PDA

View Full Version : I think the Raptors are trying to bring VC back..

ThuglifeJ
02-21-2014, 07:01 PM
Okay so first they posted this video, immediately after the Dallas @ Toronto game a little while back, and aired it on their local channel. (all while at the same time hyping it throughout the game on Raptors broadcast).. Which basically throws the creepy GM they had at the time under the bus for it being his fault Vince left, and makes you miss Vince..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2G2L0WZPM-Q

Then today, out of nowhere, they post this video interviewing Vince and Tmac about early days in Toronto, getting all warm and stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYyf58Ijlb8

I personally I think it'd be cool..pretty cool to see him have a few big games with them..plus he'd be one of their best players. But he is getting very old (37), even though he's aging great.
Still could be a great mentor for Derozan and Ross.

Jamiecballer
02-21-2014, 07:06 PM
no, they are trying to land Durant or James and are cleaning up the stain on the organization first

ThuglifeJ
02-21-2014, 07:17 PM
I dont think landing Durant or Lebron is very practical and the Raptors organization knows this.

Durant there's a VERY SMALL chance, Lebron there's zero.

Plus I don't think the VC fiasco would really stop someone from playing in Toronto if they really wanted to. They have all new GM and coach now, so it shouldn't matter much. I don't think anyone would not want to play for LA because of the Shaq thing? Or because they boo Dwight hardcore

Jamiecballer
02-21-2014, 07:24 PM
I dont think landing Durant or Lebron is very practical and the Raptors organization knows this.

Plus I don't think the VC fiasco would really stop someone from playing in Toronto if they really wanted to. They have all new GM and coach now, so it shouldn't matter much. I don't think anyone would not want to play for LA because of the Shaq thing? Or because they boo Dwight hardcore

i think you are missing the point. why would they want to when the Raptors have basically turned their back on the only superstar they ever had? superstar players care about their legacy and being remembered/adored.

it would be that enormous elephant in the room for any free agent considering signing.

Jays Claw
02-21-2014, 07:38 PM
Bringing him back might be a stretch... but it would be awesome if they did. A real feel good story.

R. Johnson#3
02-21-2014, 11:26 PM
I just don't buy it, but I really want to. He was such a suck on his way out. The whole "I don't wanna dunk no mo" thing showed his true colours. If he cared about the fans so much, why would he take away the thing that every fan wanted to see?

Sadds The Gr8
02-22-2014, 12:06 AM
hopefully they dont

jon32
02-22-2014, 12:31 AM
Hopefully the do . To hate him as much as they have must mean they loved the guy to death.......those early years were some of the best sports moments in the entire country. Get on even terms....bring him back, and let him help the team even after he retires.

ghettosean
02-22-2014, 12:38 AM
hopefully they dont

+1

ghettosean
02-22-2014, 12:45 AM

i think you are missing the point. why would they want to when the Raptors have basically turned their back on the only superstar they ever had? superstar players care about their legacy and being remembered/adored.

it would be that enormous elephant in the room for any free agent considering signing.

You act as if the fans turned their back on him first :rolleyes: Vince kicked and whined his way out because he couldn't run the organization after Grunwald left which is completely understandable in so many ways... Then after he left he said he wasn't trying when he was here nationally for all to see and hear and you're saying WE turned our backs on him. Come on bro seriously!

c.c.
02-22-2014, 01:02 AM
He should of stayed a Raptor from the beginning. His career hasn't been much but a semi-journey man since. He could of stayed a Raptor, lead them in every category there is and retired as the greatest Raptor of all time by landslide.

BranWingss
02-22-2014, 02:43 AM
He should of stayed a Raptor from the beginning. His career hasn't been much but a semi-journey man since. He could of stayed a Raptor, lead them in every category there is and retired as the greatest Raptor of all time by landslide.

He had some great years with the Nets post-trade. The first two really stick out.

smith&wesson
02-22-2014, 03:55 AM
still a productive players. emotions aside and separated there is no doubt he could help our bench for sure.

randyorton33
02-22-2014, 05:35 AM
Okay Vince's longevity is so underrated. If he were to come back this off-season it would be so epic, what a way to end his career. I am hoping they somehow land Durant, he could start his own legacy but I doubt he leaves OKC. This talk of KD going to Houston is just silly hahaha

ThuglifeJ
02-22-2014, 06:37 AM

I agree..but he still is the greatest raptor by quite a bit.

ThuglifeJ
02-22-2014, 06:46 AM
I just don't buy it, but I really want to. He was such a suck on his way out. The whole "I don't wanna dunk no mo" thing showed his true colours. If he cared about the fans so much, why would he take away the thing that every fan wanted to see?

He didn't like bein known as a dunker. So he was self conscious about it. Not a huge deal imo

ThuglifeJ
02-22-2014, 07:06 AM
Hopefully the do . To hate him as much as they have must mean they loved the guy to death.......those early years were some of the best sports moments in the entire country. Get on even terms....bring him back, and let him help the team even after he retires.

+1

BALLER R
02-22-2014, 12:57 PM
Needs to have his Jersey retired

mjt20mik
02-22-2014, 03:03 PM
He needs his Jersey retired here. Hopefully we can sign him for the Vets min next year. Wouldn't mind having him on this team.

Jamiecballer
02-22-2014, 03:09 PM
You act as if the fans turned their back on him first :rolleyes: Vince kicked and whined his way out because he couldn't run the organization after Grunwald left which is completely understandable in so many ways... Then after he left he said he wasn't trying when he was here nationally for all to see and hear and you're saying WE turned our backs on him. Come on bro seriously!

no, that's not what i'm saying. he made some mistakes as a young man but he's grown up and always taken the high road when asked about Toronto. Raptor fans have not.

it's absolutely embarrassing to see people booing him every time he touches the basketball a bloody decade later. and no superstar is going to want to play for fans that hold a ridiculous grudge for such a long time.

like i said, superstars care about how they will be remembered. it's fine to be upset and disappointed when things end up the way they did, but to basically pretend that great period didn't even exist is being mean, particularly when the individual in question has been taking the high road for so long.

Jamiecballer
02-22-2014, 03:12 PM
He didn't like bein known as a dunker. So he was self conscious about it. Not a huge deal imo

that's my thought too. he was supremely talented and you can see his point if you talk about Vince in the Raptors forum. there are some there who have convinced themselves that Vince was just a showman.

bbcmillionaire
02-22-2014, 03:52 PM
Coach carter and assistant coach macgrady

Sadds The Gr8
02-22-2014, 06:55 PM
no, that's not what i'm saying. he made some mistakes as a young man but he's grown up and always taken the high road when asked about Toronto. Raptor fans have not.
of course he has. He's old now and knows he's at the end of the road, and like u said, he wants to be remembered, so he's kissing *** and trying to make up so he can get his jersey retired and welcomed back with open arms. the mistakes he made were ****in embarrassing. sorry but quitting on a team is unforgivable to me. he ****ed with the fans and organization. even if he was pissed at the organization, fine, go ahead, but the dick things he did were ridiculous.

it's absolutely embarrassing to see people booing him every time he touches the basketball a bloody decade later. and no superstar is going to want to play for fans that hold a ridiculous grudge for such a long time.
only Carter apologists think that. nobody thinks Cavs fans are ridiculous for booing LBJ, hell even Laker fans booed Shaq and he won 3 titles there, nobody thought that was ridiculous. a ridiculous grudge would be something like booing Rudy Gay because he played like trash (that would be undeserved because he actually tried when he was in TO)

like i said, superstars care about how they will be remembered. it's fine to be upset and disappointed when things end up the way they did, but to basically pretend that great period didn't even exist is being mean, particularly when the individual in question has been taking the high road for so long.

nobody forgets what he did here, it's just his dumbass actions supersede it.

if people wanna forgive him, fine, but to ridicule people for hating what he did and not forgiving him is just ****in stupid IMO. let people do what they wanna do.

Jamiecballer
02-22-2014, 10:52 PM
of course he has. He's old now and knows he's at the end of the road, and like u said, he wants to be remembered, so he's kissing *** and trying to make up so he can get his jersey retired and welcomed back with open arms.

not only is that factually not true (he's always taken the high road, right from the beginning) but it's also completely unsubstantiated conjecture.

Sadds The Gr8
02-22-2014, 11:16 PM
not only is that factually not true (he's always taken the high road, right from the beginning) but it's also completely unsubstantiated conjecture.

I don't remember him taking the high road right away. It was around the time he was in ORL that I remember him doing that.

Regardless, I still won't forgive what he did. If people do, fine it's their prerogative, but don't be mad if people aren't willing to forgive a quitter

Sly Guy
02-22-2014, 11:19 PM
I don't remember him taking the high road right away. It was around the time he was in ORL that I remember him doing that.

Regardless, I still won't forgive what he did. If people do, fine it's their prerogative, but don't be mad if people aren't willing to forgive a quitter

you're right, he didn't take the 'high road' right away. it was after the trade to NJ did he openly admit to 'not trying'

Jamiecballer
02-22-2014, 11:47 PM
you're right, he didn't take the 'high road' right away. it was after the trade to NJ did he openly admit to 'not trying'

what does that have to do with taking the high road? i'm saying even after the hostile reactions started he had nothing but pleasant things to say about the city and his time here, and continues to this day.

bucketss
02-23-2014, 01:14 AM

seems like he didn't feel the same way in nj though hmm.

Cal827
02-23-2014, 02:48 AM
only Carter apologists think that. nobody thinks Cavs fans are ridiculous for booing LBJ, hell even Laker fans booed Shaq and he won 3 titles there, nobody thought that was ridiculous. a ridiculous grudge would be something like booing Rudy Gay because he played like trash (that would be undeserved because he actually tried when he was in TO)

The sad part is, that I wouldn't be surprised if this happens. Although he annoyed a ton of us, there's no doubt that he was trying to benefit the team, just nothing seemed to work. It's great to see how well he's playing in Sacramento (the system of having a serious interior scorer seems to be his best system), but many fans will take that as he gave up here.

b@llhog24
02-23-2014, 04:17 AM
Why? He's not good anymore.

b@llhog24
02-23-2014, 04:18 AM
I swear I'll never understand how TOR fans hate Vince so much.