PDA

View Full Version : Are you Surprised the Heat didn't trade Udonis Haslem?

xabial
02-21-2014, 02:23 PM
He has fallen completely out of the rotation receiving regular DNP's and has yet to play a game in February.

Haslem has a $4.625M player option next season.

If he exercises his player option next season, it will hurt their chances to resign LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade, and make them suffer much more severe tax penalties.

People forget they gave up a 2016 second round pick, and a first round pick to get Joel Anthony's $3.8M player option for next year of the books and saved $7.7MM-$10MM in the process.

P&GRealist
02-21-2014, 02:33 PM
They'll win a championship with or without him.

DallasTrilla23
02-21-2014, 02:43 PM
I think he'll retire in Miami. He might opt out and sign for less.

Tony_Starks
02-21-2014, 02:48 PM
People need to get used to the idea UD will retire with the Heat. Riley is just that type of guy, he's going to reward him for the years of work he put in.

Plus he's not exactly useless, he's a good insurance policy to have in the playoffs. Will always give you tough D and hit the occasional J.

mavwar53
02-21-2014, 02:54 PM
No, playing or not, just being there means a lot to the team, mostly Wade.

kingsdelez24
02-21-2014, 03:04 PM
I think he'll retire in Miami. He might opt out and sign for less.

He already did that in 2010. He'd be stupid not to take it

kingsdelez24
02-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Teams like Dallas and Denver were willing to offer him up to 40 million on 2010

king4day
02-21-2014, 03:12 PM
He has fallen completely out of the rotation receiving regular DNP's and has yet to play a game in February.

Haslem has a $4.625M player option next season.

If he exercises his player option next season, it will hurt their chances to resign LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Dwayne Wade, and make them suffer much more severe tax penalties.

People forget they gave up a 2016 second round pick, and a first round pick to get Joel Anthony's $3.8M player option for next year of the books and saved $7.7MM-$10MM in the process.

The bold pretty much answers that question. If he isn't good enough to play, no team will want to spend that much money next year on a guy with no value. Miami would have had to give up an asset to dump him and they don't have any.

Delrayhc
02-21-2014, 03:20 PM
Not surprised in the least. He's playing in the city he's from for a loyal organization. He will retire in a heat jersey.

Im_in_Mia_bish
02-21-2014, 03:22 PM
Heat have the best record in the league against teams that are .500 or better (i.e., playoff type teams) and the best record in the league against the vaunted West (better than any Western team against the West).

So no OP, I'm not surprised.

Clippersfan86
02-21-2014, 03:32 PM
Surprised like being pounced on by a lion,
If I told you I wasn't shocked I'd be lyin.
Aging rapidly, joints are depleted.
He'll still be there until the Heat are defeated.
Verbal assault rains down from heat fans.
Can't phase Udonis, this dude is the man.
Riley has a plan and it's made for success.
Sign a bunch of scrubs and let Lebron do the rest.
I'm really bored right now, time to sign out.
I'm done with this mic, now that I showed what I'm about.

RCarlson85
02-21-2014, 03:42 PM
No, not surprised that he didn't get traded. Whether or not there was a team that would want to trade for him, he wasn't going anywhere. He has been loyal to the Heat and a part of their 3 championship teams. The Heat preach loyalty so I see him retiring in a Heat jersey.

xabial
02-21-2014, 04:02 PM
The bold pretty much answers that question. If he isn't good enough to play, no team will want to spend that much money next year on a guy with no value. Miami would have had to give up an asset to dump him and they don't have any.

I don't buy that. Their picks will be in the low 27-30 and 57-60 for the foreseeable future. They only owe a 2015 1st round pick and 2016, 2017 second round picks to other teams.

ghettosean
02-21-2014, 04:18 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9lg6HqJeY0

Clippersfan86
02-21-2014, 04:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z9lg6HqJeY0

LMAO love Chappelle show. :cheers:

beasted86
02-21-2014, 04:31 PM

What a ****ing cornball...

Slug3
02-21-2014, 05:09 PM
He will most likely retire or opt out for less. Once he hit that foot injury a few years ago his game disappeared.

JasonJohnHorn
02-22-2014, 12:47 AM
I think he will retire in Miami.

He's from there. He played there inc college. The season they signed LBJ, Bosh and Wade, they rescinded his rights and even though he had offers for substantially more form other teams, he chose to take a pay cut and stay with Miami.

I'm not sure why he's not in the rotation, but he's a great player. Letting him go COULD come back to bit them in the ***, and if it doesn't, it would at the VERY least be a sign of GREAT disrespect for a player to took a pay cut to be loyal to the franchise.

To be perfectly honest, I kinda thought they did a Joe-Smith back-door deal with him that year.

FlashBolt
02-22-2014, 12:57 AM
This has got to be one of the most nonsensical thread ever. Miami would never trade UD. He's an original. What he has done for that organization over his career has been truly important to Miami's current success.