PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Voting: Babe Ruth Division - PLEASE READ BEFORE VOTING

Melo15
02-22-2014, 02:23 PM
Since we had so many teams get disqualified we had to rearrange the divisions for voting purposes. Only those that are not in this division can vote. IF YOUR TEAM IS IN THIS DIVISION YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO VOTE.

Only vote for 1 team

The Babe Ruth Division:

Michigan Silverhawks (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?851839-Team-Clubhouses&p=27836985#post27836985)
San Diego Whales (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?851839-Team-Clubhouses&p=27878624#post27878624)
Queens BlindSquirrels (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?851839-Team-Clubhouses&p=27880153#post27880153)
Utah Red Hawks (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?851839-Team-Clubhouses&p=27837480#post27837480)
Cicero Capone's (http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/showthread.php?851839-Team-Clubhouses&p=27835904#post27835904)

Melo15
02-22-2014, 04:38 PM
Damn this is a really strong division. I could realistically see 4 out of the 5 teams possibly winning it. The difference for me was the balance between Michigan's pitching and their offense. I love their rotation and think their offense is good enough to give them some run support. Cicero's lineup is absolutely ridiculous I just have too many questions about their rotation. Queens is extremely talented as well. In a scenario where each starter develops the way they should their rotation has the potential to be lethal. I just have a hard time trusting Salazar, Cingrani, Ross, and Paxton to all hold up over the course of an entire season when most of them have never thrown over 160+ innings at any point in their career. I realize that's a subjective argument that I can't prove one way or another and again, the potential is through the roof, I just can't bank on all of them staying durable and effective throughout the whole season. Queens and Cicero could very well win the WC spots.

I really like Utah too, they're just in a stacked division. The lineup has the potential to put up some runs I just wish there were a few guys with high OBP to put around pieces like Jones, Upton and Abreu. It likely would be a very potent offense I just don't think it matches up with Cicero or Queens and that's not an insult in anyway, it's just a compliment to those teams. The rotation also has potential to be quite good I just don't like the bullpen. There's too many risks there for me. It's really hard to believe in Feliz staying healthy for a whole year and I worry about Soria's walk rate and limited innings since 2011. I think he can still be a very good reliever I just worry about his workload over the course of a season especially if he were to have to fill in for Feliz. I do like Rodriguez though and I think Storen is a nice bounce back candidate.

Again, this is a damn good division. It was really hard to pick and even now I'm still second guessing my decision. Really nice job by the GM's in this division and I wouldn't be surprised to see the wild card teams come out of here as well.

j-bay
02-22-2014, 04:42 PM
Like Melo said this was tough.

YoungStuna
02-22-2014, 06:39 PM
Wish the poll was public. lol

Alright I'll tell you guys why I think I should win. I think my lineup is absolutely ridiculous. There is no hole in my lineup, I stack all my OBP guys like Carpenter, Freeman, and Wright at the top so they get on base in front of my power hitters(Rasmus, Gomez, Byrd, Granderson, Gomes) and maximize my runs.

On my bench, I have Venable who mashes RHP and could platoon with Byrd who mashes LHP at DH. I have Mercer on my bench who tears up LHP and could spare Miller here and there at SS.

My outfield defense of Rasmus, Gomez, and Granderson is elite and will save my pitching staff of many runs. If anyone got hurt, I could play Byrd or Venable out there and not miss a beat.

My rotation -- while young -- is extremely talented. Salazar is filthy and misses so many bats. I think he could have a Matt Harvey-type break out in 2014. Cingrani misses a ton of bats as well from the left side, and both guys are FB guys who should benefit from my defense when they aren't striking everyone out.

Playing in Wrigley, I understand that grounders are important too, so I have reliable Chacin in the middle of my rotation who is excellent outside of Coors as his WAR shows. Ross and Paxton have great upside, are GB guys, and throw hard as well as they compete with each other for that 4th spot in the playoff rotation. Control is not an issue for my starters.

My bullpen has the potential to be elite and has reliability as well. The backend of my pen with Jansen, Rodney, and Cotts is pretty great and I also have one of the best long men in the league in Craig Stammen who soaks up innings when my starters come out early. For the most part, my pen gets grounders and keeps the ball in the park while striking out their share. Will Smith is probably the most dominant LOOGY out there as he completely shuts down LHB.

Melo15
02-22-2014, 09:39 PM
Wish the poll was public. lol

Yeah, that's my bad. I forgot to click the option to make votes public for this division and couldn't figure out how to fix it. I PM'd DaSox about it so hopefully he knows how and can change it when he gets a chance. That's my bad though fellas.

Green_Monster
02-22-2014, 09:51 PM
I have to go with Michigan on this one. Like Melo mentioned, they have great balance between their hitting and pitching. Queens was a close 2nd, but I don't trust their rotation. Only having 1 guy that topped 100 innings probably isn't a good idea. Cicero was really good too.

YoungStuna
02-23-2014, 12:05 AM
This is my first redraft so I wasn't sure how this whole process worked. I probably would have put more emphasis on reliable starting pitchers if I knew it would knock me down, but young pitching seems to be taking the league by storm now. I don't see why they wouldn't be able to accumulate innings in 2014, and old pitchers get hurt too.

I just want to add: Cingrani pitched 146 IP in 2012, and while he spent time in the pen in 2013, he still accumulated 135 IP. Salazar has no innings limits in 2014. Both guys had sick minor league numbers with great MLB success as well.

Chacin is a quality innings eater(4+ WAR in 200 IP). Ross and Paxton are GB guys with great stuff and K ability.

With the amount of talent I have in my lineup, I think this rotation is just fine. My pen is a strength.