. Look at this this way.... Based on their performances against each other the last couple of seasons, Houston beats Golden State, Golden State beats LA, LA beats Houston. Who's the best team? The team with the best record and/or the team that makes it the furthest into the playoffs that season. Certain teams match up well to certain other teams, but that does not make that team necessarily better.

I don't just think the Rockets are the better team because they've owned Golden State the last two years. I think they're better because they have the better record, they're playing better basketball right now AND because they owned the Warriors the last two seasons.

I told you they would point to their record^

Denver did the exact same thing last year, Dallas did the same thing a few years back too as well.

Playoffs are a different game sugar lips.

houstonfan
02-24-2014, 08:53 PM
The Rockets have had every single player except Dwight miss games this year. Warriors arent the only team that has dealt with injuries.

Goose17
02-24-2014, 08:54 PM
The Rockets have had every single player except Dwight miss games this year. Warriors arent the only team that has dealt with injuries.

Exactly my point.

Goose17
02-24-2014, 08:56 PM
Can't wait for the post season to start. I'm super serial.

TrueFan420
02-24-2014, 08:57 PM
Klay is not remotely the player Parsons is, and I'm not sure you can provide any evidence whatsoever to prove otherwise. Parsons absolutely crushes Thompson in PER, TS%, WS/48 and any rebounding or passing statistic you could possibly mention. The only edge he has on Parsons is 0.9-point edge in PPG, but it takes him a pathetic 2.6 more FGA to achieve that slight edge, because he's an inefficient scoring wing. Parsons > Thompson, and it's not close or debatable.

Iggy you could actually make a case for, but I'm not quite sure how you go about doing so. Parsons has a clear edge offensively and efficiency wise, while Iggy has a clear edge defensively. But I'd be willing to go as far to say that Parsons has a bigger edge offensively on Iggy than Iggy has on Parsons defensively. Not only do all advanced stats back Parsons over Iguodala, but Parsons is the third best defensive player on the Rockets team. Whereas Iggy is, at best, the fourth best offensive player for Golden State.
He has about 2 more rebound and 1 more assist per game. I'd expect him as a sf to have more rebounds and as the rockets secondary ball handler in the starting line up and I get the one more assist. Both are extremely close. I don't put as much stock in advanced stats as others but I do value them. Believe Klay posted better numbers in more playoff games than parsons. So you can take that however you'd like.

As for Iggy, he is sacrificing his offensive numbers for our team. Any where else his numbers go up. So the difference you claim between his lower offense to parsons lower defense is moot. At least to me it is.

Either way my point stands parsons isn't far better than either and there's definitely a debate to be had. Even if I give you Klay you even admitted that iggy was debatable but you prefer parsons (no shocker there). You have bias it's fine we all do but you're a greater fool than I took you for if you're gonna claim them absolute.

lol, please
02-24-2014, 08:58 PM
A perfect example is the Warriors and Rockets sample size of 3 games. How ironic.

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 08:59 PM
I told you they would point to their record^

Denver did the exact same thing last year, Dallas did the same thing a few years back too as well.

Playoffs are a different game sugar lips.

Indeed they are. But we're not talking about the playoffs right now, sweet cheeks. We're talking about who the better team is RIGHT NOW. The only way to prove the better postseason team is to wait and see how those two teams perform in the postseason, but that's not really debatable right now. And before you pull out the inevitable "We beat Denverz! We R playoff Godz 'n U didn beat da Thunder!!!!" comment, let's remember that these are two completely different teams that will be playing very different teams this postseason. The Warriors didn't have Iggy, but did have Jack and Landry. The Rockets didn't have Dwight.

The playoff results could be the same or they could be different, but we won't know that for another few months. In the meantime, the Rockets are the better team. Better record. Better head-to-head record. I'm not sure how you can prove otherwise.

sunsfan88
02-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Can't wait for the post season to start. I'm super serial.

Whichever team makes it farthest out of the Warriors-Rockets gets bragging rights for all off season? :D

houstonfan
02-24-2014, 09:01 PM
Number of games Rockets starters have missed-35
Number of games Warriors starters have missed- 27

Can we stop with the injury excuse now?

lol, please
02-24-2014, 09:04 PM
Number of games Rockets starters have missed-35
Number of games Warriors starters have missed- 27

Can we stop with the injury excuse now?

It shouldn't be an excuse because every team deals with them, but if you want me to expose your flawed approach, how about we consider the amount of impact that was lost from each starter, and which games they were for, and when?

Goose17
02-24-2014, 09:05 PM
The fact is, Denver had a better record. We beat them. Dallas had a better record, we beat them.

The regular season doesn't count for anything.

Houston have clearly had a more successful regular season but that doesn't make them the better team. Just like I don't buy Indiana are better than Miami or that OKC are better than San Antonio or that Houston are better than the Clippers.

Sorry.

Goose17
02-24-2014, 09:06 PM
Whichever team makes it farthest out of the Warriors-Rockets gets bragging rights for all off season? :D

Lol. If only...

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 09:06 PM
He has about 2 more rebound and 1 more assist per game. I'd expect him as a sf to have more rebounds and as the rockets secondary ball handler in the starting line up and I get the one more assist. Both are extremely close. I don't put as much stock in advanced stats as others but I do value them. Believe Klay posted better numbers in more playoff games than parsons. So you can take that however you'd like.
I don't take a sample size of 6-12 playoff games from a year ago at all, really. That's way too small a sample size to judge them on. I can judge them as players this season, though, and Parsons is clearly better. Make all the excuses you want, but Parsons is a substantially better basketball player and all the stats back me up on this.

As for Iggy, he is sacrificing his offensive numbers for our team. Any where else his numbers go up. So the difference you claim between his lower offense to parsons lower defense is moot. At least to me it is.
Except Iggy hasn't put up solid, reliable No. 3 type numbers in like 4-5 years, despite playing for some pretty mediocre teams in Philly.

Either way my point stands parsons isn't far better than either and there's definitely a debate to be had. Even if I give you Klay you even admitted that iggy was debatable but you prefer parsons (no shocker there). You have bias it's fine we all do but you're a greater fool than I took you for if you're gonna claim them absolute.
No. Your point doesn't stand. You didn't back up a single point you just made with a number or point of relevance. Parsons' numbers are superior to both guys, and the only reason Iggy is debatable is because it's so much harder to judge a player's defensive impact compared to a player's offensive impact.

A perfect example is the Warriors and Rockets sample size of 3 games. How ironic.
We went over this already, sweetie. Try to keep up.

houstonfan
02-24-2014, 09:17 PM
It shouldn't be an excuse because every team deals with them, but if you want me to expose your flawed approach, how about we consider the amount of impact that was lost from each starter, and which games they were for, and when?

I completely agree with you. Every team has them. Harden has missed 8 games and the Rockets are 6-2 without him (Which coincidentally shows how much better our ball movement is without him). I just seem to see Warriors fans (not necessarily you) ALWAYS saying how much better they are with a full team. Maybe your injuries were more significant, maybe not. I obviously dont have the time to get into that. But I just hate seeing that excuse lol. I feel like Clippers fans, if anyone can make that excuse the most.

FOBolous
02-24-2014, 09:21 PM
The fact is, Denver had a better record. We beat them. Dallas had a better record, we beat them.

The regular season doesn't count for anything.

Houston have clearly had a more successful regular season but that doesn't make them the better team. Just like I don't buy Indiana are better than Miami or that OKC are better than San Antonio or that Houston are better than the Clippers.

Sorry.

fact is....Denver has a history of choking. and fact is...OKC without Westbrook is still the best team in the West. fact is...the Warriors are a borderline playoff team who might not even make the playoffs. and fact is...the Warriors fan base on PSD are the most insecure fan base on PSD. sorry.

PS....i just love LOVE how Warriors fans keep saying the regular season means nothing when Houston fans point out that Houston has the Warriors' numbers but they use the regular season as prove that they're supposedly as good as the Clippers :rolleyes: just how insecure and delusional are you guys?

houstonfan
02-24-2014, 09:36 PM
fact is....Denver has a history of choking. and fact is...OKC without Westbrook is still the best team in the West. fact is...the Warriors are a borderline playoff team who might not even make the playoffs. and fact is...the Warriors fan base on PSD are the most insecure fan base on PSD. sorry.

PS....i just love LOVE how Warriors fans keep saying the regular season means nothing when Houston fans point out that Houston has the Warriors' numbers but they use the regular season as prove that they're supposedly as good as the Clippers :rolleyes: just how insecure and delusional are you guys?

Bro, you are a Rockets fan so I would normally side with you.... But can we try to use a different word than insecure? You have said that about 100 times this thread

FOBolous
02-24-2014, 09:48 PM
Bro, you are a Rockets fan so I would normally side with you.... But can we try to use a different word than insecure? You have said that about 100 times this thread

alright. i'll use different words next time...like unsure, uncomfortable with, unconfindent, and unassured :)

moshy2
02-24-2014, 09:49 PM
I think the respective fan bases, at least within the PSD population, have shown how obnoxious they are about their and their rival's team in this thread. I think that's answered the question. Well...it's probably not the best if we're looking at any period of time outside of the last year-or-so...but right now? Maybe. The obsession the fans here have for the other team is pretty impressive.

Best post in this thread and nobody acknowledged it. The one thing I think most can agree with is both fan bases have done a good job of embarrassing themselves in this thread

houstonfan
02-24-2014, 10:16 PM
alright. i'll use different words next time...like unsure, uncomfortable with, unconfindent, and unassured :)

haha there we go!

Guppyfighter
02-24-2014, 10:19 PM
I thought the Rockets would be better than us this year, but the Warriors are fifth in the SRS and have the better differential.

So, I was wrong about our rival being better.

lol, please
02-24-2014, 10:26 PM
I thought the Rockets would be better than us this year, but the Warriors are fifth in the SRS and have the better differential.

So, I was wrong about our rival being better.well said. :laugh2:

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 10:29 PM

So, I was wrong about our rival being better.

SRS and point differential mean jack ****. The Rockets have the better record and head-to-head record. You can go ahead and use whatever bogus barometers you want to prove your point, but the Rockets will have the higher seed and are more likely to advance further in the playoffs than the Warriors. Period.

Guppyfighter
02-24-2014, 10:31 PM
SRS and point differential mean jack ****. The Rockets have the better record and head-to-head record. You can go ahead and use whatever bogus barometers you want to prove your point, but the Rockets will have the higher seed and are more likely to advance further in the playoffs than the Warriors. Period.

SRS and point differential are both a better predictor of future success than record, including playoffs.

Ask the Mavs about that when they played the seventh seeded Spurs.

lol, please
02-24-2014, 10:31 PM
I don't think it's fair to say the Rockets will most likely go farther in the playoffs. Based on what?

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 10:33 PM
well said. :laugh2:

Do you have any opinion of your own, or do you just agree with everything any Warrior fan? Seriously. It's obnoxious. Have an original thought for a change and use your brain.

Guppyfighter
02-24-2014, 10:33 PM
Probably because as the higher seed they will get an easier matchup then us.

Still, we are better metric wise and that's all I care about. We can do serious damage in the playoffs.

I am an ardent supporter of the Rockets team so it's definitely not just me hating. I am just going off what I know to be true. How many points you score vs how many points you give up on average is the best way to predict how good a team is. Rockets are likely overperforming their pythag, but that's just because they underperformed it last year and it was vice versa for us.

Rockets are a contender, but so are we.

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 10:40 PM
SRS and point differential are both a better predictor of future success than record, including playoffs.

Ask the Mavs about that when they played the seventh seeded Spurs.

But what point differential and SRS don't take into consideration is recent play, and the Rockets are the hottest team in the league since the first of the year. By the end of the season, they'll likely overtake Golden State in both SRS and differential. And even if they don't, Golden State's edge is minimal at best, whereas the Rockets have a substantial edge in record and head-to-head matchups as of late.

Guppyfighter
02-24-2014, 10:42 PM
But what point differential and SRS don't take into consideration is recent play, and the Rockets are the hottest team in the league since the first of the year. By the end of the season, they'll likely overtake Golden State in both SRS and differential. And even if they don't, Golden State's edge is minimal at best, whereas the Rockets have a substantial edge in record and head-to-head matchups as of late.

I disagree with that completely. Rockets have been much healthier all year and we have an easier remaining schedule. I find it highly unlikely the Rockets will surpass us in either.

And using the aggregate is always better than using a smaller sample so I find the recent play comment not really something substantial. Especially since we have been playing without both our big men recently.

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 10:44 PM
Probably because as the higher seed they will get an easier matchup then us.

Still, we are better metric wise and that's all I care about. We can do serious damage in the playoffs.

I am an ardent supporter of the Rockets team so it's definitely not just me hating. I am just going off what I know to be true. How many points you score vs how many points you give up on average is the best way to predict how good a team is. Rockets are likely overperforming their pythag, but that's just because they underperformed it last year and it was vice versa for us.

Rockets are a contender, but so are we.

That's the key word: predict. But I'd much rather have a better record and a higher playoff seed than a higher SRS, especially if that edge in SRS is as small as the edge between Golden State and Houston. If you can honestly say you'd rather be a 6-8 seed than a 2-4 seed, that's insane. Bottom line, the Rockets have played better basketball this season, and they'll be rewarded at the better season with a higher seed and an easier first-round matchup and path to the playoffs than the Warriors. Period.

Guppyfighter
02-24-2014, 10:46 PM
That's the key word: predict. But I'd much rather have a better record and a higher playoff seed than a higher SRS, especially if that edge in SRS is as small as the edge between Golden State and Houston. If you can honestly say you'd rather be a 6-8 seed than a 2-4 seed, that's insane. Bottom line, the Rockets have played better basketball this season, and they'll be rewarded at the better season with a higher seed and an easier first-round matchup and path to the playoffs than the Warriors. Period.

I'd rather be the better team regardless of record. And that's true for playoffs. Teams with the better SRS typically win their playoff series, regardless of seed.

Still, you aren't wrong when you say the easier path matters. We will likely face the Clippers in the first round, and they do have a better team while you guys will likely face the Blazers and you guys are a better team then them.

But this is semantics, but we are playing better basketball. We have the better differential.

lol, please
02-24-2014, 10:51 PM
The warriors are built to win 7 game stretches, I don't see why if the rockets seed higher it's so enormous of an advantage.

randyorton33
02-24-2014, 10:56 PM
Warriors- Clippers !

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 11:02 PM
I disagree with that completely. Rockets have been much healthier all year and we have an easier remaining schedule. I find it highly unlikely the Rockets will surpass us in either.
I love how everyone is willing to totally overlook Houston's injury issues. Beverley missed 18 games, Harden missed 8, Parsons and Jones missed 7 and Asik has missed more than half the season. And before anyone discounts those injuries, I'd like to note that Harden and Parsons played with injuries through like the first half of the season and Beverley is arguably the fourth most important Rocket on the team. It's not a coincidence that Houston has won 11 of 14 since he's come back from injuries.

And using the aggregate is always better than using a smaller sample so I find the recent play comment not really something substantial. Especially since we have been playing without both our big men recently.
Lee's missed like four games the entire season. That's not much of an excuse. Also, I don't think Golden State fans can use Bogut's injuries as an excuse for why they haven't been better. Bogut hasn't played 60 games in a season in three years and hasn't played 70 games in a season since 08. If you expect Bogut to give you a mostly healthy season, you're being totally naive. If anything, Golden State's lucky to have gotten this many games out of him. He didn't play 48 games in the last two seasons combined.

Guppyfighter
02-24-2014, 11:04 PM
I love how everyone is willing to totally overlook Houston's injury issues. Beverley missed 18 games, Harden missed 8, Parsons and Jones missed 7 and Asik has missed more than half the season. And before anyone discounts those injuries, I'd like to note that Harden and Parsons played with injuries through like the first half of the season and Beverley is arguably the fourth most important Rocket on the team. It's not a coincidence that Houston has won 11 of 14 since he's come back from injuries.

Lee's missed like four games the entire season. That's not much of an excuse. Also, I don't think Golden State fans can use Bogut's injuries as an excuse for why they haven't been better. Bogut hasn't played 60 games in a season in three years and hasn't played 70 games in a season since 08. If you expect Bogut to give you a mostly healthy season, you're being totally naive. If anything, Golden State's lucky to have gotten this many games out of him. He didn't play 48 games in the last two seasons combined.

I am not using injuries as an excuse. I am saying we've missed the third most games this year due to injury and we are still fifth in the SRS. And you haven't paid close attention to the injuries Bogut has had in the past. Bogut has had freak accidents. Those don't trend. I expected Bogut to be healthy this year and he has been.

Our guys are resting to be prepared for the playoffs. When it matters. I have zero doubt, barring a freak accident that we will have our entire starting five ready to go come playoff time.

In which case, I think we are more like a +5.3 differential team.

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 11:06 PM
But this is semantics, but we are playing better basketball. We have the better differential.

Really? Because their record isn't better, and they haven't won more games. Until you play in the postseason, you are your record, and right now the Rockets are the better basketball team. Say what you will, but just because SRS is generally a better indicator of postseason performance does not make it the end all, be all barometer of who is the better basketball team.

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 11:10 PM
I am not using injuries as an excuse. I am saying we've missed the third most games this year due to injury and we are still fifth in the SRS. And you haven't paid close attention to the injuries Bogut has had in the past. Bogut has had freak accidents. Those don't trend. I expected Bogut to be healthy this year and he has been.

Our guys are resting to be prepared for the playoffs. When it matters. I have zero doubt, barring a freak accident that we will have our entire starting five ready to go come playoff time.

In which case, I think we are more like a +5.3 differential team.

I often hear excuses made for Bogut's injuries, but I'll buy those excuses when he stops having injuries. Are the injuries he's had this season "freak injuries?" And if so, when do "freak injuries" start making someone considered injury prone? Is he granted half a dozen more before Warriors will accept that the guy just gets hurt a lot? Or will they defend him until he's in his mid-30s, playing 30-40 games a season and talking about how the Warriors are the best team in the league "when healthy?"

Guppyfighter
02-24-2014, 11:16 PM
Missing a few games is not a big deal. LIkely would have played those games in the playoffs.

Monta is beast
02-24-2014, 11:20 PM
Wartiors are hitying there stride right now. If we play houston in the playoffs we have bogut, oneal, and ezeli to deal with howard. Iguodala and thompson can man up harden. Houston has no answer for lee.

Monta is beast
02-24-2014, 11:21 PM
Can we just close this thread and reopen it if we play in the playoffs..pointless thread.

mightybosstone
02-24-2014, 11:21 PM
I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree on several things, then. We'll see who the truly better team is come playoff time, and we'll see how healthy Bogut is over the remainder of his career. If he makes it to 800 games, I'll be shocked.