PDA

View Full Version : B.O.T.Y Goes to?

MetroMan
02-21-2014, 05:44 AM
Who do you got for Buster of The Year?

The #1 pick of the cavs and any injured stars are an obvious choice but aside from those whose play has been surprisingly bad so far?

I got Jr Smith and Andre Iguodala.

sunsfan88
02-21-2014, 06:23 AM
Derrick Favors. He was supposed to be the next coming of prime Amare now that he's a starter and yet he's done squat with and without Burke.

Swashcuff
02-21-2014, 08:39 AM
Iguodala is having his most efficient year yet and has helped to turn the Warriors from a middle of the pack team defensively to a top 3 (they allow 8 more points per 100 when he's off the floor he's even more valuable in that respect than Bogut). Iggy has taken a dedicated team approach and focuses mostly on his D. He's not a buster he's the ultimate team player.

Buster of the year EASILY Josh Smith.

eugene
02-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Deron Williams
Joe Johnson
Andrew Bynum
Brandon Jennings

mdm692
02-21-2014, 09:36 AM
The Brooklyn Nets
Josh Smith
Andrew Bynum

NYJ - NYY
02-21-2014, 09:45 AM
The knicks

jp611
02-21-2014, 09:49 AM
Iguodala is having his most efficient year yet and has helped to turn the Warriors from a middle of the pack team defensively to a top 3 (they allow 8 more points per 100 when he's off the floor he's even more valuable in that respect than Bogut). Iggy has taken a dedicated team approach and focuses mostly on his D. He's not a buster he's the ultimate team player.

Bingo.

Iggy is far from a "buster"

MonroeFAN
02-21-2014, 10:09 AM
Josh Smith.

Followed by Brandon Jennings.

Followed by Joe Dumars.

D-Leethal
02-21-2014, 10:31 AM
Josh Smith.

Followed by Brandon Jennings.

Followed by Joe Dumars.

Smith is in a lose lose situation. The second he signed in DET every single person here knew that was going to be a disaster, and when it becomes a disaster we blame the player who is in a completely backwards situation for his skillset?

Knicks #1
Deron Williams #2
Joe Dumars #3

MonroeFAN
02-21-2014, 10:41 AM
Josh Smith sucks *** dude. He's looked terrible as a 1st, 2nd, and even 3rd option. He has the worst touch I've ever seen, regardless of where he is on the floor and he's being paid like a superstar.

The guy is a buster. Don't blame this on Detroit, plenty of players are playing well there now, and have in the past. He now plays a majority of his minutes at the 4, and nothing has changed. He has a few good games, and then defaults back to being a lazy turd.

D-Leethal
02-21-2014, 10:52 AM
Josh Smith sucks *** dude. He's looked terrible as a 1st, 2nd, and even 3rd option. He has the worst touch I've ever seen, regardless of where he is on the floor and he's being paid like a superstar.

The guy is a buster. Don't blame this on Detroit, plenty of players are playing well there now, and have in the past. He now plays a majority of his minutes at the 4, and nothing has changed. He has a few good games, and then defaults back to being a lazy turd.

I don't think one 3/4 in this league who can't shoot would thrive in Smith's position on that team. Pieces have to fit if you want those pieces to thrive. Lesser talent that fits will always out-produce greater talent that doesn't. Smith has talent, he just doesn't fit on that squad. Even putting that ridiculously discombobulated frontline aside for a minute, who the hell thought pairing Josh Smith with Brandon Jennings would be a successful formula? The whole roster is a disaster, nobody fits. Thats why when assessing the mess that is the Detroit Pistons, Dumars is the buster who deserves the most blame.

D-Leethal
02-21-2014, 10:54 AM
Smith has shown flashes of his talent, busters don't put up 30 point triple doubles, but if you want to harness that talent and get the most out of it, you have to put him in a position for success, he is nowhere near that position on that roster and it should be a surprise to no one that he's having an awful, underwhelming season.

D-Leethal
02-21-2014, 11:02 AM
I haven't seen a worse mix of talent than this Detroit team since Isiah thought it would be a good idea to have a backcourt of Marbury-Nate-Crawford and a frontcourt of QRich-Zbo-Curry.

Pierzynski4Prez
02-21-2014, 11:15 AM
Knicks-all but Melo
Nets-mostly Deron
Bynum
Josh Smith
Cavs FO

Spacolie716
02-21-2014, 11:44 AM
No one has mentioned this one yet. O.J Mayo. You're supposed to be the #1 scoring option and you only put up 12.2 ppg. Horrible even by Bucks standards. Oh, and I'm a Bucks fan by the way if you haven't figured out from the Mayo pick.

TheNumber37
02-21-2014, 11:52 AM
Really, Bynum

Max.This
02-21-2014, 01:16 PM
No one has mentioned this one yet. O.J Mayo. You're supposed to be the #1 scoring option and you only put up 12.2 ppg. Horrible even by Bucks standards. Oh, and I'm a Bucks fan by the way if you haven't figured out from the Mayo pick.

im thinking theres a lack of motivation of his part, even though theres 8 million reasons a season to be.

My pick: Deron williams, 2nd is mike woodson

I would say knicks, but you cant even for sure see our player problems when the coach doesnt even have a set rotation and/or knows how to put players together.

Shammyguy3
02-21-2014, 02:51 PM
Another very honorable candidate is Carlos Boozer: 49.3ts% 45.5efg% 26.8usg% 95 ORtg

lamzoka
02-21-2014, 03:22 PM
Knicks as a team

J. Jonshon, D. Will and the whole brooklyn nets team

B. Jennings, Josh Smith and Joe Dumars

Kaner
02-21-2014, 04:17 PM
honorable mentions- Kyrie Irving and Jimmy Butler

Butler been injured so that's definitely a factor but I was hoping to see some improvement on offense from him.

Kaner
02-21-2014, 04:18 PM
Another very honorable candidate is Carlos Boozer: 49.3ts% 45.5efg% 26.8usg% 95 ORtg

wow didn't even realize it was that bad

MTar786
02-21-2014, 07:17 PM
bynum no contest

slashsnake
02-22-2014, 03:06 AM
bynum no contest

That makes him the back to back winner.

Anthony Bennett.. 1st overall pick shooting 33% and having a rookie year that makes Kwame Brown look like a stud.

Carlos Boozer: 49.3ts% 45.5efg% 26.8usg% 95 ORtg
Anthony Bennett 40.1ts%, 35.6efg%, 20.2usg%, 82 ORtg

zn23
02-22-2014, 05:11 AM
Iggy has been disappointing but I think it has a lot to do with the way he's being utilized by the Warriors. They're not using him properly. I think he can excel in a better situation.

The bust of the year is clearly Josh Smith. Smith has always been an underrated player in the past. He was the Hawks best player for like 5 or 6 years yet Joe Johnson was the one playing in all the all-star games.

But he has been an absolute bust in Detroit.

Sadds The Gr8
02-22-2014, 05:35 AM
Josh Smith. The moron is ****ing over my fantasy team too...

PurpleLynch
02-22-2014, 07:06 AM
Bynum?

nastynice
02-22-2014, 12:12 PM
Who do you got for Buster of The Year?

The #1 pick of the cavs and any injured stars are an obvious choice but aside from those whose play has been surprisingly bad so far?

I got Jr Smith and Andre Iguodala.

:confused:

mightybosstone
02-22-2014, 12:33 PM
I'll take it a step further. Here is my all-underwhelming team of the year:

PG Deron Williams
SG J.R. Smith
SF Josh Smith
PF Anthony Bennett
C Andrew Bynum

MetroMan
02-22-2014, 02:23 PM
duplicate

MetroMan
02-22-2014, 02:47 PM

:confused:

wrong

A.I has a PER of 13. Far from his most efficient year. I expected more from him. His averaging career lows just in about everything. his in the start of a near 50 million dollar deal. He brings defense I suppose but there are countless other players that can do that for less the price

After 55 games the GS warriors are 33-12....Last year after 55 games they were 31-24. The only reason for their ever so slight improvement are from the improved contributions of Bogut PER of 18, Curry PER of 24, and Klays slight improvement on offense.

SMith sucks but his PER is about a 15 and he averages 16 points a game. People just expected too much from him when he isnt that good to begin with

ManRam
02-22-2014, 03:16 PM
Josh Smith would be fine if he weren't logging most of his time out of position. As a PF he's still a fine player. As a SF forced to operate outside he is a buster. But I can't put all this blame on him.

Bynum runs away with this.

I'm also baffled as to why Favors was mentioned. He hasn't quite been a 10+ million player a year, but he's not that far off :shrug:

mightybosstone
02-22-2014, 07:25 PM
wrong

A.I has a PER of 13. Far from his most efficient year. I expected more from him. His averaging career lows just in about everything. his in the start of a near 50 million dollar deal. He brings defense I suppose but there are countless other players that can do that for less the price

After 55 games the GS warriors are 33-12....Last year after 55 games they were 31-24. The only reason for their ever so slight improvement are from the improved contributions of Bogut PER of 18, Curry PER of 24, and Klays slight improvement on offense.

Lol.... I love how you're using PER like it's the only advanced statistic worth looking at. How about the fact that he's boasted the third highest FG% of his career, the second highest 3-point % of his career, his highest TS% since his rookie season, the third highest WS/48 of his career and the second highest ORtg of his career?

Yes, he's only averaging 10/5/4 per game, but he plays in an offense with Steph Curry, Klay Thompson and David Lee and he's taking fewer than eight shots a night. If you go from being the No. 2 or No. 3 guy to being the No. 4 guy who's asked to really just play lockdown defense, you're not going to put up eye-popping stat lines every night.

I do think Iggy's under-utilized a bit in Golden State's offense, but he's also been hurt a lot this season. I think he'll show his real value in the playoffs and probably put up better numbers next year with a full season on this squad under his belt.

nastynice
02-22-2014, 07:36 PM
yea, I guess offensively Iggy hasn't brought much, but he's usually on the court with two three other major offensive weapons. Depending on how Marc Jackson mixes it up, his offensive numbers might go up if he gets good minutes with Blake on the court, I think it would actually be a pretty good move to mix it up like that.

Swashcuff
02-23-2014, 10:00 AM
wrong

SMith sucks but his PER is about a 15 and he averages 16 points a game. People just expected too much from him when he isnt that good to begin with

What an atrocious misrepresentation of statistics. I question if you even know what PER measures and how it is found. It's CLEAR however that you don't understand how to use stats or how to apply context.

Let me break it down for you exactly the reason why your idea of judging a player like in on a team such as Golden State with the use of a singular stat such as PER (a stat in which I support for what it is meant to capture) is so seriously flawed.

In years gone by Iggy has played on teams where he is relied on to be a scorer and a playmaker. Now he's playing on a GSW team that has Curry, Lee and Thompson (one of the highest scoring trios in the league) so coach Mark Jackson asked him to be more of a spot up helping space the floor even more than a focal point in the offense. Playing with DLee and Curry (two of the best play makers at their position) his role as a passer is lessened (as well as his touches) so his assists are going to go down as well. Here is the real kicker PER favours shot creation and players who take and make a solid volume of their shots Iggy has the highest eFG% of his career and the 2nd highest TS% as well as the 3rd highest WS/48 accumulation all that while shooting almost 4 less shots a game than last season. How on earth can you expect a man who is asked to shoot and pass less than he has since his rookie season to have a high PER?

Iggy's impact on his team goes WAYYYYYY beyond your singular use of the PER statistic (which is by and large an offensive statistic). If you want a statistical debate about Iggy this season you'd lose every time. There is more to basketball than PER but if you want to talk about it chew on this Iggy is 3rd among SFs in Opp PER this season after Paul George and KD this season. So yeah he may not be top up there in PER offensively but when it comes to containing the other team's best perimeter players he is by far one of the best.

Chrisclover
02-23-2014, 11:07 AM
No doubt it has to be Bennett .He was performing like an NBDL player instead of an NBA player .Luckily he is slightly better now