PDA

View Full Version : Bulls' Mock Playoffs: CLE vs BRK

Shammyguy3
02-21-2014, 01:53 PM
This year the Bulls' Forum held a Mock-Trade deadline game. During this game, due to there being some really bad teams, some rosters were combined with others to increase parity. All teams made the playoffs. Users acted as GMs and tried to improve their team primarily through trade. All players are 100% healthy in these scenarios. So, in a 7-game series which team would win?

5. Cleveland
PG: Jrue Holliday - Michael Carter-Williams - Chauncey Billups
SG: Monta Ellis - OJ Mayo - Omri Casspi
SF: Wilson Chandler - Jae Crowder
PF: Al Jefferson - Derrick Williams
C: Tyson Chandler - Emeka Okafor - JaVale McGee

8. Brooklyn
PG: Rajon Rondo - Jameer Nelson - Jose Calderon
SG: Jamal Crawford - Demar Derozan - Jodie Meeks
SF: Shawn Marion - C.J Miles - DeMarre Carroll
PF: Pau Gasol - Boris Diaw
C: Anderson Varejao - Timofey Mozgov

Cleveland has Home-court advantage

TrueFan420
02-21-2014, 02:26 PM
Interesting match up... Wanna hear some banter first

TrueFan420
02-21-2014, 04:14 PM
@Shammyguy3 wasn't that basically your starting lineup but dirk and a better bench instead of AL?

Shammyguy3
02-21-2014, 04:20 PM
Yeah earlier in the game I had Jrue - Ellis - Tyson, so yeah sorta close

killthesux
02-22-2014, 06:40 AM
Vote

Chrisclover
02-22-2014, 11:57 AM
a competitive and even tied series .I think it is like 4-3 and CLE wins?

mightybosstone
02-22-2014, 12:28 PM
Wow, I'm surprised people think it's this close. I think it's Cleveland by a mile. Brooklyn's two best players are Rondo and Gasol, who both have dealt with injuries this season and look like shadows of their former selves. I think it's Cleveland by a mile. Brooklyn's team actually makes no sense. They have three starting point guards and two starting caliber SGs, but their three front court players are mediocre as hell. Why keep all those guards when the rest of your team is so bad?

As for Cleveland, they're not perfect, but they've got a lot of offensive firepower, and they're good enough defensively to give some opposing teams issues. I'm not a fan of Jefferson at PF at all, but Chandler should be able to help out defensively in the paint.

I'd take Cleveland in a sweep.

KnicksorBust
02-22-2014, 12:46 PM
That Brooklyn team feels like its from 2010 supposed to be really good. I like cleveland here.

knicks_champ
02-22-2014, 04:02 PM
I honestly feel like you guys underestimate depth.

mightybosstone
02-22-2014, 07:18 PM
I honestly feel like you guys underestimate depth.

No sir. I think you're overestimating it. Most contenders usually roll with an 8-9 man rotation, with the starters getting like 35-40 minutes a night. You have four players in your back court bench that deserve AT LEAST 20 minutes a game but no minutes to give them. Plus, your front court is old as **** and just not that talented in the slightest. Like KOB said, if you had made that team like 3-5 years ago, you'd be sitting pretty with two arguably top 25 guys, an elite shooter and one of the best glue guys in the game. But Crawford is the only player in that group I'd say is more or less the same player he was back then. Everyone else has fallen off a step or two.

Shammyguy3
02-22-2014, 07:26 PM
sorry knicks_champ but MBT is right