PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats discussing contract buyout for Ben Gordon

leprechaun5
02-21-2014, 04:27 PM
Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Charlotte is engaged in contract buyout discussions with Ben Gordon, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

Adrian Wojnarowski ‏@WojYahooNBA
Yahoo Sources: Charlotte, Ben Gordon progressing on a contract buyout. http://yhoo.it/1fG2RCN

Who will claim him ?

NYKnickFanatic
02-21-2014, 04:28 PM
Miami.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Miami is not claiming him, he can't shoot. The Heat will be looking for either interior depth or outside shooting

I don't know who will pick him up. He has been awful in the games he has played this season.

Jays Claw
02-21-2014, 04:34 PM
Man... BG has really fallen off over the years.

I remember when he was a scoring threat in Chi-Town. That CHI-BOS playoff series was probably when he was at his best.

beasted86
02-21-2014, 04:34 PM
We could use him on the HEAT for the games Wade is out.

koreancabbage
02-21-2014, 04:37 PM

don't need him in the regular season. Miami needs shooting and interior depth in the playoffs

beasted86
02-21-2014, 04:37 PM
Miami is not claiming him, he can't shoot. The Heat will be looking for either interior depth or outside shooting

I don't know who will pick him up. He has been awful in the games he has played this season.

I wouldn't call him a rich man's Roger Mason... but maybe he's just as poor but drives a 2nd hand Audi.

Blink
02-21-2014, 04:44 PM
BG sucks.

Go Joe Dumars!

Hawkeye15
02-21-2014, 04:44 PM
I wouldn't call him a rich man's Roger Mason... but maybe he's just as poor but drives a 2nd hand Audi.

do you really want a 29% three point shooter who can't guard anyone anymore? You are better off waiting on Granger to be released.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Man... BG has really fallen off over the years.

I remember when he was a scoring threat in Chi-Town. That CHI-BOS playoff series was probably when he was at his best.

seems like 10 years ago haha. It was the series that gave him that stupid contract

leprechaun5
02-21-2014, 04:45 PM
His defense is atrocious and he can't shot lately as pointed by others here.

I don't see any contending team outside of maybe OKC looking to claim him .

MTar786
02-21-2014, 04:46 PM

what about ray allen? heat fans are so spoiled lol. its like.. hmm.. i guess we could use ben gordon when wade or allen is out.. maybe we should just get gasol.. hmm.. iduno.. gasol would be decent for us to ue 10-15mpg when bosh is tired.. then again.. what about when lebron battier and beasley are tired?? we should get paul george just incase these guys are tired.

then comes the best part. when heat win.WOW lebron is the best!! he did it all on his own.. everyone on the heat roster sucks!!

*29 other nba fan bases start rolling their eyes*

Hawkeye15
02-21-2014, 05:01 PM
what about ray allen? heat fans are so spoiled lol. its like.. hmm.. i guess we could use ben gordon when wade or allen is out.. maybe we should just get gasol.. hmm.. iduno.. gasol would be decent for us to ue 10-15mpg when bosh is tired.. then again.. what about when lebron battier and beasley are tired?? we should get paul george just incase these guys are tired.

then comes the best part. when heat win.WOW lebron is the best!! he did it all on his own.. everyone on the heat roster sucks!!

totally, cause adding a bricklaying, defenseless guard to the roster just helps destroy every other team, right?

I still laugh at the notion that LeBron has this superteam. It arguably was in year 1, and then Wade got old. Wade is on pace to miss 20 games, Allen is shooting a career low from three, their bigs outside Bosh are whatever, etc. It's basically LeBron, Bosh is very good still, Wade is good once every 3 games, and a bench that can stretch the floor. Very good team. Superteam? Get the **** out of here

SeoulBeatz
02-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Man I didn't realize Ben Gordon was having such a terrible year.

Granted he has been extremely streaky throughout his career and is shooting an abysmal 29% from 3pt this season.

But to those calling him a non-shooter, in his 10 year career he's only shot below 38% from 3pt TWICE and is a +40% 3pt shooter for his career.

His overall FG% has always been shaky but that's what you get with an undersized scoring guard.

I refuse to believe the guy is incapable of shooting based on one terrible season with the friggin Bobcats.

I think on a legitimately good team he could still have a role, whether it be a couple threes off the bench on a contender like Miami or elsewhere.

sixers247
02-21-2014, 05:06 PM
totally, cause adding a bricklaying, defenseless guard to the roster just helps destroy every other team, right?

I still laugh at the notion that LeBron has this superteam. It arguably was in year 1, and then Wade got old. Wade is on pace to miss 20 games, Allen is shooting a career low from three, their bigs outside Bosh are whatever, etc. It's basically LeBron, Bosh is very good still, Wade is good once every 3 games, and a bench
that can stretch the floor. Very good team. Superteam? Get the **** out of here

:clap:

Hawkeye15
02-21-2014, 05:07 PM
Man I didn't realize Ben Gordon was having such a terrible year.

Granted he has been extremely streaky throughout his career and is shooting an abysmal 29% from 3pt this season.

But to those calling him a non-shooter, in his 10 year career he's only shot below 38% from 3pt TWICE and is a +40% 3pt shooter for his career.

His overall FG% has always been shaky but that's what you get with an undersized scoring guard.

I refuse to believe the guy is incapable of shooting based on one terrible season with the friggin Bobcats.

I think on a legitimately good team he could still have a role, whether it be a couple threes off the bench on a contender like Miami or elsewhere.

he has been so bad, we can't expect him to just flip the switch for 28 games and playoffs though, especially on a team where he will never see minutes.

mightybosstone
02-21-2014, 05:13 PM
I just can't see any contender picking up Gordon. It would be one thing if a team was really, really desperate for guard depth early in the season and adding Gordon would be a low-risk move in case he happens to revert back to his more productive years. But teams are looking to add someone of value this time of the year, and there are just better guys available. If you wanted a wing, Granger is a superior player to Gordon in pretty much every way, and he's younger.

I'll have fond memories of Gordon, but I think his career is pretty much over unless he just wants to catch one last paycheck for a cellar dweller next season. But his glory days with the Bulls, his collegiate play in UConn and that ridiculous Bulls-Celtics series were damn solid high points for an NBA player's career.

IgglesFanInCO
02-21-2014, 05:19 PM

I still laugh at the notion that LeBron has this superteam. It arguably was in year 1, and then Wade got old. Wade is on pace to miss 20 games, Allen is shooting a career low from three, their bigs outside Bosh are whatever, etc. It's basically LeBron, Bosh is very good still, Wade is good once every 3 games, and a bench that can stretch the floor. Very good team. Superteam? Get the **** out of here

This. Compared to OKC and Indy the heat really dont have some super phenomenal supporting cast. If they win another title this year it will be because Lebron is the best player around.

Stunner
02-21-2014, 05:23 PM
Back to Chicago , he's stated he regretted leaving and would come back if they want him . Not concern with money just wants to win . Bulls need a lil more scoring off the bench this year plus it would give us a Chance to see if he's worth a spot next year . Bulls will sign another player whoever it is because we need 13 .

Shammyguy3
02-21-2014, 05:51 PM
do you really want a 29% three point shooter who can't guard anyone anymore? You are better off waiting on Granger to be released.

Only 28 threes taken this year, extremely small sample size. Ben Gordon indeed sucks, but to say he's a 29% three point shooter when he shot 39% on 292 attempts last year seems a little off

Back to Chicago , he's stated he regretted leaving and would come back if they want him . Not concern with money just wants to win . Bulls need a lil more scoring off the bench this year plus it would give us a Chance to see if he's worth a spot next year . Bulls will sign another player whoever it is because we need 13 .

Gross

Hawkeye15
02-21-2014, 05:55 PM
This. Compared to OKC and Indy the heat really dont have some super phenomenal supporting cast. If they win another title this year it will be because Lebron is the best player around.

Bosh or Wade also needs to play well, as do their shooters. But yeah, the notion that LeBron is Magic with the 83' Lakers, or Bird with the 86' Celtics is ridiculous to me.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2014, 05:56 PM
Only 28 threes taken this year, extremely small sample size. Ben Gordon indeed sucks, but to say he's a 29% three point shooter when he shot 39% on 292 attempts last year seems a little off

Gross

you are what you are unfortunately. He isn't a bad shooter lifetime, but he is this year.

randyorton33
02-21-2014, 05:59 PM
If he goes to Miami AND Granger goes to Miami? OMG..

Wade n Fade
02-21-2014, 06:43 PM
If he goes to Miami AND Granger goes to Miami? OMG..

Not going to happen lol. We don't need two g/fs in Miami. If anything, it will be a 3 and 5 via buyouts, but I think we can win with what we have. Andersen's energy level is going up too, which makes me happy about our situation with our bigs. I don't care about being near the bottom in rebounding.

MyDRoseLikeDeng
02-21-2014, 07:42 PM

Wait, Ben Gordon CANT shoot? Thats all he could do his entire career smdh

black1605
02-21-2014, 07:46 PM
I'm was never a Gordon fan at all, but to judge him on this season is silly. He's been an emergency player. Last year when he got more regular playing time, he still shot a respectable percentage from three. He still has some value in the NBA.

beasted86
02-21-2014, 08:40 PM

I have no clue what you are talking about, dude.

All I said was he is a guy the HEAT could play. At one point Roger Mason was getting some of those starts... but now that I think about it, Ben Gordon isn't needed since I forgot we have Toney Douglas. He is also inefficient but is a waaay better defender.

As far as LeBron, he is the best... but nobody can win championships by themselves. I am a HEAT fan, not a LeBron fan. As long as the HEAT keep winning championships, I'll let you birds squawk-a-doodle around about who the top 10 players all time are. If everything keeps going as planned, Miami will be a top 4 team in franchise championships, and I've been alive to witness them all. I'm just fine with that.

Hawkeye15
02-21-2014, 10:43 PM
Wait, Ben Gordon CANT shoot? Thats all he could do his entire career smdh

how is that working out for him this year?

Hawkeye15
02-21-2014, 10:43 PM
I'm was never a Gordon fan at all, but to judge him on this season is silly. He's been an emergency player. Last year when he got more regular playing time, he still shot a respectable percentage from three. He still has some value in the NBA.

and he will get regular playing time behind Wade, Allen, and co?

kobe4thewinbang
02-22-2014, 01:00 AM
Why did Charlotte want him in the first place? Hasn't he been declining for years now?

black1605
02-22-2014, 01:29 AM
and he will get regular playing time behind Wade, Allen, and co?

I'm not commenting on him going to the Heat at all.

Why did Charlotte want him in the first place? Hasn't he been declining for years now?

We got him and a first round pick from Detroit (top 8 protected this year) for Maggette, who had one year less on his deal.

KniCks4LiFe
02-22-2014, 02:19 AM
he's had a really bad year.

I'd say the NY teams or OKC for the bench.